IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Maykel,
ya, they trying to cut costs now, hope dun nid to cut pay & cut ppl. can only pray.
if hv to find new job, hv to target near home or do freelance/part-time, may also take the chance to work from home & take care of bb myself liao.
for u, think not worth it la. if ur mum or mil can help jaga maid wif babies then good lor. else like my fren bring in maid very early on & start training her. need to put a lot of trust in the maid lor.

bliss - ok will try to put more pillows. already use 1. will try a thicker one. havent experienced any cramps on thighs though.

juju- i'm also thinking whether want to continue working after babies arrive. i think try to hang in there as long as you can. technically they cant fire you when you're preggie, so dont think too much

Hi juju,
hiaz....guess wat? My new maid passed all the tests except for medical, she's pregnant! OMG, wat luck....now gotta choose again. I'm so fed up, choose and re-choose until i tired liao leh. I may gave up and just put babies in infantcare....

Hi Bliss
I did my ivf at Gleneagles. All along been inserting crinone only, did not have any pregnyl jabs prior to my HCG test. After i took HCG test 10days past transfer, and confirmed pregnant, gynae then gave me pregynyl and proluton jabs, progynova and duphaston pills to stablise the preg. I will only see him after i finish my jabs as he wants to stabilise the pregnancy first. Also, so early, nothing to see....I think so lah.

Maykel,
wah, luckily discover the maid is pregnant before she starts working in your house. Or else, you will even be more sian having to send her back after teaching her all the housework at home.
My 2nd sis's 2nd maid was actually a single mother with a daughter in Philipines. But she lied to the agency and she was introduced as single to be a maid in Singapore. Somemore, she used to work as a singer and bargirl in nightclub in Philipines. She actually told my sis before she left. Anyway, lucky for my sis that she had been a good maid taking care of my sis's gal that time.

juju,
understood how you feel towards hiring a maid. I am also very scared of getting maid after hearing too many horror true stories around. My friend who lives same block as me has maid around since having her daughter. Altogether she changed for more than 5 times within 2 years. She is tired of it and finally live without a maid since last dec. She took childcare leave and take care of her daughter and does all the housework now. She said she is really not used without a maid after 2 years no need to do housework at all. So quite tough and tiring now, luckily her daughter is 2 years old plus now, easier to take care.
My this friend's 2nd maid was quite horrifying. She actually secretly admired my friend's husband, and stole their photos before she left Singapore. She also cut out the pic of my friend's hubby in the family photo, and even intentionally wore spaggetti straps top when my friend's husband had to bring her to the agency to do some admin stuff or clinic to do checkup. My friend was angry and made her change to proper clothes and sent her off soon after that. Scary....
Sorry Maykel, not to scare you with all these. There are good maids around still. Just need to have good luck sometimes.

Hi 76,
oic, sorry for misunderstanding all along. So you are already confirmed pregnant, congrats!
happy.gif

Do not worry too much. Believe that your embies are doing fine inside, as long as there is no pain, no bleeding.
You will get to see the sacs when you go for the first scan soon. Stay hopeful and positive.
happy.gif
Jia you!

Hi Maykel
It's so stressful to choose and have a maid...For the past 4 mths, I already had 2 maids and now I have to choose another 1. The 1st one was ok but she just worked and worked but don't really know what we were talking about. I should say it's communication broke down.
The 2nd maid lagi super. After 1st day of hse keeping, she suggested to me that I should engage 2 maids (1 to look after bbs and the other to do hsekeeping). The next day, she wore mini skirt and started to do hsework, I told her to change. When I passed by her room, I saw a pc a paper with list of guy's names (she's married with kids)and what she did with them,their 'lengths',dates,who they are etc...She even had few affairs while she's still married (according to the dates she wrote)Felt so disgusted that the next day, I sent her back to agency. Couldn't find a suitable one so far,hopefully the agent will get back to me by tmrw with new data...sigh...
Now panic dunno like wat as giving birth in less than a mth's time...heachache...Like what Bliss mentioned, we just need some luck lor.

