(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

GIGGLER!!!!!!!!!
I bet with u, if I have my celebration at changi or some loyang chalet, u think my response will be as gd? The distance scares pple off, esp those without transport!

Vane n u definitely r more affable, me still a stranger to many mummies here. I very stressed now.........gd stress though!

Pigletz.....mummies,
Pigletz is really kind to set up the database for me at yahoo. Do fill up there ASAP, can? I scare i cock eyes n screw up, here too happening, too many posting, later i miss out anything!

BY 17th Fri's evening , k! 'ELECT, VOTE'!!
happy.gif
Tks for ur co-operation. Wanna prepare food for all of u lor......TKS...date is drawing near!

miss all the postings again...was on urgent half day on Friday....MIL not feeling well.

So sorry to hear about Jaz, are you all still getting something for her? do count me in...

Natalie,

haha....I find your mil very amusing...sorry...cos I have same problem...maybe I am slightly better..I dare to show face colours most of the time, since confinement....my mil super kahchong spider about Tristan.....I still remember last time when Tristan has jaundice after few days he was born and need to to re-admitted. My mil is the one who has tears rolling from her eyes and my hubby and I is the one still joking about going for suntan and stuff.....people see will think we can step parents....
by the way, Tristan's swimming class has one very active 7months baby who can already flap hands and kick already

Eureka
Im both fans for tyra and ur beautiful girl! how old is she btw?

Nat
no lah she dun mean anything...but here the threads even faster so blur! I will have to pop by once in a while or will get too confused and dizzy! heheeh

<font color="ff0000">NATALIE</font>
U r amazingly clever.......how come u know tat's romper is for Rae? My bro bot 3 for him.....3 same rompers, i can faint
happy.gif
. One says cute like daddy, another, cute like mummy n another cute like aunty. I dare not let them wear cute like mummy, paisay leh........me so fat!

Very lao lao n oversize for elyse, u see.......
happy.gif

290669.jpg

Thanks...Rae is ok, very manageable nowadays. Miraculously guai n tamed.....still keeping my fingers crossed..........par par ah!

<font color="ff0000">Mummies,</font>
Where shd i keep my tek gor n underwear when u all come ah...u see elyse's foto.....the clothings very eyesore hor? U all freak out anot? ARTISTIC hor??????
happy.gif

Absolut,
I dun have to wait until 3rd bb to wear my maternity clothes. All my clothes can be worn b4, during n after pregnancy! Oh dear.

SO funny n true. It is a checklist for me too.....many things i machiam having 3 rd bb liao!

When pacifier drops, I check if it is facing up or down. If face up, i stuff it back to her mouth. During Rae's time, I picked it up, go washed with Pigeon's detergent n use hot water to go over. NOW????

Hahahhaha.........very interesting article!

Hi Poontang,
Elyse is 3wks away frm 1 YO!
happy.gif

giggler, i think once the blur things out...it's more like a pong qiao issue.

qsg, u can find petit miam at carrefour suntec or BIG cold storage...the cs at china sq...dun bother.

absolut, the only visitor i hd are my close sch mates..no more. no friends no relative (except for my parents n sis) and of course the dowager n her daughter+family. i kept my curtain drawn most of the time. where got time for makeup?? i hate wearing make up for long day....later no time to wash off...worse...no facial for a mth u know!!
hey...love what you posted on the order of bb...

sahm, i always tot elyse is jie jie to jerald!! cos she's already up n roaming abt!!!
tks for preparing maken for all of us.

giggler
wow... vane woke up at 10am?! hahaha, so cute that vane is "bad temper", i think normal right? coz zl also "bad temper".

eureka
what time is the party? morning, afternoon or evening? let us know.

mummies, Jo
U all wake up, feed bbs n get ready come liao.....come here n have ur lunch....12pm to 3pm. Think after tat most bbs all restless n want their nap liao! Agree?

Hi mummies

this thread has sped off again!!!

Re:Waking up early
Alicia usually wakes up around 7am. She woke up 530 today coz yesterday she had a late afternoon nap. As for me ah, i slept ard 8pm last nite due to migraine so woke up around 4 plus this morning. That's why got time to do all the cooking and snapping of photos:p

Absolute

Our bbs really can shake hands....one walk with bolster another with pillow....wonder who's gonna be next Linus walking around with blanket
happy.gif
Does Ally have a lot of phlegm?? Maybe i can share a remedy...my gal was having cough with phlegm last week and now recovering...i try not to give her too much medicine but i double boiled chinese pear (ya li) with a cube of honey rock sugar and let her eat the soften pear with juice...it loosens up the phlegm(mucolytic) and its natural, plus she loves it. (just my 2 cts)

Eureka

your last pic of them 2 drinking milk, can send in for advert la!

