IVF/ICSI Support Group

thanks everyone for the kind support and suggestions. BT officially negative. I’m sad but relieved. At least now it’s an official end. Will be seeing Dr on 1 July to plan the next steps.

any of you on TCM treatments too? I’ve been with Dr Zou Yu Min for about a year now. Weekly acupunctures + medication. My husband is now asking me if it’s because of my TCM that’s why it didn’t work -.-

Thanks for the tip !! I’m gonna take the next few months to change my diet and prep for the next session. I reckon if I stick to KKH sure must wait for a few more months before can try again.

Is your ivf result (numbers of embryo n fertilisation rate etc) better after Tcm? I feel Tcm is to build up your body and not really on egg quality. I have less mouth ulcer n better bowel after Tcm med.
I do not have good experience with dr Zou because her acu place is not relaxing n yes I feel like factory operating. I don’t know if things change now but few yrs back her acu bed was never wipe after each session n no paper roll on it. Sorry I am abit ocd. However she does have good knowledge n experience on IVF n many ladies bfp under her.

Is your ivf result (numbers of embryo n fertilisation rate etc) better after Tcm? I feel Tcm is to build up your body and not really on egg quality. I have less mouth ulcer n better bowel after Tcm med.
I do not have good experience with dr Zou because her acu place is not relaxing n yes I feel like factory operating. I don’t know if things change now but few yrs back her acu bed was never wipe after each session n no paper roll on it. Sorry I am abit ocd. However she does have good knowledge n experience on IVF n many ladies bfp under her.
This was my 1st cycle so I don’t know if it did help. I had a chemical pregnancy last year and felt that maybe I needed something to strengthen my body.

No viable embryos for freezing for me too. I couldn't accept and still can't accept it given that my doc said my embryos were good grade. just failed my first fresh.. BT today was negative.
Sorry to hear about this babe. Totally in the same boat as you. Let’s try a new fresh cycle together . We can do it !!

Hi dear! Im 32 currently and had 2 fresh IVF done at 31 years old. Before that at 30 years old i did SO IUI x 1 which failed & at 27-28 years old I did clomid x 5 cycles all failed. I had a chemical pregnancy in 2019 Nov which I didn't know I conceive naturally. It was at 6 weeks.

Hi dear, thank you!

My 1st cycle, i didnt do anything different.. i was diagnosed with Pre Diabetes (DM) with HBA1C level of 8.0mmol/L early Jan 2020 which is unacceptable in the range. Before doing IVF in April 2020, they want your HBA1C level to be less than 7mmol/L to prevent complications and my HBA1C was 6.7mmol/L. Still not too good but we went along. I didn't pantang on whatever meal I had. Sugary, sodas, fried items.. And no supplement taken except for Folic Acids & Metformin for DM. Its a failed cycle with only 2 blastocyst and bleeding before BT. OHSS were extremely bad post ER.. i didnt take any high protein food as advice.

When I decide to do my 2nd fresh cycle, 2 months before i started taking in:

- Blackmore's Conceive Well tablets x 2 months
- Folic Acids
- No cold beverage/Sugary drinks (Sodas/Juices)
- No Caffeine (Tea/Ice Lemon tea/Latte)
- Increase Warm Water Intake daily
- Increase Hot Fresh Soya Milk Drink 25% to no sugar (Daily)
- Increase Hot Red Dates Longan / Hot Ginger Tea in evening alternate once a day. I drink at Lunch.
- Wear socks at night to bed & warm womb with hot pad 2 days before ET.
- I ate alot of Soupy dishes like Spinach, Hotpot with veggies & Tofu/beancurds
- Post ER, i took Hot Soya Milk, Chicken Breast/Fillet, Tofu, Beancurd with less sugar, Egg whites Omelette till ET day (Day 5 post ER)
- I took Pregnancy Formula Milk (Nature's One Pregnancy) before bed.

I actually lost 5-7kg from 80kg to 75kg before ER from doing this without any exercise much as my work requires me to move about alot.. Now currently at 38 weeks i am at 77kg- 78kg with baby at 2.9kg estimated so the weight gain is more to lil one. My HBA1C is at 6.3mmol/L during my TWW and currently at 38 weeks HBA1C at 5.3mmol/L which is very good! :) Egg quality increased alot and my Dr was super surprised to know I didn't have any OHSS despite 24 eggs retrieved. Hope this help!

