PCOS....

Hi all sufferers of PCOS,

Don't know why this wait at 2007.I have PCOS and have married for 6 years so wish to be friend with people who has PCOS or trying to conceive for few years.

never give up and be hopeful always.

Hope this forum on PCOS will be alive again.

Hi Hopeful,

I am one of the unfortunate POC sufferer too...Trying to conceive but failed after 4 rounds of clomid. This mth not ovulating again..feel lost and dun know what to do now except seek help from TCM

Hi Sim,

Now i also seeking help from TCM so hope for the best. i afraid to see the western doctors as they also ask u to scan, operation, IUI or even IVF for my case but where got the $$$ to do that.

Life is so unfair to us.

Anyway hope for the best and be hopeful always.

Cheers!!

Hey Gals

I'm also diagnosed with PCOS. I have read alot in the forums that people with PCOS got preggy so dont lose hope! Most impt is not to overstress yourself =)

I had a jab to induce ovulation before and did not conceive. But will try to BD more this time to increase chance ehehehe! So gals....DONT GIVE UP!! Let's support each other and JIA YOU!!!

Hi,

i tried 4 rounds w help too.. 2 rounds w clomid only.. the dosage was not enuff for ovulation.. hence increase dosage and had jab for another 2 rounds.. BD from the day gynae scan for the egg till the day menses come.. didnt help..

kind of give up ler..

Hi, I'm also a sufferer of PCOS. Been ttc for nearly a yr.. was so upset & been seeing gynae for clomid. 2 rounds but no ovulating detected. Now going for the 3rd round with increase dosage. Also seeing TCM. I guess when we are desperate, we go all out for a baby..

I hope all of us here will grad to Mummy soon!! Good luck!

hi, I'm new here.I just went for my gynea check on D9(Last week).. had pap smear n scan. he told me tat my ovaries are bigd but it is not releasing eggs on that day. Does not releasing eggs on D9 means i'm suffering from PCOS?

Stephanie: Think it will be advisable for you to check with your dr on your diagnosis. I was diagnosed with PCOs. But from what I know, polycystic ovaries syndrome, my dr explained that there are eggs but it's just that none grow big enough. To conceive, we need the eggs to be of a certain size. So, on scanning, all we can see is like a chain of little pearls.

PCOs will lead to irregular menses. I did a laproscopy 3 years ago and it kind of help in regulating the menses. Then, just last month, I had another procedure done 'cos I had fibroids and endometriosis. (yah.. I'm quite suay.) However, on review, dr advised that I am ovulating on my own. So, I hope this will mean that the PCOs is cured.

Hi,

I am diagnoised with PCOS via ultrasound. Have all the symptons, slightly overweight, irregular menses, hairy etc.

But i manage to conceive naturally during end of last year (when i am clearing my leave and not stress out). So to all the sufferer of PCOS, do not be despair. There is still hope out there and most importantly, do not stress urself.

Hi Yve,

Thanks for answering my doubts. I believe my dr is not doing a good job on explaination. i just call clinic and they told me my scan and pap smear test if ok.. is it still necessary for me to go for the blood test?

Stephanie: I'm not sure if blood test is neccessary. But being the good patient that I am, I did whatever the dr told me to do. Hubby says that dr should know better than us. (haha) Anyway, it took a while before the dr told me that I have PCOs. He actually saw me for a while before he diagnosed me with this.

BTW, the surprising thing is, I'm not overweight. Neither am I on the fat side, according to the dr. I'm 1.67m and 53kg. Used to be real skinny, at 47kg. So, PCOs doesn't really occur to gals on the heavier side.

Hi everyone, I went to Dr.Tan in Jurong East last month and she said I’ve got a bulky uterus, adenomyosis and PCOS. Having said that, she suggested for me to go to Dr. Christopher Chen from Gleneagles to get medical confirmation. Turn out that everything Dr. Tan prognosticated was true - the ultrasound shows that I have many eggs in my ovarian and a bulky uterus.

After that, I read a lot about PCOS. Women who’ve got PCOS are mostly overweight, has irregular menses, acne/oily skin, high cholesterol etc. I am 1.78m and just 60kg, has very regular 30 days menses, dry skin and normal cholesterol level. My only problem is that when I have menses, I have very little flow and it only lasted for 3 days and from 4th to 7th days are just brown spots.

