(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

Yu:
thanks for inviting us to your girl's party almost 1 year in advance!!
it will be nice to have daddy around, so we'll wait!
happy.gif

KC:
you finally managed to convince your parents?
CoNGRATS! may you enjoy the trip to BKK to the fullest!

All sick babies, todds and moms:
Get well soon!

sorry ah, i always come in to do such general posts. the thread's moving so fast today i can't catch up!

Seagal,
I remember u did mention to me but how come I can forget so easily huh? oh no, my mind is not working...poor memory now..
sad.gif

Ok, thing MUST DO tonight and tomolo morning; give pao shen water to Wilfred!
thanks seagal!

hey aunties, look at me 1 year ago and now.. and most impt of all, on the same bench at the zoo.. exactly taken on the day when i m 6 mths old and 18 mths old.. still wearing the same pants.. mummy says i am still as short...
happy.gif

461557.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Daffy n KC</font>
i am reading a few at the moment. will let you know if its interesting. but looking for alternative views and theories
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Daffy</font>
NICE pics of Chloe in a pail!
You are a model citizen! Its good to help conserve singapore's precious water resources by taking a bath from a pail!
that lady's blog, been following for a few months. I like her writing style and of course the 'sketchy' designs. very very nice.

<font color="ff0000">KC</font>
wah.. BK Shopping. bet you will come back with tonnes of luggages (dont know why images of cody n her US luggage flashed across my mind). its really a nice place to shop. enjoy!

<font color="ff0000">Seagal</font>
shermyn so ecstatic! model student.
she has a nice collection of hats n caps!

<font color="ff0000">medusa</font>
Your boy is not even a month old and you are already going 'ponyriding' with him and your gal? Wow! I tried going to a nearby mall during my confinement for just an hour, and i came home ashen-faced.... where do you find the energy? you are amazing.

<font color="ff0000">elmobbger</font>,
Ger reaction to the jab is so funny...
Its not Ger who is short, its her shopaholic mum who buys pretty clothes that gives lots of mileage. Ger was so chubby. her thick jet black hair is my envy.
your maiden effort at spree? hehe... will support of course, in a tiny teeny way. cos i have gymbucks with others to 'clear' too.
(broke liao, no thanks to you!!)

<font color="ff0000">jen, medusa</font>
virus thriving in this terrible weather. take care.

<font color="ff0000">cody</font>
agree. this thread moving very fast nowadays.
happy.gif

Finally, one of my 2005 impulsive irrational unnecessary purchases has been justified!
happy.gif

It looks more like a dowdy potato sack on her than an elegant dress though.

461768.jpg
461769.jpg

461770.jpg
461771.jpg

461772.jpg
461773.jpg

461774.jpg
461775.jpg

461776.jpg
461777.jpg

461778.jpg
461779.jpg

Duffy....she's soooo cute....in her own version of ...eh...whirlpool!!

KC...Platinum wholesale centre, opp Amari Watergate...can find good buys..but must do a lot of walking...Must try out the shark's fin &amp; bird nest @Nam Sing-go for their main branch @Chinatown....

Medusa....anyhow welcome...welcome...

Lac...watz Rae leaning on? The last row, left pix...

LL,
me lor...
last row, right pic: i look as big as the table.
last row, left pic: i look like one of the pillars or those humongous vases (but shapeless version)

elmobbger,
thx for info on jshoppers, unfortunately most of the items I wanted are OOS, darn.

lach,
my HB handled Athena, I only slung Irvin and latch him frequently, heh. Yah, tiring to go out but can't deprive my girl, must bring her gai-gai as a family.

That dress is gorgeous on Rae! I love the skirt detailing and colour.

tbl,
yup c-section, started massage after 2 wks. 10 sessions, no wtloss from it but tummy smaller from binding. Am halfway through the sessions cos was down with fever- masseuse told me to resume after recovered.

