IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

hi bliss,
i think it small acne and oily. Hahaha :D
maybe hormone change...
Have u start buy? what item have u buy? (*confuse what to buy) ^_^ hehehe

Hi josephine,
I did not buy anything, coz I have gotten all the baby stuff from my sisters. The things that i got to buy are only milk bottles, pacifiers, diapers, bean husk pillows, cabinet for storing baby clothings. And I will probably buy a new set of confinement pyjamas though my sisters have given me a few sets.

I think you can start looking around for the daily necessities for baby such as baby cot, a few sets of long sleeved and short sleeved home clothes. And also milk bottles, electric milk pump etc.
Perhaps no need to buy immediately, just browse around to compare prices and quanlity, then you can buy them a couple of months later if you are still 'mobile' enough to shop. Heehee...
happy.gif

You can try to wash your face more often when it becomes oily. Remember to apply sunblock everyday, especially going out.
happy.gif

Dear ladies,
I got a silly question.
Later after give birth, where do you put newborn baby to sleep? is s/he sleep with you /& DH / Baby Cot?
Do newborn bb need pillow?

Josephine,
I remember Cale has posted an attachment file showing what items to buy for baby and also what things to buy to hospital for delivery.

Hi Cale,
Ya, i think if can tahan, dun scratch better. But i usually cannot tahan and will scratch unknowingly. Cos now my problem is, its not just 1 area, its practically whole body itch. Nvr eat any seafood oso like tat.

I agree that as long as BH not painful, we shld be fine
happy.gif
You are right, even thou i feel better, i shld still rest more. But think i'm the type, as long as i feel better, i want to do alot of things by myself and tends to walk more at home. Think i shld control myself lest wait i regret when it get worse again...
Oh, BTW, did dr loh ask you to do a fetal scan? Think usually they will do 1 at wk 30 or 32. I had 1 more fetal scan appt when i'm in my wk 30.

Hi bliss,
So did you try waking ur baby? Did he kick more?
Huh, ur patches are dark red ar? Is it pigmentation? Mine is like pinkish color on my tummy leh, 'm quite sure its turing to stretchmarks already. Ya, you are right, bo bian, these are our 'souveniors' of motherhood haha...
Did ur sis stretchmarks get better after delivery? Any good cream to recommend after delivery?
Does bad mood really causes more itchiness? Cos i must admit i was really upset and cranky during this admission. Kinda like getting depressed and keep flaring at my poor hubby...

Hi babymaking,
Yup, previously i oso read that stretchmarks are hereditary, so it may not matter if you apply cream or not. Tats why i oni put on lotion on and off throughout my preg. But now i need to apply more, cos trying to minimise the itchiness. Anyway, now i oso dun know the hereditary part true or not, cos both my mum and sis got 3 kids each but no stretchmarks leh, and mine is starting to appear.
You mean you have the marks so early in ur preg? Oh dear, so wat did you do to minimise the itch? Thanks for the info, i better check with dr loh on the itch this sat. Oso worried if there is any underlying problem.

Hi ponytail,
Me oso has small hairs growing on my tummy since eaarly preg leh hehe....i was shocked when i 1st sw them, so funny. They were fine and even initially, but as ur tummy grows, they become unruly, hope they would disappear after delivery.
Think you better leave them alone, cos may not be safe to use those removal cream for now. More things may come along as our preg progress, so gotta take all these hormones changes in our stride, tahan and hope they will disappear after delivery.

hi merlenna,
All along i thot aqueous cream is just a mild form of moisturiser, didn't know it can work wonders. Guess its safe to put all over the body right? Maybe i'll get a tub and try since its quite cheap and easily accessible oso. Will get when i go KK this sat. I have the yellow tablets at home, left over from GP when i had flu last time hehe...but i'm trying not to take, had enough of med for now. The balneum cream must be prescribed is it? For itchiness, which is better, this or aqueous?

Oh, saw ur posting to Bliss. Now i remembered that during my admission, doc oso gave me the black iron 2 tablets daily, maybe that could be the ones that started my itch...but they had discontinued it after my discharge.

