IVF/ICSI Support Group

I'm 7dpt2dt, natural fet. On crinone gel and have been experiencing cramps 1dpt2dt post et.the cramps come and go, mostly in morns or evening. Lower abdomen. I don't Rem having such daily cramps previous fresh. Anyone on crinone having daily cramps?

Hi all, I just went to collect my blood test yesterday. Super sad coz the test showed that I have Low ovarian reserves (amh 4.31) which means that I have to start on short protocol instead of Long protocol. Will be starting my jab on day 2 which is probably next wed or Thursday instead of yesterday

I'm 7dpt2dt, natural fet. On crinone gel and have been experiencing cramps 1dpt2dt post et.the cramps come and go, mostly in morns or evening. Lower abdomen. I don't Rem having such daily cramps previous fresh. Anyone on crinone having daily cramps?

I'm on crinone for a few cycles already. It does cause cramping. So it's normal!

Thank you Mrs. Chan, do you know where I can find brazil nuts? Tried looking at regular NTUC but couldn't find any. Are you currently in your 2ww too?
Hi there... I am not in my 2ww yet. Planning to do my FET only in May.. For brazil nuts, i am not too sure where to get but I saw it at the market place at raffles city just last week. They have an section for wellness... I am looking for it myself too so that know where to get it when the time comes...

I can imagine your heart must have dropped.. So now you would need to bed rest? Need to go review blood test again? When you seeing gynae?

Ya... The nurse made my heart stopped for a while. I will bed rest and will have to repeat bloods on Saturday. Sighs[/QUOTE]
Hi Muff... take good care! All the best for BT on Sat! :)

Hi there... I am not in my 2ww yet. Planning to do my FET only in May.. For brazil nuts, i am not too sure where to get but I saw it at the market place at raffles city just last week. They have an section for wellness... I am looking for it myself too so that know where to get it when the time comes...
I actually didn't eat much Brazil nuts as nuts is not my favourite kind of food. Maybe just 2-3x throughout the 2ww

I'm 9dp5dt today... So tempted to test on hpt since I still have a few in the drawer. The evil boxes waving at you whenever you open the drawer.....

For the last few months my AF been irregular. So I really can't tell if the on and off cramps I get since Wednesday could be due to AF coming...

Previously all my late AF are just due to stress while ttc-ing. Once I tested negative, the body will wake up and AF arrives the next day. So I kinda fear testing as well. Anyway hubby ask me not to test. Just wait for BT. :(

Hi @hope4miracle, I was with KK under Dr Tan as private patient...KKIVF centre called me yesterday and said they will arrange the blood tests for me and my hb and I ask on the counselling session fee, they said is $400 and blood tests is $240

I did ask Dr Tan why KK charge on counselling session and SGH and NTU don't? He said have to see overall IVF costs and is cheaper than SGH and NUH

Hi, wow so thats the cost for 1st appoitment? I am still considering whether to go as subsidy then upgrade to private or just go as private directly. Ytd I called up KKH and NUH, to find out about the consultation fee. KKH hotline always very busy one

Any cramps? I also feel bloated at times, cannot eat much at one go, can only eat bit by bit so get hungry very fast.
I don't have cramp or pain, so i thought that everything is ok. but last night i had fresh blood and blood clot coming out and when to kkh. doc did a scan and said that baby is not in good position... too low in the womb, so it might be on the way out, ie possibility the beginning of miscarriage. he gave me progesterone jab and i went home to sleep. the bleeding has stopped for now... can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Yeap I was with her & I'm known to her as the kiasu patient with extremely high beta. U can ask her & she would probably remember me. Haha... Coz I really drink & ate a lot of stuffs before, during & after 2ww. Am currently at 26 weeks with twins. So don't give up ok! Rest well & drink home brewed chicken essence. Good luck & bbs dust to u!
Hi milogal88,

May I ask what did you specially ate during the 2ww?

Tks babe! But still v worried & paranoid at times la esp the babies don't come easy. Actually I wasn't with Dr zhao for v long. Maybe a couple of months? I was with another tcm previously but she don't do post ET accupuncture. So I went to Dr zou at amk but I didn't like it there and that's when I switched to Dr zhao. Maybe it's just fate with the tcm. I'm w kkh under Dr tan hh. I'm 34. Actually my cycle buddy from 1st fresh & my personal fren (both are above 35 btw) bfp on grade 3. Now both are healthy handsome 1yo+ boys.

