1 bedder @ TMC - how much did u pay?

Ling.. i also very confused with the bills..

ssmummy.. hope u are still around.. just checking... ur 1.9 k does not include gynae delivery charge.. am i correct?

Sandra.. urs also does not include gynae charges right..

According to the latest maternity package.. 1 bedded room for normal delivery w epidural is 2108.. is this the final bill.. what are the things that can be added on..approximately how much money will be added b4 we get the total and subtract medisave. From what i noe.. medisave is 1250 for hospital claim..

Anybody can advise what are the extra fees that we can expect to see in the final bill???

still thinking whether i should go for 1 bed or 2 bed

Hi jeannie, I think medical and hospitalization fees for the baby has not been added to that. Also, most hospital packages do not include things like medicines, dressings, other procedures like assisted delivery, and may have a set number of hours for the use of the delivery suite (ie. 8 hours max, beyond which, additional charges will apply), etc

Thanks cactus.. just checked already.. but not quite sure whether its for the whole pregnancy including delivery and antenatal fees or just hospital charges..

I see... my understanding is East Shore, TMC and Mt A are the cheapest of all the private hospitals. Raffles is very expensive. Mt E too. Followed by Gleneagles.

The price difference between TMC and Mt A shoudln't be too far off. If you are considering between the 2 of them, you can consider going to the place which you feel more comfortable being in?

One thing though... my SIL told me epidural is at $800/dose at Mt A. Not sur eif it is the same at TMC. That may cause the cost to increase by alot. my SIL used 3 doses.

Thanks cactus.. i confirm take tmc already.. just now sure take which bed better.. u mean they charge epidural by dosage.. wah..like that expensive siah...

Hi jeannie, yah.. all hospitals charge epidural by the number of I think canisters or bottles that you use. In SGH, if you are subsidized patient, I think epidural is only $300. The most expensive I've heard so far is at Mt A.. $800 per dose or tube or bottle or canisters or vial. Dun know how to call it.

At private hosptials, they tend to charge per usage of things.. like gloves, etc. these little things will add up to your bill loh. so have to be mentally prepared.

Yep! Normal v-delivery w/o epi. Hahaha.. well the many little things that you use(which silly me thought was courtesy of tmc.....) are also charged to the bill so be careful what you ask for during your stay.

xuanting,
all the lil things lor! haha... cottons balls.. the wash to clean the affected areas... painkillers.. anything you didn't ask for or in fact require, they just give you and charge you. You can ask them if they charge for this or that or not lor.

So if you wanna save as much as possible and have cheaper alternatives or simply find them uneccessary you can tell them to keep it! Otherwise just take whatever is given to save all the hassle lah.. after the baby arrives nothing else matters much. You'll be more concerned about bringing the newborn home(the journey, enough baby suplies or not, how to care for him, will he sleep well in his new crib, formula or breastfeed etc.) esp if it's your first child!

I was also charged all those things during my stay at TMC. I heard from the mummy in my neighboring bed that in KKH they dun charge separately for such things ( they are included in the package) cos she delivered her previous children at KKH. So the definition of maternity package in different hospital is different.

Hi all, just to check if this is how the payment procedure goes. Upon admission (say if I were to take a 1-bedded room), I'll have to pay $1200 in cash/nets as deposit. Upon discharge from the hospital, they will issue me with a bill and do I have to pay the full amount upfront before I leave the hospital or can I make the Medisave claim first and then just pay them the difference later?

hi qristeele,

the medisave claim will be incorporated into the bill so the final amt u pay will be minus that already.
happy.gif

Pig Pig, total charges should come up around 6k++ including with the baby packages.

Mine came up nearly 7k and I gave birth on May 2008 at TMC. Hubby stayed in with me for 3 nights to accompany.

Hi,
i paid abt 3k cash when discharging frm the hospital..
It includes my(husband)normal 2night stay, normal delivery wif epi, gynae, pd, etc etc...the very normal basic

hi all mummies and mtb, im a mtb too. just wanna share that Tollyjoy is having their warehouse sale on 21-23 Nov. 11am to 7pm @ 29 Changi South st 1. Gd place to buy bb stuff..
happy.gif

I signed up for FBI... personally i think is quite worth it, i signed up during my 3rd mth when i took the OSCAR scan for down syndrome. So far details scan, antenatal class & down payment for hospitalisation has 10% off. Got goodie bag as well. =)

I paid ard $3k in cash for 1 bedded in June 2008...stayed there for 3nights and hubby accompanied me for 2 nights..

