IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Hi Pleasance,
wow, time travels fast, you are in your 5th months, happy for you.
happy.gif

Thanks, I am doing fine. However, was not able to get back to sleep last night when I woke up at 4am when baby was kicking hard and playing inside. I was wide awake and trying to change my sleeping positions to make baby quiet down but also no use. Haha! So it was until 6am when baby went back to sleep and I finally could sleep for a couple of hours then. :p

I can understand the discomforts while walking, especially you are carrying twins. I am only carrying singleton, I am already experiencing tiredness and aching when I just go outside and walk for a while. I am only 6 months plus now. Hang in there still, these are small discomforts, I always think about I am feeling the aching and tiredness because I am having my own baby, and this is what I wish and long for so much, so I must still be happy about it... hahah! Stay positive and happy, just think about how comfortable and happy your twins are feeling inside your womb now, though it has been quite tedious for this period.
happy.gif

Hi 76
You should sms or call Prof even u hv the slightest qns abt your pregnancy. That's what Im doing even the slightest discomfort Im experiencing. And prof is also very prompt with replying. Guess it's not the proluton nor pregnyl that cause the bloatedness but more on the hormone jabs that we b4 ET. I lost 3kg during the 1st trimester but then oh boy now I put on a whoopy 21kg...haha,lucky all the weight goes to the tummy not on my face or arms...
To the constipation problem, think most of the us in this experienced that,drink lots of water and eat yogurt and see if it helps,otherwise sms Prof and ask him.
Me expecting a boy and a girl.

Hi Merlenna
Are you on maternity leave now? Dun worry about anything now but look forward for the birth of your bb soooooooooon. Prepared all the baby stuffs yet?

Hi Maykel
Ya lor, it's such a headache to choose a maid. Both previous are filipinas. I took some bio-data from agency and their nos.,I called a few of them(phone interview),same thing like yours, everyone of them will only know how to say 'yes,mum'. Also dunno what to do...sigh

Hi pleasance
U feel discomfort in the tummy area or? During my 2nd trimester, besides feeling heavy on the tummy and can't walk for more than an hour or 2, I do get legs comfort. But now not only I can't walk for more than half an hr, I also feel pain in my pelvic area as if they are dropping.... Did you know the gender of your bbs yet?

Hi Imel
How many wks are u now? Your bb weigh 1.4kg, that's a good weight.

Maykel,
I feel worried and concerned about your blood test results. It is indeed sian to hear that. Is it still possible to tahan until 34 or 35 weeks? Why doc loh said he doesnt expect you can tahan till 32 weeks? Really so bad meh? I am also concerned about babies' conditions if deliver so soon, should be fine too, right?
Will pray for you, I will probably going to the Joo Chiat temple this week to pray to Guanyin and the goddness of birth and fertility, zhu sheng niang niang. Must pray to her thoughout the pregnancy for a smooth delivery too.

haiz... think hubby decided on getting a maid. din even ask if i ok with it or not. seriously, i really prefer infant care. piangz!

Hi juju,
dont be sian, your hubby cares for you alot, doesnt want you to be too tired after delivery mah.
happy.gif
Having maid has many advantages too, you will not need to be bothered by all the housework anymore, and your house will be very clean every single day since the maid has to do cleaning everyday.
happy.gif
Furthermore, you have one helper in taking care of baby, you will not feel paisei to ask maid to do this and that for baby, you wont be too stressed up in a way.
Just have to be clear and firm(die die cannot be too lenient and give too much freedom and rights, may sound unfeeling but this works!) when dealing with maid. May spend some time to get maid settle down in your house, but you will definitely learn to manage maid well after some time at initial stage.

Can understand your other concerns, but I still think infant care not as good too. Think at the positive side anyway.
happy.gif

Hi Imel,
haha..oic....anyway, its really good to have someone share ur burden.
Thank you, and Yes, we'll get thru it all!
happy.gif

Hi pleasance,
Where is ur discomfort area, is it the tummy? If its the tummy then it could be ur tummy stretching. And as you are having twins, ususlly the tummy is heavier and the weight may seems to be pulling you down. Tats why I bought a maternity support belt when i was in my 5th mth, it does helps to a certain extend.

