(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

mummies,
My boi is 3 mths old today. I sang a bday song to him jus now. I siao mummy. Thks for all ur encouragemt these few days. Not sure if his ulcer is recovering cos still need to coax himto drink milk. Colic has improved slightly. Phew...

shook,
Puddington bear? Hee hee. U so funny
happy.gif

sahm,
No lah, i never dress my boi like that intentionally. It was a gift from my cousin. Why u want to make the same cake for ur boi every yr? He likes Paddington bear alot? Next time, I'll let my boi choose his own bday cake.
happy.gif

Giggler,
How r u now? 3 days MC, must be v serious n swollen eyes, nose v stuffy izzit? Hope u r better by now.....

Skyblue,
I changed my mind...think kids luv varieties....so not going for PB every year.

Lyn,
Sometimes when I read ur posting, I imagine u a 'mafia' daughter....v gutsy, v hao shuang...hahahahah.........
Tks so much for the info on the bd cake.....really appreciate on the ecreative referral. Look gd but how is the taste?

Stylobb,
I prefer Lyn's ecreative recommendation. Find the dino there, be it 3D or not, they look nicer than smiling orchid....U go check it out, see how.......

Lyn/Jo/Shook/Skyblue,
I nvr into any PB or cutie thingy since young...so now as mum now, I have to think frm a kid's perspective...not easy. I want something simple, nice but appealing to kids....headache. My sis says just a bd cake, get it frm my estate lor...BUT.........me pretty choosy
happy.gif

Jo,
There are really many factors to take into consideration when comes to choosing childcare. My boy went there at the 16th mth....my concern was more of proper bbsitting him since he was at tender age still....dun know how to talk etc.....so I settle for a center with lesser kids.

Feeling towards the C/C for kids v important too......got gd recommendation for 1 particular C/C. Went there, oh boy, I sweat v badly n the director said it could be I was expecting.....then I turned to see my boy.....whole head n hair wet!!!! I shared this school with my frenz recently.......she went with her boy. Half way thru the conservation with the director, her boy went out of the C/C (private hse)...she tot he was keen on the little tikes slide outside....who knows the boy stand at the gate n wanted to get out! They proceeded to another C/C n the boy played happily there! So feeling....v important, just like selecting flat.....
happy.gif

Many so called gd school has many kids 50 to 70 kids......I am not too comfy with this huge ratio of kids to teachers........

U can refer to a handbook called Young Parent Preschool Guide.....they have all the listing of C/C in singapore.

sahm, i tot C/C only accept at 18 mths? So what exactly is the minimum? Is it a full day thingee or half day?

<font color="0000ff">sahm</font>
Blur me, it was this dino that I saw! How? Nice or not? So I looked at the right one! Hhehe..

Hi styloBB, hopefully I can recover by the weekends.

Hi soyabean, just went in to Edi's webbie. It's very nicely done, you really put in a lot of effort leh.

Hi lyn, ya lor, must pay $15 for each entry. And it also states that you can submit more than one photos but one photo means one entry. Bottom line: must pay $15 for every photo you submit. Just got a feel that they out to earn money from us leh.

Hi jo, issit? Then may not due to bfg lor.

Hi sahm, now eyes pain pain for staring into PC to clear my stuff for the past few days. Sigh

jo, really no prob.

sahm, me no mafia gal!! but me v.ez go personality. as for the ecreative.com - duno where they got their cakes frm - so not sure of the taste. coffeebean give cream as if free!!! must request to cut back on the cream if u ordering frm coffeebean.

i personally love the too too train design.

mummies, me goin off liao - must finish my files asap. hubby fetching me frm work (1st time since we bought car) he giving me surprise treat for my dinner - sort like going on 1st date - so excited.

but like sanrio - me missed jerald when i dun get to c him....

chat later....

Lyn ah...today not ur bd mah...tml then is leh....tonite candlelight ah! Enjoy!

Stylobb,
I kind of like the design frm this link....NICE n many varieties....Their dino design NICE exceept 1 with the pink border..eeeEEEEEEEeeee! but hor, dun know TASTE nice anot leh? Seems like if I order, I will be the guinea pig....n then I feedback 2u b4 Jan!
happy.gif
heheheheh.........

