2016/07 July babies

Wow... many thanks for replying and pumping schedules. All still very hardworking pumping. I hope I can come out a schedule and provide her BM then can save the money on FM. Dunno can withstand for 1 year anot. =X

Now is I need to pump out then let my MIL try bottle feed her. Maybe try tmr see can pump out first then feed her.

@emk and sa_rrrah, the pump can no need to wash after each pump? Can just sort in zip lock bag one ah?

I also have intentions to trade my avent bottles for pigeon bottles. But when thinking need to go there and join the crowd abit sian...

My MIL will help to look after baby Erin until July then put her ifc at my house downstairs . By then, dunno whether she wants to continue to take care not. Cause she say the vacant ifc is abit far for me to bring over.

Wow... many thanks for replying and pumping schedules. All still very hardworking pumping. I hope I can come out a schedule and provide her BM then can save the money on FM. Dunno can withstand for 1 year anot. =X

Now is I need to pump out then let my MIL try bottle feed her. Maybe try tmr see can pump out first then feed her.

@emk and sa_rrrah, the pump can no need to wash after each pump? Can just sort in zip lock bag one ah?

I do the same, put into ziplock bag (or I read bf FB group, they use airtight Tupperware)... put into fridge then reuse... sometimes I even use for 2/3 days.

My thinking is, bottled ebm can store 2-5 days in fridge condition, pump parts shld be able to store 1-2 days in the fridge lor?

For pumping to a year, I did that for my no1 up to 14mo. Started weaning slowly at 12mo. I think the key is to make pumping sustainable. Try too hard make urself so tired u might give up early.

So I try to relax myself and now ok to supplement w fm. I think I tend to give pressure to myself when I fully ebm for no1 but cannot supply for no2. No2 drinks more than no1 and I think lack of rest (2 kids waking in the night is no joke) further affect supply.

ImageUploadedByForum1483376483.979894.jpg

No1 at 8months

ImageUploadedByForum1483376530.022848.jpg

No2 at 6months. Upsize hor? Haha!

@candymoshi HAHAHA So cute so cute!~ Hand me down from Kor kor! Handsome boys!~

@Evafantasy Take it easy, every bm you feed Baby Erin is every goodness provided. Don't stress yourself too much on the supply. It will not do you good getting stressed up~ Nowadays I also keep my fingers crossed, got how much then feed how much. If not I think I will stress too much over it~ :rolleyes:

Everyone is seriously diligent. Haha.

Looks like I am the only one that does washing and soaking in hot water after every pump in office. I find it leh cheh but I still do it. I save the time by pumping in my room and never walk to pantry to store.

As for bottles, I am asking because I recently bought a Pigeon bottle that is on 20% off. I got the 6mth and beyond teat cos our little one is going to be 6mth soon or some already there. However, the accompanying bottle is 330ml. My little one is only drinking <100ml per feed during the day. Bottle is definitely wrong size Liao. If I were to buy a smaller bottle, I feel that I am wasting money cos the teat is of wrong age.

Any advice from mummies on how to overcome?

I tried to feed Ian apple this weekend, he don't seem to know how to swallow properly. Sometimes he will puke out the apple puree after staying in his mouth for awhile. Is it because the puree texture is not fine enough? How to help him swallow better?

I think is not creamy enough ..

Mine only sleep 1.5 to 2 hours each nap during daytime. Only sleep 2 to 4 times. At night, she sleep at 9 plus to 10pm until next morning. She drink 1 to 2 times at night. She only drink 140ml. Do i need to increase her milk intake?

I only pump 5 times per day. So the intake decrease. No time and not enough sleep. Have to work, housework, cooking, supervisor her bro with spelling n take care of bb. Should i stop bm?

Mine only sleep 1.5 to 2 hours each nap during daytime. Only sleep 2 to 4 times. At night, she sleep at 9 plus to 10pm until next morning. She drink 1 to 2 times at night. She only drink 140ml. Do i need to increase her milk intake?

I only pump 5 times per day. So the intake decrease. No time and not enough sleep. Have to work, housework, cooking, supervisor her bro with spelling n take care of bb. Should i stop bm?

You can still continue to bf your baby. Of course, if possible, latching might be easier for you since you need to do so many things. This way you can save up your time to pump (& wash) and feed her directly. Anyone in the family can help? Even for an hour or so it definitely can help you achieve some housework or even rest time.

I'm a strong believer that a Happy Mummy = Happy baby (and or course your elder son)!~ So try to stay happy and enjoy your time with your kids!~ Ganbatte! :p

I'm going to get a blender SOON~ hopefully it will help! Have been procrastinating so long on whether to get a blender. :D

Haha I never get a blender too, I use manual cutter, very small hole type. Used it to cut cheese for my pasta, now use it for baby food haha. I add bm to make avocado more creamy, not sure about Apple leh .. I think Apple with milk very weird Haha
ImageUploadedByForum1483413969.881013.jpg
the manual cutter look something like that but not this type la .. I got this at home too but never try it.