Hi ponytail,
I really envy you gals who can go shopping...me CRIB at home, can oni shop online....have you really decide that you need a twin stroller? I nvr recce for cot bed cos my fren giving me 1 and some frens are buying the other 1 for me, i will let them decide. But i think they are getting Farlin, cos their white cots are very nice, think abt $368.
Is ur mil paying for the 2nd maid or are you the one paying? If your hubby agreeable then no choice oso hor?

Hi Emma,
Yest i went thru the Nation website again and find that there is a maid which might be more suitable for us. Now i'm trying to get the lady to change for us. I think sat my hubby and i were both very tired, tats why we just take watever the lady recommend, now i find myself so foolish.
I think the maid agency oni want to input their beliefs into our choice of maid. Cos i just spoke to her abt the one that we had chosen but the lady 1st reaction is ask me not to take as this maid is 38yrs old. But we chose her as she got experience in caring for babies. The agency oso imposed her thinking on us not to take filipino. So tired of it all, think we just make our own decisions and not listen to her liao.

By the way, those maids that you called are transferred maid who are in Singapore or are they new ones still in Philippines?

Hi bliss,
Ya, me oso very worried leh, hope i dun get any phonecalls from KKH this wk, cos got problem then they would call, no problem theywon't call.
Dr loh say he dun think i can last even til 34wks, the way he say is like, anytime from now....actually i felt abit scared now, cos suddenly like so fast want to deliver liao...not prepared leh. Oh, dr loh not optimistic cos my cervix length is short to begin with and i'm still having contractions. Furthermore, i may have potential complications coming up now. Dr loh did mentioned that at least its a good sign that babies are at least 1kg now. But if deliver oso sure have to stay in NICU. Thank you so much for praying for me
happy.gif

Hi juju,
Think you better have a good talk with hubby if you dun feel comfortable with the maid, cos else she come oso you gotta face her daily and stay with her leh.

Hi Everyone

Its been awhile.. I'm currently in my six week. This wednesday will be visiting Dr loh at his TPS for my first check up with him. Last week , I experience some spotting but now everything is fine. Pregnancy is a long journey full of worries. But I tell myself I want to continue with my life as normal as possible. Only manage to think through this during my mc at home. Hope you ladies have a happy pregnancy journey.

Hi 76,

Congrats to you. Hope things will go smoothly for u.

Bliss,
after looking at the maids his bro & sis had over the years, i dun dare to expect cleanliness in the house nor good care for my bb. dat is why i'm against maids. but since he want a maid so much, let it be lor. i wun pay.

Maykel,
my gf says get older ones, cos likely they went thru it all & sick of fun, more experienced. but, they may be more scheming and authoritative.
no point talking to him. i alrdy put across i'm not comfy wif maid, but everyday he try to psycho me to agree to get maid. so, now i jus yes everything. dun care liao.

Hi juju,
Its true oso, cos those younger ones still wana play. Initially i want to find late 20s or early 30s but dun have leh. So i thot try this 38yrs old, she seems motherly, hope she's not too authoritative...
oic....then if you agree liao, then have to try to convince urself to accept the maid. At least get involve in the choosing process to find one tat you can accept. Dun get upset over it, we have more things to think abt, right?
happy.gif
Be happy!

hi all,

i'm about 5 weeks pregnant now after ivf, but no symptoms! anyone else like me? don't really feel pregnant at all! can't wait for my first scan next week...

btw is anyone delivering at mt. alvernia?

Hi Kaira,
Did you go for hospital to have a check up after you experience the spotting? You should be able to see your baby sac and heartbeats during your coming visit. All the best.

Hi Cribby,
I did not experience much morning sickness, no bloated, no sore breast and only vomitted once during my first trimester. So it really depends on individual. However, did experience a few episodes of bleeding and was put on higher dosage of progesterone and on the proluton jabs to stablised the pregnancy. As long as you don't have spotting or bleeding, your baby should be growing safely in your womb. Don't worry too much, just enjoy now and count yourself luckly don't have to endure the morning sickness. You next scan will turn out fine. Good luck!

