1st transvaginal u/s killed my baby

hinss

hi mummies~
this happened to me yesterday. i was tested positive on many hpt. i can remember vividly how excited i was when i finally see the word "pregnant" on clearblue digital last sunday..
like everyone else, i started researching on gynaes to see my baby as all websites suggest i could be in my 6-7week. after much consideration, i had decided to go with KKH Private~ unfortunately, KKH can only see me in Feb. i thought thats okay, maybe i'll start with them later. in the meantime, i'll see any private dr first, so that i know my baby is fine and I can start on the needed vitamins asap. i fixed an appt with T?C Dr Ong ??. She didnt find anything through pelvic ultrasound, so she carried on with transvaginal. within 5 mins, she told me she could see blood. i was shocked and angered~ "are you kidding me" eversince my period stopped, i had clear undies everyday. the bleeding didnt stop after the scan.. it worsened 2 hrs later.
i called the receptionist to explain that i might be experiencing a miscarriage. Dr Ong didnt dare to return my call, she made her nurse call. nurse said that maybe i was unstable, and a miscarriage can happen. she told me to see the dr again next week (of coz i will have to pay another consultation)
seriously, the damage is done, u think i would dare to step into their clinic again? i had 0 miscarriage symptoms prior to making that wrong step. and u have the cheek to ask me to pay u again?
finally that evening, i had the worse stomach cramp+diarrhea.. it was so painful that i was pale, crunching, and i juz couldnt walk. i paid that hefty $300 consultation wanting the best for my baby, but ended up killing it...this morning i am still bleeding heavily. i already booked my appt with KKH, hoping to save my body for future pregnancies.

if u ask me, i really dont buy the nurse's explanation. i searched the net all day and noticed how many women in the US and China had this issue with transvaginal u/s.

so early mummies, please STOP your gynae from using transv scan. just do the pelvic ones.. and Drs wise, consider carefully. like mine, she didnt even call to followup knowing that i had a miscarriage immediately after seeing her. $300!

Last edited:

So sad to read this, r u feeling better now?? Should rush to a&e if bleeding

thank you for being kind. i learnt from internet that what im going through is known as a natural miscarriage, without having to do an op. i juz have to slowly pass the tissues out. i'll try again when i recover.

hi mummies~
this happened to me yesterday. i was tested positive on many hpt. i can remember vividly how excited i was when i finally see the word "pregnant" on clearblue digital last sunday..
like everyone else, i started researching on gynaes to see my baby as all websites suggest i could be in my 6-7week. after much consideration, i had decided to go with KKH Private~ unfortunately, KKH can only see me in Feb. i thought thats okay, maybe i'll start with them later. in the meantime, i'll see any private dr first, so that i know my baby is fine and I can start on the needed vitamins asap. i fixed an appt with T?C Dr Ong ??. She didnt find anything through pelvic ultrasound, so she carried on with transvaginal. within 5 mins, she told me she could see blood. i was shocked and angered~ "are you kidding me" eversince my period stopped, i had clear undies everyday. the bleeding didnt stop after the scan.. it worsened 2 hrs later.
i called the receptionist to explain that i might be experiencing a miscarriage. Dr Ong didnt dare to return my call, she made her nurse call. nurse said that maybe i was unstable, and a miscarriage can happen. she told me to see the dr again next week (of coz i will have to pay another consultation)
seriously, the damage is done, u think i would dare to step into their clinic again? i had 0 miscarriage symptoms prior to making that wrong step. and u have the cheek to ask me to pay u again?
finally that evening, i had the worse stomach cramp+diarrhea.. it was so painful that i was pale, crunching, and i juz couldnt walk. i paid that hefty $300 consultation wanting the best for my baby, but ended up killing it...this morning i am still bleeding heavily. i already booked my appt with KKH, hoping to save my body for future pregnancies.

if u ask me, i really dont buy the nurse's explanation. i searched the net all day and noticed how many women in the US and China had this issue with transvaginal u/s.

so early mummies, please STOP your gynae from using transv scan. just do the pelvic ones.. and Drs wise, consider carefully. like mine, she didnt even call to followup knowing that i had a miscarriage immediately after seeing her. $300!

Ouh dear! sorry to hear that, and speedy recovery.

Maybe next pregnancy, don't go for checkup at early weeks. Usually we get appointment later was due to our pregnancy weeks. Cause if too early, Gynae unable to detect and ask you to come back next time. Waste of money.

I was appointed 1st scan to detect my pregnancy at 8th week, normal ultrasound couldn't detect still so they go for transvaginal ultrasound and there we can see the heartbeat. Still it's very risky in 1st Tri.

What I learnt from Gynae, during the few early weeks, baby is not stable. no vitamins are required. We can start Folic Acid to help baby. After the first check, then Gynae can advice what you required for urself and baby. Meanwhile just take care of food intake, rest well and don't stress. Avoid intercourse temporary cause baby are not stable yet.

Hope you are recovering soon and conceive another soon :) *hugs*

Back