(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

i still got come in coz i need to wikipedia Israel due to work stuff and firefox load my tabs automatically ler....

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Blackbatz / Kitsune
The thread dead enough... Now worse...

I just did something wrong... I just caned Nat for insisting a word is written a certain way. I told her my way correct, stop arguing. Now I realized she is right.

I think reach evening I reach my limits Liao... Sigh... Feel so bad

Today is a happy day for me! After a few months, finally helped my bro to get an ideal HDB flat. High floor, corner unit, low COV less than $30k, no west sun and best of all, same blk as me! He will be moving with my parents so next time we can have home cooked food more often and I will have access to last min babysitters. Kekeke. ;)

Mom2nat, agree, sad in a way, since all of us got to know one another from here but now almost all migrate to LINE. Oh dear! What word is that? Chinese or English?

Kitsune, u r great! Its hard to get a plc at tampines w low cov. Well done
happy.gif

Saw the new ruling thr maid mus go on off day weekly, govt is so welfare to them... But we would hv bbsittin problems

mom2nat,
aiyo, last fri I also beat B's hands when he lost focus and didn't complete his homework properly. He knows how to write the letter m but told me he can't do it. His laziness gets to me and those excuses just makes my blood boil. Have to control my temper but it was also in the evening when patience runs low...sigh.

B had been down with fever and cough since sat evening...the flu virus is making its rounds again.

Yvonne,
So young got homework? maybe there was too much writing cos they are still young. Too much writing can be quite tiring. Mine will bargain and I will usually get him to do half a page and continue later (after some tv or some playtime).

my #2 is down with Influenza A....siong!

Mom2nat,
nowadays, Chinese strokes are quite strict. Wrong direction or just a little off, children will be marked wrongly. My son complained that he did not do as well for Chinese Spelling cos my mum taught him the strokes wrongly...So now I will refer to the Chinese dictionary to counter check.

Hi, Yvonne

I also have a very strong-willed girl, the efforts raising her is much more than her younger twin sisters. For academic things, I haven't paid much attention yet since she is full day CC. But every day she asks to play with older boys at neighborhood, even fighting among themselves she never complain, she told me not pain at all since she doesn't want me to ban her from playing with boys.

Haiz......very mentally draining thinking of solution for a better way to raise my eldest girl. But I gave up any beating, scolding, since I tested 3-month no-beating, no-scolding and you know what, my girl imitated all the beating/scolding part that I did to her before.

Ever since from that time, she never falls sick despite she started her swimming lesson at her CC.

Aqua, thanks! My dad is very old n had a fall recently so the flat came at the right time. My bro always stuck in school, at least now i can also help my mum out. Had to wait 2 weeks n gave 2 offers, keep following up with seller agent before we succeeded.
happy.gif
can u pm Me your Reno contact? Wanna give my bro a few choices.

kitsune, my id not recommended coz he is forgetful and abit slow. but i do have a windows/grilles contractor , who is gd n cheap. if u need, then i pm u
happy.gif

yes, it is good to stay near families, esp we r still asian, I TINK we mus lok after our parents.

mom2nat,
Actually his school only give them 1 page of homework per week. That consist of just 1 line of writing, drawing an item and circling some words. Really simple and easy compared to the workbook I make him do at home. That's why I get angry becos I know he can do it. But he seems to lose interest becos he doesn't get his "stars" straight away after writing and instead have to wait a week before teacher returns his workbook.

tubao,
My boy is also very strong-willed and I used to punish him alot cos I don't want him to get away with bad behaviour. Nowadays he's more willing to accept my reasoning so I seldom need to punish. Of course we still have bad days but that seldom happens. Have to try different methods to discipline them cos I believe if we let them be and give up on teaching them, then it'll be even more difficult to discipline them when they're older.

Yvonne,

yeh, yeh. Still need much guidance,limit setting and exposure of interests.

My girl still drives my husband or my MIL into nuts if I don't interfere. She is just too strong.

Fortunately I found out that she is strong enough to overcome obstacles by herself at school. Teach herself listening English and speaking English, leader in school dance and leader in swimming lesson. Hehehe....... got many good points.

