IVF/ICSI Support Group

Is there a specific timing for injection? Can do it every night at home or need to inject during working hours too? I am 1st time doing IVF.

For ER jabs, it was morning and evening jabs. But i rem my gynae telling me to jab at consistent timings everyday. +/- an hour. So if u started off at a certain time, just keep to it everyday.

Is there a specific timing for injection? Can do it every night at home or need to inject during working hours too? I am 1st time doing IVF.
I prefer to do it at a specific timing every morning. Say 8-8:15am. The body is like a clockwork. So I assume to achieve the best results, it has to be around the same timing.

I see. Ok thanks! At first wanted to buy a mini fridge, but the reviews of the mini fridge is usually say not cold enough so i am afraid that the quality of the injection will be affected.

So someone in the other forumn recommend a box to keep the injection in the fridge.

Hope my parent in law wont be supicious when i suddenly have a safe box in the fridge.

Hai...

I see. Ok thanks! At first wanted to buy a mini fridge, but the reviews of the mini fridge is usually say not cold enough so i am afraid that the quality of the injection will be affected.

So someone in the other forumn recommend a box to keep the injection in the fridge.

Hope my parent in law wont be supicious when i suddenly have a safe box in the fridge.

Hai...

Hmm old folks will definitely open up i guess. Just go the extreme and lock the ice box up?

Hi ladies! Anyone here tried fertility massage? I saw the famous one as seen on forum, Angelia. I saw on her website that it's $58 per session. It's very pricey lei. Anyone has other recommendations?

Hai...

Hi, same as you, I never let my in laws or own parents know about my ivf journey. But luckily I’ve my own place.

I do not have any solution for u, however just wanna let u know, ivf journey itself can be Long and mentally challenging. If before the journey starts, u already have so many worries, after u start the journey, u may feel very overwhelmed.

After the transfer, should u decide to take the full 2 weeks HL, your in laws will definitely ask why you’re on such a Long leave right? And after the transfer especially the first few days, you will be resting more, don’t carry heavy stuff and don’t do housework, wouldn’t they ask why also? So these are also things you might have to prepare to answer also.

Some people say that if worry too much, egg quality will be affected, hence you may need to brace yourself first and not to have too much worries. Otherwise touch wood if egg quality or quantity are affected, u may end up blaming yourself. Self blame is also another common issue we ladies might faced during failures.

Hence at the end of the day, our motto is, don’t do anything which will make us regret afterwards.

All the best to you!!

Yes, cost for now. As far as I understand, you can do fresh cycle in any gov hospital, but KKH/SGH send their biopsy to NUH lab, pgs allowed only at NUH lab.
$7k should pay before ER, if no day 5 blast, or decide don’t do pgs, can inform them before day 5 and they will do $ refunds.

Whats PGS for? can someone explain in "layman" terms? hah

Hai...

i'm pretty sure someone might end up opening that box.. maybe u can buy the mini fridge and also buy some of those ice packs..put frozen icepack in the mini fridge too. to help with the coldness. so u just hv to change the icepack..i tink they wont suspect much with ice pack eh?

Hai...

I think it’s better for you to get the mini fridge or bar fridge and place it in your room. At least you can lock the door and easier for you to reach your injections and syringes without anyone asking.

Ur ER and ET were with mefc too ?
My recent BFp was also with MEFC and i must say Lai Cheng was v experience and She was v candid on the embryos growth statuses. I transferred a hatched out blasto and she said the blast would implant within 24hrs and true enough i saw the double line on 7dpt. Definitely a vast difference in terms of experience from my previous lab.

Hi Daylesford, did u transfer one or two embryos with MEFC? I just had a failed FET with CARE and Paul Tseng, and moved my remaining D3 embryos over to MEFC to try next cycle with Ann Tan. They said they will cultivate my d3 to blasts before transfer. They advised to only transfer one blast at a time. I’m not even sure how many will make it to blast stage, but after a MC last year, my menses and womb seem to be all out of whack. I don’t feel very confident about transferring just one.