Hi Juju,
Since your hubby already decide on getting a maid. May be just think positive. Who knows you might get a good one. So now you should start to think of how to manage your maid. Think it's very important to guide them right especially in the beginning. I did not manage maid on my own as I am staying with mil, like imel, my mil incharge of the household even before i married. So I just let her decide and do what she want.
From my observation, it's very important to set their expectation right in the begining. Like what Bliss mentioned, cannot be too easy to them, they will climb over your head. You must tell them your expectation and give them the time schedule what they suppose to do and of course, it's good that either yourself or hubby can monitor her as closely as possible. Once in a while, if need to treat them nicely, they will appreciate what you did for them and work harder and respect you more.

Hi Maykel,
I read on the link that you posted. Looks like it's only a cause of concern if it's serious. What did doctor loh say when you bring this to his attention? Part of the test to confirm this is the liver related blood which i believed doctor loh already ordered for you. If your blood test result on liver turn out fine, then you can safely rule out this. Don't worry too much for now, wait for your blood test result first. Really hope this do not add to your worries. Btw, did doctor prescribe any medicine for you to relieve your itchiness? Is it still very itchy now?
Regarding the maid, I also not sure if older one better. The indo maid that worked for us is quite young when she came to sg, think about 17 years old. Think that time still innocent and fresh and easy to train and set her mindset right. She do not allow to go out and mix around with others to influences her unnecessary, but we compensated her in monetary term. After working for about 7 years She actually quite mature now, do not spend things on unnecessary things like hp. Only get an international calling card and ask us to help her make call to her hometown occassionaly and over years, she had saved quite a lot and sent a lots of money home. She even bought a paddy field and a new home for herself back in her hometown. For older maid, coz they have been through more things and their mindset is not that easy to change, but I agreed that they should be more experience la. For us, we would not get the filipino maid, as they in general are more educated, have higher ego and more difficult to train her to work in your way.

Bliss
Times flies, we're getting closer and closer to the finishing line btw when is ur EDD? ur baby boy is really active, kicking mummy in the middle of the night =)when did u first get ur baby kick? till today my tummy is still feeling calm.whahah. During my last scan doc confirmed a boy, the other gender still unknown, hoping for a girl
happy.gif
Have u confirmed ur confinement lady alreadi?

Maykel,yck,Emma
i feel pain in my pelvic area everytime i walk. I hope its normal. I'm so afraid of early labour and baby cannot survive. Wonder if its due to my low laying palcenta?

cribby
not too worry. For some pregnancy symptoms dun delvelop so early. I din get any symptoms till abt 8-10 weeks. Most importantly eat well and rest well and all will be well.

Hi Cale,
I really hope that the blood results would be ok too. Dr loh does not seems to think it could be a liver problem when i told him, maybe i did not emphasized the symptoms to him oso. But i just sent him an email and ask if i shld reduced the med or not, since all teh problems started when the med dose was increased b4 CNY. Meanwhile i can tahan with watever symptoms, but just very worried abt affecting my babies....

My whole body from the neck to the sole of my feet is extremely itchy. Nothing i put or do seems to relief it. Sometimes there's no rashes in the area, but its just very itchy loh. Even my breasts are sore from the scratching, but i am already trying hgard not to scratch already....Dr loh oni gave me Milderm, it can be use with water for showering or use dry as a lotion. I find it soothing to use it for shower but it does not seems to relief much as an application.

Wow, ur maid so young when she came to work with you ar. But at least now you dun have to worry abt maid issue. Actually i oso prefer indo as they are known to be more guai, but i think communication is a big issue. I agree with you rgding filipino, the oni gd thing abt them is they can speak English.

