2 Maids in a house !

fairyprincess case is because there are 2 kids so it's a shoo-in that you can employ 2 maids under the same household.

when i was living with my parents, my parents already had 1 maid to take care of the household. I had to employ another maid using another address (thank goodness I had another property)

I have 2 maids. The work load is separated very clearly. Both are filipino.
Maid 1: everything about my new baby is her job. washing baby cloths, taking care of her, etc. She sleeps with the baby, and follow where my baby goes.
Maid 2: Everything about my house - housekeeping, and taking care of my older kid.

Need 2 maids because Maid 1 and bb stay with my parents during weekdays. Parents are old, cannot look after bb. Maid 2 stay with me.

during weekend, I take care of bb. both maids sleep in the same room. both maids help eah other out.

Maid 1 has been with me for more than 6 months. Good with bb. look after bb like her own (she left her bb at home, came to work for me when her bb was only 3 months old! Poor thing). Very honest, bubbly, happy go lucky, open person.

Problem is with maid 2. I have changed 2 times already, and now waiting for the 3rd one to come. 1st maid 2 (A), she was older than Maid 1. boss Maid 1 around, and refused to do work. as She is also older than me, everything I tell her to do, she also don't listen. Always say "I am older, I know what to do." she also wants to boss my parents' maid and all the maids that work for my extended family such as my MIL, my BIL, etc.

When the whole family goes out, she dress in suit, and stand there and boss all maids and refused to do anything. She also spoil my husband's work cloth by bleaching. She refused to cook, clean, etc. I can't take it anymore, and send her back to her agent. Her agent sent her home!

Took a 2nd Maid 2. I was so happy with her when she 1st arrive. very automatic. do thing fast, talk very little. got along well with the other maids. Her agent told us about her sad history - abuse by previous employer....she also told her story to all the other maids.

1.5 weeks later, she changed. became very stupid. don't know how to do anything. can't cook suddenly. don't even know how to use the rice coker anymore, and became so "stupid" that she spoiled everything - including washing machine, electrical steamers, toasters, lighting, etc. Caused more than $2000damages.

I can't take it anymore, and talk to her, but she just smiled, and act blur, tell me she is deaf on one ear, cannot hear, cannot understand my english, etc. No choice. Call her agent. Before her agent could come to see her, she resigned

Her agent later found out, she found herself a new job with a Philippino Expat family that will pay her $50 more a month. She admitted that she purposely spoiled my things, and act stupid - hope that in that case I will sack her, and she does not need to pay her load anymore, as I would have already paid her agent!

I was really pissed. Got a replacement maid for Maid 2. supposed to arrive today. She failed her MOM test......Sigh!

This morning, jus pick another replacement maid....hopefully, I am lucky this time.

Maids are never-ending issue...
When u read newsaper reports, they often report on maids who are overworked so much so that i m so afraid of "overworking" my maid hence i hired 2 maids...

My family is 2 adults 2 children only. Children goes to half-day CC .. soon to convert to full day CC. So sometimes my mum comes over & witness my maids quite "cho boh" (do nothing) and often "complain" to me they got nothing to do..

Even tho i clearlyh spelt out a duty roster but becos i m busy working, i do not know if they follow closely...all i do know is if i asked them if they did their housework they will reply yes...but u will discover "horror findings" like my boys' milk bottle teats are mouldy...cup not washed clean..kitchn floor got some "remnants of food dropped accidentally" resulting in a swarm of ants there.... so sometimes i do scold them for being lazy ... Just the other day it rained while i was leaving for work, i grabbed an unbrella, boy it was sooo dusty & sticky... and i realised my shoe cabinet also very dusty....

i mean i hire 2 maids .. my 2 boys goes to half-day CC but yet my house isn't quite as clean as it should ? ? ? I have a webcam...each time i dial in to view..i will see both maids sitting down watching TV with my sons....can't 1 person watch w my boys and the other do some chores ???

Anyway i hv intention to stay home next year & perhaps send home 1 maid... i believe maids w SAHM as employers are "better behaved" and more "hardworking" cos the employer is home...they won't dare to skive....

This maid issue is really very tricky. I have one maid. I am lucky that I have a good one, and she is good enough to help me. In fact, now, I am very happy with this one. The maid before this one, was not that good, and I had to replace her. It was a headache that time to me. But now, I am relieved.

yup , i agree nv trust maids.

i have 2 indo maids currently.
both are getting quite well at tis moment
1 wil be in charge o household chores while the other 1 wil be in charge o helping me out with my 2 kids, 4mth old n 2yrs old.

