(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

My doc insist of checking my cervix after she did the scanning although i keep saying no to her...guess because my baby's head is very low and she almost couldnt find her head..i am scared of the pain too...hehe. but i find it quite alright, not very painful actually when she did the checking..

shannonbaby, my baby also 2.6kg at Wk36 and 2.5kg at Wk37. Yes, it is a decrease in wgt! But gynae says ok cos the weight is an estimation only. I'm still worried but there's nothing much I can do about this...
sad.gif

Jacelyn, my gynae also has not done a single VE (I'm now Wk37) for me other than Strep B which I dun tink is counted as VE. I have also been wondering how will she know if I am dilated or not?

Also on a related note, anyone knows how our gynae tells if our pelvis can accomodate baby? If baby is big but pelvis is big, still high chance of natural birth.

Anyone confirm taking epidual??
My husband says up to me to decide whether i want to take or not. i heard that after 5cm cannot take epidual already, is it true huh??

shannonbaby,
when is yr next appt with dr lee? heh, mine is mon. hopefully she will agree to induce on 8 jan for me. think me and hubby wants the baby to be out soon. oso due to the fact tat if baby out on 8 jan, confinement will be over by CNY
happy.gif
let's see if we will be "fighting" over dr lee haahaa.. she was actually trying to "stretch" my cervix on 31 dec mon when i last saw her... tat was PAINFUL loh...

tate is so cute!!

nexyanne,

mine next appt is next fri. which is so long away. so hopefully my baby will be guai guai and come out on 8 jan..hehe..i am also aiming to finish confinement by CNY!!..
happy.gif

my friend was telling me that when she was in the delivery ward, her gynae has 5 other MTB going to give birth at the same time in the same hospital!! 6 of them were like fighting for the gynae and in the end, hers was the first to come out...sound so stressful to me...hehe

Hi ladies,

Wow, mylife & chaye, your babies soo chubby! ^_^ Me filled with envy! Wish both of u speedy recovery! =)

Checkup today...

Just came back from my checkup. Yes, I should be in my 38 weeks, and due date is still 15 Jan 08. My gynae did a cervix check and found that I am about 0.5cm dilated and she can feel my baby's head already. =S I HATE cervix check. Anyway, she is happy with the progress.

I did asked her what happens if no action till my due date. She said she'll induce when latest 5 days after my due date. So I will have to mark 20 Jan 08 as my D-day liao.

hi!

I hav delivered on 3Jan2008, still at Mt.A now..

Natural wif epi, baby"s name is Rayden.

anybody at Mt.A too?

Wow, congraulations Lynn! ^_^

I am WAITING to check into Mt A.. hahahaha =) Guess I am nearly there, but just not there yet...

Babe,

Yes, still working. Don't know why the closer I get towards my due date, the more stuff I found are still outstanding. =S

Steph,

I done my lasik 2.5yrs ago. =) It's great to be living without specs. So u should reconsider after your delivery.

Cervix Check...

Can I ask.. after the cervix check, I know soreness is normal. But does anyone of u feel like "poo poo" after the check? I have that feeling.

Don't want to be gross. I am just wondering if every time the nurse does a cervix check on me during my labour, and after that I want to go to the toilet, it will be soo horrible. =(

prata_queen,

Oh yes, I wanted to ask my gynae if she thinks my pelvis can accomodate my baby, but I forgot! She didn't tell me yes or no wor... =S Aiya, miss today's chance to ask her..

AhCapp, like for cervix dilation, they use fingers to 'feel' us. What about pelvis size?

I wonder how they tell or rather estimate pelvis size. Anyone has an answer?
happy.gif

AhCapp, I also did my lasik, in 2005. Performed by Dr Lee Hung Ming when he was still at TTSH. Now I heard he went to a private hospital liao.

I recommended my younger sis to him. She was one of his last few patients while he was still with TTSH.

Prata_queen,

Dr Lee Hung Ming is very famous and popular. =)

I am wondering if lasik is level 1 for awfulness, what will childbirth be.. level 10 I guess... the highest level. =S I am such a chicken!

Yep yep! He is really good and his charges were comparable to SNEC senior consultants so naturally I chose him in the end. But maybe now he charges more (since he is with a private hospital).

I agree, lasik discomfort was quite minimal, just a lot of tearing, but recovery was within half to 1 day.

Babe
I oso worry financially. Prob can survive, but no luxuries lor. I din work for a few yrs liao, now part time. but with #1, not easy to work parttime, then with #2, i dun think it is any easier.

Chaye
Your boy is a charmer!

Congrats Lynn!

