IVF/ICSI Support Group

If you're selecting only betw these 2, I'll strongly recommend NUH. Not that NUH is optimal, but I think there are many areas which KKH can do better in.

1) Safety. KKH prescribes med at start of stim, and your next and possibly only scan is around day 8. If you're someone who over-responds to medicine like me, not good at all because I already had 40+ follicles fr 87.5IU or 112.5IU of med. For first timers, usually they'll prescribe at abt 150IU. NUH's first scan is abt day 4, so adjustment could be made accordingly, depending on how you respond to the med. On the other hand, if you don't respond well, you might end up wasting money. Case in point: I always thought my friend wasted a lot of money for stim, because they waited for 8 days for first scan before realizing that the med didn't work well for her. She ended up having to stim for an additional 7 days. That would have set her back hundreds of dollars as we all know the stim med is not cheap.

2) Support given after BFP. This one both hospitals seem to be on extreme ends. NUH gives progesterone in excess, from the recent posts you can read for yourself that KKH is not as liberal with that. I have another friend who had a miscarriage her first transfer. Her second transfer BFP again, she went to see a private gynae on top of KKH, and private gynae did a blood test and found out her progesterone levels were too low to support pregnancy. So she was getting support from private gynae instead of KKH. And she's still suspecting till today she lost her first one due to the same reason - lack of progesterone.

3) Ownership of scans and prescription - in NUH, scan is done by doc, on the spot will give you a preliminary prescription and actions to be taken (still need to wait for BT results to make sure your estradiol levels are good). The doc will look out for things during the scan to make the decision. In KKH, scans are not done by the doc. Sonographer scans, records down the number and measurements, then pass the document to "a team of docs" who makes the decision.

4) Mentioned by someone else, waiting time is a factor. Related to point 3. In NUH, doc scans, decides and talk to you, then you can go meet the nurse to collect med. In KKH, there's at least one more station at the start which you have to wait (sonographer, then doc).

5) Update of your embryos. To me it's an added service that NUH lab called me every morning to update me on the fertilization and growth of all my embryos. Even on New Year's Day (1 Jan). My friend with KKH, had no idea if her embryos made it, went for her transfer, waited for close to 4 hours in the hospital in the hospital gown, before her doc told her none of her embryos made it.
Very detailed answer! This makes me even happier that I ultimately went with NUH. While this is my first cycle of IVF and I can only comment on what I have experienced there in the short time I've been with NUH, my hubby and I have not regretted one bit choosing NUH. the extra time it takes to travel there is worthwhile after all. Also very pleased to hear about the embryo updates and support after bfp.

How they determine the embryo transfer?? Ur frozen embryo is how many days de?

Mine is a 5 day. And I'm on medicated FET. So they will check your lining to determine the day of transfer.. like if it's a 5 day.. its usually like after O day plus 5 days. I did my transfer on day 18 tho because my lining is alrdy ready by then.

Hi all,

I'm currently week 6 + bfp via IVF under De THH. However, it was a nightmare when I had light to dark spotting and gradually it became red with clots.

I wanted to seek help from Dr THH on the first day when I was having red bleeding (little) however it was beyond working hour so I went to KKH O&G, no jabs were given and only ultrasound was done to Ensure the sac is still there (this was week 4+).

I decided to walk in to clinic D the very next day to look for Dr THH, he ordered progesterone jab 50ml and to increase my duphaston dosage to 3 times a day. He did an ultrasound scan to emsure that the sac is there.

I even went back another 3 days to request for another jab though the bleeding reduced but I wasn't confidence enough.

It was a Saturday when I went for the jab and everything seems fine, the brown spotting continues as usual and I even went Orchard for lunch and some light shopping. However, the very next night, I had red blood clots with menses cramps. This was one day after the progesterone jab!

I began to go back to Clinic D on the next day but was told THH is not around and they asked me to go to O&G again. As usual, they will not order the jab for you, they did the scan for me and told me that the sac is there. When I told the doctor to give me the jab, she told me my bleeding is not red and do not need to jab.

