(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

Hi Cakey,

Or you can put individual portions into the ice cube trays that have cover. Some of these ice trays can be detached cube by cube. So can just pluck out one cube to defrost.
 


Thanks mummies for all the compliments. "Big boy" Haowen sent flying kisses to all aunties... mmmmahh...I think i'm gonna miss him badly on my coming biz trip. My first time away from him and for 1 whole week!!....*sob* *sob*

cakey,
the blue bear is the pacifer clasp.

Ting
Haowen is abt 82cm, I think. Not too sure now, will measure him again tonight.

cmy
We train him to sit in car seat since young, so now he's used to it liao but will still once in a while complain esp if stuck in a jam.

Sweetpea
Go again so soon? U just went 3 months back leh. Go somewhere else lah. Europe?
 
Hi ixwong,

Europe? Think the long flight will be a bit much for little Matthew to handle. Hehe..just 3 mths but it feels like a long time already
happy.gif


Oh..am sure he will miss you just as much. But dun worry, am sure you will both do fine ...
 
ixwong, wow, HW is v tall! people are already commenting that my boy looks tall, but well, yi shan hai you yi shan gao! hehe...
 
hi mummies,
have confirmed my japan trip liao and YES, after much contemplation, we have decided to bring Cayden along. It's a biz cum leisure trip.....hahaha, gonna bring him to attend meeting and exhibition!!
happy.gif


gonna start him on jar food so that he will get used to the taste....think for 5 days he will be eating cereal and fresh fruits.....heard they have a good stock of bb food at the supermarket....nepia too...
 
Aidanee
way to go leh. Japan sounds exciting!

sweetpea
Matthew looks so cool sitting in his throne
happy.gif
Why u get him a lilac bumbo huh? He's a boy leh...
 
re-diapers

hi mummies,
can share what diapers you use for your bb during the day, and during the night?
 
Aidanee can you share you experience with us when you come back from Japan, I hope to go Japan for a holiday too.

Day = Drypers
Nite = Mamy Poko/ PP (Just try MP but think PP is better)
 
I'm a Mummy, Nicole uses pampers premium and nepia during the day. At nite she uses fuzzi bunz cloth diapers.

aidanee, I didn't let Nicole try jar food before going to NZ. But she took to it fine. So guess if Cayden is not a fussy eater....he should be fine too.
 
hi triniti,

thks for sharing. looks like i have to learn how to bake... ;p I think it means to put the fish in the oven? can i check what temp is best and for how long? we have an oven at home but I only used it once to heat up a leg of ham 2 xmas ago...

not sure if my machine has dry mill function, will have to get maid to check it. if we don't have it, can you tell me which machine you've got?

sorry for so many questions, I'm very ignorant when it comes to domestics and really need some specific guidance... tks again for your help!
 
i'm a mummy,

daytime - petpet
night - pampers premium

aidanee, not to worry, Japan has got all sorts of ready-to-eat food and baby stuff. just need to locate the supermarket
happy.gif
 
Hi ladies,

MIA for weeks liao. Very stress at work. My boss just conducted a retrenchment/recruitment exercise and everyone had to give him a report on how we can 'value add'. Really dun understand why he has to do this every 3 mth. The turnover rate in my office is real high. I am by far the longest serving staff (after working for 1.5 yrs). The rest don't even make it thru 3 mth probation.

Went for some job interviews last week and dunno how my boss caught wind of it. Just called me in yesterday
sad.gif
Told me if I wanna go it's fine with him but if I'm looking at staying long-term then he advised me to focus and don't keep looking around for jobs. I thought everyone shld do a market test every now and then? *sigh* Really dunno what to do now.
 
anissa, ur boss sounds like a terrible person. i think u shld find a better job and go! He sounds like he doesn't appreciate what his employees do for him.

wendy, can always get some from me. i've just started using my last pack of M
happy.gif
 
anissa ...

scali he read the forum to monitor you?? esp u using your real name ar ....

