IVF/ICSI Support Group

i realised i was actually confused earlier. i thought to get the government co funding = subsidized patient. turns out that as long as you are with government hospital, u get the co funding whether u r private or subsidized patient.

so yes i have booked with Prof Wong. my leaves this year have been used up. so i will start my appointment next year while still trying naturally. also, nuh is nearer to my house.

as far as i understand, other than the HL for ER i still need to take leaves for other tests right ?

i am planning my leave hehe.

For the regular scans, be at Women's Clinic by 8am, you should be out of NUH by 845 with all the blood test done and medicine collected etc. I've been out earliest 825. So I didn't have to use any leave.

Hi everyone, I long time did not report in here since my failed fresh and FET in last year. Not sure anyone does rem me? Seems a lot during my times had graduate already. Had schedule my 2nd fresh in next yr Mar....I am thinking to go back to TCM to prepare myself for the fresh cycle....

Hi everyone, I long time did not report in here since my failed fresh and FET in last year. Not sure anyone does rem me? Seems a lot during my times had graduate already. Had schedule my 2nd fresh in next yr Mar....I am thinking to go back to TCM to prepare myself for the fresh cycle....

Hi bbdust think I rem u..im still here..
Doing first FET now after 2 failed fresh last year. Let's jiayou together!! All the best and hope we all grad asap!

Hi sisters who have gone for intrallipids before, any idea how Long is a session? Can finish within an hour?

Does anyone go Tong Ji Hospital for fertility issues? Yesterday, then I know they have fertility department after seeing last nite charity show.....

I remember you hehe

Did you do endo scratch ?

Does anyone go Tong Ji Hospital for fertility issues? Yesterday, then I know they have fertility department after seeing last nite charity show.....
Haha I watched that too..I went to Chung Hwa before. Tong ji haven't tried. Now I'm w Thomson tcm for acu but I only take their pills on and off as it ended up too heaty for me since I drink longan red date tea n take e typical supplements.
From the video the tongji herbs need to boil from scratch.
I went to Chung Hwa and ntu tcm too and they grind into powdered form so much easier. Then Thomson they make into pills.

Haha I watched that too..I went to Chung Hwa before. Tong ji haven't tried. Now I'm w Thomson tcm for acu but I only take their pills on and off as it ended up too heaty for me since I drink longan red date tea n take e typical supplements.
From the video the tongji herbs need to boil from scratch.
I went to Chung Hwa and ntu tcm too and they grind into powdered form so much easier. Then Thomson they make into pills.

I am thinking to go Tong Ji since SengKang has a branch over...In the past, I went to RH for acu...but i have stop all supplements and TCM after I failed in last yr Nov....

Yes. I saw dr loh kim gek at tong ji hosp and bfp with her after a failed fet and 2nd fresh cycle which landed up with a only a poor quality embryo. Am now wk25 and i am still continuing with her. The couple featured in the show last night was her patient :)

Reactions: cen
Yes. I saw dr loh kim gek at tong ji hosp and bfp with her after a failed fet and 2nd fresh cycle which landed up with a only a poor quality embryo. Am now wk25 and i am still continuing with her. The couple featured in the show last night was her patient :)
Hi Daylesford.. how long did u see her before your bfp?

Hi Daylesford.. how long did u see her before your bfp?

Saw her for 3 months before my bfp fet cycle.
I was previously on powered herbs but found it not effective on me so I switched to dr loh. I had chronic sinus and dr loh adjusted m herbs to help me counter my sinus issue at the same time too.

This Dr Loh is at the main branch or....?? Does the doc there recommend husband and wife see together??

Last edited:
This Dr Loh is at the main branch or....??

Shes at the main branch and usually yes unless the hub sperm analysis turns out to be ok. But it all boils down to individual preference on either the couple should visit her or just the lady.

