(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

Hi mummies,
how's everyone stressing up???
After a long hiatus... All i can say, bringing up 3 kids is really no joke. My mum sees me oso shake head. But i have to admit the joy they bring is tremedous and so is the STRESS!!!!!
Anyway, i vaguely remember someone mentioning about having a gathering in Nov (A's dad???). Are we still game for it???? It has really been a while. I am thinking if no one is opening up their house, how about a picnic at Botanical gardens. The girls can blow bubbles and the boys can play ball and bash each other up. Sounds cool to me. My 2 dds will join the boys to bash each other. My last dd will just sit and eat & eat...

bboomer71
Thanks for the invitation
happy.gif
Next week sch hols liao. So unless I get mil to come over, otherwise I have to bring all out for lunch! Will see when I can, then I pm you.

B2B3M4
Weather v unpredictable leh. Esp evenings always rain leh. We gotta page for A's daddy to appear!!

bboomer
My elder boy in I Creative learner class and abacus class. Younger boy will join lapbooking class next yr
What clases do u let your kids join in cc?
My elder boy getting wlider n rude. Do u think Dhamar class can help shape his char? where is Phor Kar See ?

mom2nat
"We speak mandarin and hokkien at times, esp when we dun wan the kids to understand wat we are saying."
lol.gif
. Chen Chen understands most of the lang we speak. Sometimes my hubby n I talked in Hokkien for the same reason, Chen Chen asked what were we talking abt
kao_sticktongue.gif

"Sometimes I dunno should be KS parent, send to many many enrichments so the kids dun lose out in Pri sch, or dun send, cos wan them to enjoy their childhood. Hard to strike a balance lor. " can't agree more
Elliot looks big. How is his appetite?
I like the scene of Elliot hugged Nat on the bike. So sweet....

Hong
Your wk end packed wif enrichment classes of course no time to cook
What enrichment classes do u sign up for your kids?
Do u still hv the program outline for BJG?
Where is Hai Yin buddhist center?

Alicia's daddy
I let Chen Chen take abacus. He likes it. Actually wanna send him to 3G abacus but till now still can't form a class for the day I want. So let him take traditional abacus

b2b3m4
wet weather of late. Gathering at Botanic garden may b tough

koala
Whose lapbooking class is Chen chen joining? Shirley's? Which abacus class he goes to? I can't add anymore classes leh, hb not happy.

Hahah... when you type Phor Kar See... I was thinking wat is tat... isit in hokkien meaning no manners! Hahaha...

Elliot small eater and picky eater. Everything try lah, but taste only but wont eat it up!

Hi B2,
Mom2nat "paged" me to appear....hahahaha...
happy.gif

I was away in US in the first 2 weeks of Nov, and came back last week. Still getting tied up with work. I will be on leave for the whole of Dec next month. I can open my house if needed
happy.gif

Koala,
What is 3G abacus? Sounds very cheem.

Stressma, how are you??? Long time no 'chat'
happy.gif
))) Your son still with JCK? So have you survey the Dharma class centers yday?

A's dad, your col so 'on'!!! So what did you do to train her kid to be strong in foundation for the 1st three yrs?

Koala, you interested to bring Png for BJG class?

Re: Gathering
If there's gathering, can someone sms me? I seldom have time to come into the forum these days.
sad.gif
(((

Giggler,
I think the message is to get a good foundation on the fundamentals, which I personally agreed. As to "push" for that >90 marks threshold, this is an area where I think it's the child's capability. Being parents, the only thing we can do is to provide guidiance, and a good learning environment lor....that's my personal opinion. That's pretty close to what bboomer71 described.

I talked to Teacher Vera about changing class, but she insisted Alicia to stay on. I "pyscho" Alicia again, and she agreed to stay on. I guess a little encouragement boosted her interest again
happy.gif

Gathering:
Anyone wants to suggest a date?
I just got a notice for me to attend 2 meetings in China next week
sad.gif
, so you see, officially on leave, but unofficially having meeting in china.
How about post Christmas gathering, at Dec 27 Sun, at my house? We can do some simple pot luck.