Hi pleasance,
Think your pelvic is pain due to the weight you are carrying in the tummy. Dun worry so much, maybe can check with the doc on ur next appt. Try to rest more since you have low-lying placenta.

pleasance,
yes, we are getting closer to seeing our babies in person.
happy.gif
I am indeed looking forward to the day. My EDD is 27 May. Yours?
Yes, I guess babies have tendency to wake up at night as mothers are sleeping that time and they feel no motion and quiet around. I read that babies tend to sleep more when mothers walking around as the movements serve like rocking bed to make babies sleep. Heehee...
Yes, I have confirmed a confinement lady in my 3 month, very kiasu me.
happy.gif

Congrats having 1 boy! If the other is girl, it will be so wonderful hor.
happy.gif
Plan to 'close factory' after that?
happy.gif

Btw, you are having low lying placenta too? What did your doc say about it? I have it too, but my doc said still have chance for it to move up, so hopefully it will.

cribby,
welcome to the thread. Congrats!
happy.gif

No worry about having symptoms or not, same as what I told 76, you must rest well, eat well and stay happy this period. Just look forward to seeing your little ones in the coming scan.
happy.gif

juju,
dont think negatively anyway. The maid will learn to make your house clean and tidy up to your standard, but that will need you and your hubby to teach and guide, coz maids dont really know how to clean house well even after some simple training at the agency. Must really slowly get to know their mentality, very different from us since their backgrounds are very different from us. Cannot expect them to learn fast too, but must really TEACH them lor.
happy.gif

From both my sisters' feedback, it has really been a great help from their maids over these years when both of them and their hubbies have to work. But of course never let the maid alone at home or only with your baby, must have someone around. If not, bring baby and the maid to your in laws or parents for a while when you need to be away to attend to anything.

Maykel,
I agreed with Cale, getting older maids have disadvantages too. Sometimes younger ones are better, as they have more energy to work, no other family commitments at their hometown and easier to accept the instructions you give.
My eldest sis's very first maid was 30 over years old, with 3 kids(all less than 10 years old) in Philipines. This maid was listless whole day and sleepy everyday as though my sis ill treated her and never let her sleep enough. She kept thinking of her own kids and did not do her job well. She always cry whenever my sister corrected her mistakes at work and then still didnt improve after that. So my sis sent her off after a few months.
My another friend's first maid was also a over 35 years old and so called very experienced one. My friend also thought will be better to get experienced one. But who knows, that maid was quite cunning, trying to teach my friend what to do, who was a first time mother that time, and ended up trying to insist on her own way of doing things instead of listening to my friend's instructions. Somemore the maid can eat alot, she could finish one whole big packet of 3-in 1 coffee in a few days time and dare to demand for more after finishing. And she can eat alot, can eat a few bowls of rice every meal. My friend cannot tahan, think the maid will finish all the food in her house one day, so sent her away only in a month. Hahaha!
Anyway, once again, the same thing to say, it really depends on luck, the age of maid and experiences are not all. Perhaps can go to temple and 'double confirm' after you have choosen a maid. My friend did that, hahaha! She actually took the pic and info of the maid she selected to the si ma lu temple and prayed for a lot to see if suitable for her to take. Quite funny! :D

Hi Maykel
I can understand how she are feeling as Im feeling the same way too. IThe agents always telling u to pick this choose that but always turn out to be not what we want. Both previous of mine are filipinas.1 in early 30s and the other vain maid is in her late 30s (she's not bad looking and doesn't look like her age). 1 is transferred maid and the latter new maid. Think since I tried both transfer and new maid, next am going to try ex UAE maids. Saw 1 bio data and called her (she's 35, single)for phone interview, well seems pretty ok BUT THEN AGAIN u never know.
So what age group of maid are u taking? Like Cale mentioned, filipino are more educated and difficult to train them the way we want,actually wanted to try indon maid but am afraid they can't communicate well.
Are you totally CRIB now? Did your doc mention when to deliver the bbs base on your condition?
Hi Pleasance
I guess it's pretty normal to feel pain and heavy on the pelvic area. Minimise our walking might help since we are carrying twins.

