(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I got an invite for the facebook mummy group. But when i click on the join group, there is a message saying that the page is unavailable or link is broken.

I invited you in! But i think need to wait for admin to approve then u can start seeing the posts

@mishtiew You are right.... Full bladder will give effective scanning. if urgent to go toilet, just endure. i drank alot of water before seeing my gynae

I've already invited you guys in the FB group. Would have to wait for the admin to approve okie!

When i did my scan, the nurse requested me to empty my bladder. Which is a good thing.
Because it's always so cold in the room. Lol

Hi lovexuan,

Thanks for sharing. Maybe you can try grinding pills into powder or if it in capsules, open up and take the powder. Chk w yr gynae if this will affect the absorption by yr body though.

Is frisimum and anmum very sweet? All vanilla taste? I dun really take sweet milk. So now trying to get samples to try before buying.

You're welcome. :)

My gynae told me to take the maternal milk powder instead, which I did for my previous pregnancies after my morning sickness was gone. And also take more nutritious food.

Honestly speaking most of these formula milk powder are very sweet! But I think nowadays they have come up with sugar free range for some brands. I haven't check them out. Not sure if they taste better. But I am ok with sweet stuff. I usually take frisomum(vanilla) or anmum(chocolate). :)

Morning mrs wackymama ! This thurs is your 8th week too? Yay ! Our little beanie is growing ! Time flies ! Which gynae are you seeing?

Yeah, can't wait to past the 'unstable' 1st trimester. Hubby and I are anxiously counting down to Thurs when we get the chance to see our little one again. I'm seeing Dr. Wong Heng Fok from Thomas Women's at Tampines. How about you? Are you coping well with your preggy symptoms so far? Actually, I don't have any adverse symptoms which kinda got me worried at times cos I don't feel pregnant.

Yeah, can't wait to past the 'unstable' 1st trimester. Hubby and I are anxiously counting down to Thurs when we get the chance to see our little one again. I'm seeing Dr. Wong Heng Fok from Thomas Women's at Tampines. How about you? Are you coping well with your preggy symptoms so far? Actually, I don't have any adverse symptoms which kinda got me worried at times cos I don't feel pregnant.

Dont worry thursday will come soon. Your beanie will be seeing daddy and mommy soon :) im seeing dr henry cheng at bishan cos its nearer to my place :) so far im coping okay. Worst stage was during 6th week. Im reaching 8th week this thursday but im feeling very very tired everyday. No strength and energy for anything. And im constantly hungry, every hour.. My baby has a big appetite ! Lol. Other than these the rest is alright. Dont worry so much okay? As long as we stay happy and positive, our baby will be healthy too :):)

Dont worry thursday will come soon. Your beanie will be seeing daddy and mommy soon :) im seeing dr henry cheng at bishan cos its nearer to my place :) so far im coping okay. Worst stage was during 6th week. Im reaching 8th week this thursday but im feeling very very tired everyday. No strength and energy for anything. And im constantly hungry, every hour.. My baby has a big appetite ! Lol. Other than these the rest is alright. Dont worry so much okay? As long as we stay happy and positive, our baby will be healthy too :):)

Thanks for your encouraging words! Since I got my BFP on Mother's Day, I've been feeling happy and blessed everyday despite getting worried why I'm not having MS like the rest. Well, I guess I'm one of the luckier ones so shouldn't complain Can't wait for tomorrow to come! Keep your spirits up too and enjoy the journey (and eating)

how are you girls dealing with fatigue, i am so tired at work and can't seem to focus.. think my productivity went down really alot these days...

I also got no pregnancy symptoms except for just fatigue. Me too also get worried sometimes. But I guess it's a good thing to not have any ms too :)
So exciting it's 8th week for you alr! End of 2nd mth yay!

I only gag a few times not really ms. Fatigue is the one that is more obvious. Can we drink chicken essence. Anyone knows?

Same here. I am only at my 6 weeks today and still has not seen my bb with heartbeat yet. Can't wait to see it and move quickly to the end of the first trimester!!!

I only have sore boobs and feel bloated at times. No MS (yet). I still feel surreal about this pregnancy and sometimes, i even poas to remind/ confirm that i am really pregnant! Lol.

I only gag a few times not really ms. Fatigue is the one that is more obvious. Can we drink chicken essence. Anyone knows?
I know some sisters do take chx essence. I am on chinese herbs prescribed by tcm sinseh and so will not be drinking.

Any1 experience the following....
By date I shld b ard 6 weeks n went gynae for a check after I tested positive twice n tested positive once by a GP. The gynae did an ultrasound scan n say can't see anything at all. He said tt it might b less than 6 weeks abt 4 weeks only thus can see nothing or mayb a miscarriage or etopic pregnancy. He said etopic preganncy is unlikely as my 1st 2 preganncy is normal n miscarriage unlikely as i do nt have any spotting til nw. He asked me go bk 2 weeks later. Frm wat I ask frm GP n another gynae's nurse n googled, by the 4th week shld at least see a sac.
Hi Fishy23.