Would love to come for Elyse's bday party...will confirm with you on database asap.

Nat

Your heart must have melted on the spot whn Matt called u mama!

Giggler

Vane and Nat don't resemble each other in my opinion. They are both cute in diff ways
happy.gif
Hmmmm...u give me the idea to try putting syrup on whipped cream at home for Alicia to watch the color change...heheh

Shook

Chen Chen wakes everyday at 5am....does he sleep early?

QSG

Ya, me and hubby both thrilled with Alicia walking around but we realised now wat many have warned us - with walking comes about new set of hazards to look out for:p She's climbing everywhere and taking everything she sets her eyes on....

btw, so are u still keen on getting PT helper? And did u manage to get the replaceble nuby straw and brush?

Deer

That pillow is definitely not mine...hahaa....its too small...can only rest my foot on it...keke

Eureka

hahaaa.....elyse walking ard with that red bag like Ganang guni woman...ur party 12-3pm, Alicia naps around 12pm....eh.....thk i can't confm with u until that day leh..if she wakes early, we will try to make it

Lyn,
Softlove me banned ages liao. I siam even on their samples give out!

Pureen, huh, version?? Tot only 1....ayoh, pic tells more........u see.........pureen here, but only strictly for daytime.

290682.jpg

Lyn, thanks for letting me know on the yoghurt. Btw, wanted to tell you last fri afternoon driving lesson, the instructor let me drove the car home. I was on the expressway near chua chu kang then i jokingly said i might as well drive home then surprisingly he said sure. So i drove home and he drove all the way back to Bukit Batok himself. I was wondering if the next person using the car would end up up waiting
happy.gif
Hopefully this thursday get same instructor again then can request that i drive home. Btw, my memory not very good after given birth can't remember things that are taught. Can i ask you about U turn?just learnt but forgot again. if the divider is narrow , we turn in the lane closer to the opp side and if the divider is wider,we turn into the lane close to us right?

Eureka,interested in going mah but maybe too rush as i got something in the afternoon. Even if by then got car, its like touch and go kinda thing cannot stay too long to mingle.can give last minute notice or not if actual day decided to go after all?

pringles, i can't wait for Dana to start walking, nowadays she is getting abit lazy with even standing so dunno when she will walk hopefully by 1 year old. Will be calling the PT helper sometime this week or next.

Have not seen the replacable straw at the places i went and Dana still dunno how to suck from straw
sad.gif
what is the replacable brush that you are talking about?

Eureka
Ally sick
YH vomitted (OK liao) n refuse to eat n drink
Ian is another 1 who develops fast in motor skill
Ya rite, the old saying not chun. Chen Chen develops faster in vocal than motor skill. Yes'dy went my MIL's hse, she touched Chen Chen's ankle n said dat his vein hasn't come out yet. He won't b walking anytime.
Eating hair clips, hahahaha. Luckily Chen Chen is a boi, otherwise there r hair clips for him to bite too
I probably send Chen Chen GUG in the next term too. Gonna bring him to BJG trial 1st
Can't wait to visit your palace n meet u + your 2 sweet darlings. It's been a long time since we last met.

Nat
Table cloth to dry washed cups!! Wa man, as gd as not washed
Poor Matt, no milk no diaper. Did he urinate on the flr?
Thot u bringing Matt for Acquaduck trial on 3 Jul? U bring your PIL along for all trial classes? Wanted to go Acquaduck look c but the phone no dat u said hv to call always go to voice mail. So din go in the n. So u sign Matt for Acquakuck?
Congrats dat Matt addressed u. He hates your MIL so MUZ b calling u

Giggler
The GUG class sounds v gd.
Is their class size always 2 teachers to 8 bb?
I called GUG to arrange for trial but no one picks up the call whenever I call
Elyse more appealing than Chen Chen coz dat day wz Chen Chen's b'dy not vane's. Chen Chen or rather my face not big enuff

QSG
Need to change the ingredient u put in porridge. Guess Dana is sick of white bait liao.

KC
Poor RY is he better?