Hi Juju
Think your hubby is concern and trying to help you ease the load after the baby is born. Not all maids are the same, u might strike it on your 1st attempt.

hi cale, pleasance,
thank you for your words of encouragement, i really needed to hear that! you're right we need to remember to think positive!!
funny that worrying doesn't do anything but it's so easy to do...

at how many weeks did you all share the news of your pregnancy to friends/relatives?

hi bliss,
thanks! just saw your post... you ladies are so far ahead already, so exciting to be able to feel your babies moving... they're almost going to be in your arms.. amazing..

Maykel,
read the link you posted, please stay positive and happy. Your mood is also very important now so that the discomforts may probably get better to some extent too. Hopefully the test results are fine. Monitor your own symptoms closely still and seek doc's advice again when necessary.

Btw, I heard that indo maids are no good too leh, majority worse than philiphino maids as most of them hardly speak or understand english at all, then how to communicate? Somemore they eat halal food only, must get halal food for them every meal. Then some may not cook pork for you.
My eldest sis's first confinement lady was a hospital nurse in Indonesia. She is a chinese and did a very good job during my sis's confinement. Anyway, she told my sis that all malay indonesians in Indonesia(no offence to any malay muslim mummies here, the indonesian malays are different from Singaporean malays anyway) know how to do black magic and very prone to doing that too. So must be careful lor.
I have a ex colleague who had a Indo maid for a few years. The maid did the job quite ok. But then one day my ex col found her maid wrote a letter to her hometown friend. My ex col became a bit suspicious and asked another Malay colleague to translate the content of the letter and to her shock, the maid wrote in the letter, telling her hometown friend that, she has done what was told, collected a strand of hair from each of the family members(my ex col, her hubby and their 1 gal and 1 son)and had done some black magic, so that the whole family will be satisfied with her work and treat her very well. My ex col was so angry that she sent the indo maid off straight then. Scary leh....
Sorry, I kept sharing horror maid stories. But just want you ladies who are going to hire maid first time to know things experienced by other mummies, so that next time can be more alert.

cribby,
you are having twins right? So you may probably feel your babies' movement quite early. It is amazing with happiness indeed.
happy.gif

Understand your worries actually, but like what you said, worries really dont help in anything. I believe that everything is fated in a way or another, but your thoughts will contribute alot to what your are getting too, so once again, stay positive and happy.
happy.gif

Waiting for your happy sharing after your next appt.
happy.gif

Emma
Same like you, i have lost 2kg you know. Envy you, expecting a boy and girl, perfect man.

Cribby
Which gynae are you with? Me in my 6th weeks, also no symptoms except bloatedness.

Kaira
We are in the same week of pregnancy. I agree with you fully on what you said abt Pregnancy is a long journey full of worries. But I tell myself I want to continue with my life as normal as possible" But i find it hard to do it in reality leh...expecting this week to be busy at work, so will take my mind off any negative thoughts.

Hi Cale,
I did a scan when visit kk 24hr clinic for my spotting. Ya.. Happy to see the sac and heartbeat. Like what u say, no spotting or bleeding, things should be okay. Don't want to worry unneccessary.

Hi maykel,
Please relax, rest alot and try not to worry too much for your bbs sake. Its definite not easy but just try lor. As for the maid, maybe let your hb or other family member worry or handle. Just handle one thing, take good care of your physical self and emotional. Ever thought of seeking a another gynae for second opnion. Some gynae quite experience in special cases. Wonder Dr loh SF always so busy, whether has full attention to attend to all of us. I thinking whether necessary to see 2 gynae at the same time. Heehee me very kia su and kia see

hi juju78,
thanks! sounds like it's quite common to be without symptoms, at least at the early stage...

ya really need to try and keep our mind on other things and relax. maybe time will pass faster that way. we will get through this!! as for gynae, haven't found one yet, still seeing RE. how about you?

kaira,
is it common to visit RE and gynae at the same time or do we pick one? you saw your baby's heartbeat already? wow! which week was that? one or two babies?
happy.gif

bliss,
i don't know if i'm having twins yet... i had 2 transferred but my hcg levels weren't as high last time i tested, so i don't know what to expect. either way would be fantastic though, and like you say, "fated"...
happy.gif

Hi cribby,
I don't have ms and really hope it will continue to stay in this way. But I feel very very tired and found that I put on quite alot of weight. Tummy already very round , hope I won't turn into an elephant at my later stage of pregnancy. Tummy area feel like very tight and also discomfort. I'm drinking anmum but might not want to continue as I think it will contribute to weight gain. Will ask Dr loh if can take low fat fresh milk. I have 1 bb. I saw last Wednesday which is at week 5. It is round in shape and it actually have heartbeat. Amazing. The heartbeat very cute.
happy.gif
my hcg is 500 plus. I not very sure if it is common to see RE and gynae at the same time .