I had gone for my scan, at 6 weeks and gynae was not able to see any heartbeat.
she told me too, that it might be ectopic, since she wasnt able to see baby.
so she suggested another scan, with more sensitive machines, which i think satisfied her.
but she's asked me to visit again after 2 weeks, so that the sac and the baby are clearly visible.

Any1 experience the following....
By date I shld b ard 6 weeks n went gynae for a check after I tested positive twice n tested positive once by a GP. The gynae did an ultrasound scan n say can't see anything at all. He said tt it might b less than 6 weeks abt 4 weeks only thus can see nothing or mayb a miscarriage or etopic pregnancy. He said etopic preganncy is unlikely as my 1st 2 preganncy is normal n miscarriage unlikely as i do nt have any spotting til nw. He asked me go bk 2 weeks later. Frm wat I ask frm GP n another gynae's nurse n googled, by the 4th week shld at least see a sac.
Fishy23, try not to worry too much. Your OB is right, because our ovulation may not be at exactly the 14th day of the cycle, which is the assumption when we calculate how many weeks pregnant based on last menstrual period. ie when we say 6 weeks pregnant its actually 4 weeks from ovulation (which roughly will also be conception date). If you ovulated late, say only after 3 weeks after the LMP, then your embryo will only be 3 weeks from conception ie considered "5 weeks from LMP" adjusted for ovulation date, which is too small to see even with a transvaginal scan. If you tested positive 3x, chances of a false positive is very low and more likely its late ovulation and therefore still too small to be seen. Congrats!

how are you girls dealing with fatigue, i am so tired at work and can't seem to focus.. think my productivity went down really alot these days...
I've been trying to catch cat naps during lunch and I sleep whenever I can. The fatigue is so bad I hit the sack whenever I reach home!

Portia3.. I'm jus walking normally leh
Not in a hurry n it is not crowded
Dunno why my shoes suddenly give way.. Scary
Time to change shoes
Usually I will walk really fast .. Time to slow down my pace agn too

Ok added everyone to the group. pending admin approval.

@acequenn - do be careful ok! The other day i accidentally ram past the LRT ticket barricade. Cos my ezlink is low in value and the barricade did not open.
I was so so scared the entire day! Luckily it was also the day of my U/S so when i saw the heartbeat, i was relieved.

Think sometimes we forget we're pregnant and have to really slow down our movements.

i'm also fatigue! And i work from home so its even worse cos i keep taking naps.
and my emails are unattended. It's really bad.

It's not really morning sickness cos i dont puke out anything although i gag when i brush my teeth.
But it is so so tiring!

Ya for my no1.. I tend to forget n alway walking fast
Really hv to slow dwn as I'm also consider very high risk mummy .. Lol
Tik might hv to stop my dance duty in church too le :(

Time to change shoes

yes! time to change to those non-slip ones!
I'm contemplating to get the Melissa Shoes. Cos it's jelly shoes and probably will not hurt so much when my feet starts to expand.

Not gonna spend a bomb on shoes cos friends warned me the feets are gonna swell and then u wont be fitting in most of your shoes soon. Lol

Deardyan... My feets nv expand or swell for my no1.. Hope it remain so for no2!!
Is Melissa shoes good? Nv try it b4
I'm alway wearing Ally shoes

Time to change shoes
Wah... better check yr shoes and perhaps, time to get some new ones! :D

I am thinking of getting some ballerina pumps or flat shoes soon!

Deardyan... My feets nv expand or swell for my no1.. Hope it remain so for no2!!
Is Melissa shoes good? Nv try it b4
I'm alway wearing Ally shoes

so lucky! I would most likely expand. Cos im bad with water retention!
Even during menses some of my covered shoes can't fit! lol

Melissa's are comfortable! Although a bit pricey, considering it's plastic shoes lol
I've never got blisters from Melissa's.

Portia3: sure, i hope i have a good experience when i see him:)

Regarding shoes i m currently using butterfly twist shoes, its soft ballet shoes that can fold in a bag. Very comfy. Mummies can check it out at the store M2 at ngee ann city if interested.

Wow, never heard of Melissa shoes. Are they really comfy? When I was last pregnant the trend was to wear fit flops.

Ok added everyone to the group. pending admin approval.

@acequenn - do be careful ok! The other day i accidentally ram past the LRT ticket barricade. Cos my ezlink is low in value and the barricade did not open.
I was so so scared the entire day! Luckily it was also the day of my U/S so when i saw the heartbeat, i was relieved.

Think sometimes we forget we're pregnant and have to really slow down our movements.
Hi can add me to the group.

[email protected]

my edd is 17th Jan 2015.

Just got back from dr loh's clinic at tmc o&g. He gave me another scan and showed me the faintest heartbeat/pulse on the screen. He puts me at 5 weeks 5 days based on what we saw instead of the 6 weeks which i believed i was at. It was amazing! I am still cautiously happy.

Now waiting for next week to come so that i can go back for further support jab and perhaps to see my beanie again!!!

Back