Last edited:
ladies with Prof Wong, care to share the things you have paid so far? i am planning my budget too. hehe...
i know not every item applies for us all. but it could help me a lot.
tia~

Saw her for 3 months before my bfp fet cycle.
I was previously on powered herbs but found it not effective on me so I switched to dr loh. I had chronic sinus and dr loh adjusted m herbs to help me counter my sinus issue at the same time too.
Thanks Daylesford! Congrats Btw!

Ladies will also like to check on kkh medicated fet. Ive done only natural fet. What's the difference? I understand kkh prescribe progynova and start d4 so i will still be able to do within the same cycle?

ladies with Prof Wong, care to share the things you have paid so far? i am planning my budget too. hehe...
i know not every item applies for us all. but it could help me a lot.
tia~
Hi dear, I have been recording the costs of my ivf journey on my blog. It details what I've paid so far since starting with Prof right from the first (pre-ivf) consultation. https://dearbabysg.wordpress.com/costs-of-ivf-in-singapore/ Hope it will help you!

Hi, anyone have experienced fluid in uterus (due to blocked tubes) before OR and ET? I'm being scheduled for OR this week and today was told there is fluid in uterus and ET will probably be postponed.

Thanks Daylesford! Congrats Btw!

Ladies will also like to check on kkh medicated fet. Ive done only natural fet. What's the difference? I understand kkh prescribe progynova and start d4 so i will still be able to do within the same cycle?
Medicated Fet yes prescribe progynova. Dosage increase slowly depends on lining measurement. No need to bother abt ovulation. More on lining measurement scan. Once optimal schedule for Et. They will thaw embbies a day before schedule Et date. Usualy put 2 embbie. If u have plenty embbies likely to blast. Mine not alot. So transfer my last 2 of day.3 emmbies.

Medicated Fet yes prescribe progynova. Dosage increase slowly depends on lining measurement. No need to bother abt ovulation. More on lining measurement scan. Once optimal schedule for Et. They will thaw embbies a day before schedule Et date. Usualy put 2 embbie. If u have plenty embbies likely to blast. Mine not alot. So transfer my last 2 of day.3 emmbies.
Thanks hajar!! My ovulation a bit messy these few months so im thinking to opt for medicated for better control. Do take care meanwhile!!

Ladies..Anyone did acupuncture AFTER the transfer on same day? Going for transfer this wed afternoon. Thinking whether to go on same day, next day or Friday.

Acupuncturist initially said same day after transfer but this morning told me to book for morning slot before transfer instead. I wasn't going to take leave in the morning so I thought I'll go after transfer.

Any thoughts?

Ladies..Anyone did acupuncture AFTER the transfer on same day? Going for transfer this wed afternoon. Thinking whether to go on same day, next day or Friday.

Acupuncturist initially said same day after transfer but this morning told me to book for morning slot before transfer instead. I wasn't going to take leave in the morning so I thought I'll go after transfer.

Any thoughts?
Hi, I did for my last cycle which was BFP but ended up in chemical pregnancy.. I was told we should do pre & post transfer but I didn't know so ended up only doing it after transfer..

Hope this help..

Any thoughts?
Hi cen i did before at rh. But not a lot acupuncturist will want to do it after transfer. According to tcm, blood might flow faster and they want to avoid after transfer

Hi Jill and everyone here,

I’ve been a silent reader for a long time (Have been trying to conceive for 6 years) and only just put up my first post yesterday to sell my remaining support meds including Proluton. Thanks for all the generous sharing because it provided a lot of light when I was searching for answers to endless questions. For today, please allow me to share my experience.

I’m currently at Week 13 via IVF at NUH under medicated FET cycle. At Week 6, I had red bleeding (2 swipes of it on toilet paper when peeing + 1 panty liner worth of it) + clot ($1 coin size) + slight cramping, all happening in the morning. Went to NUH A&E in the aft and doc looked for heart beat (found it) and checked if cervix is dilated (it’s not), so they are not too concerned about miscarriage. They couldn’t tell me why I was bleeding because bleeding could be for a number of reasons. I was told to worry if I’m bleeding more than a pad an hour and have cramps to go with it.