Hi Daylesford, did u transfer one or two embryos with MEFC? I just had a failed FET with CARE and Paul Tseng, and moved my remaining D3 embryos over to MEFC to try next cycle with Ann Tan. They said they will cultivate my d3 to blasts before transfer. They advised to only transfer one blast at a time. I’m not even sure how many will make it to blast stage, but after a MC last year, my menses and womb seem to be all out of whack. I don’t feel very confident about transferring just one.

joynpeace, Yes. I was previously struggling on no. of blast to transferred. My 1st BFP was transfer of 3 D3 embryos with TFC and only resulted in a singleton. Wasn't at all surprised as 2 of my transferred embryos was growing slower pace than expected.

I have PCOS and i usually have many poor quality embryos. Plus my age, i was given high dose of stimulation jabs which left me with a few precious blastos. I am more prudent to ensure that I don't waste my blasts unecessarily. So decided on a SET transfer with MEFC.

I transferred a 6AA blastocyst and now my baby is 9 months old. Try to talk to either Yen Leng or Lai Cheng. They are v. candid on the quality of the embryos/blastos. I was then told that if I fall preggie, it would be my 6AA and true enough this blasto is now my baby. A few of my friends with my dr transferred good grades embryo(s) and most fell preggie with the no. of blasts they transferred.

Whats more critical now is for your D3 embryos to grow into blastos. Its a waste transferring 2 blasts into a non-conducive uterus. Meanwhile try to nurse your body back to shape before your next FET.

Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone with very low AMH below age 30 and doctor suspected that you had turner syndrome? The doctor just ordered chromosome bloodtest for me and the result need a few weeks to be out. I am so afraid.

Hi,

Anyone with very low AMH below age 30 and doctor suspected that you had turner syndrome? The doctor just ordered chromosome bloodtest for me and the result need a few weeks to be out. I am so afraid.

U don’t need to be below 30 to have Low AMH.. some ladies have AMH lower than what their age should be. Eg u can be 33 but your AMH level is akin to a 40 year old.

What made your doctor suspect turner? Do u have a very short stature?

Low AMH doesn’t mean won’t succeed wor.. just that for ladies with Low AMH, no matter how high dosage the injection is, the number of eggs produce will not be a lot. In fact the higher the dosage, the quality of the egg might be poorer. That’s what I’ve learnt

For ladies with PCOS, they can have high AMH, produce lots of eggs, but quality may not be good also. Of cos it’s best that we have good quality and good quantity embryos. But good quality embryos is more impt than quantity.

Don’t be so stressed ok

U don’t need to be below 30 to have Low AMH.. some ladies have AMH lower than what their age should be. Eg u can be 33 but your AMH level is akin to a 40 year old.

What made your doctor suspect turner? Do u have a very short stature?

Low AMH doesn’t mean won’t succeed wor.. just that for ladies with Low AMH, no matter how high dosage the injection is, the number of eggs produce will not be a lot. In fact the higher the dosage, the quality of the egg might be poorer. That’s what I’ve learnt

For ladies with PCOS, they can have high AMH, produce lots of eggs, but quality may not be good also. Of cos it’s best that we have good quality and good quantity embryos. But good quality embryos is more impt than quantity.

Don’t be so stressed ok

Ya. I have the height of 154cm and my amh is
2.4 pmol/l which is very low for someone that is 28 yesrs old.

I am afraid if that if i really get pregnant, there will be risk of turner and down syndrome for my child.

I actually went to 2 fortune teller a few years back and both of them said that our life dont have any child.

Coupled with all these that had happened, i felt so depressed lost, cause i had always wanted alot of kids.

I am afraid if that if i really get pregnant, there will be risk of turner and down syndrome for my child.

I actually went to 2 fortune teller a few years back and both of them said that our life dont have any child.

