(2013/01) Jan 2013

Hugs to you Canny. Take care of your health, and go for a nice massage. It'll alleviate some aches and take away some discomfort. Spend a few days to pamper and care for yourself...

There are 11 more months to 2013! Jia you!!

Minnieluv
Did the gynae give you an EDD? Could you be very early in your pregnancy?

Rest very well now. Don't do any chores and go complete bedrest!!!

Canny, sorry to hear that, take good care of yourself!!

Xaramama, don't wOrry too much, I'm sure it's fine, I only going to see gynae next week..

<font color="119911">Minnieluv: Try to have complete bedrest if possible and dun carry any heavy things.
Not wanting to scare you, but increased spotting with cramps is something worth worrying. You might want to call your gynae and seek for advice?</font>

<font color="0077aa">minnieluv, I do not have bleeding. It was spotting (i.e. pink colour de or streaks in the mucus), the amount is less than a liner a day (i.e. wipe than will have. no wipe no have). I eat duphaston twice a day (once at night and morning) and it stopped aft 3 days. As for cramps, mmm... i had during the spotting days.

btw, when is your supposed EDD? and you say bleeding (means red discharge? or brown?). If brown it could be normal (implantation bleeding). Got fetus is good, how big is the fetus liao?</font>

Canny, sorry for your loss. I am sure God will give u what u deserve very soon. Hugz....

Maternity clothes:

since i am in china, i will definitely buy from taobao. so dirt cheap compared to sin. u gals should consider buying online via TB too. I have gfs who are crazy about china online shopping.. haha

Thank you everybody for your concern. I've been bed resting since Monday.

No EDD has been given to me. The fetus is only 2mm. I should be 8 week based on last menses. Yes the bleeding is red. Doctor did mentioned worst possibility....but still under observation till next week Tuesday.

Will get my DH and go down to the gynae.

LDG: turtle soup very pu leh. will it be too heaty? i heard during 1st tri better not to take herbs cause some herbs can cause miscarriage so not sure if can consume turtle soup.

Canopyhaze
I have lots of fancy but not much appetite. I fancy crabs, but reckon I just want to have a lick at the sauce. I fancy buffalo wings, but just think I can stomach one drumlet. Grilled my fav Saba for dinner today, and I don't think I can stomach it... But l haven't lost any weight! Very discouraging lol...

I think I can only stomach sliced ginger, yogurt and fruits nowadays,,,, and maybe toasts...

I think I have to give those yummy shellfish a miss this trip Liao.... Sigh... I hope I can stomach those hand fried fish and chips and Cornish pies
sad.gif

Appetite
Agreed with fullhouse! Always wanted to eat this &amp; that, but the moment the food was brought right in front of you, just take a few bites den that's it! I tried very hard to finish a pkt of chicken rice ytd.

Bed
Wanted to take MC &amp; lie in bed all day but dun think gynae will give ba.

<font color="119911">missy: ya... some herbal soup contains those ingredients that might cause miscarriage. That's why I'm worried abt that turtle soup from Ser Seng though I called them up and they say its safe for preg. But I got craving for that! :s</font>

<font color="0077aa">minnieluv, can you call yr gynae to check with her? perhaps up your duphaston to twice a day?

I do agree with the other gals, do rest as much as possible. cos I realised the 3 days I worked or walk, the cramps would come after I stress/walked ard. Don't carry heavy stuff, dun squat or do housework. Light duties only. i.e. feed/bath yourself. All else, ask hb ok?</font>

<font color="0077aa">Turtle soup: Eh sounds VERY BU... drink during 2nd trimster? my dad got say some herbs cannot take so btr be more careful yah? I know 十全大补汤 confirm out. CHecked with EYS the last time I was preggy.

fullhouse, yes. Even the sofa and a small pillow is soooo good. I had one evening I was so tired, I just lie a bit with my pillow and I actually fell asleep lor (best part - just came back from work and havent bathe). By the time I got myself off the sofa it was 12.30 liao...