Also, i do have a blog where I update from my Clomid cycle back in 2018 till now..

I recorded the types of drugs I was given for all cycles, the egg sizes & linings for each scan visits, payments, prices etcs.. hope this give u ladies some ideas!
Hope it helps! ❤
Hi Azasha,
Thanks for the comprehensive sharing!
i’ve cut out cold and sugary drinks a long time ago (teenager as i have very bad menstrual cramps, was diagnosed with endometriosis later), and don’t regret that since i have no cravings for them now, apart from bubble tea once a blue moon. I’m also not a coffee drinker and seldom drink tea.

most of the time u took warm plain water than room temperature water? For the hot soya milk did you get from places like Mr bean, jollibee? How abt the red date and ginger tea, do u brew them?

For your meals do you cook or eat out more often? it’s hard to find healthy meals as i eat out more often. Can we take pregnancy formula milk given we are not pregnant?

i believe diet is important but not sure whether a couple of months help.

So far i’ve tried 3 rounds of clomid, 1 SO-IUI, which failed. Now in my 2ww 1st ivf cycle, no embryos to freeze.. and i don’t feel pregnant!

They say 7% to 30% and is used by blocking estrogen production. Usually given to PCOS to increase the chance. And clomid with PCOS can increase multiple pregnancy. It gets better when u do 2 to 3 more cycle. But for me seems like its not responding. Plus its pretty stressful when the BD schedule is every 2 days.. hehehe..
Hi Azasha,
i’ve cut out cold and sugary drinks a long time ago (teenager as i have very bad menstrual cramps, was diagnosed with endometriosis later), and don’t regret that since i have no cravings for them now, apart from bubble tea once a blue moon. I’m also not a coffee drinker and seldom drink tea.

most of the time u took warm plain water than room temperature water? For the hot soya milk did you get from places like Mr bean, jollibee? How abt the red date and ginger tea, do u brew them?

For your meals do you cook or eat out more often? it’s hard to find healthy meals as i eat out more often. Can we take pregnancy formula milk given we are not pregnant?

So far i’ve tried 3 rounds of clomid, 1 SO-IUI, which failed. Now in my 2ww 1st ivf cycle, no embryos to freeze.. and i don’t feel pregnant!

No viable embryos for freezing for me too. I couldn't accept and still can't accept it given that my doc said my embryos were good grade. just failed my first fresh.. BT today was negative.

So sorry to hear that. Take your time to grieve and don't rush through.

Will you be considering a further cycle? Sometimes, it's good to speak to the doctor to ask what can be done differently the next time round. Like what some sisters share here, the doctors may have a better idea of your body's response after each round.

I had my first round more than 5 years ago. Had 24 eggs extracted, 15 viable eggs, 9 fertilised, 1 transferred. Out of the remaining 8, 5 progressed to blast stage but none were recommended for freezing.

I recently went for my second fresh cycle and was really worried as age has a significant impact on quality of eggs. Had 31 eggs extracted. Only 5 fertilised BUT out of these 5, 2 were good grades and 1 fair. These 3 were actually recommended for freezing, which meant that the outcome was actually better than my first cycle.

So, don't give up. Speak to the doctor and see what's the next viable step for you.

*hugs*

So sorry to hear that. Take your time to grieve and don't rush through.

Will you be considering a further cycle? Sometimes, it's good to speak to the doctor to ask what can be done differently the next time round. Like what some sisters share here, the doctors may have a better idea of your body's response after each round.

I had my first round more than 5 years ago. Had 24 eggs extracted, 15 viable eggs, 9 fertilised, 1 transferred. Out of the remaining 8, 5 progressed to blast stage but none were recommended for freezing.

I recently went for my second fresh cycle and was really worried as age has a significant impact on quality of eggs. Had 31 eggs extracted. Only 5 fertilised BUT out of these 5, 2 were good grades and 1 fair. These 3 were actually recommended for freezing, which meant that the outcome was actually better than my first cycle.

So, don't give up. Speak to the doctor and see what's the next viable step for you.

*hugs*
Are u trying for no. 2 now? Sorry too many ladies here I cannot rem already.