QSG,
The director appealed for me........normally no problem one......want pple to give birth, then they must help lor..........hahahah

<font color="0000ff">joey</font>
At first I thot wah joey so nice, ask me to attend gathering, then hor I realise you are after my mum's agar2...heheeeee....

Sahm, i find the cakes kinda ex leh very big somemore like minimum 2kg. Nice though. For your kids, ni zhen se de
happy.gif

hi sahm
thanks for sharing with us ur experience. i will take note. looks like choosing a childcare is not as easy as i think...

<font color="0000ff">sahm</font>
That's the problem, look nice may not taste nice...Bakerzin has yummy cakes but no design, looks normal. Cedele has nice cheesecakes too.
I thot first b/day mah, let him have a nice looking cake lor..yeah, I was wondering if they do it in another colour cos I dun like green and pink leh..

hi lyn
so good, got surprise dinner... my hubby never give me surprise dinner.... when i complained to him, he said last time gave me surprise gift, then i fussy and told him not to waste money... so he play safe, don give me any surprises liao :~~~

oh anyway gals...
i wldnt be able to attend the gathering on 18 dec. will hv to attend a full mth party then at nite go for wedding dinner.

hey! hv i mentioned tis earlier already? gosh... my memory getting more and more terok.

giggler...
hehe... ok lah... i got time then will go in and update....
happy.gif

Jo,
Not easy at all.....it is like 2nd home to our kids u know.....somemore if u see no passion frm the teachers, can walk out liao.......tealady also v important.......

QSG,
Hmmmmm....me bu se de for myself but my kids ah.....hehehehhe....like u say lor....
happy.gif

Stylo,
Find the colour combination ok leh...the green goes well with purple for the dino n the cake yellow...ok leh................

Think changing of colours shd not be a problem!

stylobb, sahm
wah..the cakes so expensive! hv u tried Lana's cakes ? the choc cake v yummy but dunno if they do fancy design or not. i deciding whether to get cake for my girl's 6 mth birthday ...been eating so much cake, now my figure also round round like cake!
happy.gif

giggler
take care ..rest more and drink more water.

lyn
enjoy ur date tonite!so nice of ur hubby. i haven't had those 1st date feeling for a long time ...hubby not v gd at planning surprises.

Pic of Jana's maiden feed. One n only photo of her maiden feed, the rest all corrupted cos my CF card spoil
sad.gif

230040.jpg

soyabean
my confinement lady squeezed my girl's nipples, she said that this will help prevent inverted nipples, dunno how true lah. Interesting thing is that there's milk coming out from my girl's nipples ! hubby said v good , she can breastfeed herself
lol.gif
. a pic of her in her birthday suit ... nei nei bigger than her mummy's !
lol.gif
230039.jpg

emily
yes i m still xpressing but amt reduced to half, even tandem pump oso not as much as the past (or is it chen chen latch on shorter time?) Feel v depressed whenever i c the pathetic amt. If not for a feed replaced by solid, I m unable to top up amt Chen Chen consumed while I m working
I gave chen chen brocoli + bm for his madien feed. I hv not introduced cereal yet. will start wif veg then fruits then cereal
oh the milk cereal contains cow milk, I m interested in brown rice cereal but not cow milk. thx

Jo
I love cookies muz try your home made cookies
I love agar agar wif coconut too

Lyn, Jo
Coconut agar agar difficult to make ah, I thot juz add coconut last will do. i hv not made it myself. Saw my mum making it like quite simple, may b her skill is gd. How u tell the agar agar is spoiled?

Lyn
Njoy your candle light dinner

Giggler
Your flu muz b then serious dat your eyes swallow n blur. Take a gd rest.
Yes yes muz b your bm dat makes Vane strong
Ya I only gave Chen Chen veg, no rice cereals or brown rice or porridge

Pringles
So sorry my mum 4get the recipe for green bean + egg to cure ulcer liao. She advised u to gargle wif salt water or use yu na bai yao. She said salt water is the best

QSG
Your 2nd boss so nice lend u his rm for xpressing.
U still can afford to shop during lunch time, so envious of u.

skyblue
Oops, spelling mistake
Gd dat your boi is getting better

soyabean
the website u did is xcellent!!
edi's photo when he wz 1mth old wif a teddy bear kissing him is so cute. he looks so scared. his expression v cute

