(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

miso_ramen

hi hi...starting a new thread for those who will deliver in august 05.
233926.jpg

My first baby.. EDD 9th Aug.. was 5mm on prev chkup 17 Dec, Dr Yvonne Soong TMC.

I was only 6 weeks & she asked me to sign package already?! $800

Recently i found myself feeling anxious about the impending change... my life will NEVER be the same again?! The life that i was used to, the only life that i knew for nearly 30 years.. carefree, take care of myself, enjoy myself, no dependents, no one to take care of..

soon i'll b promoted to "Mother" status.. it's a 24x7 designation, & boy, is it a HUGE jump from "Wife" status. What kind of mother will i be? Can i live up to that title? How can God use me, as imperfect as I am, to be a guardian for His precious creation? I regard this with fear & trembling.

I thought I would look forward to the pregnancy.. but right now i have doubts.. i can pray against morning sickness, but can i pray against stretch marks & back ache? I fear gestational diabetes due to family history. I'm bombarded by all sorts of unsolicited advise about what to eat, what not to eat..
When will the "glow" come? I look forward to it.

wow...u got so many concerns! dun worry, u will be a good mum..if not, u wont be thinking of all these...haha..Good for ur bb!

Did u chk how much is the fees u hv to pay on every visit? Is it btr to sign a package?

For me, I went to see my gynae on 18.12.2004, I was abt 5wks 4 days then. I was charged $50 for consultaton, scan, folic acid and Vit. B6. I find it very reasonable so tt's y my gynae dun hv a package deal at all. Mine's a male gynae. This is my 2nd pregnancy.

My EDD should be on the 20.08.2005.

Yea..I agree a lot of things will change arnd u with the arrival of the bb. But dun worry, just take things as it comes k..u can cope with it btr.

Am i ready to be a mother, to be responsible for moulding a life according to God's Word?

Will i ever be ready for such a thing?

But as God granted us this baby, we thank Him for His signal that it's time for us to move on & grow up. With much trepidation do we accept this mammoth task, & are reminded to pray more to seek His direction & annointing. For it's not by power or might, it's only by His Spirit that enables us. Not by human understanding, for His ways are higher than ours.

Got to remind ourselves constantly to walk by faith, & not by sight.

Can u see that i'm overwhelmed? I'm only 6 weeks... =P

She said 1st visit $200, subsequent about $100. According to her calc, we'll save 50% by taking the package... it's ok with us lah, just din expect her to sign us up so soon.. i thought normally package will start 16-20 wks.
As usual, blood test & medicine excluded.

1st visit: Consultation, scan & calcium. I still had folic from previously. She told me not to take Obimin, which the prev gynae gave me (Dr Esther Ng).

Who's your gynae?
If i'm not wrong u said your #1 is 18 months?

oic...quite ex hor?

My gynae is Dr. S.H. Kee at Far East Plaza. I wasn't given Obimin too. Is it good? haha..

Yes right..18 mths liao.

You should be more than 6 weeks my dear.

6 weeks as at 17 Dec (last Fri). my last menses ended 30 Oct.

Correct mah?

You also deliver TMC right? The lobby reminded me of hotel rather than hospital. Nice & cosy. Our first visit there last Fri.

miso u working?

U must count from the first day of ur LMP. I think you should be more than 6 weeks liao. Ur gynae din tell u?

cos my EDD is 20.08.2005 and 2mlr I will be 6 weeks liao.

Ya..I will be delivering at TMC this time too. I like tt place.

Yes I am working.

hello gals,

want to check about costs as well. My gynae charged $80 for 1st consultation and $50 for subsequent ones. Her packages start from 4th month $950, and also does not include blood test and medicine other than usual supplements. dunno whether it's considered expensive or not?

also, what are your gynae's delivery charges?

wendy,

ur cycle is more than 28 days? cos my last menses stopped on 8 or 9 Nov leh, and my EDD is the same as yours.

as for motherhood responsibilities, well, just pray for the best and do what we can.
happy.gif

miso
first day of last menses? i thought last day.. haiya, nvrmind lah, around there.. my nxt visit 29 Dec I'll ask again.

ting2
My cycle was abt 5 wks.. frankly i don't count the days.. too many days.. i only count weeks =)
The shortest time was 4.5 wks - i was on the pill.
The longest time was 3 months! haha.. happy like bird, no AF to bother meeeeeeeeee. But that time not married yet.

Delivery charges? That's a good qstn... maybe i call the clinic to ask.. heh.

so ting2 hv u decided to stick to Dr Chen or switch to KKH?