Thank you for the optimism and for that piece of information ! As sad as it is, I think mine is definitely my period. I’ve been holding off doing any tests since I didn’t feel any symptoms worthy of testing and with this bleeding, I think I’ll just wait for the BT to close the chapter :)

May I know after your failed cycle, how long did it take you to go for the next one ?
I failed my fresh transfer in Mar 2020. As I only had 1 more poorly graded blastocyst left, I decided to do another retrieval instead. The 2nd retrieval was in Jul 2020. So about 3 month break for me.

I failed my fresh transfer in Mar 2020. As I only had 1 more poorly graded blastocyst left, I decided to do another retrieval instead. The 2nd retrieval was in Jul 2020. So about 3 month break for me.
Hello Harrie, dont mind if I ask if you are with KKH snd what grade is your blastocyst left? I also failed fresh and have one grade C blast and I’m thinking of doing another fresh instead of frozen.

Hello Harrie, dont mind if I ask if you are with KKH snd what grade is your blastocyst left? I also failed fresh and have one grade C blast and I’m thinking of doing another fresh instead of frozen.
I was with KKH for my first 2 IVF cycles which didn't succeed. Now I've moved to private clinic Alpha under Dr Tan HH.

After my first fresh at KKH, the balance blastocyst was grade C, day 6.

I was with KKH for my first 2 IVF cycles which didn't succeed. Now I've moved to private clinic Alpha under Dr Tan HH.

After my first fresh at KKH, the balance blastocyst was grade C, day 6
Mine also grade c day 6 I don’t know if I should use or do another fresh. The lab did say that some ppl their worst looking blast succeed while their grade A failed

Mine also grade c day 6 I don’t know if I should use or do another fresh. The lab did say that some ppl their worst looking blast succeed while their grade A failed
As we age , our eggs reduce and quality also drops. That was my reasoning to do another retrieval. Though I also heard that some women can succeed with day 6 embryos. After all the grading is a beauty contest only.

As we age , our eggs reduce and quality also drops. That was my reasoning to do another retrieval. Though I also heard that some women can succeed with day 6 embryos. After all the grading is a beauty contest only.
Hmm are u planning to use your balance one? I am still thinking about it and will ask doc for advice ...ask u girls, do you all have any white clots from the menses after a failed cycle? To my horror on first day my toilet bowl is filled with clots and one of it is white membrane like meat.

I was left with a day 2 embryo from my third retrieval. Considering that as egg quality may drop as we age, my frozen day 2 embryo may not survive thawing and I am open to having more children if my new cycle succeeds, I went ahead to do my fourth ivf stim. Hope this sharing helps in your decision making.

I was left with a day 2 embryo from my third retrieval. Considering that as egg quality may drop as we age, my frozen day 2 embryo may not survive thawing and I am open to having more children if my new cycle succeeds, I went ahead to do my fourth ivf stim. Hope this sharing helps in your decision making.
Ok so the decision point is pool more eggs while we are younger yea! Haha the bad quality ones keep it in case we finish fundings etc last resort to use

Those who did first cycle in KKH and failed ... is it worth switching to a private doctor like Virtus / TMC? I actually think I should stick to KKH since they already have my records and it will be easier to tweak the next cycle treatments with that. Plus I do like KKH’s service (except for the waiting time). But husband is asking me to consider private instead.

Hmm are u planning to use your balance one? I am still thinking about it and will ask doc for advice ...ask u girls, do you all have any white clots from the menses after a failed cycle? To my horror on first day my toilet bowl is filled with clots and one of it is white membrane like meat.
Did you use crinone ? Maybe the white clots are the remains of the crinone gel.

Those who did first cycle in KKH and failed ... is it worth switching to a private doctor like Virtus / TMC? I actually think I should stick to KKH since they already have my records and it will be easier to tweak the next cycle treatments with that. Plus I do like KKH’s service (except for the waiting time). But husband is asking me to consider private instead.
Depends on how comfortable & satisfied u r with current doc/clinic. But even if u want to switch, there shudn't be any problem with records as KKH wud handover all reports to u.

The embryologist called me without telling me about the grade and I didn’t ask. and suddenly I think not knowing about the grade wasn’t bad after all.

I feel this month more clot than usual and till today I still feel slight cramp.

The embryologist called me without telling me about the grade and I didn’t ask. and suddenly I think not knowing about the grade wasn’t bad after all.
Same here, I never asked doc or embryologist for grade. Just remember them saying it was 'good' which didn't turn out to good eventually :( For next cycle am gonna write all my questions before going to doc.