Mine was normal delivery...I didnt apply for the FBI..missed out on it..

Hi, I'm new here.
happy.gif

Will be delivering in June 09 at TMC but haven't decided on whether I'll be taking the 1-bedded or 2-bedded.

My concern is that the 2-bedded may be noisy (if I am unfortunate enough to have an inconsiderate neighbour haha).

I also heard that 1-bedded tends to get charged for alot more items than the 2-bedded. Does anyone know if this is true?

Would really appreciate if anyone could advise/review on the rooms and advise on the charges in cash?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I delivered in end Oct 2008. Normal delivery with epi, 2 bedded. Cash $1.9k and medisave $2k. Includes both mother(maternity pkg, gynae delivery charges, medical supplies etc) and baby charges(PD + bb pkg + medical supplies). I used FBI card.

For 2 Bedded,
The 1st night, there was a lady waiting to deliver staying beside my bed. I think there's not enough beds in the labour ward so she was there. I was awaken by the CTG machine.
I was staying alone on the 2nd night as the TV for the other bed was spoilt. Quite peaceful.

I think it depends but the nurse always like to come in the middle of the nite to put the medicine in the drawer and woke me up for both nites. Not sure why they like to do this.

Hi Mummies,
Let me share some key points staying in a 1 bedder and 2 bedder apart from the cost.I missed those days I was at TMC for the nurses gave me ultimate care and concern and ALWAYS assuring when I was trying to BF or pee.
1. As a 1 bedder, you can request for your newborn ANYTIME. 2 bedders do not allow that unless you have no neighbour. I had my bb overnight at TMC. But only if your hubby is staying over.
2. You get more nutritious meals. In light of that, after delivery you might not have appetite, this helps alot. And they constantly provide MILO round the clock at your calling.
3. OWN bathroom, this one was my fave. with excessive bleeding and constant need to change pad. You do not want to vye with your neighbour or worse if it happens to be someone who does not practice hygiene.
4. hubby with you 24/7 and comes with proper bed. if in 2 bedder, hubby might need to stay at the waiting room or make do with a chair in the room.
I hope these factors can help determine better which type is better for you. My 2 cents worth for those who are tight in budget.
If you have normal delivery, no epi, no gas, no vaccum- definitely 1bedder.
If you have normal delivery, w epi - 1 bedder
If C-sec- 2 bedder because the cost difference is much more significant.

Mrs Koh,

Think you are referring to FBI / SBI card. I am also thinking of delivering in TMC too. FBI/SBI is a maternity savings programme privilege card which is valid for 2 years.

The incentives are as follows:-

1) Fetal assessment scan (Oscar or Detailed scan) /X-ray or Ultrasound scan (excluding laboratory tests and Amniocentesis) at TMC Level 4 , enjoy 10% savings.

2) Ante-natal courses ( Parentcraft Centre) at TMC Level 3, enjoy 10% savings.

3) Hospital Services – Savings on Total Hospital Bill Delivery .Single room - $100.00*+ off total hospital bill, 2 bedded : $80.00+ off total hospital bill and 4-bedded $ 60.00+ off total hospital bill.

*Applicable also to Deluxe, Super Deluxe and Suites.

4) If your Obstetrics & Gynaecology is in our FBI/SBI program, you enjoy a 5%+ off professional fees (delivery fee) . Max of $100+ per outpatient visit/hospitalization episode

Paediatrics is 10%+off on professional consultation fee (inpatient & outpatient)

5) Visit Thomson 24-Hr Family at TMC – yourself, spouse and new born - enjoy 10% savings.

6) If you, spouse, parents & grandparents would like to do a yearly health screening at our TMC Lifestyle Centre at Novena Medical Centre #10-14/15 Sq 2 S’307506 – enjoy 15% savings

7) Upon signing up for FBI/SBI program, Complimentary 3 books worth $48.00 (Childbirth, Breastfeeding & Childcare) which is written by our Lactation Consultant Mrs Wong Boh Boi.

8) Retail Partners that tie-up with TMC - maternity wears, baby products, milk products, confinement food and health products etc.