Sigh, my boy is colicky- cried 3hrs in discomfort yest, now starting up again. Gave gripewater and carried in all the different calming positions suggested
sad.gif
. Tomolo will bring to c PD, whether it's just wind or something else
sad.gif

hey Yuru, both the same should be lar... but under kids most of the items start fm 100 if I am not wrong..

hey Lach, i loves those pics of rae... esp row 3, the one on the right...
happy.gif

hey Medusa, a good news in fact sometimes leh.. then u wont spend so much.. hehehe...

eve au,
no prob! i also forgot to give shermyn when she had her 18 mths jab. luckily no fever.

elmobbger,
ur gal doesn't look short wat. must be mummy's expectation very high... hehe.

u very you xin si, took the pics exactly 12 mths apart.

my suaku shermyn hasn't been to the zoo yet...

btw, we are going for a short getaway (2D1N) over the weekend to desaru. this will be shermyn's first overseas trip!

very excited now but also getting headache over all the barang barang to bring.

lach,
nice! i love the close up pic of Rae with her cherry mouth - Row 5, 1st pic.

All the toddlers are so pretty!!!

Seagal, Jean also has this "Mummy, carry..." cries... luckily for me, when she sees my parents during weekends, she wun want me leow... hehehe...

Re: Sick
I've never been so freaking sick in my life! My fever was 38 when I saw the doctor on Mon morn... even after taking 4 doses of panadols (2tabs) the first day, my fever rose to 38.4 on Tue morn! Giddy, faint... hb was so worried if I stayed at home by myself, die also no one know... so he made me go to ILs place with Jean... luckily, it subsided by Tue night... otherwise, doctor say could be dengue... :p

seagal, congrats! u have "unknowingly" stepped into my jshopper jurong west thread!! kekeke... i simply loves to see those I know joining sprees... kekeke..

auntie seagal, i think u need to put on this pair of glasses liao... stepped into west when u actually stay so far away.. kekeke..
happy.gif

462391.jpg

Lach,

Oooh....love the pics of potato
happy.gif

She looks so lovely in her dress and matching shoes
happy.gif

Especially the right pic (3rd row). She looks so si wen.

Where did u get that dress from? My bro's wedding end of this year so must look around for clothes for shannon ...

seagal, KC, cody.
ENJOY your trip. travel safe.

poor Jen,
better now?

elmobbger and yuru,
thanks for the pics.
SO CUTEEEE. where did you guys buy the glasses?

elmo,
that was a rare shot of her acting coy.
the dress from gymboree. it was BLACK ('rare' for toddlers wear)! so i simply had to get it... heck care about finding the ocassion to wear. buy first, justify later.:p
Had to convince hb to let her wear black cos he feels lil tods look more precious in white.
too bad she has no hair to match the dress. :p
your bro wedding? shannon will be the angelic flower girl!!

Kids say the strangest things:

Potato and I were keeping her animal figurines after play.
We were talking about them one by one as we returned them to their 'cages' when I realised that Monkey was missing.

Me: Oh dear..wheres monkey?
Rae: *stare n grin*
Me: Monkey is missing! He needs to go home now, does rae know where monkey is?"
Rae: Monkey go toilet.........

Duh.

yuru,
aiyo, fever persisted for so long?
is it like what our kiddos have.. 5day viral fever? but u are ok now!
happy.gif

elmobbger,
is tat blood on ger's thumb?

medusa,
hows the little one now?

yuru,
i had to wear black for most obvious reason
sad.gif

cindy looks so studious in specs.:p
baoshen is those slice ones rite?
wats the diff between that and the 'shredded' ones? heard ones heaty , ones cooling?
sand pool?? sounds FUN FUN FUN

medusa,
how is yr boy now? may be u can feed him dentinox or infacol, i think it helps to reduce colic. I gave to nathan when he cries non-stop. tomorrow is last day of CL, got to handle nathan by myself alr.. arrgh......

lach,
wow... nice dress!! and potato looks realli cute in that dress.
happy.gif

elomobbger,
received the dress!!! beautiful dress!!! thks! a bit too long for natalie now, may be i will keep it till CNY.
happy.gif

lach
Rae is sooo sweet:p
&amp; so smart *impressed*

Yuru &amp; Jen
OMG high fever.
Hope both of u recover soon.

hey yuru, the kids have got the same doc set!!

hey lach, rae is marvellous... ! go toilet pee pee..
happy.gif
eh.. not blood blood.. is colour pen.. legs got some more.. but i edit the pic liao cos this lazy mummy didnt let her wear shorts.. only pamper.. not so nice to let all the gor gor and di di to see..
happy.gif

hey TBL, thanks for taking over leh..
happy.gif

elomobbger,
yr gymboree spree close alr huh?? can i join now? pai seh lah, i a bit slow... or if u have 2nd round then let me know again.

yuru, jen,
get well soon.
happy.gif

Hi All,

This is amazing. Have fun!