Same here, I never asked doc or embryologist for grade. Just remember them saying it was 'good' which didn't turn out to good eventually :( For next cycle am gonna write all my questions before going to doc.

all the best for ur next cycle. Yeah, doctor did said mine is good too.. but she nvr really give me high hope. May I know what is the infertility issue you had?

If you are comfortable with KKH, not a bad idea to keep with the same doc.

But KK's current waiting time is 3 months minimally. I found their scan timings very inflexible too.

Private, you get the benefit of shorter wait time and the experience is a lot more comfortable. The doc would adjust the scan schedule according to my convenience - which was important in reducing any work related stress.

She said first Fresh. In deed, I think it is all about luck. My friend first try twins deliver this July. Last time my ex colleague also success on first try… I nvr know in fact it is so difficult…
There was this influencer who also got it on her first try. @nellielim and twins somemore. Hopefully second time is a charm for us.

She said first Fresh. In deed, I think it is all about luck. My friend first try twins deliver this July. Last time my ex colleague also success on first try… I nvr know in fact it is so difficult…

I'm very lucky that I had 1 blast that made it. Because the rest of my embryos didn't make the cut.

Besides luck, age and prep does make a difference too. The younger you are, the easier it'll be, both for the guy and the girl. To anyone who'd listen, I'd say, don't wait, just go for it already. And when you do, let go of other concerns like work etc. If you are going to blow $15k - $20k on this, at least give it your best. I regretted not taking leave and stressing myself up like crazy the first time. So this time, I just took leave as needed.

Prep wise, this time my doc put me on Coq10 to improve my eggs quality due to my age. DH made sure he was rested and refrained from drinking. I ate 4 eggs (just the whites) every day until I wanted to puke just from seeing eggs. It seemed to have helped, since 3 blasts made it to freezing (as opposed to none the last time).

But the real test is whether it sticks, right? That, I can only tell you after my 2WW!

I'm very lucky that I had 1 blast that made it. Because the rest of my embryos didn't make the cut.

Besides luck, age and prep does make a difference too. The younger you are, the easier it'll be, both for the guy and the girl. To anyone who'd listen, I'd say, don't wait, just go for it already. And when you do, let go of other concerns like work etc. If you are going to blow $15k - $20k on this, at least give it your best. I regretted not taking leave and stressing myself up like crazy the first time. So this time, I just took leave as needed.

Prep wise, this time my doc put me on Coq10 to improve my eggs quality due to my age. DH made sure he was rested and refrained from drinking. I ate 4 eggs (just the whites) every day until I wanted to puke just from seeing eggs. It seemed to have helped, since 3 blasts made it to freezing (as opposed to none the last time).

But the real test is whether it sticks, right? That, I can only tell you after my 2WW!
Hows ur yield for 2nd fresh

How old were you when you did your first fresh?

Hi Potatolover18!!

Hi Azasha,

Same here! I do crave them once a while. No problem to indulge it them once a while.. hehe

I love warmer plain water than room temp. I tend to feel nausea if I drink room temp unless i squeeze a lemon in it.. Yup i do get from Mr Bean, Jollibean when in malls & those stalls that sells fresh soya milk in markets, shop houses.. The red dates & ginger tea i just drink the 3 in 1 or 2 in 1 packet.. u can brew them too.

During my TWW, my husband is the one who did the cooking.. like hotpot veggies, egg white omelette, chicken wrap with veggies. If we are outside, we will grab some meal.. but most of the time, i'll do the cooking.. hehe..

Can dear, the Pregnancy milk contains minerals & vitamins needed to prep our body. No harm drinking them.. just adding some nutrients pre conception.. :)

It makes a lot of difference dear! Even a change made in 1 month makes a big difference too! :)

When i had my 2nd IVF which succeed, i have no symptoms at all except for a sharp 1 sec poking pain 30mins after the transfer at my womb. Thats all for the whole cycle.. hehe..

Hi all

did you all get prescribed with the anti biotic (azithromycin)
after fet? The 4 pills that might causediarrhea?
Just took it after fet today and diarrhoea for 3-4 times already. So worried it will lower the chance of implantation :(

Last edited:
Hi all

Just took it after fet today and diarrhoea for 3-4 times already. So worried it will lower the chance of implantation :(
I wasn't given antibiotic for FETs.. Did ur dr say why need antibiotic?

Hi all

ya, it's to prevent infection I believe.

normal to diarrhoea after it... haha...

Back