Hi ting ting, welcome here!

I think ur gynae's charges are pretty reasonable too...still got package? Which hospital u will be delivering at?

I cannot remember his deliver charges..must chk.

My LMP is 11.11.2004 so now, am abt 6 weeks gestation.

i just called about the delivery charges:
Normal $1k
C-section $1.2k-1.5k

How does that compare to other docs?

Hi All

I am due 10th Aug 05. 1st child and very excited and worried.
more worries to come as I am 34years old this year and will be 35 when baby due...

Hi

I think my EDD is almost close to miso's. My LMP is 13 Nov 04. This is my first pregnancy
happy.gif

When I went to see my doctor on 14/Dec, he did not do any scan for me? Is that normal? could it be because I'm only 4 weeks then?

Still thinking with whether to switch to Dr Lawrence Ang (TMC) or stick with my Gleneagles'RE. My RE is very ex and make me worry abt cost....

michelle
big congrats.. hv u been waiting long for this baby?

ixwong
what's RE?
Gleneagles & Mt E is 1 of the most ex hospitals i think?

Thanks Wendy..

nope... ROM in AUg and chuch in Oct..started trying immediately...have to start quickly coz of the age factor..

Do u get tired easily? I am tire so easily, just walking up a flight of stairs and i am panting..

maybe coz i wasnt very fit either prior to pregnancy...m 7th weeks and already cant wear my normal clothes!!

bought a maternity skirt and am wearing it altho abit pantang (shudnt be wearing b4 3rd month)

Hi Michelle and ix, welcome here.

Michelle, dun worry k. Enjoy ur pregnancy, eat well and rest well! U need those energies when bb is born!

Ix..cool, so our EDD should be abt the same. I know some docs at 'prestigious' hospitals dun do scanning on every visit. As to whether you should switch to another gynae, the most impt factor I would consider first is how comfy I am with the gynae...cos I hv to see him for the next 9 mths leh..

Wendy, will chk on my gynae's delivery charges..dun wish to call in the office, cos lidat..all my colleagues will know! haha...

Michelle

erm... not feeling tired coz i'm at home anyway. On long MC for excision of infected lymph node.

When i get back to work then see how.. my office very fast paced & full of deadlines.. so God timed the start of this preggie with sick leave so that i can rest at home.. heh.

i can't eat my regular meals though.. hv to take small portions. Lots of gas.. been burpin & fartin a lot. Could either be due to baby or antibiotics (for my wound).

wah, so fast hv to wear maternity.. no need to pantang lah, since God has blessed, what u wear won't affect lah.

i've lost 2kg over the past month due to the surgery & the bland food.. & sommore now can't take my regular portions..

hi everyone,

nice to see this thread growing!

ixwong, my gynae did a scan for me on all my visits...cost quite a bomb i tell you! the first time was when i wanted to confirm my pregnancy (at about 4 weeks). she detected a bit of excessive fluid outside the water sac in my womb, which can be worrisome if no improvement. 2nd time (2 days later) to confirm that it is not an ectopic pregnancy (i.e. fertilised egg outside of womb). 3rd time was last sat, when i can see the bb heart beating..hehe...

michelle, not to worry. find yourself a reliable gynae and everything will be fine.. loads of people have given birth well past their 30s..
happy.gif

oh yah, forgot to add that my appetite these 2 days seem to have gone downhill, after 1 week of improved appetite...not sure why though..

i'm also feeling sleepy most of the time... try to drink more water to keep awake at work...

anyone had morning sickness yet?

Miso
thanks for the encouragement

Wendy
Me too having the same problem..burping alot..though i eat normala portions.

tingting
thanks for the encouragement..

nope ..no morning sickness yet... hope not to get at all...though at times do feel abit nauseating but thats usually after a heavy meal.
have to try not to overeat.