<font color="ff0000">Let's play with some words.</font>
What do you see?

463076.jpg

<font color="ff0000">In black you can read the word GOOD, in white the word EVIL (inside each black letter is a white letter). It's all very physiological too, because it visualize the concept that good can't exist without evil (or the absence of good is evil).</font>

What do you see here?
463077.gif

<font color="ff0000">You may not see it at first, but the white spaces read the word optical, the blue landscape reads the word illusion. Look again! Can you see why this painting is called an optical illusion?</font>

What do you see here?
463078.jpg

<font color="ff0000">This one is quite tricky!</font>
The word TEACH reflects as LEARN.

TBL, me not yet order lar.. send me yr orders, see if i can squeeze in.. i have got slots left.. but i not sure how much allowance should i give to the exchange rate cos i worried to hit sgd 400... any mummies can adv? hit sgd 400 got tax.. u give me yr orders, i see how much..
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

What type of veges do u feed your darlings? I have been giving Shannon mostly spinach and broccoli but read that spinach contains high levels of nitrates.
Is it true? Any mummies heard of this?

BTW, does anyone know if the gymboree at tanglin mall has closed down? I went past for 2 sats and the place was closed. No sign or letter explaining why.

Elmo
we give all kinds of veg.
brocolli, cauli, cabbage, lettuce, seaweed, kailan and anything we can find in ntuc

lach
hahahaaa, potato really clever
envious she can form sentences already!

I remember alot babies can already form up a few words into a sentence! I remember Yuru's Cindy says "mami, pap, ai ai"!

Chloe, far from it, she hardly even says the words she understand. lazy mummy get lazy baby I think haha....

Elmo
I feed any veg, but Chloe doesn't eat any of them unless merged into the porridge and force into her mouth... haiz...

Chloe keeps crying every night, she will still cry with eyes closed a few times. And this 2 mornings 5am she will cry very loud and couldn't go back to sleep, but can see she's trying to sleep lor. Don't know why leh...
My cousin with 2 children was asking me to try to let her take "bo4 Ying4 den1" from Yu ren sheng

elmo,
i PM u alr.
vege - i only give brocolli (pai seh, lazy mummy here). but bb sitter says she give all kinds of vege.
happy.gif

daffy,
aiyo, my natalie oso very slow lei. not even 'mama' hor! so far wat i can understand only very simple words:
- papa
- dad
- dadddd....dy
- kor kor
- didi
- jek jek (means jie jie)
- A
- G (she means "C")
- kor (she means cow)
- ball
and 2 days ago she took an apple and said "ap ple" i couldnt believe and kept asking her to repeat few times until she pek chek and ignore me... kekeke...

lach, tbl,
thx for concern, just brot Irv for 1mth jab- and asked PD to check him for any possible problems that may cause discomfort. All clear.
happy.gif
PD prescribed Ridwind for colic, hope it alleviates!
happy.gif

tbl,
if i can't decipher wat my Athena says, I smile brightly and say, "ohhh! YES! CLEVER GIRL!".
blush.gif

Hi TBL,

Did u PM me...Elmo or Elmoblogger?
Cuz I did not get any PM leh.

Daffy/Mngo

I am using the ice cube method to feed Shannon with vege. Buy quite a fair bit, steam them then blend. Make into ice cubes and keep in zip lock. Put 1 to 2 cubes into her porridge each time.

A bit lazy so I normally make baby spinach and broccoli cubes only. Recently read about nitrates are especially high in spinach so a bit worried lor.

Guess I have to introduce more variety to her...hehehe

evelyn,
Nice.. optical illusions never fail to amaze me.
just like i never tire of Escher's mysterious stairs.

