(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

wooof

Hi, looking for mummies who have babies of the same age to chat with !!

My Baby girl will be 2months old this end Jan.

Hello duffy! Good to find a mummy who deliverd ard the same time as me !

My baby gal Shermyn will be one week short of 2 months old come end Jan. She arrived on 6 dec.

are u takg 3 mths ML ?

Hi Ladies,

My boy was born on 30 Nov. Would love to join in the chat. R you all bf?

Hi Duffy, could yours happen to be born on the same date?

Hi Ladies
So glad to see this thread...and get to know all the mummies..
my baby boy arrived on 3 Dec....
I am not bf and fed him on formulae due to my low supply....

Hi chiart

Dun hv to feel bad about not bf,its a real tough job. For my case, I'm pushing myself real hard cause my hb's family have history of eczema & asthma, so I'm hoping that by giving him bf will prevent him from getting it.

HELLOOO!!!

glad to find u all, haha.
My daughter was born on 29Nov!

I'm pumping out everyday to fit her, not latching anymore. My supply of course not much also, so have to mix lor...

seagal
I'm not working currently, have been a freelance designer previously too.

But I intend to look for a job after Newyear, cause I'm actually getting bored at home hahaha...

How abt u?

Maple_Leaf
My daughter have been scratching her face very often recently, sometimes before she goes to sleep she would keep scratching her face, although she got mittens on, but her face will still become red.....
We can't see any obvious red spots, indeed only when we touch her cheeks than we can feel the uneven spots.... are tht eczema?

Halo Duffy,

So our bb is juz 1 day diff.!!

BTW,it sounded to me like symptoms of eczema, is there a red patch? I think better bring to PD to chk cause if she keep scratching then not so good.

The below website do provide some info :
http://skincare.articleinsider.com/26926_infant_eczema.html

Do any of ur family have any history of that?I've read somewhere thou, it could happen even if the family dun have it, it could be due to milk residue, etc. Hope that i've not remember wrongly.

Maple
Thks, I'm not sure if my family have got it, most likely have lor. Think will find one day to go to PD.

By the way, which PD do u all go to? Mine is at Gleanegle Hosp, but I think quite ex to see small illness leh....

Currently,I'm seeing Dr Kit Chan @ Singapore Baby & Child. They've got several clinics. Going to the 1 @ Mt Alvernia cause nearest to home and dun have to wait too long.Recommended to her by a gf, so far so gd. I've not compare her price but I think cheaper than my previous PD (attend to my boy at birth) whom I dun relate too well with,recommended by my gynae.

Duffy,
There's another thread which talks about 'Rashes on Baby's Cheek'.Perhaps you'll like to chk it out.

Hi All,
Do you all still let your baby wear bootee or wrap them up with the cloth diaper?

Also, who will look after your bb after you rtn to work?

MIne is still wearing bootees and mittens. wondering when to stop letting wear too.....

Currently my MIL is coming over everyday to do housework for me, she will be taking care of BB when i go back to work....
But she give me a feeling she don really wan to leh, furthermore, as much as I wanna pass all the technique and schedule to her, she doesn't seems to remember anything.... I'm still not very confident she can take care anot leh...

How abt u?

Wow! ur MIL very nice leh, come & do hsework for you everyday. My mil is the modern-type, shes a very nice lady but she wont be able to look after my bb, furthermore, she has got pretty bad back problem.

Currently looking after myself lor, thou got a maid to help out the hsehold chores but passing bb to her is a definite no,no.Not that shes that bad but their standard of hygiene is very different from us and she can be very forgetful. Furthermore, I intend to bf for @ least 6 mths, so will be a SAHM for these 6 mths. But will still be having headache as to who to leave my boy to when I go back to the wkforce by then ? sigh ?Am considering the option of infant care center or bbsitter.

ya, she is a very nice lady, maybe sometimes tooo nice already... hmmm...
Anyway, I'm keeping infantcare and bbsitter in option too, just in case my MIL can't make it ....