Now I started to accept her more, by giving lots, lots of leeway for her. To let her try her own ideas, confident about it; let her open up and speak out; clarify her doubts if something technical, then sometimes she surprises me big by accepting lots of new ideas, and overcoming things that last time she hated to do if she was not too good at.

Hehe......... my husband gave up long time ago. A few times my husband chatted with me, even tears in his eyes, saying "so pity our little girl, don't know whether she will have tough life ahead!" I don't know now, but it seems that she enjoys quite confident and happy life.

Aqua, oic, can, the flat already have grilles but balcony only grilles n no windows. Dun know if my mum can stand rain coming in during downpour like my own balcony. Hee.

Mom2nat, I am so happy to have lunch with hubby today. Weekday n not school hols, only cos he is on mc from reservist n today is last day of collection for the luggage. I am too cheapskate to take cab to collect free things.

Tubao, u r very patient with 3 gals, somemore twins, admire u!
happy.gif

tubao,
That's good! If her strong will can make her a good leader in school, then try to encourage her more in that area. If she channels her energy into good areas and gain your praise, she'll feel more confident and will be more willing to listen to you. Nobody wants to be scolded all the time right. Maybe she lacks confidence so helping her to realise her own ability will give her the courage to accept new ideas
happy.gif

kitsune,

so happy for u.
its nice to have someone staying close by.
I move to the unit below my mom, thinking she will help out when i need help..haha, ok la, i think 50% of the time she will help when i ask her. but there r times where she hears me screaming at my kids and come down n rescue them..haha

Pauline,

Hehe....... don't know how many times I went into toilet for breather.

Happy for you finding a perfect house for your parents!

Yvonne,
Thanks, thanks. Hehe......love to read your posts about B; Most of time I am at wits' ends; so glad that there are kids similar.

tubao
Do you live in pasir ris? I tot I saw your name in the pasir ris thread.

Your girl v similar to mine. She v strongedwilled. Even her sunday sch tcr ask me to go borrow the book "the strong willed child" to read!!! wah piang. We had so much prob with her. Stubborn too. She also likes to play with boys. But became v naughty with them. I changed her class in kindy, end up much better cos tat class more gals. She oso v jealous of her bro. So I try to segregate them.

So you din scold or beat for 3 mths... did it help? Did her actions tat replicated yours tone down?

Kitsune
Wah!! V good leh, you bio the houses in the block v long ah? Live near and not in the same house is good! More privacy and oso got help when in need!

Gd you have lunch with him. My last week COCA lunch din succeed cos Elliot fever. Do you have appts daily?

The word is nan (boy). I say is one long stroke down, she say is tien then li below. She is right. I insist i am right. Then argue argue I fed up i caned her. Sigh... My fault. Nvm, today her spelling din get 10/10 and she dunno why... WHY??? cos I spell scampered wrongly, she oso learn as scRampered. So she got 9/10... argh

Yvonne
I think too young to cane B for not doing work leh. Later he phobia. My sil wanted to train nephew to concerntrate more, so send to kumon in pri 1. ENd up he hates doing work, hates hw...
HW cannot force, gotta try to make them realise if dun do tcr scold, or blah blah... not beating.

Blackbatz
Yah lor, the chinese teacher warned us abt the strokes. And wat pang wat jie gou!

aqua,

nope. i am still renting. My dear hb is waiting for the price to go down before we buy a unit near my MIL, as he felt my mum is not helping much in looking after our kids..hehe..

my gal is also another stubborn one. but luckily she is very independent. she will finish her work on her own. actually its very easy to look after her if her brother is not around, cos she can read on her own when she has nothing to do. when i allocated homework for her, she will finish them up before i reach home. but with the brother around, its all about fighting for attention, fighting for the same books, same color pencil.

Hi, Mom2nat.

No, not in Pasir ris. Hehe.....never posted at Pasir ris thread.

Her class is mostly girls; she plays well with girls too; Guess that she doesn't think that she can't play with boys. ^_^ hehe....... no beating ever since, scolding when I really can't tahan. Anyway, can't get rid of scolding/screaming part, since my MIL did 95% of that. When MIL is not around at weekends, I seldom scold and lose control.