Pringles,
I got 1 set. It is okay.. I prefer it to the playpen coz this one you can get inside and play with bb it also have some toys on 1 panel for him to play with.

foreverfriend n mummies,
i m back. 2day hubby took leave stay at hm look af ashrel n i wen makan n shopin w frds. kind of miss him but was a gd short brk. hubby said ashrel v 'guai'. i left hm at 10.15am n ashrel nap fr 10.30am to 2pm! whenever i at hm w him, he only nap half hr. hubby put him on car seat to fetch me in d evening, he oso din cry. hmm...tink he v 'yang oh' w mummy n like to bully mummy. wen ashrel saw me, he put his head on my chest n 'yang oh' agn..
oh i bought fisherprice peek a block train for him, taka having 20 + 10% for card members, so crowded, lots of gd buy.
nowadys shopin is all for him, nothing 4 myself.

giggler,
hope u feelin beta. flu is terrible. i had it 2wks ago n whole body ache. c u n vane on 18 dec.

sahm, viv n foreverfriend,
the bb pic all of u posted v v nice. yup, all bb are so adorable. mus cont to take more pic. oh, i bought a pic frame fr taka. let me describe.. there is 1 oval shape each fr birth to 11mth (total 11 oval shapes for fotos). under the oval, they will put birth, 1 month, 2 month n so on... right in the middle, there is a big oval for bb 1st b'day foto.

soyabean,
u so diligent. nice website n edi so so cute. i did the website but din update. tink foreverfriend n u saw it. latest was ashrel fotos up to 1mth old. hm pc not as 'efficient' as ofice one, keke...

<font color="0000ff">viv/sahm</font>
Yeah, quite a sum to pay. Yes, I like Lana cakes, soft and moist. No pattern one. If you want them to write words, they charge extra!

Viv,
I tot I saw Elyse.....some foto of elyse looks abit like Jana......she seems like lying dn during feed!...no rite? Ayoh, wat spoilt?.....I heartache, those gone with the wind shot!

Stylo/Viv,
Yah....heard that Lana's cake is top rated but also at those private estate rite...jalan kayu?? no pattern n no delivery.........

Sanrio,
U wrote lines after lines, I only register most 'wen ashrel saw me, he put his head on my chest n 'yang oh' agn'.....so sweet darling.....
happy.gif

Ayah ashrel shd misbehave a little, so tat hb knows sahms not easy life. Hb also initially told me 'nothing leh, so easy........sleep so long'.........xxx@#**** frm me......then as he handles them more, he peng san! hahahahah....

Jo,
Hygience in C/C v important. Tealady cum cleaner must not have attitude problem!

Jo/Lyn/Stylobb
Headache.....the bd cake........hb n I decided not to go for ecreative.....cos dun know tasty anot.

Getting cake for 1 yr old boys is easier....they dun know anything. By 2, they seem to have their likes n not.

My son likes choo choo train.....me sianz leh....BUT remind myself got2 see things frm his perspective! FOUR LEAVES cakes nice anot? Their breads ok but wat abt cakes? mummies, any feedback?

Emicakes........their classic cakes nice but not the kids range..........haiz, got gd taste, no gd look. Got gd look but dun know nice anot?

Have to decide by this week......

morning mummies
very sleepy last night baked chocolate chips cookies... later will let my colleagues to try nice or not...

hi shook
the last time i made, when i pour the agar2 to coconut layer... they blended together... so spoilt...

hi sahm
wow... u were awake at 1:30am??? gosh... so good to be SAHM hor... so flex. me every morning feel like taking urgent leave to sleep more.

sahm, i have tried 4leaves chocolate cake, i think very nice... not sure about other flavours. but i look at the designs... very sweet type maybe not suitable for boys hor?