Ladies, wht are yr BB's feeding schedules now huh? Just wondering if my girl is feeding "normal" timing haha

Hi Ladies
my baby boy also has red patches on his face so brought him to see a PD last week...
the PD gave a cream to apply and told me that it is very normal for babies to develop red patches as their skin is very thin and is very sensitive to environment etc...my baby boy also develop fungus infection on his face, but after applying the cream on this face, in few days time it is gone..
the PD also advise to apply moisturiser cream to keep the baby skin smooth....

My baby boy currently feeds on about 3 hours interval...

hopefully we can share more info on our babies again

Sometimes my boy can go on 4 hrs interval. I know that in the nite, its normal to go on interval of 5 hrs or more but not so sure whether is it alrite in the day. In a dilema sumtimes as to whether to wake him up for feed on 3 hrs interval or just feed him on dd???

hmmm, I'm trying to apply baby oil on her cheeks, seems to be ok for now....

My girl now feed at a interval of 4 hours liao... indeed recently she never cry for milk at all, so I make it 4 hrs.
At night after 12pm, she will sleep for 5-6hrs than feed. Like that her feeds only make up to abt 7 feeds per 24hrs leh.
May I ask, wht's the amount yr BB is feeding huh? Mine is still at 120ml(4oz)... is it too little? too much?

happy.gif

Maple
I actually feed her more on demand, but I try not to exceed 4-5hrs. I believe if she's hungry she will cry for it within that 3hrs lor.

May I ask all yr BB's weight huh? Mine like not growing leh :p

My MIL keep saying she not growing than keep asking me why haven't increase milk amount... but my girl sometimes cannot even finish the 120ml, furthermore she seems content with tht amount leh...

Duffy, gd to know that ur gal's condition is getting better!

My boy sumtimes feeds btw 3~4 hrs. Sumtimes 2.5 hrs also got. How much he drinks I not very sure leh cause I latch him to the breast all the time for the past 1 week or so. He drinks about 10 ~15 mins from each breast. Before that, mostly in the day he drinks about 80 ~ 90 ml and just b4 he sleeps @ nite, he can drink 120 ~ 150 ml!! Ive not been feeding him EBM cause quite troublesome and as my nipple seems to be cracked the last few days, I stop pumping.So dunno what is his appetite now. Hmmm .... Perhaps need to feed him some EBM again to c what is his dd now.

Last weigh him @ PD early this mth was 4.2kg(his birth wt. was 2.815).Dunno wats the wt now but can feel he's getting heavier and longer too.Wld love to have a bb weighing scale @ hm & c wats his wt daily hor ... LOL ....

Ya, old folks always like that one lah, they very scared that their grandchildren dun hv enuf. But I think so long as she's contended and she got about 6~8 wet diapers daily and she poos, then she shd be getting enuf lah. Ask ur MIL not to worry cause overfeeding is no gd for the bb also, will get colicky one leh.

Wat time do you all bath ur bb? Do you all fix a timing to bath ur bb? My mum & sis tell me its better to bath them in the morn but my bb loves to sleep in the morn leh, will oni wake up for his feed, then he'll fall asleep liao. So now I usually bath him ard 2~3 o'clock in the aft.

I guess it's inside all mothers that thet cannot tahan when questioned abt their baby hahaha

I try to bath in the morning too, but same like u, she will sometimes sleep untill noon than can bath her. Like my mum say if she sleepy u bath her will frighten her one lor.....

My girl nowadays, will wake up in between 10-12pm, so I fast fast distract her with toys make her more awake than bath her.....

oh ya lor i got that same feeling too ... hehehe ....

how long after she wakes up then you bath her?my sis say must wait for around 1/2 to an hr leh, so i always cannot make it one lor.

also, do you all start to train them to poo liao or just let them poo at their own timing.some auntie say must train them to poo every morn, so early can do toilet training liao meh??

do you all carry your bb every time when they're awake? is it advisable to do that ah? my boy needs a lot of attn want leh, if he's awake in the day, he must c that there's pple around him, if not he can only keep quiet for a short while, wondering whether is this normal.