i personally feel that if you feel v stressed and unhappy there ... then focus on finding a new job ... good luck!!!

aidanee ...

finally you decided to bring cayden ... so BKK how?? heehee

i'a a mummy ...

weekday (day) - cloth nappies
weekend (day) - nepia
night - pampers premium

shouldnt be diff to guess why he only wear nappies on weekday right heehee

anyway YC had fever AGAIN ... wonder whats wrong ... i am crossing my finger that he is really teething ar ... if not off we are going to the PD again tom *sian*
 
wendyg, giant having promotion for PP at $71 for 2 boxes. just bought it last week, not sure the promo is still going on anot.

i'm a mummy,
daytime - huggies (just switch, gonna change brand again)
night - pampers premium
 
anissa, your boss really mean hor. u are one of the senior there and yet he dun appreciate you..

seabreeze, could be virus loh. nowadays lots of babies having fever for no reason. dun worry too much, hope YC will recover soon..
 
Hi mummies,

re- diapers

thanks for sharing. reason i ask is because i normally use petpet in the day and Pampers All Night during the night. But recently, think petpet change their design/cutting, become smaller and the cutting doesn't suit jasmin. So far already leak from the side 3 times! tummy part tight, but thigh part loose..sigh..then for Pampers All Night, it can only be found in malaysia, but it is really good! 1 piece can last her throughout the night, which is usually about 9-10hours. so far, she's been using for about 6 months liao, never leak before at all! (touchwood)... but very hard to get, cause only in malaysia, so must 'tompang' friends who are going there..my stock dwindling liao, so looking for alternatives...

I realise that alot of mummies here use mamy poko or Pampers premium for night...can it hold your bb's urine? my girl uses mamy poko and pp when we go out, and after about 4 hours, the diaper is soaked and almost starting to leak..how to use the whole night lei?
 
tingting, seabreeze & phoebe,
He always tells us that each seat in the office has a price tag and that we must be worth that price to stay in the seat. No matter how much tasks we take on, he is always asking how much MORE we can take.

I have 2 colleagues who came in later than me at a higher level and they work every day (Mon - Sun) from 9am to 10pm. There is no OT btw. I used to do that but now that I have a bb, I need to do some adjustment and he keeps thinking that I am not doing enough. This time round I escaped being 'axed' but how abt the next round???

I now have an offer to work at an enrichment center. Working hr is from 8am-6pm/12pm-10pm. 4 weekdays & 1 weekend. I will have to work 2 days of 8am-6pm & 2 days of 12pm-10pm. They offered me the same pay as what I am getting now. Shld I take up the offer??
 
i'm a mummy, perhaps u can see if the distributer is willing to deliver to singapore? if u and ur frens buy more, should be quite a good demand.

my boy sleeps for 10 hrs too, and PP holds it fine. But must change once he wakes up. cannot hold another pee session else will leak when he's on his tummy crawling, e.g.

seabreeze,

what zephan had was a viral disease called "Roseola Infantum". Symptoms are high n fluctuating fever, but little loss of appetite, and spots/rash after fever subsides. Fever lasts from few hours to 4-5 days, and rash from few hours to 1-2 days. You may want to find out more about infant fevers from the website. Most kids will get it from 6m to 3 years. But after u got it, u'll be immune to it already.
 
phoebe
each box of PP M size how many pcs?
U still using Huggies M size?
For Huggies & NTUC diaper, my boy has to use L size liaoz.

anissa
u like the location? (ie issit v far, like Bt Batok?) Sounds like a welcome change from your current job?
 
wendyg,
The location is ok (@United Sq). The only thing I don't like is there will be 2 days in which I've to work 12pm to 10pm. The position is for Customer Service Officer so my job ends after working hrs unlike now.
 
anissa ...

whats ur working hr like now? If you are working freq on weekends and end late like 9pm or 10pm everyday ... you might be better off at the new job

which enrichment ctr isit? there are q a few there? so next time we wan to arrange free trial can go thr you ar hahahaha

ting ting ...