Hello Koala,
My kids' cc tend to be quite academically focused (i.e. worksheets galore), not much enrichment, but there are weekly dance and PC classes.

Outside of cc, I managed to squeeze in piano and swimming on weekdays for my K1 boy (venues at my house or very nearby). I used to put him in phonics & even Lorna Whiston at one point coz I was concerned abt his progress in English. But hv since stopped English lessons coz he seems to be reading well enof now, so I'll save my cash and conduct the English enrichment myself, after all, ours is an English-speaking environment.

Aft we stopped his English classes, I let him try inline skating at a CC. He has completed 3 months and we've jus stopped lessons, coz think he has gotten the basics and anyway, wud prefer to free the time up for Dharma class (at his childcare) on Sundays nex year.Next year, I'm looking to focus on his Maths and Chinese. That is the foundation i guess we are laying for him, lucky brat!!

Caught Christmas Carol all by ourselves in an empty cinema on a weekday morning.
happy.gif
My kids loved it! Not so scary (except Ghost of Christmas Future). Great show for drumming in messages like you gotta share, or u hv no frens. And abt greed and ignorance heehee.

I'm fine for the gathering. Thanks A's Dad. Amazing how you can pull this off with your schedule! Pei-fu!

bboomer71,
How much does it cost to learn inline skating?
hehehe, nothing much lar. Just open up my house and you folks drop by and gather lor
happy.gif

RE: Gathering:
Date : Dec 27, 2009 (Sunday)
Time : 1pm- 5pm (let's have some sort of hi-tea)
Venue: My humble house (I will PM the address when this is confirmed).

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family

Hi A's Dad,
How abt an after-dinner party, say, at 7 pm? My kids still nap, and there are going to be fussy in the afternoon.
sad.gif
I volunteer calamari! (helper fry lah)

bboomer71
After 7pm I can't leh. Cos I live in Pasir ris and my son sleeps ard 8pm!! Best for me is ard 3pm. Teatime... hee...

how come no one elze response?

hi koala,

what is lapbooking class n what is 3G abacus? sound so greek to me...

hi giggler,
yes jo-van still in jck. mei mei joining him next year too. actually this year i put my gal in ZP....did u go to the maths workshop last sat? i dun rem seeing you...
btw, u got in as a PV for rulang? i rem u wana try rulang rite?
dharma class...havnt survey lah... i have a lot of things i wana let the kids try....but sometimes weekend just too lazy to make the first move.

A's dad, i rem alicia in ZP rite? so tom u going to their annual concert? my mum is complaining about the tickets price....she cant believe a concert costs so much.....hahaha...cos last time when jo-van in st francis, no tickets....can invite as many people as i wan....

bboomer71, Mom2nat,
Can we compromise to meet around 3-4pm, is this alright?

Stressma,
We are there for the concert, did you go?
Alicia performs in the kungfu, and western top hat dance, and Adrian in the hawaii dance. The tix price is pretty common, for this type of venue. What is your gal's name, and which class? The VCD and pictures will be on sale soon, and I think your mum will complain again...hahahaha...cos it's not cheap
sad.gif

A's dad,

yes i went to the concert. my gal's name is jil-lene. she performed in the japanese dance. the 2nd dance. adrain is in zoo kids? at least yours is more worth it, watch 3 performances for the price of 1! do they always let the K1 perform 2 performances? i think i saw Alicia in the kungfu n western top hat dance. i like the western top hat costumes....very nice. hahaha....i told my mum abt the vcd and pictures already....

Stressma,
hehehe...you cannot miss Alicia
happy.gif
I like the Jap dance costumes, very colorful. Adrian is in Zoo kids. He is the boi in purplish/red hawaii shirt and white shorts. At least we can still use the kungfu costume for CNY, but for the top hat dance, I guess it's going to be on the hanger now..hahaha...