Maple
I didn't wait too long lor, maybe abt 5mins or so only. Baby seems ok with it...

I've read frm somewhere tht no point training baby to poo so young, cause they are not capable to control their poo and pee at all!
Anyway, maybe yr auntie got some passed down technique that can train hor, who knows...
happy.gif

I would leave it to my bb for this issue

Frankly, my girl now always wake up in the afternoon and hardly sleep till 9pm leh.... She would only manage to play by herself not too long... than after tht would cry for attention.

In the end we have to hold her quite often ... I guess we have the same situation. Not easy hor, got to hold her whole day.... I wonder should we start training her on this anot...

This thread like not very happening hoor, the "Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be" more happening, but their babies very big liao
happy.gif

I c, so I guess there's no pt in training now lah,I find that quite a challenge also.

oh so your girl is like that also, i guess nowadays the kids are smarter, not like us last time just sit there 'gong,gong' type ... kekekek....

ur girl sleeps around 9 p.m. ah, thats v.gd leh. my boy ah is always wide awake from abt 10 ~ 12 or 1 a.m., then after that he'll sleep until abt 5~6 a.m.

My hb bought a mobile musical 2 days ago and he seems quite fascinated by it, can lay on the cot by himself for quite a while. Hopefully this last, or else ah, always carry really quite 'siong' ah.

Ya lor, this thread like not very happening hor, we are the 2 most active ones, hope that more pple can join us, so we can share more.
happy.gif

MAple,
Where do u put yr baby in the morning and afternoon when he's awake huh? Your baby whole day in he's cot one huh?

In the morning I put my baby in a rocker, those old type which the cloths are with holes one, so tht her back got ventilation.... but then I'm not so sure if it's good for her posture or bones to lay in a rocker whole day....

I place him in a rocker (a gift from frens) also but its the modern type with cushion one. I'm considering getting the one which you have cause I find the current one kinda hot lah. I think no problem lah since I've seen so many pple using them. If there is, I guess they would hv sounded it out liao.

But he can't stay too long in the rocker leh, after a while, he'll want to be carried or he'll need pple to keep playing or talking to him while he's in the rocker. Maybe its because its too hot or he's just such an attn seeker. So i guess when I get the new rocker, then c how lor. For the time being, place him in the cot with the musical mobile.

Duffy,
Do your bb startle a lot? for e.g., when sleeping, will startle when hear some noise?

Maple
Yes, yes she does startle alot, which makes her wake up very often when we wants to put her on bed for the night.....

Abot 10plus, I would wipe her face than change her to night cloths, than try to switch off all the lights in the room, and calm her down for the night...... most of the time she would be dozing off already, and I notice she would startle a few times than she would cry aloud liao.......

So every night we have to go tru that phrase before she finally soo tire that she fall asleep deeper at abt 12-1am.........

So she startle with and without noise lor.... I wonder when she will grow out this phrase....

Duffy,

So almost same, same lah, I guess in this case does it mean that all bb startle a lot? Oh ... so yours also sleeps around 12 ~ 1 a.m., I guess that is their best timing for the time being hor. My boy use to sleep at around 2~3 a.m., so I think I shldn't complain so much liao. Ya, I'm hoping that he'll get out of that phase soon too. @ least you still got your m-i-l to help you look after the bb,I'm almost the 24-hrs mummy .... heeheehee ....

Just to share, I've taken out his mitten & bootee for a few days liao, initially he scratched his nose wif a wound but now better liao. Hopefully, he won't scratch himself again.