Some food like broccoli i still need a blender. Smash/avo/banana these kind can still mesh them in the pigeon mesh bowl. I guess for some food still need milk or porridge to get some consistency.

I haven't got a high chair for my weekend home so my gal sat on the bumbo seat during solid feed (resting on sofa). Can't get her to eat at all because she keeps looking down and soon got agitated (luckily the bumbo chair is passdown). Put her back in bouncer and hubby just handed her the spoon. She got so excited and kept grabbing the spoon with the food into her mouth. And waiting to be handed the spoon with food again. He gave her a few spoons though I read baby shouldn't eat while reclined down. Better get a proper chair ready soon.

How many naps and how long each time in a day now?

My gal's nap has been shorter and shorter. Past days she never crossed 50mins each nap. Averagely just 20-30mins. Maybe nap 4-5x a day.

I think she played too much.

Mine always cat nap at my mum place.

She can do 1-2hr nap in my room though. Cos it is quiet enough - fully carpeted with windows closed and white noise from fan.

My mum says sleep little = thin baby. My Michelin at risk again.

I envy you that your gal can nap so long. Mine used to be able to. Lately Party mood... sleeping much little. But night time she can knock out 7-8pm and wakes 6am. One night feed in between.

How long is the interval between the feeds?

Mine for weeks can drink 160ml/3hrly. But noticed she got hungry earlier past days so I give her 130ml/2hrly. Or stretch 2.5hrly. If your gal seems to drink finish 140 and still like sucking for more maybe can try increase to 160?

I can only imagine having to take care of two... ya hope you may be able to find some help on other things like chores/cooking. All these can get overwhelming when we mummies wanna accomplish all when it's really not possible doing them alone.

Mine always cat nap at my mum place.

She can do 1-2hr nap in my room though. Cos it is quiet enough - fully carpeted with windows closed and white noise from fan.

My mum says sleep little = thin baby. My Michelin at risk again.

Indeed the ambience makes a difference. She can sleep long at school! The ifc got a nice dark room.

Weekend I also changed the bedroom in my law place to light blocking curtain.

How many naps and how long each time in a day now?

My gal's nap has been shorter and shorter. Past days she never crossed 50mins each nap. Averagely just 20-30mins. Maybe nap 4-5x a day.

I think she played too much.

Ian also can't sleep longer than an hour nowadays. Sometimes nap about 2-3 times for the whole day. So energetic no need sleep one, but Mummy needs it!~ The past long weekend brought him out for breakfast, lunch and some gai gai time. So happy, can see he's tired but he just refused to sleep.

The moment we sit in the car/bus, he will fell asleep...really...sometimes don't know what's he thinking HAHA~

I envy you that your gal can nap so long. Mine used to be able to. Lately Party mood... sleeping much little. But night time she can knock out 7-8pm and wakes 6am. One night feed in between.

How long is the interval between the feeds?

Mine for weeks can drink 160ml/3hrly. But noticed she got hungry earlier past days so I give her 130ml/2hrly. Or stretch 2.5hrly. If your gal seems to drink finish 140 and still like sucking for more maybe can try increase to 160?

I can only imagine having to take care of two... ya hope you may be able to find some help on other things like chores/cooking. All these can get overwhelming when we mummies wanna accomplish all when it's really not possible doing them alone.
Can. I sleep ard 11 plus. Wake up ard 5 plus to 6am. Between do wake up when she is hungry.

Ian also can't sleep longer than an hour nowadays. Sometimes nap about 2-3 times for the whole day. So energetic no need sleep one, but Mummy needs it!~ The past long weekend brought him out for breakfast, lunch and some gai gai time. So happy, can see he's tired but he just refused to sleep.

The moment we sit in the car/bus, he will fell asleep...really...sometimes don't know what's he thinking HAHA~

Same same. A few times hubby suggests let's go drive baby around to nap when we can see that she is so tired but hong xim. But we didn't purposely do it la. Like leave the gathering earlier so that she can nap in car.

I tried to feed Ian apple this weekend, he don't seem to know how to swallow properly. Sometimes he will puke out the apple puree after staying in his mouth for awhile. Is it because the puree texture is not fine enough? How to help him swallow better?
You steamed the apple first hor?

I am a bit pekcek. So many sites advise putting baby into cot while baby is drowsy. But what of the baby that is extreme mode like mine, all or nothing de. She got no drowsy mode one!!!!!! Either babbling full force, then kena forced by me to sleep (boob) then k.o. but cannot transfer to cot de lor. Fail. Every. Single. Time. Liow.

