(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

tbl... i have the same problem. Most of my under-belly pants can't wear leow.

Went to look at dresses. Most were so aunty-looking I didn't even dare to touch it
sad.gif

cham leow lar... think i'll be stuck with the over-belly (aka, watermelon pants) :p

Hi ladies,
I agree tt the 1st wk or so with bb is really a tryg period. Rship with hubby may be a bit tense as both are tired n tempers r short...but trust me, both of u will settle into the routine within the 2nd wk. Hubby n I are lookg after bb ourselves at night. We nw hv rosters such tt he takes the 2am feed whilst I take the 5am feed. If u r v pro bfg, then express yr milk for hubby to feed bb. Thk it's quite cool to see a man who used to hate kids sudd coo to a bb n sayang her like a precious darling. So have faith...things will work out somehow.

Beanie,
Durg last few wks of preg, it'll def b more comfy to wear dresses as low waist pants or skirts become v restrictv due to growth of tummy. I rem tt I ended up wearg only my 3 dresses durg the last few wks. Had to keep handwashg, irong then wearg them over n over agn. Heh.

<font color="ff6000">tbl</font>
ya.. one of my pants has become tight on the thigh area .. tummy area soon.. tink i can say bye bye to it liao
still wearing pants now coz sometimes i need to go to server rm .. will be frozen to death if i wear dress there as may need to stay there for the whole day sometimes ..
prefer to wear dress now though .. personally feel more comfy..

Beanie,
ya lor! those dresses really aunty-looking! In fact i bought 1 but couldn't bring myself to wear it, now still remain untouch in my cupboard! :p over-belly pants oso not nice leh! I got 2pcs but seldom wear lor.
hmm... think i need to go back to 9mois @ PS liao. 9mois got quite trendy dresses but a bit ex. I bought 2 dresses fm there in my 2nd tri.

Berry,
yahoo auction? never try b4 leh! those are for 2nd hand items rite? mmm... dun think i'll go for it if it's 2nd hand one. Me quite fussy on 2nd hand clothes.

TBL,

Hahaha....... seem like we are so eger to see our bb. Me too, the 2 low waist pants that i bought in 2nd tri, now very tigh. Tell you what, i'm crazy, last wk went to perfect mum, bought 300+ maternity clothes. 3 pants(Low waist but have elastic at the back so more comfortable) and 4 tops. Abit wasted lah since i only have 3 more mths to go. But....... come to think of it, actulaly after birth still can wear so not so hard pain now.....

MTB,

Is your hubby going to take leaves after ur bb is borned? My hubby is going to take 1 wk leave.... *phew*... at least can help me up.

sigh... i never wear dresses unless its for a function. How to bring myself to wear one??
uhoh.gif

I got myself a pair of over-belly pants from IOI at tampines previously. Saleslady was so bored she kept talking to me for >1hr. Pai seh if I left the shop without buying... hehe..

Anyway, am glad I bought it lar. Still fits very nicely except that elastic band causes tummy itch sometimes :p

berry,
dun be mistaken, i am ok with my mil, and i am not saying that she's no good. in fact i am very grateful to her for helping. Guess my problem is the night feed. as for not latching properly, well i can always use pump like wat my relatives did and they can do it for 6 months without bb latching on them.

my concern is also i wont want to tire my mother in law to wake up in the middle of the night to feed or change the newborn , should i or my hubby be too tired to do so.

Sharon
Me 2 i thought i'm the only 1 hvin this prob.Tat's y didn't share it over here.Nw got khaki.
Wa... u oreadi draw up yr count dw "pop" chart.I still got long way to go.
I'm takin Euthyrox &amp; not thyroxin. Dunno my med will hv any side effect anot?

tbl

yah, i like the dresses at 9mois too, but they are quite pricey for maternity clothes. i remember the saleslady there saying that you can alter some of the clothes to wear after pregnancy, so not so wasted. another nice place is mothersenvogue at delfi.

leo29

my hubby intends to take his 3 days paternity leave, 2 days childcare leave and another 10 days annual leave - total 3 weeks.
happy.gif
quite fortunate because his other male colleagues also took between 3 weeks to a month when their bbs were born, so his boss won't make noise.

When must we start drinking coconut water, 32 wk? Will that be too early? I think must check with those already give birth, is that true that drinking coconut water, bb come out is more clean.

