October 2017 Mummies

Hello all! Im a first time mum! EDD 12 Oct
Kindly add me to the fb group. Thank u!:)
Email: [email protected]

Meeting confinement nanny recommended by my gf tomorrow. Her fee $2.6k. Im still considering whether to order the TMC confinement food($1.9k) or let the nanny cook. Any mummies here can advise the estimated grocery cost for the 28days confinement?

Thank you
Hello all! Im a first time mum! EDD 12 Oct
Kindly add me to the fb group. Thank u!:)
Email: [email protected]

Meeting confinement nanny recommended by my gf tomorrow. Her fee $2.6k. Im still considering whether to order the TMC confinement food($1.9k) or let the nanny cook. Any mummies here can advise the estimated grocery cost for the 28days confinement?

Thank you
Your confinement nanny from Malaysia? Got mine at $2.8k. I'm only getting the herbs in advance. Confinement food I'll leave it to the nanny. Part of their job scope :)

Hi all! Just curious about how early anyone found out baby's gender? :)
I am currently in my 16th week and just found out mine this morning. But might have double check again as tt little fella is too shy to show in full. Haha.. But I think if you go for harmony test you might be able to find out the gender early.

Today is the first time I vomited during pregnancy. The feeling is really sucking and when I clear my throat, I spit out some blood. Anyway have the same symptoms before ?

Hi, anyone at week 13 and still feel nauseous? I wonder when morning sickness will end. Was so happy when I hit 12 weeks, as I thought it would be the end of my suffering. Now week 13 I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...

Hi All Mummies,

I just booked confinement nanny thru Confinement Angles Nannies.. For your information, they have $220 early booking discount till 30th Apr so if any interest, can consider booking too..

28 days $2950
Work Permit Application $30
Discount by end Apr $220
Total $2760

There will be a Levy charge directly by MOM to us depending on the Nationality of your baby:
§ Singaporean - $60 per Month
§ Non-Singaporean - $265 per Month

Hi, anyone at week 13 and still feel nauseous? I wonder when morning sickness will end. Was so happy when I hit 12 weeks, as I thought it would be the end of my suffering. Now week 13 I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...

Unfortunately, I am at week 13 & also the same.. appetite not back yet.. & recently also experience bad bloating when i hit my tummy can hear " pong pong" sound loudly.. Gynae said perhaps a few weeks more.. perhaps perhaps perhaps..

Yes, the bloating is very uncomfortable and can be painful. Any tips to relieve the bloating?

My morning sickness all along is worse at evening / night likewise for the recent bloating... i try to drink hot water slowly... sleeping time my pillow stacked high.. else sometimes can be almost sitting position to sleep.. Let's jia you together.. is worth it..

me too am at 13 weeks now.. :( I also thought 12 weeks onwards would be better but no.. when evening time comes I would still puke.. hais. So hard to be at work cos of so many different smell around to trigger the nauseousness. Hopefully week 14 will be much better

I just got my panorama test result, low risk and it's a girl... Kinda matched the old wives' tale, bad nausea and high heartbeat rate..

Hi, any recommendation on hiring nanny or helper ? Probably need one hokkien speaking to communicate with my mother in law..

I just got my panorama test result, low risk and it's a girl... Kinda matched the old wives' tale, bad nausea and high heartbeat rate..

bad nausea + high heartbeat rate = girl? mine is exactly like this wor.. heartbeat averagely 168-177 bpm. I had breakouts and very severe MS so was still wondering is it a boy?

bad nausea + high heartbeat rate = girl? mine is exactly like this wor.. heartbeat averagely 168-177 bpm. I had breakouts and very severe MS so was still wondering is it a boy?

I guess it may be different for different people. I have mild MS, only more serious and frequent puking during week 12-13 and my baby's heartbeat is between 166-175 bpm. Panorama results says he's a boy:)

I did. MS was the worst during weeks 12-13 and it seems like our hormones level is at its peak towards end of trimester 1. I'm now in my 15th week and I'm feeling much better. I think you will too, jiayou.

SeemS like every0ne that g0 pan0rama teSt kn0wS the baby gender already.. aS f0r me i didnt g0 0scar 0r panar0ma either..
I d0 n0t have any MS.. but face break0ut badly.. & pe0ple Say l00king at my tummy might be carrying a b0y.. S0 Still unSure..

