IVF 2019

I feel so bloated now. Hard to sit up straight so keep lying down plus must lie side way.

Will drink more water and 100+ hopefully the bloatness can gone soon.
Ya, I had bloating for like 3-4 days. The first day I slept almost whole day. I think 100+ will really help with your bloating.

Today’s wait from the lab is the most nerve wrecking. From yesterday’s update, I already have 1 frozen Day 5 blastocyst, but there are 2 more growing and they want to give it another day. I prayed all day that we get at least 1 more to go.

Lab called at 5.30pm to inform that I have 1 more which made it. Praise God! I am feeling so thankful now. Thanks for all the support and positive vibes here :D

Praise The Lord. Good to hear that and good luck for your FET.

Finally the embryoist call. Out of 28 follicle retrieve yesterday, only 22 got eggs. And manage to fertilise 21 egg.
Now they need to monitor the growth of the cell. Must wait till Monday then got result.

They worry I got OHSS say might freeze it.
Need to wait till Monday and check on me before decide.

But good thing is after drinking lots of 100plus today morning the bloating gone. Except last night keep waking up run toilet to pee.

Now trying to eat more egg whites hopefully body can recover soon.

I now have to prepare my body for the fet. I am thinking weekly acupuncture, daily eggs and avocados, fish at least every other day and nuts perhaps? Any other suggestion to prep my body?
Beside food, I think u need to mentally relax as well. Cause the stress and anxious not good for body. You can try going slow walk daily after dinner to relax and as a form of exercise too.

May the baby dust spread upon u.

Finally the embryoist call. Out of 28 follicle retrieve yesterday, only 22 got eggs. And manage to fertilise 21 egg.
Now they need to monitor the growth of the cell. Must wait till Monday then got result.

But good thing is after drinking lots of 100plus today morning the bloating gone. Except last night keep waking up run toilet to pee.

wah that’s very good numbers!!

I now have to prepare my body for the fet. I am thinking weekly acupuncture, daily eggs and avocados, fish at least every other day and nuts perhaps? Any other suggestion to prep my body?
you can do a bit of yoga if that’s something you like? only gentle yoga like yin yoga or restorative yoga can be good. or if you prefer at-home practice, search on youtube for fertility yoga. i also did fertility massages every other week. it’s not necessary but was very calming to know that my womb is in the correct position etc. i loved my weekly acupuncture sessions, super relaxing! i did it at the TCM at NUH, the physician will do acupuncture sessions to strengthen lining and all that.

are you doing medicated or natural FET?

Mine is under Dr Yong. I went into deep sleep, so I don't really feel it. You can feel the nurses expedited to make sure everything is within 36hr from my last jab.
My hubby when in with me to see the whole procedure. What he told me, they put the probe ultrasound in then use a very thin needle to suck.
Dr is very good and explain to him what is on the ultrasound screen.

When finish procedure they will wake u up ensure u r ok, then send u to recovery room to sleep.

Before go home they give me a HCG jab and now need to eat medicine 3times a day to ensure the uterus is ready for egg transfer.
Wow kkh allows husband to go in and observe the ER?

Hi Billie, I posted this in the other IVF thread but I have been following the ketogenic diet for the past 5 months - the very low carb and high fat / high protein diet is good for fertility, even if you go for Mediterranean / variations of diet besides ketogenic diet.
https://www.cnyfertility.com/about-us/fertile-food/

Saw Prof today and we agreed to go for the medicated fet. I didnt realise how long it will take before the actual transfer day which will be in May. We also had to extend the protocol for a week to accommodate for the lab closure days.

you can do a bit of yoga if that’s something you like? only gentle yoga like yin yoga or restorative yoga can be good. or if you prefer at-home practice, search on youtube for fertility yoga. i also did fertility massages every other week. it’s not necessary but was very calming to know that my womb is in the correct position etc. i loved my weekly acupuncture sessions, super relaxing! i did it at the TCM at NUH, the physician will do acupuncture sessions to strengthen lining and all that.

are you doing medicated or natural FET?

