IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

Ic...just to check how long u waited b4 u manage to a slot to do ivf?

About slightly less than 4 mths. From 1st consultation (Nov) to IVF counselling (late Dec) was slightly longer. I cld only sign the IVF constent in late Jan becos my hubby had an overseas trip. After signing consent can start once menses start.

I guess shd be slightly shorter than KKH. I just went online to make an appointment with their o&g clinic. So happen was assigned to Dr Yu. After reviewing my case, she transferred me over to CARE.

Hi ladies, need some advice.

Time is running out for me (turning 39 soon). Have failed 1st fresh in Dec 2016. Dr advise me to start next fresh as soon as Feb menses arrive.

However, I am quite overweight and Dr did tell me to try to lose weight. Should i actually take 2-3 months to try lose more weight before embarking on the next IVF? Or should i just start the next IVF asap (since time is ticking). It's quite hard for me to lose weight fast due to genetics so I figured at least 3 months to lose.

Time is running out for me (turning 39 soon). Have failed 1st fresh in Dec 2016. Dr advise me to start next fresh as soon as Feb menses arrive.

However, I am quite overweight and Dr did tell me to try to lose weight. Should i actually take 2-3 months to try lose more weight before embarking on the next IVF? Or should i just start the next IVF asap (since time is ticking). It's quite hard for me to lose weight fast due to genetics so I figured at least 3 months to lose.

I'm also turning 39 and started my first cycle .. what did the doc recommend ?? Did he recommend you lose weight first ? You can also get him to direct you to a dietitian .. that's would be easier

Hi is there any other problem except from being overweight? If don't have then, follow doc instruction. Losing weight in 2-3 months can't be easy. I think u should start exercise if u haven't started and at same time can go for another fresh cycle. Losing weight is long term process. Important is u need to be healthy and active during process and there is no any other underlying problems.

I'm also turning 39 and started my first cycle .. what did the doc recommend ?? Did he recommend you lose weight first ? You can also get him to direct you to a dietitian .. that's would be easier

I think he has been asking me to lose weight since 2 years ago (when I did IUI with him). I did lose about 8kgs since but still not enough. He prescribed me metformin but it didn't help at all. So I guess he sort of gave up and just said to not gain more weight hahaha.

Hi is there any other problem except from being overweight? If don't have then, follow doc instruction. Losing weight in 2-3 months can't be easy. I think u should start exercise if u haven't started and at same time can go for another fresh cycle. Losing weight is long term process. Important is u need to be healthy and active during process and there is no any other underlying problems.

Both hubby and I don't seem to have any problems except perhaps my weight (70+ kg). Another reason is my ovarian reserve is on the lower side due to age.

Yeah I need to improve on my exercising.. to be honest it's so hard to do it as work tires me out. It's an excuse I know...

If it is a hindrance for ivf, it is best to do exercise to try to lose weight before embark new fresh cycle. I use 4 month to go gym everyday to exercise to lose weight before starting my 1st fresh. Maybe you can try for 1 month and see how and at the same time queue for the next fresh .

If it is a hindrance for ivf, it is best to do exercise to try to lose weight before embark new fresh cycle. I use 4 month to go gym everyday to exercise to lose weight before starting my 1st fresh. Maybe you can try for 1 month and see how and at the same time queue for the next fresh .

Wow everyday! You are so disciplined.

I shall try to wake up early to jog everyday before work...

i know its quite expensive but if you can afford it try getting a personal trainer to go with you at least once a week. i'm like you i dont like to exercise but having a trainer really helped to force me to turn up at the gym. having someone watch you and plan the activities out for you really helped me to focus on my fitness goals (if not i would usually chicken out and take the easy way out). all the best ok!

Heard getting into exercising before a fresh cycle really helps. I started with short runs twice a week. Feels good to sweat it out actually. Start with just 2km listening to some music? Then gradually increase by a bit. Endorphins released makes you happier too :)
My work is long and erratic hours - so capitalize on weekends and try at least once or twice during the week?

i know its quite expensive but if you can afford it try getting a personal trainer to go with you at least once a week. i'm like you i dont like to exercise but having a trainer really helped to force me to turn up at the gym. having someone watch you and plan the activities out for you really helped me to focus on my fitness goals (if not i would usually chicken out and take the easy way out). all the best ok!

That's a great idea. But I don't think I can afford a PT now... IVF and TCM are making me dry o_O

I will just have to get my butt off the couch and go exercise. Dragging my chubby hubby along!

Heard getting into exercising before a fresh cycle really helps. I started with short runs twice a week. Feels good to sweat it out actually. Start with just 2km listening to some music? Then gradually increase by a bit. Endorphins released makes you happier too :)
My work is long and erratic hours - so capitalize on weekends and try at least once or twice during the week?

Sounds great! I used to do short runs a few times a week (years ago) but gradually fell into the "I'm too busy (excuse) too tired" cycle. Really need to pick this up again!

That's a great idea. But I don't think I can afford a PT now... IVF and TCM are making me dry o_O

I will just have to get my butt off the couch and go exercise. Dragging my chubby hubby along!