Hi juju and Jos,
Thank you
happy.gif

Jos, I've not really started to buy baby stuffs, except that we had ordered the strollers and bought Avent steriliser during sale before i was 1st admitted to hospital in late dec. The rest of the small items i had not buy yet, then now i gotta CRIB...But i had prepared a list for my hubby to buy. Think by end 2nd tri or start of 3rd tri can start buying loh.
Oh, i oso had small dots on my face previously but they get better by itself, i think it is due to hormone change. But during this admission, i oso start to have red patches on my face that is a bit itchy, put alot of moisturiser liao, hope they get better...

Oh ladies, can just check if anyone has any sweaty sole or palms? My sweaty feet, accompanied with itch started recently, even in aircon room. Its so uncomfortable and i has to wear socks to absorb and its quite warm to wear during the day.

Hi bliss,
o yea hohhh.. almost forget.

I knw we must buy bb cloth, blanket, mitten, sock, hat, milk bottles, disposable diaper for newborn baby before delivery day.

I mean for other thing that necessary for newborn baby like:
Breast pump (yup, got survey this), Strelizer, food warmer, stroller, baby carrier/sling ... what else hoh?

need to made budget plan in this financial crisis... hehehehe ^_^

Josephine,
I will put my baby in another bedroom coz I will have a confinement lady helping to take care of him. However, after confinement period, baby will be moved to my bedroom to sleep with me. He will sleep in his baby cot. When he grows older, probably more than 5 months, I plan to let him sleep in another bed mattress which I will put beside my bed.
I dare not let baby sleep with us in the same bed, think the queen size bed is too small for 3 of us.
happy.gif
So baby will sleep on another queen size bed in the same room
It will be good to let baby sleep in his own room, so that he will be used to that since young. But it will be advisable to have a baby monitor, so that you and your hubby can be aware of baby's movement, sounds etc even when you are not beside him. I am thinking of that too. Just that have planned to put baby to sleep in the same room with me when he is still newborn.

I think newborn babies do not really need a pillow. You can just fold soft thin blanket or cotten cloth diaper, make it into a pillow to let baby's head sleep on it.

Are you having a confinement lady? Anyone helping you to take care of baby after that? If yes, then it will be better to let baby sleep in the same room with the babysitter. If you are the one taking care, it will be less tiring at the initial stage to let baby sleep in the same room as you, as you will probably have to wake up in the nights to feed baby and change diapers or cater to any baby's needs.
happy.gif

Hi Jos,
We had prepared a baby room and the maid is going to sleep there too. But gotta see how, dun think she can cope with 2 babies at nite after CL leaves, maybe i'll push 1 cot to my room at nite. Think i will let babies sleep in their cots (provided they can get use to it).

As for baby items, certain things can wait til after delvery (sling, food warmer etc), maybe you can make alist of items then decide which are the ones you need to get 1st (these are usually the items needed right after delivery). If you interested, i can pm you my list?

hi bliss,
yeah true, coz doc wanted me to avoid as the steroid cream as much as possible so the skin center doc gave me the aqueous cream. its mild, but it really helps to lighten and ease my itching..

hi cale,
nope, no steroid.. its sold over the counter at pharmacies so should not need any prescription. its safe as far as i'm concern..

hi maykel,
i use it all over. except for my head, i covered myself with it after every shower and as and when i feel dryness. it helps to moisturise the skin lah.. yah maybe medication can cause itchiness.. you can never know..

maykel,
my itch has always been on whole body too, not only tummy. Yes, the dark patches were pinkish initially, I thought they were some kind of blue black marks, then they became dark red gradually and now black in color. The patches became lines like stretchmarks till now.
Usually, stretchmarks will gradually become silvery white color sometime after delivery, my sister's are the same too, all white lines on her tummy. They look exactly like those stretchmarks pics shown on beauty salon and body management advertisment on the papers. Well I am also used to seeing all the stretchmarks on my body, coz I still plan to have more babies in future, no way to avoid them le.

Same as you, my mother also has not a single stretchmark at all and she has 4 daughters leh. but both sisters and me are having, so it is not really true about the hereditary part.