<font color="ff6000">leo</font>
yup! my hubby will be clearing his AL on top of his paternity leave after bb is born ..
forgot how many days he hv to clear
biggrin.gif

berry,
yah...... me also keep motivating myself. i even start DREAMING...tat i can even slim back to pre preggie, and can even better than b 4, then i will go for a photo shot in those studio, wearing BIKINI holding bb in my arms...kekekekeke.... *DREAMING*

mngo,
then u accidently scroll to tat line which written by me and leave it there, and hoping he will see...
happy.gif

fruitcake,

Wow.... 3 wks leave to accompany you, so good. I'm just wondering whether his boss will let him take one wk leave or not, sign.... becos his dept is very busy......

beanie, try getting your dresses form 9Mois from plaza sing and mums n babes at plaza sing, or Dune at great world city. they have very nice dresses, completely un-auntie and un-maternity looking, I'm sure you'll agree when you see them.

TBL, I've seen brand new clothing from yahoo auction before.

leo, my hubby has 3 days paternity leave, if possible, he'll take a week more. But hard to say now, cause it really depends on his workload then. I told hubby that its good if he can, if cannot also never mind, cause I really want to get the hang of things myself asap. When hubby is around I tend to be very reliant and dependent on him to do many things for me, so I'm worried that if he's around for too many days I'll be too used to having his help, then after he goes back to work I wont be able to cope.

fruitcake, wow, 3 weeks in all! thats a really long period of leave. definitely sufficient to help u out.

mngo, i know what u mean. BTW, if u getting a CL, best to book asap, I have friends who started searching only last few months and couldnt find any good and available ones. U getting from agency?

little devil, I dont dare to think about bikini, cause no amount of dieting/money can remove stretchmarks miraculously, can only wait patiently for it to fade, and that usually takes few months to few years.

mngo

my friends also told me a CL is very useful for nights. got to feed baby, then shortly after, baby will definitely poop/pee, then got to clean up. what one friend did was she would wake up to BF (which is in itself quite tiring), go back to sleep and leave the CL to clean up and put bb back to sleep. since my hubby is taking leave, he'll help me out at nights.

berry,
yah, i know how dreadful is STRETCHMARK!!! urrrggg..... and if theres any dr who can actually remove it, i tik he will make big bucks.

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
ya, hubby kept SMS me say Dr calls a few tomes alr.

my appt is next Wed (15 Sep) cos Mon he's going off at 7:15 (or 7:50) &amp; all full liao.

i thot i alr posted &amp; mentioned i asked last wk?
happy.gif
bb head already down. yesterday asked when will engage, he says ard wk 38, but cannot give me estimate will bb pop early or late.

<font color="aa00aa">berry,</font>
hmmm, but bb only put on abt 200g from last wk, considered a lot? sugary stuff... does that includes carbo? me not into sweet stuff, but been drinking honey last wk cos sore throat mah.

<font color="0000ff">coconut juice</font>
i only started last wk. many say to start taking abt 1 mth b4 EDD.

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
oops... guess i must hv missed that posting
happy.gif

so hv u told him to bk a rm for u @ TMC oredi?

he "auto" booked for me leh. was thinking gotta remind him yesterday, but i received the letter from TMC, think last Wed, Thu...

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
oh... so u've mentioned to him before which type of ward u wan to stay in?

Beanie,
ha ha ha.... u mentioned abt the sales lady @ IOI tampinese!! she talked to me for almost 2hrs b4 let me go! I oso feel pai seh without buying so end-up bought 1 dress fm her (which is the one still left un-touch in my cupboard!)

leo29,
ya, u are right. think we still can wear some of the maternity clothes after giving birth, coz need time to slim down mah! yes! a good excuse for me to go shopping again. hehehehe...

<font color="ff6000">tbl, leo</font>
hehe.. gd idea hor..
can tell my hubby that reason for getting new clothes ..
biggrin.gif

fruitcake,
ya lor... i also think tat CL is good for nights. But hor u know sometimes Guys / man dun think so. they want their wife to wake up at night la.

Sharon
My med - white colour. On med since 20/8/04.
B4 pregnant skinny nw fat fat. Hw abt u? Y u ask this qtn?
Nw still warm water to bath. B'cos i always bath very late,scare will catch cold tat's y dun dare to bath wif cold water.

mngo,
for CL, its true tat its good for the nite. and i hav tis fren who told me tat in the past, her CL stop her from doing alot of things during tat 1 mth, i mean not STOP lah, more of advice, for her own good in future. she says during tat 1 mth, try to rest as much as possible, even if not tired, its also good to lie down and rest. and also dun look at computer or tv too often, it goes the same as not reading too much mag. or books as all these will strain our eye sight in future to come...... so wat we suppose to do is only breastfeed bb and rest lo.....

yup, i did asked him &amp; mentioned to him b4, but was quite some time b4.. prob he note it down on my medical card then submit to TMC when abt 1 mth near EDD
happy.gif

mngo

aiyo, after what we women go thru during the 9 months of pregnancy, followed by the pain/exhaustion of childbirth, come home must rest!! sometimes, guys just don't get it lor. you can try getting your hubby to do one night feed and you do the other, like what radiohead and her hubby are doing. what little devil said is also very true.

angelia, I'm not sure if its includes carbo, but if your only concern is baby weight gain, then probably not. I guess its just straight sugary items.

hehe... tbl... that saleslady was so chatty... I had to make excuse that I was late for movie b4 she let me off :p

But she was very nice, taught me how to wear that watermelon pants. Lucky the pants was on sale... hehe...

