(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Tetra,
Congrats! Yah, I know, trying to be patient. Really lah, so many ppl either pregnant or just delivered. Everybody talking about Golden Pig baby, I started wondering if there's enough space in primary schools for this year's children.

Hi Mums,
Just went to AH for a molar extraction. Gosh, broke my tooth on Saturday, went to the dentist yesterday n got the tooth extracted this afternoon. Am filling the grandpapa of pains now. I hate dentist!! Brought the broken tooth back n intend to show it to Linus, hopefully can tell him that he must let me brush his teeth so that he will not be like me. Hmmm, wonder if this is a good idea??

Hi Mums,
Have not contribute much to this thread nowadays but everyday I'm still reading all of you's postings.

Claira is talking like a big sister. She will imitate what I say and do. She will say things like, "Ok, I show you" or sometimes she says "I drink water first". Aiyo...she sounds so funny at times that I just laugh at her. Now she can sing another song 'twinkle twinkle little star' but with some broken words. She really enjoys singing just like me. If this passion goes on, can send her for piano lessons.
happy.gif

Oh Claira has a new hair cut no more china doll hairstyle and don't look as cute anymore....but definitely she feels much cooler.
happy.gif

Angela,
Do take care and soon MS days will be gone. Keep us posted of the gender.
happy.gif

Catz,
Post us more pics of Beth k. I bet she will definitely put on in time to come especially with BM.
happy.gif

Piggy,
Wa...finally have your own freedom. Must have felt a sense of contentment. So who looks after Linus now?

Aiyo...how you broke your tooth? Poor girl!
happy.gif
Good idea to show Linus but don't scare him if not you'll get reverse effect.
happy.gif

babyd,
So funny...everybody talking about golden pig but, in fact, this year is the year of fire pig and the main element of pig is water. Wonder why?
happy.gif

Tetra,
Another boy is good can save a lot on clothings, toys and etc...if its girl... sure 'pok'(bankrupt) can just buy and buy. hehe...
happy.gif
I always feel 2 children of the same gender is good cos they can play along, fight together and also keep each other company.
happy.gif

MG,
My maid still lokks after him. We will send him to my MIL's in the morning, then pick him up after work lor. Can't cut her away from Linus cos he is her mega vitamin pill.

My tooth...long story. Ate a fishball with a fragment of bone inside 3weeks ago....I think it cracked a little, it was painful but I ignored it as the pain went away after afew days. Then last Saturday, I realised that the tooth is about to break into 2pcs!! So no choice, must see the dreaded dentist....

Post some pics of Claira with her new hairdo leh. Brighten our day with her cute face leh...

Hi ladies,

Piggy, I hate the dentist too.. trying not to pass my fear of the dentist to Timo though but he's very stubborn and doesn't let us brush his teeth properly :p Any tips to combat toddlers not wanting to brush? You're so lucky your MIL is so understanding. Now that we're within walking distance to my awful inlaws.. sigh.. they've been walking over to visit.. arrggghhhhhh... sianz.

MG, Claira is such a grown-up little girl. Timothy also talks like a grown-up.. he says 'aiyoyo' or 'oh noooo' and is starting to use proper grammar 'kungkung did exercise'. My baby has grown up!!!

BabyD, wah the urge for #2 suddenly hit you very strongly? Thought you wanted to wait till Sherman was about 3? Anyway, don't stress yah? It takes an average of 6 mths to conceive.

Catz,
Sherman bites the toothbrush, so he doesn't really let us brush his teeth properly either. We get around it by giving him another toothbrush to brush at the same time, or ask him to brush Barney's teeth, which he will do quite willingly.

As for #2, it takes 9 months of gestation and Sherman will be about 3 by then. I'm not keen for a big age gap, would have liked to TTC earlier but had to time delivery after graduation, otherwise no maternity leave plus stress of writing up would be too much. A bit impatient becos Sherman came v easily.

Hi mummies,
I just tested positive last Thursday, have yet to see the gynae but am now 5.5 weeks preggy, baby will be due end Oct according to my own calculations ... sorry, BabyD, dun mean to cause u more stress

Catz,
Have seen your hub a couple of times but have not seen u nor baby Bethany around ... hope to catch up soon ...

babyD, that's precisly what Timo does! So how do you brush at the same time??? As for TTC, give your body some time to get over the stresses you had earlier yah?

slamdunk, CONGRATS!!! Dylan is going to be a korkor! Yah my hb says he keeps running into you guys but I'm usually upstairs feeding my little vampire bat
happy.gif
Yes, let's catch up soon.. lemme know when you are spree-ing again okie? Beth really needs clothes!

slamdunk,
Congrats! I will "jia you"...

