(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Hi Wendy,
Wow! 1st grandchild! Sure dote lah! But my hubby abit worried that next time BB will get spoilt with all the attention wor..

Hi doggiemummy,
Ya, think your gynae should take your weight everytime u visit. Then at least gynae knows whether your weight gain during pregnancy is ok. Agree with Wendy lor. U can keep track also.

Hi Wendy,
Hubby and I got married in end of Dec 04. But 3 months later, he went to China to work liao. So I've visited him 3 times after that. We only planned to have BB when he started work there lor. Everytime try to time my visit so that it'll be within my fertility period. But no success because my menses not regular one and the visits were too short. Luckily he came back for CNY this year and BINGO!

My ILs dun stay in Singapore. Mayb will bring BB to visit them when BB is few months old.

hi hi janice..
i dun think the baby will be spoilt lah..now FIL is trying to convince us to let MIL to take care of the baby aft my confinement + maternity leave..but i told hubby that i will only discuss abt this topic during my 3 mths maternity leave..3 mths to discuss, sure can plan out something lor..hee..hmm..ur in-laws dun stay here..icic..okok, i guess by the time u give birth, they will be out to visit u liao..heehee..surely they will be anxious also..

Hi Janice,
I am in week 11 i think... my last check up is when I am in 9th week. cannot see hands and legs yet. Only can briefly id the bb's head and the umbilical cord. But that time very contented liao... can see the heartbeat but cannot hear. So now looking forward to hear it... hee...

Hi MTBs, Too many posts. I can't catch up. Just an update. BB is growing fine from my last check-up, 2.5cm at 9wks, but because I clear my bladder before the scan, so can't see to clearly. I'm on one week hospitalisation leave this week as my MS was very bad and so I got very dehydrated. Luckily the med gynae gave me works, so now I'm eating better, if not they would put me on drip. I've regain the lost weight, now my weight is back to normal, but my tummy is growing bigger, don't know why leh.
Jenny, I'll be doing the extra scan and blood test, since it's not intrusive, so we decide to do it. Not sure what's the name, but it's also something new, not available last year.

Hi coral,
Long time no see... better take care of yourself.. good to know that you are feeling better after taking the meds... take care okie?
happy.gif

hi hi coral..
very nice to hear from u..very glad to hear that baby is growing fine..also happy that with the rest & medicine from ur gynae, u r eating well & gaining more weight..pls take extra care & do hope to hear from u again..cheers~

wtan, why ur edd change from 12th to 8th.why is it so?
I did not have a scan for 6 weeks already and will be going next wed, duno if my date will also start changing?

hi hi weikuan..
gynae say that usually EDD might change, cld be earlier at times, coz baby is growing..so sometimes may not be following our LMP date..but it's up to individual..not sure if everyone will have EDD change..(2nd time mtbs, pls correct me for the change in EDD) anyway, EDD is just a guideline also, coz sometimes baby can also want to come out to play earlier..heehee...i m happy as long as baby is growing well..in fact, i cant wait for baby to come out earlier on my 1st wedding annivesary on 2nd oct 2006..heehee..why u didnt arrange for a scan for more than 6 wks? for me, i m seeing my gynae abt 3 wks once..my next apt is 23/03..

it is fully booked, that's what happens in government hospital, if not for the civil servent benefits, i would defintely choose TMC.

hi hi weikuan..
oic..even thou u r a civil servant..u still need to wait soo long for an appt? hmm..is that the earliest appt? then can u start booking now for ur next appt or still have to wait till u go for ur current appt?

hi hi all mtbs...
any one have any idea when shall we start going for those anenatal classes? or usually will have to check with the hospital?

i heard can start lesson after 14 weeks liao.
the doctor is seeing me next wed, its seems like years like that even though its a few weeks, i think we are all very anxious to see baby

My gynae said it's common for BB to be born about 2 weeks before EDD.

