0-3 mths pregnant

Dear all

I just got back from hospital. Did ultrasound. Seems ok with a sac that measures 1.3 x 1.2 cm with slight heartbeart. Thank God!

Told the doc about the brown stain and she considered that "come red" (read in mandarin). She prescribed me a Multi-vit (elevit Pronatal) manufactured by Bayer.

Does all your multi vit contains Vit A 4,000 IU? I read somewhere before that pregnant woman shouldn't take Vit A. So confused.

The doc also prescribed me with a oral solution. Lysine, Inosite and Vitamine B12 Oral Solution. Has anyone of you taken that before? I am quite apprehensive about taking it.

The doc said both for my baby growth and to see her again for ultrasound in 2 weeks.

Tassa
During your visits to the hospital in China, did they prescribe Lysine, Inosite and Vitamine B12 Oral Solution (Brand: Tongxiao - Jiangsu Jumpcan Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd)?
Do you know if I should take it? I googled it and one person said that this is for retarded and anoxeria and is refraining the wife from taking the medicine.

Feeling stressed here.

JS baby
I didn't visit local hospital, went to expat clinic instead. which part of China r u in? Most gynae in China practise differently. the vit A content in my multi vit is 4000iu. vit A in form of beta carotene is safe. It should be safe if manufacture by Bayer. I don't really trust oral solution, only china hospital dispense that. I don't usually take medicine made by local company thru out my 8 years stay in China.
Which part of China r u in? If u r not too far from shanghai, try to get antenatal check there. think their local hospital is of better standard. I took 3hr train ride to shanghai for check up. better be on safe side esp now as bb major organs r forming now

Tassa

Tried to use the expat department in the hospital but they don't have the gynae department. I had a 5ml of the solution. Don't think I will take that anymore. I will take the mult-vit only. I cannot go to shanghai now because I will have to take plane to Shanghai and that is not advisable during early stage of pregnancy.

I have just contacted my family in SG to DHL some medication over. I can only do bedrest and stay in the house for the time being and not to do anything tiring. I can only pray now for the time being.

Hi JSbaby,

Think there are many different reasons for spotting. I had it quite frequently and traced it to a cervix polyp. aft removal, all is fine... hope u n ur baby will b fine...
happy.gif

Hi Xin,

I forgot to ask what is the reason for the spotting when I visited the hospital. Was too anxious to ask about the baby condition. However, the good news is that my spotting has stopped since I took duphaston. And I did a few blood tests to take the HCG and P levels, seem to be within normal range. Plus I also did a ultra scan, normal too with heartbeat.
happy.gif
Thank God!! My next visit will be about 1 month later which is about 11 weeks I think.

How to count the no. of weeks? I checked at different websites and they gave different answers. However, the China hospital here started counting from the first day of LMP.

Hi all,
need some advice, am 6 weeks pregnant and have been taking folic acid 5mg as prescribed by gynae, but also tried taking Anmum for the past few days (2 cups per day). I tot of getting some calcium for the baby, however, I read that Anmum contains high levels of folate as well, and consuming too much folic is not good.
shd I stop taking Anmum? for calcium comsuption, what other food can I take?

Hi zbabe

Actually you need not take any supplements for the 1st 3 months. You can double confirmed with your gynae. Max folic is 10mg,this is what i understand. so if you didnt not exceed that amount then it should be fine.

hi, I also just found out i am pregnant..but haven't find gynae yet. Any recommendation?
i am excited and at the same time also a bit worry. Me at late 30 now, many ppl told me it won't be easy pregnancy. both me and hubby just lost our job also. but we are still feel very grateful with the baby. Baby is a blessing. I am so sad to read flower_freesia sharing. It must be really hard to go through pregnancy without your husband support.

Initially i was worry too cos me and hubby don't have a job now..and with my condition right now, it's hard to find a job. but I put my trust to God's providence. As life is more precious than anything else..including material thing. We both decide to do whatever it takes including downgrade our life totally. I think all the sacrifice worth it. and I am glad my hubby is very supportive on this pregnancy eventhough his job and financial condition is really not good now. He didn't even dare to tell his parent that he is out of job, and continue to use his very tight saving to support his parent.