Catz,
When Sherman is busy brushing Barney's teeth, I brush his teeth. Or he will use one toothbrush and put in his mouth. After he bites that one, I quickly brush the front teeth and other side with toothbrush #2. He will open to try and bite, then I will brush by turning the brush in his mouth to get the up down action and withdraw quickly to brush the biting surface b4 he clamps down on it. Repeat until I get around to his whole mouth. My MIL has a different strategy that works as well. She will ask him questions and my chatty boy will want to answer them, so he will let go of the toothbrush he bit when he's talking, then she will quickly brush & withdraw b4 he bites again. It's not fantastic, nor very thorough, but better than nothing.

Slamdunk,
Congrats.
happy.gif

Catz,
I showed Linus my tooth that was removed. He willingly open his mouth to let me brush. Hope this last!!
For a period, I use the colour game to ask him open his mouth. "What colour do you like?" He will reply, "Red!", "OK, I have red here, let me paint your teeth red." Then I repeat the questions till the brushing is done. This worked for a couple of weeks.
happy.gif

Hi gals,
Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy Piggy New Year!

Slamdunk,
Congrats to you!

Twinkle,
Ya, very long time didnt log in.miss u all!
Btw, thanks for your concern, my boys are doing fine, as naughty as usual. Heheee!

Catz,
Congrats to you too. Saw Bethanys pic, she is so pretty!

Brush Teeth
Wilfred likes to brush teeth. Everyday approx 9.30pm, he will say, brush teeth! I want brush teeth! And he quite co-operative too; when I say, eee., he will let me brush the front teeth . When I say, ah... He will open his month big big to let me brush other side. Of course, sometimes we need to prepare something to entertain him, usually give him 2 small cups to play with.

Congrats Slamdunk....

BabyD,
Dont add pressure to yourself, just relax and you will strike the jackpot in no time.. Gd luck!

Gals, I am so near to my delivery (now I m in my 33 weeks), kinda of anxious & scared of the pain...

Yve/Catz,
Is 2nd labour easier for you?

twinkle,
Second labour shorter, but I still needed epidural.. But think the dosage is lower, cos i can feel his head coming out.. Did not puke too.. I also gan cheong towards the end of the second pregancy, cos forgot how labour pain feels like.. :p

twinkle, my 2nd labour didnt' happen 'cos went through emergency c-sect. Gynae was very clear tt I must not go into labour as baby would've gotten very distressed. C-sect awful awful awful.. :p Don't worry lah.. 2nd one is usually easier, that's what I've heard.

BabyD, your tooth brushing tips are really useful. thanks! Will try again. Aiyoh Timo's teeth are sooooo grimy.

Hi gals,

Tks for the encouragement. Glad to hear that 2nd labour tends to be easier. I hope so really!!

Btw, I have done a change of name for my gal(long pending already), she is now Ferlin. Ferlin is suffering from Oral Thrush... thought it was hfmd..heng ah its not...
PD says she prob bites on toys which are dirty/contaminated..... haiz

Twinkle,
Really! My second labour also shorter! Don't worry ya.
Ferlin is a nice name
happy.gif
hope she recovers soon.

Sorry, no idea on the contacts for naming of new births. U quite pantang one hor!?! :p

Eve,

Nt really patang lah. The reason why I did a change of name for my gal is because I myself also see the same numerologist and I also did a change of name. Well life hasnt been smooth for me since young hence with the change, jus hope it will be smoother. I do believe in fate but a good name does helps determines/changes your fate a bit. Hence for now, I thought of consulting a professional to name my boy rather than we name it ourselves. You can say me more "fan xing" lor...sometimes, "bi hua" of the characters does affects one's destiny... maybe I am a believer of this.. ha ha aha.. rather be safe than sorry... ha ha

Twinkle,
I went to Jin Zi Long at Aljunied for naming. I go back n find the telephone number, then let you know, ok?

Twinkle,
J Z L telephone is 67417377.
I called them after baby was born to give them the date n time and told them a few chinese words that I like n see if they can be used. They will advise base on the ba zhi and the number of strokes. I think a good name is important cos it stays for life.