Sanrio
Your hubby so sweet. U deserved a break. I like dat it too when Chen Chen put his head on my chest or shoulder so heartwarming
Can imagine the photo frame u bot, nice to c how Ash looks like thru the 12 mth in 1 photo frame. Is it big? U gonna hand the frame in his rm?

sahm
Realize your boi's 1 yr old cake is exactly the same one my hubby's buddies had to celebrate their can't remember how many yrs anniversary of friendship. They call themselves something like Man United

Jo
My mum pour the thick coat of coconut last n stir for a while then let it cool. The thing I dislike is the layer of coconut is always v thin. When u pour the thick coat of coconut? Did u stir for a long time?
Wow u so nice, practise your baking skill b4 u bake for us
kiss.gif

I gotta entertain my colleague fm Korea tis Sun. Thot of bringing her to Botanic Garden. She doesn't like shopping. Headache. If it rains or sun too strong (not suitable for Chen Chen), dunno where to go. Any indoor suggestion? Any suggestion of where to eat ard Bugis area? Muz b nice n cheap, my co v miao

sanrio
glad u enjoyed urself!! hey, if ur hubby is going to let u take another "one day leave" again hor, let me know lah... i take leave and we go shopping together! haha...

viv...
haha.. ur hubby so farnie... and the pic taken so artistically leh... the rubber duckie cover jus the correct part. haha...

shook...
if i were an indian in ur coy and hv a room, i wld lend it to u for expressing oso.
happy.gif

speaking of ulcers, i hv got 2 big ones in my mouth. dunno if it hormones or wat, i always get them at least once a mth, and usu b4 my menses come. and i never got any when i was preggy.

thanks gals....
hehe.. thanks for ur comments on the webbie. hope u all gals like it.. i will use it to keep u all updated of edi's progress.

Shook, before i return to work, i sent second boss an email explaining how difficult to build up supply and a waste to give up now and no other rooms available,etc and ask to borrow his room, think even though he may not understand (he is married with no kids), it is hard to say no. But bec i dun want to inconvience him too much, i end up having to dash out to get a quick bite or tabao most of the time so that i can finish pumping before he returns from lunch. When he is on leave, i will be able to shop abit
happy.gif
Where is your working location?

Yesterday talking about agar agar with coconut so ciao last nite went to mum's place for dinner she made that and i get to eat it.

hi shook
i have already gave up agar2 with coconut... not easy leh...
as for cookies... i think i don have the measurement cup, so my colleagues said too much flour and not very sweet (they said cookies must be sweet) cos i substitute sugar with icing sugar (see lah... gei kian.... so really got to follow the ingredients next time)... hope got chance to practise again before baking for u mummies next weekend...

she does not like to shop? outdoor-sentosa, little indian, chinatown. as for indoor-............... wow... can't think of any indoor activities except shopping...

Hi lyn, today your birthday? Happy Birthday!!! So you enjoy your dinner last nite?

Hi Viv, thanks. I feel much better today liao. But my building got fire drill later, wondering if I can be excused. Sigh.. My friend told me to squeeze my gal's nipples too. She said that it help to enhance her breasts when she grows up. But I never try lah. How come your CF card spoilt?

Hi shook, my bm also very pathetic recently. With my flu and menses (again), the amt is miserable. I've already stand-by fm for my mom just in case liao. Just hope that I'll never need to open the fm at all.

Hi sanrio, it's good to have a break hor? Sounds like Ashrel only bully mummy leh.
happy.gif

Hi QSG, wow your mom 'peeks' into this forum too? If not, how she knows we're talking abt agar agar? ;)

hi giggler...
sori to hear abt ur bb ss.... jus dun give up lor... work hard and ur ss will come back.

btw gals...
nw edi dun reali like to lie on the bed... he prefers to be sitting uprite... but yet he cant sit on his own... any ideas wat i can get for him? i was thinking of bumbo leh... but dat one quite ex... dunno worth or nt...

lyn, where to meet for giving you the samples? Where do u stay?? Me not going to Nat's place coz have to go chalet in Ubin on the same day.

shook, me also sad about ss down... poor ethan has to start solids early cozof that... at first ss down coz stress and no time to express in office... I am just maintaining at 1 surplus in the freezer... so sad. Ai yeah... what to do! Now we give Ethan solids in the morning and afternoon one teaspoon of cereal each mixed with expressed milk. If he not enough, then maybe an hour later give 100ml of milk. So far he is surviving okay in the day before I get home. But yesterday he refused to eat both times, then have to put the cereal in the milk to drink ... to thicken the milk and make him fuller coz only 120ml per feed like a little too little, yeah? Besides, he seem to feed only every 4hours...
say, how are bbs here coping with milk?? How much do they drink now???

