(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

hosanna,

guess there're pros n cons to a clingy child. though independent, zephan can be quite "ba dao" in demanding what he wants. We call him "xiao ba wang", or in k-drama Goong (princess hours) terms, he's the "huang tai zi".. haha..

zephan also sleeps through the night from 8+pm to about 6+am. he sleeps in his own room, and even if he stirs at night, which is seldom, we dont go to him unless his cries sound too desparate.

ixwong, eileenp,

our ON stuff has arrived at vpost usa. Am waiting for vpost to sort out their technical glitches on the change of shipping rates before i pay the shipping charges. (fyi, the new rates are applicable today, but bcos our invoices were given to them before 31 Oct, we'll still be charged the old rate.
happy.gif
)

Sarah's Mom,
Seems like u got no luck on gettin a good maid.

Hossana,
To add on the list, bring some medicine for your child. It may comes in handy.
happy.gif

hello mummies, just wondering when's a good time to start to send our little darlings to attend enrichment programmes like: Kumon, montessori. how to do reseach huh?

Hosanna
Yes, they got huggies pull up pants, but more ex than singapore.

Sarah Mom
Changing accomodation usually not a problem for bb, except in australia, they use playpen as cot, and no extra layer of mattress, so maybe a bit uncomfortable for bb.

Re farmstay. On hindsight, I wld rather not stay 2N at the farmstay (sunflower farm), out of my 8N trip. Famrstay accomodation usually quite basic (well, city dweller like me cannot get used to). It was there that haowen caught a cold cos the night temp plunged and their reverse a/c din work. It wld be better to stay at proper B&B (i stay in noble grape in margaret river, pretty gd) and just drive to the farm for some activities. I stay in mont clare apt in perth city (quite gd).

ok, ok, pix coming up!

564814.jpg
Taking a walk on street of Freo, see my grin?
564815.jpg
Deep in thoughts....at Cicerello!
564816.jpg
Good food, good air, see how fat my cheeks are!
564817.jpg
my 1st pix with kangaroo. It's hard to smile when they stink big time!
564818.jpg
hohoho, so many birds!
564819.jpg
happy me!
564820.jpg
Running away from the lavender at Cape Lavender
564821.jpg
have to make do with this cos mummy din bring my potty to Australia
564822.jpg
See, I know how to feed rabbits!
564823.jpg
and lamb
564824.jpg
Let the milk bottle expert show the lambie the proper way to drink from bottle
564825.jpg
hmm...what shd I try? maybe their seasonal spring brew?

ixwong
FANTASTIC photos!!
HW Big Boy liao laaaaa
poo on toilet bowl liaoz! has he learnt to stand up to pee @ urinal yet. *hiak*

hosanna, if you stay in a self-serviced apartment, most of them comes with a washing machine and dryer too. So you can actually do some laundry over there and not have to bring so much clothes over. We did laundry in Auckland & Napier in our 15 day trip to NZ. If you plan to feed baby on instant food, think Australia, just like NZ, will have a good selection at the supermarket. Or you can always cook since you stay in an apartment.

As for luggage, hb and I share a big bag, whereas Nicole went with 2 medium size bags. The 1st medium size bag contained her clothes, her bath towels & her fuzzi bunz cloth diapers. The 2nd bag contained her pampers premium diapers, her potty, her bath gel, moisturizer. We brought her car seat to NZ too.

It seems daunting, but with proper planning, it's not that difficult.

ixwong, those are great pictures. Haowen looks like he really enjoyed himself very much. We will be heading to HK Disneyland in December for 6 days. More travelling for Nicole!

Sarah's mom, the last time we were in Perth in December, there were a lot of sand flies then. Not sure if there will be a lot during summer again this year. But since you are travelling with Sarah, do be extra careful.

ixwong ...

wow HW look like a big boy ar heehee good tt u managed to enjoy the trip =)

snoppy ...

so you finally decided to go to HK afterall =) nicole is a lucky gal ... go to so many places liao!!

Hi Mummies,

My gal is teething and down with slight cough & cold. For the past week, shes only willing to take bread, baby biscuits, milk, and has lost 1/2kg. PD said its ok to feed her these if shes only willing to take such food, and not to force her to eat. Now when she sees her meals in bowl and when I bring her spoon near, she shuns away. PD said some kids go through such phases and can be up to couple of weeks (I really hope its a passing phase).

Ive tried applying teething gel, all sorts of cooking/ feeding method and food, but she refuses after few mouthfuls. Guess I have to make do with her taking finger food for a while. Any suggestions apart from bread and baby bites (she refused steamed carrot and baked potato strips/ cubes where she could feed herself after few mouthfuls). At wits end, so tired last night from all the trying over the past days..