Doing medicated because my cycle is irregular. Mind sharing where you do your massages? I love massages in general :D

Doing medicated because my cycle is irregular. Mind sharing where you do your massages? I love massages in general :D
medicated means less stress for you, just need to focus on growing nice and thick lining. acupuncture should be able to help you with this...

i got a lady to do at-home massages it’s $150 for 1.5-2hours. she is always fully booked but you can try searching on this forum for contacts.

My next scan is on Monday! So excited. I just started Orangultran injections today and that one hurt; my belly is all reddish now.

Do you know if your husband will be waiting for you at the hospital during your ER? Or will he only come pick you up after you’re discharged? Still unsure what to tell my husband to do haha

I had my Ovidrel on 23rd and I just had my ER today. Only 6 oocytes extracted. Probably due to my age. Not sure how many are matured. My ET is planned this sat, to be updated again. Praying very hard that I can have at least an embryo to transfer.

My hb waited for me at one of the cafes. More comfortable than the reception area. Can be quite boring for him if he didn’t have anything to do.

I had my Ovidrel on 23rd and I just had my ER today. Only 6 oocytes extracted. Probably due to my age. Not sure how many are matured. My ET is planned this sat, to be updated again. Praying very hard that I can have at least an embryo to transfer.

My hb waited for me at one of the cafes. More comfortable than the reception area. Can be quite boring for him if he didn’t have anything to do.

All the best to u!!

I can feel your hb bcos I waited by wife twice last year but still can’t beat the pain n side effect for the hormone dosage that inject in my wife body everyday. :)

This might be a bit late but try to drink 100 plus zero instead of 100 plus! The sugar in 100 plus may affect the impact of your efforts to up the protein intake.

All the best and good luck! No worries about the number of follicles retrieved, pray that most of them are mature and fertilised to good quality embryo.

Jia you!!

Hi ladies!
I'm new here, stumble across this thread and find it helpful. I'm going for my IVF counseling on this coming Friday at NUH. Abit nervous and do not know what to expect. I'm with Prof Wong at NUH and failed 3 iui. Both me and DH are 27 but unfortunately we have that they called an unexplainable infertility hence we have to go for IVF. Is there a WhatsApp group chat for this group?

Hi ladies!
I'm new here, stumble across this thread and find it helpful. I'm going for my IVF counseling on this coming Friday at NUH. Abit nervous and do not know what to expect. I'm with Prof Wong at NUH and failed 3 iui. Both me and DH are 27 but unfortunately we have that they called an unexplainable infertility hence we have to go for IVF. Is there a WhatsApp group chat for this group?

Hi! During counseling, they usually explain what to expect for IVF, the cost, procedure.

If there is a WS chat grp, i would love to join too.

Three years back, my hubby was diagnosed with low morphology. We tried IUI once but failed.

Took TCM for 1 year and after stopping the tcm for abt 2 mths, we went back to the same doc to consult on IVF.

Apparently, my follicles count increases and there is no fibroids detected. We decided to go ahead with the IVF in March when my menses came.

Was prescribed with Gona F and Menupur from D1 and an additional daily jab of Centrotide from D8 onwards. However, maybe due to age, the detected follicle counts did nt really reach the ideal std number to be retrieved yet. The doc suggested to extend 1 more day to collect more follicles.

I was quite worried that not all follicles collected will contain eggs but the doc tried to encourage n most follicles will contain eggs unless I m diagnosed with empty follicle symptoms.

For the trigger, the doc prescribed decapeptyl jabs. My ab is in great pain after this injection, which I did not encounter for the other few earlier injections....now waiting for 2 more days for my ER ...

Seems like for every stage of IVF, there are new things to worry about... Now I m scared that my egg quality is not good since I hv not been taking regular supplements before this and we have stopped TCM for 2 mths.

Three years back, my hubby was diagnosed with low morphology. We tried IUI once but failed.

