2016/07 July babies

Jts, Miniso selling these "aprons". Suggested by blw fb grp mummies, it's supposed to be cooler than the Ikea ones.

Only $3, compassone Miniso still has quite a lot but only this size and design/colour.

7e5b6ce94897af39e69098cd757841ff.jpg

9bd978d33e7a995042c746e8d6fd3b66.jpg

I am still sleeping on mattress ah!!!

And on crawling, mine nowadays crawling along the sides of the cot. Then if she knocks the side of the cot, she will cry.

I haven't had good sleep since she mastered this skill.

She likes to place face flat on the mattress then glide while butt lifted high. Can flip over and flip back on the back like roti prata now. Deploy her crawl + flip skills to move from one end to the other end of my king sized bed. Hahahaha

Seriously our babies are such monkeys!
Mine different technique. She will arch her back, head high high, like yoga pose, then launch forward and legs scurrying. Lol. Or scratch at the surface and legs left right left right but move very little. It's interesting to watch how they try to figure out different ways to propel forward.

She can swivel a few degrees either direction to get at her toys, but not as pro as @emk Jr!

Her shouting phase comes and goes. The worst was when she first figured out how to shout, about ...a month back? Aiyoh. Like contest with herself to see how loud she can go. "AH! AGH! AKK!". And is not even fussing, just super excited to hear herself. Since then, rotate days of squeaking, squawking, shouting, humming, babbling.

Today is cooing and humming day all of a sudden damn seeboon. Dunno tomorrow semo pattern. Lol.

Wah thanks for sharing the good deal. I shall go and stock up on that too even though I had bought the IKEA ones

Aiyo just now I one hand carry emk jr, one hand hold Yakult and drink, suddenly a little hand grab and pull my hand. I look down, my Yakult straw inside emk jr mouth... Omg i faster pull it out .. Luckily he doesn't know how to suck on the straw, otherwise he really get to drink it. How to control this monkey hand ??? Grab here and there ....

Lol he loves healthy drink!

I just finished taobao shopping for my gal for CNY. Dresses, shoes, socks, hair accessories. Feel like a heavy load gone haah. Could have go on n on but this round my sis has limited luggage space flying back from china so gotta tarek myself.

Mummies started/finished baby CNY shopping?

Just need to get another outfit for myself, and hubby needs 3 new shirts, and we should be ready! Maybe shoes too. But it's difficult to shop with bb blocking my view lol

I don't enjoy online shopping. More often than not I wind up shutting the app or browser in frustration.

CNY shopping done, cause got a few new sets of clothing for Ian from his Christmas presents. As for myself, clothing are on the way to Singapore :p Flying off to BKK with le hub this saturday for some 二人世界, so he will shop his clothing there.

All that's left is SPRING CLEANING! Not much time (& energy) to do a thorough clean, so going to engage a part time cleaner to help out. Don't know why, I only move into my new house last June, last than a year but I find my house in need of a big cleaning!~ :eek:

Going to bring Ian to see the lighting at Chinatown too, I think he will like it since it's all going to be bright red color. Just hope it won't be so crowded (fingers crossed).

hi mummies, anyone bought the Philips Avent steamer blender? I am not sure if I should invest in one so am looking for some reviews on this product :) thanks in advance

Hello Mummies, glad to see that here all babies are growing fast and well :)
Didn't manage to follow the thread since I started working in mid Oct. I have changed to a new job. So far so good, and of course, VERY busy.
I have some questions on introducing solid/semi solid to LO. Tried to catch up some posts, but please advise if I have missed any :
1. At what time are you all starting to introduce solids? Though PD suggested after 6 months, but it seems that many of you have already started solids at 5 months +?
2. What is the amount to introduce in the first few weeks? like roughly how many gram ? Should I replace a feed with solids?
3. I saw some of you talking about steam pumpkins and sweet potatoes, how about apples, papaya, avocado? Do you also steam the fruits before giving to LO?

I also have some concerns about the milestone. So far my boy is 5.5 months, he is able to flip, grasp, have eye contact, smile, however, he seldom laugh out (laugh with sound). No matter how much we stimulate him :( .. Can your babies laugh out now?
Recently my boy has sweat a lot during night sleep. We put him in Aircon room with 27 degree C/. Any babies here also sleeps in aircon room? How much do you cover him? I put him under a blanket (slightly thicker than bed sheet). Perhaps it is too hot for him...

