1 bedder at gleneagles: how much did u pay?

Hi all,

Just want to check. I have just done my pre-admission today. But is 2-bedder room. However, they have accepted the deposit with GST, that is $1260 instead of $1200.

But looking at the deposit most of you pay is w/o GST.

kiki80
Doesn't matter if u paid with or without GST as they'll deduct whatever you've paid up from your final bill, right?

Aspialle,
IMHO, I don't like KK. Not worth paying so much for it. In case you thought they are cheap, that's not true. I had a great time at gleneagles for my delivery.

Hi mummies & MTBs,
May I know if anyone of u attended the prenatal/parental craft classes in GlenE? Where can i find out more abt them? Or you have the info, can share wif me? Have checked GlenE's website bt they dun offer much info. Thanks.
happy.gif

jazzy,
its a basic parenting class lor. Teaches u how to bath bb, how to sterilise bb, how to prepare formula feed, how to change bb clothes, etc. The breast feeding class focuses on breastfeeding issues like how to latch bb on properly, how to hold bb, how to burp bb, how to express milk.

Hi Wendy,

How many sessions in the class? Do they have a schedule as to when they are being held? I also cannot locate it in the website...

ya its only held once a day for each class, mon-fri only. think the parentcraft one is 12noon or 1pm & the breastfeeding one is 3pm thereabouts. Cant remem exact timing liao.

btw, i meant now to sterilise bb equipment, not sterilise the baby. LOL

Hi Wendy,
Haha!
happy.gif

Thanks for the info.
So u meant both classes r juz 1 session each?
I read from the webeite, juz go & attend during the stay in the hosp?

jazzyjas,
the classes are free during yr stay in hospital.. one parentcraft session and another breastfeeding session.. abt 1hr each..
the nurses encourages new mums to attend..

Hi Ethel, thanks for the info.
happy.gif

So there r no parental craft or prenatal classes to sign up b4 delivery like those offered in TMC, Mt. A etc?

Jazzy,
there's no need to sign up. Just go for the class. Before the classes start., the nurses will ask if u're attending and encourage u to go if you're a first time parent.

If u want prenatal classes, have to pay for them. I remem it costs about $200+ for 6 sessions at gleneagles.

Formula feed
Gleneagles provide quite a big range of milk. Although my girl is on total breast milk, I remember they have NaN, Dumex, S26, Similac cuz I collect the bottles from them for storing EBM.

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the info!
happy.gif

So after delivery during the stay in the hosp, can juz go for the parentcraft & breastfeeding class?
Did u go for the prenatal classes? I am not sure if i sd sign up wif GlenE or TMC.

How many bottles u have collected? A frd's sis juz gv birth, she were not given any. Guess she din ask for it.

Ya. Just go for the class while u're there.

I did not go for the prenatal classes as they start at 6pm which is not possible for my husband or me to attend as he knocks off at 6pm and sometimes I knock off at 7pm. Besides, its very expensive. However, if you're really interested in going, better sign up for it at week 16 I think... there's some info on the class in gleneagles website. If not, just goto the customer service counter and enquire.

Initially I asked for 15bottles as I was abit paiseh. Then a mother in the forum gave me another 30 bottles and my sis gave me about 10 bottles. 2 weeks ago, I went around hospitals and collected another 45 bottles but I've finished using up all the bottles already.. gotta get freezing bags to store the excess EBM..

Oic.. the only timing 6pm for the classes huh? Then too rush for me & hb oso. I am in my 24th week now. Bt thot for prenatal class, better to go later?

Can ask for tat many?? I din know tat these milk bottles not reusable. Btw, u mite wanna consider getting the pre-sterilised milk bag from Avent, comes in 40s & 100s. Read this from 1 of the posting so dunno gd a not.

So u back to work after ur ML? Did u rest well?
happy.gif

jazzy
the bottles are reusable but I've got too much EBM.. I'm still latching on my girl and trying to introduce the bottle to her once a day now. We're having alot of problems getting her to feed from the bottle as she only wants to latch on. I'll be back to work on 17th April so time is running short. Sigh..

