IVF/ICSI Support Group

At NUH. This is my 2nd cycle.
I was on puregon for my 1st cycle I did at RH where I had 14 eggs but only got 1 fertilized embryo which was my golden one.
For this 2nd cycle, I was on Pergoveris and Gonal F and I had 13 eggs but got 2 fertilized embryo. I'm still waiting to do my FET.

You didn't do fresh cycle? Since yesterday evening I have been feeling pain tinge at left side of pelvis area. It's on and off. Could it be due to the jab stimulation of follicles? Been jabbing for 6 days already and will continue till next tue for second scan

You didn't do fresh cycle? Since yesterday evening I have been feeling pain tinge at left side of pelvis area. It's on and off. Could it be due to the jab stimulation of follicles? Been jabbing for 6 days already and will continue till next tue for second scan

For both my cycles I froze and do FET.
Hrmph.. for me i felt bloated only. And tired.

Happy Friday ladies! Just went for my baseline scan just now with Prof. He was quickly saying some numbers to the nurse. What are these numbers? I only caught the first number he said and forgot the rest lol... I think he said something like "et is 10"

Hi all,

I'd be returning red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang tomorrow (Sat, 9 Sept). Pls go and pick up the eggs.

Havelock road Temple (after 10.30am)
495 Havelock road, s'pore 648349

Shuang Lin Cheng Huan temple (after 11.30am)
184 Jln Toa Payoh, S'pore 319944

I also conceived via IVF and it took me close to 2 yrs, several egg retrieval cycles. My son is now coming 4months. So those on this journey, don't give up. Jia you. Baby dust to all.

Happy Friday ladies! Just went for my baseline scan just now with Prof. He was quickly saying some numbers to the nurse. What are these numbers? I only caught the first number he said and forgot the rest lol... I think he said something like "et is 10"

Since it's your baseline scan, first few numbers are not too significant now. He would have counted the number of antral follicles.

ET is endometrium thickness. I'm guessing you haven't had your period yet?

Since it's your baseline scan, first few numbers are not too significant now. He would have counted the number of antral follicles.

ET is endometrium thickness. I'm guessing you haven't had your period yet?
Hi dear, yes no period yet. but already did hCG to rule out pregnancy... they have given me the all clear to proceed with the injections as planned this weekend. :)

Hi dear, yes no period yet. but already did hCG to rule out pregnancy... they have given me the all clear to proceed with the injections as planned this weekend. :)

Yeah, cos lining is 10mm! Lining shouldn't be an issue for you if this is the normal thickness! All the best!

Hi, I will be returning red eggs to toa payoh 双林寺 (注生娘娘) tml ard 10 am. If you are interested, can come to the temple to take

Yeah, cos lining is 10mm! Lining shouldn't be an issue for you if this is the normal thickness! All the best!
Ok thank you for the clarification! So thankful I found this forum... often when I go for my appointment I am too excited and I forget to ask questions! So I'm very grateful to everyone here for answering my questions... it's my first ivf cycle so it can get very overwhelming

Hi ladies.. need some advise,
My fresh cycle jus failed; initially there is like brown bits discharges; today is day 2 of AF, then jus now i sneezed i feel there is a lumb fall out from bottom.. i went to toilet to checked it is sth like quite big blood clot but is white in color...(sorry for being gross)

Does any ladies have similar experience after failed cycle?

Do we need to do confinement after failed cycle?

Pls advise.

My fresh cycle jus failed; initially there is like brown bits discharges; today is day 2 of AF, then jus now i sneezed i feel there is a lumb fall out from bottom.. i went to toilet to checked it is sth like quite big blood clot but is white in color...(sorry for being gross)

Pls advise.
Hi shigure1234
The white discharge, could it be from the progesterone suppositories? I had quite a lot of white discharge from my previous fresh cycle due to the progesterone leakage.
Personally I dun think confinement is required for failed cycle coz egg has not implanted and has yet to absorb too much of our body nutrients.

Hi shigure1234
The white discharge, could it be from the progesterone suppositories? I had quite a lot of white discharge from my previous fresh cycle due to the progesterone leakage.
Personally I dun think confinement is required for failed cycle coz egg has not implanted and has yet to absorb too much of our body nutrients.

Hi staying.. is not white watery discharge .. is like white big clot alike,
Don know is it the embryo?

