March 2018 Mummies

Anyone experiencing constant cramp? Im in my week 12 d4 and been having constant mild cramping since last wk. Its really like a 24hr cramp. No bleeding n nt v extreme cramp just mild cramping in the middle ( shd be uterus i guess)

Anyone experiencing constant cramp? Im in my week 12 d4 and been having constant mild cramping since last wk. Its really like a 24hr cramp. No bleeding n nt v extreme cramp just mild cramping in the middle ( shd be uterus i guess)

have u contact ur gyane about it? good to have urself check out for a peace of mind.
hopefully its just the uterus expanding.

Gynae will be concerned with constant cramps so good to have it checked out. :)

have u contact ur gyane about it? good to have urself check out for a peace of mind.
hopefully its just the uterus expanding.
Ya I told her during my scan on Mon and she said so long theres no bleeding, its fine. But its so worrying cos most of my friends who are preg did not exp this , the most is just cramping on n off.. guess other to relax n stop worrying, theres nth much i can do.

Hi, just curious about whether everyone's bump is starting to show? My bump has been showing at as early as 8 weeks and it seems to be bigger than usual. However, I see some mums on social media having a rather flat tummy despite entering the 2nd trimester.

yap. i ask to be referred to Nuh.
i am a private patient with them for my #1 decided to be sub this round to save medicine bill as I have complicated pregnancy.

you are lucky. i call a few times and they told me no slots for earlier timing.. my appt is next thur. still later than u. hahaa

u have to call them up for appt? mine was scheduled by the polyclinic itself. actually NUH is really far for me as im staying in Sengkang, but since im comfortable with them, i dont mind.

subsidised patients tends to need to wait longer, @ least that's what i feel.;)

Hi mummies, I came across on Fave app used to be called groupon.

They're having trial sessions for prenatal and post natal massages at $58 for 2 sessions. 60mins each.

Have anyone tried yet?

I am thinking of getting the post natal lactation massage at $98 at mount Elizabeth hospital. Reviews seem to be good..

Ya I told her during my scan on Mon and she said so long theres no bleeding, its fine. But its so worrying cos most of my friends who are preg did not exp this , the most is just cramping on n off.. guess other to relax n stop worrying, theres nth much i can do.

I did have a very bad cramp in my 1st tri for my #1. chiong to the clinic next day and doc say everything looks fine.
Yes. sometimes have to relax. I also tell myself... there is nothing much i can do.. so i need to stop worrying too much.

So far I'm feeling ok. Just that baby bump starts to show when I'm 8 weeks preg. This is my first pregnancy.

You are carrying 2. of coz you will start showing earlier. :)

u have to call them up for appt? mine was scheduled by the polyclinic itself. actually NUH is really far for me as im staying in Sengkang, but since im comfortable with them, i dont mind.

subsidised patients tends to need to wait longer, @ least that's what i feel.;)

I was given the appointment by polyclinic, they ask me to call NUH to check if anyone release a earlier slot.
Guess you are lucky.
NUH is very near for me. 1 stop from my workplace and quite near my home.
Yap. i am prepared to wait. :)

I m in my 2nd tri but cannot feel movement :( and i still feel bloated & nausea every now & then, but it's abit more manageable than 1st tri.
Hygeia me too :( now 14-15 weeks still nauseous, cannot stand strong smells and vomit occasionally at night.

Hi, just curious about whether everyone's bump is starting to show? My bump has been showing at as early as 8 weeks and it seems to be bigger than usual. However, I see some mums on social media having a rather flat tummy despite entering the 2nd trimester.

Yessss meeee. It gets abit harder to slp in a comfy position now as I usually slp on my side. Now the belly is in the way and I always feel like a whale when trying to get up. My clothes are also getting tighter :D

Hygeia me too :( now 14-15 weeks still nauseous, cannot stand strong smells and vomit occasionally at night.

Yes yes, I am especially sensitive to smells now too! I used to love garlic but now I don't and in fact I get abit turned off if it's in the food.