Mom2nat, shannonbaby, actually last yr my bro wanted to get flat in Toa Payoh or Bishan. But my parents don't want to relocate there cos they stay at bedok res for so long, not familiar with North. Plus, my mum is very close to my single aunt who stays at Tampines. So, I helped convince him to buy in Tampines instead. Better for everyone esp since my dad getting older. No joke leh, if he buys a flat and my parents refuse to move, he will be stuck cos he cannot rent out or sell until 5 yrs later. Flat hunting from Sept till now and finally found the perfect unit with affordable COV for him.

Last time, also helped another buyer (coincidentally a Jan08 mummy's sister) find her dream unit with seaview and a few blks from her parents after 4 months. She already looked for 1 yr on her own. She said other agents gave up on her after a few viewings. kekeke. She is getting ROM in April cos her flat finally settled so very happy for her.
happy.gif

Shannonbaby, your mum very cute, doting grandma. I am at mid floor while my mum is high floor and different facing so don't think she can hear me screaming at my gals bah. haha. But she can definitely see my gals often cos her unit balcony faces the playground and we go there nearly everyday. hee.

Mom2nat, no, I don't have appts daily. We prefer to focus on quality leads instead of quantity so that we can spend more time and effort on each client. But I am taking on the newest condo project near Downtown East launching soon. So, will get busier with roadshows after I come back from Phuket. If anyone is keen, pls PM me. Got floor plans, site plan etc.
happy.gif

Hi, Mom2nat,

Dig out my archives, and found my girls' response at 3month test period.

1. E told me "Mummy, you don't scold me, I don't scold you. Okie?You don't beat me, I don't beat you, okie? You don't let me stand at naughty corner, I don't let you, okie? If you are very tired, like last time, you ask for my help, Okie? "

2. As I don't scold Emma for a month, things goes unexpected . Last night it blew into full blow(hopefully), when she fell down during play time with xi xi, then threatened to kick me for 15 minutes----I had nothing to do with her falling down; followed by crying hard for another 15 minutes, followed by 1.5 hour whining; with Mo bao's mummy, xi xi's mummy and Wai po, Mo bao, Xi Xi, Jing Jing all coming to persuade or correct her.

Though I continued to smile, it put a dent on my suspension system. I chatted with Wai po for half an hour to de-stress. As daddy does, Wai po doubts whether I can bear with E further.
------
------

Hehe...... I found out that my MIL's scoldings doesn't do much damage on E,for example, my MIL can feed E for an hour while scolding, playing and laughing.

But when MIL's scolding involves 'your mum asks you to eat vegetable blah blah......", I will be grumpy somehow. Hehe....... quite easily lose patience to my ILs. Hehehe........ got to think of a way.

Kitsune
Can see u find a lot of satisfaction from ur new job! Good la, at least got $$, can go out n oso timing flexible.

I agree on the quality part. I tried to sell my house for 1 yr. gave exclusive to 1 agent then she still cannot sell, then let whoever call bring buyer, still cannot. Finally my neighbour help, in a wk, found buyer who Loves my house!!!! BUT... I decided not to sell. Sigh... Cos I realized I got logistic probs, dunno where to move to with such a big kampung. So my plans to sell put on hold. Felt bad cos my nb v helpful lor.

Tubao
Hey, the blaming u part is like my #2. He fall down oso blame me, grumble grumble... Dun love dun fren me. But I have more patience for him. Usually I ignore him.

So, to scold or not?? Did ur gal get better?

My mil n mom like to use us to threaten the kids, I can't tahan too.

Tubao,
This Sunday we have gathering at Kam's place. Are you coming?
I told Celeste that we are going to Kam's place to play again, she asked if Emma is going or not.
happy.gif

Join us if you are free? They are meeting at 11am.

Hi, Onigiri

Sure. Feb mums delayed their last week gathering to this weekend. I don't know exact timing yet. If timing is different, I will join you gals. Emma also likes to play with Celeste.

Mom2nat,
Hehe....... I will train my limit to not scolding, hopefully not all.

Hehe....better?...... Definitely she is much mature and understanding girl, though probably she is always. I can only say that I feel better for her to exercise her ideas more, if I can afford it.

But at school she is perfect student in teachers' words. Understanding, fast learner, help teachers and friends. Hehehe....... dual limit stretching.

For scolding or not,

Add one more point, Hehe.....bear me or ignore me if sounds too much. I am a book person for many years.