Hi Wendy,
U r very lucky lor. At least your ILs volunteered to help u liao. So u dun have to look for a babysitter or a maid to look after BB. Somemore, BB is their own grandchild, sure take very good care one
happy.gif

According to the website below, it says :"You may find yourself with a stuffy nose. Nasal congestion and nose bleeds are fairly common during pregnancy. Try using a vaporizer or humidifier to help lessen the symptoms."
So it's normal lah!

Hi Carol,
U take good care of yourself, ya? Rest more.
R u taking the OSCAR test? I tot it's intrusive because it draws fluid from BB's neck, if i remember correctly..

Hi Vivian,
Here's how your BB looks like at Week 11!
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancycalendar/l/blweek11.htm

Hi all MTBs,
You can take a look at the various stages of BB's development here!
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/yourbaby/a/pregcalendar.htm

<font color="ff6000">hi mummies</font>
TGIF!! FINALLY!!!

<font color="ff6000">wendy</font>
why cannot eat too much chillie ah? I don't know leh.. maybe scared too heaty? really got no idea why.. maybe i've heard before, but I don't really remember.

<font color="0000ff">antenatal class</font>
last time when I was with TMC, think my class started ard when I was 20wks bah. Can call up the hospital and ask when can you start registering for the class.

<font color="0000ff">EDD chg</font>
It MAY still change even you are in your 6-7mths. For my preg #1, was chged from 2 Dec to 30 Nov in the early mths
Then when I thought I was gg to my 28wks, I'm oredi 30wks! Thus, EDD was brought forward by 10days to 20 Nov. Dr said its because baby matured faster or something like that, can't rem.
Was quite shocked with the news, nx chkup asked again to double cfm so that we can make changes to our leave plans.

Of course, not all mtbs have this case like mine.
So just let nature take its course

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

hi hi weikuan..
oh really? starting from 14th wk? hmm..interesting..do u knw if we shd check with the gynae or we jus register the class on our own? i understand the wait can be very anxious..i was at one stage quite worried also..while waiting to see baby..but felt real relieved when baby is growing..everytime i see baby, it's really diff, will have new feeling lor..heehee..so do u get to see a fix gynae since u r a civil servant?

hi hi doggiemummy..
oh, is it? hmm..that i m not sure leh..but i think it's still gd to take note of ur own weight as well..

hi hi janice..
oic..i guess i will monitor my situation for these few days..hopefully i get better also..kinda worried, scare wait affect the baby if i m really down with flu..as for the taking care of the baby, we will discuss that when the baby is born lor..hee..now also too early to tell..thks for sharing the link..cheers~

hi hi chihiro..
hmm..okok, i guess whatever we eat, moderate will do lah, dun overeat too much also good..heehee...oh, ur class with TMC starts in 20th wk onwards ahh..i guess i will check out with gynae during my next visit..heehee..thks for clarifying abt the changes in EDD..heehee..ur baby must be excited &amp; hope to come out to play earlier..heehee..i do agree to let nature take its course also..heehee..

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">wendy</font>
i can't really remember whether its 20wks.. better call and ask when can you start... ya..
wink.gif

hi hi chihiro..
okok, will go &amp; check with gynae on my next appt..heehee..thks!

hi hi doggiemummy..
i guess it's gd to make ur own record also..then can keep track..heehee..so when's ur next appt with Dr Fong?

Hi doggiemummy,
I do get backaches.. that day slept on the floor. Even worse..

My friend had epidural for her 1st childbirth. After that, she gets backaches very often. She said it's the side effect.

Hi doggiemummy and all MTBs,
found some info here:

Why Your Back Hurts

When you are pregnant your body produces a variety of hormones. One of these hormones is called Relaxin. Sounds like something really soothing and helpful, which it is, for birth. Relaxin causes the ligaments and the pelvis to soften to allow the baby out through the pelvis. This is also why pregnant women "waddle."

In addition the pelvis relaxing for the upcoming event of birth, your uterus is growing and this does two things:

Changes your center of gravity

Relaxing uterine ligaments cause additional strain to be placed on the spine and your surrounding muscles

Your overstretched abdominal muscles are also not equipped to handle the entire weight of the uterus so your spine and back muscles will bear this extra burden as well.