<font color="aa00aa">congrats to Lynn!! rest well!!</font>

<font color="ff0000">POP LIST!!</font>
<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hosp</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB name</TD><TD>BB Wt/Ht</TD><TD>Delivery Type </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>split (split)</TD><TD>07-Jan-08</TD><TD>15-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Ang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>1.875kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>sassy (sassymum)</TD><TD>22-Jan-08</TD><TD>15-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Danelle</TD><TD>2.215kg</TD><TD>C-Sect with GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>anbrasia_ma (anbrasia)</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Dec-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>JanBB</TD><TD>16-Jan-08</TD><TD>19-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>2.41kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tattybaby</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>21-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jia Xuan</TD><TD>2.515kg/49cm</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Yen (yen2007)</TD><TD>05-Jan-08</TD><TD>22-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Celleste</TD><TD>2.96kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>jenie_1979 (jenie_1979)</TD><TD>10-Jan-08</TD><TD>22-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Felicia</TD><TD>2.845kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>violetIce (violetIce)</TD><TD>11-Jan-08</TD><TD>24-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Ian Ng</TD><TD>3.6kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>bebe_yan</TD><TD>02-Jan-08</TD><TD>24-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.6kg</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>3rascals (june06)</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>25-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jermayne</TD><TD>2.53kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Janet Yeo (janetyeo)</TD><TD>18-Jan-08</TD><TD>26-Dec-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Jeriel</TD><TD>2.85kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>eRnMum (bluerose)</TD><TD>18-Jan-08</TD><TD>26-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. June Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Eddric</TD><TD>3.155kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>michelle (sepsurprise)</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Dec-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD>3.71kg</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>deerdeer (deerdeer2)</TD><TD>03-Jan-08</TD><TD>27-Dec-07</TD><TD>Prof YC Hong</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.2kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>chaye</TD><TD>11-Jan-08</TD><TD>29-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Tate Chan</TD><TD>3.73kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>elmo_78 (elmo_78)</TD><TD>08-Jan-08</TD><TD>29-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amamda</TD><TD>3.1kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>blackbatz</TD><TD>02-Jan-08</TD><TD>31-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Anne Hargaty</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.97kg</TD><TD>C-sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>cherynn lim (chercher)</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>31-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Wee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.75kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>LynnChong</TD><TD>15-Jan-08</TD><TD>03-Jan-08</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Rayden</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>mylife</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>03-Jan-08</TD><TD>Dr. Chua Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rylee</TD><TD>3.3kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural</td></tr></table>

The list of mummies who have delivered is sure getting longer. ^_^ Just wondering when is my turn... ;)

Wow...the babies are so cute. Can't wait to see mine too.

Just came back from checkup. Thank God my bb has gained 2.6kg (200gm increase) at week 37 plus. Although still quite small for a boy but as long he's healthy, am happy liao. Hopefully by the time i deliver, he's 2.8 - 3kgs. My gynae told me my bb oni slightly engaged. Dunno when fully engaged...got to be patient and counting down.

My gynae didnt do cervix check for me yet. Is it when bb fully engaged then check cervix? How's the checkup like?

Flyn,

My gynae was able to put her last finger in and feel my baby's head today. Something like that. Reminds me of making love when it's still dry down there. =S Not very very horrible, just feel sore after the check.

Lynn
Congrats! Wat time u delivered? Ur Rayden and my Rylee same birthdate! hehe

Chaye
Tate really look very handsome wor...so alert! I'm still waiting for Rylee to open her eyes big big so i can take nice pic.
happy.gif

Mommies who have given birth and BF-ing. The nurse in TMC told me to feed-on-demand, ie when baby cries, but tot i read somewhere, MUST latch her on every2-3 hours regardless if she demanding on not...is it true? Which one shud i do ah?

mylife, bb rylee really very chubby .. agree with kitsune and sassy, feel like pinching her cheeks.
happy.gif

chaye, yr prince also very cute.

so envy all of you, looking forward for my turn...

<font color="0077aa">hi all,
Wow...so many updates &amp; popping...WELL DONE!!

Congrats mylife, bb rylee so sweet &amp; chubby!

Chaye, yr boy really prince charming
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="ff6000">Congrats to Lynn &amp; Luvv!! Do update us yr birth story &amp; yes pix of yr little darlings soon
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="119911">Aft check up today at gynae's clinic, i am so glad that bb has gained more weight. He is now 2.8kg at 37.5wks (put on 600g within 2wks). I guess eating more meat, chix &amp; chocolates helps..keke
happy.gif

For me, i've gained another 2.5kg, making total 13kg gosh!! BB's head is 80% engaged liao but no contraction yet. No cervix chk yet. Gynae say CTG not necessary unless i felt contraction or decrease bb movement.</font>

AhCapp,

Re: Lasik
I am definitely gg for it. Will be doing it at Paragon clinic in March or April. My degree is very chim, 500deg on each eye...hopefully can recover 99% perfect sight. I heard some pple still regain few 100deg aft lasik.

mcfluffy,
i am now 37.5wks.

