IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Hi Bliss,

If found glucose in urine, usually will have to reduce both sugar and carbohydrates intake.

Found some info on the web on the protein in urine:
http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/555.html
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/proteinurine/

It says that small amount of protein is not uncommon, it may means your kidney is working harder during pregnancy. However, it might also be a symptoms of pre-eclampsia. May be you can double check if you have the pre-eclampsia symptoms as described.

On what you can do, probably to have more resting, drink more water, and take in less salt.

Don't worry too much, may be can counter check with your gynae again during your next visit?

Hi Merlenna,
Thanks. I agreed with you. The aqueous cream is not to relieve the itchiness. Have to treat the itchiness first, then apply this cream. After few days of applying the calamine lotion, somehow today think got better, I did not feel that itchy anymore. So, now i start applying this aqueous cream to moisture my skin as I found my skin quite dry recently. Hopefully the itchy don't come back.

Hi Jos,
ya, lucky you nvr buy thr clarins yet.
BTW, i forgot how heavy is the Combi leh...oni know its much lighter then maclaren.

Hi Bliss,
My skin oso looks terrible now, cos they are so itchy that i subconsciously scratched them at nite. Now alot of marks. Then i realised to my horror that i have some SM at my lower tummy leh! I very sad leh, so ugly....
sad.gif
For weight, next time can slim down, but for sking scar very difficult hor....
Wow, ur 2nd sister really experienced everything hor...but how come breasts and nipple can be not nice leh?
Rgding the playpen, cos my hubby's side got a baby cousin who is very active and always toppled from his playpen, tats why i hear already oso scared. Maybe you can recommend the brand to Babymaking?

Hi babymaking,
Yup, usually they started to turn around 5-6mths. I've oso seen those 3in1 playpen b4, true loh, i find them quite unstable, so i'm not keen to get. My mil said she wana buy 1 put at her hse but i'm not keen oso. So far i've not seen any playpen that are sturdy and worth considering yet leh, maybe see the other ladies here had came across any. Maybe you consider a cot loh, since you mentioned of space constrain, cos their size is smaller then playpen and baby can sleep until quite big oso.

Hi ponytail,
I am scheduled to do the OGTT this sat, but my routine test always negative leh. I will update you after my OGTT this sat, meanwhile, you can read thru this link.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_glucose-screening-and-glucose-tolerance-test_1483.bc

Hi Imel,
Thank you
happy.gif

Hi Cale,
Thanks for sharing, later i will call
happy.gif

Hi juju,
I oso dun know my face swell cos of fats or water leh. Usually my BP systolic is from 118-128. But the recent few BP reading is abt 135. I did ask dr loh, and he say as long not more than 140 and my feet not so swollen can already. But now my feel quite swollen, sat must ask him.

The Combi Miracle Turn is not a twin strolller? We dun wana get twin stroller cos there are some worries that if we go out, certain doors are small and the strollers may not get thru. Furthermore, i think 1 person handle 1 stroller easier to habdle.

You confirmed getting a maid? If want better apply early. I apply mine in dec then now she just arrive in Singapore. The agent say now going thru medical adn english test, if pass then i can bring her bk on wkend, if fail then she has to go bk and i gotta choose again. Hope she'll pass....

hi Merlenna,
oh, we've seen the capella strollers too, actually i really like their designs, cos so nice hor. But we are thinking of space constaint, cos we need to get 2, then after folding 2 capellas, we realised the car boot may have problem. Thats why eventually get combi MT, after folding much smaller. BTW, i find maclaren heavier then capella leh.

Maykel,
dont be sad, i understand. We'll have to see how the SM will change after delivery, maybe they will not look as bad. hee...
I am also not sure how breasts and nipples become not nice. I guess it is the colour of the areolas and nipples that turn darker. We are experiencing that now already, right? The color of mine is very very dark now, really ugly. I read that the color will probably stay there for long, will not change back to what it is like before pregnant.
As for breasts, perhaps it is due to breastfeeding. I heard from a girlfriend that hers have become saggy after breastfeeding her 2 sons, she said not nice anymore. Some people have SM on their breasts too.