Maple,
Actually sometimes I think it might be good to take care of baby yrself too. You know now I got MIL to help, basically u cannot take care of the baby the way u want liao, MIL have their own opinions, so sometimes very sianz cause got to listen to her, cannot train my baby the way I want.....

Eg. I want my baby to get use to noise, especially now she sometimes VERY easily annoyed by ppl talking.... so I hope to switch on radio or tv whenever in the morning...., but she always switch it off, say waste electricity....

small things like tht also I cannot do , quite sianz lor

anyway, haha, complaining alot liao

Hi gals, can I just this thread?

My bb boy is born on 26th Nov. I am taking care of him myself as i am nt working currently. Will probably look for a job after I regain back my figure... hee...

He weighs 6.7kg which is pretty huge for his age. The doctor and nurses were all v surprised when they learned that he's only 2 mths old. Probably bcos of his huge appetite. He drinks 180ml, interval 4 hrs..

He's getting used to sleeping at night. Sometimes he can fall asleep at 10pm and only wake up at 5 plus in the morning. So it's not so taxing on me and my hubby..

Helloe!
Haha, finally got more ppl joining! welcome!

Wah, yr baby really heavy hor, but good mah, must be chubby and cute now, got photos?

He so good to daddy mummy, haha, never bully uall like my daughter does.....

I am totally put of shape u know, haha, head very small, than the body very big
happy.gif

I might be returning to work end Feb, will stop breastfeeding too till then, hopefull can go on diet and exercise more..... really cannot tahan to see myself in the mirror.. heee

Welcome Thanks!

Hi duffy, maple leaf and chiart,
sorry for mia-ing cos i was on the other thread for year end (sep-dec moms) and forgot about this thread! Short memory due to lack of proper sleep. =d

So we have 3 bois and 2 gals here so far rite ?

What are your babies' names ? Any photos to share ?

Here's a pic of Shermyn at about 2 weeks old. No time to upload her latest pics yet...
246466.jpg

Shermyn's feeding schedule is still quite erratic. It can range from 1.5hr to 3 hours during the day. She sleeps better at night - up to 6 hours at times. Will wake up for feeds if she exceeds 6 hours.

I have been trying to incr my bm ss hence pumping/feeding more regularly at about 3 hourly intervals. Sometimes quite difficult to wake up at night so can stretch up to 4 to 5 hours interval. There seem to be some improvements but I still need to incr more so that I can start storing them for use when i go back to work in 4 weeks time. sob sob, i am not looking forward to it!

<font color="aa00aa">duffy</font>,
I really envy you. Dun have to work.

Shermyn is quite small-sized. She weighs about 4.3kg now at 8 weeks+. I just bought a digital weighing scale to monitor her weight gain as I was worried that she is not drinking enough.

<font color="ff0000">thanks</font>,
your boi is really big! He must be real chubby!

Here's Baby Xavier's photo.

246474.jpg

Yah, he's already big at birth, 3.8kg. I had to opt for caeserean (spelling?) in the end althought I tried for 6 hours...

I hate exercising... My waist is now 33 inches whn it used to be only 24 inches. Oh gosh... I dun believe in dieting either as all along my appetite is very small.

Has anyone of you tried postnatal massage?? I heard it's supposed to help you regain figure. Is it too late to do it now?

Hi all, can I join this thread? My baby is slightly younger than all of yours - born on Christmas eve, so he's now six weeks old.

Maple,
My boi also has eczema on his face. His condition is probably hereditary, as my hubby has asthma and I have eczema. Sigh. PD gave us cream to apply (hydrocortisone) and recommended a shower wash that is suitable. Did your PD recommend that he drink hypoallergic formula milk when he's weaned off breastmilk? Like you, I'm trying to give him bm for as long as possible. Me not latching on, but pumping every four hours in the day and only once at night. Hope can sustain supply. Now pumping about 250ml every four hours, which can last about 2.5 feeds. He drinks betw 60 - 100 ml every feed.