Emma,
it is indeed stressful to have maid. My mother has been so stressed ever since my eldest sis(she and her whole family stay with my parents)had maids(kept changing)for more than 5 years. My sis and bro in law work whole day long and just leave the maid at home with my mum. My mum does not speak english and only learnt simple phrases and words. Everytime, my sis is unhappy with the maid and wanted to change a new one, my mum is also very stressed as she has to train the new maid all over again... very tiring.

My two sisters have so many different maids over these years, all have different problems, very stubborn and defiant one(use my mum's toothbrush to brush the toilet when she was not happy with her, my sis was extremely angry and sent her straight to airport and sent off on the same day), very lazy and always sleepy one, having body odour one, having hair lice('gu tu') one, etc.... can faint right? I am having phobia even when i have no experience of having maid at all, coz always hear stories and complaints from my mum...
sad.gif

Juju,
Take a step at a time. Don't worry too much about work for now. Think your company wouldn't be so heartless to retrench you at this point of time as they still need to pay for the maternity benefits on tops of retrenchment benefit.
If you really tired at work, may be you ask doctor Loh if can give you 1 week hospitalisation leave to rest at home? So far, I find him quite generous in giving hospitalisation leave le.

Babymaking,
Yes, coz my placenta is lying low, was given hospitalisation leave and resting at home now.Are you working?

Bliss,
There are 2 types of milk powder for mum. One is only for pregnant women only like Annum. The other type is for both pregnant/breastfeeding mum. I realised most milk powder brand belonging to the 2nd type. Meaning you can drink it now and even during breastfeeding.
Like what Maykel said, we got a few samples from the KKH booth like frisomum and meadjohnson. Since you did not register for the antenatal class, may be you can call up to request for sample to try
happy.gif

Maykel,
Hee, not a lot of lobang la. Coz quite free at home, read up a lot in the internet here and there and got the info
happy.gif
. I think may be you can try out the lactating one. If you buy a new tin of annum, afraid wasted as it did not stated suitable for breastfeeding le. Since those samples that we get is for both pregnant and breastfeeding, think should be all right to try the sample like the frisomum (400g). Just nice, don't have to spend to buy another tin.
Sorry to hear about the maid. I think it's quite rare to discover this before she start working, but it's really lucky for you to know this earlier. If you discover only later, lagi headache. Is she stated as single in her data? How long would it take for the new maid to come if you go choose again? For this incident, the agent will bear the full cost of transferring the maid back home right? Don't be dishearten, they are always some good maids around. Hopefully, next time you got better luck and can get a better one.

Ponytail & Cale,
i dun mind they retrench me, but only AFTER my ML.
they wun fire me la. it's jus me worrying abt company financial status cos i kena retrenched before. company never did so badly in the last 40+ years lor. even SARS, we were still so busy. now is quiet until can zzzzzzzzz...

Maykel,
aiyoh. she married? just choose again lor, hope got better luck. infant care for twins too ex leh. else u try to find bb-sitter, think still cheaper than infant care.
we got singletons so can still afford to think of infant care. if i had twins, i can only think of maid or bb-sitter liao, no 3rd choice loh.

Bliss,
yes, maids can be scary. hubby's bro's maid also like my BIL. and EVERYONE noes, incl the maids at the playground lor! all will stop & stare at BIL when he appears near playground. piangz!

Emma,
"pat pat" we need luck when it comes to maids. paper credentials are jus not good enuff.

Cale,
ya hor... din think to ask Dr Loh for dat. maybe next appt la... when in 7th mth, think i will need more rest bah.

hi ponytail,
cramps are normal. i think its not about what you eat. just that your blood vessels are working extra hard transporting all the blood flow all over your body and usually areas away from the heart tend to cramp up easily. i got it too especially now during 3rd tri. have jolted out of bed couple of times (forgot i'm pregnant) coz the pain was immediate. hehe.. so i just press the ball of my foot onto the floor until the whole sole finally can rest flat. then my cramp will go away..

but i can't do much if its my butt cramp. haha.. yah the cramp goes up to the butt. and when it happens, i tend to limp and had to hold on to something coz it kinda makes it hard to walk. but after my pre-natal massage the other day, so far no more butt cramps. i think asking ur hubby to massage or getting a pre-natal massage might help..