She said that women who have PCOS have very little chance of getting pregnant. In my case, I don’t even know if it is really PCOS as my symptoms doesn’t really match with the PCOS symptoms I see online.

Anyone who’ve got PCOS but with opposite symptoms?

hi I have been diagnosed with pcos before I got married. I am not overweight nor hAiry .. My menses is regular except it's 39 days cycle . . Pcos is sort of due to inheritance due to a mix of ur parents genes so some skinny ppl get it too . Don worry I manage to conceive naturally .

hi ladies,

i am also a PCOS patient. my menses are irregular, can come twice a year only. I'm small size, slim, used to be underweight before marriage. N according to my gynae, my case is a really stubborn one. although menses may come, but the egg might not conceive. N getting pregnant is really difficult for me, but there's still some hope of conceiving. he also mentioned its incurable.

During TTC period, I had 6 cycles of clomid, none is successful. after this, as its not advisable to continue taking clomid after 6 cycles, i went for TCM. After abt less than a year of TCM w acupuncture, i went back to my gynae again for medicine to make my menses come, its then that i got pregnant naturally.

So for those PCOS sufferers out there, although chances of conceiving is slim, but there's still hope to be able to conceive, so don't give up on yourself. Good luck!

Hiya all,

I am new to singaporemotherhood!!!
My status is TTC & have been diagnosed with PCO by dr benjamin tham from KKH.....
he advised me to take clomid & metformin but i was sceptical coz in the long run clomid causes ovarian cancer.....n my grandma passed away from this dieseas....so am worried.....
what shld i do???? really hopign n praying to get preg soon!!!! now only on folic acid doses
sad.gif

would appreciate any kinda advise...seriously!!!
many thxx in advance!!!

Hi Shermine,

You are really lucky!!!! can get pregnant
happy.gif

Pls share with us how u managed to concieve naturally??? did you go thru any PCO treatment with your gynae??? any pills taken & how long you try before concieved???
I'm relly anxious to have a bb this year!!!
many thxx!!!

Hi gals, I am a PCOS too. I tried 4 cycles of clomid but fail all. This time, my gynae actually give me a diff medication call letrozole. & I ovulated after the first try!!! Thou I'm still wiating to see if I'm pregnant, but knowing i finally do ovulate is such a GOOD news! So maybe you gals can try asking your gynae if clomid don't work for you.

Good Luck!!

hi gals, i am a PCOS too... I have tried 3 cycles of clomid too but fail. The gynae actually ask me to do a blood test on the FSH... sad to hear that FSH is too high as a result, it is confirm that I am unable to concieved.. the gynae actually ask me to stop visit liao. Wonder if it is really no hope... Sad...

Hi,
I have visit 2 TCM before too... one of them is the famous jurong TCM, another one is the "Chen Mei Er" but I still can't have menses.

5 years ago, went to see a gynae before, she recommend me to take the 28 days medicine known as Climen without knowing that it is a "prevent pregnancy" medicine too... She claim that eating that will regulate menses but I thought eating "prevent pregancy" medicine too much will result in unable to get pregnant?

Early last year, I went to see the famous TCM @ Jurong and she recommend me to see Dr Fong @ Gleneagle and have a blood test, claim that I am Post-Menapose... high FSH and low estradiol (woman hormones < man hormones), i continue to take the TCM medicine but didn't see any improvement.

After that, I change to see the "chen mei er" TCM too. Taken her medicine also cannot see any improvement and she ask me to stop visiting her too.

Then now I am seeing this gynae from Thomson medical.. Taken Clomid still no effect. Only when I re-take the Climen then got menses... and taken blood test the 2nd time still high FSH &amp; low Estradiol... and doctor say it is hard for me to have baby... I am very sad....

I really hope there is miracle.... I wanna ask if anyone know if there is any way to get heal ...
kao_sad2.gif

Any good gynae or TCM to recommend??

hi,

i go for a check last week n doctor state that i have PCOS too however he did not give me any medication n ask me to reduce my weight n quit smoking. after reading the forum n online ...then i abit worry for myself...

my menses r regular however y am i have this problem too .... wondering will it be a problem for myself in future to conceive

Hi, does anyone had PCOS and undergo laproscopy and finds the pregnancy success increase? I am TTC for quite some time already and wanted to do laproscopy before proceeding to IUI or IVF.

