Premature babies support group

Irenelovej
Thanks! Do join us if u are available!
happy.gif

KKF
Hee... good to hear tat ur mum oso stay in Pasir ris. Do remember to join us!

Am going for a short trip to Vietnam in May.. Ho Chi Min.. anyone got good place to recommend where to go
happy.gif

Have email you mummylian, did you receive?

didi, I am not sure leh, but there are really a lot of parents bringing children there for tui na. I saw parents whose kids have problems also went there for tui na. I think it helps more or less. Dash went for tui na for 4 consecutive days liao...hope it helps.

I bought the colostrum, but not sure if useful leh...I asked the padetrician, she told me not proven to be useful, the only thing proven is vitamin C, so I changed the vitamin C syrup for dash to a more expensive one, haven't let him try yet. But will let him take vitamin C and colostrum everyday, hope that helps. Have decided to bring him for tui na twice a month (actually the chinese physician told us for bao jian, must bring every week, but really lazy, the queue is super long there).

fairylander, I rented from http://rent-a-toy.com/
quite ex, for the playhouse I rented, 2 weeks $45.

mummylian, nowadays all types of virus and germs around the world, like hong kong. I dunno, but think its best to leave your younger children like your newborn girl at home leh.

Have wanted to go hongkong in June, but then decided against it, maybe going cruise, safer.

Just my opinion...

mummylian,
wah, steady ah, can plan for short trip now during ur confinement. who'll take care ur kids when u go for trip?? or bring all 4 going together?

i'd like to go for a short trip too,bangkok good enuf... but no one take care of the kids, bring the elder one is not much prob but bring the younger baby is tough. so, still a dream for me to go trip. maybe when my girl turn 18 mths then will be easier to go.

ur gathering is on 5th Apr is it? em... i wish i could join. hav to check w my hubby first. i would like to meet w all the frends here as well , since we've been chatting to each other so long.

kkf,
i also think of going for cruise, but surely won't be so soon. any idea which cruise and where it heads to?

Hello, mummies. Monday blues, especially after a long long break. sooooooo sianz. Got to go school 830am for a course. First day already got to go so early.

Break is over yet I am still left with lots of things undone, die.

Irenelovej, not sure, haven't go book yet leh.

didi, yah lor, Yu Guo forever so jam with many people, and have to wait very long even weekdays.

Mummies
Hope ur little ones who are ill get well soon. take care

mummylian
wow Ezann started walking! and new babe.. fullterm at that! congrats Hope u have a speedy recovery and gd rest
happy.gif

hello all mummies

wow a bit lost among the threads :p.

mummylian,
siang is doing ok. just recover from croup (he hospitalised at KKH for 3 days last month). he is like only about to stand up by himself. but all in all, all is ok
happy.gif

re the gathering...hmmm... let me go check with my lao gong but i would love to go :p. its 1 pm in the afternoon? that would be about siang nap time but i guess i can let him sleep on the journey from jurong to pasir ris keke. i will confirm with you asap hehe

oh didi,

hope dylan recover liao. yesterday siang like a bit warm. i hope he is ok. the sun is like coming out...i hope all kids who is not well recover soon.

Jane,
Thanks, Dylan is better
happy.gif
hope the sun don't get 'chased' away, please stay, for once I appreciate sunny weather
happy.gif
siane siang warm, huh ? give him more intake of water ? how's your weekend ? me didn't bring the boys to anywhere, but went out 'pak-tor' with hb straight for 2 nites, 'pak-tor' means dining out only lah (actually recently me and hb has been going for supper once the boys sleep around 11pm, for sahm, it really mean something lor).... hey, you sure already pak-tor many times
happy.gif

mummylian,

thanks 4 the invitation. but hubby travelling then, & it may b difficult 4 me cos of the timing. ws now naps @2pm.. but if all mommies gg, tempting leh
happy.gif

btw, went Ho Chi Minh city last mar. not recommended to bring kids. cos the air is q bad. we got to wear sunglasses, not cos of the sun but more to protect our eyes frm the dust.

good 4 short & relax cos the stuff there q cheap & makan is good! later i ask hubby on the name of a nice restaurant there..must go try 4 authentic vietnamese food..yummy

oso, dun bother to change viet dong. bring US$. u gg F&E or on tour? if gg F&E, rem to book the taxi frm the counter INSIDE the airport (after u clear custom). think it's abt US$5 or US$6 to bring u to hotel in town. my colleague who missed the counter, went outside to look 4 cab & kenna 'chop' head!

hi didi
good good dylan is recovering. yeah hope the sun keep on shining. now a lot of kids down with fever (think virus all around haiz). actually me not been pak toring ler. only time me and my lao gong is when siang is asleep and two of us eat our late dinner :p.

disneymickey
hehe...hope to see ws ler. she so lovely. me planning on 'how' to go for our big gatherng :p. got to work something out keke.

hi fairylander
hope cathrina is ok...virus really all round. my colleague boy just recover from fever too.