I am Malaysian and living in JB, hubby working in spore and is a PR.
Am thinking of delivering at Mt Alvernia.also coz can use medisave (use to work in Spore b4)

currently seeing a gynae in JB, relatively cheap, consultation and scan (no medication) RM 30. NIce doctor too..

ei, tonight got Zoe Tay's new show "Ah Jie is a Mom"?
Channel 8, 8.30pm.

aiya i think i can't watch coz my cell group forget what i look like & coming to visit at 8pm.

oh yeah.. almost forgot abt that program..thanks for reminding...

have to rush home from church too...

nyny
i may hv given wrong info to gynae & so my EDD may not be zhun..
last chk'd was 9th Aug (National Day!)

what i do know is that conception shld be during the long wkend of Deepavali & Puasa.
We were planning to go away but he couldn't get off work, so bb is Made in Punggol =))

Michelle
sigh, just 1 bridge & the rate is so much better there. My hubby regularly brings his car for servicing in JB. Cheap until can cry... & we go for fantastic prawn noodle & duck rice meals.. wah BEST.
My friend did her Lasik in JB too. Only cost her 50% vs Sgp.

hi wendy
ya, mine also was around the long weekend in phuket.
happy.gif
my EDD was calculated based on my last menses date. so, no sure if i will be July 05 mtb. :p

Hey..tks for reminding us abt Zoe's show tonite!! Yea..must go bk and watch my idol!!

wendy, must take care ok...ur antibiotic is pregnancy-safe?

hi wendy, i'll try to see if i can tape the show for you... cannot confirm though, cos may be going parents' place for dinner...

Hi gals,

I'm 6+ weeks preggy and EDD 15 Aug 04. This is my 1st pregnancy and is very precious to me cos it I conceived under ICSI.

Hi Ixwong,

It's a bit early to scan at 4 week. U will see only a dot then. When I scan at 4.5 weeks, can only see a sac and at 5.5 weeks, then saw the pulse.

Hi Wendyg,

I'm getting gassy stomach too. Make me very sick and uncomfortable. Going to buy Ru Yi Oil tonight to apply. I've also lost weight, abt 1.5kg so far. Hope our gassy feeling will go off soon!

miso

har nor.. i'm home for a month now.. must have smthg to look forward to .. find myself remembering the TV showtimes..

yeah all the medication is baby safe.. gynae also approved the antibiotics. Since day 1, I was telling all the docs that I was TTC, so they were cautious when prescribing medicine. Even painkillers.

For my 1st pregnancy..no ms..i hope this time too! *pray hard*

I hv put on wt leh..aiyo..been eating non stop lidat..but when i ate too full..can feel really bloated for long time!

hi miso
i also heard that he's nice. so far, quite comfy with him. he looked a bit like superman. heheheh

the 1st time i went to see him (around week 5 or 6), we couldn't see anything thru the scan. so,he only charged me consultation fee $70. not sure how much his package is. :p

hi chemistry
wats' ICSI?
wow, you were able to see the sac in 4.5 weeks.

hi gals
do you feel that you tummy gets bigger during nite time?

so far i have nausea feeling, is it considered as morning sickness?

wah...looks like all our babies were made during the long weekend (duh!! otherwise there wudnt be this page)

nyny...
if urs made during the long weekend ur EDD shud also be in Aug. my calculation is also based on last menses date..oni thg is u must take it as 10 months and not 9 mths

i did my scan at 7 weeks could see heartbeat already.

hi michelle
oh, so fast.
that's why i don't wanna tell my parents and in law on this pregnancy yet. 'cos i still couldn't see anything thru the scan. worried that if sth happen *touch wood*, they will be disappointed, and i will get 'unnecessary nagging'. hahaha....

chemistry
wa, what is Ru Yi Oil? I only got Axe Brand & Knife Brand Vegetable Oil..

what is ICSI?

ting2
ehhh, no need lah, my home got no VCR player.. cannot view the tape ley... heh heh.

Nyny
Your doc which floor? Mine is #04-07 TMC.

hi wendy
i am not sure which flr he located. his clinic is called TLC sth. i went to his clinic at marsiling which only open on monday and wednesday.

Hi nyny,

ICSI is an infertility treatment like IVF or commonly known as test-tube baby. It involved fertilisation of the egg outside the body and putting back the fertilised egg to the womb.

hi chemistry
oh.... that must be very expensive. so, your gynae will monitor your pregnancy progress very closely?
how long have you been trying before decided using that treatment?

Hi wendyg,

Ru Yi Oil is a medicated oil which is commonly used on babies. It helps to get rid of gas in the babies. Think it should work for adults too!

wah chemistry, it must have cost u a bomb! how long were to TTC b4 u went on the fertility programme?

take care yah...

nyny
me 2 like u, initially dont 1 2 tell anyone but my hubby say good news must share....
dont worry nothg will happen

nyny
wa lieu, when doctor's urine test positive, my hubby already told everybody... he was very excited..

i was apprehensive at first.. thought at least wait a few more weeks to share the news, but he couldn't keep his mouth shut.. like a boy with a new toy.. his joy was infectious =)

Back