Yes, we must continue to apply the moisturiser for some time even after delivery. I think aqueous cream is good enough. For myself, i will continue to use the NIKS moisturiser since the doc told me I can use it after delivery. She told me the oatmeal moisturiser can be used on baby for nappy rashes too, so it is safe.

Yes, I find that feeling happy and comfortable really help to ease the itchiness. Even my skin doc advised me to keep myself in good mood during pregnancy, coz the skin condition is very much affected by our mood.
Can understand your anxiety and moodiness lately. So now must try hard to relax and stay happy, this will help your babies to grow well inside and also your skin condition.

I did try waking baby up since yesterday, he did move and kick a bit yesterday evening for very short while, then quiet again for the whole night. I was worried again, then this morning, he moved a few times after my breakfast.
I just find him very quiet and sleepy for a few days le, quite unusual, I am still bit worried. Will continue to wake him up now and then. I have been telling him to kick mummy more so that mummy knows he is doing well, it is ok to be hard kicks. Hahaha!

Josephine,
thanks for the link.
Yes, like what Maykel just said, it is more important to buy those baby stuff that are needed straight after delivery. The rest can wait and buy slowly.
happy.gif

Maykel,
I dont experience any itchy sweaty feet, but my soles get sweaty quite easily.
I think your case is most probably due to pregnancy. Perhaps you should not wear socks, just air your feet coz the itchiness may be due to the socks. Do you wear bedroom slippers at home? It is my habit to wear bedroom slippers everyday, they help to protect your soles. Must wear those slippers during confinement too, very important.

Btw, do yo experience a bit of swelling on fingers, feet and legs? I think my fingers have gotten a bit bigger, coz wedding ring is tighter(I dont wear wedding ring everyday, just noticed that when I wore it during CNY). My sis found me my legs also look a bit fatter and swollen, but my hubby and I thought they look the same leh. My face is not swollen, looks the same still.
I get thirsty very easily and I drink a lot of water everyday even before bed, but also scared of having too much water retention.

Maykel,
I have stopped taking seafood especially prawns, and also not taking sliver fish, fish sauce, and fish like stingray etc which may cause skin itchiness in some people. I am not sure if I am sensitive to those food, just to be careful and avoid taking them since I had my itchy skin in week 10.
You can take some black bean soup as black bean is very good for treating skin problem, kind of removing the toxins in our blood. Furthermore, black beans is high in iron, so will be good to take some. However, be aware that beans will cause bloating, so dont take too much.

Hi Maykel,
Notice last time you got use Clarins Tonic Oil, how much you bought that time? and now what lotion/oil did you apply for stretchmarks and itchiness?

ooo ic.. wah so nice your hubby will do the shopping. Which brand you buy for stroller?

ooo ic... k noted, will try the moisturizer.

Hi bliss,
Ooo ic... I think my MIL will taking care of me during confinement. I hope she wont take back her own word, if not i will piangzzzz... (*like juju) hehehehe..

Hi Bliss, Maykel,
Yesterday, I got discuss with my DH whether the newborn want to be put at Baby cot or sleep me (*kick hubby to another mattress).
And he never gave me the answer (*maybe he doesnt want "kena" kick).
That is why i am asking you gals... hehehehe ^_^
And I also read in some pregnancy book for newborn baby, it is better not sleep with the pillow. So just double check... hehehehe ^_^

Thanks for sharing...

Btw, maykel. That mean you buy 2 baby cot?

i'm thinking to get this instead of a bb cot or play pen cos of space contraints.

http://images.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ZAPFJSXAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Comfort-45030-Lil-Snuggler/dp/B000B775DC&usg=__4JlIu-y742tGlV8qaYCzDeTcukc=&h=280&w=280&sz=7&hl=en&start=17&um=1&tbnid=zuS-zhqhye6iZM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbaby%2Bbed%2Bsnuggler%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

advantage : can put on bed in between us, easy to move about, washable, space saving. easy for me to look after and bf esp at night.

disadvantage: hubby worried he will roll over and squash baby. me worried if bb always sleep with us, later hard to wean him/her to sleep alone.

