IVF/ICSI Support Group

Actually I think just go for 2, sometimes only 1 implants.

I'm just baffled as to why NUH is so secretive about the grade of the embryos or blasts. I know other hospitals always let the patients know.
because the grading are base on appearances. they can look very good but come with errors.

I have no symptoms at all, the water bag just burst suddenly. I hope it's random and unlucky and won't repeat again in future.

I think bed rest is very impt, minimize carry heavy things and walking Esp if you are prone to bleeding. I can't take food very well, but I try to drink milk.

All the best to you. Wish safe and smooth pregnancy for you.

Thk u for sharing. Did u rem what your hcg levels were? The positive side is that both FET resulted in successful implantations, which means the womb environment is condusive. I hope your next FET will be alot smoother. When will you be intending to do the next FET?

Thk u for sharing. Did u rem what your hcg levels were? The positive side is that both FET resulted in successful implantations, which means the womb environment is condusive. I hope your next FET will be alot smoother. When will you be intending to do the next FET?
Can't rem my hcg but it was Very high due to twin pregnancy. Ya I hope my next Transfer (which I plan to transfer 1 embryo) will be successful n my womb is still ok after 2x suffering . Am going for fresh cycle again to gather more embryos for PGD.

Wen822, Oh dear ! Breaks my heart reading the ordeal you went through. I too had complications for both my singleton pregnancies... 1st BFP was heavy bleeding due to a tear btw the water bag and uterus... while 2nd BFP was hematoma. Both of these episodes required bed resting for a few months which was mentally draining. Every moment during the bed resting felt like I was hanging on to the edge of a cliff by my fingertips!

Hope that you have a smooth pregnancy this time round with a Single Embryo Transfer.
Thanks. I hope my implantation luck still stays for my future transfer. Am worried the condition of my womb now after 2x d&c. When I have twins I was delighted and got anxious with the plans ahead managing twins. But life is like this. Cannot hasten. I can only pray for better luck and for all mummies to be who have gone through tough journey

Thanks. I hope my implantation luck still stays for my future transfer. Am worried the condition of my womb now after 2x d&c. When I have twins I was delighted and got anxious with the plans ahead managing twins. But life is like this. Cannot hasten. I can only pray for better luck and for all mummies to be who have gone through tough journey
Jiayou!

A big hi to all warrior mommies here!

Seeking some answers for after ET can share some with me?

Today is my 2dp3dt; I’m experiencing some cramps that can be quite hurting at times (knife scrapping on the uterus kind), spotting as well but not sure is it because of the estrogen pills vaginally. From what I read is very common to have cramps but is it common that it hurts so badly? Not persistent though, just that when it happens comes along with bloating at that point of time is unbearable. I understand that all the progesterone adn after ET these are common symptoms. So my qns is,If its common to be that painful and usually how long will it last? Does it means the frequency of pain is more leads to lower chances of getting a bfp? Pls help...thanks!

Hihi, my first 3 days were very similar to yours. I experienced cramps from the day of the FT. And some were sharp pains, those that can stop you in your tracks. These sharp pains dun last. They come and go randomly. Each lasting a couple of seconds. My gynae wasnt that thrilled abt the cramps and they had me on tractocile drip again on 1dp5dt to lessen the crampings. The cramps gradually lessened and disappeared by the 4dp5dt. I tested a mild borderline BFP on a first response test kit on 4dp5dt. I had my first beta on 7dp5dt and again on 9dp5dt. Both readings were ok. I did not have spottings till 7dp5dt though.

From the reaction of my gynae, she prefers to have a very ‘peaceful’ womb. But mine was cramping for first few days and was a BFP. So baby dust to you!

Can't rem my hcg but it was Very high due to twin pregnancy. Ya I hope my next Transfer (which I plan to transfer 1 embryo) will be successful n my womb is still ok after 2x suffering . Am going for fresh cycle again to gather more embryos for PGD.

Take the time to strengthen your womb and load urself with the vitamins needed for the fresh cycle. I wish you lots of beautiful blasts!

Hi, congrats to you! Can I know what supplements you take or get yourself ready for ET? I failed my 1st fresh transfer. Preparing for Nov now

Hi, congrats to you! Can I know what supplements you take or get yourself ready for ET? I failed my 1st fresh transfer. Preparing for Nov now

Hihi, thk u. I just hope it sticks. I took the following a mth before my retrieval cycle which was in May 2018 and continued to today.

1) Vit D pill (cos i was found to be low on Vit D)
2) CoEnzyme q10
3) Blackmore Pre-Conceive
4) Drank 1.5L of Elo Water everyday

I rested 3 mths before i did a FET cos I had Ohss. Will your Nov trsf be a fresh one again? Or a frozen ET?