Coupled with all these that had happened, i felt so depressed lost, cause i had always wanted alot of kids.
Hi i think dun be too bothered about wat fortune teller says. Its just their prediction.

Wats important for ivf is not to get stressed out else is like half e battle lost already when the emotional fight is lost. Jiayou n have a good weekend ahead! Dun think too much since you already gone for e test. Maybi its a worry for nothing on the turner as u may not have it.

Low amh also can pregnant n have kids de. I saw it happen to my friend before. Important is dun stress as stress will complicate matters

Last edited:

154cm is not considered small stature ba..

Anyways, some people had it easier but other just had to go through a longer route. But will still get there one day. Your age is still considered a good age. Despite Low AMH, you will still have a good chance of obtaining good blast.

Just wait for the results k. There’s nothing much you can do now. What is more impt is to have a relax and calm mind before starting your ivf

im also short statue..low amh..resulted always in low eggs retrieval.max always 4-6...my 1st fet resulted in bfp suprisingly...baby now 8mths old..all i can say let loose and sort of enjoy the process...bcoz i used to think so much abt ivf= 101% pregnant until after 2failure i just gave up evrytin..

im also short statue..low amh..resulted always in low eggs retrieval.max always 4-6...my 1st fet resulted in bfp suprisingly...baby now 8mths old..all i can say let loose and sort of enjoy the process...bcoz i used to think so much abt ivf= 101% pregnant until after 2failure i just gave up evrytin..

Hi, you remember what is your AMH level and can i know what is your age?

So FET is ur 3rd try?

So FET is ur 3rd try?

Thanks all for your encouragement.

It is so depressing when everyone says i am young but they didnt know i am facing all these. Plus hiding from parents in law isnt easy as they tend to ask alot.

Dont even know how to "lie" to them once i start the procedure. Moreover, my husband is their only son and their relatives and my relatives seems to just be able to be pregnant once they get married.

Work is another level of stress when the boss keep asking me to delay getting pregnant. Dont know what will be her reaction when i tell her even though i wish not to. But mc is going to be submitted to her.

Thanks all for your encouragement.

It is so depressing when everyone says i am young but they didnt know i am facing all these. Plus hiding from parents in law isnt easy as they tend to ask alot.

Dont even know how to "lie" to them once i start the procedure. Moreover, my husband is their only son and their relatives and my relatives seems to just be able to be pregnant once they get married.

Work is another level of stress when the boss keep asking me to delay getting pregnant. Dont know what will be her reaction when i tell her even though i wish not to. But mc is going to be submitted to her.

Wah, how to lie to bosses? Cos you will need to have a couple of doctor visits plus HL after retrieval and transfers..

hmm no one in my office knows that I'm doing IVF, HL from HUH doesn’t indicate what procedure or what medical departments, even no any name of my RE. So I told to HR that I have some health problem, that’s all. Each scan or doc visit always early morning, there is no queue at nuh, always go there before work.

hmm no one in my office knows that I'm doing IVF, HL from HUH doesn’t indicate what procedure or what medical departments, even no any name of my RE. So I told to HR that I have some health problem, that’s all. Each scan or doc visit always early morning, there is no queue at nuh, always go there before work.

That’s is if your work starts later lor.. for me my work starts at 8am..

Anyway what does RE stand for?

Wah, how to lie to bosses? Cos you will need to have a couple of doctor visits plus HL after retrieval and transfers..
Can. Just tell boss that you need to go procedure to settle soem female related ussue. Like cyst removal etc. Kkh medical chit will just right mc, will not state is for wat purpose..

Can. Just tell boss that you need to go procedure to settle soem female related ussue. Like cyst removal etc. Kkh medical chit will just right mc, will not state is for wat purpose..

Haha cos I need to take time off and the scans dates cannot be planned ahead, so I’ll have to tell my boss the truth so she will understand and let me take time off when it’s time for the cycle..