Bliss
Thanks for the encouragement.. Cant help worrying lor coz been taking jabs but dunno what is happening inside.. Been looking out for pregnancy symptoms which my fren said its crazy....

Hi 76,

Take it easy and remain postive. Some of us dun really have much symptoms (even with multiples) so it is really depending on individual. Therefore, no need to worry on that. It is good news not to have symptoms in fact so that u can enjoy the pregnancy journey. My reading on 17dpt is 1886. Jia you
happy.gif

Ponytail, try to drink black bean soup or red bean soup (those kind of dessert). It is to "Bu" blood. I also will experience those kind of vein being struck hard in the middle of the night. Painful but nothing to do but to wait for the pain to subside. Are you still on HL or back to work already? I went to the Baby Hypermart yesterday and saw the side by side twins stoller costing abt 680 plus aft discount. Actually it is the cheapest price i have seen so far. But still very steep hor. Have you scan the baby gender already?

Bliss, how are you and your boy? I agreed with you that 船到桥头自然直. So i am also taking things 1 step at a time. No use to worry cos it cant help much at current stage too.

Maykel, jiayou. I have been reading the forum but no time to post due to heavy work load. And i have been telling my hubby your progress.
happy.gif
We are very happy that you are reaching 28 weeks soon and hoping your babies can stay inside healthily and longer till it is the right time to come out.

I will be going for my detail scan next week and i am hoping both my babies are healthy and fine. During my last checkup with dr loh, he ordered me to check my blood count once more as he said that i am having very low count and have the probability of having thalesemia. I was so worried and scared that time as i didnt know what was it all about and he dun have time to explain to me that after i left the room, i cried. After getting the blood test result, i m indeed a carrier, but luckily my HD is not. Not sure wat is the next step as i m only seeing Dr loh next week. Anyone experience this?

Recently, i am getting very petty and will get upset/angry over the slightest matter. Like today, i wanted to make a reservation but the place told me cant make reservation and i am angry. Think my emotional is getting wierd.
sad.gif

Sorry for such long post. Just wanted to pour out what has been happening to me these few weeks.

hi hopfully,
hang in there and stay strong. what you can do is perhaps do more research and read on the condition. maybe you can find out what can you do to improve the situation. don't despair.. coz you're not alone.

being emotional is part and parcel of our journey. don't let it get to you. take it as the hormones doing their job.. ;) try to take in deep breaths and conciously calm yourself down. it'll help, at least a little to ease the stress.

i can understand what you're going thru. i think each of us has our own set of problems. as for me, my baby's swollen left kidney is still there. during the scan they sonographer detected many cysts inside it. they are very concern that's why i've been going to ADC more often than most coz now they are doing close monitoring. as much as they can, they will try to save her kidney. if not, surgery will be done on my baby girl after she's born. imagine having that idea in your head, the pain she has to go through after she's born.. i'm really trying not to break down.

recently after the last scan at ADC, the sonographer detected a tiny cyst, now in her right kidney. as though i don't have enough worries already. but my gynae told me not to be alarmed as baby is still growing as per normal, she's still passing urine, my amniotic fluid is still of the right volume. i hope this continues til delivery. if not, i may be induced earlier.

so, have faith and be strong.. we have to for our babies.. i know i'm trying very hard to coz i know she needs me.

Hi merlanna,

You are indeed very srong. Yes, we have to and must be strong. I really hope your baby is healthy and growing well and when she is out, there isnt any things that the doc needs to do on her. For now, i think we can only remain positive and not to be negative in order not to affect our babies. Jia you, merlenna. All will turn out well and fine for you and your baby. I forgot how many weeks are you in already?
happy.gif

hi hopfully,

i sure hope so. when i met up and spoke with the paediatric surgeon who will be taking up my baby's case after she's born, she said that there is 2 in 3 chances, no surgery is needed. i hope my baby falls in this category.