All my previous months of cot training gone to waste. Now is bopian let her sleep in my bed, or not at all. She will go on and on and on de. Energizer monkey.

Ambience does make a difference. She has consistently slept more than 30mins now that we have the blackout curtains in. Could be due to cooler weather too, she also damn scared hot, die die refuses to be covered by the blanket

@candymoshi aww...your boys are so cute!!

@snowfern don't worry, bubbles is same as baby Erin. The moment I put her down when drowsy, she opened her eyes wide and look at me. I can only put her down once she is fast asleep if not sleep beside me like you. But then I tell myself, this is the only time she can sleep beside me and snuggle together. Next time when she grows up, may not have chance to sleep beside each other.

@candymoshi aww...your boys are so cute!!

@snowfern don't worry, bubbles is same as baby Erin. The moment I put her down when drowsy, she opened her eyes wide and look at me. I can only put her down once she is fast asleep if not sleep beside me like you. But then I tell myself, this is the only time she can sleep beside me and snuggle together. Next time when she grows up, may not have chance to sleep beside each other.
See ah. This is the other problem. Right as I type, I have been trying to get her to nap, for the past 45mins. We usually try for 3 naps a day, min 1hr. Only after install curtains then can. Previously Not even 15mins nap. Then she nonstop moving and babbling de. I try to tire her out with tummy or tickle time, read book. Usually our sleep ritual is dark room, close door, music on, latch, sleep. Today ok, so far so good, almost 1 hr for past 2, naps. But now keep rubbing eyes and yawning but dunwan latch, dunwan carry, only want lie down move kick grumble babble play pillow.

Jin tired.

Snowfern, wondering if you tried transferring when bubbles is super asleep mode?
Yup. After half hr, after 1 hr, after 5 mins also got. Hand surrender mode. All cannot de. Even sleep in my arms put down cannot. She will get even more pissed off then I have to coax her to sleep again. Rinse repeat. Record is 6 times we tried, from 7pm till 2am. Surrender let her sleep next to me.

Hey this is the war that I have gone thru months ago when I decided to do cot training.

I repeatedly put her in the cot like 10000 times Everyday for almost a week before she finally accepted the cot.

Just latch until sleep then I toss her over. Sometimes she will open eyes. Then I will carry up to latch again. Repeat until she knock out and no energy to fight with me.

Jin tired but no choice. See baby or u win in this game.

But I must add. This only happened since a mth or so ago after her choking incident (explore w her fingers till vomit, choke and cry, then nightmares for almost a week cannot sleep properly)

@snowfern I am facing the same problem as you now. At 3pm, I latch her and she fall asleep latching. Then i tried to break her away and put her to sleep on her bouncer and she wake up. Then I latch her another side and she fall asleep. Then this time she break herself and I carry her in my arms to pat her to sleep she open her eyes big. My MIL say put her at bouncer and rock her to sleep. We have been doing for almost past 1hr, she open her eyes big and keep babbling...want to sleep but dun want to sleep.

@snowfern I am facing the same problem as you now. At 3pm, I latch her and she fall asleep latching. Then i tried to break her away and put her to sleep on her bouncer and she wake up. Then I latch her another side and she fall asleep. Then this time she break herself and I carry her in my arms to pat her to sleep she open her eyes big. My MIL say put her at bouncer and rock her to sleep. We have been doing for almost past 1hr, she open her eyes big and keep babbling...want to sleep but dun want to sleep.
Our bb pakat de XD

Jin zombie liow.

Our bb pakat de XD

Jin zombie liow.

Haha... I like your quote. I think the 2 of them really pakat. Normally she also have 3 naps and mins 2hrs. Now is like 1 or 2 naps with1hr or lesser. Now, my MIL is trying to pat her to sleep but she keep on babbling non stop and talk to my MIL with her high pitch voice. I already gave up liao...

Hey this is the war that I have gone thru months ago when I decided to do cot training.

I repeatedly put her in the cot like 10000 times Everyday for almost a week before she finally accepted the cot.

Just latch until sleep then I toss her over. Sometimes she will open eyes. Then I will carry up to latch again. Repeat until she knock out and no energy to fight with me.

Jin tired but no choice. See baby or u win in this game.
Yeah I remember u even slept on the floor next to her cot right.

That time, she still ok de. As long as bedtime routine initiated, cluster feed done, she will sleep in cot for minimum 3-4 hrs before next feed. Up until the choking incident lor. Then cannot liow, even refuse to be left alone, I cannot put her down the first week after that, will tantrum till sobbing choking tears and howling night terrors. Heartbreaking.

Now she's older and stronger, even harder to train. We are thinking of modding her cot into a co-sleeper see if she willing or not. If not, then no choice. Have to pull mattress to the ground and co-sleep, she's started to crawl liow (few cm only, and happened only a handful of times, but got progress).