Prevention

Prevention is the best management for this discomfort. Preventative measures include:

Exercises (Particularly Pelvic Tilts)
Paying attention to your posture
Lifting and bending appropriately

janice / wendy,
Janice is right. During my week 12 checkup for #1, my gynae already predicted that he's a boy. By week 16, he confirmed the gender. I guess boys are easier to see.

Vivian,
Hmm me also an overweight mum. I more worried abt HBP cos I kena it when I was 9 mths preggie last year. Gynae checked many times and ended he decided to take blood test for lab test cos he was suspecting my HBP was caused by my very bad water retention. Who knows, I gave birth the very next day cos waterbag burst. HB laughed at me saying I wasted a tube of blood.

doggiemummy,
ya lor, how come you din take weight for every checkup? In that case, you need to monitor the weight yourself. I remember if you are taking up post natal massage, the massage lady will ask for your pre-pregnancy, 1st checkup and last checkup, after delivery weights.
I got backaches every day
sad.gif

Coral,
Poor you, take good care of yourself ok! I was thinking how come so long din see you around. Try to intake fluid... I was worried you kena dehydrated and yet you still kena... That test is called OSCAR NT Scan. Most likely I will be taking too cos HB told me he would like me to have it, but final decision still lies with me.

Wei Kuan,
EDD will keeps changing as it depends on BB growth mah. The more accurate EDD will be in 2nd/3rd trimester. But I think follow the LMP is more accurate.

Janice,
I heard from elders and those confinement ladies that usually 1st time mums will give birth on EDD date or slightly 1 to 2 weeks before. Me is 3 weeks before. For 2nd time mums, usually will carry till full term or 42 weeks.
OSCAR Test is a blood test, not taking bb fluid from neck. I forgot the name le. But is a dangerous test.

Wendy,
You can go for antental class from 5 mths onwards. My gynae recommends if want to go, go at 5 mths cos by then you can still remember what they teach. But he told me "waste of $" hahaha...

babygrace,
Joshua so co-operative to show the "stick" ah! Mine wasn't confirmed until 8 mths cos not co-operative.

jenny,
The post natal, you mean those malay lady type or those from the spa type

I took cakes from Pine garden during my wedding think they are good so most likely to take from them again

Hi everyone!

Hope im not too late to join this thread
happy.gif

My EDD 20 Oct '06, now about 9weeks pregnant. I just went for my 1st checkup this week in SGH.
Haha,I just gave birth on Oct '05, so may not be as excited as mummies here. But i still hope to know more mummies &amp; exchange info!

doggiemummy,
Malay lady type. Not sure with the spa type.

Hee I also got my gal's 1st year old cake from Pine Garden. I love their cake more than kuehs. But their full mth package is that cheap. I need at least 150 to 200 boxes cos my parents are from big families. That exclude my colleagues... I'm thinking of getting the cakes from Pine Garden for my colleagues this round.

ndra,
Welcome. Wow, you are so fast for No. 2. Your No.1 is about 5 mths?

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Hi hi doggiemummy..
Nice to hear that u r gg to visit baby on week 12.5..do keep us posted again on the growth of baby..heehee..its awaz nice to hear so much of the baby..once in a while, aft walking for too long, I will get backacheI guess its normal for us now..i also realized that if I sleep too long lying flat then will also get backache the next day when I wake up..maybe u can try putting a pillow or cushion behind ur back when u r seated down in the office?

Hi hi Janice..
Hows ur weekend? Is everything ok at the shifting? Hope u didnt overwork urself..thks for sharing with us abt the info on backache..cheers~

Hi hi babygrace..
Oic..i guess diet also plays a part..seems like if u crave more for hot chillie stuff, most likely is a boy, however if u crave more for sour stuff, then will be girl..heehee..u keep us posted again..cheers~

Hi hi Jenny..
Wow..thks for sharing with us abt the weight tracking records, I guess its always gd to be able to record down our weight regularly..hmm..maybe I will need to check with my gyane abt my weight for my previous visits..hmm..okok, I will take note of the antenatal classes aft the 5th mth..u r right, then can remember more..heehee..hmm..very very looking forward to attending the classes..haha..LOL..wow..nice to see those link on the full mth celebration..haha..hmm..maybe can also discuss with hubby soon..i was just thinking if I shd get McDonalds vouchers for babys full-month..me &amp; hubby met each other in McDonald while queueing up for Hello Kitty..then for our wedding PS, we went back to McDonalds..so i thot it's rather unique lor..heehee..