In fact, she assumed that as she told me that my bleeding has turned to brown in my pad however I knew that this was becos the blood has oxidized.

So I went back home and cried a bucket as I was super weak and do not even have any appetite.

I decided to seek for private gynae help on the same day, he did a check for me and I did told him that I'm a KKH IVF patient. He doesn't seems keen in treating me. He was rough in doing the tummy ultrasound, he pressed my tummy so hard which I am not sure that whether this issue caused me another bleeding episode! He stuffed a pill inside my V area and did not mention what is it, only told me that it will make the bleeding stop. True enough, it did reduced the bleeding. But what was worst is that the bleeding was even heavier the next day!

That moment, I felt so devasted and frustrated. I went to another private gynae, he told me it might be a bleeding underneath my waterbag. And ask me to seek help from KKH. Private gynae doesn't seem very keen in wanting to handle our IVF cases. Or rather they do not want to be responsible of it.

On the very same day, I went back to see Dr THH. He did the ultrasound for me and I did highlight that the private gynae told me that there might be bleeding underneath my waterbag. But he ruled it out and told me it should be fine after another progesterone jab and ordered 1 week HL bedrest for me.

I have been bleeding from light to heavy, to brown to red and back to spotting. It wasn't a pleasant incident for me. Till now I'm still having brown spotting and cramps.

The worst thing is my morning sickness just kicked in, I do not have any appetite to eat. Gagging and puking makes my spotting worst. I'm seeing dr THH and doing the scan at AMC 3 days later.

I'm thking to switch to proluton Jab as I thk progesterone jab only help me to reduce/stop bleeding for 3 to 4 days.

Really praying hard for my baby and myself to recover soon and stop all bleeding/spottings.

Hi Jill and everyone here,

I’ve been a silent reader for a long time (Have been trying to conceive for 6 years) and only just put up my first post yesterday to sell my remaining support meds including Proluton. Thanks for all the generous sharing because it provided a lot of light when I was searching for answers to endless questions. For today, please allow me to share my experience.

I’m currently at Week 13 via IVF at NUH under medicated FET cycle. At Week 6, I had red bleeding (2 swipes of it on toilet paper when peeing + 1 panty liner worth of it) + clot ($1 coin size) + slight cramping, all happening in the morning. Went to NUH A&E in the aft and doc looked for heart beat (found it) and checked if cervix is dilated (it’s not), so they are not too concerned about miscarriage. They couldn’t tell me why I was bleeding because bleeding could be for a number of reasons. I was told to worry if I’m bleeding more than a pad an hour and have cramps to go with it.

Subsequently I had brown spotting in Week 7 & 8 (usually lasting less than a day) and I ignored it because I'm not willing to pay A&E charges ($175 after subsidy) again. There’s no number to call for G Clinic to check anything with anyone (I’m a subsidised patient. Not sure if private patients at NUH get better support), and I’m too sick with morning sickness to deal with it.

When I was using Crinone gel before 6 weeks, I also occasionally had pink, brown, something a string of blood in the discharge, which I ignored. From what I read, as long as they are not red blood, it's fine.

I was very worried in the beginning too whenever I see 50 shades of red. I was also very frustrated and stressed out when I'm worried and docs don't seem concerned.

My worry though is opposite from yours. While you want more progesterone jabs, I wanted less. I preferred not to take it, am constantly asking for alternatives/lesser dosage and I couldn’t wait to get off it because the side effects affected me a lot.

In my previous IVF Fresh cycle pregnancy (which my foetus died at 11 weeks due to chromosomal abnormalities), I dutifully injected Proluton twice a week till 12 weeks, bearing with the pain, rashes and inconveniences. I didn’t bleed AT ALL throughout that pregnancy so perhaps Proluton did it’s job too well but still not well enough to prevent an in utero death. So, no bleeding in my case doesn’t mean all is well too.