ok will check it out ... really hope that he will recover soon cos we already got programmes for the next few weekends planned ... wan to bring him out with us
 
anissa, your boss treating u all like slaves..not employee

enrichment sounds goods.. can consider if you got no problem with the working hours.. at the same time can learn their stuff, need not sending clarence to classes liao.. hehe


wendyg, each box consist of 192 pcs (2 packs of 96pcs).
daryll used to be on PP thru out the day but now gotto save a bit by changing other brand for daytime use.. Huggies M seems to be smaller in cutting.. really hates it when wanna try a new brands.. the manufacturer should sell trial packs hor.. if not each time gotto buy, try and sell off if it doesnt fit..
i always buy according the the weight shown on the packaging

i'm a mummy, i can buy for u since i'm here in melacca but you gotto wait a bit lah.. will only be going back on end june or early july
 
Amz
I am not qualified to give classes yet
happy.gif
Actually I just put it in the oven toaster, much easier and u can monitor whether it is cook easily
happy.gif
just use a fork and see if it is cook in the centre. Actually cooking baby food is not as difficult as adult food, just have to get used to the cooking and u might be even better than me
happy.gif


I'mummy to be
I use bumwear in the day time and nepia at night. So far no leakage and he sleep for 12 hrs a night
 
Hi Seabreeze & Phoebe,
My current working hr is from 9am to 6pm but I usually come in early and leave late so the working hrs at this new place is ok. As for weekends, I do come back but not as often as I used to. However, my hp has to be on at all time so that the tour guides can reach me.

The enrichment classes are for aged 7 and up I believe. It's called 'The Learning Lab'.
 
Hi Phoebe,

Ah! that would be great, if its not too ma fan for you...perhaps can email or PM me when you are about to come back? then i'll see how much 'stock' of the diapers i have left, and how much/what size i need to buy. Thanks much!
 
Anissa
you have to see if you like the new job scope cos we spend 8 hrs everyday at work. If you like routine work, the Cust Service Officer work shd fit quite well. As for working hrs, I actually thought it nice to sometimes work 12pm-10pm cos (1) can sleep in later; (2) can spend some gd quality time with bb in the morning when he's most active, and (3) no need to join the morning/evening traffic rush....

I'm a mummy
haowen uses cloth diapers (weekday days), petpet (weekends days) and pampers premium (nights).
 
ixwong,
Thnks for the analysis. You are right in saying that the new job scope is more routine. I don't have to think of work after office hrs, unlike now...

You have raised up some gd pts there but when Clarence is bigger, will being away from him for 2 nights be too much? Who is going to guide him in his work etc? By the time I reach home, he will be asleep. On top of that, I will only have 1 weekend with him
sad.gif
 
hi phoebe, are u sure each pack contains 2 * 96 pcs? that means $71 for 384 pcs (2 boxes), which is less than $0.20 per piece. I think u mean 2 packs of 96 pcs in all? That's about $0.37 per piece. Good deal still, cos the offer i bought fr NTUC last week was about $0.39 per piece.
 
Anissa,
Your current job is 9 hours with early to work + ovetime. (guess must be morethan 10 hour)

New offer 10 hours (need to be early & overtime?)

as for no. of day.. I personally feel that I does not matter whether weekend or weekday.. you still have 2 days off. 1 weekend with family, one weekday you can go out with baby to attend baby class or shopping.. still bonding.

weekday off is good. Baby classes not fully pack.. shopping is great.. no trafiic.

Most important is same pay and no addition of working hours..less work/stress.

I currently change a job to getting same pay as previous but position is one grade lower (from Manager to Executive) but who cares.. now I want is on time go home , same pay.
 
wendy, tink giant gt promo on PP. i saw it when i was thr d last wkend. if i m gg thr tis wkend, i'll chk it out 4 u.

sea, poor YC. give him a hug n kiss fr me. u aso take care k.

phoebe, y u intending 2 change again? oh, u r in malacca nw? on holiday?
 
coffeedrinker,
New offer is 10 hrs. I can knock off on the dot according to the person. They will pay if they want me to work overtime. Current job I have to 'value add' but no additional pay.