Took my boi to the PD today, bec. we noticed that the BCG injection area is red, and there seems to be pus forming. PD gave him antibiotics for a week. Aiyoh, very xin1 tong4 that my boi has to start antibiotics at a young age.
sad.gif
Any one experienced same thing as me?

seagal! u are back!
haha good ah, got more ppl liao

Me going back to work soon anyway, but I admire yr persistant to feed BM, me going to give up when go back to work soon.

My girl now don really cry for milk so I wouldn't know when she's hungry, moreover sometimes she would cry for attention only.
No choice I have to stick to a schedule of 3 hrs interval, cause hard to detect mah.....

Am thinking should I increase the milk frm 120 to maybe 150 than 4 hrs interval....
Do u all know when will a general bb's feeding schedule change huh?

Here's my baby girl at 4th week...
246477.jpg

Hi seagal,

Shermyn has beautiful eyes!!! And are those double eyelids I see? So nice... My boy still doesnt have double eyelids even though both my hubby and I have. Some people say it might come out later so I'll just wait and see.

Yup, they say expressing regularly will increase the supply. And eating fish steamed with green papayas also help. You might want to try that.

Sorry, read the messages wrongly, and realised Maple's baby doesn't have eczema. Pai seh. Btw, here is a pic of my boi Joseph. He was 5kg during week 5. <center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
Joseph
jo.bmp (33.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

cute ahhh, haha envy all the babies with so much hair, so good. My girl is so botak, wear dress also look very funny.

Thanks
The post-natal massage was done mostly on the 2nd week after labour.... I remember my massage lady said anything later than 4th week, she would try not to take the job, cause she cannot garentee results anymore ...

Hi LH,

My boy's BCG area was also red and there seemed to be pus too. But we thought it was normal and didnt do anything about it. Now it's okay. Anyway, the nurse told us the mark will be red and will remain visible, so there shdnt be any cause for alarm?

Duffy,

You girl is so guai, wont cry for milk... My boy cries the whole house down when he is hungry. So scary, cant even wait awhile. Guess he takes after my temper... :p

Actually my boy's feeding schedule had changed from 180ml, 2 hrs interval to 180ml, 4 hrs interval. Thats was about 2 to 3 weeks ago. But I am nt sure whtr that applies to all babies.

>> duffymummie : babay chloe :: 2 months 3 days<<

Thanks
ahyoh, she make me so blur if I should feed her anot leh, cause else I don know if she hungry or just wants attention.....

Hi Thanks, I'm now wondering if my PD gave the antibiotics unnecessarily. I was speaking to the lactation consultant at KK when I checked with her regarding my boi's poo, she said it's normal and was surprised my PD prescribed antibiotics. Sigh.

Like a few of you, my baby also startles super easily at any single noise. Very seldom will he sleep for long during the day.

Maple, my boi also the same. Demands attention every waking moment. Nowadays, have to carry him bec. if not, he will just cry and cry. But I'm not sure if it's bec. he's uncomfortable due to the BCG wound or bec. of the eczema on his face. Don't know if I look around for a rocker.

Any one using pacifier on your child already? Don't know if I should use it as a last resort when he's crying hard to be carried.

LH
My girls face still have slight ezema I think, she also keep scatching, but I guess I still can wait first b4 going to see a PD....
Maybe u should get a 2nd opinion abt the antibiotics thinghy? See another PD?

My girl doesn't wan a pacifier while I try to give to her a few occasion when she cries... hmm.... in some ways also good lor

LH, perhaps you would like to seek 2nd opinion?

I am using pacifier on Xavier. He doesnt really like it but sometimes I really need it to shut him up..
lame.gif
Usually he will spit it out when he doesnt want. He is now learning to suck his thumb (in fact it's the fist) so that keeps him quiet for awhile. But last time when he had v bad nappy rash and colic, he will cry v often. So I duno whtr it's bcos ur boy is uncomfortable or just seeking attention.

