(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

lil prince, sharon,
hee.. I will try to make it.. er, wat time you girls meeting? Sharon, I'll pm you my contacts later so we can contact via SMS... hee..

AC,
Glad to hear that BB is sleeping well liao...

Skyblue,
dun say that abt yourself, ya.. I also agree.. watever the mummies do, believe they have reasons lor... BTW does Kiern fuss when you fetch him back?? (since you only got to see him on wkend?? As I mentioned that I got my aunt to help me for the past 3 weeks.. and she's going back home this wkend.. I tried to carry my girl.. she will fuss and cry.. once my aunt carry her... she will stop... aiyo, I so heart broken leh... *weep weep*... think she starts to 'ren4 ren2' liao... Wat you think?

Skyblue,
wow.. Kiern so happy... eehee.. no worries.. I think Kiern will be guai guai.. he so big liao.. My QN will only be 2 months old... still very unpredictable...

Emma,
my Lochia last for 3 wks...

Sharon,
sorry, you got sarong over your side?? I scare if I were to join than really QN is so cranky and cry non stop at least got something can pacify her.. hee.. (jus asking, in case)

TBL,
I think GP would not be as clear about bfg-latch-fever-to-bb-link, compared to an up-to-date PD. See another PD to clear doubts and peace of mind?
My HB's colleagues' wife paused bfg due to fever (I don't know the details) but it was also advised by her doc (don't know whether GP or PD)... by the time she was well, she either lost the inclination to Bf or other reasons. anyway she stopped there.

Skyblue,
don't worry too much abt the Vicks since done already, just stop usage or switch the Vicks Babyrub (I haven't seen this in stores here, only when I searched online for info). Do a google on "Vicks infant use" for more info. To be honest I was in a panic and thought I turned bb into a substance-abuser, so when HB called, I was all panicky, he didn't help by telling me turpentine causes brain damage, ARGHHHHHHHHH! Then in the next breath, he said bbs recover much faster than adults and can always rebuild new brain synapses... that bbs with brain damage more likely to recover than adults with brain damage, duh. My HB can make me puke blood!!!

Your boi looks so cute and HAPPY in his Bumbo, makes me can't wait for my bb's neck and spine to firm up so I can use my Lime Green colour Bumbo hehehe!

Update on my medication enquiries- I called my PD office and the nurse/ recept explained I could reduce usage if I wasn't comfortable with prescribed, but that I should probably continue using til bb's nose gets RUNNY (which is indication that dried-up clog has dissolved). I always thought runny nose was a deteoriation.

I checked with my gf on what her PD said- same prescription, except her PD said it's up to her, as long as bb's feeding unaffected, can let it run it's course naturally. And her bill was ~$60 compared to my $90.

Sharon,
You got mail..
smile.gif

Kelly,
BTW my Athena's weighs 5.2kg, 57cm, at 8wks. Actually, I find school "slimming" programmes ok, it's nothing compared to the ribbing from kid's peers. I did abit of teaching and noticed that kids are not very diplomatic and can be very hurting in their remarks.
sad.gif
I will be watching my kid's weight throughout her growth, I guess. As long as not too near either extremes... but such things depend on a person's "natural" frame too, like some people are comfortably underwt/overwt according to charts, yet perfectly healthy in all aspects. I wonder what kind of frame my bb has... if going by her birthwt of 3.7kg, not very light I think!

I think I'd google search on her wt and length norm.

skyblue,
Kieran really 'bah bah' hor, so cute & he looks so happy.
happy.gif

ya lor, i remember read fm some magazine we can still EBM while sick lei!

Medusa,
errr, i have no fixed PD now, just wrote email to my gynae to check on this, hope he will reply me asap.