i'm in my 32nd week. hehe.. about roughly 6-7 weeks more.. can't wait actually.. very excited to meet baby..

hi ladies,
I have delivered my twins on 4 feb at their 36 weeks. initially thought of holding them till 37 weeks but due to my sudden high blood pressure and increase protein in urine during last visit, doc suspects preeclampsia therefore scheduled earlier. Anyway I'm now back home with the twins
happy.gif

yck,
congrats!!!!!! do have plenty of rest and recover soon ya!

next is emma's turn right? this is so exciting. we are all tkaing turns to finally hold our bundle of joys in our arms!

merlenna,
6-7weeks will come by very soon!!!

yck,
congrats!!
happy.gif
So happy to hear this!
How was the whole delivery process and after that? Can share with us?
happy.gif

Hopfully,
Baby and I are doing fine lately, just that my placenta is still low lying. I have been reading more on c section delivery ever since then, just to get myself mentally prepared. Still praying that I can go thru normal delivery.
happy.gif

You dont be too worried. Everything will be fine.
I do have a good friend who had the same case as you during her pregnancy. Her baby girl has not been checked if she has thalesemia too. But she was hospitalised twice in KKH last year due to UTI and also high fever(was told baby's red blood cells is quite low so my friend was worried). But those 2 times have nothing to do with thalesemia. Her baby girl is going to be 1 year old next month.

Merlenna,
your baby will definitely be alright and will not need any surgery when born. She is a strong baby. Praying for you and baby.

Cale,
thanks for the info!
happy.gif

ya, indeed not really useful to look into having any pregnancy symptoms or not. i have to say the same thing again, try to relax as much as possible now. Just think about you are going to see your babies very soon at the first scan.
happy.gif

yck,
your babies no need to stay in KKH for more days at all? They are very strong and healthy too!
happy.gif
What are their weight? Look like you?
happy.gif

You have been so strong, tahan until 36 weeks le.

Hi merlenna,
Your baby would be ok, think positive and have faith. Best will come to you!

Hi YCK,
So happy for you. Finally able to hold your babies in your arm. What is the weight of your babies at birth? It's a boy and a girl right? Have lots of good rest and a speedy recovery
happy.gif

Hi yck
Congrats!!Wow,so were they born by a min difference? Boy or girl 1st? So happy for you and that you are back home with the babies...

Hi Miss Hae
How are the babies doing? Are they back home with you now? Yap, next will be me, I guess. tentatively on 2/3/09...

Hi 76
Im with Prof Ng as well. Did my HCG 10 dpt as well, cant remember the level (maybe 120?) but am preggie with twins. Dun worry about anything now, it's better to take plenty of rest and minimise your walking. I do not get any symptom during my 1st 10 wks, just that my tummy was bloated. Usually when you are 7 or 8 weeks preggie, then prof ng will arrange a vaginal scan for you.

Hi juju78
Yap, it really depends on our luck. Worse come to worse, will hire a local nanny to come from am to nite...sigh

Hi Bliss
I can understand what your mum is going thru cos I am going thru the same stress and tireness of teaching the maids over and over again, moreover im 'big' now. Did your sister had Indon maid all along? So far, I had 2 phil maids, dunno if I should try an Indon maid.

YCK, Congrats to you!! Have a good confinement and get back to pink of health. Do share with us the process. We are very keen to hear from you. I am so happy for you.
happy.gif

Merlenna, wow 6-7 weeks more. It's very fast. Enjoy the remaining pregnancy path and very soon you will be officially called a mother.
happy.gif

Bliss, thanks for sharing with me. Yup, just hope everything will be fine. Bliss are you in your 24 -25 weeks already? Mrs Hae is right! 1 by 1 we are getting our turn to hold our long awaited love in our arms.
happy.gif

Emma,
both my sisters have philipino maids all along, coz they can understand and speak English better. But they still find the philipino maids are very poor in their English even though they are university graduates in their country.