Jane,
Actually I didn't really eat but take that as time to catch-up lor
happy.gif
he worried I 'kee-siao'
happy.gif
having dinner together is also a way of catching-up
happy.gif

didi
yeah for you...really hor u need a break. one i already kee-siao. i cannot imagine u have two ler. normally since its late dinner (now siang sleep at 10pm), things are fairly quiet so we talk about work, maid..all the serious things that need to work out and discussed. i wonder when i can be like kkf, mummylian, disneymickey, precious_one..go holidayszzzz... keke

OK OK i must plan for my long time plan of going to batam to visit my deceased fil relatives.

Jane,
ya lor, ytd hb was saying that when the boys are 3yo or so, we will have a self-drive holiday in Down Under
happy.gif
with my parents, sis .... looking forward to that ..... Go batam, good leh, can eat seafood and shop a bit too
happy.gif

jane,
me oso wondering if gg, how to make it there & back in time 4 ws' nap. gg airport the next day, to pick up hubby..full of programs
happy.gif

GO leh go leh, me will go.

Then we will have a gathering, yeah! if want to keep kids occupied, if mummylian is agreeable, I come out with something, haha!

So many children sick, hope all recover!

So sianzz...why the weather so bad nowadays making everybody not well.

hi didi
yeah! Sick Bug...leave us alone.

ah yeah, the batam thing..been talking since CNY :p then siang went down with running nose..then after that sick.. but then must really try to make the trip come true.

disneymickey
hmm... my 'plan' is to let my boy sleep on the journey to pasir ris, drive from jurong to pasir ris is about 30 mins?? haha but then..morning have OT at KKH so i also dunno how :p.

kkf
OH! are you starting a class at mummylian place? then i must really keng how to go ler. so excited now!

yeah...hope all the children recover fast fast.

kkf & jane,
me oso hope to bring ws to interact with all the kids. but no car leh, if take train to pasir ris frm cck, will take me at least 1 hr!!

disneymickey
hmmm.....go ler. me so excited. later must go and 'bo lor so' my lao gong keke. wow 1 hour journey is indeed quite far. but is ws ok to take train? is there direct bus from CCK to Pasir ris?

disneymickey

Take cab is it ok? or you ask ask precious one is she going? can lobang you? hee.hee.hee.

Jane, the cutting toy is here liao, shd be collecting from her today once she sms me her add.

Mummylian
I'm afraid I can't attend your youngest girl's baby shower on 5th Apr as I have a family gathering to celebrate my sis' twins birthday on that day too. My sis twins bd falls on the 6th Apr. I'm sure that day will be a joyful day for your family.
happy.gif

DM
I don't mind lobang you as what kkf said but I'm not heading that way on 5th Apr.
sad.gif

Jane
Bring your maid and mum along for holiday, then you can really relax and enjoy, otherwise, you will be busy over Siang.....equally tired. You can stay where Hope stayed previously ~~ Holiday Inn, Batam where you can book a 2 bed-room apartment. This hotel is good as most rooms (be it 1 or 2 bedroom) comes with a living hall. Lots of space for Siang to move around.
happy.gif
Ferry ride is about an hour only and the coach ride from the Waterfront port to Holiday Inn is less than 5 mins.....less travelling time is best for babies/kids.
happy.gif

hi precious_one

hmmm holiday Inn batam. sound so cool! no la. won't bring my mum because wait siang will just clinch onto her and end up... she busy and no rest keke.

i will bring my maid cos cannot leave her in singapore ler... i can imagine. end up go holiday but i still so busy with siang :p.

maybe...i should really plan for a short trip hor keke

jane, u can leave yr maid at the agent place for $10 per day if you go for holiday right..tis is the standard for many agencies .....

hi costa...leave her there?? erh.....keke better not (its not the $ issue haha)

my maid goes everywhere (wedding dinner etc) with us haha.

jane, leave the maid there is ok,one...its better than leaving her at home alone and then she gets into trouble.i wld do tt if i m gg overseas.....

smtms its gd to brg her to maid agency as she wld then realise tt other maids maybe even worse than them.....then they appreciate u but the opposite can happen if they meet maids wif better employers and they compare unfavourably..

i bring my maid everywhere in spore, but if go overseas i can manage i wun .....but for my elder boy, i did brg my maid overseas....to sarawak..

costa

you are right lor. if she see those not that fortunate ones. she will realised she is doing OK at my household..but if ... if she met those very very unique case..then??? hahahaha....

well. see how, 'if' i really plan for a trip will see the distance and such then calculate if its worth bringing her along. for sure, i can manage without her...but its more of like, should or should not bring her (cost factor etc keke)

wow your maid must have enjoyed herself for the trip to sarawak

that week when my family went east coast, my maid SO happy...:p

jane,
my ex maid ar...?she okay lah, nothg much in sarawak...but tis maid, i never brot her overseas....becuz i din go overseas wif the small one since he was born......

my neighbour had pblems wif her maid (tink it is her more than 10 maids within the last 8 yrs) and when she went overseas..she left the maid at the agency...

after the brief stay in the agents house, she realised tt sm maids were abused and indeed she is luckier than them although my neighbour vy ngeow one..)...so heng loh...

costa

oh...i thought is your current maid that went sarawak with you.