i have a small family onli 2 kids , me n hubby so nt much household chores
while my babysitter maid needs to bathe or have her meals e kitchen maid wil help look aft my kids

my babysitter maid too also wil help out with household chores while she have e tm to.
while bb is slping i wil ask her to nap as i understand tat she needs to wake up numerous tm to feed my bb

my bb is slping with babysitter maid at nite in nxt door ( connecting rm) while my 2 yrs old wil slp w me
happy.gif

from e 1st day my bb sitter comes n wk for me i told her tat we v chin cai don be too ji jiao .
kitchen maid wil help her to wash bb clothes which bb sitter suppose to do. so bb sitter maid shld also help out hsehould chores when she have e tm to...

hi shinthea, me too , understand hw u feesl
without maid i wil panic too but w dem sometimes v headache..
my kitchen maid v greedy wil eat those big prawns all tis when i am nt ard... we have cctv but she isnt scare at all
but i jus close 1 eye since she is quite diligent...

both o my maids like to stay in my gals rm to chat at nite. but since no much wk to do i allow dem to chat.. but wat i hate is tat dey like to play hp . keeps smsing n v excited for waiting for sms to be in.. had told dem dat dey are onli allowed to use hp onli when dey are free and resting .. nt to use it while bz with housewk or bb
happy.gif

Looking For a Reliable Philippines / Indonesia Maid?
Kindly contact me and I'll deliver your documents and maid to your doorstep!
One to One home service

I tried hiring p/time maids because I don't like full time maids in my house ( lack of privacy).

I just hired one from FlexiHome Services.. the service from the company is horrible! Cheap rates means Cheap service, or NO service. They just want to take your money, then hope the maid leaves so they can charge you more money!!
PM me if you want to know more.
Don't go thru' what I went thru'. Go for better and more expensive agencies, it's worth the money.

Hi all, i would like to recommend a philipino full time maid who has been working with me. no agent or agency fees involved, need to process her work permit directly. she is very flexible and excellent with kids, does her work efficiently without being told. Available immediately.Pls call me for more info on 90057863

hi mus,

hmm...she came on her own & not tied to any agency? will there be any problems?

cos i am looking for one who can help me with my bb but so far hasnt found someone suitable thou.... so how do you draw up contracts for her or...???

any advice? have a maid who is more than a yr. Thking of getting a 2nd one but with the salary difference, afraid that the older one will be jealous. But can't afford to have both salaries so high.

hi, I'm looking for a indonesian transfer maid to care for kids 3 and 1 years old and doing household chores and cooking. must be very trustworthy. need in nov. she be working with another maid who is very patient too. please PM me or email at [email protected]

thks in advance!

for my situation, there is only 1 maid but serving 11 ppl (incl 1 baby)! sigh.. 2x elders (parents in law), my hb,myself and baby, 1st sis in law and husband and 2 kids (1st is 13 yr, 2nd is 10 yr), 2nd sis in law and 1 kid (10 yr old).. this is crazy..i have been telling my hb tt this is not going to work! how can 1 maid serve so many ppl?! taking care of bb is already is not easy..but the 3 other children are also heavily dependent on the maid! they need to be served! sigh.. my mil is the 2nd "maid".. she says she is tired.. but her children dun seem to do anything! at least u all r lucky!

Sorry it's not fair for 1 maid to serve so many people. Typical headcounts per maid per family: parents with 2-3 kids, or at most with additional grandparents...

Since u posted here, pls do some justice for this maid, she's a human being like u and i afterall...

sigh..been wanting to do something..but i have no say coz these r my hb's family..my 1st sis in law and family (4 pax) are living with us and they typically tell the maid to do everything.. the maid told me that she has to wash clothes 3 times a day! sometimes cannot finish coz this family change clothing every now and then!

my 2nd sis in law is not staying with us but she also uses the maid...

on paper, its my hb's name but in terms of managing the maid, my MIL will manage so as to minimise conflicts bw my hb and his sisters.. but my 1st sis in law will scold and demand her to do things!

yes she is human..but i cant do anything!

Hi Michelle,

If I am not wrong, it is against the Singapore law for your maid to serve your sis in law, their children etc.

The maid can only serve employer's parents and children.

If get caught by MOM there will be heavy penalty.

You may call up MOM to clarify.

*Think u better advise ur hubby and in laws before things get out of hand.

In case ur maid go lodge report to police, ur hubby will be in hot soup.

I checked. It is ok to serve them as long as they are staying in the same household. In my case, yes, we are all staying in the same house. The only thing is to monitor and if need be, lighten her workload if there is too much.

sigh.. i m still stuck in this @#@#$@# situation..the maid is still doing everything for that family..when preparing the school uniform of the 13 year old (i stress here.. 13 yr old!), the maid must check that there is tissue in the pocket! u mean the 13 yr old doesnt know how 2 do that? if food is not brought to her, she wun go n take on her own. So for the 13 yr old and the 2 10 yr old, my MIL or the maid has to serve them.. my mil keep telling the maid to take care of my bb so means my MIL needs to do the housework on her own? doesnt make sense rite? the idea is to get this maid is to help my mother in law with the housework and care of my bb boy.. but to me it doesnt seem so. SIGH... Wat can i do?????

Back