Emma,
my lochia is not very heavy, and it seems to stop since yesterday, abt 2wks after delivery. I heard c-section will have less lochia (my case) but dunno hw true. My gynea mentioned some will last till wk6, and may be on & off lor. For my case, gynae did mention if lochia becomes heavier need to call him immediately. May be u can check with yr gynae.

oranges,
i think may be dun need to bring yr own breast pump, coz hospital will provide if u need to use it. may be those delivered in TMC can advise u.
as for the part time maid, 4hrs do so little things meh?? how abt ironing & cleaning of furniture?? just my thoughts lah, coz i have not engage one.

tbl,

your gp might be ignorant abt bf... i bf my elder boy when i had chicken pox. Its ok to give the ebm to bb as ur body is producing antibodies.

you can call the breast feeding association for advise

skyblue
we pm each other our ctc no. then i sms u on Mon, can? dun be scared lah, quinn also turned out to be a good boy when all of us met up tt time .. maybe kieran will be a good boy also with so many di di and mei mei ard ..
happy.gif

hey, tts a nice pic of kieran .. his head is completely stable huh? how i wish rhyan's head can be stable soon ..

andrea
u mean QN is not staying with u on wkdays now?

dun think sharon's place got sarong .. haha .. but she got rocker, maybe can use tt instead? or we rock her like sarong lor ..

Emma...mine lasted almoz 4wks

skyblue...is your boy nanny a stranger or relative?
i have been wanting to buy tis bumbo seat but find it too exp
i saw another chicco seat dat is attached to table, robinson selling 2 models, one is $49 and the other is $79, big diff but the sales say onli material different...duno true or not

andrea..tks
happy.gif

sharon...canot leh, i have to come back early on sun to unpack my stuff wif hubby around, if not hubby monday go work liao
i also not sure whether i can go out wif bb alone...

Anyone read today's Streats article on asthma (more sterile linked to higher asthma, lower immunity)? Quite gd news for me cos I'm not a fastidiously clean person- have 2 dogs here and all, definitely not sterile environment. As for not having a "big" family ie. no older kids to infect bb with bugs frequently, oh well, I intend to bring her to playgrounds (indoor) soon.

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ wk 13-Dec
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD .. . Week.. . Where

stephie ........ 14/12/04 wk 40 . TMC / B
wendypooh ...... 15/12/04 wk 40 . KKH / G
beanie ......... 17/12/04 wk 40 . TMC / G
melody ......... 20/12/04 wk 39 . ??? / ?
oranges ........ 25/12/04 wk 39 . TMC / B
jov ............ 05/01/05 wk 37 . ??? / ?
TSH ............ 05/01/05 wk 37 . MSA / ?