Btw, would like to recommend Jumperoo to all mummies. This is so far the best toy I have bought for him. My boy just simply loves it! He can stays in the jumperoo for half an hour and jump jump jump. lol. You can refer to this video to see how happy can baby be in a jumperoo. :)

hi mummies, anyone bought the Philips Avent steamer blender? I am not sure if I should invest in one so am looking for some reviews on this product :) thanks in advance

I also am curious if anyone here uses it.

For me as the feed amount now is so little, I find traditional steaming and a separate blender work fine.

Didn't manage to follow the thread since I started working in mid Oct. I have changed to a new job. So far so good, and of course, VERY busy.
I have some questions on introducing solid/semi solid to LO. Tried to catch up some posts, but please advise if I have missed any :
1. At what time are you all starting to introduce solids? Though PD suggested after 6 months, but it seems that many of you have already started solids at 5 months +?
2. What is the amount to introduce in the first few weeks? like roughly how many gram ? Should I replace a feed with solids?
3. I saw some of you talking about steam pumpkins and sweet potatoes, how about apples, papaya, avocado? Do you also steam the fruits before giving to LO?

I also have some concerns about the milestone. So far my boy is 5.5 months, he is able to flip, grasp, have eye contact, smile, however, he seldom laugh out (laugh with sound). No matter how much we stimulate him :( .. Can your babies laugh out now?
Recently my boy has sweat a lot during night sleep. We put him in Aircon room with 27 degree C/. Any babies here also sleeps in aircon room? How much do you cover him? I put him under a blanket (slightly thicker than bed sheet). Perhaps it is too hot for him...

Btw, would like to recommend Jumperoo to all mummies. This is so far the best toy I have bought for him. My boy just simply loves it! He can stays in the jumperoo for half an hour and jump jump jump. lol. You can refer to this video to see how happy can baby be in a jumperoo. :)

Congrats on new job and Long time no see!

@starview I have used it before. It is very easy to use. U just need to dice the ingredients and steam it in the machine. Once it is done, tilt it opposite to blend. And that's it.

When to feed baby on solid depends on how ready ur baby is. Most important milestone is for ur baby to sit unassisted.

And regarding your baby laughing out loud... Mine did first chuckle at week 14. It just happened out of the blue. I think don't need to worry. As Long as ur baby active can Liao?

It's good to be happy at work:) Hope it's a happy busy too.

I read technically solid introduction should be done only after 4mo. Some babies start to be curious with food (like mine before 6mo) therefore I gave lor. Actually at this stage, it's really just to let bb taste and explore. It's not like she is going to eat a whole banana now. Let her body system slowly get ready for solid.

The guide is one-two tablespoon for a start. But it's almost not possible to cook/make just that little. So bound to have some wastage (and I will avoid freezing cooked veg/fruit because in Chinese we believe such chilled food will give wind to our body). So just make as little as you can. Baby will let you know when she has enough.

Papaya and avo don't need to steam. Apple and pear yes. Papaya try to intro later; after bb has tried those you mentioned. It's not as digestible as the rest.

My gal is easily tickled by things she sees. But if your pd is not concerned then I'm sure all is well. All babies will reach their milestones at their own pace.

Wah 27degree and cover blanket I will also sweat. Hehe. If your bb is well covered like long sleeves and long pants then I think no need blankie leh. We usually set the aircon at 25. But lately my place is quite chilly so no aircon and I'm sure it has been below 25 at late nights. Will cover up with blankie for her. I guess just read your baby's reaction. No hard n fast rules.

My gal also loves the jumperoo.

Oh as for feed schedule. After a few days of feeding, this is what works best for her. Her milk feed interval is 2.5-3hrs. After a milk, I will feed solid 2hrs later. Then 30mins later, resume milk. Somehow, after a solid feed, the milk feed she drinks more and quick.

I've learnt that I can't feed solid at her usual milk feed time. She would be too hungry and pekcek to be seated at high chair and buckle and all.

So actually introducing solid doesnt reduce her milk intake at this moment. Now she drinks averagely 800-900ml a day. Pd says when she takes more solid at later stage she probably will drink 500ml.