Hi staying.. is not white watery discharge .. is like white big clot alike,
Don know is it the embryo?

The crinone discharge can be a white clot. As it is an accumulation of the excess. Did you have a positive HCG test? If you didn't have a positive HCG test, it is unlikely the embryo. The expulsion of the embryo comes with strong contractions too.
The embryo, if expelled from body at early pregnancy, is translucent, not opaque.

im on 31 cycle days now.

Expected to ovulate CD 17-19.

Blast transfer + 5 days.

So should be about CD 23-24 ET.

Issit too late?
Has anyone experiencr this and still get a bfp?

I experienced this, ovulated on day20 and transferred blasts 5 days later for natural fet. I got bfp.

All the best to your transfer :)

Last edited:

Pls advise.
Hi shigure1234,

I had the same discharge also, it's very normal . Might also experience cramps that are worst then the usual menses de.

And for failed cycle, as the embryo didn't implant, I didn't do any confinement at all.

Hope it helps :)

Stay strong!

I'm scheduled for FET today and I just got a call from the clinic. I supposed to put in 2 good grades of embbies but embryologist suggested me to put in one good grade and one of avg/not so good grade. Prob at least if this FET fail I have a good one to implant the next cycle. Anyone encountered this advice before?

Hi Ladies, Do u have such a experience before?

This is my 2nd round of IVF cycle.... 1st IVF Cycle has fail (2 round of fail frozen cycle)

On my D13 Scan it has show that i have 2 egg of about 12mm and the rest was like maybe about 9mm and below...
Just went for my D16 scan today and this 2 12mm egg no longer there in the scan.
Doctor ask me to do a blood test to confirm if i have ovulated, if yes, than the whole IVF cycle got to be cancel

And now im just waiting to be inform ..... ;(
Sad....

This is my 2nd round of IVF cycle.... 1st IVF Cycle has fail (2 round of fail frozen cycle)

On my D13 Scan it has show that i have 2 egg of about 12mm and the rest was like maybe about 9mm and below...
Just went for my D16 scan today and this 2 12mm egg no longer there in the scan.
Doctor ask me to do a blood test to confirm if i have ovulated, if yes, than the whole IVF cycle got to be cancel

Sad....

Are you on nature cycle? Hi i left 1 blasto for my 1st fresh. KK is still monitoring my ovulation. today is my 2nd scan(day12) 17mm, the other one 8mm . tested ovulation still faint line. my follicles are still there. i also worry whether i ovulate or not

Are you on nature cycle? Hi i left 1 blasto for my 1st fresh. KK is still monitoring my ovulation. today is my 2nd scan(day12) 17mm, the other one 8mm . tested ovulation still faint line. my follicles are still there. i also worry whether i ovulate or not

Nope.

They just called and say i did not ovulate but perhaps is the scan that did not manage to capture the 2 Egg.
But the growth of the egg is still not good...
Nurse say that my AMH Level is v high which play a part for it.

Dear all, just a quick check for those who has done FET in NUH, did anyone of you girls check with CHR before on why the charges for mercilon & progynova not inclusive in the IVF subsidy? Thanks

Hi ladies, just started my gonal-f jabs yesterday! i didn't dare to do the jabs myself so hubs had to do it for me... i wanted to ask if any of you guys do acupuncture during your ivf cycle? TCM has a package for ivf patients that is $480... anyone take it up at the NUH medical centre one? any reviews?

Hi all,

I'm currently week 6 + bfp via IVF under De THH. However, it was a nightmare when I had light to dark spotting and gradually it became red with clots.

I wanted to seek help from Dr THH on the first day when I was having red bleeding (little) however it was beyond working hour so I went to KKH O&G, no jabs were given and only ultrasound was done to Ensure the sac is still there (this was week 4+).

I decided to walk in to clinic D the very next day to look for Dr THH, he ordered progesterone jab 50ml and to increase my duphaston dosage to 3 times a day. He did an ultrasound scan to emsure that the sac is there.

I even went back another 3 days to request for another jab though the bleeding reduced but I wasn't confidence enough.

It was a Saturday when I went for the jab and everything seems fine, the brown spotting continues as usual and I even went Orchard for lunch and some light shopping. However, the very next night, I had red blood clots with menses cramps. This was one day after the progesterone jab!