AhCapp: Thks for sharing your experience. Is your bb fully engaged?

Steph: I oso same as u...hv to eat more to boost bb weight. Recently drink milk. Hopefully by next fri, my bb's weight gain to 2.8kg at wk 38 plus.

fishia
no ley, i seldom hit. everything over in 5min, chop chop settle it. haha. i dunno how people can last so long.. the KL minister's tape is 44min long! and he's 60YO! *pengsan* better dun suggest to husband.

ah capp
last finger?! i dun think so la.. shld be index &amp; middle fingers.
and it's "admit" into hospital, not "check-in". Not hotel ley...

mylife
not everytime bb cries means she wants milk. I would feed every 2-3 hrly. Coz my first time i only latched on demand, in the end my boy went 5-6hr without any bm coz he was happily sleeping &amp; we also happily let him sleep. In the end his jaundice shot up coz all the toxin still in his body - he din eat enuf to pass out the toxin as urine or poo.

I also came back from 37 weeks checkup. Gynae said my baby has moved down quite a lot and my tummy is already very tight...he said either see me in the labour ward or in his clinic next friday...haha...so anytime can pop liao. But he also never do any cervix check for me leh. My EDD is 20 Jan but hoping baby will come next week since it's really getting uncomfortable liao.

Congrats, Luvv!
happy.gif

Chaye, you BB so handsome. I even told my BB gal about this handsome gor gor.

Steph77, I was thinking about lasik too but scared cannot recover 100%, then will still need to wear specs. Then waste my time to do op. Somemore, heard that once hit 40, may have "lau hua yan". Don't know after doing lasik, will end up wearing specs again or not? :p

Yvonne: We have the same EDD date. My bb oni slightly engaged leh. Dunno how long must I wait? I also gg for checkup nxt fri. Which hospital u gg to deliver?

Wendyg: Wat admit not check in? Abit confusing... I heard from friends that some gynae can even put his whole hand to check cervix. I freaked out when i heard tat. Is it true? Anyone heard of it?

By the way, today I signed consent form to donate my bb cord blood to S'pore public cord bank for public use. Anyone doing this?

Flynn,

My gynae did said my baby's head is already engaged. She didn't quote me any percentage though. ;)

Steph,

My colleague has 1000deg in each eye. She has residual degree of about 100 to 200 per eye after the surgery. She didn't dare to go back for enhancement though. Anyway, individual result does vary though, I must say.

Flyn,

When I said "check-in" in my previous msg, I was saying with a sense of humour. *LOL* =D

My gynae did told me today that I need to be dilated to about 10cm in order for delivery. Goosh, scary =S

kitsune,
lasik cannot guarantee 100% but my colleague has done hers &amp; she recovered almost 99%, that's good enuff. At least save the trouble of soaking/disinfect lenses &amp; wearing specs. I remb my niece when she was 18mths or so, she likes to grab pple's specs off their face &amp; i don't want my baby to do that to me plus i want convenience so decided to "Just Do It". Yup, most pple say will kena "Lau Hua Yan" later but that will be 6 to 8 years down the road &amp; by that time, can buy from pasa malam/flea market those cheap cheap kind (abt $12bucks range from 100 to 300deg) lau hua specs right?hee
happy.gif

Wanna reconsider do it together? The Lasik Surgery Clinic at Paragon? Safra member get further discount wor!

Wendyg,
thought you enjoy ML.. 5min so fast how to enjoy??

mylife,
there are different schools of thought. Some say wake bb up 3 hourly to establish milk suppy. also to ensure bb doesn't sleep too much in the day so nite time sleeps longer. Some say feed on demand and never wake a sleeping bb..

fishia
enjoy ah... i think husband enjoy more than me. 5min can liao la, o'wise i may fall asleep zzzzz
tick off from my "to-do" list every few days *hiak*

Steph, my colleague also did it there. And he has no problems, also no need to wear contact lens liao. Oh really, safra got further discount. I'm more interested in the new 'no cut' lasik, supposed to be safer and less side effects but even more expensive. Anyway, I still need to think about it lar. Cos after delivery, got so many extra BB expenses, somemore exploring whether to work PT. If still go and do lasik, think I'll "pok gai". :p

kitsune,
yup take yr time, afterall it's additional expenses. Vainty me la...but i am not those who's willing to spend alot on cosmetics/skincare so i guess balance out..hehe
happy.gif

hey, were u at Vivo city this afternoon too? me &amp; hubby went there for a movie "Aliens Vs Predator2" ard 4.40pm. Wah, the movie "loud sound system" really excite my baby...squirming &amp; boxing ard my tum tum throughout the movie!

Back