Hi anmaria,
dun worry, continue praying and god will provide a way out!
u'll know its worth it when u got baby in ur arms =)

Hi Anmaria,

Will be praying for you. Maybe you can see how you can find something where you can work from home. My friend was also out-of-job when she was pregnant but found a job where she can work from home. She's doing well now and even just had a second child. I'm sure you and your husband can work something out.
happy.gif

zbabe, xin,
thank you so much for your prayers, it means a lot to us. I got few training assignment recently, but my gynae said my pregnancy is a high risk one..so i tried not to take any training assignment cos need to stand up whole day conducting training. Now i feel tired so easily and catching cold for more than 1 week now. but try to eat healthy.

zbabe, i keep thinking someday i will hold the baby in my arm..and i know all is worth it :)

Hi mummies,
just found out im 4 weeks 2 days pregnant. did a scan yst and got a picture of a small 'ball'. gynae says it a sac..but she says everything will be firm only when we can see the baby's heartbeat about 7 weeks. does it mean anything can still happen? is there anything i should avoid to keep the baby 'safe'?

doc gave me lots of milk powder samples. i think enough to last till my next appt. very nice of her. im normally a big milk drinker so i find the milk powder nice, especially the chocolate one. those mummies who hate milk can try the chocolate one cos it tastes a bit like diluated milo =)

just to share my experience, my wedding date is in late nov. i never expected to get pregnant cos i was on contraceptives for many years and stopped in mid july to allow my body to return to normal. sometime last week i felt very tired and mood swings. i have been on anti depressants for years and only stopped a few months back cos i wanted to keep my body free from drugs. i took a home test to be 100% im not pregnant as i thought i need to take my anti depressant pills again. was shocked to see positive.

gynae also surprised cos ppl usually take 6 - 12 months to get pregnant after stopping the pills. im not sure to be happy or not. on 1 hand i love kids, but like flower freesia, i am worried about finance (new house, wedding banquet etc). gynae says im anemia, also slightly low blood pressure. dunno how to carry out wedding when im always giddy and tired. some more scare that by late nov i'll be about 16 weeks what if tummy very obvious?? hubby also has to carry out all cleaning, painting etc at new house cos he's very 'pang tang' say i cannot be there.

is it normal to feel so tired and giddy all the time? also feel like the stomach is very empty but no appetite when the food is in front of me. i read some magazines they say 1 - 4 months should have no symptoms at all how come i feel so sick then MS come sure even worse.

sorry for the lengthy post...guess its the 'raging hormones' at work, making me feel worried and anxious. will try to be happier cos i wan a happy baby.

Hi Babymustwear

Don't worry too much. I also didn't hv appetite during my first 3 months. In fact, I ate less than usual. My MS was not very strong though. I got tired easily after walking around for 2 hours or so too. I think these are normal symptoms although every pregnancy experience is different. Now that i just stepped into my 2nd trimester, my appetite is slowly coming back. Currently I am about 13 weeks plus..my tummy is beginning to show. However, I heard that there are also pregnant ladies whose tummies are not obvious until after 16 weeks. Everyone is different I guess.

If your hubby volunteers all the work at yr new house, congrats that you hv gotten yrself such a caring husband. So you just sit back and relax.
happy.gif
Remember not to carry heavy stuff. If you feel tired, don't push yourself. Sit down or lie down and rest whenever possible.

Can I check with you what chocolat milk powder brand did your doctor give you? I am not into milk, but if it has choco flavour, I can still accept.

thanks for the advuce JSBaby! im lucky i work for mom so have been resting the last few days. in fact i woke up at 10.30am this morning only to fall asleep again and just woke up!
hmmm..only real worried about the tummy showing but gynae says can alter the dress and probably only have small tummy like those ladies who are a bit plump.
the gynae gave me similac and anmum brand. but only anmum materna got chocolate flavour. can be taken chilled and taste quite nice. i didn't see this brand when i went to supermarket but maybe you can check online =)

Hi hi,

I am 7 weeks pregnant. Went to see Gynae when I was 4 week, cos light spotting, was given Duphaston. Now on MC for on and off 2 weeks. Dosage of Duphaston increased to 2 pills x 3 times cos had bleeding last sunday. Will visit my gynae again this thursday. Now I can see my baby heartbeat. I know I am in good hand. Now for me is baby comes 1st, and taking things as easy as possible. I have to be positive, $$, work and other stuff will eventually works out, only focus for me is to bring home a healthy baby in my arms next April-2010.

Hi All, I'm new here.

Hope someone can share with me their very early pregnancy experience or
Symptoms you encountered (if any) before you even knew you were pregnant.

I am confused and am not sure if I am pregnant. I had PMS symptons between the 02Sep - 07Sep (breast felt very full/sensitive and tender + occassional bearable cramps) Then, I had brown spotting on the 10Sep & 11Sep but it stopped totally afterwards.

I am not sure if I am pregnant cos my breast tenderness faded. On the other hand, my period is due anytime after 13Sep but it is not here yet.

If I am pregnant, why is it that my breast tenderness faded? (Though I still feel slight sensitivity and uncomfortable when my fingers press at the side) Is it neccassary to experience breast soreness/tenderness right from the start of pregnancy? If I really am pregnant, does fading breast symptons means my pregnancy is not as healthy?
Anyone here experienced fading / none breast tenderness but is still having a very healthy foetus? Sorry for the string of questions and being so direct. But I am dying to know as best as possible through sharing, what could be happening.

