IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

hi 76 and cale,
i agree with you, i think i will probably wait till end of the first trimester to share with friends and relatives.
i think those who have been through ivf tend to be a bit more cautious about everything! our pregnancies are so much more precious to us.

Hi merlenna,
Thanks for your warm welcome. Hope everything will go well for your babies.

Hi Maykel,
Also hope everything will turn out fine. Take care.

Hi Cale, Cribby & 76

So far only boss know. Cos take so many mc, feel better let me boss know. The rest of the pple, I think can wait till end of 1st trimester. Cribby & 76, When is your scan?

Hi Bliss
I also have back pelvic bone pain during my 4th and 5th week. Even when sit down also pain. But can especially feel it when getting out of bed. But now , the pain already gone by 80%

bliss - like making a felt cloth story book. i saw it once on martha stewart website and thought quite cute. but that was long time ago. and how abt a baby blanket, and the baby bean bag

ponytail,
thanks for the suggestions. I quite bantang now, dare not do any sewing during pregnancy. Heehee... anyway no sewing machine at home. :p
Just started my teaching of chinese classics to baby from today onwards. Will tell more stories to him too.

hi bliss,
i think its BH contractions lah from what you describe. I have it too more often now in the 3rd tri. its really when the tummy gets so hard and a bit lopsided sometimes for me. i would feel either on the right side or the left side. and i can have them either lying, sitting, standing or walking. usually while walking i will slow down coz can't move that fast.

so far its just that its uncomfortable not to the point of being so painful. but its getting more frequent now for me..

merlenna,
thanks for sharing. Since BH contractions is also known as false labour, I wonder if real labour contractions are also similar, besides more painful and regular. The first time I experienced BH contractions, I thought I had eaten too much, how come my tummy felt so full and tight... heehee...

Hi ladies,
Thanks for all your concern. I went to see dr loh today as instructed. He say that my bld test results for liver and uric acid is not so good and its an indication for pre-eclampsia. He did some more bld test for me today and 1 of it is a more detailed Liver function test.

I did ask him whether can reduced any medication or not as the many med could be possible cause of poor liver function. He said the possible med that could cause liver problem is the progesterone tablet. But he say must weigh the pro and cons, if i stop taking, then my contractions may increase and which is not good oso. So eventually we decide to keep to the med, he oso gave me asprin to control the BP, cos today is 144/82. my fetal scan had been brought forward to next wk and i need to see dr loh again next wk.
BTW, both my babies' head are down and the lower one had engaged already and is very low. Dr loh say now just got to tahan until contractions very bad or water bag burst then deliver, which can be anytime from now. Anyway, he keep saying can tahan til now is good enough already.....

Hi Bliss,
You so good gal ar, nvr take canned food, me likes to eat luncheon meat leh hehe....
I belief wat you are experiencing could be BH, cos they are actually tightening of teh womb without pain. They are actually oso known as false labour and are helping ur womb to prepare for real labour. My BH contractions gradually become painful when i was 22wks, tats when i realised that it is real contractions when accompanied with pain, so must look out for it if got pain with tightenings.
Usually they can occur anytime of the day, regardless of wat you are doing. I oso used to had it more when i'm sleeping at nite, cos was thinking the tummy seems flatter when lying down and so the BH seems more obvious?
Thanks for ur hugz
happy.gif

Me CRIB since late dec, basically every day wake up, eat, surf net, watch TV, nap, talk, read and on music for babies. My main problem is that i can't sleep at nite due to my body itch, some more i am taking my contaction med faithfully, so middle of the nite 2am must take then 8am gotta wake up and take again. So basically i did not have a good rest every nite, partly oso due to my body itch.
You can't go out oso? If i can go out, i would like to go to library and read, but i'm basically stuck at home...think we are basically doing the same things haha....except that i dun cook. I oso can't think of any other things to do leh.....

