IVF/ICSI Support Group

Before my IVF journey, i was doing my normal gynae check ups at kkh.. The waiting time just to see a doc can kill u. Like 2 hrs?! So far when I see prof at Nuh during my IVF journey, I'll always be very kiasu to try to be the first few patient in am as I still need to go back to work. Usually within 1 hr I can finish seeing him and blood test
I never wait this long for normal gynae visits at KKH private suite unless dr delivering.. But at clinic D, seeing Dr SF Loh previously and Dr HH Tan, the wait is really very long. I find morning appt faster. My consultation next week is in the afternoon, hope won't have to wait that long.. I'll probably change to my previous gynae if everything goes well next week.

I never wait this long for normal gynae visits at KKH private suite unless dr delivering.. But at clinic D, seeing Dr SF Loh previously and Dr HH Tan, the wait is really very long. I find morning appt faster. My consultation next week is in the afternoon, hope won't have to wait that long.. I'll probably change to my previous gynae if everything goes well next week.
Don't know lei.. All along I'm pte patient, still need to wait very long.. And my appt usually afternoon. Maybe afternoon is worse.
Today did u see doc? Need to repeat BT?

Don't know lei.. All along I'm pte patient, still need to wait very long.. And my appt usually afternoon. Maybe afternoon is worse.
Today did u see doc? Need to repeat BT?
Maybe you can try private suite, it's faster from my experience. But for IVF, only clinic D so have to wait..

No need to see doctor today, just collect progesterone and folic acid, no need repeat BT also.. Appt next week for ultrasound and see Dr Tan

Maybe you can try private suite, it's faster from my experience. But for IVF, only clinic D so have to wait..

No need to see doctor today, just collect progesterone and folic acid, no need repeat BT also.. Appt next week for ultrasound and see Dr Tan
I didn't know what was the difference of pte suite until one day they told me the doc will be seeing me there.. Price similar as when I was at clinic D .. So felt abit cheated when all along I see him at clinic D. Anyway now won't go kk so it doesn't matter.
What support meds are u on now?

Done my blood test this morning.. It's positive.. Have 5 frozen blastocyst..

Babydust to all!!

Congrats! Good number of snow babies as well. :) How's the bloating?

As for the bHCG level, it's actually indicated in the ultrasound scan form (the one for the AMC scan before seeing dr). They may attach the laboratory result at the back of the form as well.

I didn't know what was the difference of pte suite until one day they told me the doc will be seeing me there.. Price similar as when I was at clinic D .. So felt abit cheated when all along I see him at clinic D. Anyway now won't go kk so it doesn't matter.
What support meds are u on now?
Only dydrogesterone and folic acid. I think IVF mostly see the dr in clinic D..

Congrats! Good number of snow babies as well. :) How's the bloating?

As for the bHCG level, it's actually indicated in the ultrasound scan form (the one for the AMC scan before seeing dr). They may attach the laboratory result at the back of the form as well.
Ya.. Might try for another one next time, haven't decide. My bloating still the same but think I kind of got used to it.. It does hinder my movement though like I can't bend forward, move very slowly.. How is yours?

I saw the beta only this afternoon when I got the form.. But guess the number is not so important now, more importantly is the ultrasound next week.

Only dydrogesterone and folic acid. I think IVF mostly see the dr in clinic D..

Ya.. Might try for another one next time, haven't decide. My bloating still the same but think I kind of got used to it.. It does hinder my movement though like I can't bend forward, move very slowly.. How is yours?

I saw the beta only this afternoon when I got the form.. But guess the number is not so important now, more importantly is the ultrasound next week.
Oh.. Your support not a lot.. I'm given a concort of meds. What's ur hcg? Yes I agree the next scan and heart beat scan is more impt

Oh.. Your support not a lot.. I'm given a concort of meds. What's ur hcg? Yes I agree the next scan and heart beat scan is more impt
It's 600+.. Not sure what's the norm for support meds.. My previous pregnancies I didn't take them though. And the weird thing is the pharmacist seems abit concerned when I said I have never taken dydrogesterone before.. I'm looking forward to the scan next week..

Last edited:

Mine's kinda subsided, the tummy doesn't feel tight anymore and I'm breathing fine. Seems like it peaked and then went off. Do keep up with the fluids and protein, it helps in not making the symptoms worsen.

Only thing is now I'm starting to have signs of morning sickness - the nausea and wanting to puke feeling. Not the most comfortable, but probably it's a way of telling me the pregnancy's okay.

Yes I agree the ultrasound scan is more important. Finally get to actually "see" the result.

It's 600+.. Not sure what's the norm for support meds.. My previous pregnancies I didn't take them though. And the weird thing is the pharmacist seems abit concerned when I said I have never taken dydrogesterone before.. I'm looking forward to the scan next week..
For normal pregnancies there's no need for support meds

Mine's kinda subsided, the tummy doesn't feel tight anymore and I'm breathing fine. Seems like it peaked and then went off. Do keep up with the fluids and protein, it helps in not making the symptoms worsen.