I know I should probably see a gynae. But this is going to cost (prob a 100 bucks if testings are involved?) So am hoping that through you all, I can come to a wiser decision.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Hi Blue4Coral,

For me I do not experience any pregnancy sympthoms for both my pregnancies - No breast tenderness/ nausea/ vomitting, etc. The only indication is missing my period for 2 weeks or more.

My advice is to go to the pharmacy, get a Pregnancy test kit and do a home pregnancy test. For me, I bought 2 kits - test 2 times to be sure.

If positive, you can go see either a GP to confirm (they will still use pregnancy test kit or thro' bloodtest). U can visit a gynae at around 6 - 8 weeks whom will do a scan for you to confirm that pregnancy sac is in plc.

Hi there.

I am new here. My menses was delayed by about 5 days so decided to test on a pregnancy test kit this morning and it's positive. Did it twice just to ensure i didn't get the wrong result.

Went to gynae just now..he estimated me to be abt 3 weeks preggy and did an ultrasound. He couldn't see anything but say it's normal cos it's too early. Told me to go back to him in 2 weeks time.

Is it true that you will not be able to see anything if u are 3 weeks preggy?

Hi Ann,

I just tested +ve three weeks back. Went to gynae but did not see anything yet. Last Sat, went for 2nd appt, so this time i can see a sac. So I should be in week 6 now.

I am in the same situation as you, but I only see the sac now, no heartbeat yet. Doc says its perfectly normal that we cannot see the sac at early weeks. So do not worry, u will be fine. Take care
happy.gif

Hi Ann

If I didnt remember wrongly, when i was 3 weeks or 4 weeks, a pregnancy sac can be seen.. , guess every pregnancy is different. Since your gynae advises you ot go back in 2 weeks' time, then just follow his/her advice. Not to worry too much in the meantime.

Hi Ann,

Yes, Preggy sag ususally is visible at ard 6 - 8 weeks. Unless the scan is done by very experienced gynae.

I was scared out of my wits when I visited KKH to get confirmation of my pregnancy when I was 5 weeks preggy. The gynae (a Registrar) told me he cannot see anything yet, ask me to go back 2 weeks later. As it took us a few yrs to finally get preggy, we decided to go to a gynae in pte practise.

The gynae immediately assured me to confirm my pregnancy (show me the scan showing the pregnancy sag which is a very small/ blur dot). But, cannot detect heartbeat yet.

To get a SURE answer, go for a blood test.

Hi,

Need advices... My last menses was 13 Oct and i've tried tested it last Friday. The result was negative.

I was on some pills to delay my menses for a week in the cycle prior to the last bcos we were on our honeymoon.

Almost another week has gone and i still do not have my menses. Have the pills caused my menses to be delayed or am i pregnant?

Hi Spiky,

I don't know about short term effect of pills. But i was on pills for quite some time. And when I finally stopped.. took me about half a year to get normal cycles back..

If you're worried abt getting pregnant, maybe you can do the pregnancy test again.

Hi Noknok,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tested again. This round, it's positive. Came to think about it, the results was probably faint rather than negative.

Hi, need some advise, i just tested using home pregnancy test kit and it was a faint line positive, i do think i'm pregant as my menses usually is very on time, my LMP was 19th Nov,

as i'll be going overseas for the next 1 and half week, so i wont be able to see doc to confirm my pregancy, so is it fine if i go to see doc about second week of Jan? usually after how long after you miss your menses before you see doc to confirm your pregnancy?

Hello Sherry,

I was scheduled to visit the gynae (by the nurse) for the first time on the 8th week. which is 2nd week of Jan . my LMP was 7th nov.

Hi Sherry,
Are you back from overseas? I think it's ok to see doc by that time you come back but it might be risky to travel overseas if you're pregnant. I hope you had gone to the doc before that. Anyway, I suggest you confirm your pregnancy right away when you get back.

Yup, actually it's not advisable to go travelling on your first trimester.

i did that though cos my baby came before my honeymoon in europe and my tour guide was so worried about me because everywhere else was snowing in europe back in dec...

but luckily, everything went on smoothly and i am now into my second trimester..

Hi all! I am a 2nd time Mom2B =) I am 29 going on 30 and am a freelance scriptwriter and SAHM. =)

My #1 is already 8yo in May, so the age gap is pretty wide haha. The good thing though is that #1 is already independent and a really sweet tempered kid, so I don't have to juggle a cranky toddler with a baby. #1 was breast fed for almost 3 years so I am hoping to repeat this with #2.