I guess it may be different for different people. I have mild MS, only more serious and frequent puking during week 12-13 and my baby's heartbeat is between 166-175 bpm. Panorama results says he's a boy:)

I had very bad MS during week 8-11. Then 12 was ok much better. Now 13 weeks and only vomit during evening time. Hais. I still thought after week 12 as we enter 2nd trimester it would get better D:

I had very bad MS during week 8-11. Then 12 was ok much better. Now 13 weeks and only vomit during evening time. Hais. I still thought after week 12 as we enter 2nd trimester it would get better D:

I routinely threw up between 4 and 5 pm. Now throat pain. What triggers your nausea in the evening?

I routinely threw up between 4 and 5 pm. Now throat pain. What triggers your nausea in the evening?

Ya for me usually after 4pm... will feel heartburn, the esophagus very burning / blocked.. Motion sickness also worsen so i will reach home first thing go toilet.. mostly foams, liquid, gastric juice, tears, mucus all concurrently... I used to hold back the puking but sometimes i feel when all out can be more relief.. Just console myself, MS meaning BB is growing well..

So strange, I throw up around the same time everyday, between 4 and 5 pm. Wish there's a scientific explanation for it...

Perhaps you can try to eat small meals in between lunch and dinner? My friend told me that sometimes when your stomach is empty during pregnancy, you may have more tendencies to want to puke.

Perhaps you can try to eat small meals in between lunch and dinner? My friend told me that sometimes when your stomach is empty during pregnancy, you may have more tendencies to want to puke.

I had one cracker around 3pm, maybe not enough. Then I had soy milk, I threw up right after...

me ~ i still have it in the morning, which is a must apparently. if I control not to throw up , it affects me the whole day with the nauseous feeling.. walking slowly helps to minimise the nauseous for the rest of the day.. i have to walk 1/4 of my normal speed. torturous man..

Wow, today I merlioned the moment I reached the toilet. No effort at all. But can feel very very sour and all white colour. I think tonight I go see GP, maybe really have to take Gaviscon or something...

me ~ i still have it in the morning, which is a must apparently. if I control not to throw up , it affects me the whole day with the nauseous feeling.. walking slowly helps to minimise the nauseous for the rest of the day.. i have to walk 1/4 of my normal speed. torturous man..

I also experience nausea when walking too fast. Especially when walking back to the office after lunch.

Wow, today I merlioned the moment I reached the toilet. No effort at all. But can feel very very sour and all white colour. I think tonight I go see GP, maybe really have to take Gaviscon or something...

you might want to ask ur gynae for some anti vomit pills. :)

you might want to ask ur gynae for some anti vomit pills. :)

I have ondansentron from my gynae but it gave me constipation and I bled a lot for the first time in my life. I just called the gynae office for some pointers but got unsymphatetic reply from one of the nurses: "Some pregnant women vomit all the way until giving birth."

Oh well, I guess I can still tahan this frequency, at least only once a day at between 3 and 5 pm and if I throw up I'd feel better after that.

I have ondansentron from my gynae but it gave me constipation and I bled a lot for the first time in my life. I just called the gynae office for some pointers but got unsymphatetic reply from one of the nurses: "Some pregnant women vomit all the way until giving birth."

Oh well, I guess I can still tahan this frequency, at least only once a day at between 3 and 5 pm and if I throw up I'd feel better after that.

Wow urs very bad hor? For me i realise could be motion sickness for me cos i also will vomit white yellowish stuffs during certain timings. I read that these are biles/stomach acid. I think its better to puke food out than these yikey yellow substance. I take gaviscon twice or thrice a day depending how bad it is. It does help to make me feel better. U can try. Gynae's anti-vomit pills i notice dont really work.

Wow urs very bad hor? For me i realise could be motion sickness for me cos i also will vomit white yellowish stuffs during certain timings. I read that these are biles/stomach acid. I think its better to puke food out than these yikey yellow substance. I take gaviscon twice or thrice a day depending how bad it is. It does help to make me feel better. U can try. Gynae's anti-vomit pills i notice dont really work.

Slightly better than week 8-12 though. Now nausea only in the afternoon. But the rest of the day super alot of gas, either I burp or fart non-stop :p Yar, anti-vomit pill only keep the stuff inside but you still feel horrible... Ok, I just realised saltine crackers don't work either. Just had 2 crackers and now want to throw up again...

Hi all, just want to share that my GP thought I had gastritis that led to vomiting about the same time everyday. I was prescribed veragel to be taken after a meal. My nausea improved significantly after that. The symptoms include discomfort at upper abdomen and excessive hiccups. I did not do anything for 2 weeks because I thought it was morning sickness. However I started suspecting something else was brewing because the nausea was not triggered by smell and occured the same time everyday. Also been vomiting stomach acid, v sour and burned the throat. Apparently pregnant women are susceptible to gastritis and certain food such as tomato can trigger it. I'm 14 weeks and 1 day today.