Val
Go home hv a gd rest. Wear a mask when u get close to Randall

Lyn
Hi5, I drew curtain all the time when I wz in KK.
Tho Chen Chen called me for quite some time liao, still din manage to tape dat coz bring cell phone only he stops calling n wanna grab my phone

Absolut
Read dat b4. V v funi
But hor, I 1st bb only boi oso wear pink
rofl.gif

Pringles
U wake up so early to cook?
Chen Chen sleeps @ 10+ close to 11pm
Agree wif u Vane n Nat looks v different
Did u add water to double boil the pear n rock sugar?

eureka
hahahaha
elyse knows "gong fu"?!

giggler
must remind u about GUG, if holiday fall on Saturday, there won't be any make up class but rest assured, no holiday on saturday during Jun to Aug ;-p

<font color="aa00aa">You have to read this it is absolutely beautiful......</font>
I wz teary as I read tis. I told Lee b4, I rather die b4 him bcoz I dun think I can take it if he dies b4 me

Each year he sent her roses,
and the note would always say,
I love you even more this year,
than last year on this day.
My love for you will always grow,
with every passing year."

She knew this was the last time
that the roses would appear.
She thought, he ordered roses
in advance before this day.
Her loving husband did not know,
that he would pass away.

He always liked to do things early,
way before the time.
Then, if he got too busy,
everything would work out fine.

She trimmed the stems and
placed them in a very special vase.
Then, sat the vase beside
the portrait of his smiling face.

She would sit for hours,
In her husband's favorite chair.
While staring at his picture,
and the roses sitting there.

A year went by, and it was
to live without her mate.
With loneliness and solitude,
that had become her fate.

Then, the very hour,
The doorbell rang, and there
were roses sitting by her door.

She brought the roses in,
and then just looked at them in shock.
Then, went to get the telephone,
to call the florist shop.

The owner answered, and she asked him,
if he would explain, Why would someone would
do this to her, causing her such pain?

"I know your husband passed away,
more than a year ago,"
The owner said,
"I knew you'd call, and you would want to know.
The flowers you received today,
were paid for in advance.
Your husband always planned ahead,
he left nothing to chance.
There is a standing order,
that I have on file down here,
And he has paid, well in advance,
you'll get them every year.

There also is another thing,
that I think you should know,
He wrote a special little card...he did this years ago.
Then, should ever I find out that he's no longer here, that's the card
that should be sent to you
the following year."

She thanked him and hung up the phone, her tears now flowing hard.
Her fingers shaking,
as she slowly reached to get the card.

Inside the card, she saw that he had written her a note.
Then, as she stared in total silence,
this is what he wrote...

"Hello my love, I know it's been a year
since I've been gone.
I hope it hasn't been too hard for you to overcome.
I know it must be lonely,
and the pain is very real.

Or if it was the other way,
I know how I would feel.
The love we shared made everything
so beautiful in life.
I loved you more than words can say,
you were the perfect wife.
You were my friend and lover,
you fulfilled my every need.
I know it's only been a year,
but please try not to grieve.

I want you to be happy,
even when you shed your tears.
That is why the roses will be sent to you for years.
When you get these roses,
think of all the happiness that we had together,
and how both of us were blessed.
I have always loved you and
I know I always will.
But, my love, you must go on,
you have some living still.

Please...try to find happiness,
while living out your days.
I know it is not easy,
but I hope you find some ways.

The roses will come every year,
and they will only stop,
When your door's not answered,
when the florist stops to knock.
He will come five times that day,
in case you have gone out.
But after his last visit,
he will know without a doubt!
To take the roses to the place,
where I've instructed him
and place the roses where we are,
together once again.

Sometimes in life, you find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life
just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh
until you can't stop;
Someone who makes you believe
that there really is good in the world.
Someone who convinces you
that there really is an unlocked door
just waiting for you to open it.

HI Val,
HI-5 ! ME down over the weekend too... just came back from office to Zzz...

Deer,
My Jem down with cough and flu
sad.gif
Must direct this to you so that you too will share share YH's happening to me :p
Din get any bak zhang in the end cos i too tired go search for it... saw some at Giant which i find it not nice leh (i dun like Giant) so in the end celebrate with Jem's Godparents with Braised Trotters and Bak kut Teh.

RE : JAz
So glad to come in and read the good news..
Thanks, Shook for keeping us in the tab and coordinating!!
Thanks Jul, for voluntary be our rep n help get that nice nice prezzie.
So are we still getting something for ALoy?

Giggler,
Hi hi, how's ur CC Hunt coming along? I went to look at Brightsun and Learning Seed over the weekend... haiz, seems like CC harder to find than Infant centre leh.
Whey!! how can say Vane no fight?? she so different from elyse... got different target audience..hahahha, post more of her pics and test test?

Hazey!!
So glad i came in, so long din see tyra's pix already

Wah Jul,
That's a huge cake u got for Ian.. can finish??

Absolut!
Hooray to Ally!! so good gal quick quick learn how to walk. She must have known that Mummy need to carry her didi/meimei (btw, didi or mei mei?) soon so now learn to lessen ur burden.