I began to go back to Clinic D on the next day but was told THH is not around and they asked me to go to O&G again. As usual, they will not order the jab for you, they did the scan for me and told me that the sac is there. When I told the doctor to give me the jab, she told me my bleeding is not red and do not need to jab.

In fact, she assumed that as she told me that my bleeding has turned to brown in my pad however I knew that this was becos the blood has oxidized.

So I went back home and cried a bucket as I was super weak and do not even have any appetite.

I decided to seek for private gynae help on the same day, he did a check for me and I did told him that I'm a KKH IVF patient. He doesn't seems keen in treating me. He was rough in doing the tummy ultrasound, he pressed my tummy so hard which I am not sure that whether this issue caused me another bleeding episode! He stuffed a pill inside my V area and did not mention what is it, only told me that it will make the bleeding stop. True enough, it did reduced the bleeding. But what was worst is that the bleeding was even heavier the next day!

That moment, I felt so devasted and frustrated. I went to another private gynae, he told me it might be a bleeding underneath my waterbag. And ask me to seek help from KKH. Private gynae doesn't seem very keen in wanting to handle our IVF cases. Or rather they do not want to be responsible of it.

On the very same day, I went back to see Dr THH. He did the ultrasound for me and I did highlight that the private gynae told me that there might be bleeding underneath my waterbag. But he ruled it out and told me it should be fine after another progesterone jab and ordered 1 week HL bedrest for me.

I have been bleeding from light to heavy, to brown to red and back to spotting. It wasn't a pleasant incident for me. Till now I'm still having brown spotting and cramps.

The worst thing is my morning sickness just kicked in, I do not have any appetite to eat. Gagging and puking makes my spotting worst. I'm seeing dr THH and doing the scan at AMC 3 days later.

I'm thking to switch to proluton Jab as I thk progesterone jab only help me to reduce/stop bleeding for 3 to 4 days.

Really praying hard for my baby and myself to recover soon and stop all bleeding/spottings.

Hi all,

I'm currently week 6 + bfp via IVF under De THH. However, it was a nightmare when I had light to dark spotting and gradually it became red with clots.

I wanted to seek help from Dr THH on the first day when I was having red bleeding (little) however it was beyond working hour so I went to KKH O&G, no jabs were given and only ultrasound was done to Ensure the sac is still there (this was week 4+).

I decided to walk in to clinic D the very next day to look for Dr THH, he ordered progesterone jab 50ml and to increase my duphaston dosage to 3 times a day. He did an ultrasound scan to emsure that the sac is there.

I even went back another 3 days to request for another jab though the bleeding reduced but I wasn't confidence enough.

It was a Saturday when I went for the jab and everything seems fine, the brown spotting continues as usual and I even went Orchard for lunch and some light shopping. However, the very next night, I had red blood clots with menses cramps. This was one day after the progesterone jab!

I began to go back to Clinic D on the next day but was told THH is not around and they asked me to go to O&G again. As usual, they will not order the jab for you, they did the scan for me and told me that the sac is there. When I told the doctor to give me the jab, she told me my bleeding is not red and do not need to jab.

In fact, she assumed that as she told me that my bleeding has turned to brown in my pad however I knew that this was becos the blood has oxidized.

So I went back home and cried a bucket as I was super weak and do not even have any appetite.

I decided to seek for private gynae help on the same day, he did a check for me and I did told him that I'm a KKH IVF patient. He doesn't seems keen in treating me. He was rough in doing the tummy ultrasound, he pressed my tummy so hard which I am not sure that whether this issue caused me another bleeding episode! He stuffed a pill inside my V area and did not mention what is it, only told me that it will make the bleeding stop. True enough, it did reduced the bleeding. But what was worst is that the bleeding was even heavier the next day!

That moment, I felt so devasted and frustrated. I went to another private gynae, he told me it might be a bleeding underneath my waterbag. And ask me to seek help from KKH. Private gynae doesn't seem very keen in wanting to handle our IVF cases. Or rather they do not want to be responsible of it.

On the very same day, I went back to see Dr THH. He did the ultrasound for me and I did highlight that the private gynae told me that there might be bleeding underneath my waterbag. But he ruled it out and told me it should be fine after another progesterone jab and ordered 1 week HL bedrest for me.

I have been bleeding from light to heavy, to brown to red and back to spotting. It wasn't a pleasant incident for me. Till now I'm still having brown spotting and cramps.