<font color="119911">**** POP ***** POP ***** POP ***** POP ***** POP ***** POP ***** POP ****</font><font color="ff0000">
.. .. .. .. .. . .. EDD . . Where . .. Pop
jer ............ 04/09/04 . MAH / B . 24/08/04 3.170 kg Kiern
radiohead ...... 22/08/04 . ESH / G . 25/08/04 3.570 kg Sarah-Lynn
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 . MAH / B . 31/08/04 ________ ________
skyblue ........ 28/09/04 . MAH / B . 09/09/04 2.530 kg Kieran
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 . TMC / B . 14/09/04 3.620 kg Ryan
mom ............ 20/09/04 . MAH / B . 15/09/04 ________ Tan Hong Wei
vaingirl ....... 20/09/04 . GEH / G . 18/09/04 3.240 kg Keira
berry .......... 22/09/04 . TMC / G . 23/09/04 3.670 kg Faye
littleprince ... 20/09/04 . ESH / B . 24/09/04 3.210 kg Rhyan
little_devil ... 21/09/04 . MAH / B . 24/09/04 3.050 kg Quinn
SLK ............ 08/10/04 . GEH / B . 27/09/04 3.430 kg Lucas
pets ........... 03/10/04 . TMC / G . 28/09/04 3.210 kg Sharyn
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 . MAH / G . 28/09/04 3.500 kg Shaness
blisse ......... 11/10/04 . GEH / G . 28/09/04 3.195 kg Carriane
sun ............ 17/10/04 . GEH / B . 03/10/04 3.200 kg Arnav Neil
are ............ 12/10/04 . MEH / G . 04/10/04 2.600 kg Rachael
casros ......... 20/10/04 . TMC / G . 05/10/04 2.980 kg Lavigne
ziztine ........ 25/10/04 . MAH / G . 06/10/04 3.230 kg Esther
angelia ........ 04/10/04 . TMC / G . 08/10/04 3.630 kg Shanice
micky .......... 23/10/04 . GEH / B . 08/10/04 2.740 kg Ray
kelly .......... 09/11/04 . MAH / B . 10/10/04 2.810 kg Gabriel
andrea ku ...... 28/10/04 . KKH / G . 18/10/04 2.850 kg Qian Ning
bride0712 ...... 28/10/04 . MAH / G . 13/10/04 ________ ________
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 . ESH / G . 18/10/04 3.600 kg Athena
august ......... 21/10/04 . MAH / B . 22/10/04 3.505 kg Nilay
AC ............. 06/11/04 . GEH / B . 25/10/04 3.900 kg Justin
sharon ......... 17/11/04 . MAH / G . 28/10/04 2.720 kg Sharwyn
kelly (mona) ... 09/11/04 . KKH / B . 25/10/04 3.260 kg ________
yuru ........... 13/11/04 . GEH / G . 08/11/04 2.980 kg ________
cosmo .......... 08/11/04 . USA / B . 09/11/04 3.487 kg Isaac
puff ........... 27/11/04 . ESH / G . 11/11/04 2.470 kg Ying Xin
chihiro ........ 20/11/04 . TMC / G . 11/11/04 2.895 kg Calista
deer ........... 29/11/04 . TMC / B . 18/11/04 2.810 kg ________
guess .......... 12/12/04 . MEH / G . 20/11/04 2.865 kg Shannon
seahorse ....... 04/12/04 . MEH / G . 22/11/04 ________ Amanda
kypf ........... 08/12/04 . GEH / B . 23/11/04 2.960 kg Ethan
peg peg ........ 22/11/04 . MAH / G . 23/11/04 3.050 kg Tricia
wooof .......... 03/12/04 . ??? / G . 29/11/04 ________ Chloe
maple_leaf ..... 25/11/04 . MEH / B . 30/11/04 ________ Aaron
chantelle ...... 12/12/04 . KKH / G . 01/12/04 2.945 kg Chloe
rochelle ....... 02/12/04 .. RH / B . 01/12/04 3.680 kg ________
TBL ............ 02/12/04 .. RH / G . 02/12/04 3.250 kg Natalie
emma ........... 09/12/04 . MAH / G . 03/12/04 2.860 kg ________
leo29 .......... 02/12/04 . MEH / G . 09/12/04 ________ ________
fruitcake ...... 10/12/04 . NUH / B . 06/12/04 3.420 kg ________
mngo ........... 12/12/04 . MAH / B . 10/12/04 2.870 kg Declan Isaac
jen ............ 09/12/04 . TMC / G . ________ ________ ________

</font><font color="119911">**** MISSING ***** MISSING ***** MISSING ***** MISSING ***** MISSING ****</font><font color="ff0000">
aurora ......... 08/09/04 . ??? / ??
peipei ......... 20/09/04 . TMC / G
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 . MAH / G
ww ............. 29/09/04 . KKH / ?
heather ........ 10/10/04 . GEH / B
dee ............ 22/10/04 . GEH / ?
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 . ??? / ?
mel7728 ........ 02/11/04 . TMC / B
cxope .......... 12/11/04 . ??? / ?
cirtusfruits ... 16/11/04 . ??? / ?
young jes ...... 18/11/04 . MAH / G
joyful ......... 20/11/04 . MAH / B
kikojoy ........ 20/11/04 . GEH / ?
melbb .......... 26/11/04 . ??? / ?
chihuahua ...... 02/12/04 .. RH / ?
crumpy ......... 07/12/04 . MEH / ?
plong .......... 08/12/04 . KKH / B
</font><font color="119911">*************************************************************************</font>
<font color="ff6000">
* GEH - GlenE, MAH - Mt A; MEH - Mt E; ESH - East Shore; RH - Raffles</font></font></font>
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

MTB-EDD.xls (29.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<font color="0000ff">little prince</font>
I've only got the Childcare book from TMC. Don't think u need the book now though. It's good info for totally clueless mothers in the 1st few months cos' that is the main focus of the book.

<font color="0000ff">oranges</font>
Yar... me too... am not feeling terribly excited. More of being pek chek with the wait.