QSG, u are so lucky to have understanding boss about the ss. U know my boss, I sent him sms telling him I cannot stay OT to work one day coz my bb have no more surplus in freezer and cos at 4pm he just finished his last bottle, my boss immediately called me to scold me and told me not to send such sms again... and HE is a married man with 2 kids!!!
sad.gif
so sad... me going to change job soon... it is because of this job that make my ss low and they don't understand...
sad.gif

Hi soyabean, I won't give up as yet. Me still pumping hard.
happy.gif

Hi Emily, my gal is taking 5oz per feed every 3hr. And she's taking one feed with either brown rice or rice cereals. My ss not really enough for her too so thot of thinking of supplementing another feed with rice cereals instead of fm. What do u think? Your boss so rude. At least my boss didn't make much noise when I go for my pumping session and he doesn't expect me to stay OT esp with bb now.

soyabean, some of the mummies here bought bamboo chair as a alternative to bumbo..u can consider that since much much cheaper.

Lyn, if you meeting Emily to get brown rice samples can "dong bang" you to help me get a few from her as i stay kinda far from where she is?You can pass me at the gathering next sat or one of the working days at raffles place if you din manage to get it before the gathering.

Emily, while my colleagues usually stay in office until quite late despite nothing much to do, i dun care about creating good impression, i try to leave on the dot whenever possible as i need to rush home to pump and bring bb home. In fact, i told my 2 bosses, if anything urgent let me know early as i need to rush home to pump.

So in the end what your bb drink since no BM for that day?

I also thinking of quitting to become sahm soon bec this job no prospects for 4 years no promotion and pay is so low far below market rate.. tell people my pay people think i joking. Another reason to quit is i can't tahan bringing bb to and fro parents place everyday..too tiring and rush plus my back injury. BB starting solids in 1.5 months time and like very luan since 1 day at in laws place then next day at my mum's place. Difficult to monitor her for any allergies like that. On the other hand, i afraid i will get too bored if dun work and no $$ to spend like in the past...dunno how in dilemma but think most likely may quit.

If we drink cow's milk and bb is okay does that mean they can take cereal with cow's milk too?

Soyabean,
Tat was wat happened to Randall and I sim tia tai bought the bumbo for him. BUT..guess wat?? Yest my mum told me tat Randall din wan to be in the bumbo and he bend his kneen, foot touch the floor and push his butts up and trying to get out fm it. Isnt it dangerous???

Sanrio,
Randall oso bully me
sad.gif

Shook,
Bring ur colleauge to night safari. Haha...tat was wat I did last sat when my Indonesia counterpart came to SG. Nite time not hot :p Initally she wanted to go to Sentosa but Sentosa those places of interest gotta pay $$$...bo hua :p

Emily,
Last wk I was rushing to do the mth end closing and my ss really drop. Can be as low as 120ml. Cant even meet up to Randall's dd. But this wk, my boss on leave. I be tow kay. Haha... Everytime I pump at least 180ml. So, stress really contribute to the drop in ss.

QSG, being sahm doesnt neccesary means you'll have to be stuck at home doing nothing but take care of baby. You can always bring your baby out when you meet friends for coffee/lunch/shopping and still have an active social life. No deadlines, boss's face, office politics, rigid routine, back-stabbing coworkers, work stress, etc. Instead, you have freedom to plan your day and do what you want to, go shopping on quiet weekdays when malls are not packed, and most importantly can witness all your baby's progress. No doubt the responsibility alot heavier to look after baby, but because baby is yours, so definitely worthwhile. For me, I really enjoy being a sahm very much.
happy.gif

Emily, aiyo, a father of 2 being so unsympathetic! My guess is that his kids could be on TFM, thats why maybe he cant see why that is a reason on your part.

val...
why nt sell ur bumbo to me at a discount then? haha...

giggler...
good! read dat u decide to bf for a yr... hmm... so r u gvg van cereals whh already has milk added inside, and not those that need to add BM?

emily...
eeks... i wld hv sort of "suan" my boss back... if it'll help to change job, i wld encourage u to do so.

Hi QSG, I give Vane Dumex rice cereal that contain cow's milk and she's alright with it. I also would like to be sahm if financially able. No motivation to work at all.

Hi Val, how I wish my ss will go up to 180ml leh. Now my ss never fill up the glass bottle one. Sigh.......

Morning mummies.........