The worst thing is my morning sickness just kicked in, I do not have any appetite to eat. Gagging and puking makes my spotting worst. I'm seeing dr THH and doing the scan at AMC 3 days later.

I'm thking to switch to proluton Jab as I thk progesterone jab only help me to reduce/stop bleeding for 3 to 4 days.

Really praying hard for my baby and myself to recover soon and stop all bleeding/spottings.

As far as I know, proluton jab is mainly a synthetic progesterone jab, so whichever progesterone jab u have, they should be about the same.

I've had bleeding incidents during my first trimester also (all the way till week 12), but I'm with NUH. So in the first place, the progesterone support is much higher: standard was crinone daily, duphaston daily and proluton jab twice a week.

Due to my fresh bleeding with clots fr week 6 onward, I was given jabs three times a week.

May I suggest you try going to NUH A&E instead since you've already had bad experiences with the private gynaes. I've had one of the jabs prescribed by the doc on duty, after he has scanned. I don't think (I hope) NUH will turn you down just because you're not their ivf patient.

Docs told me unexplained bleeding is quite common for ivf cases. As long as the babies are growing ok, they won't be too concerned. -- maybe that's just what they say to reduce our anxiety

Hi all,

It must have been really scary and worrying! Are you inserting any pessaries? For some reason, I bled too after inserting pessary (for fungal infection); when I mentioned that to Dr Tan HH, he said he doesn't like to give his patients pessaries because of the heightened sensitivity of the cervix. He said that's also why he doesn't recommend intercourse.

Please do not carry heavy stuff, and have lots of rest. I hope you get a strong good fetal heart rate at the next scan and everything to go well for you.

P/S: I think the morning sickness is good news though. Dr Tan said 'very good' when I told him there's nausea and vomiting. If you can get food down without vomiting, then do try to eat. I find that eating helps with the nausea, at least for me.

As far as I know, proluton jab is mainly a synthetic progesterone jab, so whichever progesterone jab u have, they should be about the same.

I've had bleeding incidents during my first trimester also (all the way till week 12), but I'm with NUH. So in the first place, the progesterone support is much higher: standard was crinone daily, duphaston daily and proluton jab twice a week.

Due to my fresh bleeding with clots fr week 6 onward, I was given jabs three times a week.

May I suggest you try going to NUH A&E instead since you've already had bad experiences with the private gynaes. I've had one of the jabs prescribed by the doc on duty, after he has scanned. I don't think (I hope) NUH will turn you down just because you're not their ivf patient.

Docs told me unexplained bleeding is quite common for ivf cases. As long as the babies are growing ok, they won't be too concerned. -- maybe that's just what they say to reduce our anxiety

Thanks babe for your advice. I'll take extra care and caution. Hope everything will be fine soon. It's not easy for us, IVF mummies.

I Guess right now I'll leave it to fate & take things slowly.

It must have been really scary and worrying! Are you inserting any pessaries? For some reason, I bled too after inserting pessary (for fungal infection); when I mentioned that to Dr Tan HH, he said he doesn't like to give his patients pessaries because of the heightened sensitivity of the cervix. He said that's also why he doesn't recommend intercourse.

Please do not carry heavy stuff, and have lots of rest. I hope you get a strong good fetal heart rate at the next scan and everything to go well for you.

P/S: I think the morning sickness is good news though. Dr Tan said 'very good' when I told him there's nausea and vomiting. If you can get food down without vomiting, then do try to eat. I find that eating helps with the nausea, at least for me.

Mine was the crinone gel insert. I had pinkish/brown discharge when using the crinone gel.
After BFP, I do not need to do the crinone gel anymore.

Yes it's like I have been in & out of O&G and KKH clinic D 2 to 3 days. It's taxing for the body and pocket.

I'm trying to eat alittle today. Past 2 days I didn't even eat & was super weak. Did your bleeding eventually stop after weeks and become diluted?

I'm hoping to hear my baby's heartbeat in the next few days. Hope everything will be fine soon.