Appreciate your advice please...

Hi all,

I also suffered from PCOS. My menses is really irregular and docs-western/TCM have told me that it may be harder for me to conceive. And I got to watch my diet as once I put on weight, its not easy to lose.

Dun give up hope and dun give yourselves too much stress ya. I hope this encourages u all. I have a girl of 14 mths and is now expecting No 2.
All the best to you all!

Ahxue, can I check with you if you had conceived naturally? I've been TTC for about a year, and I have PCOS... It was quite devastating when I first got diagnosed... the way my gynae put it "Sorry, it's incurable." wasn't exactly very consoling...

Can share any tips or good gynaes/TCM?

Virtualsweet,

go for second doctor and check .... maybe there is hope ....

do let us know whether vitamin B help anot ....wish you luck ....

i suspected i might have pcos too. But i had 3 miscarriages ...

so i am trying real hard.
what kind of medication is being prescirbed for this case?

Hi all,

I used to visit this chinese medicinal hall in jurong. She gave me herbs to regulate my menses and told me to get married soon. Said that my chances of conceiving will decrease as I aged. I saw her for about 3-4 mths.

But then I find it a toil to have to see her once every fortnight and to avoid the queue i had to go real early. So i decided not to see her anymore. I went to a gynae as recommended by her at Tiong Bahru who confirmed my condition of PCOS.

One yr later as I was planning to get married,I went to another physician at bukit batok. I told him of my worry of not being able to concieve. He then told me that it does not mean that one has regular menes = able to concieve.And then the usual thing: Avoid cold drinks, and avoid citrus food. That was the only 1 time I see him.

After that I give up. I told myself to leave it to fate. Cos one of my auntie who had irregular menses like me was confirmed by the doc that she was infertile. So I kinda of resigned myself to fate. Surprisingly I got pregnant. Everyone was very shocked esp close friends who knw abt my condition. I guess maybe w.o stress or pressure? I think even for pple with PCOS, they can get pregnant just that we are not able to do planning.

Hoping for miracle,

Dun give yourself too much stress ok?

Gillian,

PCOS doesnt seem to just go away i think. But it does not stop one from conceiving. It may sound very scary esp when you surf the net and read all about it. There was this time I got so depressed after reading the articles on net &amp; library. But dun give up also. My friend was diagnosed with endo but seeing the fact that i could give birth gave her hope. I believe you can too. Maybe u can try TCM. It seems to work better.

Hi AhXue,

Thank you very much for the encouragement...

Hoping for miracle.. to happen... now...

Do you restrict yourself from drinking cold water?

Hi all

Not sure if this thread is still active however like to share my experience of having PCOS. Having suffered PCOS for years and subsequently doing two IVFs and still fail. I am on my way to give a try at IVF again.

I'm here to share this news with ppl with PCOS and weight problem. There are some ppl with PCOS that are overweight and normally will have irregular menses (like me). This make conceiving difficult and also difficult to lose weight.

I like to share that recently after doing a special diet programme - no hunger involved. I finally managed to lose weight (5kg in about 2-3 weeks) however thats not whats amazing. What amazing is that after 1 week of starting this diet my menses came (My menses was very irregular - twice a year)

Hence i like to share that for ppl with above symptons like me...losing weight the proper way is essential and can increase our chances on conceiving

Good luck.

Hi Gillian,
So how was your visit EYS @ Paragon?

I have a frd who has a luteal phase defect who went to see Dr Zhong. She's now well and waiting for delivery.

I'm thinking of trying too, as i am diagnose with PCOS.

I did go for a TCM at Thomson....

hi AhXue...

Lately just try the Eu Ren Sheng Apple Vinegar... surprisely... I start to have menstruation...without the need to take medicine...

Hi all,

I am 27 years old (160cm / 80kg)
before PCOS 45kg... :p

I went to the TCM in Jurong she said I have PCOS and ask me to go to Gleneagles (Dr Christorpher Chen) I was like one time of X-ray test was $200.00++... My frd went to this TCM also and was also disgnose the same and she went to Gleneagles but I went KKH all did less then SGD$200.00.

I give up on this TCM in Jurong long ago as I found that her medicine is useless to me for the two years no result feeling that she just propular by name only. Therefore went to Thong Chai Medical for TCM treatment and my menses came after the second visit...