Is your appetite getting better though as compared to first tri?

Yessss meeee. It gets abit harder to slp in a comfy position now as I usually slp on my side. Now the belly is in the way and I always feel like a whale when trying to get up. My clothes are also getting tighter :D

Do try to sleep on your left side.
http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/sleeping-positions-during-pregnancy/

Its harder to sleep at the later stage, i remember having to place a pillow behind my back, 1 small pillow under my tummy and 1 pillow between my legs. Tee bump will get into the way

Yes sometimes i wake up with backaches and I just simply can't find a comfortable position to sleep in. But sometimes i feel very blessed to know that my baby is sleeping with me :)

Reactions: nqt
Hi, I had the same cramping experience and my gynae similar like yours told me as long there's no bleeding, it's ok. And she also told me that if the cramps are usually on the bottom (below belly) left or right, it is the uterus growing. And asked me to just relax cos I should welcome cramps in this case. Hope this info helps.

Hi, first time mummy - would like to know the difference btw the following oscar, harmony, panorama, NIPT

Thanks

Hi Rainbow,

I understand from my gynae that Oscar, Harmony and Panorama are all NIPT. (Non-Invasive Prenatal Test)

She explained that Oscar, Harmony and Panorama are just like names of the companies/brand that run such NIPT. And each of these brands generally do the most basic Down Syndrome test.

Oscar accuracy is ard 75%, while Harmony and Pan is ard 90%. (So of cos H and P are more ex)

Harmony is one of the most popular choice for basic DS test with 90% accuracy which many parents feel it's good enough to perform.

However some new parents who would like to check DS that are a lot more rare and they may opt for Panorama which does more complex testing of DS. However, the results is also only 90%. (So u may run the risk of scaring yourself for that 10% inaccuracy if the results didn't turn out well) Nevertheless, the good thing abt doing Panorama is that u may also know the gender of the baby (90% accuracy of gender) in the same test.

And all these tests are only an indicative to determine whether it's a high or low risk pregnancy. Not NO risk cos non of these tests are 100%. So low risk is the best results.

In a case if results came back as High risk, it may not also mean there's a prob with ur child yet since the accuracy is only 90%. That's when the gynae will need to perform a second test call Invasive Prenatal test (IPT) to further check the possibility of the DS in the child.

Before all these NIPT are invented, options were just IPT or don't do the test. But of cos, NIPT has zero risk (cos only normal blood Test) but IPT has a risk of 1-2% because a needle needs to be poke into ur uterus to abstract some cells. (That's y it's invasive) so risk is that if it's not done well, it may hurt the baby.

These are all I remembered from my gynae's explanation. I hope this helps. U may want to confirm these with ur gynae again. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Hello Mar mummies,

This is my first pregnancy and my edd is around 21 Mar. Any mums with the same edd date?

Any one going to TMC for your visits? Which doc are you seeing?

Would be happy to join you all in WhatsApp or fb group. ^_^

Hello Mar mummies,

This is my first pregnancy and my edd is around 21 Mar. Any mums with the same edd date?

Any one going to TMC for your visits? Which doc are you seeing?

Would be happy to join you all in WhatsApp or fb group. ^_^

Hi, I see Yvonne Chan at TMC. How about you?

May I check around how many weeks would we usually know the gender?

Hello mummies,

I'm currently going into my 14 weeks, it's my 2nd pregnancy.

Have been vomiting with bad reflux in 1st tri. Usually dinner i can't eat much mauve soup and Some dishes. Getting slightly better now in tri 2 but still can feel the reflux hanging around. Hope I can regain my energy soon.

Is there a Facebook group, can someone help to add?? Thanks in advance.

I got my panorama results back and all chromosomal abnormalities came back low risks and good. Still surprised how I can know the gender so early - I'm on team pink! It should be very accurate on the gender part and time to go shopping soon!
Congrats!