Only thing is now I'm starting to have signs of morning sickness - the nausea and wanting to puke feeling. Not the most comfortable, but probably it's a way of telling me the pregnancy's okay.

Yes I agree the ultrasound scan is more important. Finally get to actually "see" the result.
Finally I'm going back to office.. I wonder what ppl will think of my bloated tummy. Anyway, good to know that yours has gone away, how many weeks? I hope mine will go away soon. Honestly, I rather get the morning sickness than this bloating. Haha.. And yes, the morning sickness means you are ok.

Finally I'm going back to office.. I wonder what ppl will think of my bloated tummy. Anyway, good to know that yours has gone away, how many weeks? I hope mine will go away soon. Honestly, I rather get the morning sickness than this bloating. Haha.. And yes, the morning sickness means you are ok.

Currently 7 weeks as of today. Went for the first scan last week but was too early, can only see the yolk sac, no fetal pole. Next scan in another 2 weeks' time.

Your HL is ending? I'm still on HL.. Thinking of extending abit more. Your work is office nature?

Currently 7 weeks as of today. Went for the first scan last week but was too early, can only see the yolk sac, no fetal pole. Next scan in another 2 weeks' time.
Probably still early, I remember usually 7 weeks scan can definitely see heartbeat. So your EDD is also in Nov?

Your HL is ending? I'm still on HL.. Thinking of extending abit more. Your work is office nature?
HL ended after blood test, my work is desk bound... I have quite a lot of stuff to do recently so thgt I'll return and see how it goes. I can only walk slowly cos of the bloated tummy..

It's positive :), KK called me back after 2 hours.

Gg back later at 2pm to collect support meds

Got 5 frozen blastocyst (1 good, rest average).
Congrats, the nurse was telling me recently a lot of good news.. Are you see Dr Tan HH?

Oh they told you the grading? Whether the blast is good or not? They only told me 3 fully expanded (like the one I transferred), 1 partial and the last one is one stage earlier?

Probably still early, I remember usually 7 weeks scan can definitely see heartbeat. So your EDD is also in Nov?

HL ended after blood test, my work is desk bound... I have quite a lot of stuff to do recently so thgt I'll return and see how it goes. I can only walk slowly cos of the bloated tummy..

Congrats, the nurse was telling me recently a lot of good news.. Are you see Dr Tan HH?

Oh they told you the grading? Whether the blast is good or not? They only told me 3 fully expanded (like the one I transferred), 1 partial and the last one is one stage earlier?

Mine is Dr Tan Tse Yuen

It's I ask them about the grading, they told they don't have number grading, either good/average.

My work is quite physical taxing.. Hubby hinted that I should take npl till after first tri... In dilemma now

Yeah first one. BT over.. Waiting for the first scan next week. Already asked to extend HL for 1 more week. Our Edd will likely be very closed if everything goes smoothly! Let's pray for each other :)
For first kid, would naturally be even more worried so that's why your hubby's concern. You should definitely take leave if you can. :)

Congrats to you too! Take care and let's hope all our ultrasound next week would be good news..

For first kid, would naturally be even more worried so that's why your hubby's concern. You should definitely take leave if you can. :)

Congrats to you too! Take care and let's hope all our ultrasound next week would be good news..
Thanks but don't congrats first.. Still long way to go ;)

Anyway, I've 2 boxes of male tonic pills to give away. It was from sf loh clinic when I was under him. It is a food supplement, hence no need doc prescription

Contains: tribulus terrestris, ginseng, maca, vitamins c and e

Expire in Apr 2016. Each box is 2 weeks course.

Pm me if you want it. First come first serve :)

Hi Ladies, anyone doing IVF in gov hospital as subsidy patient. Understand that if were to consult as subsidy patient, the doc wont be fixed on every visit.
I don't mind going in as a private patient though if it's better to have a fixed doc to follow up with.

Will be going polyclinic this Sat to get a referral letter but still considering whether to do my next IVF in SGH or KKH.

Really appreciate if I can received some tip from here on doing IVF in SGH and KKH, also recommended Doc

Anyway, I've 2 boxes of male tonic pills to give away. It was from sf loh clinic when I was under him. It is a food supplement, hence no need doc prescription

Contains: tribulus terrestris, ginseng, maca, vitamins c and e

Expire in Apr 2016. Each box is 2 weeks course.

Pm me if you want it. First come first serve :)
Taken

Hi Ladies, anyone doing IVF in gov hospital as subsidy patient. Understand that if were to consult as subsidy patient, the doc wont be fixed on every visit.
I don't mind going in as a private patient though if it's better to have a fixed doc to follow up with.

Will be going polyclinic this Sat to get a referral letter but still considering whether to do my next IVF in SGH or KKH.

Really appreciate if I can received some tip from here on doing IVF in SGH and KKH, also recommended Doc
U did before at other hospital?

Waiting to collect my support meds.

Hcg reading is 2810.4

Ultrasound (to rule out ectopic pregnancy) & doc appt: 31st Mar (next Thurs)
Why did they say ectopic pregnancy? Is it cos you had blood test later? All the best.

congrats! my hcg reading almost close to yours. your appt is 1 day before mine! i really cannot wait for the scan! :p
I know how you feel but it will be very fast.. :)

Wow so many good news going on! Congrats ladies! Really lifted up the hopes when I'm scrolling dwn reading through the comments.
I will be starting mine in June most probably will drag to July as my menses will be somewhere in late June. Hope to dap on some baby dust from you girls!

Why did they say ectopic pregnancy? Is it cos you had blood test later? All the best.

I know how you feel but it will be very fast.. :)

It's stated on the ultrasound form, a guide
ImageUploadedByForum1458721705.307717.jpg

Congrats to the mummies-to-be. Grabbing loads of your babydusts.

I am doing fresh cycle this time round. Am on letrozole for now. Anyone had been on letrozole? And we need to bd daily for 5 days?

U did before at other hospital?

Hi Dreamscometrue, I done 1 fresh and 3 FET in overseas but all BFN. So now I want to try my next IVF in Singapore instead.

1st cycle retrieve 5 but only 3 embryo frozen, fresh cycle cancelled due to raised serum progesterone. BFN
2nd cycle retrieve 42, ET 3 grade 1 cell 8 embryos BFN, 1st FET 3 grade 2 cell 6 & 8 Chemical Pregnancy, 2nd FET also BFN, 3rd FET cancelled due to bad response of my embryo.

We have been trying IVF since 2013 and tried various method possible. But somehow those embryos just doesn't stick.

Hi Dreamscometrue, I done 1 fresh and 3 FET in overseas but all BFN. So now I want to try my next IVF in Singapore instead.

1st cycle retrieve 5 but only 3 embryo frozen, fresh cycle cancelled due to raised serum progesterone. BFN
2nd cycle retrieve 42, ET 3 grade 1 cell 8 embryos BFN, 1st FET 3 grade 2 cell 6 & 8 Chemical Pregnancy, 2nd FET also BFN, 3rd FET cancelled due to bad response of my embryo.

We have been trying IVF since 2013 and tried various method possible. But somehow those embryos just doesn't stick.
I also had 2 failed fresh cycles. What I did differently for this FET was I did endo scratch.. my doc say there's not much evidence in endo scratch, I went ahead and asked him to do anyway. I also started accupunture 2-3 mths before FET, 2x a week. Some said some people fare better for FET, maybe I'm one of those.
For my first fresh, I had diarrhea and fever after ET, 2nd cycle was coughing very badly. This FET I was quite well.

I also had 2 failed fresh cycles. What I did differently for this FET was I did endo scratch.. my doc say there's not much evidence in endo scratch, I went ahead and asked him to do anyway. I also started accupunture 2-3 mths before FET, 2x a week. Some said some people fare better for FET, maybe I'm one of those.
For my first fresh, I had diarrhea and fever after ET, 2nd cycle was coughing very badly. This FET I was quite well.

Where are you doing your FET? Cus this will be my first IVF in Singapore, I am cracking my mind of where to go and also to be a subsidy or private patient. I did all my previous IVF in private hospital overseas under the same doc. So wondering what is it like to be a subsidy patient and if it will affect the result being consult by different doc in every visit.

I really hope to start my next cycle on April or May. But seems like the gov hospital for IVF require a long waiting time to set appointment

I started my acupuncture with TCM in parkway one month ago.

Ok. I thgt they told you and that's weird! You see, I don't read those forms they give me, it's my hubby who does that. Haha..
If your first scan is in week 5, usually too early to detect heartbeat but definitely should see the yolk sac in the womb to confirm embryo implanted in the womb and not likely elsewhere thereby ruling out ectopic. This is a good approach rather than wait till bleeding or spotting occur as ectopic pregnancy can coz rupture esp if in Fallopian tube and severe haemorrhage can be dangerous. Not all Ivf clinics take such measure and usually first scan in 6 or 7 wk mainly to check heartbeat to confirm live pregnancy so you are in good hands. Congrats on bfp! Way to go. Jia you!

Where are you doing your FET? Cus this will be my first IVF in Singapore, I am cracking my mind of where to go and also to be a subsidy or private patient. I did all my previous IVF in private hospital overseas under the same doc. So wondering what is it like to be a subsidy patient and if it will affect the result being consult by different doc in every visit.

I really hope to start my next cycle on April or May. But seems like the gov hospital for IVF require a long waiting time to set appointment

I started my acupuncture with TCM in parkway one month ago.
I'm with Nuh under prof pc Wong. I'm a Pte patient. All scans are done by himself unless he's on leave. I heard kkh pte patients scans are by sonographers, But kkh also has a very high success rate. Not sure abt SGH. If your financial situation allows, I believe being under 1 doctor will be better.
Actually after you're in IVF program, all the charges will be the same for pte or subsidised patients.. The use of Govt grant and Medisave also same. You only get subsidies for the blood test before the start of IVF program

Congrats to the mummies-to-be. Grabbing loads of your babydusts.

I am doing fresh cycle this time round. Am on letrozole for now. Anyone had been on letrozole? And we need to bd daily for 5 days?
Hi, I am also cycling soon. Will also be on letrozole. May I know yr protocol??

Back