Hi bliss,
Thanks for ur comfort, hope they'll be better after delivery....
oic...i oni noticed my aerola getting bigger now, other then tat still ok leh. Huh....think every1's experience is different , hope ours would not be tat bad...
happy.gif

Hi Cale,
I had requested for the diapers already except huggies, cos called a few times but no one pick up the line, later i call again
happy.gif

bliss - i asked my doc if i need to do anything to my diet. he said no need to change diet cos nothing is confirmed until the test results. even then, they may have further tests. so can eat and drink like normal.

maykel - yes do update us after your glucose test

hi cale,
yeah i'm like you also, i'm crossing my fingers that the rashes don't come back til delivery.. coz i don't think i can go through the mental torture what more the itchiness again. nowadays i do have one or two pop out but they usually ease in a day. meantime, just keep moisturising lah.. hehe..

hi maykel,
oh yeah, you've gotta get 2! hehe.. oh mine is the bulkier version of the capella. at least i think so.. the maclaren i mention is probably those like the umbrella type folding system.. supposed to be able to hang on one arm while u carry baby in another. capella also have that but i never actually tried folding and carrying it.

Cale,
thanks for the tips. i avoid most of those in the list on a daily basis. i figure i get enuff exercise cos got to go production quite often :p and lifting legs whenever i get to sit down (1 whole row of boxes of various heights under my table), but still... haiz...
maybe friday ask Dr Loh if got any more suggestions. haha

Maykel,
oh, in that case, guess just have to take care & watch out for the symptoms.
good & bad for twin stroller la. but if 1 person going out wif both babies, twin stroller will be useful. ;) remember dat time zoe tay (in a TV serial) went out alone wif her quadruplets in their quad-stroller. very cute.
still dunno about maid. i leave to hubby la. dun wan to think liao. personally, i dun like the idea of getting a maid. & company so unstable now, scared retrench also. i told hubby if retrench, i may stay home & do part-time/freelance.

Hi all
Anyone can share ur HCG readings when it was time to go for blood test after ET? I had previous m/c so worried that mine is not viable this time. And my first scan wun be like till 2 weeks later....Scared lah...

Hi
Been having constipation since ET. Any way of dealing with it the natural way, as in no medication? Asked the nurse but all i get is drink more water and eat more fruits...sigh....still does not solve my problem..haiz..

Hi 76,
what stage are you at now? 2WW?
My Hcg reading was 866.3 on 15dpt. Dont worry too much though it is really not easy. Stay positive and hopeful still.
happy.gif

hi merlenna,
haha...i think the more popular brands for stroller seems to be either combi, capella or maclaren. If i oni need 1, most prob i'll get the capella too, cos its sturdy and the designs are nice!
happy.gif
oh ya, the maclaren i saw is oso not very bulky after folding and can sling, oni thing is its pretty heavy.

Hi juju,
ya, twin strollers is cute but i dun think i'll be able to handle if i bring 2 of them out by myself haha....
Actually even thou i had apply for a maid, i still dun feel very uncomfortable of having a stranger in the hse, no privacy at all, cannot walk around braless etc...oso have to be more careful with money and jewellery. I'm not a very careful person, anyhow put my bag and jewel, tats why my hubby keep nagging at me to make it a habit to keep them properly now. My maid could be coming this wkend and i'm not prepared for her yet...
But anyway your co. can't retrenched you when you are pregnant, so for now its ok right? Or maybe dun commit 1st, you see how during ur ML, cos anyway got 4mths for you to decide if you could go bk to work or co. or be a SAHM.

Hi 76,
Welcome to the thread.
If i dun remember wrongly, my beta hcg was 601mmol. Resting during 2ww is very impt. You must be positive since you had got a positive beta result.
Most of us tried taking prune juice when we had constipation, but it can cause watery stool and some discomfort for some pple, however, it really works for constipation. If you dun like the juice taste, can take their preserved prune fruit oso, think its del monte brand if i'm not wrong.
Dun be negative, jiayyou ok?
happy.gif

maykel - what brand of stroller did you buy in the end ? i went to mothercare that day and saw a single stroller for $1600. on sale too! i think double stroller will be more ex$. but that is just so ex$ !!

76 - maybe you can ask your doc to help you with consti. i have consti and haemerroids, so doc gave me lactulose to soften stools, and fibogel. i stop taking fibogel cos ran out. but taking these 2 is quite helpful.

hi bliss, merlenna & ju,

which brand of playpen and where did you guys purchase from which is more sturdy? thinking of going to have a look see.

Hi ponytail,
I bought Combi Miracle Turn eventually. $1600 for a stroller is very exp, think usually European brand (eg peg perago all these) are more exp. Total i bought the 2 prams for nearly $1k. In fact maclaren Twin stroller cheaper, oni $700+ if i dun remember wrongly, but their seats is smaller then the single ones.

babymaking,
I am not sure of the brand of the playpen, mine is given by my sister, stuck in my storeroom now. I will check later.
happy.gif

Hi ponytail,
A stroller for more than 1k? Are you sure you wanna spend so much on a stroller? I got my capella for 329 which to me is high enuf a price.. Hehe.. Try window shop summore lah.

