(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Hi Catz,

Wow, Bethany is beautiful. She's got lovely eyes and I love her double eyelids. She's got that ABC look like Timothy..
happy.gif

Hi emonster & slamdunk, thanks
happy.gif
She doesn't look anything like Timothy though.. that's my first thought when they put her on me.. and everyday I see their looks diverging. She's hairy like Timo though..heheh.. all my beef diet lor. Actually I think she looks more ABC than Timothy 'cos her nose is quite sharp, like my hubby's.

Catz,
Bethany looks so beautiful...! She looks a bit 'boy boy' from this pic. But don't think Timo and she looks alike. Anyway they say baby girl can change alot more than boy. hehe...happy for you.
happy.gif

Thanks thanks
happy.gif
Yah Timo doesn't look like baby Bethany but it's OK lah.. hehe
happy.gif

Catering confinement food from Natal.. yum yum.. think I cannot lose weight 'cos I'm finishing all their jumbo portions.. haha
happy.gif

Just came back from TMC. Baby's jaundice is within normal range, thank God.. so no phototherapy required, unlike Timothy. My wound looks awful.. all bruised and battered.

hi catz,

big congrats and bethany is really a pretty gal!

she really make me drool for a girl..hehehe but im not ready for one yet ya.. :p

no worries on c-sect, as days passes the pain will slowly subside.... i still rem telling my gynae the very next day that i will not want another bb thru c-sect...guess wat he said, all mummies said that after delivery but they will get over the pain very soon and start all over again...
happy.gif
oh do rem to put on the binder as it really help a great deal.

sorry gals, have been missing the thread coz really tied down with work and with a new boss...arghh

oh not forgetting other preggies mummies, congrats!

will drop by as often as i could..have a great weekend!

cheers

catz: Bethany is indeed a pretty baby. Look at those big expressive eyes. Lucky you, can dress her up with those pretty clothes and accessories.. I can still remember the terrible period when sending Lucas back for phototherapy. Thank God, you don't have to go through this again. How come you can see your wound? Shouldn't it be sealed up?

hey dolphina, thanks
happy.gif
Actually I've been thinking that the gap was a little small btw my 2. End up Timo so sad. But I guess it's a growing pain that he has got to go through. Haha.. really I don't want another c-sect man.. So your new boss is very slave driver issit?Must update us with Jov's latest photos lei!

Tetra, oh they were changing my dressing and taking out the sutures.. that's why I asked for a mirror to assess the damage.
happy.gif
Aiyoh, all the clothes we bought are falling off her 'cos she's preemie sized. So poor thing. My mom went and bought this preemie plain white shirt from TMC pharmacy and it cost $16! One set of preemie mittens cost $6!!! *faint* So gotta wait before she will fit all the nice girl clothes.

Nowadays they will let you bring baby back home and let you rent the phototherapy bed. Wish we had done that last time with Timothy. End up I stayed in hospital with Timo. Shack..

Tetra, so how's the SAHM stint gg? The longer you're SAHm, the more you don't wanna go back to work and politics right? ;)

Hi Mums,
Today is the big moving day. Hope that Linus can get use to this place quickly. I have popped into office for a while n will be going off soon.
Wish me luck!

piggy: Good luck to your big day! And have fun too!

Catz: Don't worry, Bethany will put on weight very fast especially when she has breastmilk to nourish her body. Can still remember I broke down when my mum and hubby had to drive Lucas back to TMC for phototherapy. Should have introduced that to us the last time.

Talking about SAHM life. Well the last 1 mth being a SAHM (minus 8 days holiday), has been a good time for me to reflect on my needs and plan. I must agree that it is tough. As much as I want to spend time to engage him, I find myself busy with cooking and chores, the physical limitations due to the pregnancy has also restricted my plan for more outdoor activities. This toddler terrible 2 period is also a very challenging period. At times I do doubt my ability been a SAHM and an active mom in meeting his development needs. And I wonder if I should then continue to work and use the $ to send him to good preschool. I am also not sure if my SAHM life would improve greatly with the assistance from my domestic helper (coming in mid Feb). I won't know until those days when I am not working from Thu to Fri. So I will just watch and see. This part-time schedule is good for me for now. But you are right, I don't miss the office life and the politics. But I must definitely look for another income source be it another part-time work, or volunteer as teacher in the preschool to offset school fees or spend more time on generating income from investment. Not sure if we may still go for a 3rd one but we definitely will need to have 2 incomes, imagine buying 3 air tickets for the kids if we travel. can't imagine paying for 3 kids university eduation unless they don't wish to study. haha..