I am still sleeping on mattress ah!!!

And on crawling, mine nowadays crawling along the sides of the cot. Then if she knocks the side of the cot, she will cry.

I haven't had good sleep since she mastered this skill.

She likes to place face flat on the mattress then glide while butt lifted high. Can flip over and flip back on the back like roti prata now. Deploy her crawl + flip skills to move from one end to the other end of my king sized bed. Hahahaha

Seriously our babies are such monkeys!

Hmm my baby keep sticking his tongue out when he is happy and smiling ... He found his tongue??

Mine too maybe 2mths ago. Sticking out tongue. Even asked pd is baby ok. She says nothing to be worried about. Now you mentioned, I also forgot about it. She is not doing it anymore now.

Basically we adopt this approach. Desirable Behaviour we smile and encourage. Non-desirable ones- we pretend no see. And she learns that it is not fun and she stops and surprise us with New tricks.

Today I changed to Pigeon bottles. Wah seh. Like u all have described earlier, gulp down like no tomorrow. At least now my mum doesn't have to feed over a few installments. Shall monitor to see if it is the norm or just lucky.

Oh ya wanted to reply you to let you know my gal is using 6mo+ pigeon teat. @KWL

She already changed to the biggest size teat 2-3mths ago. She is a plain lazy person. Don't wanna choot lat suck one. Like till now, she also refuses to move in her sleep. I read so many of your babies wake up in morning all over the place but mine really just stationery there one.

But for drinking water, I keep her teat at one size down. Do you intend to start giving her water when she starts her BLW?

Reactions: KWL
Oh no I give him a wrong respond, when he stick his tongue out with that cheeky smile, I find it soooo cute la ... I even stick my tongue out and he laugh.

I am with @KWL on positive reinforcement, and ignoring undesirable behaviour. Problem is the adults she is modelling after. MIL likes to outscream bubbles or make loud squealing noises, thinking it will stop or distract her. I keep reminding MIL that the louder she responds, the more bubbles will think is normal to shout or scream. But she thinks I pattern liao liao. I ask her to observe, when I respond to bubbles with a lower tone, she also lowers her volume. MIL still say, is ok, bubbles will have strong lungs. I say, please, at home U can tahan, I nothing to say, u think u can tahan if she starts screaming like that on the bus or train? Then she stopped squealing at her, or at least, tries to. Got to give her credit for that.

Uggghhh so frustrating.

Oh ya wanted to reply you to let you know my gal is using 6mo+ pigeon teat. @KWL

She already changed to the biggest size teat 2-3mths ago. She is a plain lazy person. Don't wanna choot lat suck one. Like till now, she also refuses to move in her sleep. I read so many of your babies wake up in morning all over the place but mine really just stationery there one.

But for drinking water, I keep her teat at one size down. Do you intend to start giving her water when she starts her BLW?

Yes bought the magmag bottle. But won't give too much water if not don't drink milk.

I am with @KWL on positive reinforcement, and ignoring undesirable behaviour. Problem is the adults she is modelling after. MIL likes to outscream bubbles or make loud squealing noises, thinking it will stop or distract her. I keep reminding MIL that the louder she responds, the more bubbles will think is normal to shout or scream. But she thinks I pattern liao liao. I ask her to observe, when I respond to bubbles with a lower tone, she also lowers her volume. MIL still say, is ok, bubbles will have strong lungs. I say, please, at home U can tahan, I nothing to say, u think u can tahan if she starts screaming like that on the bus or train? Then she stopped squealing at her, or at least, tries to. Got to give her credit for that.

Uggghhh so frustrating.

Haha bubbles and KWL jr mummies are quite alike in terms of raising kids. Fortunately I haven't encountered the shouting part. It sounds quite bad from what u have shared.

I just need to carry KWL jr and Jalan Jalan to calm and soothe her if she cried or fuss. The secret weapon is to use the carry her over the shoulder position, which can instantly calms her.

Last night my little one cry until I tomorrow every 10min between 9-10pm. Nothing could appease the goddess. I thought she was sick. But no. Guess what was the problem?

KWL Geh Kiang wear Long pants for baby thinking that it will be more comfy than to use the zipped swaddle in mermaid style. Guess she hates the elastic band over her waist. The moment I removed, she had good sleep over a Longer period of time.

Moral of the story : by 5/6mths, babies have formed habit already. It is not easy to break and change. So if there are any undesirable behaviour, must really correct asap. Not wait and wait until it becomes something perpetual. Baby will just be upset when changes are introduced. Upset baby = unhappy mum

Oh no I give him a wrong respond, when he stick his tongue out with that cheeky smile, I find it soooo cute la ... I even stick my tongue out and he laugh.

Me too actually. But my mil don't like and she will "scold" him when he stick his tongue out. Nowadays he don't do that anymore :p

Back