Hi babymaking,
I can't remember what brand but I bought it at Tangs and it's the only playpen there. They sell it at Taka too but there's a few to choose from. Sorry not helping I know but my playpen is at my mum's.

maykel, merlenna - yar i think $1600 is ridiculous. just joking with my hubby that can buy a good bike already. ok will check out maclaren twin and capella. both sound reasonable

Hi bliss & maykel
My HCG is 122unit at 10 days past ET. A bit worried coz gynae dun see me till 2 weeks later when i finish my pregnyl and Proluton. i am very eager to know whats happening inside my tummy, whether there is a heartbeat, whether it is viable etc...so many worries...

hi 76

that's a good figure, if you are still worried, you can do another hcg blood test, so long the figure doubles every 2 days, it's a viable pregnancy. congrats!

oh yeah, a tip...have to do at the same clinic/lab, cos different labs have different measurements, so must compare apple with apple.

hey bliss & merlenna
take yr time to check out the brand of the playpen, merlenna, do you remember how much u paid for it and what does it come with?

oh yes, my rashes i think is hives or feng mo, cos it came in full force last two nights, been having sleepless nights, woke up at 3am to bathe and apply prickly heat powder. will be seeing the doc tomorrow to get some anti histamines.

for those looking for a one stop bb shopping place

i found the following places and will be visiting them soon (once i am up to it and the doc allows)

Baby kingdom
83 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 #01-00 Shun Li industrial park

Baby Hypermart
69 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 Shun Li Industrial Park

Baby Avenue
Address: 520 Balestier Road,
#01-02 Leong On Building, Singapore 329853
Tel: (65)62536678 Fax: (65)62530283

Maykel,
company can if they need. they just have to pay their 8 week share of maternity pay. jus dunno whether can claim balance 8 weeks from gahmen if kena retrenched not. hope retrenchment come after i go back to work. at least, i get paid for the 16 weeks.
retrenchment is the only worry i have. if kena, no way we can sustain a maid lor. if put at infant care, can at least withdraw or suspend & take care of bb myself. maid got contract cannot anyhow send back.
if get maid, hubby say have to get a heavy safe to put our valuables. if can carry, sekali she carry to her friend to break open or what... sianz... think of a maid, i get headache liao.

hi 76,
welcome!
mine was 900+ on 19dpt. what is yours?
dun worry if u dun hv symptoms. some start late, some dun have while some have those yes/no/maybe kind of symptoms.

babymaking,
i got mine 2nd hand from this forum. brand is baby craft, i think. got it for 50 bucks. quite sturdy when we put it up and shake/add pressure/blah blah
NTUC Fairprice Xtra @ amk hub having offer for lucky baby playpen at 79 bucks, u can hv a look see if around the area. usual price is 99 bucks. but think no changing tray.

ponytail,
ntuc also sell strollers like lucky baby and the sorts, around 100 plus or 200 plus. i feel as long as is sturdy, dun need to be too branded or expensive.

hi babymaking,
i got it for 129 or 139 can't remember exactly, but it comes with changing tray, and mattress. comes in 2 colours green/grey and red/grey. i got the latter. and thanks for the baby shopping locations. hehe.. although most of the bulky items have already been purchased, i might need these address for future.. hehe..

eh ju, not yet, hoping to get clearance tomorrow after seeing the doctor.

been house bound for more than 3 months, i am so going so craxy :p

Hi Maykel/Bliss,
Managed to call the lines to get all the diapers sample? Came across one more sample that you can request, it's Goo.N, a japanese brand. The website is http://www.diapers.com.sg/home.php.
If you want some free sample on the maternal/breastfeeding milk powder, I know Dumex, MeadJohnson and Friso are giving out free sample too. Esp. friso mum is very generous, they give out a sample in a 400g tin.
happy.gif

Hi 76,
My hcg reading was around 1400+ at 17dp2dt. Where did you do your IVF? Your center actually did blood test quite early, in KKH, we only do blood test around 17dpt. So are you schedule to another blood test again after you stop the pregynl and proluton? Have faith and stay happy, your baby will stick to you.
Regarding the constipation, it's ok to consume in early pregnany. I asked my gynae before, he actually suggested me to drink prune juice to relieve constipation too and it works well for me so far.