Hi all! Will your be going to the Oct baby fair? Still thinking whether to go or if it's still too early to do shopping?

Personally, i think its too fast as mine is still in 1st tri...i would rather wait for 2nd tri or better till i know the gender. ;)

I got my panorama results back and all chromosomal abnormalities came back low risks and good. Still surprised how I can know the gender so early - I'm on team pink! It should be very accurate on the gender part and time to go shopping soon!
How many wks are u now? So lucky to know the gender so soon.

Personally, i think its too fast as mine is still in 1st tri...i would rather wait for 2nd tri or better till i know the gender. ;)

I'm currently in 2nd trimester, 15 weeks but still a little unsure of whether to go so soon although I already know the gender hehe hmm, probably skipping it but it seems like there will be many great deals!!

I'm currently in 2nd trimester, 15 weeks but still a little unsure of whether to go so soon although I already know the gender hehe hmm, probably skipping it but it seems like there will be many great deals!!
wow! lucky u! then go & shop while we still can! lol!

seems like can know gender before 20wks now?

Hi all! Will your be going to the Oct baby fair? Still thinking whether to go or if it's still too early to do shopping?

I went to the August fair one at Suntec but mostly are good deals for #1 and trade milk bottles since I don't know my gender yet so never buy clothes. Big items just use hands me down from #1. Expo fair abit far to go since #2 liao, thinking of the journey makes me lazy haha.. #1 time i still go.

wow! lucky u! then go & shop while we still can! lol!

seems like can know gender before 20wks now?

I remember knowing my #1 gender before 20weeks, i think ard 16weeks if baby position is good can tell. My #1 is boy so can tell faster haha.. At 20weeks can usually confirm the gender.

I remember knowing my #1 gender before 20weeks, i think ard 16weeks if baby position is good can tell. My #1 is boy so can tell faster haha.. At 20weeks can usually confirm the gender.

I think i saw my #1 gender at 15/16 weeks but doc say confirm again at 20 weeks.
If its boy high chance will be accurate coz tt birdie is quite prominent.
my #1 is girl and gynae tell me its 80% confirm girl. keke they don't date to confirm so early.

My tummy show up in 11th week and its getting more obv ! I got ask a couple of times if I am pregnant too . haha

I went to the August fair one at Suntec but mostly are good deals for #1 and trade milk bottles since I don't know my gender yet so never buy clothes. Big items just use hands me down from #1. Expo fair abit far to go since #2 liao, thinking of the journey makes me lazy haha.. #1 time i still go.

I been going to a lot of bb fairs since preggy with #1.
I find that Mummys Market or Baby worlds fair are bigger and more vendors participate.
1 shot can buy alot of things (bb cot, stroller, bb carriers, etc). BB fairs are useful for new parents, alot of vendors selling below 12months clothes.
We seldom go bb fair after our #1 pass 18months old. nothing to buy hahaa

Do check out Lazada or Qoo10 for diapers offers or when they have good discount codes. Lots of saving and save your energy to carry all home.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and new mum to be. This is my first pregnancy and edd is on 27 mar 18. Is there any Fb groups that someone can link me to? Thank you!

This is my first pregnancy so I'm kinda eager to go lol. But must make sure to know what I want to buy before going cos I heard from other people there's too many things, reach there already will blur blur one haha!

This is my first pregnancy so I'm kinda eager to go lol. But must make sure to know what I want to buy before going cos I heard from other people there's too many things, reach there already will blur blur one haha!

Check out the organiser fb. They usually will release the offers brochure and store directory.
I printed and mark out the shops i wanna go.
1st time i went i brought all the big items, baby cot, stroller, bb carrier.
Its fun!

Anyone has stiff neck like me? People ard me are saying I walk like a robot
same here...my whole body is stiff n i dont know if it is time for massage. some say 5mths onwards, some say cannot, doc say anytime is fine as long as dont rub the tummy. i end up just roll my back on tennis ball at the moment.

Back