Haha cos I need to take time off and the scans dates cannot be planned ahead, so I’ll have to tell my boss the truth so she will understand and let me take time off when it’s time for the cycle..
I see. Last time i took off for scans which is roughly doc will tell day 2, 7,11. After that hl mia for long mc.

So FET is ur 3rd try?
hai! i dont rmb my amh levels tho..its my gynae that told me so...despite having high dosage of medication my eggs yield still remains that 4-6..i started my real ivf journey in 2016 after my 1st MC in 2012,resulted in asherman syndrome which form scar tissue hindering to get pregnant naturally. At that point i am 32 yrs of age...
My Fet was 1st cycle tho...

Are u with KKH?

Nuh MC and HL doesn’t state IVF during my time with NUH. I’ve moved away from NUH for a year, not sure any changes thus far

Ya. Mine is KKH. Thanks fit replying.

Anyone doing IVF at KKH and whether can we request for MC/HL without stating IVF?

Cause previously at another thread, some commented that KKIVF is stated.

Hang in there! Is KKH your first ivf? Or u also did ivf with Ann before you decide to go KKH?
Nope. I didn’t do IVF with Ann Tan cox I wanted to use the subsidies. I was doing some pre-checks with her. Not sure about the cost if I were to do IVF with Ann Tan.

Ya. Mine is KKH. Thanks fit replying.

Anyone doing IVF at KKH and whether can we request for MC/HL without stating IVF?

Cause previously at another thread, some commented that KKIVF is stated.
I have been doing at KKH for many rounds (and still am). They won’t indicate IVF. It’s just a regular MC/HL with KKH letterhead. So usually I will tell my boss that I have some female concerns and need to take time off for a minor op, that’s all. Usually bosses will try not to probe further if you do not wish to share much.

Hello just wondering if any ladies have any advice for me, I have failed 1 SO-IUI this year, just did my first IVF at KKH (due for blood test on Wed) but my period came right on the expected date despite crinone :((( Feeling really down right now. Can I ask if any one has done a FET right after a failed fresh? Wondering if it is possible for me to do in October, end of the year bad for me due to work issues.

And anyone has any experience with regards to possible implantation issue? Does KKH deal with his? Really worried that my uterus is rejecting the embryos. I transferred a D5 grade B blastocyst (second best grade) this time round. Have never ever seen a BFP (not even a clinical pregnancy before)

Hello just wondering if any ladies have any advice for me, I have failed 1 SO-IUI this year, just did my first IVF at KKH (due for blood test on Wed) but my period came right on the expected date despite crinone :((( Feeling really down right now. Can I ask if any one has done a FET right after a failed fresh? Wondering if it is possible for me to do in October, end of the year bad for me due to work issues.

And anyone has any experience with regards to possible implantation issue? Does KKH deal with his? Really worried that my uterus is rejecting the embryos. I transferred a D5 grade B blastocyst (second best grade) this time round. Have never ever seen a BFP (not even a clinical pregnancy before)

Sorry to hear that. don’t be disheartened, most ladies took 2 to 3 Fresh/fet to get pregnant. Have you done your blood test? If not suggest you request for an early blood test to find out the hcg level. If there is a score, it means that the embryo did implant. could be still a viable pregnancy if not chemical pregnancy.

Usually if just done fresh, personally i would rest for 1-2 month to start FET. this is so that you could flush out all the hormone medicine. However, if you feel that you are ready, can always go for it.
Next round you may want to try endoscratch, it may help with implantation.

Hi, hugs .... Don't give up.
I've been reading and here is a summary of what I've learnt. For sharing. Good luck to u and everyone. Fight On!