the snuggler can be used till 6 mths-1 yr i guess - depending on size of bb. subsequently, then get play pen which can double up as a play area & nap area.

or shd i just get a bb cot??

merlenna,
i think i will get the aqueous cream and give it a try, really cannot tahan the itch.

bliss,
it;s true that the itch gets worse when not in good mood, perhaps it's psychological as well.

oh yeah, another thought.
anyone knows if there is a device which we can use to hear the bb heartbeat - besides the doppler machine at the gynae.

i find waiting 2-3 weeks to hear bb a pure torture - there are many days in between that i feel like going to the gynae just to reassure myself that bb is still there. it's really paranoia and i am so depressed not knowing in between appointments.

hi josephine,
its better to let them sleep on their own. a lot of magazines and reading materials also discourage co-sleeping. perhaps, you can put the cot right next to your bed and so that baby sleep alongside you. if anything just reach in, no need to get out of bed.. easy also right? hehe..

hi ladies,
just an update, entering the 30+ weeks marks comes all the 'perks' of pregnancy. right now, the leg cramps have come in full force. even right up to my butt. haha.. i had to hold on to something sometimes when the cramps starts. even walking doesn't help. trying to get hubby to help massage nightly..

anyway i've booked a pre-natal massage with a malay lady. she's coming to my place tomorrow. i hope i can ease my blood circulation after her massage. heh..

hi babymaking,
initially when i use the aqueous cream, i took the yellow tablet too every night. but after the itch eases, i just used the cream to help lighten the pigmentations. maybe must find out what is causing the itch also. coz if you keep having the rashes pop out, no matter how much cream u put on, it will still itch. for me, right now, i don't really care about the marks. as long as i don't itch. i know what you mean, the itch can really get to you..

Hi Merlenna,
Happens my mil have a tube of aqueous cream, i applied yesterday after bath, somehow it did not relieve my itchiness le, only feel my skin more moisture after applying. After a while, i cannot tahan and applied the calamine lotion, which work better to relieve my itchiness.

Hi Ponytail,
Yes, hope that the hairs will drop off, but hopefully not the hair on our head
happy.gif

Hi Josephine,
You are welcome. On the baby stuff, I have not started buying yet as I was told by doctor cannot walk too much. So better wait till later stage then buy. If your face is oily, may be just wash more regular to keep it clean, I am sure your completion will slowly improve.

Hi Bliss,
I also get a bit of swollen feet, but it's quite mild. Actually I can't recall what is my feet like before pregnancy too, but my sister in law said look like a bit swollen.
I also drink quite a lot of water cos i am having constipation. Usually I will pass urine in the middle of the night at least twice or thrice.
It's distrubing to my sleep, but i think it's a way to pass out the fluid so that it don't retent so much in our body.

Hi Maykel,
Yes, i also try to minimise the scratching, afraid it got worst. Not sure why your whole body also itch, yes, it's better to show dr loh this sat and ask for his advice.
Yes, you are right, even got better must not take it lightly. Better be safe then regret. Try to avoid those liang stuff like watermelon food, bitter gourd, cold drinks, pineapple. We need to keep our womb warm to let baby have a better environment to grow.
Dr Loh did not mention this to me le. Is it a must to do the fetal scan at week 30 nor 32 for all of us? Or is it just for multiples pregnancy. May be I check with Dr Loh again during my next visit which is on 14 Feb. Thanks for your info
happy.gif

babymaking,
just look at the link you posted. I personally feel that it is too small and baby can only use it for very short while. Baby will grow very fast, I would advise to buy a bigger baby cot or playpen for your baby, so that your baby can use even till 2 to 3 years old. If you buy the snuggler due to space constraint, I think your house will even be more cramp when you have to buy another bigger bed for baby later on and the snuggler will be stuck in your house then, which will take up more space in the end.
You will find playpen very very useful in future, especially when baby learns to crawl and stand up and walk. You will need a confined and safe area like the playpen to put your baby when you have something to attend to at home and need to leave baby alone for a short while.
happy.gif

Hi Merlenna,
haha...ok, thanks for your info
happy.gif

Hi Bliss,
My itch just started and i can't tahan already, can't imagine you endured so long liao...true oso, we shld think of treating the stretchmarks after all the baby planning
happy.gif

I think maybe oso my mum and sis gave birth at a younger age, in their early 20s. okie, i'll just get the aqueous cream and try 1st. I oso wana try to maintain good mood for my babies sake, dun want them to be grunchy next time heehee....