Assistant didn't bother to pay attention when I was handing over work to her. Now she's bugging me with calls all day long. Wah lau... I even wrote up 2 pages worth of instructions but she's too lazy to refer to them... sigh...

Got good excuse to ignore her calls after I pop. But for now, just got to wait... arggghhhh!

As the cleaners, they will normally sweep and mop floor and clean all other surfaces, including toilets and kitchen. The 1st cleaner didn't wipe windows though. The 2nd one did. It all depends on the cleaner. But u can prioritise which areas u want cleaned 1st.

beanie
oh i see, thks for letting me know ..

gathering at sharon's pl on 20 dec
lil devil has replied to my sms .. she has been busy with quinn for the past few days so no time to log in, plus she is not feeling well also .. says she will try to make it for the gathering and confirm again by Mon ..

Beanie, u have not gone hospital ah? i tot your water bag burst liao.

so nice to be able to join for gathering.....
hopefully next time i can join

kelly and MT, do update on how the class is after you both attend.

skyblue, you bought the bumbo! Nice pic! How old is your boy now? Hehe.. I think I be bringing faye to try one out soon and see if she also likes it.

baby's feed per day is calculated based on 150ml per kg of baby's weight per day. so if baby is 4kg than need to take at less 600ml per day.

Skyblue,

bb kieren is so cute...and his head is very stable. Mine still not dat steady. Anythingu do to make his head steady?
happy.gif

Emma/rochelle, My paed told me that its calculated as 100ml per kg per day, meaning, 6kg = 600ml/24 hours.

mykono, just hold your baby upright whenever possible, opportunity for baby to practice helps
happy.gif

Hi Sharon
Sorry for the late reply, Im oreadi on leave.

P/T regarding others duties is she suppose to do for that 4hrs? or shell do in the nxt appt ? If in 4hrs shes able to cover so many area then shes really very fast handed.
Mayb u can give me yr P/T contact.

Thks for reminding me. Actually, Im abt to chk wif u regardin the issue of eating med aft delivery,cos Im given suff med to last until nxt yr Feb05. Aiya my gynae on leave so Ill hv to chk wif the sub gynae in tmr appt. Does that meant were hv to wait until our hormone level back to normal range than we can stop takin the med?

Enjoy yr gathering nxt Monday &amp; hope to meet up wif u nxt yr.

Beanie
Is I pop early mayb well be able to meet in TMC delivery ward. Hehe. Do keep in touch thru sms.

Asst. r like tat they r not as responsible as us. Keep cool &amp; try to resolve the problem. Do inform yr manager tat u hv oreadi handed over all yr works nicely to her (juz in case she back stabbed u &amp; tell them tat u didnt teach her wat u r suppose to teach her). U muz oso tell her tat u wont be able to attend to her calls aft u deliver.

U meant durin the 4 hrs I can choose wat I wan her to cover? She didnt mention of coverin others area? Can u give yr P/T contact no

oranges,
U'll get to see urs soon
happy.gif

andrea,
Kieran doesn't really fuss when he's back except when he wasn't feeling well. Heng ah... Maybe bcos i visit him everyday so he still recognise me as mummy. Actually i think @ 2 mths still too young to ren4 ren2. Maybe cos u carried her in an uncomfortable way? Kieran last time will fuss when my hubby carried him. It's mainly cos he wasn't comfortable with the way my hubby carried him. Now he likes daddy to carry him cos daddy will carry him n walk ard the house.
Ha... big boy means guai guai? He's a little chilli padi. 2 PDs i saw said he's very fierce.

sharon,
Kieran 3 mths plus now. His head not totally stable yet. He jus likes to be held uprite even when he was less than 1 mth old. Put him lying on the rocker, he'll lift his head up like doing sit-ups.
If little prince's hubby not going, my hubby also won't join us.

TBL,
Kieran looks 'bah bah' in fotos but not so in person. I dun know y... He's 6.3kg when I last weighed him @ PD on Tues. Nowadays quite easy to make him laugh.
happy.gif

little prince,
I still have ur contact no. Will sms u.
happy.gif
Kieran's mood very difficult to say one... I scare of him when i bring him out. Like last sat bring him to PP for lunch, suddenly cry so loud, scare all the pple in the lift.
Kieran's head is not completely stable yet. So he can't sit in the Bumbo for long, only few mins to let him sit for fun. When we carry him in the sitting position, his head will be resting on the carrier's chest. Dun worry, it'll be Rhyan's turn soon. Dun forget, Kieran is 2 wks older than Rhyan.