This morning, Cayden said "who who" and stood infront of his potty....hahaha...i din know what he meant.....actually he wanted to wee wee....
happy.gif

Re: Vaccinations

brought Cayden to for Chicken pox jab and pneu-jab yestday. wow...it was painful!!!!

are you mummies going to bring your bbs for MMR at 15mos?

croc shoes,

Issit advisable for babies our age to wear croc shoes???
Kai had to get a pair of new shoes. Went kiddy palace and couldn't find anything that fits him! Realise his feet is too wide. Those that he could fit, it would be too long for him.
Could fit into a Croc though.
Issit ok for them to wear crocs at this age?

aidanee,
So clever of Cayden. Kai doesn't wan to say anything yet. Everything is 'hmm hmm hmm'.
He don't use the potty too.. heee...

Hi Mummies,

Been a long time since I came into this forum. Looks like everyone's still here.

Hi Aidanee,
I think I'll probably bring my gal for the MMR jab. It seems like there's some concern that the jab might cause autism in some children, but it's not been proven rite? How about the other mommies?

Thanks, mummies for the compliments. He did enjoy himself although fall sick w flu when return to Singapore.

Hosanna
Ya, we only brought about 4 days of clothing and wash our clothes quite frequently. Even B&B and farmstay have laundry facilities. So it was a breeze to unpack with few dirty clothing...

As for food, I had some problem cos HW detests jar food, as well as instant porridge. Luckily, we cook quite a few of our meals. For the few times we ate out, we fed him spaghetti (western rest) or rice (chinese rest).

aidanee
haowen still not speaking yet. Only ma-ma and mum-mum. But he can gesture and let us know when he want to wee-wee and poo-poo. Things are getting easier now that he starts to be able to communicate his wants.

I'll probably bring hw for his MMR jab next mth. Want to wait till his flu totally clears first.

Snoopy
wah, travel again. But HKG during dec holidays sure packed w people. So take care!! I stay in disneyland hotel during my last biz trip to HKG, it's a v nice hotel, even got mickey bathroom slippers for little kids! But location wise, a bit far from city. Taxi costs about S$50 per trip times square.

eileen,
my ds also dun want to speak yet... keep gesturing and talk to us in his baby language...sometimes, he sings too..:eek:)

ixwong,
Will scrimp on our luggage space and let it out to our ds instead... :eek:) my mum suggested bringing a slow cooker there to cook his porridge... may try that cos he don't really take those jar food nor adult food...

raisintan,
My ds just passed that phase... he also rejected his cereal and porridge for almost close to two weeks... only ate some bread, rice, finger food such as carrot and he loves sweet potato...also quite headache that period of time cos don't know how to plan his diet... basically, what he like, we give and we don't force him if he did not want... luckily he still loves to drink milk... consulted my pd and she said that it is really ok to even just have milk diet cos he is still above average for his weight... she said it is easier to gain weight than lose weight... think it's just a passing phase in their life, especially when they are teething... mine still quite cranky sometimes at night... and can see that his gums are very swollen and he seems to be telling us he is in pain in his own baby language... :eek:(

Please vote!!
Baby Joshua is in for the Canon Pic of the Week contest... please help to vote... thanx alot!!
http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&catid=175&page=vote&picid=1310

Hi Hosanna,

phew... so glad to know i'm not alone. I hope my gal will grow out of this phase soon, kinda worried if she'll get hooked to eating just baby biscuits and bread. guess i have to get used to the idea of her not eating balanced meal for now and wait patiently for her to revert to her usual self. thanks for sharing

heartpain for me, muscle pain for Cay cos 1 jab on each leg. my pd said i could do MMR and 2nd dose of Pneu-jab at 16th month. i think it will be too much for my boy. will prob do MMR ast 15mth and Pneu at 17th.

Speech
Thanks for the encouragement. at 14mth 1 week, he can speak more than 10 words (quite clearly)...his fav is GO Out when he wants to leave a place and Go up when he climbs the steps. Cayden has always been a quiet and observant boy until last 2 months when he seems to become more vocal. Like what Ixwong says, life is much easier when we can "communicate" quite abit, be it signing, talking, pointing etc. Less frustration. BUT, there is this thing that i have always been trying to teach him. NOD for yes. Somehow he always shakes his head. Maybe got some coordination problem. hahaha....