*WHY FET FAIL *
- Most likely cause is embryo quality. Top cause is egg quality, due to age of the woman. Can't turn back the clock so what to do if age is not on your side?
EAT THE RIGHT SUPPLEMENTS during your stimulation phase before the egg collection. The supplements and stuff to eat are: CoQ10, Omega (fish oil), Prenatal vits, Blueberries, Chicken Eggs, Brazil Nuts.
HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE. During the stimulation phasebefore egg collection ask for Human Growth Hormone (e.g. Saizen).
EMBRYO QUALITY SCREENING. Can't screen for embryo quality in SG coz genetic screening for euploid i.e genetically normal embryos, is not yet legal here. But overseas (US UK Malaysia) it is legal and has been done for many years. Finances permitting, create the embryos and get the embryos screened overseas. Malaysia offers genetic screening and IVF there could be cheaper than SG.

* IMMUNE OR LINING PROBLEM*
- Around 30% of the time it could be immune or lining issue. Immune expert in SG for implanatation problems is Dr Sheila Vasoo. I never went there though.
- Try intralipids two weeks before transfer. It is available at Tow Yung Clinic at Tanglin Shopping Centre. (Dr Yeong). This is controversial but some doctors believe intralipids helps with immune problems that prevent implantation, other doctors think it is rubbish and does not work. But I tried this and it worked for me.
- Remove all polyps / growths in the uterus before FET (even if small growths). Coz they interfere with implantation no matter what part of the womb the growth is in. According to Dr Geoffrey Sher, a world famous fertility doctor in US.

Last year I did IVF (without human growth hormone and without special supplements) Managed 5 mature eggs fertilised and created 3 blastocysts. First FET transferred one and BFP but m/c at 7 weeks. Second FET transferred two, BFN. Was very sad and angry, but I knew I must not give up.
This year try IVF again (with human growth hormone and whack the supplements) and managed 13 mature eggs which eventually created 7 blastocysts. Note: one year older but created double the blastocysts, see the power of HGH and Supplements!

This year my doctor (Roland Chieng, Virtus) also did a 'mock cycle' using crinone and a biopsy of my lining. He removed a polyp, and did an endometrium scratch. The biopsy shows that my lining does not respond adequately to progesterone, the lining still in secretory phase instead of proliferative. So at the real FET he gave me extra progesterone (progesterone injections) and changed from crinone to utrogestuan. I also went for intralipid (Roland doesn't believe in it but I wanted to try so found another doctor [Dr Yeong Cheng Toh] for it) 2 weeks before FET.
Results - currently pregnant and healthy heartbeat seen. Not out of the woods yet , but I am praying that this is my rainbow baby. Cost expended so far: S$35K for last year's failed IVF. Another S$35K for this year's IVF.

Many times I wondered why my body doesn't cooperate, why can't conceive naturally and save myself the snide remarks from relatives, the heartache and grief and high expense. Why some pple seem to get pregnant every other year , or getpregnant and never miscarry, but I couldn't ??! Shit shit shit.

But I guess our lives are all different, we are tested and challenged in different ways. Believe, read widely, work towards your goal, and may u get a live healthy baby in your arms one day.

I've been reading and here is a summary of what I've learnt. For sharing. Good luck to u and everyone. Fight On!

*WHY FET FAIL *
- Most likely cause is embryo quality. Top cause is egg quality, due to age of the woman. Can't turn back the clock so what to do if age is not on your side?
EAT THE RIGHT SUPPLEMENTS during your stimulation phase before the egg collection. The supplements and stuff to eat are: CoQ10, Omega (fish oil), Prenatal vits, Blueberries, Chicken Eggs, Brazil Nuts.
HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE. During the stimulation phasebefore egg collection ask for Human Growth Hormone (e.g. Saizen).
EMBRYO QUALITY SCREENING. Can't screen for embryo quality in SG coz genetic screening for euploid i.e genetically normal embryos, is not yet legal here. But overseas (US UK Malaysia) it is legal and has been done for many years. Finances permitting, create the embryos and get the embryos screened overseas. Malaysia offers genetic screening and IVF there could be cheaper than SG.

