IVF/ICSI Support Group

No because I dont have many embryos.
Ummm, not sure about your religion, but if you happen to be a Taoist, you can head to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Shuang Lin Temple. The deity has blessed many couples with babies.

Sometimes, when you have exhausted all the options, you may seek divine intervention. Sometimes it works.

I have been there many times & also collected the red eggs. I have done so many things that all the ladies tried but still failed. Maybe I should go for donated embryo. But I have not heard of anybody doing this in this thread.

I have been there many times & also collected the red eggs. I have done so many things that all the ladies tried but still failed. Maybe I should go for donated embryo. But I have not heard of anybody doing this in this thread.
If I remember correctly, there was this forum-goer who actually donated a few embryos to a few childless couples and their dream came true. Let me search for that post.

All ivf fresh/frozen, iui cycle have already halt due to virus outbreak in govt hospital (nuh/sgh/kkh). Those doing next month/following month suspended until further notice.
Hi,

Are you doing the ivf next/following month? Did you hear it from the govt hospital? Thanks.

I'm supposed to do my counselling 17 feb but not supposed to start my cycle until my TSH normalise, not sure if we still csm proceed for counseling. Will call nuh on Monday and update!

Yes for sure. She has helped a couple of ladies in this forum to get BFP also. She's Dr Loh Kim Gek at Thong Chai Chinatown.

For acupuncture I see Dr Qiu Xiaoqian at Ang Mo Kio. These are my benefactors which I will remain forever grateful!

Hi,

Can I check to book appointment with Dr Loh is it only by walk in? I see the registration chart for Thong chai, the temp number issued since 5.30am? Means we have to go down to queue?

Unfortunately, my first ivf cycle has failed. Was a bit down and mentally exhausted due to the hormone drugs. Going to rest my body for several months before the next cycle.
Any suggestions on how to prepare the body better for the next cycle for the implantation? Like diet etc - higher protein and acupuncture

I have 2 frozen embryos but they are grade C. Although the hospital said that the grading of the embryo does not constitute to the success rate. However, I read it from online that grade C does not stand a substantial chance for implantation. Any one has grade C embryo transferred and have a baby?

Possible. I had 2 grade C embryos successfully implanted on 2 separate occasions. Both were during fresh cycle. But yes, grade C is still possible.

Hahaha. My best acu experience is at Thomson Tcm. Nice room with music. N yes they change the paper roll for every patient.

Me too! Ive been through many cycles while undergoing accupuncture with Dr Zou, but feel that I prefered the more personalised treatment regime planned for me at Thomson. I see Dr Gee (shes now at Paragon branch) and BFP under her care. Jiayou everyone!

May I know how long did you take her TCM then get BFP? How many times you drink weekly?
I took her herbs 3 months prior my FET then from Trim 2 till my confinement.
My then prescription was to drink 2 days and stop for a day but at times, its a daily prescription till the next visit.
So its v. fluid and she would advise based on individual's body constitution.

I took her herbs 3 months prior my FET then from Trim 2 till my confinement.
My then prescription was to drink 2 days and stop for a day but at times, its a daily prescription till the next visit.
So its v. fluid and she would advise based on individual's body constitution.

I went to see her for 2 times to tiao my body and her approach is to get your health back on shape first. She told me to drink for 6 days a week seems like alot and i only drink for 4 days haha. Did you do the test for FSH as per what she mentioned?

Hi ladies, hoping to seek some advice for post ET. I’ve just gotten my embryos frozen, cos I’m at risk at OHSS so doc advised against doing fresh. They extracted 27 eggs hence my hormone levels are pretty high. I was given the 20 day MC, and today is day 8.

I feel generally fine can cook, eat, walk (slowly) but except when I tried walked a longer distance yesterday (like to NTUC near my house and back), the womb area feels abit “loose” and stings abit. Also not forgetting my bloated tummy that looks like 3 month preg :(
I can bend and squat too, only slightly uncomfortable.

