0-3 mths pregnant

Hi all, I was looking tru the list of conversations...

Ham and Potato Salad is a prohibt item (best to avoid) during 1st tri??
Oh dear... i been munching on it.. but i realised i dont seem to be able to take milk products like soya... i used to like soya before preg... haiz..

Do u ladies find there is tendency to eat fair bit more before preg in 1st tri? I find it happened to me.... and i am bit concerned... =(

hi all mommies... i m suffering big time frm morning sickness... vomit almost everything esp rice... giddy now n then... nearli fainted at the coffeeshop during lunch earlier on... so... any mommies have experience that the morning sickness will extend to even after first trimester? am currently in my 12th week... & can hardly hang on anymore due to the morning sickness... thks...

hang in there Wendy, I was like this too last time. It will get much better after that. What i did was trying to make lime juice with sugar to drink all the time. Or take ginger will also help. Don't worry, it will go away soon :)

Joleen, I eat a lot and alot during my pregnancy. And gain 20 kg after that. But now I have regain back my pre pregnancy weight 2 month after delivery. So don't worry abt it. Most importantly, you must eat healthy for your baby..dun worry so much abt your weight.

honestly..i eat anything i like, no pantang. But i don't eat a lot of process food like ham, sausage, etc. Cos i think it's not good for the baby. once a while is ok.

sometimes i still drink a bit of coffee... mainly i find that my mouth is tasteless most of the time...

realized cant eat fast n normal portion like before... have to chew long n slow...

haiz....

Joleen, my gynae said it's ok to drink coffee/tea but only 1 cup a day (either coffee or tea)
happy.gif

Hi all,
My last ultrasound (3days ago) showed I'm about 6-7weeks pregnant.. But according to due-date calculators, I should be 9-10weeks already.. So weird.. Hubby and I only tried 3times that month, during my fertile (by ovulation calender) period.. After that, never tried till now.. Wonder how did I conceived 2-3weeks after we tried.. =X..

Anyway, I saw the sac and very faint heartbeat (cannot hear but shown a bit on the graph) so I've been rest assured.. My ob/gyn very pro to show me so early of my pregnancy.. Lucky me.. xD

I'm so excited yet worried.. Anyone experience worse "everything" for 2nd pregnancy? I've already felt heartburn and backache 3weeks ago, on top of everything else.. Everything seems accelerated & stronger this time round.. What's worse is I have a 10month baby girl to take care of somemore.. Alone..

This "excitement" is killing me.. haha.. No la.. Just kidding..

Anyone due in around April 2011? xD I'm happy to get the April baby I've always planned and hoped for!

Hi Pearly,

Mine is early May 2011, could be Labour day Baby or even April Baby too and right now has a 13month old girl... Me too having heartburn, fatigue and morning sickness...

Hey dolly,
How're u coping with your 13mos girl? Especially with the pregnancy symptoms.. ^^

For my case, it's only me and hubby when he's off (lucky he's on shift work).. To make matters worse, my girl is going through a really bad teething stage now.. Grrrr..

Your girl got teeth liao? A lot?

I'm going to "die" liao.. Of over-exhaustion!! lol..

Hey Pearly,

I've my mum & maid to look after her, so i'm quite fortunate...

She has 4 on top & 3 below...

You have any morning sickness? I've a very bad one... whole day affair... shacks...

dolly,
I intend to hire a maid in Jan/Feb after my main loan clears in dec.. xD At least that's a piece of good news to me.. And a relief.. hehe..

I had super bad symptoms.. I wonder if second pregnancy usually has much earlier and worse symptoms onot..

I think I'm a bit over 10weeks.. Will be seeing ob/gyn tml to confirm leh.. The last time I saw the u/s, it was measuring smaller by 3weeks.. ^^ Maybe too small, not clear enough.. Will know tml.. hehe..

Anyway, I think my symptoms are letting up a bit.. I still feel suddenly sleepy, backaches, very bad car sickness (which I never had before), sometimes can feel fingers tingling liao, my appetite still quite erratic but usually on the bad side.. I actually puked a few times.. haiz.. I'm also starting to get leg cramps during sleep liao.. LOL..