I started this after seeing E fall sick once a month; well, even after I tried lots of efforts to remove a cake as breakfast, a bowl of fishballs as lunch, a bowl of crabmeats for dinner. Heheh....lots of unhappiness at throwing away the food prepared by MIL.

So the book the enzyme factor by Dr Hiromi Shinya says that every kind of illness is a kind of ignorance. So I derive myself that it's many kinds of MY ignorance on E's mental needs. So I started to not scold. Then E started to scolding/beating back on me like dispelling phlegms when catching flu.

So my conclusion so far is if children are well in all aspects with scolding, hehe.....nothing shall be wrong with it.

But if otherwise, try otherwise.

Tubao
I heard corn syrup is a problem leh. Some kids allergic to it, become hyper. When i realized, I check packagings, a lot of pdts have leh! How to avoid

mom2nat,
I never cane him for poor hand-writing lah, I only beat his palm with my hands...keke. It's not the poor handwriting that angers me, it's his poor attitude that irritates me. I don't expect him to excel in school but I don't want him to be lazy.

tubao,
B don't dare to scold or beat me but sometimes he will also vent his anger/frustraion on me. But I will lecture him and ask him whether did mummy do anything wrong? Is it mummy's fault or his own fault. Usually he will cry and whine but will answer me it's his fault and he won't throw tantrum at me and say sorry. But it didn't happen overnight lor, also had to stand at the naughty corner numerous times in the past.

Last night he also threw a tantrum for no reason. Refused to go inside my room to bath, just sat in the living room to sulk. Since I got no answer when I asked him what's wrong, I just proceed to close the door to turn on aircon. He screamed and cried big time but I also dun care. Went on for 15-20 mins then he finally came into the room. When I asked him who made him angry, he said he don't know why he's angry, alamak! Most probably cos he's not feeling well but I told him that's not a reason for him to throw a tantrum. He's feeling horrible but so am I since I also can't sleep well cos I have to check on him. Then he apologised.

Btw, anyone catching The Three Little Pigs by SRT? We went this morning, not bad. The beginning was a bit draggy so B kinda lost interest but he got excited again when the houses were built and enjoyed the 2nd part very much. They will be performing Dr Seuss' The Cat in the Hat in sep. We're also interested in that one.

shannonbaby,
You must have bought tickets early cos the school holiday week was fully booked when I tried
happy.gif
. Surprisely B enjoyed it more than movies! When I told him about the show, the first question he asked me was: "Do they turn off the lights there?" LOL. He don't do movies well cos he says the lights are out so it's time to sleep and he always falls asleep.

ylim,

yes! i bought it last dec..hehhe..right after the jack n the beanstalk show. My gal loves going for such show since she was 2yrs old.

Mom2nat, hee okie lar, got ups and downs. Money not regular and very slow to come in. Close 1 HDB got to wait 4 months for the cheque. If do projects even worse, must wait 6 months. But I do like the flexibility. Eg. today RaeAnne has fever, I can just bring her to doctor without having to take leave or to answer to any boss. And thinking that I helped someone with the purchase or sale of one of their biggest assets feels good too.

Er... I haven't brought RA and RL to watch a movie together since my maid left in June last year. Guilty. Hubby said RL cannot concentrate on a 2 hr movie so he's not keen to bring them. :p

Hi, Yvonne,

My E nowadays still hit me almost daily; I got to overcome one minute "悲从心中起“。 But she is guilty; and well-behavior after that. She wants, just want IT NOW.

My case is quite different from you; I am working, and a few different opinions and her mei meis at home. But so far E's health seemed improving a lot; and my husband says that E's mind seems getting connected, hehehe.....I am her worksheet, anyway I feel relieved that she starts to learn many things fast though I am busy with twins, probably only half an hour for her daily at weekdays.

Sometimes I felt that my way is kinda of "okie, you insist, mummy doesn't discourage you, what can you do?"

tubao,
Will be harder on you cos you need to work and also spend time with the twins. But was E always like that or did her behaviour worsen after the twins arrived? I know most kids would act up when a new baby joins the family. Strong-will kids are very attention seeking so she may have felt left out? And..and strong-will kids hates to be compared to other kids. If family members always tell her mei meis are so good, etc etc, E will get even more frustrated. We have to learn to accept them and their personality while trying to teach them the right way to behave. Tap into their good points to raise their confidence level and do alot of reasoning when their behaviour is not acceptable.