For this current pregnancy, I have bleeding and cramps but I feel I'm getting helpful signals. Because whenever they happen, I will go and lie down, rest for the whole day and it goes away. It forces me to slow down and listen to what my body needs. I will encourage more rest than more medicines but I also recognise that this may not provide enough assurance for everyone and may not be possible for those who are working.

Regarding Proluton, I browsed through quite a bit of forums including from other countries. Different hospitals (over the world) have different protocols for IVF pregnancies. Some believe Proluton (also known as progesterone in oil) is helpful as a pregnancy support, some don’t. Different hospitals prescribe the usage for varying periods. Taking all into consideration, my view is that progesterone jabs doesn’t help prevent a miscarriage that is meant to happen unless you have very specific underlying conditions that Proluton is meant to plug. That said, I think a patient’s mental well being should be of utmost concern – If a patient feels more assured with the jabs, investigate more to find out if possible to give while causing minimum harm. Conversely, if a patient is not comfortable with it, do more to find out if patient can do without it or lesser of it.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It reinforced my opinion that KKH tends to let the body do more while NUH tends to use medication more. My first IVF is at KKH, subsequently I went NUH. While I did not succeed at KKH, I tend to appreciate their approach more now. That will be a story for another day.

I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Hi Jill and everyone here,

I’ve been a silent reader for a long time (Have been trying to conceive for 6 years) and only just put up my first post yesterday to sell my remaining support meds including Proluton. Thanks for all the generous sharing because it provided a lot of light when I was searching for answers to endless questions. For today, please allow me to share my experience.

I’m currently at Week 13 via IVF at NUH under medicated FET cycle. At Week 6, I had red bleeding (2 swipes of it on toilet paper when peeing + 1 panty liner worth of it) + clot ($1 coin size) + slight cramping, all happening in the morning. Went to NUH A&E in the aft and doc looked for heart beat (found it) and checked if cervix is dilated (it’s not), so they are not too concerned about miscarriage. They couldn’t tell me why I was bleeding because bleeding could be for a number of reasons. I was told to worry if I’m bleeding more than a pad an hour and have cramps to go with it.

Subsequently I had brown spotting in Week 7 & 8 (usually lasting less than a day) and I ignored it because I'm not willing to pay A&E charges ($175 after subsidy) again. There’s no number to call for G Clinic to check anything with anyone (I’m a subsidised patient. Not sure if private patients at NUH get better support), and I’m too sick with morning sickness to deal with it.

When I was using Crinone gel before 6 weeks, I also occasionally had pink, brown, something a string of blood in the discharge, which I ignored. From what I read, as long as they are not red blood, it's fine.

I was very worried in the beginning too whenever I see 50 shades of red. I was also very frustrated and stressed out when I'm worried and docs don't seem concerned.

My worry though is opposite from yours. While you want more progesterone jabs, I wanted less. I preferred not to take it, am constantly asking for alternatives/lesser dosage and I couldn’t wait to get off it because the side effects affected me a lot.

In my previous IVF Fresh cycle pregnancy (which my foetus died at 11 weeks due to chromosomal abnormalities), I dutifully injected Proluton twice a week till 12 weeks, bearing with the pain, rashes and inconveniences. I didn’t bleed AT ALL throughout that pregnancy so perhaps Proluton did it’s job too well but still not well enough to prevent an in utero death. So, no bleeding in my case doesn’t mean all is well too.

For this current pregnancy, I have bleeding and cramps but I feel I'm getting helpful signals. Because whenever they happen, I will go and lie down, rest for the whole day and it goes away. It forces me to slow down and listen to what my body needs. I will encourage more rest than more medicines but I also recognise that this may not provide enough assurance for everyone.

Regarding Proluton, I browsed through quite a bit of forums including from other countries. Different hospitals (over the world) have different protocols for IVF pregnancies. Some believe Proluton (also known as progesterone in oil) is helpful as a pregnancy support, some don’t. Different hospitals prescribe the usage for varying periods. Taking all into consideration, my view is that progesterone jabs doesn’t help prevent a miscarriage that is meant to happen unless you have very specific underlying conditions that Proluton is meant to plug. That said, I think a patient’s mental well being should be of utmost concern – If a patient feels more assured with the jabs, investigate more to find out if possible to give while causing minimum harm. Conversely, if a patient is not comfortable with it, do more to find out if patient can do without it or lesser of it.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It reinforced my opinion that KKH tends to let the body do more while NUH tends to use medication more. My first IVF is at KKH, subsequently I went NUH. While I did not succeed at KKH, I tend to appreciate their approach more now. That will be a story for another day.

