IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks. Actually I hv booked my hol in Nov but i still proceed for my FET in Nov because KKHIVF will close down for the whole month of Dec. my period is here now after 6 days of my ER. Hope to start my FET around end of Oct or beginning of Nov
Good luck! Thanks for the info on the reno for KKIVF in dec.

Hi,

Thks for ur reply. Wa, it means hard to tell my boss an exact period. Abit difficult to smoke my boss. Haha.

Hmm, so your ER is how many days away from ur 1st day of period? Ur cycle is quite long?

It is chromosome test. Cause suspect that i may have turner syndrome as my amh is very low at age 20+ and i am quite short. I just prayed that i am not. Else alot of complication. Now reading google make me super paranoid.

It is so difficult to tell the people around that i require IVF when i am below 30 with such bad blood test result. My fsh also range 8-10.

Fortune teller also say that i wont have any child. Thats make me go into all these tests and seems like the results are really bad.

Anyone with young age, low amh and have success?
why do you say it is difficult to smoke your boss ?
why do you count ER from period date ?
just curious :)
ER date is based on your follicle size, not period date.

why do you say it is difficult to smoke your boss ?
why do you count ER from period date ?
just curious :)
ER date is based on your follicle size, not period date.
Cause i dont intend to tell my boss.
But i have colleague that had done ivf before. So i guess my boss knows the timeline.
Counting from period date, maybe easier to know the period of ER? I usually ovulate day 14-16. Will it be about the same timing?

Cause i dont intend to tell my boss.
But i have colleague that had done ivf before. So i guess my boss knows the timeline.
Counting from period date, maybe easier to know the period of ER? I usually ovulate day 14-16. Will it be about the same timing?
i was like you. i dont intend to tell my boss.
but it will become tough when you need to disappear once in every 3 days.

when u have your menses, you will be on hormones pills to regulate your hormones. then your menses will come again.

then you will have stimulation jabs to stimulate your follicles. u will also have another jab to stop ovulation.

u will understand more when you get your 1st medication.

Jabs starts on CD2, ER usually on 11-14 CD, sometimes on day 16-17. Based on your young age, your stimulation would not be long. Some girls feel Ok after ER, some bad. First 2-3 days I couldn't walk, felt bloated, horrible acid reflux, gained 3.5 kg, I was on HL for 10 days from ER day.

Jabs starts on CD2, ER usually on 11-14 CD, sometimes on day 16-17. Based on your young age, your stimulation would not be long. Some girls feel Ok after ER, some bad. First 2-3 days I couldn't walk, felt bloated, horrible acid reflux, gained 3.5 kg, I was on HL for 10 days from ER day.

Last edited:
Is the weight gain from just being bloated?
Probably, I had constipation, problem with peeing, shortness of breath.
I think it was a kind of OHSS, only for first 3-5 days after ER. Don’t know why, only 12 eggs retrieved, maybe because of quite high jabs dosage.

Hi Ladies
Just sharing.
if u are thinking of doing Intralipid, do it about one week before, not 2 weeks as someone mentioned earlier. This is advise from Dr Sheila and it is for natural killer cells (NK). It will last in yr system for 14-18 days. If NK is high, may need more than 3 sessions.
if u do 2 weeks earlier, then after ET have to quickly do 2nd round.

Dr Loh's protocol is just a few days before ET, and when u get a positive test, one more time Intralipid and usually another time. 3 times in total (if dunno yr NK).

I heard Dr Sheila refers patients to Dr Marianne to do their Intralipid. clinic at Mt E.

This FET, I wanted to try 1 week earlier but only managed 4 days.

my fresh was 2 days, ended in chemical pregnancy. Although they are prob not related.

Last edited:
Hello, What if day 1 of menses falls on a saturday? Then call kkh on mon, then scan on tues? Thank u.
which part of scanning are you referring to ? :)
i am from NUH. i do have delays here and there because prof is away.

1st tablets of ivf taken around CD18.

my 1st jab was on CD6 of my next cycle.

Nope KKH does not provide, I bought my cooler bag from Daiso, I saw someone using the free one from Marigold, any small one will do.

KKH only provides ice pack with the meds, they give 1-2, at most they give me 3 when I request for more lol. So I collect ice packs, such as whenever I buy dessert and the store packs it in so I go to KKH with loads of ice

Good luck Salami! May all go well next week

I’m trying to stay chill....

Hi ladies... I went for IUI once but failed & decided to proceed with IVF after advise from my private gynae that I have cornual block on left side fallopian tube.. Anyone have the same and proceeded with IVF? I did ask if I can get a surgery done to open the blockage and my gynae reply is chances are low in suceeding.. I'm so not ready to face it.. encouragement are greatly needed

Hi ladies... I went for IUI once but failed & decided to proceed with IVF after advise from my private gynae that I have cornual block on left side fallopian tube.. Anyone have the same and proceeded with IVF? I did ask if I can get a surgery done to open the blockage and my gynae reply is chances are low in suceeding.. I'm so not ready to face it.. encouragement are greatly needed

Rine_YM,
I have a block tube too and i proceeded with IVF and now i have a 7yr old and 9months old boy conceived via IVF.
It was through IVF that i found out i had pcos with bad quality eggs. If i have insisted on unblocking my tube, i maybe still struggling with trying to conceive.
Agree with your doctor to proceed straight to IVF.

i was like you. i dont intend to tell my boss.
but it will become tough when you need to disappear once in every 3 days.

when u have your menses, you will be on hormones pills to regulate your hormones. then your menses will come again.

then you will have stimulation jabs to stimulate your follicles. u will also have another jab to stop ovulation.

u will understand more when you get your 1st medication.