Hi Babymaking,
Thanks for your information on the one stop baby information. I also rested at home for quite sometimes already. Donno when can go out to shop for baby stuffs. How many weeks are you now?

babymaking,
it's all for the better. i wish i'm grounded. so tired by mid-day yet cannot take too much leave or mc cos company doing 4 day week on ad-hoc basis. need to have AL for them to deduct else become no pay leave!
see you & my baby tomorrow! dun think i can see yours la... haha!

hi cale

me on bed/home rest since positive and now is 11 weeks. hoping to get doc's approval to go out. you are also ordered by doc to rest at home?

ju,
haha, my fats definitely can see! :p will check out the blog, dun mind second hand stuff - need to save.

hi ladies - i had painful calf cramps last night. now both legs got cramps. do you know what i should do when it cramps in the middle of the night ? i'm already taking caltrate and drink milk. i think enough calcium ?

babymaking,
fyi. the playpen looks like the one i got 2nd hand. but dunno what is the condition of this one.
if u intend to buy 2nd hand, see if can get the seller to leave it set-up, so dat u can see whether it is stable and strong or not before deciding to buy it home.
i got mine at 50 as well

Hi juju,
maid? hmmm... consider cheaper than infant care, rt?
how much for maid fee per month? for me, i hope my MIL can take care my bb for 1st 6mth then maybe rotate to my mum... hehehehe ^_^

hi ponytail,
dun worry, i also got cramps both legs at night although i have drink milk and calcium. hehehe ^_^

hi 76,
Congratulations. And welcome to the thread.
My HCG level was 1901 on 17dp2dt. Dun worried too much, be happy and think positively. ^_^

Cale,
yes, I have called all the free sample lines.
What a coincident, I also just happened to surf the website of the Goo.N website and managed to register and request for free sample on the same day too.
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing!
happy.gif

Btw, what is breastfeeding milk powder?

Hi 76,
dont be too worry, your hcg level seems quite good. But how come hcg was measured on 10dpt? Was it progesterone level? For KKHivf, progesterone level is taken on around 7dpt and then hcg level is then taken on final 17dpt to check for pregnancy.
Talk to your embies, tell them to stick to you, ok?
happy.gif
Hang in there.

Ponytail,
I also experience leg cramps once in a while. I think it is not unusual during pregnancy. Maybe you can elevate your legs by putting a pillow or bolster below them. And also try not to stretch your legs too much.
I have been experiencing cramps and aches at the joints between my hips and thighs lately, especially when I am sleeping on my sides at night. Anyone experiences that?

Hi 76,
are you still on pregynl jabs now? The injection will affect your hcg level. So I guess it is no point to look at your hcg level on 10dpt which was probably due to the pregynl jabs. Must wait until pregynl to be flushed out of your body system to confirm if you are pregnant. Perhaps you may want to use hpt at home before your pregnancy blood test if you are really disturbed and worried.
I am quite confused why your gynae only sees you 2 weeks later. You are already more than 10dpt now, right? If have to wait another 2 weeks, will mean you will only know if you are confirmed pregnant around 24dpt?? Why have to wait for so long....

Prune juice is safe to take now. Dont worry about it. Try to take more high fibre food such as cereals, fruits and vege, it helps to prevent constipation.

Jo,
maid shld be cheaper on mthly basis but i think i prefer someone at home to supervise her at least for 6 mths.
ultimately, i still prefer infant care cos i dunno wat a maid will do to bb. at least in infant care, there are more than 1 caregiver & more than 1 pair of eyes.
sianz la...
if ur MIL and mum can rotate and help, it is good lor. my mum working so cannot ask her to help at all.

juju,
dont be sian and worried too much. Sometimes it might be 天意on what things would be like later. Perhaps it is 天意wanting you to take care of your own baby utimately and this will be the best for you and your baby. In fact, it is the best to have own mother taking care of, even grandparents cannot provide what mother can give to the child. It is just so different.
Dont worry too much on the financial part, just have to be more thrifty in various expenses. I am sure that adjustments can always be made. Bear in mind that 船到桥头自然直, sometimes many things can be blessing in disguise.
happy.gif

Bliss,
cannot afford to quit my job. we alrdy calculated dat we need 2 incomes for the basic bills.
see how la. if i quit job, anyone need bbsitter?