Hi all,

Hi, Jill. Hope all is well for u and baby.
I think private gynae who aren't familiar with IVF pregnancy tend to be more cautious when handling IVF cases. I had spotting when I was tested positive for my first pregnancy n requested to see dr Tan. Was also referred to O&G cos he wasn't at his clinic that day. So I went to see a private gynae who gave me a jab, increased my duphaston dosage n told me I've yeast infection. Gave me medicine for it and got me so worried. When I saw dr Tan a week later, he told me I didn't have the infection. While I was glad that I had a private gynae who was willing to c me when I was feeling lost n helpless, I also realised that when the gynae is not familiar with IVF pregnancies, they can make us v anxious cos of the symptoms we have. Dr Tan on the other hand is always v reassuring.

Morning sickness is good...tells u that baby is growing well. =) rest well and take care!

Hi, Jill. Hope all is well for u and baby.
I think private gynae who aren't familiar with IVF pregnancy tend to be more cautious when handling IVF cases. I had spotting when I was tested positive for my first pregnancy n requested to see dr Tan. Was also referred to O&G cos he wasn't at his clinic that day. So I went to see a private gynae who gave me a jab, increased my duphaston dosage n told me I've yeast infection. Gave me medicine for it and got me so worried. When I saw dr Tan a week later, he told me I didn't have the infection. While I was glad that I had a private gynae who was willing to c me when I was feeling lost n helpless, I also realised that when the gynae is not familiar with IVF pregnancies, they can make us v anxious cos of the symptoms we have. Dr Tan on the other hand is always v reassuring.

Morning sickness is good...tells u that baby is growing well. =) rest well and take care!

Hihi, how are you now? Yes I feel that private gynae does not want to hold responsibility and is not familiar to IVF pregnancies.

I feel more assuring going back to Dr THH but at times I feel very sad if there is emergency and he is not at clinic D then I'll have to go back to O&G. I don't really like the idea of gg to O&G as they are quite stingy on progesterone jab and HL.

Dr THH even encouraged me by telling me that you see now you are pregnant already, don't worry everything will be fine.

Really hope everything will be fine soon.

Mine was the crinone gel insert. I had pinkish/brown discharge when using the crinone gel.
After BFP, I do not need to do the crinone gel anymore.

Yes it's like I have been in & out of O&G and KKH clinic D 2 to 3 days. It's taxing for the body and pocket.

I'm trying to eat alittle today. Past 2 days I didn't even eat & was super weak. Did your bleeding eventually stop after weeks and become diluted?

I'm hoping to hear my baby's heartbeat in the next few days. Hope everything will be fine soon.

I got lucky in the sense that the bleeding was for a short while and turned brown quickly. I did have a couple of occasions in the first trimester where I had brown spotting. It's just very worrying with any such discharge. Even now, I will rush to toilet to check if there is any 'feel' down south.

Perhaps try making cereal and add some Milo (from tin, not 3 in 1) to it? My private gynae recommended and I love it. Not that it's super yummy but the taste is not too overwhelming and it settles my stomach.
Good luck and take care!!

I got lucky in the sense that the bleeding was for a short while and turned brown quickly. I did have a couple of occasions in the first trimester where I had brown spotting. It's just very worrying with any such discharge. Even now, I will rush to toilet to check if there is any 'feel' down south.

Perhaps try making cereal and add some Milo (from tin, not 3 in 1) to it? My private gynae recommended and I love it. Not that it's super yummy but the taste is not too overwhelming and it settles my stomach.
Good luck and take care!!

Thanks babe for the recommendation. Will try it! Yes agreed that it just so terrified to go to toilet to check each & everytime. IVF mummies and babies are strong! We shall continue to stay strong!

hi again. i am thinking about going for ivf as subsidised patient. thinking about going to nuh or kkh.

what do you think of the success rates between these 2 ?

Sad....

Didn't they give u blocker injection to prevent ovulation? I'm also worried I may get ovulated. Going second scan in morning. D13

Hi Jill,

First of all.. congrats! Despite all the confusion and uncertainties.. stay positive and enjoy the blessing! I do not know which private doc you met.. i would recommend Dr. S.F Loh of Thomson if you are not able to reach Dr THH at any point. He knows the IVF process really well and is a dedicated doctor. Do not listen to his rant about public hospitals or doctors. Focus on the care you would receive at your time of need. I have never been pregnant and so I havent been through what you are currently facing. But I have have seen innumerable cases both here in the forum and with my friends where proper support and rest during the critical first trimester makes all the difference. Take care!