Twinkle,
$88, no need to bring baby down. Your HB can go alone to pick up the names.

<font color="ff0000"> T Twos</font>
2.30am
I heard some commotion in Linus' room.
2.31am
"Baby Mama come!!!"
2.31am
Someone started knocking on my bedroom door, then followed by banging on my door.

I got up, opened the door and saw BABY holding his pee pee cup, "Mama, I want to pee pee!" He is in tears like maid has been ill treating him...

"OK, I let u pee pee. Why can't nanny hold the cup for you?"

"I want Baby Mama..."

In the meantime, the cup is at least 3/4 full!!

"Mama, pat pat..."

"OK, please close your eyes."

3.00am
He slept and I went back to bed.

3.15am
"Mama, come!! Baby mama, come!!"

I went again.
"Why?"

"Mama, pat pat."

"I thought you are asleep? Why you wake up again?"

I patted for 15 mins. He slept. I went to bed.

3.45am
"Mama, come....." (Sob sob sob)

I went AGAIN. He settled down.

"Linus, can I go back to my bed?" "You have a bed, Nanny has a bed but I have no bed here. Can I go back to my bed after you sleep?"

"No need. Mama pat baby here."

"Mama needs to sleep. Mama is tired."

"No. Mama pat baby"

He moved postion. Found the most uncomfortable position n fell asleep...

Time now: 4.30am

I went to bed.

7am..... the knocks n kicks on my door started again. I have again the honor to hold the pee pee cup cos NOBODY could do it better than me.

I love Motherhood!!

Hahaha....Wa..Piggy, you must be panda today! I think Linus still trying to get use to it and maybe he's feeling insecure. Oh by the way, does he still wear diaper for bedtime?
happy.gif

MG,
No more diapers for a few months liao. He will wake up and ask maid for a cup to pee into.

Ya, I am panda today.
happy.gif

Piggy,
Linus is so.... adorable! I haven't even toilet train Heidi yet.. So envious!!!!

Slamdunk, Yvonne
Congrats to you both!

We will be going to Taiwan for 2 weeks this Wed. Now abit panicky abt everything! From milk powder to food, to weather, to airplane taking off etc..
Any advice , anyone? Thanks!

Hi slamdunk,
Big Congrats to you......!! Let me know if you organizing any ON or GAP spree, k.
happy.gif

Yvonne,
Congratulations! Remember to post us some pics k.
happy.gif

Piggy,
Wa...Linus can go diaperless for night already! Thats very good! Usually 3-4 years old then they can without diaper for night time.

Yesterday afternoon, I've forgotten to wear diaper for Claira and she wet the bed. Wa Piang...end up I've to throw everything to wash!
happy.gif

Hi Angela,

Taiwan is very accessible so don't worry too much. There's alot of Taiwan porridge around. Its spring over there now so remember to bring extra clothings for Heidi. As for airplane, taking off its ok only worry you have is landing. Presssure is greater when aircraft descend. You can help her release ear block by giving her drinks or sweets. If she cry just let her be. I think there shouldn't be a problem bringing milk powder. If you have doubts can check www.singaporeair.com regarding customs.

Great shopping and fodd there. Enjoy your trip.
happy.gif

Hi all,
Many thanks for sharing my joy of a 2nd baby ... but I am really not having the time of my life now. The nauseous feeling is there every waking moment, even as I type this, I am feeling really nauseous. Just wondering for the rest of you, if the symptoms are exactly the same as your previous pregnancy, does it mean that gender of the baby is likely to be the same ??

Catz, MGteo,
I am very apprehensive abt doing another Gap or ON spree coz for my last few sprees, the vpost charges were horrendous (esp ON), not very worth it to buy online unless the sales is very good
sad.gif
I have a 15% discount code for Gap though, so may just organise one coz my fren has been bugging me to do one, hopefully the 15% can help to offset some of the vpost charges ... will let u gals know

Piggy
Linus is really fast leh to be toilet trained even for the night at this age coz that is usually phase 2 of toilet training which most mummies I know embarked on later. For me, I dun even have the courage to let Dylan go diaperless at home coz I dun have a maid and I am imagining all the cleaning hub and me have to do over the weekend ... haiz, no courage to start, esp now when I am so sick from the pregnancy ... Will discuss with his teachers in school how we can work on this together

Slamdunk
CONGRATS!!!!