Subsequently I had brown spotting in Week 7 & 8 (usually lasting less than a day) and I ignored it because I'm not willing to pay A&E charges ($175 after subsidy) again. There’s no number to call for G Clinic to check anything with anyone (I’m a subsidised patient. Not sure if private patients at NUH get better support), and I’m too sick with morning sickness to deal with it.

When I was using Crinone gel before 6 weeks, I also occasionally had pink, brown, something a string of blood in the discharge, which I ignored. From what I read, as long as they are not red blood, it's fine.

I was very worried in the beginning too whenever I see 50 shades of red. I was also very frustrated and stressed out when I'm worried and docs don't seem concerned.

My worry though is opposite from yours. While you want more progesterone jabs, I wanted less. I preferred not to take it, am constantly asking for alternatives/lesser dosage and I couldn’t wait to get off it because the side effects affected me a lot.

In my previous IVF Fresh cycle pregnancy (which my foetus died at 11 weeks due to chromosomal abnormalities), I dutifully injected Proluton twice a week till 12 weeks, bearing with the pain, rashes and inconveniences. I didn’t bleed AT ALL throughout that pregnancy so perhaps Proluton did it’s job too well but still not well enough to prevent an in utero death. So, no bleeding in my case doesn’t mean all is well too.

For this current pregnancy, I have bleeding and cramps but I feel I'm getting helpful signals. Because whenever they happen, I will go and lie down, rest for the whole day and it goes away. It forces me to slow down and listen to what my body needs. I will encourage more rest than more medicines but I also recognise that this may not provide enough assurance for everyone and may not be possible for those who are working.

Regarding Proluton, I browsed through quite a bit of forums including from other countries. Different hospitals (over the world) have different protocols for IVF pregnancies. Some believe Proluton (also known as progesterone in oil) is helpful as a pregnancy support, some don’t. Different hospitals prescribe the usage for varying periods. Taking all into consideration, my view is that progesterone jabs doesn’t help prevent a miscarriage that is meant to happen unless you have very specific underlying conditions that Proluton is meant to plug. That said, I think a patient’s mental well being should be of utmost concern – If a patient feels more assured with the jabs, investigate more to find out if possible to give while causing minimum harm. Conversely, if a patient is not comfortable with it, do more to find out if patient can do without it or lesser of it.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It reinforced my opinion that KKH tends to let the body do more while NUH tends to use medication more. My first IVF is at KKH, subsequently I went NUH. While I did not succeed at KKH, I tend to appreciate their approach more now. That will be a story for another day.

I wish you all the best.

Hihi! I'm currently bad morning sickness now and did my ultrasound scan last week. Baby's heartbeat was detected.

Currently I am 6 weeks 4 days.

I'm trying not to take any progesterone jab if I can right now as I had a very bad experience. I found out that the jab can affect me emotionally and I was having very bad appetite after the jab. (Probably the morning sickness kicked in at the same time). I wasn't able to even eat or drink few days after the jab.

I was telling myself I need to stay strong and let my body own body produce its progesterone. Hopefully everything will be fine :)

Hihi! I'm currently bad morning sickness now and did my ultrasound scan last week. Baby's heartbeat was detected.

I'm trying not to take any progesterone jab if I can right now as I had a very bad experience. I found out that the jab can affect me emotionally and I was having very bad appetite after the jab. (Probably the morning sickness kicked in at the same time). I wasn't able to even eat or drink few days after the jab.

I was telling myself I need to stay strong and let my body own body produce its progesterone. Hopefully everything will be fine :)

The placenta takes over production of progesterone some time in week 12. So for IVF pregnancy, we should take the prescribed progesterone pills until then. If there is no need for the jab, then I suppose the pills would suffice.
Good luck and take care.