Think really dun have to worry so much abt baby's movement, cos i read that during 26wks onwards, babies would have regular sleep patterns, so maybe ur baby just like to sleep more? hehe....or maybe ur baby is those 'wen jing' type, cos mine oso, 1 super active, 1 movement much lesser oso. So i keep telling my hubby we got 1 naughty baby and 1 guai baby hehe...
happy.gif
Anyway, we are well-assured that both of them are fine after scanning at each appt.

I was thinking maybe my sweaty sole causes the itch...i nvr wear bedroom slippers at home leh, been wanting to get a pair but now can't go out, waiting for hubby to buy.

Oh yes, i noticed that mt feet got swelling during CNY eve, tats abt the time tat i felt very unwell too. My sis oso said my face and hand are swollen too. I will try to elevate my legs when i sleep, or i'll wear the compression stockings and i find that its better, i was advised to get the stockings as i need to CRIB, it is supposed to help circulation and prevent varicose veins. Quite exp leh, the hospital bill shows that the stockings cost $97!
I oso get thirsty easily now, but i'll just drink water, we need it as weather so hot some more.

Hi Jos,
I bought the tonis oil at $80. But its a bit oily and i got itch when i uses it, so far i only uses a few times, quite wasted, but on and off i will put on my thighs.
After tat i got a tube of free full size SM cream from Mothercare, its not so oily, so i started to use that til now, but seems like its not effective for SM and does not reduce itch.

When i bought the clarins tonic oil, i was given 2 small tubes of sample for their SM cream. I find it quite good, can reduce the itch a bit. The actual size is oso $80. I regretted getting the tonic oil, shld had got this cream instead last time, kena psycho by the salesgal.

haha...my hubby bo bian, gotta do all the physical work since i can't go out. But actually if can, i would rather go out and choose myself, cos i'm quite fussy when it comes to babies' things heehee....we bought Combi Miracle Turn for strollers. Cos we wanted something lightweight and its 4wheels can turn, easy to handle. Initially we considering between this and Maclaren, but then Maclaren too heavy for me if i were to bring babies out by myself next time.

Hi Maykel,

I almost buy clarins tonic oil leh cos one of nurse at kk advise me for stretchmarks and not so itchy one. Luckily i read previous thread and notice that you got used this clarins tonic oil so i cancel my order. Hehehehe ^_^

I am also thinking to buy Maclaren.
Thanks for your info, i will survey on Combi stroller. ^_^

May i know what is the weight of combi stroller and where you buy? Mothercare?

Hi Cale,

Thanks. I have washed my face twice a day (morning and night). I will try to wash my face more regularly.
^_^

Hi Jos,
Yup, we will have 2 cots. My fren giving me 1 and the other 1 my frens would give t to me as a gift, so i dun have to worry abt the cot beds
happy.gif

Hi babymaking,
I've seen a similar baby snuggler in KK The first few years and i find it very small leh, think can use only few mths, cos by the time ur baby started turning, i think it would not work already. I think that cot is a better investment. Personally i dun like play pen, cos gotta bend quite low when you carry baby and i find it dangerous when they started jumping, worry it may topple over.
I read that can get a stethescope to listen to their heartbeat when baby is of certain wks.

Hi merlenn,
wow, ur cramp sounds bad, I think massage can help ease the aches and promote blood circulation. I find massaging quite useful, but now i dun dare to massage cos my preg seems so fragile now....can oni ask hubby to rub for me gently.