Piggy, so exciting... good luck! I will prob be moving over the weekend, fingers crossed! My poor confinement hubby very shack liao. My girl wakes up every 2.5 hrs at night and somehow she only likes my hb to pat her to sleep. :p

Tetra, yes, it's true that the physical limitations during pregnancy really prevent you from doing more with your active toddler.. but it will work out OK lah. That's why I made sure my kitchen is ultra friendly and got dishwasher so I don't end up wasting time on silly chores..plus I tumble dry all my laundry. Rgd the income.. well, my hb and I hv decided tt I will be in charge of their 'enrichment' so we will not be sending Timo and Bethany to branded kindies. One of the sacrifices lah... but it's OK.

catz: Your hubby must also take some nourishment i.e ginseng, etc. My hubby also did my confinement last time. aiyo...it was such a trying period for us, we literally were like zombies. How is Tim behaving now? Does he know what is going on?

Yah, preschool education can be so costly. So one of my plans is to be involved in the development programs full-time but definitely not now. got the spirit but no strength.

hi Catz!
really love Bethany look!! so pretty and cute!
she will put on weight very fast..no worry!!!
rest more yah!

Thanks iuiu
happy.gif

Tetra, my hb aiyoh, he very gungho. My gynae calls him ironman 'cos he does triathlons, very macho type. Now his eyebags are lagi BIG and BLACK. Insists on running here and there doing stuff for the house.. got time to nap, doesn't nap. *sigh* Too macho liao. Tim is slowly getting used to baby sister but he still keeps his distance. Still, I'm thankful that he's not throwing tantrums.. more that he's feeling insecure and sticks to his Daddy since he knows I cannot carry him
sad.gif

Catz,
Just pop by to say
"CONGRATS!"
Bethany is so pretty. love her eyes
Don't worry, She will 'fatten' up soon.
R was a 2.2kg bb. Look at her now:p
You take great care of yourself
happy.gif

Hello All,
I'm back. We moved on Monday and Linus slept thru on Monday night. Last night was another story. Wow, wake up at 3 and play/talk till 5am, then woke up at 7am, fully recharged.
I was still not completely well from my flu, in fact still coughing very badly...could hear him telling nanny to off the fan as all fans are his number one enemy now. I really pity my maid cos she can't sleep in new place and when she finally fell asleep at 12.30, he wakes up at 3am till 5pm.
Also, he is in love with the carpet that we placed in the living area. Stroke it and lay on it and wallow in it, really enjoying himself.

Tetra,
Preschool Education: Yikes....Really expensive.... I am not sure if it is worth that money.

Catz,
I think your HB very good la...Can do the chores for you. All set and ready for this weekend's move?

Hi gals,

Our thread is really quiet

So how's your new yr prep? This yr I m not celebrating becos still mourning.

Eve,

So long didnt hear from you. Hows ur boys?

Piggy /Catz,

What abt you gals? Like the new place?

Yve, can check with you how much you paying for angel's childcare? she's attending half day only rite? Right now i'm considering btw NTUC at Toa Payoh and Club HDB at HDB hub. but the fee difference is like almost $200 (NTUC lower rate) so i'm wondering if it's worth it to pay this $200 diff every mth. Rather a dilemma. Of cos i prefer the one at HDB Hub as it looks much newer (it's aircon, perhaps thats the reason for the price). I will be going for a short trial with Raymos tomorrow. I'm quite sure he will like the place. Moms, any comments on these 2 childcare centres?