The number of dances, it depends. Last year, Alicia was in N2, but their class had 2 performances as well.

Bboomer71/Mon2nat,
OK, I will change it to 3pm.

Time : 3pm- 6pm (let's have some sort of hi-tea)

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family
2. Mom2nat and family

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family
2. Mom2nat and family
3. Valencia and family

Very pai seh. I may not be able to attend aft all. My bro has asked us to go Penang over the Christmas weekend.

Definitely want to meet up with you guys though. Would arrange for lunch nex year with some of you ok. Promise.
happy.gif

As requested, I'm here to put my name.
happy.gif

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family
2. Mom2nat and family
3. Valencia and family
4. pigletz and family

Koala,
HaiYin is at Geylang, there are alot of buddhist temple that offer Dharma classes there.

Bbloomer,
u got the pictures? I have not passed Tr Winnie the thumbdrive. WOW inline skating, Janelle is asking abt it sometime back but she has so many interests that I couldnt catch up with. $$ and time are the other factor.

We brot the kids to Ice Skiing last weekend. She quite enjoyed it. Since Julian is too young, he just stayed ard to watch, luckily he didnt fuss and just sat ard to watch.

Are you going to send the kids for any Math enrichment? I thot of teaching myself but I need some teaching method info. Do u know where can I get the resources?

Hi Hong,
I was in sch today to celebrate Ian's birthday. So wayang, `nowsadays' parents also invited. Janelle did not pass me the thumb drive leh.

U mean u saved the 3 or 4 pictures from the performance in it already? Janelle took the thumb drive home last week straightaway aft teacher Winnie returned it to me.

Was afraid dat it is too full for you to save your pxs inside. (Can get around it by transferring all the pxs in the thumb drive into folder in your PC first i.e. clear the thumb drive. Add your pxs to the folder, then save all at one shot. So long-winded, sorry!)

The skating was at Toa Payoh East CC. Worth it coz big discount on the CC class compared to if you join the school running it directly, Inline Fusion.

No more time and resources liao. Maths, i found this P1 Maths assessment published by Marshall Cavendish, fr Popular. The topics seem to match those taught in sch quite well. You could check it out.
happy.gif
Personally I like Kumon for maths, if you can afford the time & $.

Mom2Nat,
Since i may not be able to join you guys (unless my trip falls through), nex time, if you do lunch, perhaps can ask me along.
happy.gif

Bboomer71,
Janelle told me she has returned to Ian. Let me check with her tonight. Dun worry, still available storage when I trf the pictures over. I only trf pictures that has Ian.

3358297.jpg
3358298.jpg
3358299.jpg

Hi everyone, I've finally took some time to come in here and take a look. Have been very much out and about with the kids. With three super active cheeky ones buzzing around me daily, I totally agree with B2, three are indeed a handful, so fun and so tiring altogether.Everyday they fight and play heartily without fail. Someone told me thats how they grow closer in bond. I take that as a consolation whenever i get so sick of the fights. I just thank God i still have the stamina to enjoy them as much as i can
happy.gif

Hey all of you, enjoy your Christmas meetup! We'll be following my hubby to U.S this Christmas for his job posting for half a year. Then come back next year to register Alicia for P1. I'll be juggling all three by myself there. I'm looking forward altho busy with the logistics. I prob might come into this forum more often again especially if i'm stuck indoors during cold winter there.

Alicia's dad
I have been sending my gal to Berries for a year. She loves it and she had made vast improvement in all aspects. They make learning a fun, stress free and interesting experience for the kids there. You may wanna consider.

Koala
Your sengkang place is still a weekend resort? Hardly ever bump into you at the mall leh

Stressma
Hi. I believe we were all stressed at the start when we join this forum in 2004. Green horns with no parenting experience. Now, definitely more relaxed
happy.gif

Kite making
3361876.jpg

Hi all

Just came back from Clubmed bintan. It was very fun. Nat enjoyed it a lot. Elliot fell ill on 1st day... But ok lah, my maid and mom went, so not so siong.
happy.gif

bboomer71,
It's alright. We can have another one next year. If your trip fell through, please come by to join us.