The KKH PD told me not to delay solids introduction beyond 6mths. This after assessing bubbles neck at 5mth, even tho she cannot sit unassisted, she say by 6mth her neck will be stable enough, just intro. Reasons given are late introduction, bb may reject solids, and develop allergies.

My bb 27deg no blanket, ls romper and footed pants, right under fan, also sweat. Haha.

Laugh audibly or not think is individual. She chuckled I think..almost 3rd mth, but not very much also, quite stingy with her laughs. Until her dad discovered that she loved the nodding head action. So now anybody play 点点头 with her she will laugh. Find what amuses ur bb! Can start to play peekaboo also!

I plan to do baby led weaning, and have an earlier gen Philips steamer/blender handed down...haven't tested yet. But ya, since starting out is so small qty, I plan to use my small rice cooker. For everything ba. Easier to wash also. And not buying storage cups, gonna use the avent cups since I dun express much anymore.

The KKH PD told me not to delay solids introduction beyond 6mths. This after assessing bubbles neck at 5mth, even tho she cannot sit unassisted, she say by 6mth her neck will be stable enough, just intro. Reasons given are late introduction, bb may reject solids, and develop allergies.

My bb 27deg no blanket, ls romper and footed pants, right under fan, also sweat. Haha.

Laugh audibly or not think is individual. She chuckled I think..almost 3rd mth, but not very much also, quite stingy with her laughs. Until her dad discovered that she loved the nodding head action. So now anybody play 点点头 with her she will laugh. Find what amuses ur bb! Can start to play peekaboo also!

I plan to do baby led weaning, and have an earlier gen Philips steamer/blender handed down...haven't tested yet. But ya, since starting out is so small qty, I plan to use my small rice cooker. For everything ba. Easier to wash also. And not buying storage cups, gonna use the avent cups since I dun express much anymore.

@snowfern let me know when u are starting blw. And tell me what u use Everyday! I want to copycat hahaha

Ok @KWL ! But I more active in watsapp, and now got July mummies set up a group chat for July blw, those interested drop me a private msg I will add u!!

Ok @KWL ! But I more active in watsapp, and now got July mummies set up a group chat for July blw, those interested drop me a private msg I will add u!!

Yes yes I am also inside that July WhatsApp group. Keep quiet but got follow type lol! I have just asked the mummy to add me. I PM u my contact too. And now we have upgraded to "real-er" friends!

Yup I have one ! Super good for BB during this period.im using it now for my girl food

Thanks mummies for the reviews. My mum is using the more troublesome method now -- to cook the food in a pot then use the masher to mash the food which is quite troublesome and more things to wash. Like that, I will get one soon so that my mother can help prepare the food more easily.

I'm going to be more diligent in preparing food for Ian. Have been quite lazy nowadays and he's sick for the past few days. Heart pain, cause he's having flu & cough and can't sleep quite well at night.

And I'm flying off tomorrow :( HAIZ.

Am down with fever and sore throat myself too, don't know how I got this virus from. Supply dip somemore!~ Hoping to recover on my own rather than taking medication just to avoid affecting the bm now. Tiring aahhhh o_O

I'm going to be more diligent in preparing food for Ian. Have been quite lazy nowadays and he's sick for the past few days. Heart pain, cause he's having flu & cough and can't sleep quite well at night.

Am down with fever and sore throat myself too, don't know how I got this virus from. Supply dip somemore!~ Hoping to recover on my own rather than taking medication just to avoid affecting the bm now. Tiring aahhhh o_O
Aiyoh. It's going around, hubby got it too. Drink more water and rest is the best (and usually only) cure for viral infections! But if some bf safe meds can help alleviate your symptoms for better rest, maybe better to take la.

Work in office always kena this shit cos of central air conditioning. Usually when I sense flu coming up, I will make fruit juice and drink to suppress the illness. Use natural food/ remedy

Oh dear ... Must take care! That time I got cough and fever, Doctor advice me to wear mask when I'm close to emk jr.

I prepare one week supply of avocado for my mum to feed emk jr, he love it. My mum see emk jr have been eating so well and she come again !!! Try feeding him porridge .. She said today is second day emk jr having porridge.