I wish you all the best.

For private patients, in the event that we admit ourselves to NUH A&E, the gynae on duty will call, update and consult our doc. If we aren't able to find the doc at Women's Clinic.

And yes, it was definitely stressful with the shuttling to hospital. Mine was 3 times per week due to the endless spotting.

But I disagree (partially) with the part on NUH tends to use medication more. Comparing protocol and dosage for stimulation, NUH is on the conservative side. They're more pro-natural than the other hospitals or private ivf docs.

But when it comes to progesterone support after BFP, they will give in excess.

You are so detailed...
Thats the reason i changed from KKH to NUH after 1st failed cycle at KKH..

For 1st cycle at KKH, I was stimmed for 7 days and realised i reacted too well to 150ml gonal f and i ended up ER on day 9! With 25 follicles and only 1 average day 3 embryo to transfer for FET. I was suspected with OHSS and so no fresh transfer.

So after failed 1st cycle, hubby and myself decided to transfer to NUH, like what u have mentioned, waiting time is definitely much much shorter! Dr is the one doing the scan and he twisted the dose according to how our body reacted, mine was 112.5 and 150 gonal f alternating... plus 112.5 menopur and orgalutran and i ended with so much improved result after 15 days stimm compared to 1st fresh... same thing, i cant transfer fresh due to high e2. Im now waiting for FET in November

Hubby and myself nv regret transferring to NUH though i feel its actually more expensive than KKH, probably few hundreds more

But IVF isnt cheap to begin with... so we are already prepared that we have to fork out hard cash no matter what...

Yeah, I think for someone who reacts "normally" (within expectations) of med, KKH is fine.

For us, on top of being over simulated if dosage is not controlled well, the egg quality will be compromised. High number of follicles does not mean good yield - more often than not, too many follicles will end up in uneven growth, and most eggs will not be matured enough, so many many wasted.

And don't even mention the higher risk of OHSS and the bloating that comes with having more than 20 follicles on each side - each follicle on average 1.5cm in diameter before retrieval!

Mine is a 5 day. And I'm on medicated FET. So they will check your lining to determine the day of transfer.. like if it's a 5 day.. its usually like after O day plus 5 days. I did my transfer on day 18 tho because my lining is alrdy ready by then.
How to determine if going on medicated or natural FET?

Which is better?

anyone one did nature FET , went for scan and that follciles and lining are ready but still trying to test for ovulation? if dont ovulate mean this cycle gonna be cancel?

If don't ovulate then you have to cancel the cycle. I just cancelled mine because my follicle was growing and lining was fine but LH level was low and then on the last scan, the follicle shrank after reaching 18mm. So we abandoned the cycle.

How to determine if going on medicated or natural FET?

Which is better?

Believe the Dr will give you a choice. If your cycles are regular then go for natural. If you have cycles where you ovulate on different days each month then, medicated would be better. I find medicated is less stressful. But depends on the hospital also. For natural cycle, NUH expects you to visit daily until you ovulate. I find this tiring. I've abandoned my natural cycle and will be going for medicated.

Are you doing it at KKHIVF or other place??

Cause today is my day 1 of Progynova. Did you take?

Hi ladies who are doing a fresh now (ie. on stimming jabs) what kind of special food are u taking daily now? I'm now onto my 3rd fresh cycle, and just taking 2 egg whites daily and red date tea, besides the main supplements (conceive well, vit D, methyfolate, ubiquinol). Anything else to recommend? Good luck and all the best to those who are stimming, and those who are in yr 2WW!