JO>>>>JOOOOO...............JOOOOOO...JO!!
U 'nvr die' b4 ah? says sahms is flexible....as if gd life??? Hahahhaha.......now, beside Lyn, I also sound like mafia's godma!!!

U see Pringles, 1st to be at forum....kena awakened by alicia at wee hr....cant sleep.....see sanrio, not here as regularly as last time, guess ashrel needs her attention more nowadys.....me last nite send ah boy to sleep rather late(went gai gai), so after that was so called my free time......surf for cakes, talked to hb........didnt know so late liao. Skyblue also a late sleeper.....SAHMs life v challenging.
happy.gif

Wonder how is pigletz now..............

BD cake, Jo, nice ah? I may just settle for the choo choo train then.....not the best design but think my boy will be excited over it.....gd look, got taste....ok lah........tks Jo!

Childcare....start ur headache next yr lor, still ard a yr to go.........

Emily,
Ayoh, issit it so heartbreaking, disappointing n upsetting to have such not understanding boss. imagine u have been forgoing ur exam leaves for him!!!! Mean ah! If got offer, go GO GO!

QSG,
WOw....u actually sent an email to ur male boss on EBM matter! Applause.....ur future mum to be female colleagues shd be grateful to ur 'kai lu'....next time take queue number to ur boss's rm........
happy.gif
........gd move!

Shook,
Tot I saw my sis let the agar agar hardened a bit in the fridge 1st, then pour the layer of coconut over?

U all v gd......bakery, cookies, cakes, agar agar....so capable...jo, mon mon, Lyn...........me nvr into all these........tot of those oven, mixer, measuring stuffs, I run away liao....somemore got to wash up those flour......no deal....
happy.gif

sahm, i went for early celebration cos tonite hubby nite shift
sad.gif
so he celebrated for me early. Dinner y'day at Hotel Rendezvous was VERY SINFUL!! THREW MY DIET PLAN DOWN THE DRAIN!!

btw, if you got time - can go Carlton Hotel - Cafe Vic to check out thier cakes (i held my wedding there) the cakes (esp the cheesecakes) v.nice!! y'day when to chk out the buffet selections ended up only bought the cake!! they got cute characters (blu dogs/snoopy..etc) in differenct flavours - worth taking a look!! price also reasonable!

jo,viv...ur hubby's a engineer?? mine a typical square-minded engineer!! really duno where he got this idea to give me surprise dinner!! the last time he did a surprise on me we were still dating!! tks, dinner y'day was v.gd + cake frm carlton....dun nd diet liao...

viv,seems to me ur CL abused ur gal?!! dun she feel the pinched?!?!? anyway the BM coming out think is normal - will be gone as she grows...(red them somewhere on the net..)

shook, u must prepare the 2layers separately!! must wait till one layer is solid - then u add the other - not too hot - otherwise the "ready" layer will melt - dan whole thing mixed 2gether - still can eat but poor design!! if the temp jus rite - the 1st layer will still melt (a bit) so the 2 layer sort like stick 2gether.....yummy!!!

sanrio, me 2 hv bn considering getting fisherprice toys for jerald - but must always wait till pay day b4 able to make major purchases!! Saw a walking pooh for long time - usual price was $59.90 y'day saw @ Raffles City Foyer was only $49.90!!! very tempted to buy - but me keep reminding myself he'll outgrown - now thinking should i get him lego sets instead????

the peek-a-blk...lots of designs!!! very interesting!!

ur hubby so nice to look after ashrel while u take a break!! i wonder if mine can or not?? wonder will dady bully son or the other way round???

soyabean, for ulcers me always apply bongela (correct spelling??) if all else failed, i'll jus use salt directly onto it n let it sting a while.

giggler, tks, dinner was gd y'day.

emily, would u b using the NE Lines since u mention punggol/sengkang?? my mum's plc @ potong pasir!! me staying at the extreme East - Pasir Ris near Loyang.

qsg, sure - can take for you.

emily, can pass qsg's cereal sample to me also??

sahm, u c me gd i c u gd!! actually given the choice with FINANCIAL BACKING - V.GOOD FINANCIAL BACKING... me also prefer to stay hme!! v.day dun nd bother to dress up go work - put on fake smiles...gana pinpointed by boss...etc....happy bring bb anywhere jus pack n go...so ez...got extra time can make maken for hb....

Back