Hi all,

hi again. i am thinking about going for ivf as subsidised patient. thinking about going to nuh or kkh.

I'm with NUH though as a private patient under Prof. I think based on success rates both KK and NUH are pretty comparable. Although I'm not sure of the exact numbers, I've heard that KK has a slightly higher success rate.
When I was trying to decide between KK and NUH, I read a lot of threads on this forum. There is a dedicated thread for both hospitals respectively. Ultimately what made me choose nuh even though I live in east coast area was the shorter waiting time. I've read stories about ladies who wait hours at KK and for me I didn't want too much of my time taken up by having to wait. True enough, I barely have to wait to see my doctor at nuh. At most, I've waited about 15 mins before I got to see him. Oh and also when I called up KK, they told me there's a waiting list. Whereas at nuh, they don't have a waiting list for IVF.
I think both hospitals have good facilities, depends on what you prefer and prioritise. Good luck with your journey and keep us updated!

Hi all,

Wow, what a stressful ordeal! I hope you're feeling better now and starting to eat better. Important to nourish your body for both baby and you. It must've been so stressful to go to doctors that are hesitant to treat you... I wonder what ivf mummies should do in that case?
Do keep us updated with your progress. Hugs

I asked my Dr. ET is the lining. So et is 10 means your lining is 10mm.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I hope you are better now and the bleeding has stopped. If not, you can try Dr Geraldine Tan from Thomson Women's clinic. My IVF dr did not do deliveries so after week 20, I went to Dr Geraldine Tan and she was ok even though it was an IVF pregnancy.

Hi all,

From what I understand, before the 1st scan on week 6 to confirm heatbeat, O&G won't give the progesterone jab. Only after heartbeat is confirmed will they give it if you request it.

Am currently 14 weeks pregnant and been to KKH O&G thrice. Each time, the doctor will not prescribe the jab. But I will request for it since THH told me to be do so, and the doc will give it after i request it, usually telling me it's not necessary but since I request they give.

Am so far satisfied with the care that kkh O&G gives, though of coz nothing beats seeing THH.

Try to remain calm and relaxed and hope your bleeding stops soon =)

If you're selecting only betw these 2, I'll strongly recommend NUH. Not that NUH is optimal, but I think there are many areas which KKH can do better in.

1) Safety. KKH prescribes med at start of stim, and your next and possibly only scan is around day 8. If you're someone who over-responds to medicine like me, not good at all because I already had 40+ follicles fr 87.5IU or 112.5IU of med. For first timers, usually they'll prescribe at abt 150IU. NUH's first scan is abt day 4, so adjustment could be made accordingly, depending on how you respond to the med. On the other hand, if you don't respond well, you might end up wasting money. Case in point: I always thought my friend wasted a lot of money for stim, because they waited for 8 days for first scan before realizing that the med didn't work well for her. She ended up having to stim for an additional 7 days. That would have set her back hundreds of dollars as we all know the stim med is not cheap.

2) Support given after BFP. This one both hospitals seem to be on extreme ends. NUH gives progesterone in excess, from the recent posts you can read for yourself that KKH is not as liberal with that. I have another friend who had a miscarriage her first transfer. Her second transfer BFP again, she went to see a private gynae on top of KKH, and private gynae did a blood test and found out her progesterone levels were too low to support pregnancy. So she was getting support from private gynae instead of KKH. And she's still suspecting till today she lost her first one due to the same reason - lack of progesterone.

3) Ownership of scans and prescription - in NUH, scan is done by doc, on the spot will give you a preliminary prescription and actions to be taken (still need to wait for BT results to make sure your estradiol levels are good). The doc will look out for things during the scan to make the decision. In KKH, scans are not done by the doc. Sonographer scans, records down the number and measurements, then pass the document to "a team of docs" who makes the decision.

4) Mentioned by someone else, waiting time is a factor. Related to point 3. In NUH, doc scans, decides and talk to you, then you can go meet the nurse to collect med. In KKH, there's at least one more station at the start which you have to wait (sonographer, then doc).

5) Update of your embryos. To me it's an added service that NUH lab called me every morning to update me on the fertilization and growth of all my embryos. Even on New Year's Day (1 Jan). My friend with KKH, had no idea if her embryos made it, went for her transfer, waited for close to 4 hours in the hospital in the hospital gown, before her doc told her none of her embryos made it.