Hopfully,
thank you.
happy.gif
I am 24 weeks 3 days now. What about you? Yes, I am really looking forward to hugging my baby in my arms.
happy.gif

hi ladies
i just came back from Gleneages A&E, simply buay tahan the constipation. Sound silly to go A&E just for constipation, not as if life and death or break 1 arm. But damn jia lak leh. Doc decided to pump liquid Enema into anus and the solid rocks came out in waves...so shiok...but after 1 hr!! machiam like a delivery. tummy still got left over pain here adn there.. Doc say its not coming out the natural way coz i dare not exert due to bb. He said it wun affect coz they are in differerent 'compartment'...after this episode, wonder what will happen now to my bb...havent even seen it and this has to happen

Emma
Glad to know that you are under Prof Ng as well. My next appointment is 17th Feb, a long wait..

-when you got 120 for your hcg at 10dpt, did the nurse/doc say its high and suspecting twins? Have been feeing soooo bloated ever since ET,...and graduated to constipation - thats the only symptoms..
-Were you constantly wonderig what is happening to your bb during your pregnyl and proluton jabs while waiting to see prof for 1st scan?
-How many weeks are you now? sorry, so many qns.

Hi 76

Do try to eat more yogurt and drink yakult as they work for me from beginning of pregnancy till now. Your baby will be alright,dun worry too much.
Im in my coming 34 wks preggie already, 3 more wks to go. Prof said it could be twins becos of high hcg but could only be confirmed when I had my 1st scan. Yap, ever since after ET, stomach been bloated like as if I was 3 mths preggie. The bloatedness went away 3 wks after ET. I was constantly asking Dorothy will the jabs harm the bbs even in the slightest way, think Dorothy finds me a pest..hehe.But pregnyl and proluton are suppose to help stabalise the baby.
At my 12 or 13 wks of preggie, I experienced blood spot. Guess too much walking does lead to spotting. So rest and postitive thoughts are important. Feel free to ask any qns that u hv, will try to log in as often as I can.

Hi Bliss
Yap,It's really difficult to understand what the filipinas are talking despite graduates. My 2nd maid had a degree as well as a midwife course but she thought her job is to look after bbs without doing hsekeeping...sigh
So ur sis engage another maid yet?

Thanks Emma
I have also been asking the receptionist qns coz Dorothy and Prof were not in town recently. Sigh... Guess what? i have to resort to emailing Prof and sms-ing him at times. He replied me, so nice of him. Initially i feel paiseh, but i dun care liao...spent so much $, if he find me a pest, i also boh bian...coz worried...

Yah, my pregnyl and proluton jabs really mak me bloated too..not sure if it is heaty adn caused the constipation. I am slowing down the iron intakes too till my bowel return to near normal.

What is the gender of your twins?

hi yck,
so happy for you!!! congrats! finally you get to hold them in your arms..

hi miss hae,
haha.. yeah 6-7weeks can't come any sooner.. seeing her stuff and her nursery in progress makes me excited..

hi bliss n cale,
thanks for your prayers. i pray too that she's strong. she must fight to overcome this challenge..

hi emma,
can countdown to your delivery next! hehe..

hi hopfully,
can't wait. hearing yck popped already, makes my turn even more anticipated. haha..

Merlenna,
jiayou! hope ur bb dun need any surgery at all!

YCK,
congrats! rest well & be a happy mummy wor!

dun look for symptoms. i nearly drove myself crazy doing that & for nothing! my bb is now very healthy at 1176g, 27 wks old!

Emma,
quite true. all the best to finding a good & reliable helper.
ur turn very soon wor

juju78
did you have sore boobs at the beginning of pregnancy? I read thta this is one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy.Which gynae are u with? I suppose i need to relax and not think so much. Maybe coz i had past m/c bad expereince where i can t find heartbeat that got me so hyped up adn worried...

hi 76,
doesn't do you any good to worry so much. right now concentrate on eating well and rest as much as you can to let your baby grow inside you. if you stress, baby also can feel.. so just relax, don't play the mind games. it doesn't help.

just wait for your appt and you and your baby will be fine..