Hi Cale,
Ya, now i oso control and not take cold juice liao. Last time i was told for twins need to scan for wks25 and 30, i thot it was for blood flow oni, but then realised it is fetal scan. Think even for singleton oso need to scan at least once, but i dun know when.

bliss,

i dun have space for bb cot in my room, so if have to buy one, will have to put in the spare room, and bb will be alone. not optimal, as i will not be having a confinement lady and i dun want to sleep separate from hubby :p

buying bb monitor will be another cost as well, maybe channel that cost to buying the snuggler.
and when bb is 6mths, can switch to playpen directly...so skip the cot phrase totally..wondering if that's workable.

hmm the snuggler folds up, so won't take that much space..and oh yeah... we plan for more than one bb..so will come in handy for the next time.

merlenna,
mine is not just rashes but red welts like keliod scars, that's why the doc thinks it's some hormone over production and will do some tests if it worsens
sad.gif

it looks like pupp but it's way too soon to have pupp for me now as it started in the 5th week...so frustrating..me been tolerating for more than 5 weeks already.argh.

gals,
anyone knows of any device that we can get to monitor bb's heartbeat?

Cale,
ya, I also make many times toilet visits at nights, have been quite often lately, sometimes 4 to 5 times! Besides drinking lots of water, I drink soups often too, always make soups for dinner everyday.

Maykel,
ya, the skin itch has been terrible for me. Hahaha! My skin looks really ugly during the worst days, I told my hubby my whole body 都坏了becoz of pregnant, hahaha!
My 2nd sister also told me before, our bodies will never look and be the same anymore once have babies. Coz that time besides her ugly tummy full of stretchmarks, her belly button, breasts and nipples also not nice le, her hair also dropped alot and become thinnner than before. Also, her anus also popped out due to serious constipation throughout her 1st pregnancy. Then she planned to ask her gynae to push it back during her 2nd delivery, but who knows she delivered her 2nd baby at home and no gynae to help her push it in. Heehee, she poor thing, so always says that whole body became ugly after 2 kids. But then she still feels it is worthwhile lah.
happy.gif

Never mind, we can still try our best to look as good as possible after giving birth, just need to make some effort will do.
happy.gif

Josephine,
perhaps you can check if your skin is really due to too oily or too dry or combination. I always thought my skin is very oily all the while, but then my skin doc told me that my skin is too dry, that is why I keep having rashes. So I was told to stop using any normal soap and tea tree oil which I used, I must use moisturing soap and facial wash. I was told not to wash face and bathe too often if skin is itchy due to dryness.
So besides washing face often, you may want to take note of what facial wash and bath lotion you are using.

maykel,

bb start to turn over when they are ard 6 mths rite?

there are some playpens that i saw which double up as a cot and changing table. but the only thing is that they are not very stable, quite flimsy.

like make up of cloth and some metal sticks joined together in a rectangular shape with a matress, with adjustable height..just like a bb cot.

is there any other types of playpens which are more sturdy?

Maykel,
the mattress of the play pen can be moved up to make it like a bed. My sisters usually will put one more mattress on it, to make it 'thicker'. Sometimes, they placed another mattress on the floor just below the playpen.
happy.gif

Also, playpen is quite heavy and stable, will not topple over even when baby is jumping. I witnessed that when my baby niece and nephews used it.
happy.gif

babymaking,
oic, then it will be good to let baby sleep in own bedroom in your case due to space constraint in your room. If I am not wrong, baby monitor is quite cheap, not that expensive, should be affordable and useful if baby sleeps in another room.
Agreed with what Maykel said, I also think baby cot is a better investment than snuggler. Firstly can be used for a longer time, so save money, and secondly your 2nd and 3rd baby can use it too, so fully utilised.
happy.gif

Dont worry or think too much, I am sure many things and new decisions will be made when baby is out and when you actually knows what arrangement is better by then.

haha yeah, when bb born, everything will drop into place..i hope.

right now i am just chanelling my thoughts abt bb survival to bb things. it;s 3 more days to gynae appt and having cold feet
sad.gif

rather think abt bb's things, rather than entertaining thoughts that bb heartbeat stop.

Hi Babymaking,
I got saw at Robinson this brand:
BebeSounds Baby Heartbeat Listener

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Bebesounds-Prenatal-Listener-Unisar/dp/B000JK148I

But oh, i dun think you need this.
By 20wks onwards, you can feel bb kick and by 28wks bb is more active. Hehehehe...