I'm also sending my maid home this coming end of the mth. Her contract is actually due end of May. Besides informing the MOM and purchasing her air ticket, anyone knows what other procedures I need to do now? She's from Indonesia.

ah_bunny,
Re childcare.. After working mom subsidy for half day, i am paying nearly $300.. Using Brian's CDA acct to pay. Think this CC is cheaper cos it is not aircon.. Actually i prefer non-aircon leh..

hi mummies, Happy Chinese New Year to all.. hv moved in already but bad news.. no internet and phone line (stupid Singtel Mio) until Mar 8th..feel so disconnected from the world. :p

yve, can let me know how this whole CDA thing works? Wonder how long the CDA can last for 2 children. My plan is to use the CDA to pay for Timothy too.

Catz,
Haha... I suffered that too. HB had to go back to MIL's or Mcdonalds to get his daily fix of internet drug. The best thing is they came in the morning to set up modem but told us that the service will only be on at lunch time. So there was no way to test the service till it was switched on.

Wishing all mummies & kids here a Happy Chinese New Year! Good health, wealth & happiness for all.

These few days of holidays is great. We get to spend some good quality time with Lucas & our families. Our domestic helper has been with us for 1 week and has proven to be a great help especially the cooking & chores. It does make a difference for me & hubby. I would just have to be mindful not to be over reliance on her...One good thing is Lucas is accepting her quite well.

Tetra,
The main thing is Lucas is accepting her well if not its difficult to leave the maid with him. So when are you popping? Is it Oct? I can't really remember.
happy.gif

catz,
I dun think the cda can last for 2 kids leh.. one month 300 for one kid.. 1 year means 3600. 5 years of pre-school means 18000. Max is we contribute $6000 and gov give $6000. Where got enough?
happy.gif
But at least it is sort of a 100% acct and helps to offset some of the cost..

babyD,
Sherman has start to look a bit like you..

yve, ya true.. better than nothing but still not quite enough,

babyd, sherman is such a good blend of you and your hubby

piggy, how long did you wait? is yours mio too?

oh btw, paging blanche... can u sms me? changed phone and lost your contact..wanted to ask how's the tingkat gg
happy.gif

slamdunk, must meet up since we only stay a couple of metres away now
happy.gif

catz,
u looking for tingkat?
Haiz.. i have gone thru so many of them till i lost track of which is good.. The latest that i tried is house of catering and it was no good at all.. Every caterer also uses frozen chicken, but theirs is tasteless at all.. No matter how they cook it, it is tasteless.. And for yesterday's dinner, it was towgay (lifeless), fried chicken (dry and hard), cereal tofu (fried and dry) and fried seafood nuggets.. 3 fried dishes! Piangs.. We quickly finished the 20 days without any cancellation..

yve, you're still doing tingkat ah? Want to look for one that has unlimited cancellation. My hb took Buffet Paradize during my confinement catering stint with Natal Essentials.. seems not bad lah.. but I itchy backside, wanna try out others. So is your vote still for Neo Garden? Theirs only 2 cancellations per month leh.

catz, I started tingkat again cos I am at UAT site now and take a longer time to get home and this ulu place is not convenient to pack dinner back. Neo garden is yummy but no unlimited cancellation lor.. That's what holding me back from ordering from them again.. Try LeXin, Jiale. I don't like Select when I tried them 2 years back.

catz,
Oh, I think I tried buffet paradize cos I ordered their confinement food too.. Eh, did not like it but their service is good..

yve, hehe.. you also ordered from Natal ah? Their delivery men look like ah long but they are super nice
happy.gif
Thought the food my hb ate looked not bad also lei..

Piggy, 2 wks not as bad as my 3.5 wk wait.. sianz... so how's the new place?

yve, Catz,
You girls sure my son looks even a bit like me?? Everybody says he looks just like hubby. I always say he only inherited my dimples, so maybe when he smiles he looks a bit like me?

*sigh* whole world is pregnant except me... every gathering got pregnant friend, or just delivered baby.... i still no news...

babyD, yup, Sherman does look like you lah.. he's not all Daddy's genes
happy.gif
As for the whole world being pregnant, no lah.. take it easy lor.