Hi ladies,
Just an update on my appt yest. I did OGTT yest and saw dr loh. My routine test yest shows that protein is +++. Dr loh seems quite worried, he said if i have high blood pressure, the protein would be high oso. His main concern now is the high BP affecting the kidney, as i'm having very dark colored urine this wk too. So he did some blood tests. He mentioned that I already had 'enough' problems as of now, if got additional problems then jia lat liao....now just praying very hard that everything goes well with the blood tests.

Dr loh oso mentioned that he would not expect me to tahan til even wk 32 or 34. In fact he is surprised that i lasted til now. I'm going to br 28wks in a couple of days, hoping can last as long as possible.

Hi ponytail,
I'm supposed to update you on the OGTT. Basically gotta fast from 12mn. When we reach the clinic at 9am, the nurse would do a fasting blood test, then i'm given a cup of sugar drink, its very sweet, but can tahan. After drinking they gave me some plain water but still cannot eat and drink, have to go bk 2hrs later to do another blood test. After that then can eat. The results would take a few days.

Hi Bliss,
Ya loh, if wait til she come then more problem. Anyway, i went down to the agency after my appt yest, initially wana interview transfer maids, but all cannot make it leh. Eventually chose another new maid, expected to arrive end Feb. The agency would expedite the process for us. Actually i'm very tired yest, so we really anyhow choose this time, have to see our luck now....
Aiyo, ur sis's maid so havoc one ar....but lucky she did a good job. I think as long as they dod a good job, doesn't matter their past.

Hi Emma,
Yes, i totally agree that chosing a maid is very stressful, like i was telling Bliss, i really anyhow chose leh yest....the transferred ones i interviewed yest oso got communication problem, oni know how to say "yes ma'am" but i dun think they understand wat i'm asking...
Wow, the 2nd one really bold leh, who is she to suggests such things. So vain, wear mini how to do hsework?? OMG, cannot imagine she had so many affairs, this kind must be come here find boyfrens one. She's too much, by the way, is she indon or filipino?
Think both of us really need alot of good luck in getting a maid.

Hi Cale,
haha....ic...okie, you are right, maybe i'll just start trying the samples 1st b4 i buy any more milk powder, thanks for the reminder. I keep thinkng of anmum oni, dun know why i nvr think of taking the samples 1st haha....
The maid data state she's widow with 3 kids liao.
Ya loh, if discover when she started then more trouble for us. Now hoping the new maid would come by end Feb. Yup, the agency would bear the costs as its not our problem, its the maid's fault.

Hi juju,
The maid is widow with 3 kids. Ya, i looked at the infant care fees near my hse and the charges is from $1150 to $1300 before subsidy, very exp leh.
I oso did thot of babysitter, but was thinking since the maid is in process, we might as well try maid 1st loh.

Hi Hopeful,
Thank you, you must take care too, dun overwork.
Did you have family history of thalassemia? I thot b4 IVF we would had done all the blood tests already? how come it was not dedected earlier? But lucky ur hubby is not a carrier. I think there are some brochures in the hospital where you could take and read for more info.

I think you are experiencing mood swings now, but it is very common due to hormone changes. Try not to get too stress at work and be positive ok?

Hi Merlenna,
So fast you know ur paediatrician already? Did dr recommend to you? Cos all along i thot must wait til delivery then the team on duty would take over care of the baby?
Its very brave and strong of you to be thinking positive, let's all pray hard for healthy babies and mummies. Really hope your baby would be well, she sounds strong to me, jia you!

hi yck,
Oh, its great to hear that, both you and babies must be doing very well, to be able to go home in 4 days
happy.gif
Congrats to you!
After hearing ur high BP and protein in urine, i am a bit worried now, cos i oso had the same symptoms this wk, now have to wait for blood test results....but its a good thing you are already 36wks, me oni 28wks.....

i had absolutely no symptoms at all. so, dun worry so much, ok? dun be stressed, bb can feel it. must relax...

Maykel,
jus hv to hope ur next maid is ok lor. meantime, rest well & drink lots of water. hope everything will be smooth for you & may u tahan till at leasr 38 wks

Hi Yck,
Congratulations!!! Wow 2 bundle of joys. Its good to know both you and babies are healthy.