Hi ladies who are doing a fresh now (ie. on stimming jabs) what kind of special food are u taking daily now? I'm now onto my 3rd fresh cycle, and just taking 2 egg whites daily and red date tea, besides the main supplements (conceive well, vit D, methyfolate, ubiquinol). Anything else to recommend? Good luck and all the best to those who are stimming, and those who are in yr 2WW!
Hi, I homemade red bean soup with red dates & dried longan & also took fresh royal jelly during stimulation phase.
Hope it helps :)

If don't ovulate then you have to cancel the cycle. I just cancelled mine because my follicle was growing and lining was fine but LH level was low and then on the last scan, the follicle shrank after reaching 18mm. So we abandoned the cycle.

Believe the Dr will give you a choice. If your cycles are regular then go for natural. If you have cycles where you ovulate on different days each month then, medicated would be better. I find medicated is less stressful. But depends on the hospital also. For natural cycle, NUH expects you to visit daily until you ovulate. I find this tiring. I've abandoned my natural cycle and will be going for medicated.
Going for medication means need injection again??

Would natural fet will have higher chance?

hi ladies. just came back from scan with prof again... after 4 days of stimm. once i reached home, nuh called to tell me that my dosage for gonal-f is decreased to 112.5iu previously was 150iu cos my e2 level is abit too high. now i'm worried do i have high risk of OHSS? is there anything i can do to prevent it?

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I'm booked for ivf this mth, wondering if anyone have the issue of spotting for > 3 days without a full flow coming? Since I can't start without a full flow setting in, I'm not sure if this mth is viable for the ivf. KKH informs me to observe 1st, however I'm kinda anxious how delayed it would be and what happens if I can't make it for this mth.

hi ladies. just came back from scan with prof again... after 4 days of stimm. once i reached home, nuh called to tell me that my dosage for gonal-f is decreased to 112.5iu previously was 150iu cos my e2 level is abit too high. now i'm worried do i have high risk of OHSS? is there anything i can do to prevent it?
Hi wanbaby234, dont worry.. my gonal f dose was alternating between 150 and 112.5, e2 level was abit high also.. dont worry... the dose is already v minimum, so the risk of ohss is v low! Be happy and stay positive! Relax...

Hi ladies, I'm booked for ivf this mth, wondering if anyone have the issue of spotting for > 3 days without a full flow coming? Since I can't start without a full flow setting in, I'm not sure if this mth is viable for the ivf. KKH informs me to observe 1st, however I'm kinda anxious how delayed it would be and what happens if I can't make it for this mth.

Hello... you doing fresh or FET ?

Hi ladies, anyone had higher than normal NAtural killer cells and sticky blood issues and managed to conceive and sustain pregnancy with clexane injections, blood thinner aspirin and prednisone (steroids to suppress immune system)?

Just got diagnosed by dr Sheila Vasoo with the above plus Vit D deficiency after going thru comprehensive blood tests. My thyroid is ok.

With these almost impossible to conceive naturally or even implant fr Ivf since my body fights off foreign bodies (even the embryo). Doc says if go for Ivf will need to complement with the treatment stated above.

I failed 2 fresh cycles and am kinda Glad I spent $ to get these issues diagnosed instead of carrying on w more cycles and never implanting. Kinda sad........but somewhat comforted I finally found the cause of my infertility.
Hi cen.. what tests did you go for? I've failed 3 cycles and will like to find out more. Thanks..

Hi wanbaby234, dont worry.. my gonal f dose was alternating between 150 and 112.5, e2 level was abit high also.. dont worry... the dose is already v minimum, so the risk of ohss is v low! Be happy and stay positive! Relax...
Thanks for the reassurance. Trying to relax and not worry too much but I'm so anxious.... really need to take it easy. If you don't mind me asking what was your e2 level at Day 5 of stim? Mine was 3119

Thanks for the reassurance. Trying to relax and not worry too much but I'm so anxious.... really need to take it easy. If you don't mind me asking what was your e2 level at Day 5 of stim? Mine was 3119

Yup you're in very safe hands with prof. If he thinks it needs to go down lower he would have adjusted. Mine was adjusted to 87.5 IU.