Now I fequently visit KKH and Thong Chai Medical...

Dear All
Well after reading all the posts in here about PCOS i am glad to know that i am not alone. I was diagnosed with PCOS this Jan when i visited the doctors in NUH. I have irregular menses from the start and am overweight since teenage years. I am married for the past 11 months and TTC for a baby soon as i am in my early 30s.

I have been on one cycle of clomid (50mg) but was unsuccessful. I also taking metformin(500mg) three times a day. I am given the 2nd dosage of clomid (100mg) to be taken this month. Well i am keeping my fingers crossed but at the time i am also worried. Many ppl have started asking whether i am preggie, and each time i feel hurt when i have to tell them no.

I really wish that soon the good news would be coming wish me luck ladies.

Currently i am also trying my best to lose weight, thus if there are any ways that have worked for you please let me know.

Can i know also know wat is the doctor's name from TCM Jurog East?

Dear Sue,

i had the same problem as u.. since teen, overweight, irregular menses..

i tried for 9months but only 6cycles and it was with medical help for the 6cycles..

by the 6th cycle i was quite upset, so didnt take any metformin.. instead i was tracking my ovulation w the strips.. i went back to the gynae on D19 n the scan was not encouraging.. eggs look small n not anytime ripe soon.. but i continue w my strips..

surprisingly i detected ovulation on D27.. we done the deed there n then.. 14days later, ta..nah~~

i m preggy!!

i have given birth to a baby boy 9mths ago..

so dun giv up.. n dont just take the pills.. do some tracking, it is useful..

check out the bulk purchase threads, i rmb seeing some ppl doing spree on it..

Wow thank you for the advise would start taking the reading from now on and update you soon with any good news
happy.gif

Hey thank you, you know of any other places where i can purchase the Ovulation strip at discounted price? any trusted online sites?

Hi all,

Im New here and would like to share my PCOS story, im 164cm, 55kg.i had been taking birth control pills Diane 35 for 8 yrs after 1yr of marriage we decided to have a baby. Stopped BCP in Sept 09, we TTC all for 2mths then menses stopped i knew something was not right with me, firstly im not pregnant, secondly im not having my menses. We decided to see a gynae, she did the scan and i was told i had PCOs, i wasn't convinced took blood test and results confirmed. My gynae put me on clomid and BCP for 3 months each time clomid increases max 3pills per day, they will not prescribe more then 3 as it might hurt ur ovaries, On the 4 month my PCO burst sharp pain and there was crevice mucus during my menses. On the 4,5 and 6 month added medi metformin and diy Bai fen wan and multi vitamins( Omega,folic acid,vit E, Vit C and calcium). I recorded all our intercourse dates on an iphone application for female i tot it will not be able to calculate my ovulation date as mine menese is still unstable,to my surprise on the day of ovulation i had crevice mucus,and i prayed to the lord for miracle and lord answered my prayers i just found out today im 4weeks preggie!!!!! Im still not overjoyed as PCO ppl tendency of Miscarriages is higher have to take metformin... So to all you wanna Conceive don't give up hope have faith call god for help they will listen to u.. It may not be now but someday it will be... Hope this helps
happy.gif
)

Hi, i just did my first ivf cycle and it failed as mygynae said my egg quality is not good and myhusband sperm not good. but my menses have been regular so im very confused now. dont know what can help me.

hi all, i'm new here. i suffer from PCOS. I put on about 30kg in 3 yrs time. my menses was very irregular which i thought was due to stress. I was also TTC for abt 2-3 yrs. No news till then, we decided to go for a check. I was diagnosed with PCOS and through blood test, detected high insulin. matches some symptoms. gynae suggested that i seek pre-diabetic treatment and try to lose weight. seeking advise from gp, i'm currently on metformin 250mg x 2 times a day for first week. then move on to 500mg x 2 times a day for second and third week. But the side effect from metformin was hard on me. hence dr suggested that i go back to 250mg x 2 times a day. i have started controlling my diet, (low carbs, low sugar intake) and join a fitness club visiting 3 times a week. i started to lose weight. it's a very tough stage, so many times wanting to give up. but after reading through so many successful case, i hope that soon it will be my turn...

good luck to all and thanks to all who share their story that motivates me to carry on....

Back