Maykel,
oh dear, one of your gals has engaged already! So fast...
You are 28 weeks now? Must really tahan, you have come so far le, you will definitely give birth after 30 weeks at least.
You probably need to make sure your confinement lady is ready for you if you really deliver early.

I only go out with my hubby during weekends, I dont go out alone since pregnant.
happy.gif

Then lately, I become tired so easily, will want to rest at home after a few hours outside.
So your body itch still unbearable now? Manage to curb it in a way?

Maykel,
only can say rest more! yes, shop online also good. can see yet dun need to go out.
u inform CL dat u may deliver anytime alrdy?
at least u r 28 wks liao... really very good le

Kaira
My scan is next Tues..Anxious and nervous...Hoping things will turn out fine...Keep my fingers and toes crossed.. My wish is to have twins..then next year i will take 1 yr no pay leave...though must tighten belt

Hi Bliss and juju,
ya, i will try to tahan, just hope that my PE is not so serious and would not affect the babies. I was thinking no need to tell the CL yet, cos i really preterm, doc say babies need to stay NICU oso. So if i'm discharge from hospital, my mum can cook the confinement food for me. No point asking the CL to come cos babies not back yet. Wait til babies are back home then decide if we still need her or not.

Bliss, ya, its better that you un go out alone, nvr know when some clumsy pple may bump into you. My body still itchy, nvr seems to get better no matter wat i do leh, oh, got 1 nite i buay tahan and took the chloraphrenamine and it does felt a bit better, but i try not to take so much.

Hi cribby,
Sorry, think i had forgotten to welcome you to the thread, so pre-occupoed with problems lately. Hope your scan would go well and have a smooth pregnancy!
happy.gif

Hi 76,
All the best for your scan. Ur co. allow you to take NPL for 1 yr?

hey maykel

glad that you are back home. what did dr loh say abt yr rash & itchiness?

i am also having the same kind of itchiness - all over the body, used the milterm that dr loh gave but no effect. also taking those yellow tabs but all it does is make me sleepy.

i can't imagine having to survive the next 6 months with this itchiness.

cale,
i am not working, on bed rest since tested positive and now doc gave the go ahead for normal activities but now i am limited by the rashes/itchiness/sleepiness caused by the meds. scratching like no body business - kinda unsightly to go out. how many more months do you have till giving birth?

bliss
how about scrap booking? I am thinking to start a pregnancy journal and another for baby's first year.

merlenna
i tried the aqueous cream but it didn't work for me. it resulted in the skin turning into black patches - think it;s burnt
sad.gif

Hi 76,
I think Dorothy is back from her leave. Saw her working on monday. Wow your scan next tuesday. Its going to be a very exciting experience for you. I remembered I cried when I saw the heartbeat. Something thats missing from my last ivf. Its a miracle =D

Hi Maykel,
Hope you can tahan. Try to really stay on bed all the time. If can, you just do your business on bed too.

Hi Cribby,
Welcome to the thread and hope you have a smooth pregnancy.

Hi Bliss,
Im getting tired easily too and always need to take extra hours in the morning to sleep. Usually I will sleep till 10.30 before I go to work. I took part-time job in a clinic as accountant. What Maykel say is true, better dun go out alone, in case other people will accidentally bump you.

Hi Emma,
Im now 30 weeks. Think my baby is going to be big size like his daddy. Still thinking between natural and c-section. Hehehe still cannot make up my mind in this.

hi kaira,
my scan is next weds... have you been for your week 6 scan this week?

hi maykel,
thanks for the welcome! sorry i still haven't learned about the conditions you are facing, but i really hope all goes well for you and your babies! i've met a few preterm babies, one boy was 8 weeks preterm. they were all doing well at preschool age, a little smaller in size but full of life. it's inspiring to see how much stronger these children are from constantly fighting all odds to grow and flourish.

hi imel,
thank you! wow you have come so far now, hope you have a smooth labour!

Immel
Yah,me will cry, i think...coz the last scan from week 5-8, cant see anything.. So thats why if this time really can see heartbeat, i will be v touched.