B will also demand for things NOW and he'll go on and on until I give it him. So I will just ignore and he'll get into a full-blown tantrum with screaming and crying and sometimes he really goes hysterical shouting at me. When he realise I will not give in, he will slowly calm down then I will talk to him. I always ask him if wasting time throwing such a huge tantrum is worth it since he never got what he wanted? I'll explain to him the reason why he can't have whatever he wants and such behaviour is not helping. Over time he has fewer meltdowns cos he knows I won't give in. But it takes alot of consistency and it doesn't help when other family members do the opposite...sigh...my in-laws also like to spoil him and give in to him all the time. I'm just gald I don't stay with them and B sees them once or twice a week only.

Hehe......screaming and go on, on and on are exactly the same.

I gave up reasoning. Now it becomes that she reasons herself in a calm way, and negotiate. Such as "mummy, I help you to look after mei meis, you go and take that one for me." Hehe..... I let her pass for any good idea.

ILs part are good or bad. The acceptance that she felt by my parent-ILs, even at tantrum time, must be very heartwarming for E. Hehe.......even for myself, I feel that my grandma loves me most, probably more than my husband.

E gets much better after she accepted twins at twins' 3 month time. Last time she was much much worse. Looking at twins, she seems feeling that mei meis take things differently as her(her two mei meis are happy-go-lucky types). Well, my MIL do compare, but I says something that E does better EVERY time immediately after her words

Hehe.....sometimes I forgot, also compared. My MIL also immediately listed some facts that the points E does better and I don't know, guess that she still dotes E most. Hehe.....we all understand that comparing does no good; but just try our luck.

Good thing is that E is strong enough when she saw mei mei showing interest at one field which she hates last time, she quickly pick up and excel.

For example puzzle, last time never touches, especially her older cousin does better than her; now my twins show interest, E quickly excel by herself. It Surprises everyone, since no one asks her to try puzzles any more.

tubao,
Ahhh, so E really takes the comparison to heart
happy.gif
She doesn't want to lose to meimeis so she'll try to excel and "win" them..hehe...so cute. Can use this to your advantage but cannot use too fequently otherwise will really hurt her pride. But must also teach them to accept failure, can't possible win all the time mah.

Hehe......we don't compare. She compares herself, and do something herself. It's natural, shall be ok? Yes, yes, failures do much good for her. Hehe....I don't teach her either, she sees and feels it by herself.

Still trial and error. Phew, at least, she and other family members are much happier now.

Mom2nat, oic, true lar, logistics should be easier not tougher. But if u bought near st nic school then u enroll elliot into cc nearby then both no need to take school bus, will it be easier? But now pte resale become buyer's market, moving very slow Liao.

Sorry, i v busy today. Din let Elliot go to sch cos got a suspected case of HFMD in his class. AND he din nap at home! Make me upset... so leh, telling me he shd go cc not kindy! LOL... cos I dun wan to face with this napping prob daily.

ASk you all something... do your kids say, "dun love you, dun fren you, you are bad.." blah blah? I tot is a phase, quite common? Today my fren told me when we went to her place previously, Elliot broke her son's toy and oso said those stuffs to the kids. She told me E is emotionally disturbed. Tell me to bring him see doc!!!! She say her kids dun say such things. But I rem my girl oso said such stuffs leh.

She oso say why would a kid break other pple's toy! Then I ask my girl she said the boys were throwing toys at each other, happen my boy threw her son's fav toy. Hmmmm... Kids come my house, oso sometimes break my toys leh. normal right?

mom2nat,
i think E heard from somewhere n is just repeating?
dun think kids this age actually know wat it means to dun love u, dun fren u...

lexie is always imitating the teachers in sch. to the extent i know exactly which teacher! and i always hear her scolding #2 in exactly the same way i scold her...faintz

Grumpus
E told me "I say I dun love u but I still love u"... Hmmm...

Yup, they love to imitate. Well, I try not to over emphasize but ignore.

Tnrw my shopping day but need to bring elliot with me *yawnz*

Back