Seabreeze, you mean YC's fav pastime is majong? I bet he can say "Pong"" very well!

wendyg, tingting
when is our next "playgroup" session? very sian...btw, i think i should be getting my keys next month!!!!!!!!

aidanee, hehe, have been passing by your estate everyday n monitoring progress for you.. hehe.. glad that you'll be getting keys soon.. will be fun for the boys to play together!

re: playgroup @ Punggol
hmm, will be great if we can have one on the last weekend of nov (25-26). i dun mind opening up my house, but i got dog and no aircon. or wendy can offer your place?

aidanee

yar lor .. he gets super excited when he see us taking the mahjong table out and he will wait for us to take out the tiles and want to climb up the chair to play *faint*

start him young so that he wont suffer from 'lao ren chi dai zheng' next time hahahhahahah

aidanee
i thought weekends u'll be at Jurong.

Hey, if any Punggol mummies want to come over tonight or any weekday evening, just SMS me. I'll be home before 7pm. Babies can hang out for a while before bedtime.

tingting
most Saturdays i'll be at Marine Cres (ILs place)
most Sundays i'll be at Pasir Ris (granny's place). Elders are insistent that Isaac visits on weekends. If i happen to be home due to whatever reason, will SMS whoever's nearby & interested to drop in.

wendyg,
weekend usually at jurong....rotting away. go playground, park or swim at the pool. BUT quite bored. or if you guys want to come over also can. hiak hiak.

tonight i may want to go for facial with hubby, so maybe Thursday? let you know.

wendy, u go there whole day arh? for my ILs, it's pretty chop chop over a meal, about 1-2 hrs only. i visit my grandmother once every fortnight. i actually dun really like to cramp my weekends with so much activities, rather spend a quiet day with zephan, or a walk down to ur place!
happy.gif

aidanee
we go to jurong? u may as well organise a Jurong mummies playgroup. har har.

tingting
i'll be at IL/ granny's place from (approx) 2 to 7+pm. Still chasing Isaac around the house, but difference is their FLOOR IS CLEANER than my place! And i'm not the only one chasing after him - my ILs, my aunts all enjoy playing with him. They even bring him downstairs for a walk to see his fav buses & motorcycles & bicycles.. give me a breather! I can actually take an afternoon nap if i wish. Fwah! *heavenly*

Not much activity la, i dun go from shopping mall to shopping mall etc. Isaac still takes his afternoon naps at a regular spot - either IL's bed or my aunt's bed. He's quite familiar with either place liao.

wendy,

i also nap at home, when zephan takes his 2-4pm nap. one thing i dun like about going my grandma's place is that they tend to feed him with funny stuff.. and they dun believe in schedules/routines... :p

at home i tend to busy myself.. cleaning here, sweeping there. Isaac's afternoon nap only abt 1hr or less, so not much chance for me to rest after i'm done with whatever needs to be done. Yeah, my FIL amuses himself by taunting/ feeding isaac with sng buay *faint* and apples when i'm giving him porridge!!! Luckily my MIL jumps in & gives him a good thrashing on my behalf. har har har.

wah, sng buay?! but isaac doesnt like fruit right?hehe.. zephan doesn't really like strangers to carry him, but he has a weakness: food. that's why my relatives keep tempting him with the promise of food. sometimes it's junk, sometimes they're merely empty promises. i dun like that.

i just clean the house during weekday nights. so weekends just for him to play around.

i'm not allowed to do housework on weekday nights coz deric believes it's family time. To him, housework is to be done in the day time. So i do what i can la...

FIL just so amused at seeing isaac's screwed up face when he tasted the sng buay. Thank God it's just 1 lick. Well... what to expect.. my granny-in-law gave isaac some beer when he was 10 months old...

haha.. it runs in the family... :p

tell deric that doing housework together is also family time.. hehe... erm, isn't he playing games at night also? hmm...

in the end i watch him play games lor.
it's against his morals to do housework at night. Already he doesn't let me do. Much less he join in!

you're too nice to him. if ben makes me watch him play games, i'll be bored to tears! it's enough to face the computer whole day at work.

tingting
I'm looking around for a new car seat for ds cos the current one is too reclined so he's not comfortable. I remember u use maxi-cosi priori xp for zephan, rite? how u find it? how much u pay?

wendyg, adjusting to jetlag for baby is easier if you have a room that has night curtains. During the NZ trip, we noticed that Nicole will sleep later when the room is dark. At Napier, where we were staying in a cottage and it only had day curtains, Nicole would wake up when it gets bright. That happened too in Glasgow at my aunt's place! My aunt only had day curtains, and during summer, it starts to get bright from 4am and sun sets from 9pm. Hence Nicole ended up waking between 4-6am because it got pretty bright, and she would sleep ard 8-10pm because she was waking up so early. Whereas poor mummy would normally be sleeping around 11pm-12am and sometimes wake up around 4-5am. After a couple of days of these, mummy started to feel zombied from lack of sleep.