Hi 76(dejected),
Welcome to the thread. I know how you feels. My first IVF end up blighted ovum. For the 2nd try Im so kanciong till I test for hcg every 2 days to make sure the hcg double up. Try to relax ok. Dun worry too much about the symptoms. There was once I suddenly lack of symptoms and become panicky but then symptoms come and go. Once it comes, you wish it goes away hehehe. REally I had vomiting, gastric pain all thru out my first 4mths. I felt so miserable till I thought Im going beserk soon. I even intend to see a physciatrist thinking that I may have pre-natal depression. NOw Im in 29weeks, still have 2 mths to go. We all jia you together. Prof Ng is quite experience and a very gentle doctor, though I feel Dorothy abit fierce hehehe. You should be ok, have faith. As for your constipation, have you try to drink lactolose? Or try to take more fruits and prune juice. I think thats safer than using fleet enema instead.

Hi Marlene,
Wow you are in 32wks already. So fast. Can't wait to see the baby rite. Dun worry your girl will be allrite. Have you stock up all baby necessities? ARe you going for natural or C-section? Im still in dilemma now. One day I want to do natural and the next day I change my mind to go for C-section instead. Hahaha though Dr. LOh told me to go for natural instead.

I just went to see Dr. Loh last friday and my baby is healthy and still big. My urine test well as usual glucose high, now increase to 4+. So the doctor only told me to control my diet. My baby weigh 1.4kg now.

Hi Maykel,
Great to know you are ok but still you have to rest more. Im still try to find maid and I leave that to my mil coz I feel its very imptant that the new maid can work well with my mil. She plan to seek agent next mth thou my hubby feel abit too late. But then I leave all this to my mil lah, dun want to think and interfere too much. Aiyahhh mine 2 mths to go and I havent stock up baby things. Im waiting for my bro to give my past-down-goods. Nxt week so may things to do: buy baby cot, avent products, pampers. Aiyooo....so many things to buy till everytime I just got lost dunno where to start.

juju78 and merlenna
thanks so much for the encouragement and reassurance. Guess nothing i can do... Next week will be a busy week for me at work... so i guess will take my mind off this for a while.

Hi Maykel,
Is the dark color urine related to present of protein or just may be becos you drink lesser water? Do you know what are the blood test that doctor order to check? May be can ask your hubby to go to si ma lu temple to pray pray for you and baby and hope everything will go well. Don't be too worry and try to relax more, so that you feel more easy and babies are happy too.

Did doctor tell you the weight of you baby Did he ask you to measure your cervix length? When are you seeing doctor again? Did you ask doctor regarding the class C ward and if he able to deliver for you?

Regarding the maid, it's really counting your luck. My mil changes a new maid before she got 1 that can eventually work longer. I hope you don't have to go through the maid selection again, let this be a good one.

Hi Imel
Huh? Cant take fleet enema ah? But the A&E doc say can leh and gave me liao...how? Now worried...Aiyoh, how come so many worries... Really hope my bb is fine...I havent even have my first scan. feel like bringing forward my scan.
A&E doc gave me lactulose after that but i only drank 1 dose coz dunwan to take too much medication. He said lactulose will not be absorbed into the system so wun hurt bb. It only absorbs water so that the stool becomes loose.

Hi juju,
Thank you, ya hoping for the best for the maid. hope i can tahan longer too
happy.gif

Hi Imel,
Thanks, i agree that i shld still rest more, as dr loh oso still wants me to CRIB.
Isn't it gd that you can leave the choosing of maid to ur mil...my mil nvr helped us with anything, but at least she try to show concern and oni know how to buy me things.
Ya, i oso think that finding a maid next mth may be abit late for you, cos the maid may not be wat you expect and have to change again. But you are right, since she had taken over the task,just let her settle, at least you have 1 issue lesser to stress over.
Yes, really alot of things to buy, big and small...Dun worry, at least you can go out and do shopping, me cannot even go out....had prepared a list of things for my hubby to buy. Maybe you prepare a list and categorised into eg Shower items, Bedroom, Feeding, Hygeine care, maybe easier for you?