Hmm, i tot once start menses, can proceed with the injection? Still need to regulate menses before starting the next cycle on IVF?

Rine_YM,
I have a block tube too and i proceeded with IVF and now i have a 7yr old and 9months old boy conceived via IVF.
It was through IVF that i found out i had pcos with bad quality eggs. If i have insisted on unblocking my tube, i maybe still struggling with trying to conceive.
Agree with your doctor to proceed straight to IVF.
But still quite scared of the procedure. Aren't u when u know that u need to go thru IVF?

KKHIVF will close down for the whole month of Dec? I just saw Dr Sadhana on Friday , she told me she will schedule me for Nov/Dec IVF but never inform me the KKHIVF will be closed?

Thanks. Actually I hv booked my hol in Nov but i still proceed for my FET in Nov because KKHIVF will close down for the whole month of Dec. my period is here now after 6 days of my ER. Hope to start my FET around end of Oct or beginning of Nov

I will be starting stimulation jabs today .. anyone on the same journey? I have a 4.5yo from previous IVF (3rd one to be exact and failed FETs) so this will be our last fresh.

What kind of checks?

blood test in day 2 and day 21 of your cycle. also amh blood test to see ovarian reserves. normal ultrasound. then there is a sis saline scan to check for cyst or fabriod if required. for male-sa test.

additional test depends on doc

Last edited:
KKHIVF will close down for the whole month of Dec? I just saw Dr Sadhana on Friday , she told me she will schedule me for Nov/Dec IVF but never inform me the KKHIVF will be closed?

Yup will be closed in end December, from what I understand I think 30 November is the last day that your period can come where you can be slotted in so maybe the doctor estimates that period will come before then? But I think better check with them to be sure!

Hi, can i check what is the number to call to KkH for blood test result before ivf. I think ivf centre wont have the result done in clinic.

Hi, can i check what is the number to call to KkH for blood test result before ivf. I think ivf centre wont have the result done in clinic.
If you do it in KKH, KKHIVF will have the blood test results. If you have done your blood test outside, you can still bring your results to the KKHIVF as long as it’s a recent result.

Hello, can i check is it common that after 1st consultation with dr tan (dr tan say that he will request IVf for me) but didnt mention whether i will be on long or short protocol?

I just received a call from kkivf centre and ask me to go down for ivf briefing/counselling and she asked me which cycle will i be?

I just merely answered nov then they scheduled the briefing.

They told me that the doctor at ivf will decide the doaage based on scan.

Is it common?

All my blood test was from private gynae and only 1 blood test at kkh and it is cleared.

Usually for those ultrascan, it is transvaginal? Even though we are having menses?

Last edited:
anyone knows the number to dial for appointments with andrology lab ?
i tried a few numbers from the nuh website but non got me to the one where we always make appointment with.

Hello, can i check is it common that after 1st consultation with dr tan (dr tan say that he will request IVf for me) but didnt mention whether i will be on long or short protocol?

I just received a call from kkivf centre and ask me to go down for ivf briefing/counselling and she asked me which cycle will i be?

Is it common?

All my blood test was from private gynae and only 1 blood test at kkh and it is cleared.

Usually for those ultrascan, it is transvaginal? Even though we are having menses?
hi actuali its normal as i believe dr tan checked your previous records in other hospital and order 1 blood trst he thinks its lacking n good to go. its actuali better to proceed ivf fast at a younger age for better chances in generally speaking.

its ok to do transviriginal scan at day 2. as only day 2 n 3 they can look at your follicle counts, thus predict dosage etc. all e best!

Is it common?

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Hello! my Dr also did not tell me if i am on Short or long protocol. But during the briefing i was informed i am on short protocol.

Once you start your IVF you will not see Dr Tan till ER and ET. Each consultation will be done by the ivf Dr on duty. They will adjust the stimm dose accordingly. When in doubt they usually will reach out to our Dr for confirmation.

During my D2 scan, it was the nurse that brief me on the kind of stimm injections etc. So i believe my dr would have decided before that to start with what kind of stimm injections. Good Luck to you =)

T
hi actuali its normal as i believe dr tan checked your previous records in other hospital and order 1 blood trst he thinks its lacking n good to go. its actuali better to proceed ivf fast at a younger age for better chances in generally speaking.

its ok to do transviriginal scan at day 2. as only day 2 n 3 they can look at your follicle counts, thus predict dosage etc. all e best!

Thanks connie_helpful!

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Hello! my Dr also did not tell me if i am on Short or long protocol. But during the briefing i was informed i am on short protocol.

Once you start your IVF you will not see Dr Tan till ER and ET. Each consultation will be done by the ivf Dr on duty. They will adjust the stimm dose accordingly. When in doubt they usually will reach out to our Dr for confirmation.

During my D2 scan, it was the nurse that brief me on the kind of stimm injections etc. So i believe my dr would have decided before that to start with what kind of stimm injections. Good Luck to you =)

Oh i see! So only on D2, they will teach you how to inject yourself? So u bring a cooler bag to hospital to keep the injection?

Oh i see! So only on D2, they will teach you how to inject yourself? So u bring a cooler bag to hospital to keep the injection?

Nope i did not bring. They will provide ice pack(those re useable) and put together with the jabs in the plastic bag.

Cooler bag i bring only on my second appointment to check the follicles growth, i will have 1 dose of GonalF left. The nurse want us not to jab that day, after the scan then decide to continue or not.

Yup on D2 scan, you go in for the bloody scan, then the nurse will talk to you about the protocol, then send you to pharmacy then come back for the nurse to teach you how to jab, when to jab etc. =)

Is it common?

Hi dear, when is your appt with Dr Tan? So fast can go for Nov slot already?

Back