Berry, thanks for info on where to get clothes
happy.gif

sigh... another 3.5 months to go b4 I pop. Seems like such a long time. Need a holiday from being preggie :p

Have put on 10kg already... wonder if I'll look like a gorilla towards the end of the pregnancy.

Beanie,
dun worry... another gorilla here.
biggrin.gif
me oso 10kg alr. actually i dun really mind on the wt gain, sometime even stand infront of full length mirror to admire @ my body.
lame.gif
like others, i imagine myself being more slim than pre-preggie few mths after giving birth. the thought of it makes me veri happy leh! I alr planned wat to do after CF. Will perm &amp; highlight my hair, go for mani &amp; pedicure, and of course exercise to slim down!!

beanie, since you're already tired of being preggie, so you must be able to imagine how I feel now lol. towards the last few weeks of preggies just b4 u pop is even worse, so enjoy the 'good moments' now before you really balloon up big time heh.

chihiro,
i bought my raspberry tea leaf at Moms in Mind, its in loose form and costs $5.00+ .. me made the drink just now and left it in the fridge, hvn't drink yet as took a nap earlier on and just finished cooking dinner .. ate a pack of chee cheong fun i bought in the pm, going to shower soon before hubby comes home ..

august,
my HR did not clarify, they told me when i went to them abt my appeal for the extended ML .. till now, no memo hv been sent yet ..

TBL,
i can't wear my pants anymore also .. just like radiohead, got to stick with the dresses till i pop .. if u still hv 3 mths, can still buy 1 or 2 ..

leo29,
my hubby hv reserved 1 wk's leave after bb pops but i thot may get him to return to work if i am okie in 3-4 days so tt he can take leave again during bb's full mth ..

radiohead,
wanted to ask u but keep forgetting, how did u know bb had jaundice? coz u were discharged the 2nd day with bb, rite? bb already had jaundice by then? when was the next chkup for bb after both of u were discharged fm hospital?

hi all,
went to gynae for my 38th wk check-up...me put on 700g &amp; baby put on 200g. she's estimated to be 3kg. to date, i've put on 11.7kg.

i've lost my voice &amp; has been coughing since sunday. greedy lor...eat a lot of kueh lapis &amp; prawn crackers. i was given antibiotics by my gynae bcos my voice is really hoarse. he told me that baby will be less active when mummy is not feeling well &amp; asked me not to worry.

what i can do now is rest &amp; wait until my baby decides to meet the world. aiyoh...wait until when leh?

tbl, I still shudder when I recall the first and only time I permed my hair. It ended up looking like maggie mee :p Aiyo... needless to say, I looked horrible at my prom night.

sigh... wonder if memories of prom nights are meant to torture us for the rest of our lives
lol.gif

Berry, I totally sympathise with you. 40 weeks is simply too long a time to lug around all that weight.

vaingirl, "wait until when leh??" is exactly what I wonder everyday LOL. poor you, u better not be eating anymore prawn crackers or heaty stuff anymore. It'll be terrible if you're not feeling well when your baby decides to pop cause you'll need all the energy u can have during labour.

little prince, u know wat? I never bought/wore a single maternity dress throughtout the entire period when I'm pregnant. Cause I didnt know where to find nice ones, I only found out about 9mois, dune and all those shops only very late. So I tell my hubby, next pregnancy I must stock up on plenty of beautiful maternity clothing from day 1 to make up for it.

sharon, wow, so lucky that you got yourself such a good cleaner! hope my new cleaner will be just as good. *cross fingers*

berry,
i was getting bored that's y i ate a lot of junk food... i've prepared all there is to prepare for the gal's arrival..the only "item" that is missing is the BABY!! hee...even tho' its my 2nd pregnancy, everyone in my family is still excited.

sharon, I forgot to ask- how big is your place?

vaingirl, yeah, I know what u mean. I've also prepared everything there is already.