Thanks ! Ya I'm starting the multi vit cycle again. Hope I have more healthy blasts!

You will! U may wana considered switching all ur drinking water to Elo water for this time round. I was a very heavy smoker so my gynae insisted i switched to elo water to detox my body. Im not sure if it really did help but i guess no harm trying. She seems pretty convinced.

You will! U may wana considered switching all ur drinking water to Elo water for this time round. I was a very heavy smoker so my gynae insisted i switched to elo water to detox my body. Im not sure if it really did help but i guess no harm trying. She seems pretty convinced.
I just changed to filtered water. Hopefully that helps too! Thanks for your suggestion I will have a look.

Hihi, my first 3 days were very similar to yours. I experienced cramps from the day of the FT. And some were sharp pains, those that can stop you in your tracks. These sharp pains dun last. They come and go randomly. Each lasting a couple of seconds. My gynae wasnt that thrilled abt the cramps and they had me on tractocile drip again on 1dp5dt to lessen the crampings. The cramps gradually lessened and disappeared by the 4dp5dt. I tested a mild borderline BFP on a first response test kit on 4dp5dt. I had my first beta on 7dp5dt and again on 9dp5dt. Both readings were ok. I did not have spottings till 7dp5dt though.

From the reaction of my gynae, she prefers to have a very ‘peaceful’ womb. But mine was cramping for first few days and was a BFP. So baby dust to you!
i like that pro-medication gynae.
i was spotting when i had my son and my 1st gynae did not even care because he prefers things to resolve naturally. so i switched out from him.

who is your gynae ?

Hihi, thk u. I just hope it sticks. I took the following a mth before my retrieval cycle which was in May 2018 and continued to today.

2) CoEnzyme q10

I rested 3 mths before i did a FET cos I had Ohss. Will your Nov trsf be a fresh one again? Or a frozen ET?
good thing your doc got u to drink water. water is a detoxing agent itself.

good thing your doc got u to drink water. water is a detoxing agent itself.

Yes and she insisted on Elo oxygenated water. But i suspect its largely to do with my long smoking history. My gynae is Ann Tan from Mt E. Been with her 3 yrs. Undergone endometriosis surgery with her and also an unsuccessful IUI. She is very decisive and precise in her reccomendations. She was able to detect i had endometriosis on my very first visit when she scanned me before any blood test was out. This was a stark contrast to the previous gynae in thomson women’s hospital where i visited her for a yr and nothing was detected.

When will u be transferring the 2 blasts?

Hugs ! But we need to stay strong... and hope everything will be smooth for you this time with a SET. Once BFP, you must really slow down and be extra prudent. I was off work for both my pregnancies. For my 1st, I was home bound bed resting most of the time and it was robbing me of my sanity. My recent pregnancy.. I was even out on a wheelie till the hematoma was resolved. So just do whatever brings you comfort throughout the entire pregnancy so that you can carry your bundle of joy in your arms !

Best of luck to you !

Yes and she insisted on Elo oxygenated water. But i suspect its largely to do with my long smoking history. My gynae is Ann Tan from Mt E. Been with her 3 yrs. Undergone endometriosis surgery with her and also an unsuccessful IUI. She is very decisive and precise in her reccomendations. She was able to detect i had endometriosis on my very first visit when she scanned me before any blood test was out. This was a stark contrast to the previous gynae in thomson women’s hospital where i visited her for a yr and nothing was detected.

Jo777, I second your recommendation on Ann Tan. Went to her for 2nd opinion on my complications during my pregnancy.
She is also a fetal medicine expert during her previous stint but she comes with a price tag. She's with MEFC too ?

Thanks for the reply! I have some personal qns to ask is it ok to pm u?

Jo777, I second your recommendation on Ann Tan. Went to her for 2nd opinion on my complications during my pregnancy.
She is also a fetal medicine expert during her previous stint but she comes with a price tag. She's with MEFC too ?

Yes, it is abit more straining financially if we want to go with her. She doesnt warm up much to patients on the first couple of times. Very focused and gets straight to the point, no small talk. My DH likes her for this reason. But after 3 yrs with her, she is one who gives her best to every patient despite her colder exterior. Yes i think she is still w MEFC.

Hugs ! But we need to stay strong... and hope everything will be smooth for you this time with a SET. Once BFP, you must really slow down and be extra prudent. I was off work for both my pregnancies. For my 1st, I was home bound bed resting most of the time and it was robbing me of my sanity. My recent pregnancy.. I was even out on a wheelie till the hematoma was resolved. So just do whatever brings you comfort throughout the entire pregnancy so that you can carry your bundle of joy in your arms !