Hi 76,
Ya. Its not easy. I have been resting alot at home as my company only open for new year on the 2nd of feb. That time, I keep worried abt bb heartbeat and what wrong wi tummy as always feel discomfort. Keep telling myself not to worry and I even thought of taking no pay leave. But later feel that its better to go back to my normal life except less shopping and outdoor activities. U have lost weight, I think I gain at least 5kg since my ivf treatment till now.

hi ladies,
check with you, is it a must for all pregnant women to take the glucose-screening test between week 24 to week 28? My next appt will be on my 27 week, but I was not told about taking this test.

Bliss,
u mean OGTT? not all. fri, i asked dr loh, he say dun need but can arrange if i wan. so i asked him to arrange for me lor.

juju,
thanks. So if the rountine urine test always shows no glucose found, we do not need to request for the OGTT, right?

ponytail,
I think the cramps that i am experiencing lately might be sciatica. Just get to read more on this condition, which seems to be similar to what I got at night.

hi maykel,
yup, i was sent to children's surgery immediately when they detected my baby's kidney problem. was referred to dr jacobson who will take over the case. she talked to me about the condition and the possibilities of outcomes after the baby is born. they referred me so i just follow lah.. hehe..

i feel for you. try to relax and hold babies in til the stipulated time set by doc yeah.. dun want them out too early. i cannot take it lah see babies inside incubators and with iv and stuff poke into them. very sad.. but as much as you can, hold them in.. will pray for you..

hi imel,
long time no hear from you! hehe.. yeah baby's stuff stocked up! her furniture all bought. her bulky items are also done. her nursery halfway painted.. and her clothes.. haiyah too many alreayd. i kept buying.. you know lah, baby girl, how can i resists not buying anything cute! haha.. i will definitely go for natural first. c-section is just back up plan if need be. but i will keep the option of epidural open. dun wanna be a hero and pretend can take pain if i actually cannot tahan..haha..

hi emma,
noooo.. not yet. as i'm still teaching i will end the first term. by then i'll be 37 weeks. the one week holiday i'll be in 38 weeks. just nice.. i won't begin term 2. if i haven't deliver by 38 weeks, i'll go on leave from then.

hi kaira n cribby,
welcome to the club, yeah just relax. don't let your mind wander too much. have fun and enjoy.. all of us here really had lots of support coz we all went thru different stuff during our pregnancies..

hi bliss,
i didn't take ley the glucose test. no one told me i have to. hehe.. i take sweet stuff too!

anyway an update from me.. the 3rd tri really takes a toll on the muscles for me. turning and changing position while sleeping can such a torture. i could actually feel the nerves straining from under rib right down to thighs.. sigh.. tummy feels so much tighter now that baby is bigger. my BH contractions are also stronger and more common. i'd like to think its baby moving but they do say expect BH contractions to increase in frequency.

talking about baby, her kicks, haiyah.. so strong now.. elbows, knees and feet so obvious. they no longer move like gliding.. slowly.. now its like once in awhile pop out of the blue.. i still dunno which is which but i'm guessing its definitely the joints coz they are sharper than the limbs. i've even had moments when i was jolted and shocked when she poke her limbs on my tummy.. nonetheless, knowing she's so active makes me feel assured and smile more often than not, she's happily moving inside me.