Hi Cale,
Dr loh nvr say if the urine color related to the protein or not, but i think it is. I drank alot of water already and the urine color is not the typical kinda concentrated urine leh. I saw from the receipt that the blood tests he ordered are (1) Aspartate amino transferase (2) bilirubin (3) uric acid. Think mainly to check the liver and kidney function.
My hubby Christian, so he can't go and pray for me. But my mum got pray for me
happy.gif
Thanks, i will try to relax and CRIB faithfully.
Oh ya, forgot to mentioned that both babies are gaining weight well, 1 is 1046grams and the other 1005grams
happy.gif
But surprisingly my weight gain in these 2wks is oni 0.2kg leh.
When i ask dr loh whether can measure my cervix length again and he said no need, cos 'my cervical length has always been bad' hiaz....i'm seeing him again in 3wks, on the 27th Feb when i'll be doing another fetal scan oso.
ya, hope can settle the maid soon.

Hi 76(dejected)
Fleet enbema can use but not to use it too often since yours is still in early pregnancy. If you have tried fruits, fibres and prune juice still cannot work, its better to take lactulose instead which is pregnancy safe. I also had constipation in the beginning and the doctor recommend me that. I took many medication for my first 4 mths of pregnancy due to bad gastric and vomiting and being infuse for few times. I think I take 2 type of gastric medicines and mylanta and also 2 type of anti vomiting tablets. Until Im so scared all the medicines will have the side effects to the baby. I lost 5kg but then with all the medication my gastric and vomiting still there. Hehehe until the doctor told me that he cant think of any gastric medicines to help my conditions and then I also began to lose sleeps. I can't sleep for few nites, feel the anxiety, panick attack that sometimes I felt my heartbeats very fast. The dcotor told me that I may have pre-natal depression and recommended me to see physciatrist. But then it would be extra medication, so I went for hypnotis and try to listen to soothing and christian songs to calm myself. Luckily all these symptoms went away as I reach 4mths. Think its the changes in the hormones that made by body react like that. So dun you worry. You will be ok.

Hi Maykel,
I bopian lah coz I live with my mil and she is incharge of the household. She doesnt like us to take over her jobs, if not she will feel she is useless. So I let her make all the decisions. Really hope you can make it to 32 weeks. Its really not easy to carry twins, the risk is double than singleton. Your babies grow very well too which is good. Dun worry Maykel, I believe we will all pass this test since we have endured so much pain in having babies. God will bless us all!!!

Hi Imel
Thanks for sharing. Yah, i think i am like you leh..Scared of the medicine will affect... you know yesterday i weigh myself... lost 2 kg liao...coz of constipation dare not eat much...I also feel the anxiety esp i havent even have any scans yet, cant even confirm whether any sac or heartbeat....only know i am preggie through blood test... sigh...really appreciate your sharing

Maykel,yck,Emma
ladies was wondering do u experience any discomfort while u walk? i'm entering 5 mths now and i'm expecting twins. i feel discomfort and pain while i walk for more than 5 mins or so. is it normal?

yck,miss hae
Congrates !! Have a good confinement.

Bliss
How r u getting on?

ladies - i went shopping over the weekend for baby stuff. mothercare is having sale for single stroller. there's one that looks quite sturdy for $179 on offer. its a really good deal, but i didnt buy cos i need twin strollers. for baby cots, so many different kinds, most abt $300 plus each. does anyone have any recommendation for baby cots ?

today i told mil about not wanting 2nd maid, but she is so stubborn, still insistent that we need 2 maids when the twins arrive. so irritating. she doesnt work, so dont know how bad economy is. sigh...

Emma,
both my sisters' present maids have been with them for more 3 years le, quite ok so far. Actually, my sisters are quite strict employers(are 'well-trained' after experiencing so many maids), so they laid down their rules very clearly and accept no nonsense, so their maids are basically 'guai' in a way. My eldest sis's one is leaving in 2 weeks time since her contract is ending. So my mum is stressed again as new maid will come soon and she has to train everything all over again.
Good luck to you and maykel, hope you two will get a good maid.

Back