purple_rain, u go see gynae. then ask for MC. Sometimes they will give de.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0077aa">Celia, i have some friends who are mad buying things from tao bao too! I saw some nice maternity clothes that is suppose to be worn by hollywood celebrities. But I calculate by the time it comes to SG, it might be same price as what I buy from Spring Maternity and I cannot gurantee if the material is good or not... :p

somemore the website got free mail for china destinations... In SG, if we go thru those agents, they will charge us for china shipping lor.</font>

think this been ask before... but cant trace back... anyone here got given duphaston but stop taking? got no cramps these 2 weeks and no spotting at all... some days i took once but been puking more once i start taking

<font color="0077aa">xaramama, *pats pats*. U will! Dun worry too much ya? I am also trying not to worry so much with the Strep B infection...

icyjo, it was me who asked on the thread. Most mummies decided to go ahead to complete the doses. I called my gynae clinic to check and they want me to complete the dosage.
happy.gif
U may wanna call ur gynae clinic to check with them? </font>

<font color="aa00aa">nlimm: really??? cannot eat liver? u mean pork liver? i love liver alot alot alot wor.. but my 1st also got eat. like my mum said can eat anything just dun eat too much on the same thing. not good -____-

Bamboo shoots &amp; MaLa sze chuan: can pregnant eat these? :D</font>

<font color="aa00aa">hihi icyjo i got take duphaston.. but i did not stop. i wana finish ba. cus this is to stable ya bb so okai ba? Hmmm i do feel like puking when i see lo.. but i have not try not eating yet. =/ u think is cus of this thats why u been puking?</font>

Hi mummies:

Feel v stressed out too....

Saw gynae last Friday, saw a tiny sac 5mm, given duphaston and another appointment this coming sat... During last pregnancy, usually gynae visits are scheduled every 2 weeks in 1st trimester... Not sure why gynae thought I should go back in a week... Doc did mention that if there is any spotting/cramp need to eat duphaston 3xaday instead of 2 only at night....

Anyone also feel totally woozy after taking duphaston? Can't even sit in front of tv lo...

Nowadays very guilty and sad cos can't play or carry my DD (she is 16months) little bundle of energy... Don't know ley.. Feel like she don't like me already... Only wan her daddy to carry/play with her... Tot old people say once mummy pregnant with didi/meimei then older baby will become more attached/sai nai? Doesn't seem to happen to me ley...

hi all..

i tink no maternity clothes for me at the moment coz my clothes quite loose at the tummy area till pple let me have the seat while in mrt while i dont need it.. hahaha...

purple rain, i think if u ask from gynae, shld be able to get mc de...

i love pork liver too... but now i look at it, i dun like it anymore.. lol

<font color="aa00aa">Nimkulut: dont worry is a passing stage.. been thru too. my girl a period of time will start to be close to her daddy or her grandmum. for me my gal not very attach to me leh. i can say its normal lor? i felt.</font>

Hello..

Been away for 3 days and enjoyed reading the posts from this thread.

Some updates before i comment.

My EDD: 7Jan2013
Gynae: Dr Loke Kah Leong from Spore Women
Hospital: Parkway East / Mt Alvernia

I am into my 8 wks of pregnancy and went for u/c. Managed to see my fetus's head ! gynae claimed that its the head although i cant identify. CRL fetus grew from 4.44mm (6wks) to 15.4mm (8wks). Can hear my baby's heartbeat too! 160 (dunno wat units/sec)

I am still on duphaston due to spotting at week4. So sick of duphaston. Really feels like puking the moment i see that pill. Gynae told me to continue it and its the cause of my vomitting.

As for diet.. i eat EVERYTHING. Gynae n nurses told me to eat anything i like in moderations. I am still drinking coffee/tea but one cup like per week basis? I tries my best to avoid cold drinks but u know lah spore weather...I will negotiate with hubby for Ribena with 3 ice cubes and it will make my DAY! Oh ya Gynae only mentioned to avoid RAW food.

Feeling excited !

BTMY... your scan for 4.44mm was at exactly 6 weeks? mine was 2.64mm at 6 week 1 day then... next week going for the next scan. hopefully baby got grow...

i also dread duphaston... when i stop next day felt better, when i start.. next day will be a shitty day, keep wanting to puke...