Took TCM for 1 year and after stopping the tcm for abt 2 mths, we went back to the same doc to consult on IVF.

Apparently, my follicles count increases and there is no fibroids detected. We decided to go ahead with the IVF in March when my menses came.

Was prescribed with Gona F and Menupur from D1 and an additional daily jab of Centrotide from D8 onwards. However, maybe due to age, the detected follicle counts did nt really reach the ideal std number to be retrieved yet. The doc suggested to extend 1 more day to collect more follicles.

I was quite worried that not all follicles collected will contain eggs but the doc tried to encourage n most follicles will contain eggs unless I m diagnosed with empty follicle symptoms.

For the trigger, the doc prescribed decapeptyl jabs. My ab is in great pain after this injection, which I did not encounter for the other few earlier injections....now waiting for 2 more days for my ER ...

Seems like for every stage of IVF, there are new things to worry about... Now I m scared that my egg quality is not good since I hv not been taking regular supplements before this and we have stopped TCM for 2 mths.
So tomorrow is trigger? How many eggs are growing?
My ER on Saturday, today is last day of gonal inj, trigger tomorrow, 13 eggs growing.

Try to relax yrself as it will be good for your eggs as well. I also stopped tcm for ivf but continue on acupuncture to help with the lining. All the best in your ER! Pray that all eggs are mature and good one!

Hi Dreamer09,

I feel u. Every stage is so stressful that you have to worry about this, about that.
Stay positive and all the best for your ER.

Try to relax n not worries too much. As long as there is follicle chances are there.

Stop TCM or not supplements won’t significant reduce your chances. We were stop around 6 mths before the IVF.

Lab just called to update on Day 3 results. No change to previous day’s result which i think is great news:

5 good quality
1 average quality
1 below average

Do these indicators (“good”, “average”, “below average”) follow some sort of scientific / national standard? Would be grateful if anyone can share some insight.

Out of many eggs I've gotten, all were bad qualities except 2 which made it so far.
So KKH doctor advised me to insert 2 even though I just wish to have only 1 inserted.
So I decided to listen to doctor's advise..to put 2.
1 good quality 1 average = both made it.

Out of many eggs I've gotten, all were bad qualities except 2 which made it so far.
So KKH doctor advised me to insert 2 even though I just wish to have only 1 inserted.

Hi 88berries,

Both made it = twins? Will like to Congrats to you first.

I was called back by my doc to perform ET for 2 D2 embryos today. Grade 4 and grade 3. Out of the 6 follicles retrieved only 5 are matured eggs then only 3 fertilised, with two still growing on D2. Tough decision to transfer 1 or 2. Doc says no point waiting till d5 since I’m left with 2 embryos. I hesitated to transfer one and let the other continue to grow in the lab. But I’m afraid I might lose it.

In the end I transferred both. Blood test on 12th. Praying v hard for my beanies to stick well.

Blood test positive?

It’s true that not all follicles will have eggs and even if have eggs, not all may be mature enough. I had 20 eggs out of 20 follicles but only 10 mature enough to be fertilized. I read in the forums here that they ate alot of protein before egg retrieval to improve the maturity of the eggs. You might want to give that a try, i didnt find out about this until after my ER.

But follicle count aside, its really quality over quantity. So even if your follicle count is low, its the quality that matters, so jia you and press on :)

That is comforting to hear, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Hi 88berries,

I was called back by my doc to perform ET for 2 D2 embryos today. Grade 4 and grade 3. Out of the 6 follicles retrieved only 5 are matured eggs then only 3 fertilised, with two still growing on D2. Tough decision to transfer 1 or 2. Doc says no point waiting till d5 since I’m left with 2 embryos. I hesitated to transfer one and let the other continue to grow in the lab. But I’m afraid I might lose it.

In the end I transferred both. Blood test on 12th. Praying v hard for my beanies to stick well.

Did u opt for Frozen Embyro Transfer or Fresh Transfer initially? May I know how old are you?