Maykel
I am working in govt sector, so can take 1year NPL...since govt promoting birthrate, so shldnt they take the lead? Hahaha....

Hi ladies
Anything preggies in 1st trimester can eat or cant eat? can provide a list of must eat and no-no food? Coz when i go out eat with frens, i tend to eat 'safe' food, which can be boring...so tot if i can have some ideas, then dun have to worry.

Hi cribby,
I'm going tomorrow. Don't know whether the doc will give us the scan. Last Wednesday cos visit 24 hr, so went KK private suite to have a look. Very very crowded.

Hi 76,
Once u saw your bb heartbeat, you will feel so relieve and happy. All your worries seems to have gone away. That time, only I saw the scan. Hubby didn't see it as he is sitting outside. Maybe you can ask your hubby to see it too.

Kaira
My hubby cant go this time coz my apptmt is in the afternoo and he has got a meeting. So, next time probably... really hope can see something....cross and cleared so many hurdles from egg collection to transfer to 2ww to positive,now i just wan a smooth pregnancy

hi ladies,

here's my story: -

03 feb 4 pm - see crystal light spots and realised foamy urine for the past few days. suspect high blood pressure and protein in urine - signs of preclampsia. called gynae for next day appointment

04 feb 11 am - see gynae and have blood pressure taken and urine tested - both BP and protein too high. gyane asked me "lets have your babies out tonight". i was stunned but agreed since he said that i should not wait anymore. at the same time im excited. Informed hubby, ready to go.

04 feb 1 pm - go home and have a good hair wash and bath(i know i will not be able to do so for a long time after that). get the bag and ready to proceed.

04 feb 4 pm - admission at tmc and rested in the ward. meanwhile nurse came to insert something to clear my bowels. nothing much cos i already done on the same day.

04 feb 7 pm - being pushed to the operating theatre. due to high BP, gynae suggested GA instead of epidural (a bit disappointed but hubby want me to be safe). knocked out in a few miniutes. hubby waited anxiously outside the ot.

04 feb 730 pm - babies are out. interval of 1 min. hubby saw them. girl out first weighing 2.1kg and boy second at 2.4kg

04 feb 830 pm - awake from GA and see my babies already cleaned up and neatly dressed. carry them and took pictures with them.

05 feb - fully rested on bed with all the drips and cather. but still managed to breast feed

06 feb - first time get out of bed, super painful

07 feb - discharged together with my twins.

now - busy feeding them and changing their diapers. at the same time enjoying their every smiles and reactions.

Hi Juju,
Did doctor reply you already? Got feeling better?

Hi Bliss,
Usually I wake up quite late and spend sometimes to work from home in the afternoon, at the same time, surf net and do online shopping too. Also, will spend sometimes to read up the daily newspaper. All these can took me quite a number of hours. Looks like you spend on a lot of activities too, should be able to occupy your time fully bah. May be you want to try online shopping, I think it's quite fun too, since we can't go out.

Hi Kaira, Cribby,
Agreed it's indeed a very tough journey for us to conceive, the feeling of seeing the heart beat, it's just so amazing and bless. Good luck to both of you and have a smooth pregnancy ahead.

Hi Babymaking,
It's good that you are not working and can have a total rest without any stress from work. Although I on hospitalisation leave quite a long time, but still feel a bit stress and pai seh, that's why try to work from home as far as I can. I am currently 28 weeks, another 12 weeks to go
happy.gif

Hi Maykel,
Would they call you up to inform you on the blood test result that you did today? How about your glucose blood test, got the result already? Do you still need to go down hospital again to have the 4 hour BP monitoring? Did doctor order the steroid jab for you to boost baby lung development?

Your baby so fast engaged already, do you feel your bump getting lower now? It must be more difficult for you to walk now.

Just follow what doctor said on the medication, have to trust him. I also still on progesterone, will ask him if i should continue to take since it might affect the liver.