Wat jabs were u on? I think my case pergoveris yield better quality eggs for me. And I have pcos so I can only take low dosage to prevent ohss. My 2nd fresh retrieved 17 & I think 8 or 9 fertilised?..Can't remember already Haha...but the fresh ET I also send for blast which gotten me a CP. So medicated FET I also send for blast. It's a risk but I find that at least it sieves out the best & don't have to go thru so much emotional struggles if bfn. But that's just my opinion la
May I ask the meaning to send for cytoblast? Are there risk or additional cost involved to send the embryo for cytoblast?
Thanks !

I had some back pain and cramps days after ET up till around 8-9 days after ET.. So not sure if it's due to crinone.. But didn't too much about it then.

I'm 9dp5dt today... So tempted to test on hpt since I still have a few in the drawer. The evil boxes waving at you whenever you open the drawer.....

For the last few months my AF been irregular. So I really can't tell if the on and off cramps I get since Wednesday could be due to AF coming...

Previously all my late AF are just due to stress while ttc-ing. Once I tested negative, the body will wake up and AF arrives the next day. So I kinda fear testing as well. Anyway hubby ask me not to test. Just wait for BT. :(
I didn't want to test initially too. But still tested at 9dp5dt then cos had very bad bloating due to mild OHSS.. I would not have tested if not for that I guess. Hope you can resist the temptation!

May I ask the meaning to send for cytoblast? Are there risk or additional cost involved to send the embryo for cytoblast?
Thanks !
I think you meant blastocyst? It's 5 day embryo, usually embryo are transferred at day 3, however, sometimes the gynae may advise to culture the embryo for another 2 days to a blast. Supposedly blastocyst has a better chance of implantation although I think in the end it's up to the individual to decide since in the end there is still many who has succeeded with a day 2 or 3 embryo. There is a risk with culturing for another 2 days, not all the embryos can survive that long. I don't think there is additional cost.

After bfp are always the stressful moments my spotting also kind of stopped after the progesterone shot yesterday. I can only hope my hcg goes up tomorrow ... But I still see some dried blood from the clumps of my crinone (sorry tmi) still quite worried what's gonna happened.

Hi, wow so thats the cost for 1st appoitment? I am still considering whether to go as subsidy then upgrade to private or just go as private directly. Ytd I called up KKH and NUH, to find out about the consultation fee. KKH hotline always very busy one
I think kkh costs is still quite reasonable. I haven't gotten my final bill but they send me some charges along the way. It seems quite ok, I'm a private patient and only using subsidy as I've exhausted my medisave in private hospitals the last 3 rounds. Except the horrendous wait at kkh, I think the treatment is quite good.

I don't have cramp or pain, so i thought that everything is ok. but last night i had fresh blood and blood clot coming out and when to kkh. doc did a scan and said that baby is not in good position... too low in the womb, so it might be on the way out, ie possibility the beginning of miscarriage. he gave me progesterone jab and i went home to sleep. the bleeding has stopped for now... can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Chasing rainbow, I wish you good luck. I'm no better, keeps thinking if menses is going to break through anytime. Also had a shot yesterday. Sighs.

I had some back pain and cramps days after ET up till around 8-9 days after ET.. So not sure if it's due to crinone.. But didn't too much about it then.

I didn't want to test initially too. But still tested at 9dp5dt then cos had very bad bloating due to mild OHSS.. I would not have tested if not for that I guess. Hope you can resist the temptation!

I think you meant blastocyst? It's 5 day embryo, usually embryo are transferred at day 3, however, sometimes the gynae may advise to culture the embryo for another 2 days to a blast. Supposedly blastocyst has a better chance of implantation although I think in the end it's up to the individual to decide since in the end there is still many who has succeeded with a day 2 or 3 embryo. There is a risk with culturing for another 2 days, not all the embryos can survive that long. I don't think there is additional cost.
Thank you hope2016. Now I got a better understanding. So it's totally up to the gynae to make the decision then.

Hi ChasingRainbow... please bed rest! All the best to you.

Dear ChasingRainbow,

Do rest well in bed since it's the long weekend. Will be praying for the best for you. Stay positive!

I see..... I'm fat to begin with so can't really tell if I'm bloating or just putting on weight from not moving much during the last 1.5weeks.
The only time I felt mild OHSS was when I had this chest tightness around 2dp5dt. Constipating badly as well. But I read somewhere in a forum to see this constipation positively as a sign that I'm absorbing the progesterone well. Am still resisting the temptation to test~~~

Praying for the best for you. Meantime minimize activity and get as much rest as you can.