Was looking at my enormous belly earlier, cant believe how large it is LOL, got inspired to write a 'poem':

A big tummy, one big belly;
So big and heavy, my baby I carry.
Waddle and wobble, everywhere I topple;
Used to be a shopper, now became a hobbler.

fruitcake, u r right loh~~~ guys wont understand. i think i will stick to my decision of having confinement lady la. otherwise i regret man!

kypf,
i scratch my belly once or twice every day. i checked with my gynae &amp; GFs and they said it's bcos my belly is expanding so the skin is "raw". however, try not to scratch too much. it may scar u. i usually scratch with my clothes on and i'll quickly apply my stretch mark cream to stop the itch.

158367.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ wk 06-Sep
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD .. . Week.. . Where ..Pop

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 40 . ??? / ??
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 40 . TMC / B
peipei ......... 20/09/04 wk 38 . TMC / G
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 38 . MAH / B
vaingirl ....... 20/09/04 wk 38 . GEH / G
littleprince ... 20/09/04 wk 38 . ESH / B
little_devil ... 21/09/04 wk 38 . MAH / B
berry .......... 22/09/04 wk 38 . TMC / G
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 37 . MAH / G
ww ............. 29/09/04 wk 37 . KKH / ??
pets ........... 03/10/04 wk 36 . TMC / G
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 36 . TMC / G
SLK ............ 08/10/04 wk 35 . GEH / B
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 35 . MAH / G
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 35 . GEH / B
blisse ......... 11/10/04 wk 35 . GEH / G
are ............ 12/10/04 wk 35 . MEH / G
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 wk 34 . ESH / G
august ......... 21/10/04 wk 33 . MAH / B
dee ............ 22/10/04 wk 33 . GEH / ??
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 33 . GEH / B
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 33 . ??? / ??
mel7728 ........ 02/11/04 wk 32 . TMC / B
AC ............. 06/11/04 wk 32 . GEH / B
cosmo .......... 08/11/04 wk 32 . USA / B
kelly .......... 09/11/04 wk 31 . MAH / B
cxope .......... 12/11/04 wk 30 . ??? / ??
yuru ........... 13/11/04 wk 30 . GEH / G
cirtusfruits ... 16/11/04 wk 30 . ??? / ??
sharon ......... 17/11/04 wk 30 . MAH / G
young jes ...... 18/11/04 wk 30 . MAH / G
joyful ......... 20/11/04 wk 30 . MAH / B
kikojoy ........ 20/11/04 wk 30 . GEH / ?
puff ........... 20/11/04 wk 30 . ESH / G
peg peg ........ 22/11/04 wk 29 . MAH / G
melbb .......... 26/11/04 wk 29 . ??? / ??
deer ........... 29/11/04 wk 29 . ??? / ??
chihiro ........ 02/12/04 wk 28 . TMC / G
leo29 .......... 02/12/04 wk 28 . MEH / G
TBL ............ 02/12/04 wk 28 .. RH / G
rochelle ....... 02/12/04 wk 28 .. RH / B
chihuahua ...... 02/12/04 wk 28 .. RH / ??
wooof .......... 03/12/04 wk 28 . ??? / G
seahorse ....... 04/12/04 wk 28 . MEH / G
crumpy ......... 07/12/04 wk 27 . MEH / ??
plong .......... 08/12/04 wk 27 . KKH / B
kypf ........... 08/12/04 wk 27 . GEH / B
emma ........... 09/12/04 wk 27 . ??? / G
jen ............ 09/12/04 wk 27 . TMC / G
fruitcake ...... 10/12/04 wk 27 . NUH / B
chantelle ...... 12/12/04 wk 27 . ??? / ??
guess .......... 12/12/04 wk 27 . MEH / ??
mngo ........... 12/12/04 wk 27 . MAH / B
stephie ........ 14/12/04 wk 26 . TMC / B
wendypooh ...... 15/12/04 wk 26 . KKH / ??
beanie ......... 17/12/04 wk 26 . TMC / G
melody ......... 20/12/04 wk 25 . ??? / ??
oranges ........ 22/12/04 wk 25 . TMC / B
jov ............ 05/01/05 wk 23 . ??? / ??
TSH ............ 05/01/05 wk 23 . MSA / ?

<font color="ff0000">*************************************************************************</font><font color="119911">
.. .. .. .. .. . .. EDD . . Where . .. Pop
jer ............ 04/09/04 . MAH / B 24/08/2004
radiohead ...... 22/08/04 . ESH / G 25/08/2004 3.570kg sarah-lynn
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 . MAH / B 31/08/2004

</font><font color="ff0000">*************************************************************************</font>

<font color="ff0000">GEH - GlenE, MAH - Mt A; MEH - Mt E; ESH - East Shore; RH - Raffles; MSA - Malaysia</font>
<font color="119911">send me a private msg (cos not much time to check forum) if I got any info wrong or missed out</font>
wink.gif

<font color="ff6000">PM me ur mobile to keep in touch when u pop</font>
</font></font>

Back