Skyblue,
Kieran's photo at the zoo?

Pringle,
Love Alicia's jovial and expressive character!!

Hey Eureka,
I sit the same way as Elyse when i'm a bb too!! And will still do so subconciously at time...hahha
I feel like going over to play w rae rae and elyse leh... but hb working on that day.. can i ask ur place near where so i can 'teh' him saying i can manage on my own?

Jo,
hhmmm.. Jem interested in Elyse too leh... both he and zl fair fight hor.
Thanks for intro the magic pot to us!! Make the bak kut teh w it.. the meat turn out tender and nice!
So after Eureka's open house ur place huh :p

Ly,
Know what? me too going for a full body checkup soon before trying for no. 2 after hearing abt jaz.

KC,
Me thinking of getting Delrosa for Jem too.. thot its mix w water like ribena? He poor thing leh... daddy went to invite his godparents over for duan wu jie w/o knowing their kids are down w cough.. immediately that nite he starts to 'koff koff'..haiz, think need to get him vit c liao.

Shook, i dun always put white bait. I rotate between chicken and pork also. Dunno why the sudden change in her appetite yesterday. I am afraid she only want snacks and not the main meals.

QSG

the brush is a tiny one specially for cleaning the Nuby bottle, otherwise quite hard to clean the small internal parts. Actually i bought the repaceable straw and brush(comes together) frm Punggol Plaza. If u really want, maybe i can help u look out again and buy for u.

Dun worry, Dana will walk eventually....cherish these times as she is coz u are gonna be very busy whn she starts walking:p

Shook

Yes, i add water to it. All these i learn frm my mom
happy.gif

pringles,
agree with you on cherish the moment when they are crawling. haha, really getting very busy now that Gareth walks.
happy.gif

How are you feeling already? Do you get migrant very often?

Pringles, check with u ah...what is chinese pear? Is it the one with the yellow skin? and the English pear is the one with the green skin? So chinese pear is ok for cough? Not a member of the citrus family?

Pigletz, going again this Wednesday...my appt is at 12 noon...so probably ask for permission to work from home that day..... She's much better, I feel so much more relieved now.... only waiting for her to fully recover...then I can feed her Golden Kiwis!!! :p

QSG,
yalor ...dun worry too much ...Jana only started on straw at 10.5 mths. She's turning 1 in abt a week's time and refuse to even cruise now. last weekend she started cruising a little, this weekend, she just stand there n refuse to move at all.

jo, hazey
eh..borrowed some images from the net...hope they dun run after me
happy.gif
xian chou le ...
290691.jpg

HI Shook,
I bong u....openly declared my face is BIG!!! Indeed BIG n SQUARE N DOUBLE CHIN!

Heheheh.....u dun like dat say lah.......i worry now i am not gd host then!

Oh ya, Ian walks early too! Chen chen verbal skills fast hor!! Elyse dun know babbling wat nowadays, suddenly yelling at times too.

Hi Jo,Brenda,
My gal is gem in ur boys' eyes ah, I am delighted leh! Tough fight.....ZL is fit n little machoe boy. Jem is misty romantic, french kisser...dun know which 1 Elyse luv?? But elyse luv motorbike riders. ALways wave at them at junctions. I always turn her away frm them, she still twist over to them!!!!

Ayoh, i am very itchy over the magic pot leh....no place to put liao, my kitchen top!

Brenda, I stay ard aljunied/potong pasir. U can come with giggler??

Hi deer,
How's YH? I got very worried when my kids throw out, will dash to doc if persist 2xs.

Hope YH is ok by now.

Hi QSG,
Can lah, just hop by that day if u can afford to, to meet us up.

Dun worry abt dana not eating well. BBs are smart, they wont go hungry too long........take heart

hazey,
glad to know that Tyra is better now. Did Dr Chee give you the medicine that make her cough alot? hehe..

This Wed ah? don't think I can make it leh, cos I got deadline to meet this week. Nevermind, hehe, anyway, clinic is not a good place to meet up anyway. hahaha...who will want to meet each other at clinic. *LOL*

brenda
oh oh... forgot to bring the instruction book to u today... ;p will bring tomorrow.

ok, no problem for me to open my house! as long as u don't mind my "lok kor" renovation.

jem "koff koff"?! hope he will recover soon. hey, the bintan photos u posted very very well taken... jem looks so mi ren in the photos...

oh, forgot that i have posted a recent zl's photo to my office last night. any changes? he still look the same? i think he slim down alot

290696.jpg

jo,

I also interested in the magic pot you talk abt leh. But must know more from you 1st b4 I go invest on one. haha.