juju,
oic...
sad.gif

Anyway, dont feel sian yet, no one knows what will happen in a few months, right? You may somehow receive some help from your family or you may strike toto or 4D and can afford not to work really! :D heeheehee...
Just stay positive first, 天下无难事,只怕有心人mah... (I am so naggy, sorry, cant kick the habit of a teacher. :p)

bliss,
haha... u so optimistic.
can't help it. since preggie, plans keep going topsy turvy. hubby listen to others so much, no matter how others say for their own benefit. very tired.
if dun take his suggestion & something go wrong, i get blamed. if take, i dun feel comfy. very very tired

juju,
ic... understood le. It is inevitable to have lots of changes and plans made. Be prepared to make more changes after baby is born too.
I am quite a fussy and in fact pessimistic person, my mum always remind me to be more easy especially when having baby, or else I will make my life very unhappy.
I am also quite worried about my hubby being the sole breadwinner and me taking care of baby and probably more kids in future. I am worried about whether I can cope well with the very challenging work at home or not, and also the financial and expenditure part. I know I will have to give up a lot of things or comforts, but I guess that is worthwhile lah. There will be a lot of happiness in return, isn't it?
happy.gif

bliss,
i guess when full time take care of bb, not much time to go for luxuries also. more worying is the mthly bills alrdy. not to mention shopping for ownself or wat lor.
bo bian la. hope strike lottery la!

Hi ponytail,
I agree with merlenna that you shld look around 1st. We started looking at strollers very early cos there are so many models around and you need to find 1 that suit ur needs. Must oso think of car boot spacce for 2 strollers and weight etc... Not forgetting you need 2!

Hi 76,
you took ur hcg so early ar, mine was taken at 17 days post ET. Yup, usually after beta will need to wait 2wks to see doc, cos by then is around wk6 when they can scan ur embies. You must be patient and take good care. Unless you dun feel well, eg cramp etc then you make earlier appt to see ur doc. For me i had cramp and spotting at wk5 so made appt to see dr.
Hmm...i dun remember when i started prune juice, but i knew it was quite early. If you worry then wait til later then take, maybe start with half cup 1st.

hi babymaking,
Is ur itch oni to specific area oni or whole body? My itch is from my neck to the sole of my feet. Some area of my body got rshes, but funny thing thing is, those area with no rashes or watever oso very itchy, really dun know wats wrong. Cannot tahan, at nite can't sleep, last nite get up at 3am to bath, not alot of relief thou. 2mr i seeing dr, see wat he can give me.

Hi juju,
oic...so heartless... i think you can take it up to MOM if it really happen *touchwood* ya loh, hope you can at least take the 4mths ML 1st. Anyway, dun think so much for now, just think of ur gal gal ok? ;)

I think maid can send bk if you dun want leh. I going to the maid agency this wkend, if i remember, i ask for you ok?
Ya, tats the problem if you got maid, must take care of ur belongings etc...if you got other choice then dun get, for me i really got no choice leh...
you really wana be babysitter?

Hi Cale,
Yup, managed to call/email all 4 lines and ask for samples hehe...the huggies gal ask if i knew it from Motherhood cos she sais alot of us jad been calling haha....
Actually, i oso had the link for the Goo.N, the reviews all looks good. I had just request for free sample too
happy.gif

wow, you really alot of lobang leh haha....i oso have meadjohnson and friso from the kkh booth tat time, remember?
happy.gif
think i hold on to the rest for now, too many liao, dun know how to choose kekeke...BTW, i'm actually thinking of sticking to Anmum, cos i'm taking their materna milk, now finish liao, if i get 1 more, think i cannot finish by delivery, you think its ok that i buy lactating one and start now instead?

hi juju,
same same. same like your, i also cant quit. need 2 income.. ^_^
yea, i also dun trust maid. But oh, infant care really expensive for PR. hehehehe ^_^

Maykel,
dunno wat will happen. nvr seen such things happening in this company before. even the old staff also say 1st time we hv plant shut down. alrdy 3rd day after CNY. 2 days in last week of jan, 1 day next monday. scary...
if kena retrenched, then might as well stay at home to take care of bb mah. shld be able to manage jus 1 more bb, to earn some $$ to pay bills.
i'm hoping hubby agree to infant care, i feel better. at least the caregivers shld be more professional. i scared of maids. horror stories more than good stories.

Jo,
u called up alrdy? confirm u cannot get subsidy? then at least 1.2-1.3k leh... ex siah...

Hi juju,
Think maybe its the recession tats why ur co. shutdown the plant to do budgeting etc. Dun think so much 1st. The most find a new job after ML loh...have confidence in ur ability.
Ya, actually i oso really not keen on maid, but bo bian, cos if i send 2 babies to infantcare oso very exp wor...then at nite can't take care of both by myself...i dun want to disturb hubby at nite oso, cos his work very stress and need concentration and he works shift oso.

Back