AC,
Kieran's nanny is my aunt. Agree that Bumbo is a bit ex so i actually hesitated quite long b4 buying it. That time PP selling so i let Kieran try out. He seems to like sitting in it so hubby n i decided to buy. Can use for 2nd one also
happy.gif

berry,
Kieran is 3 mths plus now. Think u'll find Bumbo useful cos when u put Faye in it, u can do other stuff at home next time. A few mums in the Jun/Jul thread were saying it's gd n that's when i 1st got to know abt the Bumbo. But those who find it ex bought the bamboo seat which is $20+.

mykono,
I didn't do anything to help make my boi's head stable.

Phew gals... FINALLY got time to login... my gal has been keeping our hands FULL from the time she was born!! hiaz... her character like very impatient leh... hiaz...

Emma, I've got some glass bottles too... just dun have the caps... you dun want to use the 10 bottles or they are just extra? gimme a msg... cos I may not have time to login... my sms reply may also be slow cos still adapting to gal's routine...

me suffering from engorged breasts... hiaz... painful man... went back to Mrs Wong day after my discharge... she massage until very painful leh...
sad.gif
but she says i've done very well cos it's only my fourth day... milk is coming too fast... hiaz... problem expressing too cos of pain of the engorgement... how much should we "express" to freeze per feeding? 60ml enough? someone kind enough to sms advice to me pls... thanx...
happy.gif

Birth Story:
<u>10 Dec 2004</u>
10pm - some cramps (menstrual) but can tahan... came and go but not really "regular"...
11pm - chatting with Angelia on the phone asking if it's false alarm *again*... haha...
<u>11 Dec 2004</u>
12am - cramps getting worse...
1am - went to toilet, had a show... some blood with clear eggwhite mucus... pain getting worse every 5 mins or less... called gynae who told me to go to hospital...
1.30am - still refuse to believe it's not false alarm, so hubby and I took our time to pack remainder hospital bag...
2am - pain becoming quite bad...
2.30am - reached hospital...
3am - checked dilation by nurse... only 1cm... inserted enima (dunno how to spell)...
3.30am - still waiting to clear bowels... pain getting worse... bowels not clearing... went to delivery suite...
4am - gynae came... checked dilation... 2cm... used mask for pain... asked for epidural...
4.45am - inserted epidural... HAPPIDURALLED!!!
5am - slept till 7am...
7.30am - nurse checked almost fully dilated...
7.50am - gynae came... fully dilated... started pushing... since i can't feel the push/contraction, delivery assisted with vacuum...
7.55am - arrival of my 3.45kg gal, Jeannieve!!!
proud.gif

Pics of Jeannieve
232126.jpg
232127.jpg

AC,
I've seen the chair attached to table b4 but will it be secure? Wat if child struggles? Furthermore, u'll only be using it if u're also at the table, rite? U can put Bumbo anywhere, on ur sofa, on top of dining chair, table etc. But of cos, it's more advisable to place it on the flr. Can bring it out also like if u go to the beach. It's very light. Sorry hor, I'm not a promoter for the Bumbo but then want to share with u the usefulness of this seat. Oh yeah, forgot to add that if bb's thighs r big then maybe Bumbo not very suitable. Some bbies also may not want to be restrained to a seat for too long. If that's the case, then buying Bumbo will be 'bo hua'.

Skyblue, I think I'd better buy the Bumbo soon, cause faye's thighs quite chubby, so the earlier I buy, the more she'll get to use it before she outgrows it (which wont be long I suspect, judging from her growth rate, shes already 6.4kg at 2.5 months!).

mykono,

pai seh... i totally forgot abt mdm naini's contact till after I logged off this afternoon. Was gonna give it to u now. Found this page with her contact and a few others also.

http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/massage.html

Btw, Mdm Naini just called me again to ask abt my progress :p She's very responsible. She asked abt my pre-preggie weight and has updated on the weight status 3 times so far.