Pringles,
Which part of US will you be going? If I happen to be around there, can look your family up for a drink..hahaha....it can be lonely over the weekend when I am in the US
happy.gif
Thanks for your recommendation.

Mom2nat,
It must be very fun in Clubmed
happy.gif

RE: Sharing
This week, for once, I decided to call off the school bus so I can take the kids to and from school for their holiday programs. My goodness, it's not an easy task, especially when it is raining. I can now understand how it is being a SAHM. One thing I know, you can forget about looking good when you have to jurgle the bags, craft works, umbrella (when raining), and making sure the kids cross the road safely.....

RE: Gathering

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family (pending
happy.gif
)
2. Mom2nat and family
3. Valencia and family
4. pigletz and family (thks!)

Emily? Hazey?
I will SMS Giggler, Brenda, QSG, Koala...and update again.

RE: Gathering (Update)

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family (pending )
2. Mom2nat and family
3. Valencia and family
5. Giggler and Kiddoes
6. Koala and family
7. Brenda and family
8. Sanrio and family

Wow, if it gets too big, I will book an area for us to meet
happy.gif

Mom2nat
Did nat get drunk after the drinks at club med?
happy.gif
She must have enjoyed doing the indian dance. So spontaneous of her.

Alicia's dad
We'll be at Boston. You will have to post a photo of yourself first so that i can recognise you if you pop by for a visit.hehehe!

Pringles
Ay, if A's daddy visits in US, can't be so hard looking out for a chinese man among the ang mohs lah.
Hee... you have 3 buzzing bees ard, tats how you keep so slim mah!
Nat drank and drank and drank juices!! I saw them during snacktime, wah, Nat ah, aim for "shng bao".. those long stick of chilled drinks we took when young. everything sweet sweet one lah! fainted...

A's daddy
Hoho... SAHM not so fun hor... esp if your kids not in CC but 3 hr kindy kind. Rain or shine oso gotta pick up the kids, bathe, prepare their food, and oso play with them when they are home.

Maybe we can each bring some food over to your place, then you no need to prepare so much.

A's dad,
Now i feel bad. I page for u to organise the gathering but i will not be able to make it. Will be away for x'mas weekend.

Re: pIcking up children
Not only a issue for SAHM. I'm one of those mummies that will juggle with my 2 kids' full day bag and take a bus home. Initially during raining times, still need to carry the younger one. Umbrella, kids and 2 bags.... Plus my own work bag... Ok lah... get used to it after a while.

Pringles,
Great to hear from you again. Will u be sending the kids to the kiddy in US?? Otherwise i can feel your pain to manage all 3 kids plus chores 24 by 7. I mean even drs go off call but SAHM???

Pringles,
We have a plant in Boston, but I never go there. The business unit I am with, typically meet in CA
happy.gif
. I love CA's weather
happy.gif

B2, Mom2nat,
I really pei-fu all of you. I usually prefer to go places where you can park, walk a few steps to the final destination type of places...hahaha...

B2,
No problem. U enjoy yourselves with your family.

Who is coming:
1. bboomer71 and family (pending )
2. Mom2nat and family
3. Valencia and family
5. Giggler and Kiddoes
6. Koala and family
7. Brenda and family
8. Sanrio and family
9. Hazey and family
10. Ruffy and family

I will send out the details later
happy.gif

Mom2nat
Ya. Shirley. Who else? Lapbooking class for Png Png. Hv u brot Nat to her lapbooking class b4?
Chen Chen attends abacus class at his cc.
Phor Kar See is the temple dat bboomer n Hong mentioned
Elliot looks gd in size fm pic Png Png slims dwn a lot
Clubmed is v relaxing but I can't stand the cruise there. 1st time slept both ways. 2nd time puke came back I zzz......
Nat took part in the Indian dance at clubmed? She v sporting. Dun think Chen Chen dare join in

Alicia's daddy, stressma
3G abacus uses 10 beads . Tradition abacus uses 5 beas (Japanese), 6 beads (China). 3G abacus is easier to master as kids learn multiple of 10. 10 times table easier than 5 times table

Alicia's daddy
On leave still need to work. U r indispensable
Thx for updating my attendance. Abt 40 pax. U gotta book a plc liao

Giggler
BGJ in Bt Batok. Too far for me.