Is your tummy super bloated already? Mine already looks pregnant le! lol.. I only started to show @ 7mos+ for my first leh.. I'm barely 3mos and I think some people can tell I'm preggo liao! hahahahaha..

hey pearly,

it's good to get a maid earlier, so that both of us can adapt to each other habit and lifestyle.

Mine's as bad too... worse than my first pregnancy...

My tummy's start to bloat too... heard people saying, 2nd pregnancy will shown earlier than the 1st one coz our tummy has lost its "elastic"..

Hi, i tested positive last week, and my last menses was end of july. So i should be about 7weeks now. Next week going to see gynae.

Not much MS, but super tired and i am hungry all the time. I wana caution all the ladies here about the effect of coffee. My 2yr old girl got a hole in her heart. I suspect it was because i consume some coffee when i was pregnant with her. Coz i hv heard pple saying to avoid coffee (actually shld be caffeine)if there is a history in the family.(altho there is no history in both my n my hubby's family)

So now i try to avoid any food with caffeine. I even avoid eating chocolate and chocolate cake.

dolly,
I went for my appt today~ xD 10weeks tomorrow.. My date of conception is later by 3weeks.. So weird.. hehe.. The peanut is 3cm only.. Also duno why tummy become so big liao.. *haiz* I never gained any weight somemore.. So frustrating.. And my carsickness doesn't seem to be letting up.. I puked today.. *even more haiz*

Hi jmcloh,
Coffee will cause the "hole problem" meh? That's scary! I'm not a coffee drinker but I do get just a few (lucky me) cravings here and there, cos of the aroma.. Lucky my girl had no problems..

Chocolate is ok de mah.. I heard it's even good for us, as long as not over eating it la.. Avoiding chocolate will be SO SAD for me! I love chocolate so much!! In fact, gonna have a chocolate fountain at my girl's 1st b'day party next month.. I definitely will eat a lot de loh.. *haiz*

hey pearly,

i went for scan last tues and it's 1cm big... & saw the little heart beat... i didn't gained much weight too... nausea feeling is so terrible when hunger pang keep pestering me...

hi jmcloh,

congrats! we will be due on May 2011. i don't think chocolate cause problem... we should take it moderately...

Hi Dolly n rykgirl,
i oso not sure leh, but i realise that my heart will beat very fast after i consume coffee. Guess maybe my body not suitable bah....i tink "moderation" is the word, but for the next 8mths, i will steer clear of stuff with caffeine.

Dolly, when is your EDD? i haven go for my 1st checkup yet. Will go this fri.

Hi All,

Help help... urgent advice needed!!

My sis is now 9wks preggy but with very serious sickness. MS and vomit, vomit and vomit.... Also with weight loss. My family is so very worry for her and bb
sad.gif

Can anyone advice how to curb and ease the vomiting?

All your advice are greatly apperciated.

God bless to All.

jmcloh,
Ya, moderation! Though, sometimes it's hard for me.. Especially when I got craving for chocolate! hehe.. Heng it's not an everyday thing though..

I thought peanuts is meant to avoid for babies? Sorry ah.. Not much help from me cos I dun have any cravings for it.. Anyway my OB/GYN only advised me to steer clear of papaya & my friends and family mostly ask me to avoid watermelon.. Duno it's old wives tale or wad but I do also eat in moderation for watermelon.. I did the same for my #1 and so far so good..

Jojo,
I also got very bad morning sickness.. I told my OB/GYN.. He prescribed a medicine to me.. I never go see the name.. But because it causes drowsiness, I only can take after my girl sleeps at night when needed.. hehe.. At least it helps ease me into my sleep..

It's normal to have weight loss in first trimester.. Cos our body is adjusting.. It'll get better once she hit 3rd or 4th month (for most).. At least for me, it did in my #1 preg.. She will gain the most weight in 3rd trimester, no worries about that.. If her OB/GYN says it's ok, it's usually ok de..

I also have bad bad MS but I'm almost reaching week 12 liao.. Hope will get better also.. hehe..

Btw, I'm assuming she did go consult her OB/GYN right?

Pearly,
i juz drank a big cup of papaya juice!! How??