Congrats

Congrats! Hope to hear more happy news in this thread.

Hi 88berries,

Sara good luck to you!!! i think good decision to transfer both, your beanies may prefer to grow in your warm cozy womb

take care of yourself during the tww and watch lots of happy shows! laugh and smile for your beanie babies

Hi All, I am glad that I have read your stories. I would like to share my story. I have been married for 4 years. And no news at all. Last year me and hub went for checkup. And I was diagnosed with fallopian tube block on the right side. Doc from Thomson recommend me to do IVF. But quite expensive as it was private. So we decide to try TCM. We tried for 6 mths. No news. And now I just went to polyclinic to get a referral letter. And my first appt is 11 April 2019. I am really nervous. Not sure how long will it takes for my first ivf. I am 32 this year. Can't wait any longer. People around me gets pregnant so easily and whenever I hear good news from them I am happy yet upset at myself. I really want a kid. My mum is concerned as IVF isn't a sure pregnant thing. Her friend did like 5 times before she succeeded. Not sure when will be the next appt for ivf after the first appt.

We got the 1st call from the hosp today.

Out of 16 follicles retrieved, 13 r fertilized. It was informed that the quality of 2 fertilized eggs are not good and they may be dropping out of the race...

Hope there will be some good quality ones to surivive till D5.

We got the 1st call from the hosp today.

Out of 16 follicles retrieved, 13 r fertilized. It was informed that the quality of 2 fertilized eggs are not good and they may be dropping out of the race...

Hope there will be some good quality ones to surivive till D5.

Sounds good. I have 5 good ones by Day 3 and they allow it to go to Day 5. You need a certain number of good ones in order to move to Day 5. I wish you all the very best!

Mt E embryologist called me at 9am plus to inform our D2 progress...

Only 1 embryo divides into 4 cells and 2 divides into 2 cells atm. These 3 are of average quality. The rest are of below average quality.

Anyone knows if the embyro grading can go up over the days? *sad*

Only 1 embryo divides into 4 cells and 2 divides into 2 cells atm. These 3 are of average quality. The rest are of below average quality.

So sorry to hear that. Hope 3 of them can make it to day 5.

Very tough for those below average to catch up since they are not in growing path.. :(

Let’s hope they continue to grow. You need only 1 good one to succeed. Don’t worry too much. Take one step at a time.

Hello all, I am new here.
Thanks for sharing all the stories about ivf journey. I hope I can also share my ivf journey with you all. Mostly all of you are doing your ivf at KKH/NUH but I done mine at a private hospital.
Just a short introduction, I am 37yo this year and I had 1 cycle of egg retrieval and did 3 times of ivf frozen transfer. This year is my 4th years of ivf journey, 1st transfer we only made it to 6 weeks and later did a D&C. 2nd transfer was not pregnant at all. 3rd transfer was on 26 Feb 2019, now I am 7th weeks of pregnant and thanks god that we finally made it on our last embryo (grade 4BB, after LAH become grade 5BB). It was a really great news for us.
If you have any question, I am happy to answer! Cheers and don’t give up!

Thanks for sharing all the stories about ivf journey. I hope I can also share my ivf journey with you all. Mostly all of you are doing your ivf at KKH/NUH but I done mine at a private hospital.
Just a short introduction, I am 37yo this year and I had 1 cycle of egg retrieval and did 3 times of ivf frozen transfer. This year is my 4th years of ivf journey, 1st transfer we only made it to 6 weeks and later did a D&C. 2nd transfer was not pregnant at all. 3rd transfer was on 26 Feb 2019, now I am 7th weeks of pregnant and thanks god that we finally made it on our last embryo (grade 4BB, after LAH become grade 5BB). It was a really great news for us.

Thanks for sharing your story and gratz to you!!

Just wonder why your FET were so far apart? Over 3 years?

Take care of yourself. Jia you!

Congrats

Hi, can u check if you had any progesterone suppository before the FET?

Back