Thanks Mummies! Going to use this trip to rest more. :p Let me know if you need boots milk bag!~ LOL!~

Today I was feeding Ian a wedge of apple. He like to bite it so I'll just hold the apple while he bites. Suddenly both his hand grab the apple and he wanna hold the wedge himself. Is this a sign of BLW? ;)

Thanks Mummies! Going to use this trip to rest more. :p Let me know if you need boots milk bag!~ LOL!~

Today I was feeding Ian a wedge of apple. He like to bite it so I'll just hold the apple while he bites. Suddenly both his hand grab the apple and he wanna hold the wedge himself. Is this a sign of BLW? ;)

Hey I m keen to get boots milk bag. Can help me buy? I will pay for postage too.

I find it the most compact storage bag ever.

Not sure if that's a sign but my gal also likes to hold the spoon with both hands when we feed. You gonna do BLW?

ImageUploadedByForum1483745115.291280.jpg

I got this and will try soon.

Reactions: emk
Thanks Mummies! Going to use this trip to rest more. Let me know if you need boots milk bag!~ LOL!~

PM me if u want to be added to blw watsapp chat :) so many mummies excited to begin!!

@redvel Yup, I'll planning to try. This way when we are having our lunar new year dinner, Ian also can try to eat his own food at the table with us HAHA that's if he's willing to eat himself of course

Btw is everyone still raining hair? I still got but lesser. Maybe cos lesser hair liao lol

some days I'll still give pieces of food for her to explore.

So for true BLW, babies don't eat cereal?

I was just thinking about that hair loss thing. Indeed lesser rain but like you said, we don't have much to drop liao :(

Anyway I went to cut my hair above shoulder length last week. I think got 6inchs snip.

Wow so brave. I am maintaining slightly over shoulders. Cos too Long obstruct latching. Too short cannot tie and even hotter. And also cannot be pretty. Hahaha

But I seriously got ugly hair now. It is in a natural state. Not rebonded. Not permed. Not coloured. My natural hair Colour has grown out with cascading dyed hair portion (before pregnancy). Such a state for CNY hahaha.

Mine raining lesser too but as wat u say, really is because I have lesser hair to rain now. If still raining like before think I will become botak!

My lo having very bad constipation. My mil says it's the cereal that I'm giving. Ask me to give porridge instead. But the problem is I dun think mine can take porridge yet coz she will give that vomit look when there is bits size food. But nonetheless, I still cook porridge for her lor since my mil says that will prevent constipation. What I did is I will cook the porridge with pumpkin then blend it till purée before giving it to her. She doesn't like it much.
I bought avocado too but when i cut it out have those black black strain. I dunno how to describe but after i scrap out those black part I think 3/4 of the avocado gone.. is it suppose to be like that? Maybe I will take a pic of the avocado tmr and seek for guidance here. Today it's going to be the blended porridge with pumpkin.
ImageUploadedByForum1483862515.943925.jpg

That's how my blended porridge looks like. Haha, still in my avent blender.

Does any baby here knows how to crawl already? Mine has no clue and I don't even see her backside popping up.
But mine is like snowfern jr.. the head will arch up and she will inch upward when lying on her back. That's a really new pattern coz i dun remember any of my elder 2 are doing that.

Mine raining lesser too but as wat u say, really is because I have lesser hair to rain now. If still raining like before think I will become botak!

My lo having very bad constipation. My mil says it's the cereal that I'm giving. Ask me to give porridge instead. But the problem is I dun think mine can take porridge yet coz she will give that vomit look when there is bits size food. But nonetheless, I still cook porridge for her lor since my mil says that will prevent constipation. What I did is I will cook the porridge with pumpkin then blend it till purée before giving it to her. She doesn't like it much.
I bought avocado too but when i cut it out have those black black strain. I dunno how to describe but after i scrap out those black part I think 3/4 of the avocado gone.. is it suppose to be like that? Maybe I will take a pic of the avocado tmr and seek for guidance here. Today it's going to be the blended porridge with pumpkin. View attachment 672521
That's how my blended porridge looks like. Haha, still in my avent blender.
Avocado issue yes. Mummies say NTUC one usually like that, but can eat. Cold storage de more ex, but less likely have the brown strands.

My hairfall also reduce significantly, coinciding with my decision to wash with cold/lukewarm water instead of steaming hot. And hubby bought sunsilk hairfall reduction shampoo also. Now back to my pre-preg semi-botak qty, but definitely more grey......

Back