Cribby
Whats an RE? I am seeing Prof Ng at O&G partners, Gleneagles.
Kaira
So excited for you. Can see the heartbeat liao. Have you informed anyone? Or when do you intend to 'announce'?
looks like you, cribby and i around the same week....

hi kaira,
that's really good that you got to see your baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks! i heard around 6 weeks was the earliest... your baby must be growing well.
i haven't been drinking milk, is it just for the calcium? i think gaining some weight is a good thing, as long as you are getting a balanced diet. maybe the weight around your tummy is fluid retention? heard that can be an early symptom too...

hi merlenna,
thanks for the welcome. yes i really appreciate the support here, it really helps to know that there are others who have been there before us!

an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) just means like the doctors who specialize in IVF, as opposed to a regular gynae who doesn't specialize in infertility treatment. i guess most REs are also gynaes (as with yours)? i'm still not 100% clear about how all this works actually.

when are you going to share your news? i can't wait to share but i am also nervous to!

Hi ladies,
My worse fear had came true, kkh called me this pm and say that my blood results shows signs of high BP and there is risk of pre-eclampsia (PE). So i was schedule to do a test this wed to confirm for PE. Its a 4hrs monitoring of the BP. But after that the nurse called again and said that dr loh wanted to se me 2mr....they had squeeze in an appt for me to see him 2mr in clinic D instead of TPS.
Quite worrying now....hope things would be ok.

Hi Bliss,
Yes, i did consider that point too, oso worry that older maids got no energy. But now we had selected her, we just have to hope for the best. Anyway her children are big already so guess dun have to worry abt that aspect so much.
Thanks for sharing so much abt the maids experience
happy.gif
I can't go temple cos i CRIB now....
Oh ya, not everyone needs to do OGTT. My urine glucose oso always negative, but cos in my 4th mth i ate alot of sweet things and gain 4kg, tats why dr ask me to do,

Hi Emma,
The agency lady ask me not to choose those who are too young, dun choose filipino and those with experience from UAE, Saudi and Brunei, cos she say all these maids are more stubborn and fierce. Then sekali on sat when she know i need to chose another maid asap, she recommend me all the young ones and those experience from Brunei etc...see, slap herself right?
I had just chosen another one and she is 38yrs old, seems motherly and has experience taking care of babies. Thou she may be matured, i thot i just give her a try. She's better then the 1 that the agency hastily recommend on sat.
When i call the agency and told her to change to this maid, her reaction very big, she say "har! she so old you want ar??" very exaggerating, i just reply her firmly that i want to try, then she say ok. This one is indo, was thinking if she can't communicate well, at least she got experience so can do work. Better then cannot communicate and cannot work.
Yup, i still CRIB now...dr nvr say when he want to deliver me, he say usually if not due yet, they want to hold on as long as possible and not recommend elective unless emergency.

Hi kaira,
Thank you, i will try not to think so much thou its hard....
I dun think i would seek 2nd opinion at this stage, cos i still trust dr loh and wants to think that i am in good hands. During my early stage, i did saw a pte gynae near my hse when i'm not well, so dun have to go all the way to kkh. But he say for twins, if have complications, they will still send me bk to kkh, so eventually i think that it is still better to stick to dr loh.

Hi Merlenna,
oic....its good that they refer you early, so that you are more reassured when ur questions are answered.
Thank you so much, i am trying my best to hold them already, but if complications really set in then we got no choice....very sad to think that after trying so hard to hold them longer, now there is a risk of complications
sad.gif

Oh, but i do agree that it is so fun to be able to feel babies kicking. You must take care too.

maykel - try to relax and keep us updated on your checkup. hope everything is not serious

bliss - my cramps have stopped. i read somewhere that cramps could be due to excess phosphurus from eating ham, luncheon meat. last week i ate ham and luncheon meat everyday. thats when i got the cramps. now stop eating and the cramps are gone. did you eat ham or luncheon meat ?

