SingaporeMotherhood | Family Fun
The Port of Lost Wonder (POLW) in Sentosa
Quick question: What does a pirate do when it’s hot and sweltering outside? Answer: He heads to the Port of Lost Wonder for some soaking wet fun of course!
Oh yes, we’re talking about Singapore’s very first kids’ club by the beach, where children between the ages of three and 10 can raid the ship, fire the cannons, battle the water bucket, and cool down with a spot of gardening after all that excitement.
Once there, little ones can get a Port Pass (just like a passport!) and fill it up with stamps after every adventure to get their rewards. From thrills to spills, from bubbles to boogies, there’s something here for everyone in the family to enjoy. Are you ready?
The family that plays together… has even more fun than ever! Kids pay admission and parents don’t – but big people get to enter with a hug from the sprogs! Then it’s onto the two-storey pirate ship for water-gun shootouts, slippery sliding, and more wet and wild adventures on the high sea. It’s every kid’s dream come true!
Isn’t it great how kids rise to the occasion when they’re called to do so? Upon entry, each child is given some Curios. This exclusive POLW currency can be used to pay for activities at the Port and ahem, it’s only valid if used by the little ones. So parents, hands off; let the kids decide how to manage their treasures. They’ll be financially savvy and mathematically nimble by the end of the journey, we’re sure!
Explore, observe and learn! Children can have green fingers too! Let the Wonder Crew guide your little ones as they pot their own plants, dye colourful flowers, learn how flora and fauna help humans, make friends with small creatures and discover little wonders! At Pots & Planks, going green is the way to be!
Children learn best through experiences and here at POLW, there are loads of new ones for them to uncover. Follow the map to the Port’s Wonder Craft sessions, where little ones can use recycled material to create their own Port masterpieces. There’s also the kids-only foam pit, Bubble Party, where future party-peeps can mould the millions of bubbles to sculpt statues, funky foam hair-styles and wacky foam costumes. Sweet!
When the children are all tired out from a day of swashbuckling adventures, let them keep calm and settle down with traditional, old-school games. Leave the tech gizmos at home – they’re not compatible with water anyway! – and head to Just Wonder for well-loved favourites that mum and dad can play too: Hopscotch, Zero Point, Chaptek and other traditional games!
• Child-friendly amenities – there are kid-sized sinks and half-doors in the showers so little pirates can go about their business with ease. We like! There’s also a First Aid room within the Port in case of incidents and accidents.
• Celebration Island/Party Cove – the secret space that’s perfect for birthday parties and any other family celebrations! Party packages with food, themed decorations and games are available.
• Port Belly – sustenance for hungry tums and grumbling ‘uns. Pick up a snack or tuck into one of the soups, pizzas, pastas, and drool-worthy desserts, all designed to whet the appetite of even the most picky eater!
• Just Wonder – when you want to grab a souvenir to remind you of your wonderful day out at POLW, if you’ve forgotten to bring your sunscreen / swimmers / slippers, or just because you’ve fallen in love with the exclusive POLW apparel and accessories!
• Membership – only for kids and it definitely has its privileges, like priority entry, 100 Curios, Port Pass, unlimited admission to the Port and selected attractions, and exclusive POLW merchandise!
NEED TO KNOW
Hours 10 a.m. – 6.30 p.m. (Pirate Ship closes at 6 p.m.)
Port Belly Sunday – Thursday: 8.30 p.m. last order, closes at 9 p.m. / Friday – Saturday: 9 p.m. last order, closes at 9.30 p.m.
Admission (per child 12 years and under)
$10 — 50 Curios, Port Pass
Weekends, public & Singapore school holidays
$15 — 100 Curios, Port Pass
GET IN TOUCH!
WIN! We are giving away THREE one-year memberships to POLW at our Facebook page. All you have to do is answer a simple question and share the Facebook post. Then wait for us to get in touch with you if you are one of the winners! Closing date: 11 March 2014. Good luck!
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeMotherhood.