Maid salary?

Hi mummies, care to share how much you paying your maid and how long she has worked for you? Just want to see how much the maids getting now.

Thanks...

Mine $520 with no day off. Pinoy single-mom. Been with me for 15month.
She took care of 3 kids for the previous employer, and had one herself.

Last edited:
mine is arnd $600.. as and when she want to take off day can inform us.. but normally she only take 1 day off per month..
work for the family more than 20yrs..

not sure about the starting pay coz is so many many many yrs ago...and my parent is the one paying...
i guess arnd $200 plus ba... since 20over years ago, the starting pay isnt much
they gt give bonus, but i nv ask how much..
CNY i will give her $50.

Can i check when u employ a maid, besides the salary, what else do u pay? If i intend to get the cheapest maid and everything cheap.. how much do i need to first fork out and is there a minimum months to fulfill to let her stay? And if dont want her, must pay her air plane fare back?

Hi mummies.

Talking about bonus, do u give and when? End of two yr contract or on yearly basis?

Thanks!

i think no obligation to pay... but if you let your maid know there is bonus end of the year if she works hard, i think she will work hard for it...
is more towards how you motivate your maid...
if she gives you shit job, i see no point giving her bonus...

For me, we are supp to pay her air ticket if she wish to go home end of 2 year contract. But if she choose not to go home, I will give her one month salary extra. You only need to pay for her airfare every 2years.

For me, we are supp to pay her air ticket if she wish to go home end of 2 year contract. But if she choose not to go home, I will give her one month salary extra. You only need to pay for her airfare every 2years.
If i intend to only have a maid for 4-5months (confinement lady money saved to get a maid instead)

Do i still need to pay air ticket?

My maid was wif me since June'14 to Oct'14...n she requested to go hm coz miss family...n we r told by the maid agency that we hv to pay for her airtix even though she was the one who requested to go back...n i browse thru MOM webby that owner has to bear for her tpt fm s'pore to her origin...

@meowycute: well if you hire a CL for 4 months will cost you abt $8k+. Maid you gotta pay agent fees + insurance upfront maybe $2k+ and plus her 4 months pay $2200. Maybe you still save.....but think CL is a better bet will take care baby better....maid is depends on luck one.

My maid was wif me since June'14 to Oct'14...n she requested to go hm coz miss family...n we r told by the maid agency that we hv to pay for her airtix even though she was the one who requested to go back...n i browse thru MOM webby that owner has to bear for her tpt fm s'pore to her origin...
If you can just return her to the agent and said you want to change for another maid. The agent will take care of everything. Normally the transfer fee is zero for the first year.

@sunny_side_up I dont need help with baby.. Just help with housework and meals.. I intend CL for 1mth so if i take the 2k, i could get a maid for lik 3-4months? As i can solo take care of baby CL or maid, i tink i prefer maid haha.. CL also depend on luck..

Wa quite high also :(... I remember got people do paper work on their own to save..a ny idea how much if i do paperwork on my own? And is insurance compulsory?

@firstda Any idea if i can just return to agent wo any extra fees if dont exchange?

You need to pay lodge and food for the maid until the agent find a new employer for the maid uptill 21 days. My agency charges $12 X 21days. Different agencies got different pricing. Please check with them before signing the contract.

Alternatively, you can find new employer to transfer the maid yourself. There were some posts in this forum that required urgent transfer maid. Then your fees will be minimum.

@firstda for that 21 days she find new employer can i use her for that 21 days?
Thanks, but usually its hard to find right if i intend to transfer my maid. And if i take transferred maid usually most of the time have issues one right..? Any idea if i take transfer maid whats the paperwork fees like?

If you can just return her to the agent and said you want to change for another maid. The agent will take care of everything. Normally the transfer fee is zero for the first year.
Ya...we got free trf for 1 year but the thing is my maid dun want to work in s'pore...she wanna go hm so we hv to pay for her tpt back since we r her last employer b4 she goes back...unless if she still want to work in s'pore then we dun need to pay for her airtix...

@firstda for that 21 days she find new employer can i use her for that 21 days?
Thanks, but usually its hard to find right if i intend to transfer my maid. And if i take transferred maid usually most of the time have issues one right..? Any idea if i take transfer maid whats the paperwork fees like?
From my understand, the for the 21 days the maid will start with the agency. You might want to check with the agency. Personally, I think it is really luck in hiring maid, some new hires also got problem. The paperwork fees depends on the agency. I haven take in transfer maid yet

Ya...we got free trf for 1 year but the thing is my maid dun want to work in s'pore...she wanna go hm so we hv to pay for her tpt back since we r her last employer b4 she goes back...unless if she still want to work in s'pore then we dun need to pay for her airtix...
I see .She just worked in Singapore for 3months only? Who will be paying the remaining debt she owe to the agent?

I see .She just worked in Singapore for 3months only? Who will be paying the remaining debt she owe to the agent?
She has fully paid off her debt when she was wif us for the 2nd mth coz we r her 2nd employer n she worked for us for 5 mths...

She has fully paid off her debt when she was wif us for the 2nd mth coz we r her 2nd employer n she worked for us for 5 mths...
Ok I see. Then no choice you have to pay for the air ticket. You can either buy the air ticket yourself or the agency buy. If you buy yourself, you can source for the promotional ticket. Not sure agency will help u or not.

Ok I see. Then no choice you have to pay for the air ticket. You can either buy the air ticket yourself or the agency buy. If you buy yourself, you can source for the promotional ticket. Not sure agency will help u or not.
Hee!!! We buy ourselves coz much cheaper...

Sorry to tap here for my qn.

I am the 3rd employer for my maid in SG. She worked 3 months at first household, 1 week at second house and worked for me almost 4 months. Yesterday she did something seriously wrong again and got scolded. Then She told me she will work till April 2015 when loan is cleared then go back Indo.

Every time she is returned to agent for transfer, her salary will be forfeited by agent. So she worked for no pay for first 3.5 months in SG. Now think smarter, wanted to clear loan at my house then leave. (easy job at my home plus no one at home during daytime). If I keep her till feb/march, how will the loan work? Dun think it's a problem to find an employer settle for 1-2 months for balance loan. Works that way? Or the months she is with me, agent will forfeit the salary again.? Loan reset and she works for no salary for 8 months? Reli angry with her, trying to threaten me in her way..

Thanks

Sorry to tap here for my qn.

I am the 3rd employer for my maid in SG. She worked 3 months at first household, 1 week at second house and worked for me almost 4 months. Yesterday she did something seriously wrong again and got scolded. Then She told me she will work till April 2015 when loan is cleared then go back Indo.

Every time she is returned to agent for transfer, her salary will be forfeited by agent. So she worked for no pay for first 3.5 months in SG. Now think smarter, wanted to clear loan at my house then leave. (easy job at my home plus no one at home during daytime). If I keep her till feb/march, how will the loan work? Dun think it's a problem to find an employer settle for 1-2 months for balance loan. Works that way? Or the months she is with me, agent will forfeit the salary again.? Loan reset and she works for no salary for 8 months? Reli angry with her, trying to threaten me in her way..

Thanks

Loan or no loan, the MOM law requires Employers to pay for repatriation for the maids. You should check your contract with the agency. Most agency states that you should return the maid to them (especially those with outstanding loan)... else, it is not about forfeiting HER salary. It is about you not being able to off-set the remaining of her loan that YOU PAID UP FOR against your next maid. You should decide - sometimes, mistakes are lessons learnt. Would she do the same mistake again? Maybe not. Would the next maid do the same mistake? Maybe YES. Nothing is perfect... so only you can decide based on what you know.

I am paying my maid $620. Working with me for 3 years. For the first contract, she was paid $470 only. But no choice. She wants to go HK to work as her pay is higher. So we need to pay HK wages to keep her. Money is very important to her as she wants to put her son through international school.

She is a very streetwise maid. Recently, the school bus which usually ferries my boy to and fro school broke down. A new driver came. She refused to let my boy go up the bus till she called my mum for fear he will be kidnapped. She will also use her money to buy tidbits for my 2 sons. Since she is quite a trustworthy maid who takes care of my kids well (still she has her mood swings), we decided to increase her pay to $620.

Hi sunny_side_up,

She has 2 off days. $620 is inclusive of her off days. This was offered to her when she renewed her contract. But she told us that she will take only 1 day off for about half a year as she wanted to save money. We did not top up her pay as it was a hugh increment from $470 to $620 (I also paid for extra $200 for renewing the contract.) Now she goes out twice a month as she signed up for an fortnightly IT course. We paid for her upfront and we deducted $50 from her monthly pay every month. Dental and medical expenses are paid by us.

Hi everyone,

Does any one has a good maid agency to recommend? My experience with agencies are very bad, few years back.
Am starting to look for a maid now and wants to hear recommendations as well.
Are Indonesian maids still trending or?
Thanks!

me too, am looking for maid agency to get indo maid.
My previous agent said that it is mandatory to give them a day off weekly. So cant compensate with $$$.

But, i would prefer to get 1 without day off or at most a day monthly.

Thanks

me too, am looking for maid agency to get indo maid.
My previous agent said that it is mandatory to give them a day off weekly. So cant compensate with $$$.

But, i would prefer to get 1 without day off or at most a day monthly.

Thanks

It's up to the maid too. Some prefer earn more $ n don't want off day. I just got a new maid thru an agency recommended by a friend. Nv make any trip to the agency. They will come n do all the interviews n paperwork at ur hm. Very convenient. And they reli do a good matching to find a maid that suits ur needs. quality of maids are good. Unlike those agencies in shopping centers, just want make $. Anything not gd about the maid, they will hide n say gd.

However they prefer to get in indo maids only. Let me know if u want the contact.

I got my indo helper at comfort agency at jurong east... Look for Kim... She's gd... This is my 1st time getting a helper.. So I wasn't really sure wat kinda of helper I shld get.. And frm other ppl stories.. I was quite worried choosing a bad one..
She helped me to screen thru' first... Took out those who suits my criteria... Slowly explained each of them then asked me to choose.. So far my helper never give me problem.. Been wif us for 1+ mths...

It's up to the maid too. Some prefer earn more $ n don't want off day. I just got a new maid thru an agency recommended by a friend. Nv make any trip to the agency. They will come n do all the interviews n paperwork at ur hm. Very convenient. And they reli do a good matching to find a maid that suits ur needs. quality of maids are good. Unlike those agencies in shopping centers, just want make $. Anything not gd about the maid, they will hide n say gd.

However they prefer to get in indo maids only. Let me know if u want the contact.

Hi, can I have the contact for this agency? How much is e agent fee?

Hi all mummies,

I pregnant now 2nd baby and im a working mummy ... i still consider want to hire 1 maid or nt ( i v scare and worry) , my 1st child only 16mth now , I send to nanny house to take care him , 750 per month for day care only . I have planning let my son go childcare when he 18months, due to my 2nd bb give birth soon. I very headache now... if let my 2nd bb go to my nanny house , i wish she can help me take care overnight ( monday to thursday only , friday night i bring back) , but she charges me $ 1200.00 per month ....=( but if i hire a maid , i very scare the maid is good or not and gt experience or not....How can i do now?

Hi all

I heard from my friend that there are no more Indon maid with effect from 1 Mar 2015.
Anybody knows?

Thanks
Their govt want "face". So don't want send their women out work as maids. So call will train them to be proper domestic helpers. Definitely will have Indo maids continue coming. Cos one mth salary here equates ard 10 mths salary back hm. Costs will be passed to employers. And these maids are smart, know we can't do without them n play punk.

Hi all mummies,

I pregnant now 2nd baby and im a working mummy ... i still consider want to hire 1 maid or nt ( i v scare and worry) , my 1st child only 16mth now , I send to nanny house to take care him , 750 per month for day care only . I have planning let my son go childcare when he 18months, due to my 2nd bb give birth soon. I very headache now... if let my 2nd bb go to my nanny house , i wish she can help me take care overnight ( monday to thursday only , friday night i bring back) , but she charges me $ 1200.00 per month ....=( but if i hire a maid , i very scare the maid is good or not and gt experience or not....How can i do now?
Hi mummy i am mother of 3. At first when my 3rd baby born i thought my in law or my mother will be soft hearted to help. But they did not. I have to take care of my baby all by myself. My first 2 my mother helped me. So i am consider not experience with baby. I do my own confinement and take care 3. My girl i finally let her go childcare when she was 2 years plus. I finally go look for a helper though i had bad experience before. I thought of infant care but its till 7 and costly. And my baby sleep sarong and has his own sleeping pattern. And he might fall sick easily like my daughter. And i need to go work to have more income. I finally got a helper through this agency i search online. And she helped me a lot. I am more relaxed and not so tired. So u can consider helper too.

Back