Evening ladies
Ahhh my free time at last!!!

How's all the appetite doing? Had an orange to calm my queasy tummy and a short rest while I put the kids to bed... Now I'm all better :D

Food I fancy (but can't stomach today)
Suckling pig!!
With it's crispy roasted skin coming aPart from it's thin flesh, and those crackling sound it makes as my teeth sink in...ahhhh

Nevermind our queasy tums
sad.gif
so what's our fancy today????
:D

Raw French oysters, with a dash of tobasco and a squeeze of lemon?
Orh luak done in extra crispy style?
Si ham with lotsa chilli?
Eng Seng's pepper crab?

Nevermind we can't actually eat them, thinking about them is enough to make me extremely happy!!!!

hello, my BB is 7.2mm at 6w4days. i read somewhere early pregnancy all BB grow at about the same rate, but seems this may not be true for everyone?....

Celia,
Later in second tri, you eat the suckling pig for me in SH, I'll eat the pepper crab for you here!!

Ooooo the xiao long bao in yuyuan!! With 蟹黄... Ahhhh I could eat a whole 笼 all by myself!! And they are perfect bite sized!!!

fullhouse,
haha... xiaolongbao! so sick of the foods here. Missing my bak chor mee, Melben crabs &amp; mee hoon kuey. Sob sob..... dun remind me no more.........

( I am so going to singaporean restaurant tmmrow!!)

Celia
I lOve Melben crabs too!! Dunk the sauce with a piping hot fried bun! Yumz!!

When you coming back to 待产?we meet up to whack some crabs before delivery!

Jo
So what's your fancy? Ahhhh we fill each others imagination, as good as if we have just eaten them!!

nimkulut, hmm ok.... maybe still early.. during US, mine shows 6 weeks, sac only.. else u can chk with gynae y got to visit again in a week's time.. dont get stress out..

i love melben crabs too.. and my friends wanted to go JB for crabs tis wkend! salted egg crab aiya.. alot of pple say cannot eat crabs...... =(

Talking about bak chor mee., I really like the soupy one in bedok. I grew up with that... Strange, all I recall now is the 'gong' (tingkat) we carry to tabao the bcm. The uncle would fill my ' gong', then flip over the cover to add some chilli into it, then add a rubber band in case I should spill it on my way home... Ahhh childhood food!!!

Melben crab lovers 站起来!we must meet up 2nd tri to crab it out, will ve quite a sight.

S loh
Yes they say children will be born 多手多脚? But I ate crabs for both and both play their instruments relatively well (piano and violin), so got good too lah...

<font color="aa00aa">crabs? wah. my favourite.. ahhhh im so tired... anyone still working?T =( today im OT-ing sianz... wana go home early also cannot. so many thigns to do! arghz but i also cant wait for my appt with my gynea. tmw ^^ </font>

Full house u really cute lah!!

Eating crab,
My mil said she had crab every week when she preg with my sil!

Nimkulut
Don't worry, it's a passing stage! Anyway I still carry my 18mth old boy now...

U ladies got me so excited about the size of baby! Went to dig out my last sat's US photo... Length is 18.4mm at 8 weeks 3 days...

I want to join the melben crabs gp! Luv it... Used to eat crabs for my no 1 preg too....but not at melben lah... Too far... I normally settled my cravings at zhi cha stall.... Now I crave for sambal stringray, Sotong, lala and mutton soup... But my mum said no mutton till delivery...

wo... so many post to catch up w... till i read n forget most! lol~

FOOD
hai talking abt food, ever since I have my first encounter w puking, I seems to "hate" all food!
sad.gif
sad ar... then no craving at moment too...

MATERNITY CLOTHES
hmm... duno when need to get leh... some of my pants are getting tight though &amp; i'm not really a dress person so dun haf dress wo...

BED
wow if only there's such a things/grant as "1st tri rest" from work... then how nice!!! whole 1st tri can just laze and rest at home is best liao!! always tired nowadays lo...

MEETUP
oh yea count me in! i'm working at outram/keppel rd area... at moment staying at parents place in WDL while ILs are at west... future bb hse will be at Punggol! yippe~

Back