Keen to return to work since I’m not doing fresh cycle and don’t want to appear gone for too Long, but not sure if I am considered as well enough to? Anyone had similar experiences?

I went to see her for 2 times to tiao my body and her approach is to get your health back on shape first. She told me to drink for 6 days a week seems like alot and i only drink for 4 days haha. Did you do the test for FSH as per what she mentioned?
I did not do FSH test as I had frozen blastocysts and I told her candidly that I got no hope of conceiving naturally.. so don't waste time about testing my FSH.

Yes I had real bad sinusitis which had been bugging me for years when I first saw her... so she was battling in trying to help me fix my 湿热 body and also helping me prep for my womb for FET. These 2 conditions are tricky..... they are like opposing issues. Herbs to fix 湿热 will cause my body to be 寒... and to condition my womb... sometimes i get too heaty with the herbs. So she did alot of adjustments to my herbs along the way. Grateful to have seen her as no other TCMs I saw previously even attempted to fix my sinusitis while preparing me for FET. Even till now, I still go back to visit her on common issues.

Hi ladies, hoping to seek some advice for post ET. I’ve just gotten my embryos frozen, cos I’m at risk at OHSS so doc advised against doing fresh. They extracted 27 eggs hence my hormone levels are pretty high. I was given the 20 day MC, and today is day 8.

I feel generally fine can cook, eat, walk (slowly) but except when I tried walked a longer distance yesterday (like to NTUC near my house and back), the womb area feels abit “loose” and stings abit. Also not forgetting my bloated tummy that looks like 3 month preg :(
I can bend and squat too, only slightly uncomfortable.

Keen to return to work since I’m not doing fresh cycle and don’t want to appear gone for too Long, but not sure if I am considered as well enough to? Anyone had similar experiences?
I had 28 eggs retrieved and was also on high risk of OHSS. Had lots of bloating for at least 3 days though I could walk and function as normal. But my period came by the 5th day i think, and all the bloating went away there onwards. I think maybe you would want to wait for your menses to come first.

Hi ladies. my menses came sat afternoon. Should I just go down on Monday for the first scan for my fresh cycle? Or shld I call kkh ivf centre first? TiA

Hi ladies. my menses came sat afternoon. Should I just go down on Monday for the first scan for my fresh cycle? Or shld I call kkh ivf centre first? TiA
Better for you to call them first. You can call them early in the morning on Monday. Kkh ivf centre operating time starts from 7.30am. Is your menses full flow yet? Normally they will require you to call when it is full flow and not spotting.

Better for you to call them first. You can call them early in the morning on Monday. Kkh ivf centre operating time starts from 7.30am. Is your menses full flow yet? Normally they will require you to call when it is full flow and not spotting.
Yes is full flow. Cos I need to work tmr so cant afford to call and then go down. Then it will take up whole morning. Thanks. I think I will just go down and take q number then ask.

Yes is full flow. Cos I need to work tmr so cant afford to call and then go down. Then it will take up whole morning. Thanks. I think I will just go down and take q number then ask.
U can call them while otw down to notify them abt it. This is wat the nurses told me if menses come on sat afternoon or sundays

I did not do FSH test as I had frozen blastocysts and I told her candidly that I got no hope of conceiving naturally.. so don't waste time about testing my FSH.

Yes I had real bad sinusitis which had been bugging me for years when I first saw her... so she was battling in trying to help me fix my 湿热 body and also helping me prep for my womb for FET. These 2 conditions are tricky..... they are like opposing issues. Herbs to fix 湿热 will cause my body to be 寒... and to condition my womb... sometimes i get too heaty with the herbs. So she did alot of adjustments to my herbs along the way. Grateful to have seen her as no other TCMs I saw previously even attempted to fix my sinusitis while preparing me for FET. Even till now, I still go back to visit her on common issues.

Did u do periodic liver tests while drinking her TCM?

Did u do periodic liver tests while drinking her TCM?