Dun worry symptoms dun mean anything... as both mine are same..yet gender different...

slamdunk, sorry to hear that you're having bad MS. I had very bad MS with Bethany but I think symptoms don't mean anything lah
happy.gif
If you have a girl, she'll be the same year as Bethany.. maybe they can go to your alma mater together
happy.gif

Congrats, Yvonne!
happy.gif

Angela, you lucky girl you.. With my 2 monsters, I dont know when I'll travel next.
Enjoy TW!

Have enrolled Timo in next year for Marymount kindy.. but not sure if the school bus will run there.. if it doesn't, then gotta Q for Zion Bishan kindy.

Hi slamdunk,
Yes don't worry about the MS but I can totally understand how you feel cos I was also having bad MS every waking moment for 41/2 months. It was real torturing! Do you experience this when expecting Dylan?
happy.gif

As for the spree, no hurry and even if you're not going to do one I'm ok better take care of yourself at this moment. Don't tire yourself.
happy.gif

Congratulations to Yvonne on your delivery of your 2nd child.

And also congratulations to slamdunk on your 2nd pregnancy. Must rest well. Will get better in a another 4 weeks time. For me the pregnancy for both Lucas and Marcus is about the same except that I may vomit if eat too much for the 2nd one during the 1st trimester. And also did not put on as much weight as I did as compared to the 1st one. My SIL has 2 daugthers but she doesn't has MS so it is not a good indication of the baby gender.

As for potty training, Lucas is off his diaper at home during the day. Only wear diaper when we go out, and sleeping/napping. He is very funny, he will said "Go away" to all of us then secretly go to toilet and pee on the floor. He only used the potty for a short while and he will carry his potty & throw the urine in the w.c. We have more success with pee than poo though.

Haaha, I thought I heard from someone that if the MS symptoms for both pregnancy are the same, then gender of the baby also likely to be the same. So I was half expecting that it'll probably be a boy
happy.gif

Catz,
My fren was also considering Marymount kindy for her gal next year, she will be in K1 .. I was surprised to hear the open house was sooooo early, I mean it's only Mar now and already expected to register for 2008. If I am expecting a gal this time round, yup, she and Bethany can go to the same school.

I'll probably go for a short holiday in my 2nd trimester after the MS goes away.

Angela,
Enjoy your trip, I have never been to Taiwan but I think it will be fun.

Yvonne,
Congrats.
happy.gif

Slamdunk,
A big congrat to you and sorry to hear about your MS. Must have felt terrible. Try to rest more now as I am sure it will be over and by the second tri, you will be up and about again.

Angela,
Enjoy your trip.
happy.gif

Tetra,
Very funny that Lucas want u to go away when he pee. Did anyone mention to him that it is shameful not to wear pants? Linus is going thru the "Baby is naked" phrase. He loves being naked n will charge around the house after his bath, refused to wear anything and saying over n over again that "Baby is naked" and with glee.

slamdunk, ya i thought enrolment was for immediate!!! suaku hor? hope you hv a girl la...will be fun
happy.gif
sorry i lost your mobile no. as well..wanted to msg u to see how you're doing. also to see if dylan was free to meet his amigo at the playground!!

tetra, lucas and marcus really such a cute pair of names. lucas is so cute lah.. my son is lagi useless when it comes to telling us he wants to pee. he will fight us when we want to put training pants on him.. he will tell us that he wants diaper.

Thks to all the mummies!!

Wow...toilet training.... haven't even start Hunter for toilet training...also not sure of how to start also!! Headache....and now with a newborn....think i better postpone it....hehe
happy.gif

Yvonne: May be a good idea to postpone toilet train Hunter since he is going through a major adjustment now.

catz: Why would Tim prefer diaper than training pants? Thot it's about the same though in terms of comfort. We even bought him the Thomas Train brief but too big for him to now. Should have bought the XS but can't believe that his butt is so small until he wear it. Got one time, he tried to wear the brief himself after he pee. Everything was ok except the penis was still sticking out of the brief 'cause the brief too big lah. It was hilarious, and he was quite cool about it. About the name, my niece used to misprounce Lucas as Mucus..thot it ryhmes pretty well.

piggy: Linus is another funny chap. must video tape him, next time can show during his wedding. we found Lucas so cute from his back & naked when he brushes his teeth that we took photos of it.

piggy,
Sherman is really very similar to Linus! He also likes to run around naked and will proudly declare "Baby/Sherman wear nothing!" Getting him dressed after baths is not easy, have to persuade him to lie down by waving his favourite bolster at him.