I found that she adjusts better going to Europe, and not as well coming back to Singapore. Her sleeping pattern in Glasgow was more or less adjusted by day 2. Back in Singapore, it took her close to 5-6 days to adjust her sleeping cycle back to Singapore time.

aidanee, if you are having a Jurong playgrp, can count me in. hee. btw, are you still seeing Dr Yvonne at the Clementi Arcade? Do pop by to visit me the next time you are there. Can buzz me to see if I'm home.

wendy, that doesn't mean u dun discuss or voice ur opinion.

ixwong,
yup, i'm using maxi cosi priori xp. i have no problems with that, cos there're 3 reclining positions. usually i use the most upright one. if he dozes off in the car, will recline more for comfort.

h/w, one grouse i have is that the sides of the car seat is not well-padded enough. it's foam beneath the car seat cover (upper half). so sometimes when we come to a bend with a hump and he gets swayed to the sides it may be a bit hard for them. i was considering bet this model and Britax, which has better padding but looks like the seat will be warm in local climate to me. Also, Britax is more expensive. I can't remember how much I got it for, but I bought it at the Kaki Bukit warehouse (Baby Kingdom or Hyperstore).

You can come over to try the seat if u want, when u collect your ON stuff. Oh, to update you and eileenp, our ON items are on their way to Singapore already. Paid the shipping charges last week.

wendyg ...

u so 'xiao nu ren' one ar heehee

ixwong ...

currently I am using the britax and its good and YC can zzzz inside soundly but I agree with Ting Ting that its v warm cos he always wakes up with a 'wet head'

aidanee ...

u org playgroup ar ... at ulu jurong hahahahah so farrrrrrrrrr

snoopy,
yes, still seeing Dr Yvonne. had a peep at your place and saw a little pool in your yard. wow......water play??? Might want to bring Cayden and my parents to HK in Jan during my trade show visit. Please update your experience, okie?

sure, if i ever have a jurong playgroup, i will definitely invite you, and SEABREEZE.....(got heart, not far lah.....singapore very small!) the function Room here is huge!!!!

i also want to change a car seat. Cayden wants to see things now...any recommendation? my budget is not more than 200. Cheapo??? maybe buy 2nd hand....will go to hypermart this fri or sat while servicing my car.

tingting
had our fights abt doing housework at night since we got married in 2004.. i decided to submit & see how. Now ok liaoz.

seabreeze
God's command for me to submit.. it's not easy! sigh.

aidanee
my sis advise not to buy 2nd hand car seat, coz any accidents would render it structurally unsafe, & u wouldn't know how the 1st owner drives huh

snoopy
how nice if i could take extra extra leave even after i return (if i were to go) to help isaac adjust. I dun hv that luxury! So guess i can't go... *sob*

wow! u mummies..are really rich n knows how to enjoy life! kinda envious of snoopy n ixwong.... manage to venture out to countries which are further! for me.. m trying out on a short trip to genting at the end of the month.. dunno if.. he'll be able to adjust or not...sigh..

any difficulties faced when travelling with kids?

adelyee, i faced some problems when i brought nick and sam to genting last month. Nick refuse to come out of the little caterpillar and the little car that he was in. He was crying and crying when we carried him out. haha.. Apart from that, we settled for the restaurants and Mary Brown for porridge for nick. Never bring any canned food.
BTW, if u are driving up, just take note that the distance up and down the mountain is now further. Nicholas face turned green when we came down from genting. By the time we reached KL and carried him out of the car, he puked. Same for samuel. Water and sweets didn't help.

Hey mummies, anyone having problems buying shoes for our little kiddos? Nick's toes area is very broad. He's currently wearing sandals as the front is extendable. I still cannot find him a suitable shoe cos the fronts are always not broad enuff.. any recommendations?

aidanee ...

got heart then dun organise at Jurong lar ur place is super faaaaarrrrrr ler

wendyg ...

wow ... ur hubby v lucky lor u so submissive *wink*

adel ...

i think as long as you bring all the necessity (clothes, water, food, FM, medicine etc) ... dun have to worry too much and just enjoy urself esp when you are going to somewhere that is so developed ... I am sure that you should be able to buy anything that you missed out

Back