My e2 for first few days are always manageable, but will increase exponentially on 3rd and 4th scans. The highest I've hit was 31836 on day 13.

I never had OHSS for all my cycles, but very bloated cos around 40 follicles. If really high levels of e2 and high follicle count, no transfer - I think you know that already.

Depending on which trigger prof gives you, he might prescribe another medicine which will help with OHSS. Also depends on whether your on short or long protocol.

Just persist with the stim and scans! If prof thinks anything is out of the ordinary, he'll ask you to go for more frequent scans. One of my cycles, 13 days of stim, I had 5 scans (inc day 1's).

I didnt ask the nurse or dr... only heard from the nurse that my e2 was rather high hence i cant do a fresh trf after my ER on 4 Sept.. have to wait till Nov to transfer! I stim for a total of 15 days with such low dose so Dont worry, we just take it slow and steady...

Hi babes..help needed.
I did my fresh cycle last year at KKH which I have 1 blast left and I transferred it out to pte clinic now for FET and they are asking me for past blood test results of my Husband and I from that cycle which yielded this blast. Referring to The typical set of tests for rubella, HIV that we do before a fresh cycle.
if I need to get blood test records (my husband's as I found mine), do I contact clinic D or ?

Hi babes..help needed.
I did my fresh cycle last year at KKH which I have 1 blast left and I transferred it out to pte clinic now for FET and they are asking me for past blood test results of my Husband and I from that cycle which yielded this blast. Referring to The typical set of tests for rubella, HIV that we do before a fresh cycle.
if I need to get blood test records (my husband's as I found mine), do I contact clinic D or ?

I think u can get from medical record dept, I get all my past record from there too.

During my last fresh my menses was very little. I call on 1st and 2nd day spotting. 3 day morning i call in again say like ending they ask me went do and scan and start jabbing and still manage to get bfp thou i lost it at wk 8

I
Yup you're in very safe hands with prof. If he thinks it needs to go down lower he would have adjusted. Mine was adjusted to 87.5 IU.

My e2 for first few days are always manageable, but will increase exponentially on 3rd and 4th scans. The highest I've hit was 31836 on day 13.

I never had OHSS for all my cycles, but very bloated cos around 40 follicles. If really high levels of e2 and high follicle count, no transfer - I think you know that already.

Depending on which trigger prof gives you, he might prescribe another medicine which will help with OHSS. Also depends on whether your on short or long protocol.

Just persist with the stim and scans! If prof thinks anything is out of the ordinary, he'll ask you to go for more frequent scans. One of my cycles, 13 days of stim, I had 5 scans (inc day 1's).
Yes seeing Prof again this monday! I was quite worried because I felt quite bloated after day 2 of stimms. The nurse told me that if I do have OHSS the cycle will be canceled. Hoping it doesn't come to that!

Just started on my cetrotide and it hurts so much!! The needle doesn't hurt but once my hubby withdraws the needle, it stings so so badly :-( any tips on how to deal with cetrotide with no pain?

can anyone share the list of latest recommended doctors at nuh. we can book appointment with them online right ? :)
Did you decide whether to go through subsidised or private? If subsidised, you have to go through poly and can't choose doctor if I recall correctly.
Prof Wong is the most popular one with the ladies here, so I chose him haha

i have been trying for a second bb. i went through 3 rounds of IVF at KKH (2 rounds with Dr sf Loh) and 1 SO-IUI (dr sf Loh) at Thomson Medical, i was still unable to conceive. at age 40, i thought that's is it and we stopped trying. I'm PCOS so we have never taken precaution. I've been feeling unwell & stomach has been bloated. went to the clinic 3 times this week alone .. and yesterday i thought i might as well do a blood test to confirm I'm not. at 3pm,. dear dr rang me up and said my hcg reading was 12000. I was stunned! at 43 i don't know what to do. I've been on diet pills for the last 6 mth, been working 12hrs daily and eating all kinds of supplements and medications.. definitely not in the best form to be preggie .. and after 3 yrs of calling it quits,. i cant believe it. dh is also 43 and while he loves kids he isnt keen to work to his bones to his 60s. I'm still letting it sink in .. until i see my gynae next Mon.

i cant believe I'm one of those whom people referred to as getting preg naturally after giving up .... or getting fertile when my erratic hormones finally decides to behave themselves in my 40s.

apologies this is abit off topic because i cant tell anyone at this point of time yet I'm bursting with news!!!