We've given up toilet training for the moment, because it was getting so traumatic. Sherman just refuse to pee in the cup and is still scared of the potty and toilet bowl. FIL said he was actually holding his pee whenever my maid tries to coax him to pee in the cup. Then after she gives up, he cannot hold anymore and will pee all over the floor. After a whole month of cleaning up, we decided to give him a break until he's more ready.

Catz,
I thought Tim was born in Jan 05? So fast register for kindy already, meh? I had no idea must start queuing so soon for kindy, I mean, they just turned two! I'm still dragging my feet about sending Sherman to playgroup (nevermind kindy), cos every other parent friend we know says that the kids will fall sick continuously for 1-2 month when they first start attending. I'm not prepared for that yet. Apparently, they will cope better with flus & colds when they're a little older.

Yvonne,

Congrats! You went thru natural.
My due date is drawing nearer.. so ganchiong

Gals,
Too busy lately to log in as I am clearing my work asap.. appraisal is here and I have abt 12 more yet to be completed...siong ah
Lately have been bz buying things and packing bbs barang... btw Ferlin has started tumble tots (twice a week). She only cried on the first day when boarding the school bus.. After that it was ok for her to take the bus alone.. I didnt follow her becos the teachers was telling me that I got to let go becos I cant possible follow her everyday. SHe will pass the crying phrase. Indeed she was ok on day 2.. hee hee.. I m so relieve. She enjoy attending classes....But I notice she does gets flu and cough easily... haiz...

Oh btw, Catz /Baby D, yes got to enrol early for next yr intake of N1. I intend to send her for N1 at a neighbouring church kindy classes, I have to enrol her by April this yr. friends told me that to "book" a place in your desired school for kindy or N2, its better u start her early so that she will be automatically be enrolled in the following yr as places are "hot"

BabyD,
Haha, we have 2 "flashers" here.
happy.gif

I have another problem now with Linus.... He refuse to go and take his shower!! I must coax, talk, threaten, make up some dirty pig story, etc, etc, then after sometime, if all fails, have to forcefully carry him to into the shower. Really pengsan... one day 2 showers, we have to repeat the process 2x!! Then, after shower, refuse to come out those toys inside are great fun.Then after coming out, refuse to wear clothes n go about his "Baby naked dance!!"! Really faint. Aiyo, wonder if other kiddos are like him or what??

<font color="ff0000">Sinus</font>
Yesterday, brought Linus to the PD cos he has been having runny nose for 2months straight!! He first took a dose of antibiotics on 1 Feb and lasted 5days. Then it cleared up on the 6th Feb. On the 7th Feb, it came back and is on till today!!

Got so fed up with us cleaning his nose so I bo bian, bring him to PD again for another dose of antibiotics as the mucus is sometimes yellowish. PD says he has sinus. Gosh, any mums here with tods having sinus? Early morning n late evening are the worst. The rest of the day, he will have abit of mucus dripping out and sometimes can go for serveral hours dry. Hope this dose of medication will clear up his runny nose..

<font color="ff0000">School</font>
For those born in 2005,
Year 2008 Playgroup or some place call it N1
Year 2009 Nursery of N2
Year 2010 K1
Year 2011 K2

So if you want to register for N1 or playgroup, must register this year for 2008 intake. Hope this helps.

I need 6 kind souls to help me test out a new brand of diaper pants. Will mail 2 pieces (size XL) to each participants to test and try.

But I would need require the help of the testers to fill up a simple feedback form about the performance of the diaper pants.

Only have enough samples for 6 participants. Please PM me if you are keen. Thanks.

twinkle,
1. buy cute toothbrushes.
2. tell her how nice her teeth are if she brush them..
3. brush your teeth together with her.. You brush yours and she try to brush hers.. after u are done, take over her brush and do a proper job.. she will ask to try your toothpaste, give her some.. She will make a face when she taste it and not ask for it anymore..
4. Now i ask Angel to bring me to brush teeth (instead of i bring her).. She will pull me to the toilet, then we brush together..

piggy has a method where she ask linus what color to paint his teeth..

Back