BabyD,
I am not pregnant. Also, must not stress yourself to get pregnant. Let nature takes its course, ok?

Catz,
Great! I love the new "freedom" to do things my way. Was on leave the whole week and Linus is so sticky to me. "Mama help me do train", "Mama come n see baby (himself)", "Mama come n pat baby", etc, etc. Really can't tahan his stickiness.... How is little Beth doing? Fattening up nicely? Is Tim more accepting of her as part of the family now?

Piggy, hehe.. your MIL so bad meh? Timo is not sticky to me anymore 'cos he got freaked out when he saw my c-sect wound. Bethany is doing OK.. can't wait to weigh her and find out how power my BM is
happy.gif
She's still darn skinny though and I don't think she's even up to Timo's birthweight yet. Timo is getting better with her.. he sometimes asks to carry her and tries to sayang her but hor, he will lose interest very quickly and drop her :p LITERALLY!! Sleep-wise, aiyoh, very terok. She wakes up every 2-3 hours at night to feed. Last night was the worst. Her tummy was so huge with gas and she kept regurgitating so much tt she couldn't sleep.. so I'm a real zombie.

Catz,
Not that she is that bad, in fact she is very good indeed. When I am on leave for this whole week, she didn't "demand" that we bring him over, instead try to occupy herself with activities. (though we know she misses him, she didn't say anything n let us do it our way). The good thing about moving out is that there is no toilet occupancy issue. I shower as n when I want to.

I guess Timo got no idea that dropping her = hurting her. Aiyo, you poor thing, how to get rest like that?

Hello everyone,
Haven't been coming in becoz of very bad MS. Went to see gynae yesterday to get some anti-vomitting medicine to standby. I'm currently 12 weeks & bb is doing fine. Really can't wait to get it all over! Today, I feel so much better, so happy!

Catz/Piggy
Hope you're settled in yr new home! Any housewarming?

And may I ask whether do you still cook separately for yr toddlers? Can they take table food now? And what can we feed them? Heidi is so sick of her food & I wanted to puke whenever I see her food!

And I'm also looking for tingkat... my maid can't cook...

Angela,
Good to hear that bb is doing fine. Do let us know if it is a he or she, ok?

I didn't plan for any housewarming. Maybe just invite a few close friends over. Place is very small n with a energy filled child running aroud, place becomes smaller.

I still do cook for Linus but when our food is suitable, like not spicy n say got steam fish/tofu, I let him have the adult food. Must gradually let him take our food as long as it is suitable.

piggy: congratulations to your new found freedom! Linus is so grown up in the pictures, he definitely doesn't look like a baby anymore. He is so funny, still ask you to pat baby (Referring to him).

catz: enjoy your confinement! How do you prepare Tim before you deliver that he is going to have a sister? Lucas still doesn't understand it. Trying to read him some books on having a new sibling.

Angela: Hope your MS will get better as you move to the 2nd trimester. Has Heidi became more sticky to you since you are pregnant? Other than the porridge for his lunch, he will have rice with soup & the same dishes with us. He love all sorts of noodles & pasta. Can get her try some of the adult dishes, start with mixing rice with soup & some of the dishes in the rice.

babyd: Don't worry too much & stress yourself. Will come soon.

and oh ya... I will be having Marcus this Jul. 80% is a boy. A fortune teller predicted this a few years ago that we will have 2 boys. More accurate than gynae. haha...

piggy,
Sherman is like Linus. "Mummy, carry", "Mummy, pat Baby", "Mummy, sit (with) Sherman/Baby" (in the car), "Mummy, play toys", "Mummy, draw draw". Linus looks really tall and grown up now.

Our tods are growing up! I managed to measure Sherman's height during CNY, he's 87cm, nearing the MRT child fare height limit already!

Angela,
Sherman eats porridge or noodles for lunch. Dinner is variable. Sometimes his own food, sometimes our food. Depends on FIL, who cooks. But when we go out, he always eats whatever we eat. His favourite is Japanese food and noodles. We just bring a pair of scissors to cut things up. He can be a bit fussy though, won't eat everything.

Back