<font color="0000ff">Oranges</font>,

I don't have a regular cleaner. The one I used previously was quite bad. She kept changing dates and in the end, her sis-in-law came over instead. Much prefer the SIL but I forgot to ask for her contact.

I've got 2 other cleaner contacts in punggol tho'. One of them charge $8/hr. The other one didn't state her charge. Haven't tried either of them yet. But yes, of course u can ask them to clean what u want. U pay them afterall :p

- 81144754 ($8/hr)
- 91019285 ($?/hr)

aiyo... I just started leave on Mon and I've already been back-stabbed 2x leow. Luckily both cases I've got evidence to disprove the claim.

I can't complain to anyone else lar... I report direct to the big boss &amp; he never bothers with stuff like that. sigh... sometimes I wonder why i joined the commercial sector. Working attitude really sucks.

hmm... for all u know, we might meet at TMC :p Will msg u if I pop
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">mngo</font>
U more excited then me abt popping
biggrin.gif

<font color="0000ff">jen</font>
Congratulations!

morning, everyone

me on half day leave tdy and only back to work next Tues, hubby also on leave so he sent me to work just now (spared fm driving) ..
happy.gif
.. but most happy coz at least we hv some time to ourselves while rhyan is at nanny's place ..

jen
yr bb looks reddish, got radiant look ..
happy.gif
CONGRATS!

skyblue
maybe u see kieran everyday so he dun look big to u, but he does look quite a big boy to me .. hope i can make it to see him on Mon .. u sms me again on tt morning, and i see how ..

berry
wanna bring faye over to join us since yr hubby is on leave rite? we wld love to meet up with u since we missed the last gathering at swensons ..

skyblue, I think a great part due to her birth weight. I'm not good with these things so dunno how to post her pic and too lazy to learn :p

little prince, pai seh, I realised I havent replied about the gathering. You girls meeting around which time? Lunch? I'll check with hubby and see if he has arranged anything else. If not we'll love to join in!
happy.gif

MEDUSA! you going to gathering?

berry
the timing is at 2pm on Mon pm, think shld be after lunch then .. come along lah, since most of our kids are more or less born in the same mth ..
happy.gif
.. u got sharon and my ctc rite? can sms us if u are coming lor ..

medusa
come along also leh .. we want to see lil athena ..

Gathering on 20 Dec, 2pm at Sharon's place

Confirmed List
1) Kelly &amp; Gabriel
2) Skyblue &amp; Kieran,
3) Lil Prince &amp; Rhyan,

Tentative List
1) Lil Prince / Skyblue's HB
2) Medusa &amp; Athena
3) Andrea &amp; QN
4) Berry &amp; Faye
5) Lil Devil &amp; Quinn

waiting for ruffy to see if she can make it also ..

Anymore mummies or MTBs?

Gathering on 20 Dec, 2pm at Sharon's place

Confirmed List
1) Kelly &amp; Gabriel
2) Skyblue &amp; Kieran
3) Lil Prince &amp; Rhyan
4) Medusa &amp; Athena

Tentative List
1) Hubbies
2) Andrea &amp; QN
3) Berry &amp; Faye
4) Lil Devil &amp; Quinn

okie, updated the list liao .. looks like its going to be a great gathering since most of us are meeting up for the first time ..
happy.gif

beanie,
u booked mdm naini too? i tot u book golden wellness.

jen,
congrats! rest well. ur girl has very nice rosy cheeks and lips.

mngo,
according to the lady in babiesncream, bb can start yoga n massage lessons after 3wks old.

skyblue,
kieran is so adorable and chubby. i cant wait to see him next mon.

anyone made passport for their bbs already? what is the procedure like? can get it on the same day? bb take their photo there? thks ..

little prince,
Hee...maybe lor. Thot u confirm going oredi, y must see how? U must come leh, i wanna see Rhyan n mummy
happy.gif

berry n MT,
Yep, yep, join us... hen can associate postings with faces nex time
happy.gif

kelly,
Sure, sure, u'll see him on mon.

Tis is getting fun n exciting, so many mummies n babies getting together
happy.gif

Back