Did you decide whether to go through subsidised or private? If subsidised, you have to go through poly and can't choose doctor if I recall correctly.
Prof Wong is the most popular one with the ladies here, so I chose him haha

i realised i was actually confused earlier. i thought to get the government co funding = subsidized patient. turns out that as long as you are with government hospital, u get the co funding whether u r private or subsidized patient.

so yes i have booked with Prof Wong. my leaves this year have been used up. so i will start my appointment next year while still trying naturally. also, nuh is nearer to my house.

as far as i understand, other than the HL for ER i still need to take leaves for other tests right ?

i am planning my leave hehe.

i have been trying for a second bb. i went through 3 rounds of IVF at KKH (2 rounds with Dr sf Loh) and 1 SO-IUI (dr sf Loh) at Thomson Medical, i was still unable to conceive. at age 40, i thought that's is it and we stopped trying. I'm PCOS so we have never taken precaution. I've been feeling unwell & stomach has been bloated. went to the clinic 3 times this week alone .. and yesterday i thought i might as well do a blood test to confirm I'm not. at 3pm,. dear dr rang me up and said my hcg reading was 12000. I was stunned! at 43 i don't know what to do. I've been on diet pills for the last 6 mth, been working 12hrs daily and eating all kinds of supplements and medications.. definitely not in the best form to be preggie .. and after 3 yrs of calling it quits,. i cant believe it. dh is also 43 and while he loves kids he isnt keen to work to his bones to his 60s. I'm still letting it sink in .. until i see my gynae next Mon.

i cant believe I'm one of those whom people referred to as getting preg naturally after giving up .... or getting fertile when my erratic hormones finally decides to behave themselves in my 40s.

apologies this is abit off topic because i cant tell anyone at this point of time yet I'm bursting with news!!!

Congrats! Good to hear encouraging stories

i realised i was actually confused earlier. i thought to get the government co funding = subsidized patient. turns out that as long as you are with government hospital, u get the co funding whether u r private or subsidized patient.

so yes i have booked with Prof Wong. my leaves this year have been used up. so i will start my appointment next year while still trying naturally. also, nuh is nearer to my house.

as far as i understand, other than the HL for ER i still need to take leaves for other tests right ?

i am planning my leave hehe.
Yup that's right... in any case subsidised rates only apply to pre-ivf tests that the doctor may order (like blood tests, HSG etc).

When is your appointment with Prof? If you can roughly gauge what day of your cycle you'll be on, you can plan it quite easy. If you're on cycle day 2 or 3 you can do the blood test (for both you and your hubby) on the day of your first appt with Prof itself. Thereafter, Prof may order you to do a HSG and other tests if necessary.

So for your leave, I think you'll only need to take for the HSG (so you can rest after), the second appointment with Prof to review test results and the counselling session (my counselling session was done on the same day as my second appointment). The counselling session takes a bit of time so unless you will have to take a few hours off - maybe half-day leave will suffice. After that, all the ivf monitoring scans and blood tests are done early morning and you can get a time chit for it.

This is based on my experience, our case was pretty straight-forward as we knew we didn't qualify for iui so it was ivf straight, so everything moved fairly quickly. Hope this helps! :)

Anyone here had to quit their job coz your bosses say that you are always "disappearing" coz have to go on HL or on AL? Imagine I just went back to office after a miscarriage... and here these comments. And now they are offering me an additional portfolio on top of my current job. If I don't take this up means I am "blacklisted"... so in a way I have to quit coz am sure they are not going to like it when I go on AL during FET

Back