Did you pay the confinement lady any deposit? If you decided not to engage her later, would your deposit be forfeited?

Rest well and have a good rest. Now CRIB is extremely important, try to have complete CRIB as much as possible. I am sure this will help you to tahan longer. Jia you, we are all rooting for you!!

Hi YCK,
Congrats to you! All the pain and endurance paid off when you see your babies smile and kicking. Your babies are of very good weight. Do they look like yourself or hubby? Do you have full breastfeeding now? Is the supply enough for your twins? Need to mix with milk powder occasionally? Wish you a speedy recovery and good confinement to 'bu' your body. Looking forward to your sharing of your babies photo
happy.gif

Hi 76,
Think probably try not to drink cold drinks, pineapple, coconut, fruits that considered "cold". Hehehe but as for me, during the first few mths of pregnancy if I can eat its a bless already. Try not to restrict too much on your diet and enjoy the food when you still have the appettite coz once the morning sickness attack you, you just wish to eat without vomiting. My MS came when I was in 9weeks.

Maykel,
Have you think of being hospitalized to ensure that you will be able to tahan more than 32 weeks? I remember my cousin who carried tripple practically stayed in hospital for 5 mths in order to ensure that she can carry the babies to full terms.

yck - congrats ! sounds really smooth and plain sailing. you mention foamy urine. uh oh, my urine also a bit cloudy and a bit foamy, a bit worried now...

yck,
your labour was smooth and safe, so glad for you.
happy.gif
Do you have any difficulty supplying breastmilk? Sufficient supply?
It is really very nice and happy to hear about story like yours, with a daughter and a son back home now, so blissful....
happy.gif

Maykel,Imel,
yes, that is why I dont go out alone. My hubby also feels unsafe for me.
happy.gif

Cale,
it seems I have lots of things to do at home, but it can be quite boring at times. I seldom shop online le, almost none since pregnant, coz i am not working and I had also taken no pay leave for a year even before I went for ivf, so no income for quite sometime le, cant afford to spend money, must be thrifty...
happy.gif

hi babymaking,
He didn't mentioned the cause of rashes, oni told me that he had seen worse cases. He oni gave me Milderm, i think its soothing for shower, but not as lotion. But if use for shower, really use up very fast, within 4days i use up half the small bottle already. Ya, i oso took yellow tablet once oni. Initially i thot its due to dryness so i put lotion all over body, but still no use. Let's just hope they would be better soon. BTW, do you have itch at ur soles and palms too?
Ur itch started so early, mine started 2wks ago and i find it so intolerable already...hope we can find a way to make the itch better. But the funny thing the itch appears at areas without rashes, those ares with rashes are in fact not so itchy (??)

Hi Imel,
Ya, now i got 2 things to tahan, 1 is to tahan the itch and the other more impt one is to keep the babies in the womb longer. But good thing is they are both still hyperactive hehe....
happy.gif

oh, last nite i suddenly got very painful contractions a few times but they were in interval of 30mins, so not so bad, lucky i'm due to take med soon, so i took it 30mins earlier and the contractions were better.
I can't do businesses in bed, must go toilet leh....
Tat time dr loh did mentioned abt staying in hospital til delivery if my contactions are very bad. But when i saw him yest, he did not mentioned already. Think maybe he felt that its ok now that i have arrived in my 28wks.

Hi juju,
Yes, CL is to help with confinement, mainly to cook for mummies and care for babies, esp at nite. So if i'm discharge and babies are still in hospital, then i oni need someone to cook for me, which my mum can do. No point having CL just to cook for me and sleep at nite, i think its a waste of money. The most we decide whether to have her here when babies comes back, else just waste the $300 deposit.

hi cribby,
No worries lah, you would know more as time goes by, we all started new and clueless too
happy.gif
Thanks for your concern and encouraging examples.