Baby monitor, dun buy those expensive brand hehehe if not, just open your door and bb door so can hear whether s/he crying or not.. ^_^

Hi bliss,
My skin not so bad, still can bear the itchiness.
Maybe will be get worse after few wks when hormone starts change again, who know.. hehehe ^_^
anyway thx for your info, will find out more.

babymaking,
how many weeks are you now?
Yes, must stay positive and try not to have any negative thoughts.
happy.gif
Must believe that your baby/babies growing well.
happy.gif

ladies - went for my scan this morning. i'm abt 14 weeks already
happy.gif
but doc say next month i have to go back for a blood glucose test cos got some glucose in urine. did any ladies here have it ?

and oh yes, hope the hair on our head stays and the rest fall off
happy.gif

babymaking,
this is the kind of baby monitor that is cheaper.
http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Stuff-for-Sale-clothes-accessories-baby-TOMY-Baby-Monitor-W0QQAdIdZ85539960

I have girlfriend who is like you, her master bedroom is small, cannot occupy baby cot at all. So her baby boy has been sleeping in another room since birth, she used a baby monitor throughout. And when she has her 2nd baby boy, the two sons sleep in the same room, so the baby monitor serves an important function especially in the nights and also when she is doing laundry and cookings in the day when her sons are having afternoon nap.
I thought it was quite tiring for her to wake up every night and go to her kid's room as she breastfed both her sons for quite a long time. But she told me it has been fine and not troublesome since she prefers the idea of letting kids sleep on their room and she and her hubby has their private space at the same time.
So I thought this is still manageable and can be done if baby is alone in another room.

Maykel,
Its great to know you are allrite and discharge from hospital. Rest well.

Hi Josephine,
Regarding where your baby sleep, as for me I let my baby sleep in the cot and with special pillow (the one like a round thing in the middle of the pillow) to make sure that our babies head nice and round. But still we have to make sure to move the head position regularly. Last sunday I went to hunt for baby cot. I found one that I like from Kiddy palace in Toa Payoh cost $369.

ponytail,
congrats for passing 14 weeks already!
happy.gif

I was found to have a bit of protein in my urine last apptmt. Is it that same as having glucose?

Heehee, ya, may hair on head not drop.
But sad to say that, every mummy friends of mine and also my sisters have experienced hair loss when baby is around 4 months old. It seems that this is inevitable and quite common.

Cale,
thanks for the info.
happy.gif

I also just called and requested for the diaper samples. I forgot to ask what brand will be given, do you know what brand is the sample?

Hi Bliss,
What number did you call? It depends on which number you called as different brand different number as below.
2. Drypantz / DrypersDiaper 1800 466 3002
3. Fitti / Pet PetDiaper 6861 9155
4. Huggies / Pull Up Pants / Little SwimmersDiaper 1800 484 4437
5. Mamypoko / Pull Up PantsDiaper 6265 1648

Cale,
I just managed to request samples from Drypersdiapers and huggies. For Fitti/ Pet petdiapers, the operator told me to request thru email leh. As for Mamypoko, i was told to call tomorrow again, think their line is going to close for today when I called.
happy.gif

You called all the 4 lines huh?
happy.gif

Hi Bliss,
Yes, I called all the lines already except for the Fitti, they asked me to send to this email [email protected] and stated our request together with name, contact number, address and size of diaper. Just follow the instruction to drop them an email to request for that
happy.gif

jo,
pre natal baby monitor can only use from 5th month onwards, by then can gauge based on bb's movement already.

bliss,
i don't think that solution is workable for us but it's encouraging to hear from other's experience that it's workable.

now in 11th week, perhaps because of previous losses plus years of fertlity treatments, hence the paranoia, last appt gynae also pointed out there's bleeding internally...so each day is a challenge.

now under hse arrest, mind running wild.

Jo,
u still remember ah? haha
now hubby thinking of getting a maid... haiz.
more fickle-minded than me

Babymaking,
i also bought a snuggler when i went vietnam in dec, quite cheap there. will use it till bb grow out of it then let bb sleep in the 2nd hand playpen we bought.