From what I understand, before the 1st scan on week 6 to confirm heatbeat, O&G won't give the progesterone jab. Only after heartbeat is confirmed will they give it if you request it.

Am currently 14 weeks pregnant and been to KKH O&G thrice. Each time, the doctor will not prescribe the jab. But I will request for it since THH told me to be do so, and the doc will give it after i request it, usually telling me it's not necessary but since I request they give.

Am so far satisfied with the care that kkh O&G gives, though of coz nothing beats seeing THH.

Try to remain calm and relaxed and hope your bleeding stops soon =)

On top of crinone, my Dr gave me progesterone jab every 3 days for the first 2 weeks after ET. After that my Dr gave me Duphaston and progynova.

If you're selecting only betw these 2, I'll strongly recommend NUH. Not that NUH is optimal, but I think there are many areas which KKH can do better in.

1) Safety. KKH prescribes med at start of stim, and your next and possibly only scan is around day 8. If you're someone who over-responds to medicine like me, not good at all because I already had 40+ follicles fr 87.5IU or 112.5IU of med. For first timers, usually they'll prescribe at abt 150IU. NUH's first scan is abt day 4, so adjustment could be made accordingly, depending on how you respond to the med. On the other hand, if you don't respond well, you might end up wasting money. Case in point: I always thought my friend wasted a lot of money for stim, because they waited for 8 days for first scan before realizing that the med didn't work well for her. She ended up having to stim for an additional 7 days. That would have set her back hundreds of dollars as we all know the stim med is not cheap.

2) Support given after BFP. This one both hospitals seem to be on extreme ends. NUH gives progesterone in excess, from the recent posts you can read for yourself that KKH is not as liberal with that. I have another friend who had a miscarriage her first transfer. Her second transfer BFP again, she went to see a private gynae on top of KKH, and private gynae did a blood test and found out her progesterone levels were too low to support pregnancy. So she was getting support from private gynae instead of KKH. And she's still suspecting till today she lost her first one due to the same reason - lack of progesterone.

3) Ownership of scans and prescription - in NUH, scan is done by doc, on the spot will give you a preliminary prescription and actions to be taken (still need to wait for BT results to make sure your estradiol levels are good). The doc will look out for things during the scan to make the decision. In KKH, scans are not done by the doc. Sonographer scans, records down the number and measurements, then pass the document to "a team of docs" who makes the decision.

4) Mentioned by someone else, waiting time is a factor. Related to point 3. In NUH, doc scans, decides and talk to you, then you can go meet the nurse to collect med. In KKH, there's at least one more station at the start which you have to wait (sonographer, then doc).

5) Update of your embryos. To me it's an added service that NUH lab called me every morning to update me on the fertilization and growth of all my embryos. Even on New Year's Day (1 Jan). My friend with KKH, had no idea if her embryos made it, went for her transfer, waited for close to 4 hours in the hospital in the hospital gown, before her doc told her none of her embryos made it.
You are so detailed...
Thats the reason i changed from KKH to NUH after 1st failed cycle at KKH..

For 1st cycle at KKH, I was stimmed for 7 days and realised i reacted too well to 150ml gonal f and i ended up ER on day 9! With 25 follicles and only 1 average day 3 embryo to transfer for FET. I was suspected with OHSS and so no fresh transfer.

So after failed 1st cycle, hubby and myself decided to transfer to NUH, like what u have mentioned, waiting time is definitely much much shorter! Dr is the one doing the scan and he twisted the dose according to how our body reacted, mine was 112.5 and 150 gonal f alternating... plus 112.5 menopur and orgalutran and i ended with so much improved result after 15 days stimm compared to 1st fresh... same thing, i cant transfer fresh due to high e2. Im now waiting for FET in November

Hubby and myself nv regret transferring to NUH though i feel its actually more expensive than KKH, probably few hundreds more

But IVF isnt cheap to begin with... so we are already prepared that we have to fork out hard cash no matter what...

anyone one did nature FET , went for scan and that follciles and lining are ready but still trying to test for ovulation? if dont ovulate mean this cycle gonna be cancel?

anyone one did nature FET , went for scan and that follciles and lining are ready but still trying to test for ovulation? if dont ovulate mean this cycle gonna be cancel?
if no ovulation occur, this cycle will be abandoned. did u ovulate last month?

Back