Hi 76,
oic....ya, you are right, ur org shld take the lead in encouraging childbirth, else can feedback to PM Lee haha.....
Rgding the food, cos i had very bad ms and vomitting in my 1st tri, so i dun care, i just eat watever my tummy can accept. Some pple say cannot take cold drinks or even honey etc, but i've taken them all hehe...i think its better not to restrict urself so much, else you can't enjoy the pregnancy. If you really worried then just go easy on the cold drinks.
I agree with Imel that shld just avoid cooling food and another thing you shld avoid is caffeine drinks like coffee, coke etc.

Hi yck,
Ur whole delivery seems smooth-going, very happy for you. The crystal light you mentioned, i oso had it since 2wks ago, around the same time as the dark colored urine (protein). Does the crystal indicate anything? Cos i didn't mentioned them to dr.

Hi Cale,
If the bld test is abnormal, they would call me. I forgot to ask abt the OGTT results, guess either the result not ready yet or its normal, cos dr loh didn't mention oso. Oh yes, dr loh change the monitoring to fri instead since he just saw me yest. I already had the 2 steriod jabs(IM dexa) last mth, think i did mentioned here, maybe you forgot lah hehe....

urmm...i had always felt that my bump is low leh but now its heavier. Oh yes, i'm walking like a penguin now, sometimes can lost my balance leh, very clumsy now. SOme more my ankle and knee joints are swollen and painful, but dr loh said its due to the weight so cannot do anything.

Wat is the dosage of ur progesterone? Mine is 2 tablets 2x/day.

I paid the CL $300 deposit oni, so not so bad. Cannot take back, consider it her kopi money loh.
Thank you for your support
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
For those who are into online shopping, can take a look at the dresses from this link. I had just got 1 last wk and it fits me very nicely even with my big tummy
happy.gif
definitely can wear after delivery. Wana order more but so many nice designs, diff to choose. Actually i found the link from another moderator but i'm unable to paste the actual link here.
http://springcloset.multiply.com/photos/album/33

hi Cale and Maykel,
I just received 2 drypers, 2 huggies ultra and 1 GOO.N diapers from letterbox. Have you two received already?
happy.gif

hi maykel

i just saw the doc at the national skin centre today, he gave a 2 week course of steroids and steroid cream to apply. He's not too sure if it's body reaction to stress to pregnancy hormones or allergy to aspirin or duphaston/progesterone. so will do a skin biopsy 2 weeks later if it still doesn't clear.

i have rashes on over 25% of the body now, now scratching like mad, till bleeding & peeling. from scalp, to face to sole, palms, esp worse at upper arms and shoulders and yes...abdomen area and thighs.

It's really strange, cos he thought it was PUPP but it's way too early for PUPP as PUPP is only from 3rd tri. yr case may be PUPP. PUPP usually clears upon delivery...so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

if it's really bad, can check with dr Loh if he's ok with you taking steriods to ease the itch, but i guess at this point, the itch is the least of your worries.

Hi Bliss,
ha, i have not started on actually doing it yet but have some ideas which i got from this site...http://www.ehow.com/how_1698_create-special-pregnancy.html

i plan to make my own scrapbook from coloured paper and bind them when it's completed, that way can put as many pages as required, than buying a ready made scrapbook. psst, it's also cheaper.

maybe we can share ideas as we go along. i will get started once i stop scratching :p

Hi Bliss,
I had received drypers and huggies oso, still waiting for mamy poko, fitti and GooN.

