Real cost of IVF at Thomson Medical

sansuman

Hello Everyone,

came across this forum, its awesome. This is my first post.

we have been TTC since three years without any luck, did three cycles of IUI but all negative.

Now trying for IVF but scared of the expenses. Can anyone share their experience of how much does it cost for entire IVF cycle at Thomson Medical?

Any other hospitals where is it less expensive? For your information, we are foreigners here in Singapore so no insurance:-(

please share your thoughts.

It varies from person to person, depending on the amount of medication you require to achieve the desired outcome. Apart from the procedures, the bulk of the cost come from stimulation injections before ER and support medication after ET. At TFC, I was quoted 13-19k, and it cost me about 22k from start to BT.

My experience was good! Conceived on first try, their service is good, just costly. Perhaps for cheaper alternatives you may try public hospitals like KKH, NUH or SGH? Cost should be less than 20k even for foreigners with no subsidies.

Last edited:
It varies from person to person, depending on the amount of medication you require to achieve the desired outcome. Apart from the procedures, the bulk of the cost come from stimulation injections before ER and support medication after ET. At TFC, I was quoted 13-19k, and it cost me about 22k from start to BT.

With about 22k, is it some claimable by medisave? And do tfc allows patient to choose gender of embryo?

With about 22k, is it some claimable by medisave? And do tfc allows patient to choose gender of embryo?

For medisave 1st fresh claimable 6k
2nd fresh 5k
3rd fresh 4k
Up to maximum 15k per lifetime

In sg it is illegal by law to select gender for embryo transfer. Even doing pgs/pgd it is not allowed to reveal gender selection.

For medisave 1st fresh claimable 6k
2nd fresh 5k
3rd fresh 4k
Up to maximum 15k per lifetime

In sg it is illegal by law to select gender for embryo transfer. Even doing pgs/pgd it is not allowed to reveal gender selection.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know pgs/pgd not allowed to reveal gender too. Okay, then probably next ivf will have to be 2 embryos transfer to give me best chance of the other gender.

If you do a fresh transfer, you can claim up to 6k from your medisave. But if you do frozen transfer, they'll count as 2 cycles and you can claim up to 11k.

Whatttt! I don't know they count frozen transfer as 2 cycles!! I mistakenly think that it will still be counted as 1 cycle but only charge the transfer cost! So basically only save the cost on stim medication for frozen cycle. Thanks for educating.

If you do a fresh transfer, you can claim up to 6k from your medisave. But if you do frozen transfer, they'll count as 2 cycles and you can claim up to 11k.
i thought for given 3 cycles each for fresh n frozen....if opt for frozen then they will count fresh x1 & frozen x 1....claim $6k on fresh n $2.2k on frozen....

i thought for given 3 cycles each for fresh n frozen....if opt for frozen then they will count fresh x1 & frozen x 1....claim $6k on fresh n $2.2k on frozen....
This does make sense! But I claimed 11k on my first round of ER + FET though!

Anyone got the timeline sheet or cost breakdown sheet for ivf at tmc? Can pm me? Thanks alot

My experience was good! Conceived on first try, their service is good, just costly. Perhaps for cheaper alternatives you may try public hospitals like KKH, NUH or SGH? Cost should be less than 20k even for foreigners with no subsidies.
Hi Can you share which doctor treated you? once again congrats

Hello. New Member here. Congrats on your first try. Can you share which doctor treated you? Thank you!

Back