Hi all, just want to share that my GP thought I had gastritis that led to vomiting about the same time everyday. I was prescribed veragel to be taken after a meal. My nausea improved significantly after that. The symptoms include discomfort at upper abdomen and excessive hiccups. I did not do anything for 2 weeks because I thought it was morning sickness. However I started suspecting something else was brewing because the nausea was not triggered by smell and occured the same time everyday. Also been vomiting stomach acid, v sour and burned the throat. Apparently pregnant women are susceptible to gastritis and certain food such as tomato can trigger it. I'm 14 weeks and 1 day today.

Thanks for sharing. Take care:)

Hi Mummy, how long did u waited for the results? Do they reveal the gender to u over the phone or??

Maybe check with your gynae? My panorama test at TMC was out within one week (took the test on a Tuesday morning and received the result the following Tuesday). At first they told me 2 weeks, was rather surprised when I got it within 1 week.

They revealed the gender over the phone also. But that's because I indicated before the test that I wanted to know the gender. Some couples would opt not to find out the gender.

Maybe check with your gynae? My panorama test at TMC was out within one week (took the test on a Tuesday morning and received the result the following Tuesday). At first they told me 2 weeks, was rather surprised when I got it within 1 week.

They revealed the gender over the phone also. But that's because I indicated before the test that I wanted to know the gender. Some couples would opt not to find out the gender.

My gynae didnt offer me the test neh.. i only went for Oscar... so now still dunnoe the gender yet.. next scanning on week 16 depends on whether any luck to seeing else will wait till detail scan on week 20 ... Judging from my puking, i just feel is girl girl somehow..

My gynae didnt offer me the test neh.. i only went for Oscar... so now still dunnoe the gender yet.. next scanning on week 16 depends on whether any luck to seeing else will wait till detail scan on week 20 ... Judging from my puking, i just feel is girl girl somehow..

Maybe you are still young... I'm 35 already... Yea, I'm still puking also if I don't take the antacid. Strange, drink milo also puked...

Maybe you are still young... I'm 35 already... Yea, I'm still puking also if I don't take the antacid. Strange, drink milo also puked...

Ya.. Me week 14 n 2 days.... still puking.. >_< ... not say is complaining or blaming but just kinda of depressing at times..
Cant allow hunger to kick in will trigger puke but finding the acceptable food to go down also frustrating. .Sometimes, seeing the food itself totally cant put into mouth.. Finally ate down, bloating kicks in & cant tahan also end up puke.. My weight dropped 4kg and not making much progress. hopefully as gynae said, i have enough reserve for the little one to absorb.. :p

Ya.. Me week 14 n 2 days.... still puking.. >_< ... not say is complaining or blaming but just kinda of depressing at times..
Cant allow hunger to kick in will trigger puke but finding the acceptable food to go down also frustrating. .Sometimes, seeing the food itself totally cant put into mouth.. Finally ate down, bloating kicks in & cant tahan also end up puke.. My weight dropped 4kg and not making much progress. hopefully as gynae said, i have enough reserve for the little one to absorb.. :p

I think we have the same EDD! Jiayou! I totally understand and let's count our blessings that bb decides to come to us :)

hihi.. FTM here .. 18 weeks alone now and EDD early Oct .. I haven't had any confirmed feelings of baby's movement .. anyone else still not feeling anything ?

hihi.. FTM here .. 18 weeks alone now and EDD early Oct .. I haven't had any confirmed feelings of baby's movement .. anyone else still not feeling anything ?

i tot i felt some movement but its so mild that it could be gas or anything. Anyway i heard its like a flutter/swish feeling.

All i've gotten in the recent weeks are cramps so .. still eagerly waiting for a confirmative baby movement too ! Can't wait.

How many ml are u ladies taking ?

My superior also chasing me to confirm my ML. Keep asking me to take 12 weeks will do, keep 4 weeks in case BB injection / sick...
Then i see the dates is actually want me back to work to cover during CNY 2018 period.. >_<
My hubby ask me to clear all 16 weeks..
Btw, i heard from a friend that Childcare leave will be entitled for year 2017 after u delivered & cant bring over to next year.
I have not verify with HR yet so mummies do check with your HR about it so can count into your application as they will not automatic tell u i supposed..

Back