wow...then after that the maid go back must be feeling so much lucky

jane,
no lah, sarawak not so developed..tink pbly my maid thot tt she is oso wking and not enjoying..oso nothg much to enjoy over there.....

my colleagues brg their maids when they go for holiday..year end when got bull run still give bonus..wah lau, i said dun spoil mkt manz...

costa

wow...bonus?? gess yes yes, please tell them don't spoilt the market.

the only time i give red packet to my maid is CNY, Siang Birthday and of course my maid birthday :p

i think all in all, maids does enjoy going for sight seeing and such. like we also like to take a break once in a while

jane,

i din gv my maid angpow to my maid during my son birthday..lidat die lah, i got two sons then both birthdays must give ar hahaha....

my hb hmtown nothg to see one...dun say her, i also sian to go there...

costa

kekekeke...me only ONE kid hence ok la can 'afford' to give. i started to give him when siang hit 1 year old. she was pleasantly surprise when i ask siang to pass her the red packet. then she just say 'thank you baby'. then i help siang say 'thank you auntie'. like that lor.

i give not much la. a few dollars lor.

oh thats your hb hometown. but its a venue to head for if lets say you all want to go somewhere. i got one colleague her hometown is in penanag. she often bring her baby ger there when she wants to head home.. i thought that's pretty nice :p a place to go...
happy.gif

hi mummies,
cat stil down wif fever but not so high as last week.yesterday was really dramatic.brought her to see pd at tmc,did some blood test n urine test,urine is normal but blood test show tat she got infection,doc said probably is soar throat coz her throat is red.so we were heading home after tat.wen we almost reach home her finger start bleeding non stop i think b4 the nurse poke too deep wen she draw blood from her finger.then i quickly rush to nearby clinic to see doctor.while the doctor trying to put bandage on her finger she pass a lot motion and kena her pants really "want my life".

fairylander,
so drama ar...tink maybe just a case of infection....so poor thing....

u on facebook is it? i sent a mesasge to you to add me in..

hi fairylander,

yes.. the nurses tend to poke too deep. the last time bryan had a blood test done at his heels at KKH, he started bleeding profusely the moment i took off his plaster, which was like nearly 5 hours after the prick... i applied pressure immediately but the bleeding wouldnt stop. in the end, i had to use a waterproof plaster to plaster the prick area.. imagine the shock we all go through esp cos bryan has anemia of prematuriy.

anyway, fever is a terrible thing to go through.. prob lots of sleeplessness for mummy. take care fairylander.

Fairylander, wow you must have shock out of your life. Why the nurses like that?

Wow jane and costa are busy talking about maids yah? haha. Dun have one, so no comments, but really good to bring siang for a short trip.
happy.gif

Precious one you not going ah? then dash cannot meet his girlfriend liao...

Me having a sore throat back sigh...I really wonder what IS WRONG WITH MY THROAT!!!
I am coughing too. sigh...throat so itchy, made my head pain, and now its is just starting of the day! want my life.

Introducing a website with lots of books to you all. I bought a lot of books from there. You know they sell cheaper than the bulk purchase of eric carle books, barney books that is going on at motherhood bulk now!

www.wonderbox.com.sg

I went to kayton's mum website, interestly she read a book that introduces some books that are suitable for toddlers. I use it as a reference when choosing books, hee. (thanks KM if you happen to read this thread!)

Guess How Much I loved You, by Sam Mcbratney and Anita Jeram.
Spot The Dog, by Eric Hill.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle.
We're Going On A Bear Hunt, by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury.
Go Maisy, Go!, by Lucy Cousins.
Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown.
Five Little Monkeys, by Zita Newcome.
Farm Animals, by P.Dunn.
Touch and Feel Baby Animals, Published by Dorling Kindersley.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, by Bill Martin and Eric Carle.

I really bought plenty of books for dash, must stop must stop!

Dash really likes to read, at night or in the morning, he will ask "yao read books ma?" "yao!"

Mummies who have children of 2 years old, do your children have the tendency to ask and answer themselves? Dash has this strange habit of if he wants something he will ask "want to eat bread?" "want" instead of saying directly "i want to eat bread". Like if he sees a plaster on his leg, he will say "Who paste it for you?" "daddy right?" that kind instead of saying "daddy pasted the plaster for me!"

Not sure if it is normal???

hello kkf

i have a niece she is 3 years old now (used to be taken care by my mum but now she is in child care).

i remember when she was around 2 years old. when someone come back from outside, she will say "Wo hui lai ler" instead of "ni hui lai ler". and yes, she do the sort of ask and answer question too... sometime she will ask, "who eat that" "xx eat that papa or mama" ... self answer and question.

kkf,
hmm... you really bot a lot of books for Dash, think I must start to get some for D&D liao
happy.gif
is Eric Carle's books good ? do you know why ? where is a good place to get those mentioned books at a economical price ? (esp we need to get a lot) Thanks
happy.gif

Jane,
Ya, we mommies very sianz when our darlings fall sick
sad.gif
wondering how to prevent all these, that day I was just thinking what will happen when they start playgroup etc, when there is a higher tendency to catch virus and fall sick
sad.gif

Back