9) Price of card for FBI: $148.00nett, $188.00 nett (late subscription) – applicable to those who are more than 28 weeks pregnant and over

Price of card for SBI : $ 128.00 nett applicable to those who have previously delivered in TMC, $ 148.00 nett – applicable to those who have previously delivered at hospitals other than TMC and $188.00nett(late subscription) – applicable to those who are 28 weeks pregnant and over.

10) Cord blood banking for your new-born with M/s Cordlife, you can save $50.00 per year on the storage fee (start from 2nd to 6th years). For the 1st year, you need to paid a fee of $ 1,200.00 instead of $ 1,400.00 (save $ 200.00)

11) For TMC pharmacy, you enjoy a 10% savings for purchasing any products except for milk products, pampers and promotional items.

12) NEW – Free 6 months insurance coverage by AXA Life for your newborn. – Terms and conditions apply

in d single ward, does it hv fixed visiting hours? wat furnitures r there besides d bed? is it a bedroom plus a 'living room' for guests? how many tv is there?

Hi Moo Moo, thanks for the info!

Seems like there are quite alot of privileges if we were to use the FBI/SBI card. I may consider applying for it. =)

Gilbert - Think I saw somewhere that there is a hospitalisation tour whereby visitors can sign up to tour around TMC and view the facilities there. YOu may wish to find out more from TMC website.

9) Price of card for FBI: $148.00nett, $188.00 nett (late subscription) – applicable to those who are more than 28 weeks pregnant and over.

NTUC cards member who subscribe before 28/2/09 pay only S$118 if I not wrong

Hi, any mummies just delivered in 2009 and care to share the amt of cash payable for staying in a 1 bedded/2bedded/4 bedded?

sirotan (babyleon) : i gave birth to my baby on jan 09.. paid 1300 cash include the 800 deposit.. 4 bedded but free upgrade to 2 bedded.. natural birth wit epi..

Thanks trx. Wah, even 4 bedded must pay abt $1300... May I noe how many days u stay in TMC?

Btw, does staying in 2 bedded come wif lotsa disturbances? Is it also very inconvenient if we are bf?

My friend just delivered in Feb09 paid abt $4K cash after deducting Medisave but hers is c-section w epi and she stayed 4D 3N.

just to share, i paid around 1.4k cash after medisave and FBI disocunt for my normal delivery wo epi at 1 bedded stay last month including hubby stay over at 75 per nite..

i stayed for 3 days 2 nite.. is quite disturbin.. coz the one stayin nx to mi snores so loud in the nite.. as for bf u can always draw the curtain anitime.. so its ok..

Hi Elicia, is the $1.4K cash you paid inclusive of the depo? 1 bedded had to pay $1.2K on admission, right? Wow, if it is inclusive then, it is cheap compared to what trx had paid. FBI discount got how much? I am having the SBI and I heard it is only $100 off 1 bedded and $80 off 2 bedded. I dun think my hb can stay for the night coz' he gotta take care of my son. How many days did you stay in TMC? Can share the details of your bill wif me? If convenient, can pm me?

Hi trx, thanks. Oh..guess you muz been having a hard time to get to sleep. Sometimes if my hb snores too loudly, I cant sleep too..
happy.gif
I am only worried that my son might disturb my neighbour when he come visiting me. oh, btw, is it convenient for you to share your bill wif me?

hi ladies,

my due date is end of mar, still very confused , cos mine will be c section wz epi.. but it seemed ex to go 1 bedded? anyone who is in the same situation like me?

anyone wz 1 bedded , c section wz epi hospital charge?? pls share share...

rgds , tks

hi ladies,

my due date is end of mar, still very confused , cos mine will be c section wz epi.. but it seemed ex to go 1 bedded? anyone who is in the same situation like me?

anyone wz 1 bedded , c section wz epi hospital charge?? pls share share...

rgds , tks

i jus gave birth in feb and stayed in 2 bedded ward ( free upgrade from 4-bedded).mine was natural + emergency c-section..paid about $3K cash ( nc of the deposit)

my bill:
normal delivery w epi (4 bedded 2 days) - $1234
(drugs,med supplies,use of equipment) - $424.5
total hospital charges wit gst - $1774.59

doc charges(epi) - non-medisave - $325
gynae charges - medisave - $675.53
gynar charges - non-medisave - $224.47
total professional fees - $1225
grand total - $2999.59

medisave n medishield deduct (hospital) - $1124.47
medisave n medishield deduct (doc) - $550
total deduction - $1674.47