I cant remem the prenantal classes are recommended for 16weeks onwards or 26weeks.. maybe its 26 weeks. Better call up gleneagles customer service to confirm.

wendy, u got so much milk! i only manage to store abt 10 bottles each time n i had to pump like hell!!! thumbs up!
jazzyjas
i think the classes they offer during the stay is gd enuff.. i used epidural so no need to learn breathing etc.. i also think the midwives in the labour ward will help u along.. u will be in so much pain n i doubt u remember wat u learn in class.. like wendy said, its quite expensive... i enjoyed my stay at gleneagles.. u can sign up for the free maternity ward tour if u cant decide which hospital to go.. call the customer service..

Wendy,
Guess need patience. Still 2 more weeks to go, sd be ok.
happy.gif
So who wd be taking care of bb after u start work?

Ethel,
Have decided to go GlenE, coz then hb can stay wif us.
happy.gif
Its juz the prenatal classes i have not decided, GlenE class's timing kinda rush for us. Ya loh.. pain everythg oso dun care liao. Tat's y am considering if going for the prenatal class is a must.

wendy & ethel,
Yest went Suntec's kids mall to see the bed. Kinda ex, saw 1 we like bt cost ard $900. So ur bb sleeping w u n hb?

Hi gals,
I will be delivering in Gleneagles in a few weeks' time. I am wondering if any of you chose the Deluxe single room? Can share with me the cost please?

Hi Lyn, I stayed in their single room last year I thknk it's about 350-380. But there's 2 types of single room, one with fridge and an extra sitting area, the other is just the single room. I stayed in the one with frigde and siting area so didn't have top pay extra for hb to stay over nite. But for the other type I think have to pay extra $60 (if remeber correctly) for hb to stay over.

Hi lyn
I have given birth at Glen in mar, I have to pay extra $60 for my hubby's stay
The service was very good at Glen & I think its v worth the $ spend

Hi mummies,
how much is the difference between staying in Single vesus Single delux factoring in the cost of hubby staying over? Do we need to specifically request at the time of admission?

Hi, I am thinking of choosing GlenE for my delivery, but I've heard that their lactation consultant only do runs in the weekdays and not weekends.. is that true?

Hi Paranoidmummy,
Yes, if I've not remembered wrongly, Mrs Wong, the LC, works on weekdays only. If yours is induction or C_Sect case, choose a weekday like Monday to deliver. Try not to choose friday as u cant discharge on SUndays as no doctors around to sign ur discharge form. Actually, I think its the same with all hospitals. Doctors don't work on Sundays unles they're being recalled. The doctor on duty is not authorised to discharge patients who are not his. I'm also not so sure if the LCs in other hospitals work on weekends or not but it seems to me they also work on weekdays only.

piyo,
Single delux is a mini suite. It allows ur hubby to stay there FOC but if u ask me, I feel its not worth it unless u want a bigger room cuz the cost of a delux room is far more ($100+ extra) than the cost of ur hubby staying overnight in the single room ($70 I think). HOwever, rooms are all subject to availability on admission.

Admission times
FYI, gleneagles start their charge time at 12midnight so to make full use of ur room charges, admit urself at 12am. DOn't admit before 12am or you'll have to pay 1 night extra.

jazzyjaz
Sorry, been busy since I started work so no time to read postings. I'm taking each step as it comes la. Baby still don't like bottle much but she'll stil drink when she's hungry. No more hungry strike. Now, she's very naughty.. maid complained to me she hides the milk in her mouth and spits the milk out quietly when my maid is not looking. When she's angry, she'll slap the bottle away if my maid tries to force her to feed from the bottle so she has to feed her the EBM with her juice spoon. Lucky for me, she still accepts drinking water from spoons as she likes to imitate my actions so we kinda "bluffed" her into drinking milk from spoon by showing her the action before feeding her.

hi wendy, no problem.
happy.gif

Ur bb is how many mths already? 6mths?
bb cute leh.. must be adorable to play with.

btw, gonna start to pack the labour bag, am wondering wat basic thgs wd GlenE provide? Coz i realised the bag gonna be kinda heavy if bring too many thgs.
Thanks.
happy.gif

Jazzyjas
My girl is 5months coming monday. Are u on the package? If u are, no really need to bring anything. If u dun like wearing the maternity loops provided in the package, bring underwear and your own maternity pads. The package provides toiletries, pads, pampers, gowns etc. Bring ur own hairbrush and towel if u want to wash ur hair on the next day. Can ask for towels from them also.