I see..... I'm fat to begin with so can't really tell if I'm bloating or just putting on weight from not moving much during the last 1.5weeks.
The only time I felt mild OHSS was when I had this chest tightness around 2dp5dt. Constipating badly as well. But I read somewhere in a forum to see this constipation positively as a sign that I'm absorbing the progesterone well. Am still resisting the temptation to test~~~

For me, I tested partly 'cos of the tummy distension I had, and partly to mentally prepare myself for the eventual blood test. Blood test is the most accurate always as it directly measures the level of pregnancy hormones, so if you can wait for it. But it's okay if you give in and do the urine test earlier.

After bfp are always the stressful moments my spotting also kind of stopped after the progesterone shot yesterday. I can only hope my hcg goes up tomorrow ... But I still see some dried blood from the clumps of my crinone (sorry tmi) still quite worried what's gonna happened.

Hoping your readings go up tomorrow and the bleeding is just one-off. All the best!

Bed rest from now on! Do u need more regular progesterone jab now?

I've too many cheap strips at home so I can never resist myself.. All the best!

I'm spotting again... It looks so bleak at this moment. It's so hard to be positive. I just wish if it's too weak to sustain, it will be over and done with. This is just pure misery

Bed rest from now on! Do u need more regular progesterone jab now?
the doc on duty at the o&g 24 hours didn't prescribe more jabs. i'm hoping to get an appt tml with my doc, don't know if kkh with entertain me or not. if not, i will try to see my gynae at Gleneagles.

hope everyone have a good smooth pregnancy! have plenty of rest and don't be like me.

the doc on duty at the o&g 24 hours didn't prescribe more jabs. i'm hoping to get an appt tml with my doc, don't know if kkh with entertain me or not. if not, i will try to see my gynae at Gleneagles.

hope everyone have a good smooth pregnancy! have plenty of rest and don't be like me.
Were you doing a lot of stuff? I think it will be good to go pte if kkh doesn't entertain. At least exhaust all your means to save it

Hi all, I just went to collect my blood test yesterday. Super sad coz the test showed that I have Low ovarian reserves (amh 4.31) which means that I have to start on short protocol instead of Long protocol. Will be starting my jab on day 2 which is probably next wed or Thursday instead of yesterday
Is yr FSH normal? I'm am also low Amh and starting Ivf next week...

Last edited:
Hi All, can do a quick check of those whom positive in ivf, if they have any symptom prior to BT; like on tender breast, tingling nipple or cramps? I have no such feeling since day 1 till 14. Anyone like me and has a positive still? Getting worried.

Hi All, can do a quick check of those whom positive in ivf, if they have any symptom prior to BT; like on tender breast, tingling nipple or cramps? I have no such feeling since day 1 till 14. Anyone like me and has a positive still? Getting worried.

I didn't experience any symptom, save for the bloatedness that started about 3 days before BT due to the number of eggs retrieved at ER and the ovaries were swollen in response from the pregnancy hormones. There are a lot of ladies who BFP without experiencing anything, so not to worry if you feel alright.

I had no signs as well, except for bloating (due to mild OHSS) which I had at 6-7dp5dt..

My fsh is 8. Gynae said is average. have you started your stimm jabs? I am starting next week on my day 2. Let's Jia you together!!!
There is a what apps group for sisters cycling March n April. Do join us if u do not mind, u can pm me yr number

Has anyone who used crinone gel has some reaction towards it? Been using it for a few days. Is it possible to have reaction only after a few days later? Has anyone had bad reaction such as very slight bleeding etc due to irritation? Many thanks !

I used crinoline gel in my first few cycles
, itch after few days use until got greenish discharge. My dr switch me to insert utro instead of cringing since I m allergy to it

Hi everyone, I'm new to this page.. am moving on to my third IVF (just started on Gynera last week). (My second try was in July last year). Glad to be here and hope to share support with all fellow ladies going through this tough journey...

Hi you can get brazilian nuts from the hawker centre behind Bugis village. At 2nd level where they sell a lot of dried foods. You can buy a lot there and at a cheaper price than usual supermarkets coz this place is wholesale.. hope that helps!

Anybody tried endometrial scratch 3 months later after an earlier scratch and got bfp?

Is there any rest period before next scratch? Any doctor advise on this?i forgot to ask my doctor..

No la. I am just thinking if failed after scratch,try again if need to scratch,still can ma. Becos i understand 1 scratch can only last 3 months

Or we need to be prudent to scratch so as not to hurt e lining. So i wondering is there a interval from one scratch to another scratch..

Last edited:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this page.. am moving on to my third IVF (just started on Gynera last week). (My second try was in July last year). Glad to be here and hope to share support with all fellow ladies going through this tough journey...
Hi finesse, which clinic are you with?

Back