Hi, i also had bleeding similarly like AF before my blood-test in my recent 3rd fresh transfer. spotting & fresh but bright and light bleed for maybe less than 2 days. Thought its over, did my usual crying & feeling sorry for myself over the weekend.

i did a HPT on 10dp3dt & it show negative. But when i did the blood test on 12dp3dt, im shocked to know it was a positive hcg.. but too bad it ended in chemical pregnancy within 1 week.. I learnt from this incident, never trust your body & whatever sign even though i know seeing RED is so scary to us.. In the end, only trust blood test result & also HPT with a slight pinch of salt because sometimes we test too early so it will give us false negative..

Hope this help & wishing you all the best for a BFP!

Hi kitty girl. Sorry to hear abt your loss and wishing u good luck for ur next try. You mind if share after the failed ivf, how is ur period like? Is it like ongoing for like more than 20days? Bcos I also failed my FET and my period came and till now still bleeding and no stop. I went for HCG blood test and doctor surprised that my level is still high.

Hi, i also had bleeding similarly like AF before my blood-test in my recent 3rd fresh transfer. spotting & fresh but bright and light bleed for maybe less than 2 days. Thought its over, did my usual crying & feeling sorry for myself over the weekend.

i did a HPT on 10dp3dt & it show negative. But when i did the blood test on 12dp3dt, im shocked to know it was a positive hcg.. but too bad it ended in chemical pregnancy within 1 week.. I learnt from this incident, never trust your body & whatever sign even though i know seeing RED is so scary to us.. In the end, only trust blood test result & also HPT with a slight pinch of salt because sometimes we test too early so it will give us false negative..

Hope this help & wishing you all the best for a BFP!

Hi kitty girl. Sorry to hear abt your loss and wishing u good luck for ur next try. You mind if share after the failed ivf, how is ur period like? Is it like ongoing for like more than 20days? Bcos I also failed my FET and my period came and till now still bleeding and no stop. I went for HCG blood test and doctor surprised that my level is still high.

The placenta takes over production of progesterone some time in week 12. So for IVF pregnancy, we should take the prescribed progesterone pills until then. If there is no need for the jab, then I suppose the pills would suffice.
Good luck and take care.

Yes I'm currently taking the duphaston pills 3 times a day. Take care babe too!

Hi

I had continuous spotting for about 1 week before it become light 3 days of bleeding.. I'm not able to access if that is menses or not but I'm assuming it is.. when I did my final review with Prof Wong, he just told me to wait it out & there isn't much to expect.. he mentioned after chemical pregnancy, the body will have its own natural way to "clear" out so he can't give an accurate prediction.

I'm kinda confused, did you fail your FET or did you get a BFP? If it's a failed cycle, your HCG should be negative.. if your HCG level is high or rising, then it means you are preggy now..

Hi

I had continuous spotting for about 1 week before it become light 3 days of bleeding.. I'm not able to access if that is menses or not but I'm assuming it is.. when I did my final review with Prof Wong, he just told me to wait it out & there isn't much to expect.. he mentioned after chemical pregnancy, the body will have its own natural way to "clear" out so he can't give an accurate prediction.

I'm kinda confused, did you fail your FET or did you get a BFP? If it's a failed cycle, your HCG should be negative.. if your HCG level is high or rising, then it means you are preggy now..

Hi kitty gal,
Thanks for sharing. Well I got a failed FET and not pregnant although there's implantation. But my period start on 30 Aug and I still have my regular 5days period flow. However it stops for 3 days then suddenly start light flow bleeding (1 day change 3 day flow pad) and I find something is not right so last week I went for blood test and my HCG level is 300 plus follow by decrease to 200 but it's not pregnant. My doctor need to see my blood test result this week and do some scanning to see what's wrong. Jus dun understand why this my first time failed ivf yet the period keep ongoing.

Hi, anyone have experienced fluid in uterus (due to blocked tubes) before OR and ET? I'm being scheduled for OR this week and today was told there is fluid in uterus and ET will probably be postponed.
What fluid is that? Did u ask dr about the fluid?