Best of luck to you !
Ya indeed working is my biggest worry. You are very strong , glad things work out smoothly for u

Yes, it is abit more straining financially if we want to go with her. She doesnt warm up much to patients on the first couple of times. Very focused and gets straight to the point, no small talk. My DH likes her for this reason. But after 3 yrs with her, she is one who gives her best to every patient despite her colder exterior. Yes i think she is still w MEFC.

Ur ER and ET were with mefc too ?
My recent BFp was also with MEFC and i must say Lai Cheng was v experience and She was v candid on the embryos growth statuses. I transferred a hatched out blasto and she said the blast would implant within 24hrs and true enough i saw the double line on 7dpt. Definitely a vast difference in terms of experience from my previous lab.

F69812AF-EF75-4004-B71D-0E16A128F959.jpeg
Anyone ladies here done PGD before? Can share experiences? I need to know the processes and cost. Thanks!
This is PGS cost at NUH.

Thank you! Is this 2018 cost?
Yes, cost for now. As far as I understand, you can do fresh cycle in any gov hospital, but KKH/SGH send their biopsy to NUH lab, pgs allowed only at NUH lab.
$7k should pay before ER, if no day 5 blast, or decide don’t do pgs, can inform them before day 5 and they will do $ refunds.

Ur ER and ET were with mefc too ?
My recent BFp was also with MEFC and i must say Lai Cheng was v experience and She was v candid on the embryos growth statuses. I transferred a hatched out blasto and she said the blast would implant within 24hrs and true enough i saw the double line on 7dpt. Definitely a vast difference in terms of experience from my previous lab.

No. Both my ER and ET were done with virtus fertility centre at pacific plaza. The ER done in may this year and ET just done 6th sep. Maybe she uses both centres?

No. Both my ER and ET were done with virtus fertility centre at pacific plaza. The ER done in may this year and ET just done 6th sep. Maybe she uses both centres?

Oh... seems that shes shuttling between labs then. Always thought shes with mefc.

Yes, cost for now. As far as I understand, you can do fresh cycle in any gov hospital, but KKH/SGH send their biopsy to NUH lab, pgs allowed only at NUH lab.
$7k should pay before ER, if no day 5 blast, or decide don’t do pgs, can inform them before day 5 and they will do $ refunds.
Ok thanks a lot. I'm doing pgd so the cost could be different. Very helpful info thank u

Hi,

Can i check with you whether a box that have length of 25cm, width of 20cm and height of 10cm able to store all the injections for a month? I going to kkh for ivf but are hiding from parent in law. So.need to keep in a box in the fridge.

Thanks!

2) CoEnzyme q10

Thks for sharing! Where to buy this? CoEnzyme q10

Hi,

Can i check with you whether a box that have length of 25cm, width of 20cm and height of 10cm able to store all the injections for a month? I going to kkh for ivf but are hiding from parent in law. So.need to keep in a box in the fridge.

Thanks!

Hihi i was able to keep all my jabs in those small cooler bags which is ard the same dimensions and with space left. So shld be good i think

Hihi i was able to keep all my jabs in those small cooler bags which is ard the same dimensions and with space left. So shld be good i think

Hihi,

What kind of cooler bag u bought? Need to still out in fridge? The main purpose is to hide from my parent in law.

here’s a funny thought.
i have seen people diy buy sewing chocolate packs over a white pouch.
maybe you sew the kotex pack over a white pouch.
lol.

otherwise real concerned people will open up just about anything.

Ann Tan is really good but expensive. I was visiting her until I decided to go KKH for IVF. But still no success so far.

Hihi,

What kind of cooler bag u bought? Need to still out in fridge? The main purpose is to hide from my parent in law.

Oh what i meant was that the cooler bag i used to store the jabs is of the same dimension so if u need get an ice box, the one of the same dimension shld be enough to fit all ur jabs. But the cooler bag im using has to be placed in fridge. Its only meant to keep the temp low during transportation.

Oh what i meant was that the cooler bag i used to store the jabs is of the same dimension so if u need get an ice box, the one of the same dimension shld be enough to fit all ur jabs. But the cooler bag im using has to be placed in fridge. Its only meant to keep the temp low during transportation.

Is there a specific timing for injection? Can do it every night at home or need to inject during working hours too? I am 1st time doing IVF.

Is there a specific timing for injection? Can do it every night at home or need to inject during working hours too? I am 1st time doing IVF.

The jabs are usually in the morning and evening time. Don’t worry, you do not need to inject at mid day or anything. So you can administer the injections before you go to work or after you are back from work.

Back