Ponytail,
I dont take ham and luncheon since ivf, coz doc Sadhana told me not to take any canned food or preserved food during ivf.
The cramps on my buttocks that I am still getting when sleeping may probably be due to the nerves around being pressured or pressed by the weight of baby. I only got it recently so I think baby is getting heavier and bigger le. Whenever I feel the painful cramp when I sleep on my left, I will turn to sleep on my right side, and vice versa. Every night keeps doing that lor. Bo bian. At least changing the sleeping position helps a bit.
Actually I am still confused what braxton hicks contractions feel like. I have been getting more at night lately. My tummy feels very tight for less than 1 minute every time, but for many times lor. In my 4th month, I was already not sure what the tightenings were, told my gynae, but my descriptions seemed vague also, so took it as normal symptom in pregnancy.
But then now, I have been getting lots of such tightenings at night and I dont feel the pushing up or pushing down inside the tummy, only very tight feeling, so I am really unsure if they are BH contractions.

Cale and Maykel, do you think what I am getting is BH contractions? I really suspect that, but unsure. Am confused with how it actually feels like. But it is not painful, just very uncomfortable, and the tightenings happen more in the night during sleep. I got a few times in the daytime only. I thought BH contractions usually occur when standing or sitting for a long period of time, how come mine is during sleep?

Maykel,
worrying for you, really hope that everything will be fine for you in the coming monitoring. Tell your babies everyday to stay growing inside you for some more weeks. They will listen and understand the importance. You must be strong still.
Hugz....

Cribby
If my 1st scan is ok,as in can see heartbeat, i will share with my in law. As for colleagues, probably after the 1st trimester or when they discover... Coz am sure there are some actitviites that i cant do in office, in no time pple will be wondering why i cant do this and that....

Bliss,
how does BH feel like?
this morning felt strong pain/cramp at lower pelvic, dun dare go to work. lasted an hour, on & off, when i rested at home. GP gave me 1 day MC and tell me to reduce movement & walk slowly

Hi Cribby,
I only shared the news with my bosses (was on MC quite a few times, so no choice need to inform them) and family, but not relative and frens. It's better to wait after first trimester then announce if possible or when you are feeling more comfortable to do so.

Hi Kaira,
You have seen the heartbeat already, that's really wonderful right. So now just eat well, rest well, enjoy and looking forward to see your little one in the next scan
happy.gif

Hi Bliss,
From what you described, it looks like you are experiencing BH contraction. It's usually only for a short while, the timing is irregular, no pain. Your tummy will be very hard to touch, the feeling is like a stone. I also experienced that. I got it more often when I lie down, rather than sitting or in standing position. As long as you did not feel pain and the interval is not regular, i think should be all right bah, don't have to worry too much.

Hi Maykel,
Really hope everythings turn out ok for your visit today. Keep us posted.

Hi Juju,
Looks like yours is not BH contraction le. For BH, Usually no cramps nor pain, it's just the tightening of the belly. May be you try to email doctor Loh on this, see what he say?

Cale,
thanks for the info. so, i do have BH sometimes, jus not the one this morning.
ya, will email Dr Loh in a while. jus confused how to describe clearly.

Cale,
oh like that huh? Ok, then it must BH contractions then. Ya, the interval is not regular, just more during my sleep at night. Ok, I will not worry too much. Thanks.
happy.gif

Juju,
like what Cale mentioned, BH contractions do not involve pain or cramps, just very tight tummy, feel like stone.
Your cramping at lower pelvic might be stretching of uterus, I got it once in a while and I took it as uterus expanding as baby is growing in size from time to time.
I experienced lots of crampy and stretching pain feeling at my lower tummy whole of yesterday daytime, I treated it as uterus expanding. It was gone last night.
You dont worry if you are feeling better after some rest.

Bliss,
ya, trying to think this way. but once i start walking for a while, the pain came back again. dat's why worried. GP told me to take panadol if got pain but no spotting.
so, now jus try to keep sitting down at a reclined position lor

Hi ladies who are resting at home,
just asking what you gals have been doing at home besides resting. I am quite bored many times.
What I mostly do at home is surfing net, readings books, watching tv, giving baby music lesson and teaching baby some knowledge and storytelling. Then will cook dinner every weekday. I dont go out shopping alone at all except walking to nearby supermarket to buy vege and food. Hope to know what other things I can do during this period for baby and myself, any suggestions? Thanks.
happy.gif

Back