When can we meet up to talk abt magic pot? hehe

sahm, cute leh the pixs!!
u didnt tell me u siam softlove long ago!! waste my $$!
will be at ur plc ard 1300hr, must fed my rascal 1st abt 1130.

qsg....ahhh?? u stress me out leh - U TURN!!?? I just did my last lesson leh...still not familiar...u dun scare me can....my instructor just said, turn full lock, step acc n go.

brenda, u planning for no2 soon?? yep...i nvr like FULL body chk...now i rather spend $$$ to get peace of mind

finally got to c ZL's pix after long laspe!! all grown up leh!!!

shook, doubt my woodblock would be so romantic...anyway me sure die b4 him.

eureka
hahahahahaha. elyse so cute, like motorbike riders!!!

shook
ya lor... so ai wan to miss the class just because of holiday, so must plan well!!!

pigletz
hahahaha... i should have act as part timer sales for magic pot heehee

now difficult to eat "snake" to sneak out... r
u going to elyse birthday?

lyn
ya lor... young toddler liao

hubby is woodblock good lah... no need to worry that he will flirt around hahaha

Hey Jo,
Finally ZL is smiling widely! Can leh, can kena with elyse leh..........
happy.gif

Hi Lyn,
U turn is easy! Tell u, if i kena test route 5 &amp; 6 for my actual test, I sure flop!

Can die, I freeze ah...the traffic so heavy, rear &amp; side mirrors all got cars passing by n following, I panic, dun know how to lane change ah!

jo,
haha, next time u can consider selling pots and let us know. we sure go buy from you. But must make sure eureka don't go sell lah, if not, sure get broke buying from the 2 of you. hahaha

Err, might not go for Elyse's bday as I'm hving housewarming at home on that day too. *sigh*

Pigletz, didn't order the balm.

Eureka and Pigletz, pls dun take too long to think over the magic pot hor. Yesterday i went taka the one that brenda bought already sold out now only left with the bigger sizes which cost more than $200.

Lyn, din meant to scare you lah, instructor said got 5 different types of U turn that's why i got confused. Depends on how many lanes and the divider,etc. Eureka, any advise?

hi
any mummies staying near my place need a lift to eureka's place? let me see, 2 Adults and 1 handcarry bb.

pigletz
oh... ur housewarming date confirm already?

faith
wah... you very cool hor. I was also balling my eyes out when Ally couldn't come back w me for a nite. plus stressed coz can't produce enough BM for her then.

Pringles
Sleep from 8 plus to 4am? Alicia slept at 8 plus? If I were you, I'll still laze in bed til at least 6 plus. Life of a SAHM so hard... must wake up so early. Hmm... I better re-think.

Thanks for your suggestion on the pear. Will go look for it and try it. Anything is better than medicine.

Nuby straw bottle can replace straw? Looks like I'll go get that then coz I need to replace Ally's straw bottle. Has some brown stuff growing in the straw already.

Brenda
Dunno boy or girl yet leh. Next visit on 22 Jun and bb will only be 13 weeks old. How soon will we know? Think the grandparents are more anxious.

jo,
ya, i'm hving housewarming every weekend of june. we split up the groups so that we can interact more with our guests.
happy.gif
And beside, we doing all the cooking ourselves, so don't think will have much time to pop over too.

Mummies,
Those coming, I can do free check on ur lao Er if it is a gal or boy.............just dun hum thum me if not chun hor..........the most i say ambiguous.....hahahahah

Pigletz,
Ya, will be selling pots n pans at malls, no figure to be tiger lady at lopi tiam leh........
happy.gif
, keow guan me, my ricebowl!
happy.gif

QSG,
u want advice frm a L-plate me...kidding me! hahahahah.....

jo,
haha, no lah. just that we prefer to do it in small group. At least we can enjoy too, rather then rushing here and there. We did it during Gareth's 1st month also. hehe

eureka,
hahaha...i sure keow guan you one. I start saving $1 a day to buy pots and pans from you. ;)

Pigletz, not sure about tangs no time to go yesterday. I bought the 5.2l one since 4.5l sold out liao but delivery only end of june. Isetan may have but dunno got promo or not. So scary suddenly got craze for magic pots. I went taka on wed saw so many yesterday went back sold out liao for 4.5l at $198. The 5.2l ($209) one comes with with a mini frying pan and can add $1 for another squarish frying pan.Think we can form a magic pot club and share recipes liao
happy.gif

Jo, what type of soups do you usually make with the magic pot?

Eureka, you L plate but those things you learnt still fresh mah. I got licence but can't remember things anymore.

Back