Nope. I only did a detail liver profile test when i first started seeing Dr Loh. She did not request for me to perform any periodic tests. But that was in 2017 when i last saw her on ttc-ing. Not sure if she thinks if that’s necessary now.

Nope. I only did a detail liver profile test when i first started seeing Dr Loh. She did not request for me to perform any periodic tests. But that was in 2017 when i last saw her on ttc-ing. Not sure if she thinks if that’s necessary now.

I see. I will continue to visit her to tiao my body while TTC n preparing for IVF if I have the chance to start cycle before I’m 40.

Thank you for your advice!
Baby dust to you! :))

Hi! Did KKH inform you about holding off the IVF procedures till future notice due to the Covid-19? Would suggest you give them a call first before heading down to see if they still allow you to proceed with the fresh cycle...

Hi! Did KKH inform you about holding off the IVF procedures till future notice due to the Covid-19? Would suggest you give them a call first before heading down to see if they still allow you to proceed with the fresh cycle...
They told me is ok to go today for first scan. They did not mention abt Covid-19.

Yep yep! I have friends who BFPed with grade C too!

Yep... bfped with twins previously (one grade B one grade C) and now expecting with a grade C...

Jiayiu jiayou!
Congrats! Wow. A twins and a baby on the way! Amazing!

Thanks for the encouragement! I am more motivated to try my next cycle. Still thinking fresh or frozen.

Hi! Haha I remember his words, “if your NK cells level is elevated, you go for intralipid infusion; if its not elevated, the immunologist would still refer you for intralipid infusion. So why check?”

In fact, the NK cell level using a blood test is not reflective of actual NK cell activity within the uterus.
Since intralipid infusion is relatively harmless and simple, he would usually recommend for his patients with recurrent implantation failure.

Dr Loh is someone who is very sensible in his decision making and dislikes wasting his patient’s money unnecessarily.
can I ask how much is it?I have recurrent IVF fail and was recommended for intralipid by dr sheila..would like to know how much is it?

can I ask how much is it?I have recurrent IVF fail and was recommended for intralipid by dr sheila..would like to know how much is it?

Hi! If i dont remember wrongly it cost about 100? Maybe someone can correct me on that. Wishing you all the best :)

230$ for one session, I had about 5. Dr. Sheila refers for intralipid to a gynae clinic on same level(7) with her clinic.

230$ for one session, I had about 5. Dr. Sheila refers for intralipid to a gynae clinic on same level(7) with her clinic.

SRV,
Perhaps u could try calling up Dr Loh’s OG clinic to ask to compare prices first. It is not more than 200 from my memory. I see Dr Sheila too. She would be ok with wherever u choose to get the intralipid done.

Hi, can you add me to the whatsapp group please? Thank you. I tried to pm you but can't get through.

Hi dear, i would like to join the whatsapp group for IVF too.
Im new here, 29y/0 with no fertility issue, went for IVT because hubby problem, last year tried fresh FET but failed. try again this year, im going for medicated FET on 3/3 with day 5 embryo. today just did the scanning for lining, the thickness only 6.5mm.... im crying.... how come my lining so thin? I did go for acupuncture twice a week, exercise every week.
any advise can increase the lining within a week...... looking for advise....pls

i did at tow yung clinic at orchard rwcomended by ladies here. About $200 each session lasted 1hr. i only did twice as i didnt have much leave to spare at that period of time.And with that intralipid trials and many failure of ivf and iui my lo curently 25mths from my 1 and only medicated fet.

Hi ladies! I went thru natural IUI twice and twice embryo transfer, all failed and waiting for 3rd embryo transfer in April (after 8 mths). No fertility issue only my husband has low sperm count and mobility. Am not feeling negative abt it because I know if we keep trying we will succeed soon :) should make use of the resting period to tao my body. I have been going for tcm and accupture. My tcm Dr asked to drink goji+red dates everyday and red bean soup every alternate days.

Any Other tips to share? If there is WA group, I will like to join too! Let's all jiayou together!!

Back