Hi babymaking,
Did ur dr recommend you to skin centre or you just walk-in urself? Is it safe to take steriod at this early stage? So serious until must do biopsy ar.....
ya ya, me too, scratch like mad until sometimes got bleeding, me oso loh, from neck to soles all itchy. I ask dr already, mine is not PUPP. Yes, you are right, the itch and even my stretch marks that are starting to appear had been pushed to the back of my mind already...now oni trying to hold me 2 babes for as long as possible.

babymaking - i'm making a scrap book too. but right now its is only my pregnancy journal to record what i feel and unusual events.

today i went shopping for clothes and the salesgirl was altering a top for me, and she told me cannot use scissors and sew anything during this time. uh oh, i cut a lot of things for CNY decorations and making my preg journal already. i only thought cannot cut or sew on the bed.

ponytail,
not that serious ba, you still need to trim your nails, right? How can not use scissors? Just dont do sewing lor.
happy.gif

Hi Bliss/Maykel,
I have received the dypers, Goo.N and the mamy poko. Still waiting for Fitti and Huggies.
happy.gif

Hi Maykel,
I think your OGTT result should be a good one, that's why no update from them
happy.gif
Your monitoring appointment is on this fri or next fri?
Hee, then you better try not to walk except going to toilet, cannot afford to fall off balance at this point of time.
Yeah, agreed with you, if just need to do confinement for yourself, probably your mum can help. The confinement lady you agreed to pay her how much last time? Is it $2800? If just for taking care of babies, think it's a bit too expensive already. See how it goes, if needed, may be you can discuss with her and see if she willing to reduce the price as the scope of work is different now.
I remembered you had steroid jabs before, just wondering if you need more of this jabs to boost babies lung development mah.
Btw, thanks for the link for the online shopping. The clothes looks very nice. Very tempted to buy
happy.gif
. How's the clothes material like? Take how long to deliver to you? You opted for registered or normal mail?

Maykel,
ya, agreed with Cale, maybe you should negotiate with your CL to reduce the charges since she will not need to take care of you if you have early delivery.
happy.gif

Cale, Maykel,
I am waiting for Fitti and Mamypoko now.
happy.gif

Maykel,

Please hang on... You can do it ... The more you hang on the better it is for your babies.. Your faith and love will help you cross all obstacles...

Yck,

Congrats to you!! That was a real smooth delivery.. Enjoy real motherhood now..

Bliss,

My EDD should be 3-4 weeks away from you, really hope i can be like Miss Hae, tahan till my 35 - 36 weeks. But come to think of it.. if i can finish my 32 weeks line, i already grateful already..Lets all JIA YOU!!

Thanks Imel and Maykel for the list of food.

Imel, when is your next checkup with Prof? What are you expecting to see?

Kaira, really hope to be able to c heartbeat like you..so exciting..5 more days......countdown

hi kaira,
all the best on your scan tomorrow! like 76 i'm also really eager to see the heartbeat...
it will just make it all so real - that at that point in time there is another life inside us!
i wish i had an ultrasound machine at home. haha. they'll give you a picture to keep right?

Kaira
How is your scan?
Cribby
Your scan is 1 day after mine... i dare not search on baby stuff, e.g. maternity clothes, bb names, maids, etc...nothing coz nothing is confirmed, so i dare not think too much otherwise too high hope scared will crash.

hi Babymaking..
i would like to ask you some questions on your previous hysteroscopy
can you pm me your e-mail address please. or active your pm..thanks

Hi 76 & cribby,
Saw Dr loh SF today. I told him have been having greenish muscus. He says I have some infection and gave me femine wash. He also advise me to take yalkult and yogult to get rid of the infection. Dr loh seems quite open minded even say I can drink cold water (but I won't, hee hee). Did a tummy scan. Ya. Saw a oval shap and the yolk. Tummy scan unlike v scan can't really see clearly the heartbeat but Dr says have. I was inform that I'm week 7, EDD 30th Sept 09. Surprise. Do update me when you have yr scan and yr EDD. Excited for both of you too
happy.gif
Cribby, I also hope can have the scan at hme , as and when can see my baby heehee. 76, mine colleague used to tell me don't have to start on baby stuff too early, she quite old - so superstitious, I kiasu so will listen to her too
happy.gif

Hi 76,
Im not with Prof Ng, Im with Dr. SF Loh. My next check up will be 3 weeks time that is on 27.

Hi Kaira,
Congratulations. Its a good news to see yolk. I think the next scan you will see the heartbeats.

Back