1 bedder @ TMC - how much did u pay?

Hi

I delivered 2 weeks back in TMC... under assisted delivery with epi, and staying in 1-bedded. My bill is 5k, and baby's bill another 700+. After deduction of medisave, cash payout was about $2.6k.

PS: the meals were surprisingly tasty!

Hope it helps.

Hi,

I m still considering between staying in the 2bedded or single in TMC. Scare dat the cash payout is high.

ckcs

i suppose worse come to worse if yours is c-section, prob cash payout will up to 3.5k ba. so if you're comfortable with the amt, then can opt for single-bedded. more privacy in single bedded.

another alternative is to put as 2-bedded and when you deliver, can still decide. but room is subject to availability.

last sat i delivered Emer C-Section GA at TMC, staying at 1 bedded. i paid around 2k plus in cash. Charmaine, u better be prepared for the cash amt to pay. 4 bedded i wouldn't recommend, becos that day when i finally can get down from my bed, i saw the 4 bedded patients main door is always open, and no privacy at all. always so noisy.

elise, thanks for your info. May i know how much was your total bill? My sister-in-law also had emergency c-sec GA and stayed 1 bedded at tmc but she paid total cash $8k! Her total hospital bill was >10k!

Hi,
can anyone here advise me.. how many 1-bed ward TMC have??? I always heard that TMC has limited 1-bed ward and they are always fully occupied.

Hi,

I delivered at TMC just a month ago.. Via normal delivery.. Stayed in a premier 1-bedded room.. Total bill came up to $4k+, after deduction from Medisave, paid abt $2k+ in cash.. Think it also depends on the medication that your gynae may want to give you as well as your PD's charges.. And whether you are giving your child all the tests that's available..
@jynnsan: The items TMC provide will eventually be charged into your hospital bill. Things like - hand sanitizer, cotton balls, diapers, nappy cream etc..

fish, dunno how many 1 bed there is. but forever and totally crowded. just opt for 1 bed, if they are fully occupied, they can give u free upgrade. hee hee

hugomum, items include of swaddle, free baby bag with samples of powder, bath liquid, aromatherapy oil for bb massage, new born huggies starter pack etc etc. some magazines also included too.

Charmaine: my total bill was 7k+++. haven't deduct anything yet. cash paid is around 2k plus.

My was emergency c-sec GA but stayed in 2 bedded at TMC (Jan 2010), paid cash $1800, medesave $3950 + medisave $702 for baby. This includes my gynae delivery fee of $2247, and baby tests/vaccine (hearing tests, jaundice test and BCG, Hep B vaccine).

Elise, u mean free upgrade from 2 bedded to 1 bedded?

Hi Jessie, juz hap to read this thread and see your posting. This sat is a baby seminar held by pigeon. Pre registration needed. Conducted by Wong Boi Boi. There's another baby talk held by cordlife at suntec in no wrong this sat! Planning to go but I've delivered my bb way early! Gonna miss the talk. HTHS.

yes Ying. my friend who also delivered on June 2010. under gynae Lawrence Ang, told me she got free upgrade from 2 bed to 1 bed, but she only paying 2 beded charges. I'm so jealous when i hear that! walau

Hi, any experience to share with regards to Thomson Medical Centre??

I checked their website and found that they do not have their own gynae. Instead there's alot of gynae with their own clinic. Can someone advise which is recommendable.

As i called up their customer service, the lady say she's not able to recommend. And she's not being very friendly too.

Thus, hope any mummies here can advise further.

Many thanks.

Hi meebo,

I'm seeing Dr tc chang from TMC. he's quite good and friendly. Heard from others he 's very accurate with his screening as well

hi

for those who stayed in 1 beded room, its seems that there is lesser privacy to breastfeed?

is it true that the curtain is near to the door entrance, so when we want to breastfeed, are we expected to ask the guests to wait outside the room?

hi!

there are diff types of 1 bedded. can hubby stay in for all types of 1 bedded?

which type of 1 beded do u recommend?

Stayed in one bedded end June 2011. Normal delivery with epi. Bill comes up to 3k plus before medisave deduction. Had my first gal in may 2010, assisted delivery with epi only 2k plus. Tmc mentioned their rates had gone up within tis one year time frame.

i STAY one bedded for 4days 3 nite.. due to induction... i went in earlier.. anyway.. aft medisave deduction.. i still have to pay 2.2k due to the one more stay in the room.. include dinner..
normal delivery wo epi... not bad place.. except food sucks.. lol...

and parking of cars very troublesome

Stayed in their premium single bed for emergency c section 4d 3n in Jan 2011. Service was superb. My husband has his own bed, similar to mine. Served with breakfast as well. Paid about $5000 cash excluding $5000 medisave (all in).

If i request for a normal 1 bedder ward and it is not available during my stay..what will happen? Free upgrade or TMC will ask me to choose again..

Back