Go to public gym. Cheap and affordable. 1 month member $30 unlimited access. Can use your ActiveSG$ given by government ($100).

I am also very overweight and been hitting the gym for years but i never really lose much weight, just got fitter. Its my PCOS that is hindering the weight loss process. Anyway i am contemplating cancelling my gym membership so that i can save the money. but i know if i cancel, i might just end up not having any work out since i hate running. Dilemma

Sounds great! I used to do short runs a few times a week (years ago) but gradually fell into the "I'm too busy (excuse) too tired" cycle. Really need to pick this up again!
Hi gal,

Just some words of encouragement for u: I was in a similar position, finding it hard to exercise due to work commitments..but after reading that having a fit and healthy body would improve my chances of success, I forced myself to go for either a quick jog or long walks at least 3 times a week. Hence, after failing my first fet, I had 3 months before commencing my next fresh cycle. During this period, I was more hard-core about eating well and exercising. Everytime I felt tired or reluctant to go for my exercise routine, I asked myself this question: do u want a baby or not???!

Obviously the answer is a yes, so I would drag my butt off the couch (very difficult task after 9-10 hours in the office!)

I'm now 16 weeks preg, so u can do it! Just need to remind yourself of your long term goal ie cute healthy baby :)

All the best!

I think i might need more than 2 years to reach the healthy range BMI. tho i am not extremely obese but my weight on the scale is alarmingly high. i am not sure if it is the bones or the muscles or what. I worked out for years and all i got was lost a few kgs and i got leaner.

Thanks to this, i am also going to pay higher premiums due to the weight for my insurance plans =(

Hi gal,

Just some words of encouragement for u: I was in a similar position, finding it hard to exercise due to work commitments..but after reading that having a fit and healthy body would improve my chances of success, I forced myself to go for either a quick jog or long walks at least 3 times a week. Hence, after failing my first fet, I had 3 months before commencing my next fresh cycle. During this period, I was more hard-core about eating well and exercising. Everytime I felt tired or reluctant to go for my exercise routine, I asked myself this question: do u want a baby or not???!

Obviously the answer is a yes, so I would drag my butt off the couch (very difficult task after 9-10 hours in the office!)

I'm now 16 weeks preg, so u can do it! Just need to remind yourself of your long term goal ie cute healthy baby :)

All the best!
very heartening to hear that Ttcjourney1982 :)
Although I don't have a success story (yet) but great to hear how these lifestyle tweaks can improve our chances. You certainly motivates me to eat healthy (not just go for convenient and sinful food) and to move my ass and get some exercise.
Wishing you a smooth pregnancy.

Anyone did FET? I am doing my FET soon but no idean what is it like. My 1st fresh in NOV failed. I am quite nervous actually....

I am also very overweight and been hitting the gym for years but i never really lose much weight, just got fitter. Its my PCOS that is hindering the weight loss process. Anyway i am contemplating cancelling my gym membership so that i can save the money. but i know if i cancel, i might just end up not having any work out since i hate running. Dilemma
may how much is your gym membership? i would like to lose weight too

Anyone did FET? I am doing my FET soon but no idean what is it like. My 1st fresh in NOV failed. I am quite nervous actually....

Hi adlina, I'm starting my first FET too. Just started taking medicine on Tuesday and am due for scan next Saturday.

Hi adlina, I'm starting my first FET too. Just started taking medicine on Tuesday and am due for scan next Saturday.

Hi I'm also hoping to have my FET soon .. just started Menses and trying for a natural FET first .hopefully lining would be ideal for implantation :) pray and hope ..

Hiquokkaa, where did u do the fet?

Though this is my first FET, I've had 3 fresh IVF. My first 2 IVF cycle were with KKH, the 2nd cycle unfortunately ended with miscarriage. Just did my 3rd IVF with Doc SF Loh in Dec/Jan which wasn't successful... thus the upcoming FET. You?

Oic.. I'm doing my ivf soon. Maybe in jun. Book appointment to see doc yu from sgh in mar 17. I did ivf back in 2013 with doc yu. Was a successful case. Now wanna try for 2nd one.

Hi I'm also hoping to have my FET soon .. just started Menses and trying for a natural FET first .hopefully lining would be ideal for implantation :) pray and hope ..

Hello girl, yes we can only hope and pray :) where are you doing your FET? I think we'll likely be on a similar cycle/timeline for FET. Here's hoping the best for us all

Although my Hb has low count, i also feel my lining is not enough for implantation to take place as I notice my menses is not much. sometime last only 2.5 days. Is there any remedy to improve the lining before IVF? my tcm told me maybe my prostrate is not producing blood well

Hello girl, yes we can only hope and pray :) where are you doing your FET? I think we'll likely be on a similar cycle/timeline for FET. Here's hoping the best for us all
I'm with nuh ... haha hope for the best ya .. cos mine is natural and first time so doc say have to see how first

Although my Hb has low count, i also feel my lining is not enough for implantation to take place as I notice my menses is not much. sometime last only 2.5 days. Is there any remedy to improve the lining before IVF? my tcm told me maybe my prostrate is not producing blood well

Many recommend taking red beans soup and red meat to improve lining.

Back