Bboomer
pc classes for K1 Wow! Is your child addicted to pc? I din let my son attend any class on pc, infact ban him fm using pc He is addicted to pc
How do u teach your child English? Do assessment or ??
U r v well prepared for teaching your child when in P1 since u know wat topic r taught in Pr school

Hong
Geylang not v convenient for me

Pringles
Wow station in US for half yr. Envy. But tough handling 3 kids all by youself plus hse chore. I handle 2 already peng san
Where is the Berries dat u sent Alicia to?
Yep, my plc is still a wk end and holiday resort. It wz ages since we last met. Alicia turns into a beautiful little gal now. U still look slim and sexy. Your youngest boy looks big. How many mth is he now?

Who is coming:
1. Mom2nat and family
2. Valencia and family
3. pigletz and family (thks!)
4. Giggler and Kiddoes
5. Koala and family
6. Brenda and family
7. Sanrio and family
8. Hazey and family
9. Ruffy and family
10. QSG and family

I will PM all of you my address.
We will cook curry, with bread, and some finger food. You are welcome to contribute some food
happy.gif

Please reply my PM for your confirmation.

Welcome to my humble home. I guess it will be a little tight in space..hahaha...but I guess we can use all the available rooms
happy.gif

hello everyone!
Came in to send early christmas greetings and just nice...a gathering! please count us in!

Who is coming:
1. Mom2nat and family
2. Valencia and family
3. pigletz and family (thks!)
4. Giggler and Kiddoes
5. Koala and family
6. Brenda and family
7. Sanrio and family
8. Hazey and family
9. Ruffy and family
10. QSG and family
11. Viv and family

Will try to see if I can make some cupcakes for the gathering.

Viv, both your gals so big liao!!!
happy.gif

Really looking forward to the gathering this Sun. The feeling is like meeting long lost frens leh. Hehehe.... I'll prob buy fishballs.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

good morning everyone
happy.gif

Thanks for coming to our humble house.
I hope you and your family have fun.
If there is any shortcomings, please accept our sincere apologies
happy.gif

Wishing all a Properous new year
happy.gif

A's daddy
Thank you for inviting us. We had a great time... paisey messed up your place. Made you so busy oso... and thank MY, she had to prepare so much food. You are a great host!

Sorry I wasnt there at the gathering. Erhm, trip to Penang fell through (overpriced air tickets coz peak period), and i cudnt peel my b*tt off the couch to pop up on this forum. (Lame, lame) Also bit tired out from our vacation in Beijing. Will hv to meet up the next time...
Anyway, happy new year everybody! Here's a px of my kids at the Great Wall. They are posing as Ben & Gwen (Ben 10).;P

3444398.jpg

Hi hi everyone!

Hope you had a "bearry good year for 2009" and here again wishing you.... wading thru year 2010 "like a piece of cake"
happy.gif

3449687.jpg
3449688.jpg

Viv
Your gals r pretty!!

Alicia's daddy
So sad dat we missed the gathering. My boys were sick n stuck at home in the end.

Wishing everyone a terrific and colorful 2010!!

Good Morning Everybody,
Its a brand new Year!!!!
Gosh, its the year for our kids to register for Primary 1. I'm not sure if i'm nuts but i sort of feel sad that my kids will be bonded with books, schools and studying for the next 10 years (at least!!!) No more taking a break and not going to school bcoz mummy is taking us out for a day. I feel sadden that they will be bogged down for such a regimental lifestyle. And by the time they are done with studies, its the big work force. Sad eh?

Back