Hi hi ndras mum..
Welcome to the thread..wow..this is wonderful to be able to hear from one 2nd time mum..heehee..so nice to hear that u just gave birth in Oct 05..me jst got married then..so nice..heehee..

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

wendy,
lieing flat is no good for us from 2nd trimester onwards cos of the pressure from the baby, start practicing to lie on your left

hi hi doggiemummy..
ya, i think i read abt is somewhere..but was thinking is it starting from 2nd tri immediately or actually mid of 2nd tri? so a little confuse..was thinking of checking with gynae this 23/03 on the sleeping positions..heehee..

hi hi Jenny..
u mentioned EDD to follow LMP to be most accurate? but i guess shdnt be a great difference since my 1st EDD during my 6th wks is 12th &amp; my 10th wks is 8th..

hi hi doggiemummy..
ok, hmm..maybe i shd start making it as a habit ba..but only sleeping on the left? thruout the night? is right side ok as well?

Hi everyone,
Today I and my bb are officially 12 weeks. End of my first trimester
happy.gif
happy.gif

Me finally saw my bb last sat! with arms and legs... plus hands and fingers too... hee...
He is holding up his fist and showing me and my hb. I was still joking with my hb coz previously everytime my hb bully me, i always say, "I will tell my bb to 'box' you when he come out ah..." and when we scan him on sat, he was showing his fist to us... so we are totally amazed... now hb dun dare to bully me liao.. haha

BB is growing fine and now 5.5cm liao... so cute... he was asleep at first but after shaking him for a while, he woke up and start playing with his nose using his hand. Then he starts using his back to 'shift' his position down a bit and did some leg kicking... I was so happie till wanted to cry... and as usual, my hb stays emotionless... sigh...

So glad that everything is ok but only one thing coz gynae found protein in my urine so can be either infection or kidney losing protein... so will follow-up the check next visit which is 1 mth later... sigh... another long long long mth before seeing my bb...
sad.gif

note: 14th week is consider the start of second trimester.we still have to be careful during the 12th and 13th wk cos it is still the first trimester.that's what ny gynae told me

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

hi hi doggiemummy..
oic..thks for sharing on that..thks!

hi hi vivian..
very very nice to hear that from u..so sweet..heehee..i m sure it must be a very touching moment for u...wow..baby is really growing fast lor..so cute hor..baby holding the fist wanting to "box" ur hubby..haha..but it's really very nice to hear this from u...u must take gd care of urself...i cant wait to see my baby on 23/03..heehee..so excited..thks for sharing with us in such a detailed description on the bb's movement..really very cute lor..thks!

hi hi weikuan..
i thot 1st tri is till 12th wks? usually package starts from 12th wks, right? hmm..interesting to find out the 12-14th wks is still at the 1st tri..i didnt know abt it..

kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif
kao_confused2.gif

wtam,
yeah, i choose a fix doc recommend from friend. athough all the fees is covered by civil, i stiil have to pay the delivery fees by medisave, but the wards charges is free

wei kuan,

That's because we calculate the weeks based on the 1st day of last period, rite? that's why at week 14 then baby is offically week 12. Cos we O at week 2

My no. 1 is about 5+mths.. I got pregnant 2mths after giving birth..
1st pregnancy I've already spent alot. So im trying to 'save' abit for my current pregnancy. I opt for subsidised rates, the nurses just do the checkup for me. But i didnt get any info on bb's growth leh
sad.gif
So sad. I ask the nurse qns, she just reply that she's not the doctor, any qns, ask the doctor.

ndra's mun, u pregnant so fast again?
can u still breat feed when pregnant? that's so fast, but look on the bright side, that's is also good cos if u plan to have two, u already done what u have done.

Back