Hi kitty gal,
Thanks for sharing. Well I got a failed FET and not pregnant although there's implantation. But my period start on 30 Aug and I still have my regular 5days period flow. However it stops for 3 days then suddenly start light flow bleeding (1 day change 3 day flow pad) and I find something is not right so last week I went for blood test and my HCG level is 300 plus follow by decrease to 200 but it's not pregnant. My doctor need to see my blood test result this week and do some scanning to see what's wrong. Jus dun understand why this my first time failed ivf yet the period keep ongoing.

Sorry to hear about your loss dear.. I believe you had experienced chemical pregnancy (early pregnancy loss), just like me.. My initial 3 blood test was going well, hcg triple every 48 days(hcg: 27 > 88 > 264 > 24) however on the 4th blood test, it dropped to 24. Somehow my 1st hcg at 27 was considered low & though many said low beta doesnt mean anything bad but im not that hopeful. It was a week of roller coaster, from thinking my 2nd fresh failed because of my light spotting/bleeding to getting positive, and trying not to be too happy or hopeful for the whole week till my 3rd blood test, and accept the pregnancy is real to losing it 3 days later.

Anyway, please speak to your doc about your concern.. For me, i was prepared to wait for 3 bleed cycle before my 4th round so im taking time to let my body rest naturally...

Good luck to you & rest well!

Hi just to update,my day6 embryo could not suvrive the thaw. Dr say can start fresh cycle in nov. But i see how. Did another blood test to check amh.

Hi just to update,my day6 embryo could not suvrive the thaw. Dr say can start fresh cycle in nov. But i see how. Did another blood test to check amh.

Sorry to hear about your loss dear.. I believe you had experienced chemical pregnancy (early pregnancy loss), just like me.. My initial 3 blood test was going well, hcg triple every 48 days(hcg: 27 > 88 > 264 > 24) however on the 4th blood test, it dropped to 24. Somehow my 1st hcg at 27 was considered low & though many said low beta doesnt mean anything bad but im not that hopeful. It was a week of roller coaster, from thinking my 2nd fresh failed because of my light spotting/bleeding to getting positive, and trying not to be too happy or hopeful for the whole week till my 3rd blood test, and accept the pregnancy is real to losing it 3 days later.

Anyway, please speak to your doc about your concern.. For me, i was prepared to wait for 3 bleed cycle before my 4th round so im taking time to let my body rest naturally...

Good luck to you & rest well!
Hi Kitty Gal,

Just curious why there's still chemical pregnancy when after my 2WW the blood test is negative for pregnant? HAHA i really dunno what condition i am having and only can go for blood test and wait for my doctor to further advice. Thank you for your advice

What fluid is that? Did u ask dr about the fluid?

Hi dear, Dr only say it could be due to my blocked tubes releasing the fluid into the uterus. I googled for the term Hydrosalpinx. I'm not sure what is it about but have seen a lot of people saying the fluid will hinder the implantation from happening. Dr also told me that with the fluid, the embryos will not stick so I will have to postpone the ET. I'm wondering if anyone have met with such situations and what are the options available. Meanwhile I will check with Dr once I see him end of this week.

The bad appetite could be morning sickness also. I had bad appetite throughout the whole 9 months. But you have to try and drink and eat. Maybe if you can't eat certain things, then try something else. For me, I ate nuts and fruit because I had trouble eating anything with onion, garlic and ginger which basically rules out most asian food. I drank a lot of distilled water.

Hang in there! For most, the morning sickness will disappear after the first trimester.

During my last fresh my menses was very little. I call on 1st and 2nd day spotting. 3 day morning i call in again say like ending they ask me went do and scan and start jabbing and still manage to get bfp thou i lost it at wk 8
I'm really sorry to hear that.
My spotting has more or less stopped so had made an appt to consult the doc.

Back