He is starting to learn how to play by himself now. Unlike last time he will start crying when he realised that no one is around him.

He doesnt startle that easily. Probably bcos we never lower our volume even though he's asleep. So I guess he sort of accustom to the noises around him.

Does anyone know whether I can bring my boy to a normal GP instead of a PD?

aiyoh, dunno wat happened! I was drafting my post twice and it disappeared halfway!

Welcome <font color="ff0000">LH</font>!
Joseph has pretty eyes!
Really envy that you have so much milk.

<font color="aa00aa">thanks</font>,
Xavier looks like a big gor gor, so cute!
I heard that double eyelids can take time to appear so there's still chance of Xavier getting them. =)

I had c-section too. Tried the massage 4 weeks after but I am still not back to pre-preg waistline yet. Think it is because I put on too much on the waist so now very cham.

<font color="119911">duffy</font>,
your gal so lovely! I love her rosy cheeks!

What's Chloe's wt now ?

i read from another thread tt babies should be taking 150ml/kg of weight. However, this formula seems too little for Shermyn, she's taking about 120ml now.

Here's ano pix of Shermyn
246518.jpg

<font color="ff0000">LH</font>,

I am experiencing the same prob as u. Shermyn is developing a habit of wanting to be carried till she sleeps. Otherwise she will wail when we put her down. My hubby and I were quite against the idea of getting a pacifier but we are wavering now cos she can cry and cry and cry ....

A fren told me babies may develop colic if they cry too long. is this true?

Xavier had colic a few weeks ago too. It was horrible. He was hungry yet bcos there was too much wind in his tummy, he felt uncomfortable drinking milk. Yet if he doesnt drink, he gt hungrier and cried even more....

Yes, the doctor told us crying will cause him to have more wind in his tummy. Perhaps you can try the gripe water (Fei Zai Shui). I had checked with the doctor and he said it's safe for the bb to consume.

Thanks
How do u know it's colic huh?
My girl might be having the same problem leh, cause she would cry and cry, while drinking milk too, at first I thought she wans our attention, now maybe it's colic hor......

It's difficult getting her to drink, but once she manage to finish she'll be ok....
Than we've tried using Nuk teats instead of the usual Avent teats, she'll be cheated into drinking, halfway change to Avent also nevermind liao..... <puzzled>

Is it the symtoms of colic? How to know hhuh?

Okay, will stand by the gripe water to treat colic.

Shermyn's case is more attention-wanting crying than colic cos she is ok with her feeds.
Whenever I try to put her down after feeding, she will be stirred and wants to be carried. Imagine that I have to carry her since morning when she wakes up till about 5pm!

The other thing is she doesn't have this problem if we give her FM. She can doze off in 5 mins after finishing the FM! Funny right ? This led me thinking that maybe she is not taking in enough through my bm...

Actually, i didnt know it was colic. I thought he was just throwing tantrums. Bt I happened to tell my gynae whn I went for my follow up consultation. He suspected it might b colic so referred me to the GP next door.

True enough, the GP listened to his tummy and said there was alot of wind.

From what you said, it seems rather like colic to me.... Doc said it's quite common for bb to get colic once every few mths.

Whats the difference between Nuk teats and Avent teats?

Seagal
She's 4kg at her 4th week, 2.8kg too when discharge. Doc never say anything abt it so I guess it's normal...

Is there a chart somewhere to see wht's the general weight increase? Hey, where did u buy yr weighing scale huh? Ex anot?

Ahyoh, got to carry so long ah, did u buy enough toys to amuse her? I've got a few toys from friends tht's really colourful and with sounds, sometimes she will stay in rocker to look at the toys, at least for awhile lah...

Thanks
The shape of the teats are different, the Nuk teats are flat and the hole are at the side....

How did u feed yr child with gripe water huh? A full teaspoon or do u mix with water to let them drink...?

Back