I am also going one grade lower (frm Mgr to Executive). Will this affect my portfolio next time when I want to change job?

Of the 5 days, there will be 2 days I need to work 12pm to 10 pm. This will mean I probably have to leave bb at my parents' place for 2 nights. This is the only thing which is holding me back now.
 
anissa, there's benefits on the working schedule.. tho u knowck off late but at least u dun have to go to work early.. can spend the mornng session with clarence

tingting, oopss.. i got it wrong. hehehe
it's 96 pcs in a box (consists 2 packs of 48 pcs) i think this is the best offer so far..
happy.gif


vone, daryll used to be on PP whole day.. now relocated to msia and its not selling here.. furthermore, it's quite high cost. gotto make some changes loh else his mummy will not have much $$ to spend on his toys.. hehe

i moved over here to help in my hubby family business.. no choice...
sad.gif

but will still go back once a month.. we ca meet up when i'm back..
sad.gif


i'm a mummy, i've pm you my msn. i'll let u know when i'll be back... most probably its end of june or early july
happy.gif
 
PP in Giant going for $0.41 per pc. So bought MP @ $15.55.

Phoebe
Must pay any tax for bringing diapers n milk powder fr Msia into Sg? Ever get 'caught' by Customs?
For my Genting trip last month, only bought 4 small tins of Nan2, coz no space in car boot!

Hey ladies,
I'm posting this using my hp.. So kewl huh! I'm @ MIL's place, Isaac's asleep on adult bed n i've gotto watch him in case he rolls.. no cot. Didn't bring newspapers / book etc. Discovered this way to keep myself entertained :)
 
Anissa
Although the pay is the same, the 'downgrade' to a routine role will definitely affect your prospect for a managerial job when u want to change job next time. If u are really concerned abt the hrs, why dun you look around somemore before u decide?

Now that I'm a mother, I also face the constant struggle between career development and family commitment. Routine work is definitely better for family life....at least no need to carry over work once knock off. But then, not everyone is suited for routine work, at least not me. I'm too impatient :p
 
Seabreeze,
Wont be joining you cos we are opening a new outlet in KL in mid-jul. so will be travelling to m'sia.

YC having the "soccer" fever????

i'm a mummy,
heard abt Pampers all night. Is it really good? better than Pampers Premium? how much is it for LARGE size? if cheaper and better, then i will stock up during my next trip to KL.

aiyo, i have to switch to L cos M cant hold as much urine now that he is drinking more liquid. diapers getting more and more expensive..... Even for L, i have to change after 9hrs (ie (9pm - 6am, got to change him at 6am else he cant continue his beauty sleep...)

Mummies using cloth diapers...
do you have to change very often? quite tedious rite? and for bumwear, how does it work?

Ting ting,
how is your darling? better?

Anissa,
I agree with Ixwong. The most impt is to ask yourself if you like the job scope. Alot of working mummies may have a slight change of priority after giving birth... but some will still give their best shot at work. Looking at your current jobscope and the amt of effort and commitment that you put in (not easy for you to hang on for 1.5yrs in this company), i can tell that you are not that kind who can simply bo-chap at work. No offence to anyone but just my opinion, even if you have more time for your bb, better working environment, better pay, if you dont enjoy your work, it is no use lor.....Personally, i feel you need not have to accept this offer if you dun feel comfortable....wait for another opportunity lah.
 
vone, added u liao..
happy.gif


wendyg, i never bring in before.. dun think they will imposed tax. if really want to tax, i'll just let them have it loh.. hehe
 


sorry, MP @ Giant is $16.80. Only MP Pants is $15.55. Compare prices until blur liaoz.

ineedmilk
must see my bill next week lor.. I used last month, i thought a lot, but only came up to $4.

phoebe
'let them have it' means forfeiting the $$ u spent on the diapers & milk powder? Wah, u generous lady huh...
 

Back
Top