Jojo,
can try taking sour plum. I got slight MS. After drinking some sour plum water, i find that i feel better.
And hv small meals throughout the day, instead of 3 meals. I think anythg sourish is oso good to open appetite n ease the MS n nausea. Can take more milk or soya drink. At least can take in some nutrients.

jmcloh,
I think it's ok la.. As long as not take soooo much la.. I also drank a big cup of watermelon juice last week before my OB/GYN visit.. hehe.. Moderation!!! xD

I very jia lat now, during my MS.. Cause I don't take sour stuff.. haha.. Got anymore other home remedy?

Hello Mummies..
Anyone know where to buy Sour Plum Juice? My MS is very bad and last whole day..
sad.gif

Hi guys I am about week 6 into pregnancy and i feel very worried that I felt very nauseous last week and suddenly not anymore this week. Is this even normal? I felt glad that it is normal to have slight weight loss or no weight gain for 1st trimester. I keep thinking if I suffer from miscarriage or what.

Hi,

I just done my pregnancy blood test at KK and it shows a HCG of 16.6. It does not give a answer whether I am pregnant anot. Suppose to go back again on Fri for a retest.

Worry that it might be a chemical pregnancy.

Anyone can advise

My average cycle is 33 days and the longest was April this year with 44 days. As of today, my cycle is already 47 days which makes me 14 days delayed. I did a pregnancy test last Sunday and it turned out negative. Should I go to a GP first or consult my OB/Gyne immediately?

hi qing, I discovered my pregnancy at a every early stage at about week 5-6. Hence the radiologist at KK wasnt able to scan or detect my bb. So it was a possibility between early pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy or even miscarriage. If Hcg rise significantly (like almost doubling), then it's normal preg. If it stays at the same level, it's could be ectopic preg. If it drops, it is possible that it is a miscarriage. I was so scared back then weeks ago. I am now into the 10th week of my preg. Suffering on and off from morning sickness and worried about how my figure is now going off and looking unattractive. I wish I could know how the other mummies can remain so slim in the limps during pregnancy!

Hihi christine,
u mean at 5 weeks cannot scan anything?
i discovered mine last week and was planing to go see gynae this sat at my 5th week.
should i go now or should i go later?

wow JL you are lucky!
you must be very happy to see the heartbeat.for mine, i went for my 1st scan at 5 weeks, can see the sac through tummy scan only

hi all
im 5 weeks pregnant but on off feel vomit and no taste for food. very uncomfortable... somemore this is my 2nd child. so much different from my 1st child.

any recommends on diet? i cannot intake any sweets or rice items

Michelle,
Congratulation!

for those close friends sure can share with them.
if you feel your pregnancy are stable... definately share the good news lah!
when I'm 5week+ preg. i alreay share in my FB.

Hi, I am 4 weeks pregnant n I am eating like 5 meals everyday. It's seems to trigger my gastric pain n I am so hungry. Is this normal for a 4 weeks pregnant woman to eat so much? Cos if I dun eat I feel nausea n stomach will be groaning for food desperately.,

Hi, I'm 12 wks pregnant. It also triggers gastric pain. I try to eat more meals. My doctor says I cam eat anything as long as it's in moderation. Cannot eat raw food to prevent food poisoning.

But I'm experiencing backache n hip pain, and cramps. I noticed each time I have cramps, I have more discharge. Is this normal?

Sorry to post here while u guys have discussion. I need a little help. Do get to me for adoption of baby. As I'm trying to adopt one with reasonable amount which dont exceed 9,000.

Due to not able to give birth anymore(knew the news last month due to 2 times miscarriage in a year), i decided to go for adoption. The news really hurts me lOts coz I'm just 24 and have not even a kid yet. And the news do hurt my mum a lot too . She went a little bit far more than depressed and always thinking that baby is still in me whenever she thinks of it. Consult doctor but was saying medication can't cure only control as she needs to work out herself. So despite I'm very sad and depressed I got to think of not only me but her too.and at this point of time, Husband left me too. So my dad and I came out with a solution, since I can't give birth, why not adopt those who are keen to put for adoption so that my mum can be better and I can have a better motivation of living my life better.  kindly do help out for this.  it will be good for going to give birth de or newborn as they still can't recognise if not its like so cruel for those who alrd know their parents. Kindly give a helping hand. Apps 83006803 thank

for sour plums to sooth nauseas, is there a limit to how many plums to eat a day?

Also, shd we be concern abt the high preservatives and salt level in sour plums?

Lastly, is plum with seeds or no seeds better??

thanks

Back