Cale,
each time my mum sees me, she says my feet are swollen. but recently, i feel dat my feet are becoming pig trotters. putting my feet up is pure torture bcos getting so uncomfy. no matter how much massage also not very helpful...
yup! milk formula companies are not allowed to promote infant milk cos supposed to encourage ppl to BF, so milk powder samples & advertisments all start from when bb is 6 mths old.

btw, someone mentioned dun dare to drink too much water cos scared of water retention. actually drink more water is good cos help to flush out toxins from the body. water retention is usually due to increased salt intake. cut down on salty food should be able to help with water retention.

Maykel,
be careful when ur face swells up cos it's a symptom of pre-eclampsia. if dun go away after maybe a day, call up the hospital & find out if u need to go in & get checked.
this Combi Miracle Turn is a twin strolller? i find twin strollers look very cute...

Babymaking,
Mums & Babes sell this doppler/stethoscope thing which claims can hear & even record heartbeats. but only saw it at united square outlet only. maybe next time u near there, can go and see.
for baby monitor, some say neighbours can accidentally tune into the frequency & hear conversations in the house. so need to be careful.

Jo,
dat's the same one i saw @ mums & babes, united square!

hi ladies - i'm 14+ weeks now
happy.gif
went for check up yesterday and doc said i need to go for blood glucose test in a month. any ladies have this ? my babies are growing fine, although 1 of them did give me a scare cos doc took a long time to locate heartbeat with the hearing machine. in the end he used scan and saw the heartbeat and said both fine. phew
happy.gif

bliss - i didnt realise i posted yesterday thats why i posted again today. what was the problem with your urine. can be many factors, eg protein, glucose, blood. i got glucose, and tiny bit of blood. hope the blood is old blood from last time trying to wash out. yes hit 14+ weeks already
happy.gif
so happy, but also cautious at same time

ponytail,
I was told there was bit protein in my urine. Doc said probably due to the multi vit, obimin I take everyday. Anyway, will check again on my next appt then, hopefully no trace of protein anymore.

hi cale,
i guess for your case, perhaps its because the itch is still there. the aqueous cream is more of keeping the skin moisturise so not to let it get dry and itch.. maybe you need to use the steroid cream somehow.. to stop the itch.. then the aqueous cream can help..

hi babymaking,
i bought both a playpen as well as a cot. the cot will be at my place.. probably placed next to my bed when baby at home with me. but the playpen is gonna be at mum's place. she'll need to move around alot at home to do housework, so baby can be left in the playpen.. mine has 2 levels, the bed detachable and has a place to chg diaper. so it will be able to last me a few years coz once the bed removed, baby can play in it.. so far when we assembled it, its sturdy leh.. not at all flimsy. quite secure..

hi ladies,
talking about strollers, i got myself the capella.. its also like the combi, the individual wheels can turn independantly. just that its not light and meant to be used only when u have transport. haha, i can't use it if i wanna go out on my own with baby.. too heavy.. actually only troublesome if i wanna take feeder bus to mrt. other than that, i think everywhere else has elevator and stroller friendly.. if i really think its too much for me, i might just get a maclaren to suit myself travelling with baby alone.

Juju,
Found a few tips from the web to reduce water retention. May can try see if it helps
happy.gif
* Lie down or elevate your feet regularly
* Avoid tight-fitting clothes, shoes or stockings
* Exercise
* Avoid diuretic drugs, especially during the early weeks of pregnancy
* Include foods with dieuretic properties in your diet:
* Anise
* Celery
* Onion
* Parsley
* Coffee or tea (include in moderation due to caffeine content)
* Eggplant
* Garlic
* Peppermint

Ponytail,
I also found some traces of glucose in my urine, but doctor did not ask me to do the blood glucose test. May be that time, I wasn't gain much weight, he not so concern. I will check with him again on my next appointment. How about your weight gain? Do you have significant increase in your weight recently?

Hi all,
if found glucose in urine, may need to reduce sugar intake. If found protein in urine, what must be reduced then? Carbohydrates?
thanks!

Back