Elmo,
I am no better. I find it kills less brain cells to simply buy the usual veg for her. .P
namely: broccoli, spinach, kailan, sweet/snow peas, sweet potato (is it a veg?), pumpkin (veg?), carrots, onions...

nitrates in spinach. read that before. was 'advise' not to give spinach too often. but i still give @1-2 meals a week. but i guess everything in moderation? likewise for carrots, will cause yellow skin if consume in excessive amount..but that will be truckloads..

tbl, medusa.
likewise, my reaction to potato's gibberish will be
1) nod my head in fake/serious comprehension and keen interest...
2) 'oh i see.' 'oh really?' 'wow...'
3) 'and then what happened...'
4) yeahhhhhh

and i have no inkling whats she saying.....

elmo,
from wat i recall, freeze-batching spinach is not advisable as it increases concentration of nitrates. i used to freeze-batch Athena's solids *except* for green vegetables... which i add to her meals with organic babyfood jars.

elmo,
oopd...sorry! i PM to elmobbger, not elmo. err... actually hor, i tot both of u same person lei... sorry, i blur lah
crazy.gif

medusa,
good to hear "all clear"! at least more "fan xin" now.
happy.gif

yu,
my homebase job now is full time sahm lei. :p
btw how are u coping with elicia + xanthia?

TBL
Ok lo, Elicia still not very well. Kind of scare will pass the sick to Xanthia.
Xanthia is a huge eater! She really drinker alots. She now already can wear Elicia full moths clothes. She also can will shorts liao! Her short can easily buy from outside, not like Elicia last time cannot wear coz no size!

hi TBL and Evelyn, my company provide hospitalisation benefit for staff, spouse and children. Somemore can work from home 3days. That's why still with them despite no increment for past 5yrs,
Xiang today got diarrhea, hope it is just a temp one. Need to monitor tonite and will bring him to see doctor tomorrow morning
sad.gif

hi TBL, ya u blur man, i read yr email so funny, u say shannon cant wear leh.. kekeke.... shannon doesnt call me mummy hor..
happy.gif

elmobbger,
pai seh pai seh... aiya very stressful taking care of 1 toddler + 1 new born mah, so a bit sotong here... kekeke... :p

Yap,
how is xiang? hope he is better now.

Yu,
nathan drinks a lot too. He is taking 150ml every 2.5 ~ 3hr. haiz... dunno why now he always poo during feeding lei!! worry dont know anything is wrong with him or not. yesterday feed him 8x and he poo 6x while drinking. dont look like diarrhea lei. haiz... this boy really make mummy very worry.

TBL
U total BF him? Xanthia drink 120ml every 2.5-3hr also. Sometime she will drink up to 7oz!!! Due to she is a big drinker, my BM is not enough for her. I have to give her FM also abt 2 times each day. Xanthia also like to poos while drinking, last time Elicia also like this. Dun worry, is normal. Xanthia also like to poo when she stretch too hard ( like all red )

TBL
Have ur bb learn day and night? Xanthia haven't learn so kind of hard to look after. Last time I'm so lucky that Elicia know it within few days only...

hi tbl, thanks for asking.
Xiang is better except that he got case of diarrhea on alt days
sad.gif

Tomorrow will go back to GE for review, need to take x-ray again to see if lung is clear.
BTW, did i reply to u on the cost of GE bill ? It is 4.5k for 5days, medisave deduction 2K.

bring nathan for 1st mth vaccination tis morning. he wt 5.8kg now. and PD says his lungs are all clear!
happy.gif
happy.gif

yu,
not BF now. my BM dropped while i stay in hospital with nathan. when i came back home the supply didnt pick up too, so 'officially' cut off BF 2 days ago.
nathan cant sleep thru the nite yet, will wake up for milk. but so far ok lah, he will sleep after his feed.

yap,
yes, u did reply me on the GE bill. almost same amt as in RH. Dont worry, xiang will fully recover in no time!

yuru,
natalie envy envy cindy lah! can go pony riding. some how i think i really deprive natalie! esp when nathan was sick last 2 wks, natalie got to stay at home too.
sad.gif

i know i asked b4, but got to ask again lei. anyone has any recommendation on interesting toys for our little toddlers??

Back