Hi Wendy, wat package r u referring to? Coz i juz signed up for the 1-bedder.
So no nid to bring own pyjamas? Wd be bringing those stick-on pads.

I also signed up for the 1 bedder at GlenE. After Csection, can we wear our underwear and maternity pad immediately? Will there be heavy blood flow immediately after the op?

hi,
is there a big difference in price btwn Gleneagles and other hospitals like TMC? hubby wants us to have our baby at GlenE and my gynae is also based there. we r not preggie yet but just wana have an idea of the delivery charges,etc..=>

Hi all,

I think I'm one of the luckier one in GlenE 2 bedder :D I was there (Jul 04) for 4D3N and the room was occupied only on the 1st night. I enjoyed the whole room to myself for the other 3D2N. My son stayed with me thruout the 2 nights there cos I prefer to BF him on demand rather than the 3 hourly routine at night.

I'm pregnant again and EDD will be in Nov. Most probably will be taking the 2 bedder again.

eileen,
u r so lucky!! i was in the 2bedder for some bleeding probs for 3 nites n every nite there was someone new!! i tot i would be lucky for just one nite but luck was not on my side.
will be there end july to deliver my 2nd one and i guess i will opt for single room.
mt hubby prefers GE to TMC.. he prefers the interior.. he say more cosy??!! i prefer TMC, the rooms r bigger and there is a confinement menu.. looks delicious..
the food menu in GE was the same in dec 04 n jan 06...
sad.gif

Was admissed to GE in Dec'05 for some minor bleeding, 2 bedder but I was alone the whole day and nite.

Delivered in mid-Feb, luck is not with me this time. There for 4D3N cesearean and extended 1 nite cos my girl was in NICU for 1day. Throughout the 4D, got new natural cases kept me company.

Mrs Wong at TMC is good, I went there for lactation assistance on week2 and week 3. Location and parking is not a good choice though,

the lactation nurse in GE is also not bad.. Chew or something, cant remember. my hubby prefers the GE environment.. he say like hotel haha.. maybe cos its carpetted. i got no complains abt GE. my gf jus delivered in ME, she say she was not given diapers, had to beg for glass bottles n formula milk. they welcome bag full of advertisement instead of samples.. nurse neva feed her bb etc..
i will be delivering my second child in GE in 3 weeeks. MIL says its not everyday u go in to deliver so she say jus go for 1bedder.. :p

Paranoidmummy.....baby was in NICU during my stay in hospital, only managed to latch 2 times with assistance/guidances from the nurses in the NICU. When back home, I've problem latching and milk supply is low. As I'm DETERMINED to breastfeed my girl exclusively, my friend recommended to go TMC. The charges vary, depends on the issue and time spent there.

parking ok at GE. there is a hospital annex carpark and a medical block car park. the charges are not cheap but if u are delivering there, u can buy 2 parking tickets (perday) at $5 for whole day parking..

hi jazzyjas

you might wish to consider TMC antenatal classes and request for Ms Wong Boh Moi. heard that she's very good and patient. she will make your hubby get involved throughout the classes too ;)

I've attended Mrs Wong's class but i found not v good. She juz brief thro those general knowledge which u can read fr books. Furthermore, her classes always delayed by the previous class coz she arranges the class so pack. We attended her class started at 7pm but each time hav to start at 7.45pm n end up to last till 11pm. Sigh...

hi mummies,
can you share the costs of ur delivery at GlenE? my gynae is based there so hubby wants me to deliver there when the time comes! just want to have a picture of what to expect if medisave can be used,etc..thanks!

i took the 1 bedder and paid $1200 cash.. (after medisave) i didnt clain the $450 from medisave. inclusive of all doctors fees...

hi Ethel and PM,
Thanks for sharing!wow, so there isn't a cap to how much u can deduct from medisave? Me dun have much medisave and i am self employed, wil prob have to take from hubby's account.=P

Back