- Around 30% of the time it could be immune or lining issue. Immune expert in SG for implanatation problems is Dr Sheila Vasoo. I never went there though.
- Try intralipids two weeks before transfer. It is available at Tow Yung Clinic at Tanglin Shopping Centre. (Dr Yeong). This is controversial but some doctors believe intralipids helps with immune problems that prevent implantation, other doctors think it is rubbish and does not work. But I tried this and it worked for me.
- Remove all polyps / growths in the uterus before FET (even if small growths). Coz they interfere with implantation no matter what part of the womb the growth is in. According to Dr Geoffrey Sher, a world famous fertility doctor in US.

Last year I did IVF (without human growth hormone and without special supplements) Managed 5 mature eggs fertilised and created 3 blastocysts. First FET transferred one and BFP but m/c at 7 weeks. Second FET transferred two, BFN. Was very sad and angry, but I knew I must not give up.
This year try IVF again (with human growth hormone and whack the supplements) and managed 13 mature eggs which eventually created 7 blastocysts. Note: one year older but created double the blastocysts, see the power of HGH and Supplements!

This year my doctor (Roland Chieng, Virtus) also did a 'mock cycle' using crinone and a biopsy of my lining. He removed a polyp, and did an endometrium scratch. The biopsy shows that my lining does not respond adequately to progesterone, the lining still in secretory phase instead of proliferative. So at the real FET he gave me extra progesterone (progesterone injections) and changed from crinone to utrogestuan. I also went for intralipid (Roland doesn't believe in it but I wanted to try so found another doctor [Dr Yeong Cheng Toh] for it) 2 weeks before FET.
Results - currently pregnant and healthy heartbeat seen. Not out of the woods yet , but I am praying that this is my rainbow baby. Cost expended so far: S$35K for last year's failed IVF. Another S$35K for this year's IVF.

Many times I wondered why my body doesn't cooperate, why can't conceive naturally and save myself the snide remarks from relatives, the heartache and grief and high expense. Why some pple seem to get pregnant every other year , or getpregnant and never miscarry, but I couldn't ??! Shit shit shit.

But I guess our lives are all different, we are tested and challenged in different ways. Believe, read widely, work towards your goal, and may u get a live healthy baby in your arms one day.
Congrats! Wishing up a successful bfp to carry a cute bb in your arms.

I have been doing at KKH for many rounds (and still am). They won’t indicate IVF. It’s just a regular MC/HL with KKH letterhead. So usually I will tell my boss that I have some female concerns and need to take time off for a minor op, that’s all. Usually bosses will try not to probe further if you do not wish to share much.

I saw an image of a MC issued by KKH, it seems that under ward no, there is mentioning of KKH? Yours don't have?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20180923_133916.jpg
    20180923_133916.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 2,214

*WHY FET FAIL *

Thanks for the detailed response.. you went through so much, really hope that this will be a happy healthy pregnancy and you will get your much awaited baby
Today I bought a load of supplements, hopefully if can't do FET or FET not successful my body will be in better shape for the next round. Suspect my husband thinks I could be overreacting but he is just letting me be.

Thanks connie and corals too
Earliest I can do blood test is tomorrow (supposed to be Wed), but right now i'm bleeding worse than full flow menses with clots, so gonna go in early tomorrow to do my blood test, but highly doubt there will be any beta hcg detected.
Does anyone know when KKH schedules the review with the doctor after the failed IVF? How long to wait before talking to a doctor?
Thanks so much!

Btw hopehope my mc doesn't mention IVF anywhere, just that it's from KKH

hello, sample of my MC from egg collection, IVF not mentioned

Hi, thank you!

Haha, cause one of my colleague also previously did IVF. Just thinking whether 20 days will also be too obvious for my boss.

But in any case, thank for your help.

Now i am just hoping that i dont have any chromosome disorder.

Anyone below 30 years old doing IVF and had a low AMH? How low is ur AMH?

Thanks in advance.

Back