I was on the pill for 2 years, but the moment we stopped, I got preggers =p Haha. In fact just 3-4 days after we shared with our family that we will try for #2, I discovered I was with child. XD

i'm now 6-7wks pregnant & overwhelmed with the info out there...now feeling scared & confused over the bleeding i'm experiencing. it was brown few days ago. n yday n today it has turned red. And worse thing is i'm hit by cramps although it didnt last longer than 20mins. i dunno if it could be caused by the hormones tablets that i was given by gynae. My gynae scanned me using ultrasound & vaginal scan but cant see the embryo, only the sac. she said it's not optimistic cos juding from the size of sac, the embryo should be seen. my frd advised me to go see another gynae for 2nd opinion. What do you ladies think?

Hi lawrain

Go to see another gynae if that will make you feel more assured. Alternatively, you could also check for your HCG level over a few days to see if there is a fall or rise of the level. Better to get your gynae to advise you on that.

Hello all, I'm now 5 weeks pregnant..

eating folic acid everyday (if I remember to) and trying to drink milk everyday..

wanted to tell my friend abt the good news but one of my good friend say its still too early.. cannot tell..

anyway, any advice on what not to eat ?? thanks

hammiebao, basically there're no contraints to your diet..as long as u have a balanced diet. it should be alright. my wife's appetite literally increased by 2x..even more than mine..lol..

HI mom n mtb
just found this articte from dumex website on food and drinks to avoid for us!
(;

Food and drink to avoid

Healthy eating during pregnancy is as much about which foods to avoid as which foods to eat. Some food may harm your baby as well as making you ill, so food safety needs to be a priority. Now that you’re pregnant, you should really leave the following foods out of your diet:

• Undercooked or raw eggs or foods likely to be made with them, (including home-made mousses, ice cream and mayonnaise, all of which may be made with raw eggs). Eggs should be cooked until hard.

• Undercooked or very rare meat and fish – there should be no pink bits left (even if that’s the way you usually like it!).

• Raw fish or meat in dishes like sushi or steak tartare, and smoked salmon or oysters

• Unpasteurised milk, cheese or yoghurt

• Soft cheeses like brie, camembert, ricotta, or blue veined cheeses (ordinary cheddar cheese or cottage cheese is fine, as long as they are pasteurised – check the label!).

• Pâté or liver – these can have excessive amounts of vitamin A which can harm your baby.

• Some prepared foods such as potato salad or coleslaw can sometimes contain high levels of listeria.

• Check that any ready meals or reheated foods are piping hot all the way through before you eat them.

• Take care at barbecues where meat is often allowed to rest for a period of time before serving.

• Swordfish, marlin and shark. These fish can contain potentially unsafe levels of naturally-occurring mercury which can harm your baby’s developing nervous system. Tuna also contains mercury, so limit the amount you eat to up to four medium-size cans (140g drained weight, per can) OR two fresh steaks (up to 170g raw weight, per steak) a week.

• Peanuts – It is recommended that women should avoid eating peanuts during pregnancy and breastfeeding, especially if there is a family history of allergies such as asthma, eczema or hayfever.

• Alcohol – excessive alcohol intake has been associated with many foetal problems, and even moderate alcohol consumption may effect the development of your baby’s brain.

just sharing (;

Hi Hammiebao

Im 11 weeks pregnant :eek:)

Just to add to Ally's list, avoid processed food like hotdogs, sausages, ham or bacon, as they contain preservatives and nitrites. Also I try to avoid food that is too salty to prevent water retention.

Hope you are enjoying your preganancy :eek:)

hi JSbaby,

i am in the same situation as you are.

I am living in China at the moment but i am in a 1st tier city. Maybe you can email me and we can share our experience with each other? this is my 1st preg and i am feeling lost without my mom by my side...

Just found out that I am 5 weeks preggy last week. Had it confirmed at a GP. I am experiencing some light spotting and hubby is worried. I made an appt to see the doc later and keeping my fingers crossed that its nothing serious.

does anyone knows whether hair colouring and perming is ok during pregnancy? i've got conflicting views from the internet...some say ok, some say not...

hi there,

I'm new here and TTC. anyone here found out that you were preggy even before you missed your period?

My period isn't due till about 12 days time. But i'm feeling some unusual symptoms like nausea, extreme tiredness (i'm usually very active, rarely feel tired), lack of appetite, breast tenderness (usually experience this only about 5 days before period), bloatedness and cramping.

I just tested with a kit but it was negative. Not sure if its cos I'm really not pregnant or its too early to detect. Anyone tested positive just say 2 weeks into pregnancy?

sorry for the many questions, just hoping to get some advice. Thanks ladies!

tinky,

I'm 2 and half weeks but i'm tested positive twice. my menses over by 3 days. tink u wait til your menses then test again. in the meanwhile, just be careful.

Lin

my cycle ranges between 30-42 days... looking at my past cycles trend, i've already exceeded my longest cycle of 45 days, but when i test, it shows negative. how long more should i wait to test again?
i'm getting abit stressed and worried....

Back